PDA

View Full Version : Lebron's "Jewish Money" comment sparks controversy; doesn't get fined

Giannis94
12-25-2018, 01:50 PM
I'm personally not thrilled that lebron has gotten a pass on this situation when say if Cuban or anyone else did what he did- they get a fine.

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/lebron-james-sparks-ire-with-jewish-money-instagram-post-1.6775083

Quoting rapper 21 Savage's "asmr," James wrote, "We been getting that Jewish money, Everything is Kosher" on a picture of himself in a Lakers sweatshirt on his Instagram Stories. He has a whopping 45,800,000 followers, making him the 38th most popular person on Instagram.

"That's what I do. I ride in my car, I listen to great music, and that was the byproduct of it. So I actually thought it was a compliment, and obviously it wasn't through the lens of a lot of people. My apologies. It definitely was not the intent, obviously, to hurt anybody," James told ESPN Sunday.

But his post had already done the damage, with critics taking to Twitter to criticize the basketball superstar. "Does quoting lyrics from a song absolve the person quoting from the responsibility behind the words? I’d argue no, especially with a following of 45 million," sports business journalist Darren Rovell tweeted.

More-Than-Most
12-25-2018, 02:07 PM
its only racist if you are white saying something about blacks. Yes lebron didnt get nearly the hate he should if the roles were reversed someone else quoting lyrics with the N word would be destroyed.

ewing
12-25-2018, 02:12 PM
He is a bad person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chronz
12-25-2018, 02:41 PM
Brons been around the block long enough to know the Jews are the one group you can't criticize, even if you thought it was a compliment

ewing
12-25-2018, 03:04 PM
Brons been around the block long enough to know the Jews are the one group you can't criticize, even if you thought it was a compliment

When did you become everyone’s crazy uncle?

LaVar Ball
12-25-2018, 03:20 PM
He did nothing wrong

Cracka2HI!
12-25-2018, 03:27 PM
I don't really care about this. I will say this doesn't do much to change the minds of people like me who believe the MSM has made it's OK for one side to say things like this and not the other. It's actually 100% proof. He's not going to be able to convince many Trump supporters they are the scumbags he thinks they are with these kinds of comments.

Saddletramp
12-25-2018, 03:29 PM
Finally, Lebron does something worthy of backlash.

:laugh2:

bledrules
12-25-2018, 03:37 PM
It's pathetic that an african american can say something racist and it's ok when a white person says the same thing everyone has a meltdown
Pretty much shows who the racists really are

Hustla23
12-25-2018, 03:47 PM
I'm not trying to be facetious. Can someone please explain how the term "Jewish money" is offensive? I can't think of any connotations other than the idea that Jewish people are rich. If it somehow implies that they earned said money through devious or illegal means, then I can kind of understand but I don't think anyone has insinuated that.

Chronz
12-25-2018, 03:58 PM

When did you stop thinking for yourself?

Giannis94
12-25-2018, 03:58 PM
I'm not trying to be facetious. Can someone please explain how the term "Jewish money" is offensive? I can't think of any connotations other than the idea that Jewish people are rich. If it somehow implies that they earned said money through devious or illegal means, then I can kind of understand but I don't think anyone has insinuated that.

In short:

The branding of Jews as a money-grabbing cabal quietly corrupting society has persisted, sometimes subtly, as a tool of bigotry for generations. It goes right along with insinuations that we, the Jews, control global politics and media. Sometimes it’s cloaked, like when you hear people talking about how Democratic donor George Soros, who’s Jewish, is actually paying off protesters or media who said something he doesn’t like

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/12/25/18155405/lebron-james-jewish-money-instagram-apology

Over the weekend, LeBron James posted a video to his Instagram Story of himself nodding along to 21 Savage’s “ASMR” in a car. It’s something he often does when new music drops. On the screen, LeBron typed out a stretch of the song’s lyrics: “We been getting that Jewish money, Everything is Kosher.”

The lyric 21 Savage put in his song and James typed out to his 46 million followers is unquestionably antisemitic. The big problem is not that it refers to money as “kosher,” a reference to a Jewish dietary restriction that probably means, in context, that the money was cleanly earned. The big problem is calling it “Jewish money.”

The association with Jews and money goes back to at least the Middle Ages and has had dire consequences all over the world. It played a key role in Nazi propaganda leading up to the Holocaust, when Hitler sought to portray Jews as leaches sucking up the German state’s resources as they infringed on the country’s racial purity. Visit any Holocaust museum, and you’ll see 1920s and ‘30s propaganda like this poster, which depicted Jews as rich people “pulling the wires” on the rest of society:

“The Wire Puller” was an antisemitic Nazi propaganda poster before the Holocaust. There were hundreds of other pieces of propaganda like it.
The Nazi regime then killed six million Jews.

The branding of Jews as a money-grabbing cabal quietly corrupting society has persisted, sometimes subtly, as a tool of bigotry for generations. It goes right along with insinuations that we, the Jews, control global politics and media. Sometimes it’s cloaked, like when you hear people talking about how Democratic donor George Soros, who’s Jewish, is actually paying off protesters or media who said something he doesn’t like.

Chronz
12-25-2018, 03:59 PM

Never heard of the term shekels?

Chronz
12-25-2018, 04:03 PM
its only racist if you are white saying something about blacks. Yes lebron didnt get nearly the hate he should if the roles were reversed someone else quoting lyrics with the N word would be destroyed.

Roles reversed? Like when that guy got in trouble for the heading chink in the armor with regards to linsanity finally ending?

cmellofan15
12-25-2018, 04:03 PM

At first I didn't understand either, but there's a negative connotation behind remarks like these because it assumes that Jewish people are greedy and control the economy because of the stereotype.

After doing a little reading i found this is the same kind of rhetoric the Nazis used in their rise to power to demonize Jewish people. Same tactics we see used today against Muslims, Mexicans, and people of color in general by politicians.

So while it honestly didn't seem like much initially, I'm glad LeBron apologized and that he (as well as myself) learned something from it.

Chronz
12-25-2018, 04:05 PM
It's pathetic that an african american can say something racist and it's ok when a white person says the same thing everyone has a meltdown
You guys honestly believed bron meant to say something racist? Tho there does seem to be debate about the race element here of which I won't comment further. Its just hilarious the sequence of events unfolding for lebron in such quick succession

Chronz
12-25-2018, 04:11 PM
At first I didn't understand either, but there's a negative connotation behind remarks like these because it assumes that Jewish people are greedy and control the economy because of the stereotype.

After doing a little reading i found this is the same kind of rhetoric the Nazis used in their rise to power to demonize Jewish people. Same tactics we see used today against Muslims, Mexicans, and people of color in general by politicians.

So while it honestly didn't seem like much initially, I'm glad LeBron apologized and that he (as well as myself) learned something from it.
The nazis? Lololol.. it goes much further back

cmellofan15
12-25-2018, 04:13 PM
The responses in this thread are sickening. You guys think the response to what you perceive to be racism should be pointing the finger and doing the exact thing you seem to despise so much? The problems of racism, insensitivity, prejudices, etc. won't be solved by simply blaming, shaming and playing victim from either side. Especially not the side that's in the majority and has historically been on the wrong side of these issues.

Chronz
12-25-2018, 04:18 PM
The responses in this thread are sickening. You guys think the response to what you perceive to be racism should be pointing the finger and doing the exact thing you seem to despise so much? The problems of racism, insensitivity, prejudices, etc. won't be solved by simply blaming, shaming and playing victim from either side. Especially not the side that's in the majority and has historically been on the wrong side of these issues.
Combatting racism should take priority, tho I don't think bron was displaying anything of the sort. But you also can't deny humans are pretty good at identifying trends, maybe they've spotted a source of racism and it angers them just the same. Not that sickening considering far more racists remarks haven't been uttered here

cmellofan15
12-25-2018, 04:18 PM
The nazis? Lololol.. it goes much further back

Didn't realize the peak of Jewish persecution was a laughing matter..? Merry Christmas

Chronz
12-25-2018, 04:22 PM
Didn't realize the peak of Jewish persecution was a laughing matter..? Merry Christmas

You'd have a great point if this thread were about the holocaust and not criticism of Jews dating much further back.

**** Christmas, any true follower of christ knows not to celebrate pagan holidays.

blahblahyoutoo
12-25-2018, 05:26 PM
seriously, it's not even that bad, but I get the backlash.

Tg11
12-25-2018, 05:27 PM
LeBron made a mistake like he puts song lyrics on his social media so not surprised but LeBron immediately apologized if he offended anyone.

Scoots
12-25-2018, 05:33 PM

Just to clarify, that means I can say anything I want about anybody and not be racist? Sweet!

Scoots
12-25-2018, 05:36 PM

Wait, I know this one .... Trump right?

More-Than-Most
12-25-2018, 05:40 PM
Just to clarify, that means I can say anything I want about anybody and not be racist? Sweet!

pretty much. Real talk the most racist things I have ever heard werent from black or whites... the most racist people I have ever been around in my life were asians etc. I love their cultural and everything about them but man its insane how they fly under the racist radar.

Scoots
12-25-2018, 05:42 PM
You guys honestly believed bron meant to say something racist? Tho there does seem to be debate about the race element here of which I won't comment further. Its just hilarious the sequence of events unfolding for lebron in such quick succession

I do think we're going to far with controlling what language is okay and which is not. When a rapper called a woman on stage to do a song with him then gets mad when she says his lyrics with him it was clear we've lost the plot.

Scoots
12-25-2018, 05:43 PM
Combatting racism should take priority, tho I don't think bron was displaying anything of the sort. But you also can't deny humans are pretty good at identifying trends, maybe they've spotted a source of racism and it angers them just the same. Not that sickening considering far more racists remarks haven't been uttered here

This adds up for me as: LeBron learns, his fans learn, we grow, we move on.

More-Than-Most
12-25-2018, 05:44 PM
Racism is always going to be an issue but we shouldnt have a certain level of outrage for 1 thing over another. These are just lyrics but again if JJ came out quoting tupac lyrics he would get destroyed and the double standard is ********.

Tg11
12-25-2018, 05:51 PM
Racism is always going to be an issue but we shouldnt have a certain level of outrage for 1 thing over another. These are just lyrics but again if JJ came out quoting tupac lyrics he would get destroyed and the double standard is ********.

Yeah but it is not like LeBron is openly racist on purpose because this was a one time thing

smith&wesson
12-25-2018, 06:17 PM
I don’t think what he said was racist at all.

If a rapper says “I’m getting that Arab money” or “we been getting that Jewish money” that is simply saying I am getting a lot of money. What is racist about that statement when it’s a known fact that the princes in Saudi Arabia are extremely wealthy as are a lot of Jewish are known to have a lot of power.. What’s wrong with saying it ? It’s all about context. I wouldn’t be offended at all if I heard anyone quote that line...

Tg11
12-25-2018, 06:19 PM

If a rapper says “I’m getting that Arab money” or “we been getting that Jewish money” that is simply saying I am getting a lot of money. What is racist about that statement when it’s a known fact that the princes in Saudi Arabia are extremely wealthy as are a lot of Jewish people. What’s wrong with saying it ? It’s all about context. I wouldn’t be offended at all if I heard anyone quote that line...

Jewish people are in an uproar

smith&wesson
12-25-2018, 06:21 PM
Jewish people are in an uproar

Ridiculous...I mean it’s not intellegent to say, almost down right ignorant but it was harmless, and not stated in a negative context at all.

Tg11
12-25-2018, 06:23 PM
Ridiculous...I mean it’s not intellegent to say, almost down right ignorant but it was harmless, and not stated in a negative context at all.

Yeah but they are taking offense anyway

ewing
12-25-2018, 06:38 PM

You tell em

zookman65
12-25-2018, 06:57 PM
He is a bad person

Bad take. Ask kids in the inner city that he has helped. You must be offended that he doesnt like the POTUS

Chronz
12-25-2018, 08:06 PM
I do think we're going to far with controlling what language is okay and which is not. When a rapper called a woman on stage to do a song with him then gets mad when she says his lyrics with him it was clear we've lost the plot.

You think it was staged or just forced?

ODB13
12-25-2018, 08:11 PM
When the media pretended beating the teenage Celtics without their best two players was a generational achievement, I stopped expecting fairness in coverage. The media doesn't notice this blatant anti-Semitism. LeBron is above criticism.

ewing
12-25-2018, 08:18 PM
Bad take. Ask kids in the inner city that he has helped. You must be offended that he doesnt like the POTUS

He’s a giant tool

Scoots
12-25-2018, 08:33 PM
pretty much. Real talk the most racist things I have ever heard werent from black or whites... the most racist people I have ever been around in my life were asians etc. I love their cultural and everything about them but man its insane how they fly under the racist radar.

Koreans are the worst I've heard.

Scoots
12-25-2018, 08:35 PM

If a rapper says “I’m getting that Arab money” or “we been getting that Jewish money” that is simply saying I am getting a lot of money. What is racist about that statement when it’s a known fact that the princes in Saudi Arabia are extremely wealthy as are a lot of Jewish are known to have a lot of power.. What’s wrong with saying it ? It’s all about context. I wouldn’t be offended at all if I heard anyone quote that line...

Any time you reference a stereotype attributed to one race or another you are stepping clearly out on that ledge.

Scoots
12-25-2018, 08:37 PM
You think it was staged or just forced?

I thought it just happened, but it's a fair question.

Giannis94
12-25-2018, 08:55 PM
He’s a giant tool

I agree. He also said recent NFL slave mentality stuff. What happens if we look at the nba with that same mindset. Even if the demographics of the owners are different; you can still say some choice stuff about the NBA following a similar mindset/motto because players can't freely leave teams and are required to stay with that team for 4+ RFA, no?

blahblahyoutoo
12-25-2018, 09:38 PM
to be honest, his comment about white NFL owners slave mentality is far worse.

C-ross12
12-25-2018, 09:40 PM
Are people really crying racism here? Dear lord. LeBron post song lyrics about a statistical fact that didn't disparage Jewish people at all. How dare he quote a musician's words about the success of the Jews? For those who are wondering, Jewish people on average earn more money then any other group. Here's a snippet from wiki -

Amongst Jews, in 2016, Modern Orthodox Jews had a median household income of $158,000, while Open Orthodoxy Jews had a median household income of $185,000 (compared to the American median household income of $59,000 in 2016).

Lil Rhody
12-25-2018, 09:48 PM
He did nothing wrongUnless your Dirk

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

zookman65
12-25-2018, 10:06 PM
LeBron's comments are far less abrasive and offensive than POTUS and LeBron is far better at his job.

Giannis94
12-25-2018, 10:08 PM
LeBron's comments are far less abrasive and offensive than POTUS and LeBron is far better at his job.

Lebron creates his own problems (coaches getting fired, TT extensionm other bad player qcquisitions) and messes whereever he goes. POTUS inherited a massie mess that he had to clean up.

zookman65
12-25-2018, 10:19 PM
Lebron creates his own problems (coaches getting fired, TT extensionm other bad player qcquisitions) and messes whereever he goes. POTUS inherited a massie mess that he had to clean up.

You are out of your mind. POTUS inherited 8 consecutive years of economic expansion and the lowest deficit in 8 years and summarily went out and executed a massive corporate welfare tax cut exploding the deficit, started unnecessary market rattling trade wars and is a Russian traitor. And had a bogus University. Other than that he is a great dude.

ewing
12-25-2018, 10:31 PM

This is a basketball forum. LeBron plays basketball. This is the appropriate place to call him a tool.

FlashBolt
12-25-2018, 10:33 PM

Funny you say that because no coach vouches for you.

1) Which coach has publicly shamed LeBron or hinted at him being the culprit? Brown, Lue, Spo? I mean, David Blatt had no experience in the NBA and he was hired before LeBron signed there so there was an unfair expectation for Blatt that he couldn't really excel at.

2) Don't get me wrong, the TT and J.R. Smith contracts weren't great but you're forgetting that the Cavs won the title with those same contracts. The problem is that the Warriors pulled off the greatest NBA signing in recent time and signed the 2nd best player in the NBA to add to their 73 win team. That's something no one expected and changed the landscape of the NBA.

3) Which mess did LeBron bring? I'm pretty sure he has won a championship with every franchise he has played for thus far (not counting the Lakers, yet). So your basis is pretty empty in that he creates a mess everywhere he goes.

More-Than-Most
12-25-2018, 10:36 PM
Yeah but it is not like LeBron is openly racist on purpose because this was a one time thing

I dont disagree nor do i think lebron is racist... I dont have any issues with him posting lyrics my issues are the double standard involved... Again if a premiere white player posted tupac lyrics with the N word in them it would be a travesty that would be talked about for a long *** time.... I have 2 issues... How everything now is racism and that double standard.

zookman65
12-25-2018, 10:40 PM
Merry Christmas everyone.

Scoots
12-25-2018, 10:45 PM
Are people really crying racism here? Dear lord. LeBron post song lyrics about a statistical fact that didn't disparage Jewish people at all. How dare he quote a musician's words about the success of the Jews? For those who are wondering, Jewish people on average earn more money then any other group. Here's a snippet from wiki -

Amongst Jews, in 2016, Modern Orthodox Jews had a median household income of $158,000, while Open Orthodoxy Jews had a median household income of $185,000 (compared to the American median household income of $59,000 in 2016).

So if black people commit crimes far above the rate of white people it's okay to say "I be gettin' them black people discounts"?

Or is the stereo type maybe more complex than just their race or beliefs?

Scoots
12-25-2018, 10:48 PM

True, but Potus is a racist and we all pretty much know it.

zookman65
12-25-2018, 10:48 PM
So if black people commit crimes far above the rate of white people it's okay to say "I be gettin' them black people discounts"?

Or is the stereo type maybe more complex than just their race or beliefs?

Ya but they dont if you normalize for socio-economic status. Poor white people without fathers have similar crime rates just like black kids in upper middle class professional homes do just as well as their white brothers.

FlashBolt
12-25-2018, 11:04 PM
Ya but they dont if you normalize for socio-economic status. Poor white people without fathers have similar crime rates just like black kids in upper middle class professional homes do just as well as their white brothers.

If blacks commit 40% of the crime and whites commit 30% of the crime, it is factually correct to state that blacks are more likely to commit a crime than whites. You can break it down further to economic and social reasons but trying to shield it and be politically correct doesn't do any favors.

mngopher35
12-25-2018, 11:34 PM
Lol this whole thing is pretty incredible to me. We have an athlete tweeting musical lyrics and people are making a huge deal and we even see the potus mentioned as if it is some sort of genuine comparison...

Yes that guy who had called for ban of an entire religion, questioned if a judge could do their job based on their nationality etc. etc. etc. including calls for violence towards others. The president of the united states of america is doing far far far more damaging/ridiculous things and people who support him (op mentioned, multiple earlier posts) actually wanna fake outrage over an athlete tweeting lyrics from a song he likes? Sorry but Potus and his insanity is not comparable to an athlete who tweeted something then apologized when he realized how offensive it was.

Lebron shouldn't have tweeted this but man are the posts in here just further proof of how insane some of this country has gone due to Trumpism.

FlashBolt
12-25-2018, 11:37 PM
Lol this whole thing is pretty incredible to me. We have an athlete tweeting musical lyrics and people are making a huge deal and we even see the potus mentioned as if it is some sort of genuine comparison...

Yes that guy who had called for ban of an entire religion, questioned if a judge could do their job based on their nationality etc. etc. etc. including calls for violence towards others. The president of the united states of america is doing far far far more damaging/ridiculous things and people who support him (op mentioned, multiple earlier posts) actually wanna fake outrage over an athlete tweeting lyrics from a song he likes? Sorry but Potus and his insanity is not comparable to an athlete who tweeted something then apologized when he realized how offensive it was.

Lebron shouldn't have tweeted this but man are the posts in here just further proof of how insane some of this country has gone due to Trumpism.

The media is clamoring for any news regarding LeBron because he generates views. No one is more happier about LeBron posting the lyrics than the media. Congrats to them. They're spreading false news about someone who has done more for the community (involving all races, ages, etc.,) than they will ever contribute. Quite sad.

Brewersfan255
12-25-2018, 11:39 PM

This.

It’s also stupid comment to make considering he’s getting paid millions to play a game (I wish I was a “slave” and got millions of dollars)

Brewersfan255
12-25-2018, 11:42 PM
The media is clamoring for any news regarding LeBron because he generates views. No one is more happier about LeBron posting the lyrics than the media. Congrats to them. They're spreading false news about someone who has done more for the community (involving all races, ages, etc.,) than they will ever contribute. Quite sad.

I mean this is a person who just said “white” nfl owners have slave mentality. That’s racist and not even correct.

mngopher35
12-25-2018, 11:47 PM

Media is and always has been there to make money. Do we get mad at fast food places for making us fat? Do we get mad at video games/TV for wasting our time instead of moving around and being active?

At some point it is on the individual to decide what is right/wrong for them. It just sucks how many people are basically insane to the point they just believe anything in the media they read (often times Breitbart type stuff). It has gone so far that again people and sites like Breitbart actually defend the Potus type stuff while having outrage a black athlete shared musical lyrics on his twitter that could be offensive. Crazy man

Brewersfan255
12-25-2018, 11:50 PM
Media is and always has been there to make money. Do we get mad at fast food places for making us fat? Do we get mad at video games/TV for wasting our time instead of moving around and being active?

At some point it is on the individual to decide what is right/wrong for them. It just sucks how many people are basically insane to the point they just believe anything in the media they read (often times Breitbart type stuff). It has gone so far that again people and sites like Breitbart actually defend the Potus type stuff while having outrage a black athlete shared musical lyrics on his twitter that could be offensive. Crazy man

To be fair there’s been a severe push in schools to get away from “junk” food because how dare a kid eat a cheeseburger for lunch or drink a soda!

zookman65
12-25-2018, 11:51 PM
If blacks commit 40% of the crime and whites commit 30% of the crime, it is factually correct to state that blacks are more likely to commit a crime than whites. You can break it down further to economic and social reasons but trying to shield it and be politically correct doesn't do any favors.

I am not shielding it. You are not understanding structural racism in the US. Whites are more likely to commit aggravated assault and other violent crimes than blacks. A preponderance of the large black incarceration (larger than whites) are inner city minor drug related charges. Charges that most white people actually get off fairly easily but poorly legal represented blacks are much more likely to be sentenced to incarceration especially in the the inner city. So make sure you know what kind of crime you are talking about. Who is more likely to commit white collar crime? Remember you exhibit no particular skill being born white, black or yellow. Not sure why so many of my white brothers think themselves so uniquely superior because they happened to be born white. Privileged for sure in the context of the US. I always tell my friends that if you were lucky enough to be born white and in the USA and are not super successful then shame on you as you are the luckiest person in the history of the world with regard to all the built in advantages to succeed. I much more admire a black kid from a broken home who pulls himself up by the bootstraps and goes to Harvard law school and then becomes president of the US of A. Now that's an accomplishment that almost rivals being born to a rich shyster in NYC.

mngopher35
12-26-2018, 12:03 AM
To be fair there’s been a severe push in schools to get away from “junk” food because how dare a kid eat a cheeseburger for lunch or drink a soda!

I don't get this being some sort of point? Good? Bad? They are taking their own responsibility instead of just whining about a problem with no action? Or you think this is impeding on individuals ability to make their own decisions type thing? Can they still bring their own lunch to school or only eat what is provided etc?

No matter your thoughts on this specific policy for healthier food how does it tie into media/the main point though? I truly don't see where you are going with this.

Scoots
12-26-2018, 12:26 AM

And my point was that taking one stat and drawing a conclusion is a false model.

Scoots
12-26-2018, 12:30 AM

The news hasn't "always been there to make money", on the contrary it was forced on the networks, they didn't want to cover the news at all. It wasn't until they realized (decades later) they could make money on it that it went to hell.

Scoots
12-26-2018, 12:36 AM
I am not shielding it. You are not understanding structural racism in the US. Whites are more likely to commit aggravated assault and other violent crimes than blacks. A preponderance of the large black incarceration (larger than whites) are inner city minor drug related charges. Charges that most white people actually get off fairly easily but poorly legal represented blacks are much more likely to be sentenced to incarceration especially in the the inner city. So make sure you know what kind of crime you are talking about. Who is more likely to commit white collar crime? Remember you exhibit no particular skill being born white, black or yellow. Not sure why so many of my white brothers think themselves so uniquely superior because they happened to be born white. Privileged for sure in the context of the US. I always tell my friends that if you were lucky enough to be born white and in the USA and are not super successful then shame on you as you are the luckiest person in the history of the world with regard to all the built in advantages to succeed. I much more admire a black kid from a broken home who pulls himself up by the bootstraps and goes to Harvard law school and then becomes president of the US of A. Now that's an accomplishment that almost rivals being born to a rich shyster in NYC.

This seems to be a wild run out on a tangent for a speech. Do you have a point on the original post I wrote in response to C-ross12 saying that it's okay to saw what LeBron said (quoted) because Jewish people ARE rich?

And from a quick google:

Overall, black Americans are arrested at 2.6 times the per-capita rate of all other Americans, and this ratio is even higher for murder (6.3 times) and robbery (8.1 times).

So, my response to c-ross' assertion of 1 stat making it okay, is it also okay to use that one stat about black people to draw conclusions and make racially based declarations.

I KNOW it's never that simple, and I was trying to illustrate that to c-ross. I have no idea at all what part of that you are trying to refute or support.

CityofTreez
12-26-2018, 12:48 AM

Yeah not LeBron’s first rodeo down the rabbit hole.

Jamiecballer
12-26-2018, 12:59 AM
Lebron creates his own problems (coaches getting fired, TT extensionm other bad player qcquisitions) and messes whereever he goes. POTUS inherited a massie mess that he had to clean up.Oh dear

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

mngopher35
12-26-2018, 01:01 AM
The news hasn't "always been there to make money", on the contrary it was forced on the networks, they didn't want to cover the news at all. It wasn't until they realized (decades later) they could make money on it that it went to hell.

I wonder if that is part of the problem then lol, it has in my adult lifetime so I just expect it. Older people might be far more easily influenced if that isn't their experience I guess. Mid 90's and especially 2000's on that has been the case at least.

Either way it doesn't really matter when it started just that it is the reality of today and it appears a large amount of people are unaware of that.

zookman65
12-26-2018, 01:22 AM
This seems to be a wild run out on a tangent for a speech. Do you have a point on the original post I wrote in response to C-ross12 saying that it's okay to saw what LeBron said (quoted) because Jewish people ARE rich?

And from a quick google:

So, my response to c-ross' assertion of 1 stat making it okay, is it also okay to use that one stat about black people to draw conclusions and make racially based declarations.

I KNOW it's never that simple, and I was trying to illustrate that to c-ross. I have no idea at all what part of that you are trying to refute or support.

I am trying to say that I think LeBron is a good guy and probably didnt mean anything overtly racist by either of his comments. In relation to his NFL commentary that was more around the generally adversarial and subservient relationship that NFL owners have with their players vs the much more partnership oriented relationship with NBA owners from the standpoint of guaranteed contracts, NBA support of players expression, lack of NBA owners who have the Jerry Jones "all players will stand" mentality etc. My support for LeBron being a good guy is:
- Very good family guy. Unlike many in his position he is a one girl guy from HS with a very strong family life. He is not out clubbing etc.
- Does a hell of a lot for the community in which he was raised - Akron/Cleveland area
- Has started charities that will give back in perpetuity.
- Sets a good example for youth from the inner city and goes back and speaks to them often

So to sum it up I suppose I am a LeBron apologist from the standpoint I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt that he is likely the best or second best player of all time but definitely a better human than the other guy at the top of the all time list.

Saddletramp
12-26-2018, 05:14 AM

What’s funny is, Michelle Obama made it her initiative to offer better lunches for the kids in schools and guess what Trump did with that program after he got elected?

More-Than-Most
12-26-2018, 05:37 AM
What’s funny is, Michelle Obama made it her initiative to offer better lunches for the kids in schools and guess what Trump did with that program after he got elected?

Um kept the program but gave kids wait for it... FLAVORED MILK lol... THE HORROR... How dare he give kids colored/flavored milk.... I am surprised they didnt say something about that

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/school-lunch-program-cancelled/

Chronz
12-26-2018, 05:46 AM

In order to ban a religion, why not ban the place where they mostly reside. There was no such religious ban

FlashBolt
12-26-2018, 06:02 AM

So... fake news?

Saddletramp
12-26-2018, 07:27 AM
So... fake news?

He had it altered, Flash. More salt/less whole grains. So no, not fake news.

ewing
12-26-2018, 07:35 AM

Pack your kids lunch. Jesus you are just like LeBron- always pointing fingers

More-Than-Most
12-26-2018, 07:38 AM

so flavor? everything in moderation no need to eat cardboard.... what about the part where kids were throwing away the lunches? so basically now they get 0 nutrients just because of a tiny bit of salt

lakerfan85
12-26-2018, 10:02 AM
Yeah, those school lunches are ****ing nasty.. Most kids don’t even eat it. It is better to give them food that they will eat because a lot of kids do not get to eat good food at home as well..

Scoots
12-26-2018, 10:31 AM
I wonder if that is part of the problem then lol, it has in my adult lifetime so I just expect it. Older people might be far more easily influenced if that isn't their experience I guess. Mid 90's and especially 2000's on that has been the case at least.

Either way it doesn't really matter when it started just that it is the reality of today and it appears a large amount of people are unaware of that.

I think it's more a matter of confirmation bias being taken advantage of rather than anything else. If someone reads two stories that oppose each other they will tend to believe the one that they already sort of agreed with, and it just shifts them a tiny bit that way. People don't even realize they are being shifted, and that is true of EVERYONE, including you.

Scoots
12-26-2018, 10:33 AM
I am trying to say that I think LeBron is a good guy and probably didnt mean anything overtly racist by either of his comments. In relation to his NFL commentary that was more around the generally adversarial and subservient relationship that NFL owners have with their players vs the much more partnership oriented relationship with NBA owners from the standpoint of guaranteed contracts, NBA support of players expression, lack of NBA owners who have the Jerry Jones "all players will stand" mentality etc. My support for LeBron being a good guy is:
- Very good family guy. Unlike many in his position he is a one girl guy from HS with a very strong family life. He is not out clubbing etc.
- Does a hell of a lot for the community in which he was raised - Akron/Cleveland area
- Sets a good example for youth from the inner city and goes back and speaks to them often

So to sum it up I suppose I am a LeBron apologist from the standpoint I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt that he is likely the best or second best player of all time but definitely a better human than the other guy at the top of the all time list.

Okay fine ... so why did you reply to me since I didn't try to make a point about any of that?

ewing
12-26-2018, 10:46 AM

He treats his closest peers (teammates) like trash, he strong arms his employers despite them paying him millions and continually bending over backwards for him, he generally blames others when he doesn't reach his goals. If you want to see what kind of person someone is look at how he treats those he works with and those closest to him. We don't have a window into LeBron's personal life but we do have one into his professional life and he is an *******.

basch152
12-26-2018, 11:27 AM

yes, and it's mostly trump supporters

TheDish87
12-26-2018, 11:54 AM
its only a problem if you tweet it as teen who doesnt know any better. i have more of an issue with his NFL comments though.

MarcCrawford
12-26-2018, 12:23 PM

I agree with you but think it should be the opposite way.

Lebron shouldn’t be lambasted for this and middle class white people shouldnt be blamed for every single problem going on in the world dating back to the 1800’s.

People like to find stuff to complain about. Really weird.

Chronz
12-26-2018, 12:24 PM
He treats his closest peers (teammates) like trash, he strong arms his employers despite them paying him millions and continually bending over backwards for him, he generally blames others when he doesn't reach his goals. If you want to see what kind of person someone is look at how he treats those he works with and those closest to him. We don't have a window into LeBron's personal life but we do have one into his professional life and he is an *******.

Remember when nobody picked up after themselves in the locker room and bron scolded his teammates?

Chronz
12-26-2018, 12:25 PM
I agree with you but think it should be the opposite way.

Lebron shouldn’t be lambasted for this and middle class white people shouldnt be blamed for every single problem going on in the world dating back to the 1800’s.

People like to find stuff to complain about. Really weird.
You guys even know who owned the slaves and who sold them and whos still selling them today

MarcCrawford
12-26-2018, 12:27 PM
yes, and it's mostly trump supporters

I wonder where you “learned” this. Couldn’t be a biased news station could it?! Lol.

Black people are essentially living with no rules right now. Can say whatever they want, and when you call them out, you’re the racist.

MarcCrawford
12-26-2018, 12:29 PM
You guys even know who owned the slaves and who sold them and whos still selling them today

Just to clarify...

You mean the white farmers being murdered in South Africa? Or do you mean the African slaves still being sold by Muslims?

ewing
12-26-2018, 12:35 PM
Remember when nobody picked up after themselves in the locker room and bron scolded his teammates?

he's a bad person

GREATNESS ONE
12-26-2018, 12:47 PM
Lebron > Trump

GREATNESS ONE
12-26-2018, 12:47 PM
he's a bad person

Na

mngopher35
12-26-2018, 02:10 PM
In order to ban a religion, why not ban the place where they mostly reside. There was no such religious ban

He wanted to stop all muslims coming in according to his initial plan/during his run but he "had to make it legal" so ya it never fully came to fruition as a full ban to all muslims in the end.

I just said he called for it though which he had done, called for complete halt of muslims entering the US.

mngopher35
12-26-2018, 02:14 PM
I think it's more a matter of confirmation bias being taken advantage of rather than anything else. If someone reads two stories that oppose each other they will tend to believe the one that they already sort of agreed with, and it just shifts them a tiny bit that way. People don't even realize they are being shifted, and that is true of EVERYONE, including you.

Oh ya but the issue is some people appear to have gone to really extreme lengths in this aspect today. Not sure completely why but overly trusting bad media seems to be an issue. I posted about it a bit in the politics section already and studies of the media people follow etc. and the influences it may be having towards extremism.

Everyone has some bias for sure but there is a huge difference between having some bias and not believing in stats/data/science etc. because you read/heard this thing on the internet/fox news/cnn that agrees with your bias.

Chronz
12-26-2018, 02:52 PM
he's a bad person
The maid liked him after that one

Chronz
12-26-2018, 02:53 PM
He wanted to stop all muslims coming in according to his initial plan/during his run but he "had to make it legal" so ya it never fully came to fruition as a full ban to all muslims in the end.

I just said he called for it though which he had done, called for complete halt of muslims entering the US.
Bruh he didn't even ban the place where they all reside. What's your source

mngopher35
12-26-2018, 03:02 PM
Bruh he didn't even ban the place where they all reside. What's your source

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/12/07/donald-trump-calls-for-total-and-complete-shutdown-of-muslims-entering-the-united-states/?utm_term=.99fb57788a76

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/trumpometer/promise/1401/establish-ban-muslims-entering-us/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/04/24/travel-ban-donald-trump-campaign-promises-president-tweets/542504002/

https://www.npr.org/2015/12/07/458836388/trump-calls-for-total-and-complete-shutdown-of-muslims-entering-u-s

Seriously like google it lol? Not sure if you follow politics at all or not but this shouldn't be surprising at all from Trump.

COOLbeans
12-26-2018, 03:05 PM

Saying the N word isn’t anywhere close to saying Jewish money. Gtfoh with that.

Jewish money is a complaiment, especially since he’s referring to a specific subset of people who are called, Jewish, not to any race or even class of people.

If he were to have posted getting that n***a money would that even be taken as a positive? People are way to sensitive today. Who gives a ****!

COOLbeans
12-26-2018, 03:09 PM
Any time you reference a stereotype attributed to one race or another you are stepping clearly out on that ledge.

Jewish isn’t a race dude. Those that identify as such are mainly fron Eastern Europe, Russia and the old holy Roman Empirie. The true Jews are scattered among the nations who also include those who identify as Jewish.

Judaism is a religion and there’s nothing wrong with saying get that Jewish money just like there’s be nothing wrong with saying get that Christian money.

Chronz
12-26-2018, 03:12 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/12/07/donald-trump-calls-for-total-and-complete-shutdown-of-muslims-entering-the-united-states/?utm_term=.99fb57788a76

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/trumpometer/promise/1401/establish-ban-muslims-entering-us/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/04/24/travel-ban-donald-trump-campaign-promises-president-tweets/542504002/

https://www.npr.org/2015/12/07/458836388/trump-calls-for-total-and-complete-shutdown-of-muslims-entering-u-s

Seriously like google it lol? Not sure if you follow politics at all or not but this shouldn't be surprising at all from Trump.

Google it. Lmfaoo, have you not been keeping up with the platform?

I'll see what's surprising but in my experience it's usually just bs word twisting. I'll see if any of the articles substantiate your claims.

COOLbeans
12-26-2018, 03:12 PM

You identifying him as African American (something we all do) is indicative of the racist society in which we all live. It’s a shame that we don’t even know where Lebron’s family members originate from and he can’t trace his lineage to an “old country” like the rest of us.

The racism is classifying all people that look similar to him as “African American” instead of identifying them with who they truly are. PM me if you want to know

Chronz
12-26-2018, 03:14 PM
Jewish isn’t a race dude. Those that identify as such are mainly fron Eastern Europe, Russia and the old holy Roman Empirie. The true Jews are scattered among the nations who also include those who identify as Jewish.

I don't have many jew friends but the few I do are on opposite ends when it comes to this . What sealed it for you?

I disagree with your interpretation of true jews btw

Chronz
12-26-2018, 03:15 PM
You identifying him as African American (something we all do) is indicative of the racist society in which we all live. It’s a shame that we don’t even know where Lebron’s family members originate from and he can’t trace his lineage to an “old country” like the rest of us.

The racism is classifying all people that look similar to him as “African American” instead of identifying them with who they truly are. PM me if you want to know

A true jew? Maybe?

COOLbeans
12-26-2018, 03:19 PM
I don't have many jew friends but the few I do are on opposite ends when it comes to this . What sealed it for you?

What do you disagree with?

The Hebrew prophecies are clear. The Jews will be and are scattered among the nations. This means they’ve been integrated into different empires of people.

Jews are European, Asian African, Latino and everything in between. This is a fact!

COOLbeans
12-26-2018, 03:21 PM

People who identify as Jewish are apart of the “white race,” they are mainly from Eastern Europe, Germany/Prussia and Russia. This is a fact, I’m not sure what you’re disagreeing with? Jewish isn’t a race, since the Hebrew people are mixed and integrated into all nations and not just Russia, Eastern Europe and Prussia

ewing
12-26-2018, 03:27 PM

Judaism is a religion and there’s nothing wrong with saying get that Jewish money just like there’s be nothing wrong with saying get that Christian money.

Racist

TrueFan420

I don’t have the time or want nor is this the place to really to get into the first comment. It’s extensive and as Chronz says later down here widely debated amongst Jewish people.

As to the second point... Where the wrong comes from is Jews have been persecuted really throughout their existence and one of the propaganda’s used to alienate people about them was their “wealth.” It’s continuing a stereotype rooted in a history of blood and persecution. It’s not remotely close to the same.

As for Bron, I don’t think he meant anything by his comments but he shouldn’t have posted the lyrics.

ewing

What he can’t afford 23 and me?

COOLbeans
12-26-2018, 03:32 PM
**** it I’m not wasting my time responding to non sense

TrueFan420
12-26-2018, 03:34 PM
People who identify as Jewish are apart of the “white race,” they are mainly from Eastern Europe, Germany/Prussia and Russia. This is a fact, I’m not sure what you’re disagreeing with? Jewish isn’t a race, since the Hebrew people are mixed and integrated into all nations and not just Russia, Eastern Europe and Prussia
There is only one race and it’s the human race. How people use the terms race is really about cultural identity or ethnicity and people’s incessant need to categorize.

COOLbeans
12-26-2018, 03:34 PM
Racist

What do you disagree with by your blatant ignorance of a comment?

mngopher35
12-26-2018, 03:35 PM
Google it. Lmfaoo, have you not been keeping up with the platform?

I'll see what's surprising but in my experience it's usually just bs word twisting. I'll see if any of the articles substantiate your claims.

Donald Trump made a drastic call on Monday for "a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on."

from npr but like every article says the same thing

smith&wesson
12-26-2018, 03:35 PM
I don’t have the time or want nor is this the place to really to get into the first comment. It’s extensive and as Chronz says later down here widely debated amongst Jewish people.

As to the second point... Where the wrong comes from is Jews have been persecuted really throughout their existence and one of the propaganda’s used to alienate people about them was their “wealth.” It’s continuing a stereotype rooted in a history of blood and persecution. It’s not remotely close to the same.

As for Bron, I don’t think he meant anything by his comments but he shouldn’t have posted the lyrics.

He’s right though being Jewish doesn’t describe a race. It’s a religion. For example Amara Staudamire is Jewish. That doesn’t describe his ethnicity or nationality. Seems pretty simple yet so many people can’t distinguish the difference

COOLbeans
12-26-2018, 03:36 PM
There is only one race and it’s the human race. How people use the terms race is really about cultural identity or ethnicity and people’s incessant need to categorize.

I agree with this, hence why I used quotes. Again, people who are from Europe are “categorized” as something. On the census people who are Jewish do not categorize as Jewish because their nation doesn’t give them the option.

It’s the same for “black people,” LeBron has to state he’s black/African anerican because that’s how he’s classified and that’s how the society views him

Redrum187
12-26-2018, 03:37 PM
I'm seeing people (probably Liberals) in this thread bringing up Trump to downplay what LeBron has recently said (White owners are slave owners in the NFL and Jewish Money). "Well Trump is the POTUS and LeBron is just an athlete! Fake outrage! Ignore the double-standard because Trump is POTUS!"

This is about LeBron James and racism... We can take a dump on Trump in another thread if you want, but lets not deflect.

If I rape and then murder everyone's mother in this thread, but use the argument "but Adolf Hitler killed millions of people, committing mass genocide!"... am I somehow exonerated from raping and murdering your mothers? No? Then why even bring up Adolf Hitler? What relevance is it that someone is/was a bigger piece of **** than me?

LeBron owned it and apologized, I'm good with that. Stop bringing up irrelevant points and just call it like it is. Jesus Christ...

smith&wesson
12-26-2018, 03:37 PM

I think he was being sarcastic.

COOLbeans
12-26-2018, 03:38 PM
I think he was being sarcastic.

Well ok then. Lol

smith&wesson
12-26-2018, 03:42 PM
I'm seeing people (probably Liberals) in this thread bringing up Trump to downplay what LeBron has recently said (White owners are slave owners in the NFL and Jewish Money). "Well Trump is the POTUS and LeBron is just an athlete! Fake outrage! Ignore the double-standard because Trump is POTUS!"

This is about LeBron James and racism... We can take a dump on Trump in another thread if you want, but lets not deflect.

If I rape and then murder everyone's mother in this thread, but use the argument "but Adolf Hitler killed millions of people, committing mass genocide!"... am I somehow exonerated from raping and murdering your mothers? No? Then why even bring up Adolf Hitler? What relevance is it that someone is/was a bigger piece of **** than me?

LeBron owned it and apologized, I'm good with that. Stop bringing up irrelevant points and just call it like it is. Jesus Christ...

The problem is everyone’s being racist lol LeBron, Le Trump ... everyone lmao

Chronz
12-26-2018, 03:42 PM
What do you disagree with?

The Hebrew prophecies are clear. The Jews will be and are scattered among the nations. This means they’ve been integrated into different empires of people.

Jews are European, Asian African, Latino and everything in between. This is a fact!

Still early in my research but any thoughts on the Hebrew Israelites who do not accept ashkenazi jews as true Jews? Hebrew prophecies? Im assuming it's something newer than the book of remembrance

Chronz
12-26-2018, 03:44 PM
What makes you feel it's a fact. As ive stated, I've seen both sides of the argument and haven't come to a conclusion yet. Pretty sure there was a recent revelation on this, I'll check the archives.

Really don't consider them white people regardless

smith&wesson
12-26-2018, 03:48 PM
You guys are so confused. It’s a religion for god sakes. Even in the bible it describes some Jews as black people. Anyone can be Jewish or Christian or Muslim ...

I think what you’re trying to find out is where Israelis derive from ? That would be my best guess.

Redrum187
12-26-2018, 03:50 PM
The problem is everyone’s being racist lol LeBron, Le Trump ... everyone lmao

Agreed. The overuse of the word "racist" only desensitizes society to ACTUAL racism.

When I was a kid and learned what a gynecologist was, I use to want to be one when I got older. Then I got to thinking one day... if I was around all sorts of vaginas (pretty ones, ugly ones, infected ones etc...) I would eventually lose the appeal I have for it, or at the very least, not have the same passion for it I once did. The same principle applies here... One political group calls the opposing political group racists every time they say something (even if it is ignorant) and now when I hear on the news someone said something racist, I sadly don't even care. I should care... but my brain tells me it probably wasn't even meant in a racist way even before hearing the entire story and so I start tuning it out.

Chronz
12-26-2018, 03:50 PM
You guys are so confused. It’s a religion for god sakes. Even in the bible it describes some Jews as black people. Anyone can be Jewish or Christian or Muslim ...

I think what you’re trying to find out is where Israelis derive from ? That would be my best guess.
There's debate about scripture too

COOLbeans
12-26-2018, 03:59 PM
Still early in my research but any thoughts on the Hebrew Israelites who do not accept ashkenazi jews as true Jews? Hebrew prophecies? Im assuming it's something newer than the book of remembrance

The Hebrew prophecies are includdd in the OT Bible and in what we call the Apocrypha. The Hebrew Israelites have insight, however I think their mistrust of Europeans has skewed their understanding of the Bible/prophecies and so they fail to see that Hebrews are scattered amongst all people and not just Latinos, Native Americans and African Americans

COOLbeans
12-26-2018, 04:03 PM
What makes you feel it's a fact. As ive stated, I've seen both sides of the argument and haven't come to a conclusion yet. Pretty sure there was a recent revelation on this, I'll check the archives.

Really don't consider them white people regardless

Those who identify as Jewish have ethnic roots from Russia, Prussia and Eastern Europe. Ask any of the older generations where their ancestors come from and they will state it as such.

Hebrews are a Semitic people that originate from the City State, Ur (Modern Iraq), and other places in the surrounding are including Egypt. It’s a fact because the history of the Hebrew/Israelite people have them mixing and traveling as tribes throughout the Middle East. They did not stay together and many times they took wives of other people and even integrated into other nations.

See the Bible- Paul was an Israelite and a Roman. There were many others who just identified as Roman (it was the ‘smart’ thing to do)

GREATNESS ONE
12-26-2018, 04:03 PM
Agreed. The overuse of the word "racist" only desensitizes society to ACTUAL racism.

When I was a kid and learned what a gynecologist was, I use to want to be one when I got older. Then I got to thinking one day... if I was around all sorts of vaginas (pretty ones, ugly ones, infected ones etc...) I would eventually lose the appeal I have for it, or at the very least, not have the same passion for it I once did. The same principle applies here... One political group calls the opposing political group racists every time they say something (even if it is ignorant) and now when I hear on the news someone said something racist, I sadly don't even care. I should care... but my brain tells me it probably wasn't even meant in a racist way even before hearing the entire story and so I start tuning it out.

Are you a penis doctor instead? Aka Urologist :p

smith&wesson
12-26-2018, 04:05 PM
There's debate about scripture too

Yeah but you guys are clearly debating Israeli people and not Jewish people ... clearly... right ?

Point is when we believe that a group of people have to be a certain religion that’s when we allow extremism to devide... Like the “holy war” the whole concept of a holy war relies on people actually thinking that you are a certain religion if you were born within certain man made borders and that is ludacris.

I know White Muslims and Arabic Christians. I know Persian Jews. Black Jews etc. You can go to Mecca and virtually see every colour of the rainbow there praying together. Who’s to say where any of these ppl were born what their heritage is or what their ethnicity is based on their faith.

It’s something that has been embedded in us to stereotype. That’s why someone like LeBron can tweet something that stupid and not even realize it lol

ewing
12-26-2018, 04:06 PM

Don’t call me blatant

smith&wesson
12-26-2018, 04:09 PM
Don’t call me blatant

leave the guy alone he thinks you’re being serious lol

Redrum187
12-26-2018, 04:09 PM

We could RP if you want. ;)

COOLbeans
12-26-2018, 04:11 PM
Yeah but you guys are clearly debating Israeli people and not Jewish people ... clearly... right ?

Point is when you start believe that a group of people have to be a certain religion that’s when we allow extremism to devide... Like the “holy war” the whole concept of a holy war relies on people actually thinking that you are a certain religion if you were born within certain man made borders and that is ludacris.

I know White Muslims and Arabic Christians. I know Persian Jews. Black Jews etc. You can go to Mecca and virtually see every colour of the rainbow there praying together. Who’s to say where any of these ppl were born what their heritage is or what their ethnicity is based on their faith. It’s something that has been embedded in us to stereotype. That’s why someone like LeBron can tweet something that stupid and not even realize it lol

That’s correct. I’m debating the etymology of the Hebrew people, which is the Middle East, Africa and West Asia. Those who are of the Hebrew bloodline are now classified as many “races” of people; black, white, Latino and so on.

People who mainly say they are Jewish are European ancestry. In America they’re classified as “white, and my point is they aren’t the only ones who’s lineage derives from ancient Israel

COOLbeans
12-26-2018, 04:13 PM
leave the guy alone he thinks you’re being serious lol

Everything I’ve written in this thread is a joke. I don’t believe any of this **** ;)

Chronz
12-26-2018, 04:14 PM
Those who identify as Jewish have ethnic roots from Russia, Prussia and Eastern Europe. Ask any of the older generations where their ancestors come from and they will state it as such.

Hebrews are a Semitic people that originate from the City State, Ur (Modern Iraq), and other places in the surrounding are including Egypt. It’s a fact because the history of the Hebrew/Israelite people have them mixing and traveling as tribes throughout the Middle East. They did not stay together and many times they took wives of other people and even integrated into other nations.

See the Bible- Paul was an Israelite and a Roman. There were many others who just identified as Roman (it was the ‘smart’ thing to do)
Thx for the reference material. Gotta admit i'm in over my head when it comes to antiquity. Its been on the back burner given I'm still trying to find out our true historical dates.

Chronz
12-26-2018, 04:17 PM

Point is when we believe that a group of people have to be a certain religion that’s when we allow extremism to devide... Like the “holy war” the whole concept of a holy war relies on people actually thinking that you are a certain religion if you were born within certain man made borders and that is ludacris.

I know White Muslims and Arabic Christians. I know Persian Jews. Black Jews etc. You can go to Mecca and virtually see every colour of the rainbow there praying together. Who’s to say where any of these ppl were born what their heritage is or what their ethnicity is based on their faith.

It’s something that has been embedded in us to stereotype. That’s why someone like LeBron can tweet something that stupid and not even realize it lol

I honestly don't know, just throwing out talking points my much more informed friends have tried to instill in me. I have a friend whos half Jewish (her words) whos been trying to marry into this Jewish family but its been a long process and she's beginning to feel she will never be accepted, and apparently it's not that uncommon. She's thinking of coming back to the states.

COOLbeans
12-26-2018, 04:18 PM
Thx for the reference material. Gotta admit i'm in over my head when it comes to antiquity. Its been on the back burner given I'm still trying to find out our true historical dates.

Check out the Book, From Babylon to Timbuktu, it’s a good read.

SfgiantsJD3
12-26-2018, 05:00 PM

Urologist's see both men an women and are more than "penis" doctors.

smith&wesson
12-26-2018, 05:09 PM
I honestly don't know, just throwing out talking points my much more informed friends have tried to instill in me. I have a friend whos half Jewish (her words) whos been trying to marry into this Jewish family but its been a long process and she's beginning to feel she will never be accepted, and apparently it's not that uncommon. She's thinking of coming back to the states.

Not to be insensitive to your friend but again you can’t really be half Jewish. That’s the equivalent of saying I’m half Christian. If she is marrying a man of whom comes from a religious family they likely want her to convert.

Her saying Im half Jewish I’m certain means “I’m of a mixed ethnicity” with one of her parents obviously being a practicing Jew and of a different ethnicity from the other parent.

So if my father is from Iran and is Muslim, but my mother is white and from the states I might say something like “I’m half Muslim” which would be completely false.

Ethnicity, and heritage is not a choice it’s something you’re born in to. Religion is a faith of which you chose and practice. You can chose any one you prefer and that is the main difference a lot of us don’t grasp when talking race vs religion.

Scoots
12-26-2018, 05:14 PM

I understand what you are saying, but Jewish people call themselves a race so I'm not going to argue with them about it.

Scoots
12-26-2018, 05:15 PM

Current location has nothing to do with race.

Chronz
12-26-2018, 05:18 PM
Not to be insensitive to your friend but again you can’t really be half Jewish. That’s the equivalent of saying I’m half Christian. If she is marrying a man of whom comes from a religious family they likely want her to convert.

Her saying Im half Jewish I’m certain means “I’m of a mixed ethnicity” with one of her parents obviously being a practicing Jew and of a different ethnicity from the other parent.

So if my father is from Iran and is Muslim, but my mother is white and from the states I might say something like “I’m half Muslim” which would be completely false.

Ethnicity, and heritage is not a choice it’s something you’re born in to. Religion is a faith of which you chose and practice. You can chose any one you prefer and that is the main difference a lot of us don’t grasp when talking race vs religion.

I understand your pov, it's one I shared a few years ago. Then I got to talking to the Jewish community. As it turned out for me, there's quite abit of debate on that front. I know you guys think of christianity similarly but there is talk of genetic markers but beyond that, a truly unique origin story. Im not saying I buy it, just that i'm open to learning. It's truly riveting stuff. If anyone ever wondered how I went from being a posting phenom to now what appears to be trollish behavior, it has entirely to do with having my atheistic pov flipped on itself. There's alot of mystery to this realm but all anyone seems to want to talk about are things they allegedly know

IKnowHoops
12-26-2018, 05:38 PM
Here’s my take on the Lebron comment.

Lebron is a smart guy that still has a lot to learn. He’s worked very hard to gain knowledge and be smarter but he’s still a guy who was missing a lot of school coming up do to his situation.

This was just a situation where a guy didn’t understand what he was saying do to not knowing his history.

I really think he thought he was “upping” the Jewish community and there ability to stack chips and create wealth. He had no idea that it could be taken negatively. Like if someone said I’m making that “Bron” money. He’d like that, he wouldn’t think it was bad at all.

Just a situation where a good dude put his ignorance on display a bit and now he knows. Reminds me of my young days, when I used to call Asians Orientals. And my white home girl said no, you don’t say that, you say Asians. I’ve never said Orientals again. Sometimes you really just don’t know. And there isn’t anything wrong with that as long as you make the change as soon as you are made aware.

What I can’t stand are the people that refuse to pronounce “Jose” like “Hoe-zae” and instead pronounce it like “Joe-zee” because they say “this is how it’s pronounced in America”. To me that is a racist mofo.

smith&wesson
12-26-2018, 05:45 PM
I understand your pov, it's one I shared a few years ago. Then I got to talking to the Jewish community. As it turned out for me, there's quite abit of debate on that front. I know you guys think of christianity similarly but there is talk of genetic markers but beyond that, a truly unique origin story. Im not saying I buy it, just that i'm open to learning. It's truly riveting stuff. If anyone ever wondered how I went from being a posting phenom to now what appears to be trollish behavior, it has entirely to do with having my atheistic pov flipped on itself. There's alot of mystery to this realm but all anyone seems to want to talk about are things they allegedly know

Fair enough I was more speaking on the conflicts and arguments that derive from ignorance or simply not knowing the difference.

I was born in Iran and am a Christian when I tell people that they’re like “oh your from Iran how come you’re not Muslim” it’s almost a preconceived notion that if your born somewhere that you’re born in to a religion which is strange to me. If I was born in Texas xx amount of years ago I’d be Mexican. And if you’re born in Texas today you’re American. Borders move, countries change. Israel/ Palestine is an example of that but there is so much controversy behind that, that it’s not something I’m personally invested in knowing more about. But that debate has been going on for ages and it’s a big part of the discussion.

IKnowHoops
12-26-2018, 05:45 PM
I wonder where you “learned” this. Couldn’t be a biased news station could it?! Lol.

Black people are essentially living with no rules right now. Can say whatever they want, and when you call them out, you’re the racist.

Damn, tell that to Travon

IKnowHoops
12-26-2018, 05:48 PM

You get stopped by a Cop, if your black, you have a much lower survival rate and you can get away with a lot less than if your white. I just saw a white guy slapp up a male and female cop and then take off with there police car and he lived. A black dude would of had the clip unloaded on his back.

By know rules, you mean more leniency than what you’d like.

smith&wesson
12-26-2018, 05:48 PM
Here’s my take on the Lebron comment.

Lebron is a smart guy that still has a lot to learn. He’s worked very hard to gain knowledge and be smarter but he’s still a guy who was missing a lot of school coming up do to his situation.

This was just a situation where a guy didn’t understand what he was saying do to not knowing his history.

I really think he thought he was “upping” the Jewish community and there ability to stack chips and create wealth. He had no idea that it could be taken negatively. Like if someone said I’m making that “Bron” money. He’d like that, he wouldn’t think it was bad at all.

Just a situation where a good dude put his ignorance on display a bit and now he knows. Reminds me of my young days, when I used to call Asians Orientals. And my white home girl said no, you don’t say that, you say Asians. I’ve never said Orientals again. Sometimes you really just don’t know. And there isn’t anything wrong with that as long as you make the change as soon as you are made aware.

What I can’t stand are the people that refuse to pronounce “Jose” like “Hoe-zae” and instead pronounce it like “Joe-zee” because they say “this is how it’s pronounced in America”. To me that is a racist mofo.

I don’t think LeBron is that smart. Quoting rap lyrics on twitter at his age doesn’t exactly scream intelligent. I’m not saying he’s dumb either. Just saying I don’t classify many of these athletes as “intellectual” considering a high school education is the most they’ve achieved. Some are educated but LeBron is not one of them.

IKnowHoops
12-26-2018, 05:51 PM
I don’t think LeBron is that smart. Quoting rap lyrics on twitter at his age doesn’t exactly scream intelligent. I’m not saying he’s dumb either. Just saying I don’t classify many of these athletes as “intellectual” considering a high school education is the most they’ve achieved. Some are educated but LeBron is not one of them.

I can’t disagree with any of this. He is trying though.

GREATNESS ONE
12-26-2018, 05:54 PM
Urologist's see both men an women and are more than "penis" doctors.

I know buddy, my good friend Storch is a Urologist, I’m just trolling with RR but thank you for the enlightenment.

smith&wesson
12-26-2018, 05:55 PM
I can’t disagree with any of this. He is trying though.

I think he’s just being a big kid like anyone of us do sometimes, but maybe he forgets that he’s under such a big microscope

ewing
12-26-2018, 06:01 PM
I think he’s just being a big kid like anyone of us do sometimes, but maybe he forgets that he’s under such a big microscope

I think you were right the first time. He’s just dumb

COOLbeans
12-26-2018, 07:47 PM

I understand your point scoots. Though ancestry and location does matter. What defines race then? I know you don’t believe it’s skin color scoots, so what is it?

Why is LeBron considered African American if it’s not assumed that his ancestors arrived from Africa to America?

How can one define race if it’s a made up construct anyways?

COOLbeans
12-26-2018, 07:52 PM
I understand what you are saying, but Jewish people call themselves a race so I'm not going to argue with them about it.

I’ve never heard of that from an academic or legal context. Which Jewish people are you referring? The ones from Europe or the Jews scattered among the nations? Curious

COOLbeans
12-26-2018, 07:57 PM

To clarify: I didn’t say current location.

Race is indicated by where your ancestors are from and what their current physical appearance is. Since it’s a scientific (and religious) fact that all people arrived from the same origin, there truly is only one race.

How we define race is where your ancestors went and how they looked after they migrated from the original source.

IKnowHoops
12-26-2018, 08:05 PM
I think you were right the first time. He’s just dumb

Uneducated, not dumb...

ewing
12-26-2018, 08:17 PM
Uneducated, not dumb...

Both

Chronz
12-26-2018, 08:55 PM
Fair enough I was more speaking on the conflicts and arguments that derive from ignorance or simply not knowing the difference.

I was born in Iran and am a Christian when I tell people that they’re like “oh your from Iran how come you’re not Muslim” it’s almost a preconceived notion that if your born somewhere that you’re born in to a religion which is strange to me. If I was born in Texas xx amount of years ago I’d be Mexican. And if you’re born in Texas today you’re American. Borders move, countries change. Israel/ Palestine is an example of that but there is so much controversy behind that, that it’s not something I’m personally invested in knowing more about. But that debate has been going on for ages and it’s a big part of the discussion.
Well with me its abit of a mixed bag. Ive been tugged by 2 distinctive elements, without disrespecting the other, I have chosen this state of ignorance. Believe me, given a few months time, I will disrespect one of you.

I was raised worse than Christian, I was raised catholic so I understand your plight from a different pov. The reason you felt a level of profiling is precisely due to the general locale of those you most resemble. Humans are adept at identifying and quantifying trends. You suggest as much with your Texas comparison. That's the point. My point is only that there is a growing number of people who identify as theist non religious. You don't need the church to know there is a creator and that humanity wasn't full of **** when they spoke of historical/ biblical events.

Chronz
12-26-2018, 09:01 PM

You get stopped by a Cop, if your black, you have a much lower survival rate and you can get away with a lot less than if your white. I just saw a white guy slapp up a male and female cop and then take off with there police car and he lived. A black dude would of had the clip unloaded on his back.

By know rules, you mean more leniency than what you’d like.

Not buying it. Crime Stats don't support you. Give me reason to believe

Scoots
12-26-2018, 09:13 PM
I understand your point scoots. Though ancestry and location does matter. What defines race then? I know you don’t believe it’s skin color scoots, so what is it?

Why is LeBron considered African American if it’s not assumed that his ancestors arrived from Africa to America?

How can one define race if it’s a made up construct anyways?

Race is made up of culture, history, language, and yes, physical traits.

Scoots
12-26-2018, 09:14 PM
To clarify: I didn’t say current location.

Race is indicated by where your ancestors are from and what their current physical appearance is. Since it’s a scientific (and religious) fact that all people arrived from the same origin, there truly is only one race.

How we define race is where your ancestors went and how they looked after they migrated from the original source.

There is one species, race is a subdivision.

IKnowHoops
12-26-2018, 09:35 PM
Both

He’s smarter than you at many things, so you must also be dumb

IKnowHoops
12-26-2018, 09:39 PM
Not buying it. Crime Stats don't support you. Give me reason to believe

Show me a video of a white guy getting beat like Rodney King. Plenty of drugged up white guys get arrested and have to be wrestled down. Yet they get wrestled down. They don’t get the living s—- kicked out of them or choked to death.

ewing
12-26-2018, 10:01 PM
He’s smarter than you at many things, so you must also be dumb

No he’s a dumb ****

IKnowHoops
12-26-2018, 10:11 PM
No he’s a dumb ****

Then so are you

ewing
12-26-2018, 10:28 PM
Then so are you

just him

spliff(TONE)
12-26-2018, 10:32 PM
nvm

spliff(TONE)
12-26-2018, 10:39 PM
Um kept the program but gave kids wait for it... FLAVORED MILK lol... THE HORROR... How dare he give kids colored/flavored milk.... I am surprised they didnt say something about that

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/school-lunch-program-cancelled/Lulz

COOLbeans
12-26-2018, 10:42 PM
There is one species, race is a subdivision.

I’ll but it. It’s a category. Your definition fits in line with my assertion

Giannis94
12-27-2018, 12:01 PM
smfh. People in here ripping current POTUS. But we all know that Obama got people to like him be being a good salesperson and then glided by for 8 years without doing much relative to what Trump is having to clean up. Sure. I want trump to get ogf twitter. And once you get past what the left coast media blasts/propogandazises- you'll see he's done more for the country in his first 2 years than obama did in 8.

Also, for those people calling trump a racist- why do you give Obama a free pass on race-related issues? Obama was supposedly about minorities- and yet the crime rates in inncer cities as well as other metrics didn't get better under him. They got progressively worst.

FlashBolt
12-27-2018, 12:10 PM
No president will solve all problems. Obama was a good president. Trump, well, outside of the social disturbances he has caused, he hasn't been terrible. But Trump has been dishonest about the entire process. He proclaimed that the debt was too much. Yet, he's piling on to it. He stated that it would be easy to get things done through negotiation. Lots of what he wanted has not been done. People try to equate Obama's success with the economy but debt skyrocketed and interest rates were artifically low to boost the economy through QE. Obama really didn't have any reason NOT to have the economy boom with how much money was being used. It was a credit card shopping spree and I dare anyone to say it wasn't.

Chronz
12-27-2018, 01:26 PM
Show me a video of a white guy getting beat like Rodney King. Plenty of drugged up white guys get arrested and have to be wrestled down. Yet they get wrestled down. They don’t get the living s—- kicked out of them or choked to death.

I can show you one of some youngster ******** his pants, crying and trying to listen to the commands only for the cop to shoot him dead. You say plenty but that ignores stats, that show how often they actually get gunned down

Chronz
12-27-2018, 01:29 PM
No president will solve all problems. Obama was a good president. Trump, well, outside of the social disturbances he has caused, he hasn't been terrible. But Trump has been dishonest about the entire process. He proclaimed that the debt was too much. Yet, he's piling on to it. He stated that it would be easy to get things done through negotiation. Lots of what he wanted has not been done. People try to equate Obama's success with the economy but debt skyrocketed and interest rates were artifically low to boost the economy through QE. Obama really didn't have any reason NOT to have the economy boom with how much money was being used. It was a credit card shopping spree and I dare anyone to say it wasn't.
How you gon praise Obama and critique trump for the national debt? Do you even remember what Obama ran on, dude rose our debt more than anyone could ever dare and few called him out for not holding true to his word on that

Chronz
12-27-2018, 01:33 PM
smfh. People in here ripping current POTUS. But we all know that Obama got people to like him be being a good salesperson and then glided by for 8 years without doing much relative to what Trump is having to clean up. Sure. I want trump to get ogf twitter. And once you get past what the left coast media blasts/propogandazises- you'll see he's done more for the country in his first 2 years than obama did in 8.

Also, for those people calling trump a racist- why do you give Obama a free pass on race-related issues? Obama was supposedly about minorities- and yet the crime rates in inncer cities as well as other metrics didn't get better under him. They got progressively worst.

Trump recently passed something to help those in prison despite the dems not helping

Chronz
12-27-2018, 01:34 PM
Seems like we've been getting very political lately

FlashBolt
12-27-2018, 01:45 PM
How you gon praise Obama and critique trump for the national debt? Do you even remember what Obama ran on, dude rose our debt more than anyone could ever dare and few called him out for not holding true to his word on that

One doesn't go along with the other. Economists agreed that debt had to increase in order to speed up the recovery. That's not even a debate. Obama did a great job at getting us out of that recession. 8 years later, we were better off. That's a simple fact. Now, let's get on with Trump. He ran a campaign criticizing spending, the debt adding up, and promises that he hasn't been able to guarantee despite it being "easy" in his own words. He's also a Republican. Since when did Republicans want to run up the bill? You know why Trump is running up the bill, right? Because more spending = better economy in the short term. It's only a matter of time before a president in the future has to deal with all this mess because Trump hasn't been doing that. We're still in a deficit year after year. On another point, Trump also stated that the stock market and housing market is in a "bubble" due to the interest rates being low. Interest rates were low because of monetary policy used to spur the economy. The economy is doing great right now which is why the Fed is pushing for increase rates. It's funny Trump would criticize the rates for being low to help Obama's presidency but is now against it when he's the president. Sorry to break the news to you but I'm not going to say Obama is a bad president for doing what he had to do in trying to push the economy forward. I may not agree with his foreign affair policies and social agenda in terms of race and gender but for the economy, he was great.

FlashBolt
12-27-2018, 01:47 PM
Trump recently passed something to help those in prison despite the dems not helping

There was a lot of bipartisan support for the bill.. "dems not helping" is a bit misleading. Some didn't help but the majority clearly did.

mngopher35
12-27-2018, 03:29 PM
There was a lot of bipartisan support for the bill.. "dems not helping" is a bit misleading. Some didn't help but the majority clearly did.

Ya assuming he actually means the recent bipartisan prison bill I think every single democrat in the senate voted for it lol. He might just not be up to date on American politics given his recent posts.

valade16
12-27-2018, 03:37 PM

What are you talking about? Are you talking about this bill?

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/18/criminal-justice-reform-bill-vote-1068268

Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), Senate Democratic Whip Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) and Lee led the effort.

The bill, which passed 87-12, brought together many unlikely allies, including a group backed by the conservative Koch network, the American Civil Liberties Union, the White House and senators from both sides of the aisle.

All 49 Democrats voted in favor of the bill, and 12 Republicans voted against it. Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) was absent.

Are you talking about some other prison reform bill?

Scoots
12-27-2018, 03:41 PM
One doesn't go along with the other. Economists agreed that debt had to increase in order to speed up the recovery. That's not even a debate. Obama did a great job at getting us out of that recession. 8 years later, we were better off. That's a simple fact. Now, let's get on with Trump. He ran a campaign criticizing spending, the debt adding up, and promises that he hasn't been able to guarantee despite it being "easy" in his own words. He's also a Republican. Since when did Republicans want to run up the bill? You know why Trump is running up the bill, right? Because more spending = better economy in the short term. It's only a matter of time before a president in the future has to deal with all this mess because Trump hasn't been doing that. We're still in a deficit year after year. On another point, Trump also stated that the stock market and housing market is in a "bubble" due to the interest rates being low. Interest rates were low because of monetary policy used to spur the economy. The economy is doing great right now which is why the Fed is pushing for increase rates. It's funny Trump would criticize the rates for being low to help Obama's presidency but is now against it when he's the president. Sorry to break the news to you but I'm not going to say Obama is a bad president for doing what he had to do in trying to push the economy forward. I may not agree with his foreign affair policies and social agenda in terms of race and gender but for the economy, he was great.

There is nothing "simple" about the economy. Declaring one thing "a simple fact" really ends your argument for me.

IKnowHoops
12-27-2018, 07:00 PM
I can show you one of some youngster ******** his pants, crying and trying to listen to the commands only for the cop to shoot him dead. You say plenty but that ignores stats, that show how often they actually get gunned down

Show me the video. Put it up. Numbers of people getting gunned down doesn’t tell us who actually deserved it. If someone pulls a gun on a cop, they deserve to get shot. But we can see plenty of videos of black 12 year old girls getting there ——- kicked by white cops.

Here are some numbers for you then

Let’s say 20% of cops are racist.

And let’s say there are 20 white cops for every one black cop.

Well wtf you think is going to happen?
Common sense. Majority wins

GREATNESS ONE
12-27-2018, 07:12 PM
Racism is 100% more acceptable now more than ever... thanks Trump!

Scoots
12-27-2018, 10:40 PM

Do you have a link that supports that?

GREATNESS ONE
12-27-2018, 10:44 PM
Do you have a link that supports that?

Yes, I’m an American who was born by Latino parents.... I can carry this on and on but I was just jabbing in because it’s the truth... doesn’t mean I hate anyone just understand where the world is today and absolutely love my history so can see the bigger picture more than most.

FlashBolt
12-28-2018, 12:21 AM
There is nothing "simple" about the economy. Declaring one thing "a simple fact" really ends your argument for me.

Well, you're arguing with economics then, not me. It is a simple fact that you have to spend money to spur the economy when it is at the bottom down. It's literally basic common sense if you're into how it works.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-28-2018, 05:22 AM
Well, you're arguing with economics then, not me. It is a simple fact that you have to spend money to spur the economy when it is at the bottom down. It's literally basic common sense if you're into how it works.

As long as you do it properly. Keynes vs Hayek both suggest spend but have 2 completely different outcomes and strategies.

Scoots
12-28-2018, 10:16 PM
Yes, I’m an American who was born by Latino parents.... I can carry this on and on but I was just jabbing in because it’s the truth... doesn’t mean I hate anyone just understand where the world is today and absolutely love my history so can see the bigger picture more than most.

I'm an American who was born by Latino parents. I think racism is FAR FAR less acceptable than essentially all of history, and I think I have a fairly good view of the big picture. Ask a black person who lived in the southern colonies about the acceptance of racism when it was considered "science" then.

Scoots
12-28-2018, 10:16 PM
As long as you do it properly. Keynes vs Hayek both suggest spend but have 2 completely different outcomes and strategies.

Shh ... didn't you hear? It's simple!

Heediot
12-29-2018, 11:06 AM
Privately it seems you can joke around about more things then ever in history about race and other stuff and not be crucified by your friends and peers. On social media or in the public eye you can get fired just by complementing/looking/touching a woman the wrong way.

I am asian and use the n word a lot, yeah a few don't like it by 80 percent plus of the black people I roll with/around don't give a funk. People know I am not being racist when I use it, so it's a matter of perspective too.

Scoots
12-29-2018, 12:12 PM
Privately it seems you can joke around about more things then ever in history about race and other stuff and not be crucified by your friends and peers. On social media or in the public eye you can get fired just by complementing/looking/touching a woman the wrong way.

I am asian and use the n word a lot, yeah a few don't like it by 80 percent plus of the black people I roll with/around don't give a funk. People know I am not being racist when I use it, so it's a matter of perspective too.

When you say "ever in history" ... do you realize how bad things were? I know it's fiction, but maybe you've seen it ... Tarantino's Django Unchained is actually based on historical behaviors. In the south at it's worst if you were a black man and said anything to a white woman you stood a reasonable chance of being killed and nobody would even care.

Look at comedy specials from the 70s and 80s and you'll see a MUCH rougher approach to race than we have today.

Heediot
12-29-2018, 12:16 PM
When you say "ever in history" ... do you realize how bad things were? I know it's fiction, but maybe you've seen it ... Tarantino's Django Unchained is actually based on historical behaviors. In the south at it's worst if you were a black man and said anything to a white woman you stood a reasonable chance of being killed and nobody would even care.

Look at comedy specials from the 70s and 80s and you'll see a MUCH rougher approach to race than we have today.

I'm just saying in private between inter-racial friends, it's become more liberal then ever IMO.

For sure, your right that nothing pales in comparison to the past about race issues.

Women are getting more empowered now with all these harassment cases (fair or not), just putting that out there. In the next quarter decade more lgtbq will become more empowered.

GREATNESS ONE
12-29-2018, 11:27 PM
I'm an American who was born by Latino parents. I think racism is FAR FAR less acceptable than essentially all of history, and I think I have a fairly good view of the big picture. Ask a black person who lived in the southern colonies about the acceptance of racism when it was considered "science" then.

Absolutely love history. But 100% racism is very much acceptable now more than ever.

Chronz
12-30-2018, 11:17 AM

The economy is doing great due in large parts to current potus bringing back jobs old potus said would never come back. As for the economist, they have been predicting doom and gloom for awhile now, long before we ever got our new prez. Seen the markets dip pretty heavily of late, we'll see where this goes. And if only Obama didn't run on an acceptable lie huh.

Chronz
12-30-2018, 11:18 AM

Im talking about a few months back when they were split on whether to pass it through or hold out for more.

Chronz
12-30-2018, 11:20 AM
Ya assuming he actually means the recent bipartisan prison bill I think every single democrat in the senate voted for it lol. He might just not be up to date on American politics given his recent posts.

That's cute how you think because a bill passes that it did so with no struggle leading up to it.

Chronz
12-30-2018, 11:26 AM
Show me the video. Put it up. Numbers of people getting gunned down doesn’t tell us who actually deserved it. If someone pulls a gun on a cop, they deserve to get shot. But we can see plenty of videos of black 12 year old girls getting there ——- kicked by white cops.

Here are some numbers for you then

Let’s say 20% of cops are racist.

And let’s say there are 20 white cops for every one black cop.

Well wtf you think is going to happen?
Common sense. Majority wins

https://youtu.be/7Ooa7wOKHhg

Your common sense doesn't add up, majority of crimes committed by a statistically relevant grouping, especially with regards to violent crime, yet its the other side that gets shot at about the same?

As for your hypothetical, I wish I could get my hands on data state by state, I would wonder how easy it would be for a group of racists to take over certain precincts. I just don't know enough about hate groups to profile it.

Chronz
12-30-2018, 11:27 AM
You can thank bumbama for that

Chronz
12-30-2018, 11:29 AM
I'm just saying in private between inter-racial friends, it's become more liberal then ever IMO.

For sure, your right that nothing pales in comparison to the past about race issues.

Women are getting more empowered now with all these harassment cases (fair or not), just putting that out there. In the next quarter decade more lgtbq will become more empowered.

They'll add more letters, I just hope we don't empower harmful groups

Chronz
12-30-2018, 11:32 AM
Absolutely love history. But 100% racism is very much acceptable now more than ever.
Must be all those white kids buying rap and all those black kids lusting over white women

Chronz
12-30-2018, 11:43 AM
What are you talking about? Are you talking about this bill?

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/18/criminal-justice-reform-bill-vote-1068268

Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), Senate Democratic Whip Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) and Lee led the effort.

The bill, which passed 87-12, brought together many unlikely allies, including a group backed by the conservative Koch network, the American Civil Liberties Union, the White House and senators from both sides of the aisle.

All 49 Democrats voted in favor of the bill, and 12 Republicans voted against it. Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) was absent.

Are you talking about some other prison reform bill?

I was gonna bring up one more aspect but it may be too conspiratorial for anyone who believes the system works out in the open

IKnowHoops
12-30-2018, 12:47 PM
https://youtu.be/7Ooa7wOKHhg

Your common sense doesn't add up, majority of crimes committed by a statistically relevant grouping, especially with regards to violent crime, yet its the other side that gets shot at about the same?

As for your hypothetical, I wish I could get my hands on data state by state, I would wonder how easy it would be for a group of racists to take over certain precincts. I just don't know enough about hate groups to profile it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOemQG8M7g4&feature=share

Poor example my brotha

Why are you going to reach back like that?

Scoots
12-30-2018, 01:29 PM

Even between friends things are more careful now than in the past. There were NO restrictions in the past, not people know where the line is ... they may cross it, but in the past there was no line to cross.

Scoots
12-30-2018, 01:30 PM

So very no.

mngopher35
12-30-2018, 01:49 PM
That's cute how you think because a bill passes that it did so with no struggle leading up to it.

Just because there is a "struggle" with a bill as they negotiate what all goes/stays into it doesn't mean it has NO support or help. When a bill passes with 100% of democratic senator support they are helping pass the bill. This bill had bi partisan support. Trump did call for a ban on an entire religion entering the country (still haven't gotten back to me on that happening).

You just seem pretty ignorant when it comes to Trump/American politics tbh. I just hope you don't fall into that extreme right wing that has taken over a large chunk of the population where it seems like stats/data/facts no longer matter. You are better than that

GREATNESS ONE
12-30-2018, 02:51 PM
So very no.

So very Yes.

Chronz
12-30-2018, 03:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOemQG8M7g4&feature=share

Poor example my brotha

Why are you going to reach back like that?

I'll hyu

Chronz
12-30-2018, 03:44 PM
Just because there is a "struggle" with a bill as they negotiate what all goes/stays into it doesn't mean it has NO support or help. When a bill passes with 100% of democratic senator support they are helping pass the bill. This bill had bi partisan support. Trump did call for a ban on an entire religion entering the country (still haven't gotten back to me on that happening).

You just seem pretty ignorant when it comes to Trump/American politics tbh. I just hope you don't fall into that extreme right wing that has taken over a large chunk of the population where it seems like stats/data/facts no longer matter. You are better than that

You must prove what you believe. Prey tell, what large differences have come as a result of the stall that we'rent already subjective.

Idgaf what you define as ignorant, I'll be here once you have facts or stats. Which btw, I don't see where you have a point about a ban that has truly helped our country. Have you been to France lately, I used to laugh at trump supporters until the stats began backing him, you prolly don't even know what the yellow vest revolution is about because your idea of research is googling lmfao

Chronz
12-30-2018, 05:36 PM
Regardless of which side of the spectrum you fall under, I can't take anyone serious unless you heard of fake news LONG before trump

Scoots
12-30-2018, 08:11 PM
So very Yes.

I'm going to assume you are not actually serious.

Scoots
12-30-2018, 08:12 PM
Regardless of which side of the spectrum you fall under, I can't take anyone serious unless you heard of fake news LONG before trump

If nothing else W.R. Hearst made it standard behavior and most people knew it then, not that he created it either.

mngopher35
12-30-2018, 09:47 PM
You must prove what you believe. Prey tell, what large differences have come as a result of the stall that we'rent already subjective.

Idgaf what you define as ignorant, I'll be here once you have facts or stats. Which btw, I don't see where you have a point about a ban that has truly helped our country. Have you been to France lately, I used to laugh at trump supporters until the stats began backing him, you prolly don't even know what the yellow vest revolution is about because your idea of research is googling lmfao

That's a two way street and only one of us has sourced their info and actually had substance. Valade sourced the other point but I can find some on that too if you want.

Lol again I am the only one who has facts on their side. Trump did call for a ban on muslims entering even if that wasn't the law he enacted it was a stance to get people riled up during campaign season (I will assume you know how that works). I sourced that with a ton of different places already with no response.

Democrats did vote for the recent bipartisan crime bill. That is some level of help/support unlike the no help you claimed. They wanted/voted for the bill to pass. Valade sourced this one but if you truly want I can help with more just ask. These are just true things that I have pointed out because you seemed ignorant of them. I have backed one and can back another though but you are the one bringing nothing to the table here.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/18/us/politics/senate-criminal-justice-bill.html
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/dec/18/first-step-act-criminal-justice-reform-passes-senate
(heres a couple)

I have no idea where you are going with this and maybe you should hop into the politics section if you believe all of this to be true and start backing it up? How is that relevant and pretty sure google would have results anyways lol. Google was a suggestion since using a simple search engine would likely help you figure out things you appeared not to know. I would like to see you back up that there was no help in the recent bill or that Trump didn't call for what he did while campaigning, that is far more interesting than deflecting with tangents... Or just admit there were some things you weren't aware of and move on, either works for me

GREATNESS ONE
12-30-2018, 09:47 PM
I'm going to assume you are not actually serious.

you know what happens when you assume!?