PDA

View Full Version : Mavs gauging trade market for Dennis Smith JR

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-25-2018, 09:00 AM

Hustla23
12-25-2018, 11:29 AM
I wonder if they're looking to win now and acquire meaningful talent or try to flip him for a future pick.

Tg11
12-25-2018, 12:09 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Mavs try to make a run at Kevin Love

Raps08-09 Champ
12-25-2018, 01:24 PM
Nah they should keep him. He can be a good 3rd option beside Doncic in a few years.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-25-2018, 01:24 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Mavs try to make a run at Kevin Love

They will need another white big man soon.

lakers squad
12-25-2018, 03:19 PM
Zublocka and a 1st! 😆

Tg11
12-25-2018, 04:59 PM
Or they can always send him to the Bulls or Nets

Scoots
12-25-2018, 05:04 PM
DSJ hasn't been mixing well with Doncic, They are looking for young talent or draft assets most likely. They won't get good value in return is my guess.

Tg11
12-25-2018, 05:26 PM
Or what other teams would DSJ fit in on

TakeYourL
12-25-2018, 06:56 PM
DSJ hasn't been mixing well with Doncic, They are looking for young talent or draft assets most likely. They won't get good value in return is my guess.

I dont think dsj mixes well with anyone tbh.

zookman65
12-25-2018, 11:01 PM
I dont think dsj mixes well with anyone tbh.

Agree. He doesnt shoot all that well, pass all that well or make others better around him. He does dunk extremely well though. I dont even see him being a 3rd option on a future championship caliber team. This team will look drastically different 3 years from now about the time when Doncic becomes a clear MVP caliber player and Atlanta is saying Trae who?

Heediot
12-26-2018, 07:42 AM
Mavs have crazy cap already, but he could be a guy you can throw in to open up more cap room if they want to rid of Barnes or Powell's deal.

Tg11
12-26-2018, 07:45 AM
If Mavs get rid of DSJ, Powell and Barnes that is enough cap to go after max guys and try to compete for a title again

Mr.B
12-26-2018, 04:15 PM
If Mavs get rid of DSJ, Powell and Barnes that is enough cap to go after max guys and try to compete for a title again

Even if they hold on to Barnes and Powell for the final year of their deals they will still have Matthews and Deandre coming off the books this off season. They will have enough room for 2 max players over the next two seasons. Keep in mind that Barea and Devin Harris are also coming off the books.

Are there two max players in the NBA (that will be UFA the next two off seasons) that will be willing to come to Dallas for max money and the chance to play with Luka Doncic? If so, who?

Redrum187
12-26-2018, 04:17 PM
DSJ + Powell + Barnes for Khris Middleton + Malcolm Brogdon

Mr.B
12-26-2018, 04:24 PM

Dennis’ defense has gotten a lot better this year. He’s shown that he open to coaching. Considering he’s only 20 years old he still has a lot of promise. So what teams could use a promising young PG and have assets to give? Would the Pacers be willing to give up Turner for DSJ and Wes’ expiring contract? That would give the Pacers a young PG to mix with Oladipo and Bogdanovic AND free up a lot of cap space.

buckalis
12-26-2018, 04:48 PM
Dennis’ defense has gotten a lot better this year. He’s shown that he open to coaching. Considering he’s only 20 years old he still has a lot of promise. So what teams could use a promising young PG and have assets to give? Would the Pacers be willing to give up Turner for DSJ and Wes’ expiring contract? That would give the Pacers a young PG to mix with Oladipo and Bogdanovic AND free up a lot of cap space.

Orlando would surely be interested, but don't expect them to give back any young assets or picks... The Bucks could also be interested if it would be for Pat Connaughton, as they are full of SGs to the extend that can't rotate them all... The Bucks would perhaps be even more interested if next to a Smith for Connaughton swap, there would be a swap of 2-ways... e.g. Jaylen Morris for Kostas Antetotokounmpo included... for obvious reasons!

Mr.B
12-26-2018, 08:35 PM
Orlando would surely be interested, but don't expect them to give back any young assets or picks... The Bucks could also be interested if it would be for Pat Connaughton, as they are full of SGs to the extend that can't rotate them all... The Bucks would perhaps be even more interested if next to a Smith for Connaughton swap, there would be a swap of 2-ways... e.g. Jaylen Morris for Kostas Antetotokounmpo included... for obvious reasons!

Yea I don’t see any of that happening. Especially Irving with Orlando if they’re not willing to give up young players or picks. The Mavs would likely just hold on to Dennis.

I also do not see Kostas going anywhere. He’s actually flashed some real promising skills in the G-League. Also he and Luka (and possibly a max player they obtain this off season in free agency) will be the main recruiters to bring Giannis to Dallas.

Chronz
12-26-2018, 08:43 PM

What does mixing with a rookie even look like

Redrum187
12-26-2018, 10:23 PM

Of course the Bucks would be interested in turning ******* into diamond. I'd rather the Mavericks dump DSJ for Pat Sajak or Vanna White than Pat Connaughton.

If Bucks don't offer Malcolm for DSJ, there is no point. Brogdon is better right now, but I think DSJ has the tools to be a better overall player in the future. (I do have a man-crush on Brogdon though.)

Redrum187
12-26-2018, 10:26 PM
Dennis has been injured but surprisingly increased his defense and is shooting better than he did last season. He is taking a back seat on ballhandling duties which is to be expect as Luka is alpha on the Mavericks. It's best to wait on DSJ and increase his value. I think Brogdon and DSJ makes a lot of sense for both teams. It would help Dallas out more now, but in a year or two, people will think Dallas was nuts to give up DSJ for Brogdon.

Mr.B
12-27-2018, 01:03 AM
Dennis has been injured but surprisingly increased his defense and is shooting better than he did last season. He is taking a back seat on ballhandling duties which is to be expect as Luka is alpha on the Mavericks. It's best to wait on DSJ and increase his value. I think Brogdon and DSJ makes a lot of sense for both teams. It would help Dallas out more now, but in a year or two, people will think Dallas was nuts to give up DSJ for Brogdon.

It’s pretty funny to be talking about the Mavs considering trading a PG. history has not been good to them whenever they have traded or let their starting PG go. Two became HOF PG’s (Kidd, and Nash) and the other helped the Knicks get to the ECF (Harper). With that history teams should be jumping at the chance to trade for DSJ. Kidding, not kidding.

TakeYourL
12-27-2018, 05:43 AM
Agree. He doesnt shoot all that well, pass all that well or make others better around him. He does dunk extremely well though. I dont even see him being a 3rd option on a future championship caliber team. This team will look drastically different 3 years from now about the time when Doncic becomes a clear MVP caliber player and Atlanta is saying Trae who?

Dsj is a the new outcast type player of the NBA.

Tons of talent and ability but has to have the ball to be effective. And teams know they can't win with the ball in his hands so they have no use for him.

Mudiay is kind of the same type, talent and ability is there, but neither are good enough at anything to let them hold the ball.

buckalis
12-27-2018, 09:16 AM
Of course the Bucks would be interested in turning ******* into diamond. I'd rather the Mavericks dump DSJ for Pat Sajak or Vanna White than Pat Connaughton.

If Bucks don't offer Malcolm for DSJ, there is no point. Brogdon is better right now, but I think DSJ has the tools to be a better overall player in the future. (I do have a man-crush on Brogdon though.)

What future buddy? The Bucks are in a "win now" mode... all they look at the moment is how they can improve for the playoffs... and then, there are some "extremely smart" posters here, that propose laughable deals for two starters out of the Bucks roster, that put 35+ points on the board and collect 10 rebounds combined per night for.... DSJ and a 32 years old guard that is one step before retirement and wouldn't see a minute on the floor if he was ever in the Bucks roster... (neither DSJ would this season).

It's nothing wrong with you dreaming... as long as it is just a dream (and stays there)... No reason for you to annoy the Bucks fans with nonesense posted here... If the Bucks where after to include Middleton or Brogdon in a deal, it would be for a top-5 player of AD or Harden's caliper if available and then the Bucks would be favorites to get him... The Bucks refused Middleton for Kwahi and for Butler... remember? and you expect them to give him (and Brogdon!!!) for... DSJ and ...Matthews?

Go shake your can elsewhere, will you? Trade able players for the Bucks exist only in their 3rd roster, where the future talent is...

SenileStern
12-27-2018, 10:49 AM
I found it weird how a few weeks ago Beverley knocked out DSJ's tooth and then grabbed him by the neck and DSJ didn't even react to it. How well-behaved can someone be to not be provoked by that, especially since Beverley's elbow was completely unnecessary? Is he always like this?