12-25-2018, 02:27 AM
Bucks
OKC
Boston
GSW
Utah

buckalis
12-25-2018, 05:15 AM
Bucks, Thunder, Celtics, Warriors, Blazers.

Lakers + Giants
12-25-2018, 06:26 AM
Knicks
Rockets
Celtics
Warriors
Jazz

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-25-2018, 09:44 AM

kdspurman
12-25-2018, 11:26 AM
Bucks
Thunder
Celtics
Lakers
Jazz

zn23
12-25-2018, 01:21 PM
A lot of bricks by the Knicks thus far.

More-Than-Most
12-25-2018, 01:48 PM

the king bricked a first dunk on his first shot attempt. Feels bad.

Tg11
12-25-2018, 04:35 PM
1-0 so far...hoping the Thunder win this game

More-Than-Most
12-25-2018, 05:28 PM
i feel like the lakers are gonna surprise the warriors tonight. Lonzo will have a big game but lebron will have a 40 point triple/double.

Tg11
12-25-2018, 06:25 PM
1-1 on my picks now

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-25-2018, 06:31 PM
What is going on with Westbrook's FT shooting?

most of his career he has been over .800

Tg11
12-25-2018, 06:33 PM
What is going on with Westbrook's FT shooting?

most of his career he has been over .800

I don't know if it is injuries or

ZH721
12-25-2018, 06:42 PM
Horford flinching at that complete brick of a FT from Simmons lmaooo.

PAOboston
12-25-2018, 07:00 PM
Kyrie is obliterating the 76ers right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STRIKERC
12-25-2018, 07:05 PM
We are about to give Kyrie his career night. No doubt about that.

Brett Brown coached defense. Doesn't disappoint.

PAOboston
12-25-2018, 07:22 PM
Tatum doing just a great job covering Butler. Butler had not shot well so far when covered by Tatum

PAOboston
12-25-2018, 07:26 PM
Reddick is the real MVP on the 76ers

mightybosstone
12-25-2018, 07:28 PM
Pretty big first game for Rivers against the Thunder today. I said it in the Rockets forum, but I honestly think the Paul injury could end up being a blessing in disguise. It'll give him some time to get healthy before the run leading up to the playoffs. And it forced them to go out and add another potential quality rotational player in Rivers. His defense on Westbrook was killer, and those two big 3-pointers down the stretch won the game for them.

PAOboston
12-25-2018, 07:31 PM
Embiid looks like a real player vs the Cs when he isnít covered by Baynes

More-Than-Most
12-25-2018, 07:36 PM
I love it.. Sixer fans love to say how hard I am on Brown... Riddle me this... JJ Reddick is one of the worst defenders in basketball per statistics... When Guarding the other player has shot 51 percent against him this year...... We have him on kyrie irving. Kyrie irving has lit us up all first half and not once did we switch or double... Not ****ing once did we double him or force him to give up the ball while the other teams coach is doubling our best player every chance he touches the ball.... How many times do we need to watch a player light us up before we force the ball out of their hands... It only took 4 minutes remaining in the 4th for us to finally adjust and double Dimwiddie a few games ago...Yet I am hard on Brown when its insanity watching him have JJ ****ing reddick on Kyrie irving while adjusting with no help.

More-Than-Most
12-25-2018, 07:38 PM
Embiid looks like a real player vs the Cs when he isnít covered by Baynes

nope it has 0 to do with that. He is finally being used right and it only took him and brown a season plus to realize he isnt a 3 point shooter and he can dominate inside if he stops with the finese ****... No worries though its working all first half so we will 100 percent use him to screen come the 3rd and shoot 3s while the celtics expand the lead to 15 plus... basically the same old same old stupid basketball.

More-Than-Most
12-25-2018, 07:40 PM
Reddick is the real MVP on the 76ers

until you realize he is giving up more points than he scores... Its like defense is a thing and basketball is a 2 way sport.

Vee-Rex
12-25-2018, 07:40 PM
I love it.. Sixer fans love to say how hard I am on Brown... Riddle me this... JJ Reddick is one of the worst defenders in basketball per statistics... When Guarding the other player has shot 51 percent against him this year...... We have him on kyrie irving. Kyrie irving has lit us up all first half and not once did we switch or double... Not ****ing once did we double him or force him to give up the ball while the other teams coach is doubling our best player every chance he touches the ball.... How many times do we need to watch a player light us up before we force the ball out of their hands... It only took 4 minutes remaining in the 4th for us to finally adjust and double Dimwiddie a few games ago...Yet I am hard on Brown when its insanity watching him have JJ ****ing reddick on Kyrie irving while adjusting with no help.

You're being hard on Brett. Show some love.

More-Than-Most
12-25-2018, 07:41 PM

shhhh we arent allowed to say anything like this... its not browns fault reddick is covering kyrie and we arent adjusting or giving help... hes only the coach

More-Than-Most
12-25-2018, 07:42 PM

he the best coach in the world... we just need to let kyrie go for 50 and pray everyone else misses... Best game plan in the world bruh... JJ reddick on kyrie LMFAO.

STRIKERC
12-25-2018, 07:44 PM

Brown is such a good dude guys refuse to accept his flaws as a coach.
There's a problem with the way we defend period. I don't know why that is so difficult for people to get that.
4 out of 5 of our starters in this game are at least average defenders with one guy below average. We are saying he can't find a way to mask/hide that one bad defender?

ZH721
nope it has 0 to do with that. He is finally being used right and it only took him and brown a season plus to realize he isnt a 3 point shooter and he can dominate inside if he stops with the finese ****... No worries though its working all first half so we will 100 percent use him to screen come the 3rd and shoot 3s while the celtics expand the lead to 15 plus... basically the same old same old stupid basketball.

Nah itís definitely that lol. Horford and Theis arenít big enough to defend him. Heís able to back them down and get easy buckets, or hit a mid-range shot if theyíre not playing tight enough. Baynes was able to defend him better due to his size.

zn23
These are the games where Ben Simmons has to let his balls hang. He can't be the 3rd best player on the Sixers.

PAOboston

Baynes absence is pretty big. Horford canít body up Embiid defensively. Baynes makes it hard on Embiid.

But, I honestly believe Philly is doing Cs a favor by posting up Embiid. Makes them pretty predictable and easy to cover. Embiid is like a black hole when he gets the ball in the post. Holds it for like 10 seconds and rarely passes.

PAOboston
12-25-2018, 07:45 PM
These are the games where Ben Simmons has to let his balls hang. He can't be the 3rd best player on the Sixers.

But heís a coward so that wonít happen.

STRIKERC
12-25-2018, 07:46 PM

No he's not.

We have three of the best players in the conference, and Jimmy has always been an elite defender. Right now he's playing like he doesn't know how to defend with the rest of his teammates.

That is a system issue.

More-Than-Most
12-25-2018, 07:46 PM
But heís a coward so that wonít happen.

you leave bennifer alone before she brings out her big brother Ben.

PAOboston
12-25-2018, 07:48 PM
you leave bennifer alone before she brings out her big brother Ben.

He seriously needs to shoot

PAOboston
12-25-2018, 07:54 PM
The Cs infatuation with jump shots is just...so frustrating

More-Than-Most
12-25-2018, 07:57 PM
Do I know my sixers or what? We got lucky because embiid landed a 3 but where the **** has he been since the start of the 3rd? BEHIND THE 3 POINT LINE SETTING SCREENS... Dominate inside all first half so we park him behind the arc in the 3rd... COACHING ... when its working change it up until you break it. Embiid behind the 3 with ben inside the paint is oh so ideal while reddick guards Kyrie.

More-Than-Most
12-25-2018, 07:58 PM
I just want smart basketball.. win or lose just play smart. Why is this so hard?

PAOboston
12-25-2018, 08:00 PM
What a flop by Reddick lol

ewing
12-25-2018, 08:05 PM

Yeah he never has big scoring nights marquee match ups on national tv. Itís Brown

STRIKERC
12-25-2018, 08:09 PM
Yeah he never has big scoring nights marquee match ups on national tv. Itís Brown

We should by all means open the game wide open for him to rack up points because he's had marquee scoring nights on TV.
Does that make sense to you? I guess the goal is to allow Kyrie to go off since he has a history of doing that.

PAOboston
12-25-2018, 08:10 PM
Feels like the Cs should be blowing the 76ers out but they always just let them back into the game. Some really really poor shot selection this quarter for the Cs.

STRIKERC
12-25-2018, 08:13 PM
Hey look, Hubie just said the Sixers should find the miss-match down low and attack it. wow

Vee-Rex
12-25-2018, 08:14 PM
I swear Embiid is like the only grown man on the court right now. Nice dunk.

The rest of the players are just pubescent boys and teens.

ewing
12-25-2018, 08:16 PM
We should by all means open the game wide open for him to rack up points because he's had marquee scoring nights on TV.
Does that make sense to you? I guess the goal is to allow Kyrie to go off since he has a history of doing that.

Or he is just good and you canít stop him

PAOboston
12-25-2018, 08:17 PM
Pretty sure the Cs took it to the hoop on maybe 2 possessions the entire quarter. Good to see Stevens doing his usual ďletís make this as hard as possible on the teamĒ coaching.

STRIKERC
12-25-2018, 08:19 PM

You should let the Sixers know next time so they don't waste fuel to show up for the game.

More-Than-Most
12-25-2018, 08:19 PM
Its like ****ing magic... Embiid inside dominates... Why do we ever go away from it? Oh yea because ben cant shoot so when he is on the floor our genius move is to have ben inside who cant shoot/hit free throws and embiid outside who cant shoot 3s... Stop cutting against the grain and play to our strengths over over thinking it and more times than not we will win... Its called smart basketball for ****s sake.

More-Than-Most
12-25-2018, 08:20 PM

sure but putting the worst defender we have in JJ on him is also um ********.

ewing
12-25-2018, 08:21 PM
Pretty sure the Cs took it to the hoop on maybe 2 possessions the entire quarter. Good to see Stevens doing his usual ďletís make this as hard as possible on the teamĒ coaching.

I am sure he told him to not take it to the hole

PAOboston
12-25-2018, 08:22 PM
I am sure he told him to not take it to the hole

He probably did. This team is infatuated with taking jump shots. They are a soft team.

ewing
12-25-2018, 08:32 PM
He probably did. This team is infatuated with taking jump shots. They are a soft team.

Probably

ewing
12-25-2018, 08:48 PM
Tatum very hesitant down the stretch.

PAOboston
12-25-2018, 08:51 PM
There isnít a single player Iím choosing over Irving to take a crunch time shot. Dude just hits big shot after big shot.

Giannis94
12-25-2018, 08:52 PM
If Simmons was even remotely comparable to giannis, he'd be taking the last shot. But unfortunately, he's not even in the same stratosphere. That possesion backs my point up.

Merry Christmas, PSD!

bucketss
12-25-2018, 09:00 PM
my god kyrie

PAOboston
12-25-2018, 09:01 PM
KYRIE EFF YOU THREEEEE

Bostonjorge
12-25-2018, 09:03 PM
Kyrie to good in the clutch

ZH721
12-25-2018, 09:03 PM
The Kyrie haters make me laugh so much. He is an insane player. Thereís some guy going around PSD saying he barely has a positive impact on the game lmaoooooooo.

More-Than-Most
12-25-2018, 09:04 PM
The day we fire brown i will throw a ****ing parade down broad street... Not 1 ****ing time have we gone in the post to embiid in 4 minutes in overtime.... Not one ****ing time has he called a timeout to set up a play for embiid inside... Not one ****ing adjustment was made in overtime where we became a jumps shooting team and people wonder why i complain. Justify not one ****ing time going to embiid when he is 1 on 1 inside???????????????????????????????????? Justify not one timeout called to set up a play when boston is clearly taking control... Justify butler not taking the final shot in regulation when he is 2 for 2 in game winners this year... I cant ****ing wait until this *** hat of a coach is canned when we are 1 and done

ZH721
12-25-2018, 09:06 PM
Simmons throws it out of bounds because he canít shoot. :laugh2:

This 76íers team is an island of (talented) misfit toys.

More-Than-Most
12-25-2018, 09:06 PM
Where is War to explain to me why we did not go to embiid once in the post in overtime? Why brown didnt call a timeout when boston was going ham and not one player was giving it to embiid inside or set up a play for him even though he is dominating. NAAAAAAAAA lets play stupid basketball.

Tg11
12-25-2018, 09:07 PM
2-1 after 3 games on my picks

More-Than-Most

its cool though... we will just park embiid behind the 3 point line and put simmons inside so he can miss his layup and brick his free throws while taking our unstoppable monster out of the game.

STRIKERC

Pretty much.

Simmons' inability to shoot is killing us. For real!

GREATNESS ONE
12-25-2018, 09:08 PM
Good game, I look forward to seeing those two team showdown in the playoffs...

GREATNESS ONE
12-25-2018, 09:09 PM
Where is War to explain to me why we did not go to embiid once in the post in overtime? Why brown didnt call a timeout when boston was going ham and not one player was giving it to embiid inside or set up a play for him even though he is dominating. NAAAAAAAAA lets play stupid basketball.

Itís confusing why you guys donít force feed and run your offense through Embiid...

More-Than-Most
id love to understand why we use Ben as a 1 in the half court offense... its the right thing to do if you are mentally ********

STRIKERC
Good game, I look forward to seeing those two team showdown in the playoffs...

I don't know why that will excite the casual basketball fan. Sixers ain't beating Boston as long as Brett Brown is coaching the Sixers.

More-Than-Most
12-25-2018, 09:10 PM
Itís confusing why you guys donít force feed and run your offense through Embiid...

because brett is what pop would be if he was dropped on his head as a child 90 times.

Giannis94
12-25-2018, 09:12 PM
Didn't embiid just say he didn't like shooting 3's? and then he shoots one here in a big situation- unless the clock was running down? But I feel like it was 7+ seconds.

STRIKERC
12-25-2018, 09:14 PM
I've gotta believe there are coaches in this league that can coach this Sixers team to a better record than they currently have.

More-Than-Most
12-25-2018, 09:19 PM
Oh also I love how we needed defense from Bolden and he did just that last game and we follow it up with a DNP this game O.O

How we got butler who is 2 for 2 in game winners for us and is extremely clutch yet give reddick the shot to end the 4th and put the ball in bens hands in overtime with embiid not touching it once. All this talent but no game plan/adjustments and our players put in stupid situations time and time again when we play good teams but whatever lets just keep beating up on **** teams.

More-Than-Most
12-25-2018, 09:20 PM
Didn't embiid just say he didn't like shooting 3's? and then he shoots one here in a big situation- unless the clock was running down? But I feel like it was 7+ seconds.

nothing else he could do.. we were down and he was parked behind the 3 point line while his team refused to give it to him when he is 1 on 1 under the basket which the announcer called out by the way.

Giannis94
12-25-2018, 09:21 PM
Oh also I love how we needed defense from Bolden and he did just that last game and we follow it up with a DNP this game O.O

How we got butler who is 2 for 2 in game winners for us and is extremely clutch yet give reddick the shot to end the 4th and put the ball in bens hands in overtime with embiid not touching it once. All this talent but no game plan/adjustments and our players put in stupid situations time and time again when we play good teams but whatever lets just keep beating up on **** teams.

This is a big year for you guys. A lot on the line. A healthy Embiid, a Jimmy that you hope to resign, and other quality guys on not awful deals.

More-Than-Most
12-25-2018, 09:22 PM
But yo we should be happy because we are 9 games over 500 with what are suppose to be a top 5 player a top 10 player and a top 20 player all while having the easiest schedule in basketball and a laughable differential for who we have and where we are.

ewing
12-25-2018, 09:23 PM
nothing else he could do.. we were down and he was parked behind the 3 point line while his team refused to give it to him when he is 1 on 1 under the basket which the announcer called out by the way.

Stop blaming people. Kyrie owns you.

Giannis94
12-25-2018, 09:24 PM
But yo we should be happy because we are 9 games over 500 with what are suppose to be a top 5 player a top 10 player and a top 20 player all while having the easiest schedule in basketball and a laughable differential for who we have and where we are.

Can't blame it on coaching. You didn't let me say that last year. Have fun watching Giannis and the Bucks in the finals.

More-Than-Most
12-25-2018, 09:25 PM
This is a big year for you guys. A lot on the line. A healthy Embiid, a Jimmy that you hope to resign, and other quality guys on not awful deals.

We just left reddick on kyrie... kyrie was wait for it... 9 for 10 while covered by JJ before we decided to make an adjustment. Embiid literally was the best player on the court the first 4 quarters and did not get the ball in overtime in the post with a guy 5 inches smaller on him right under the basket... we let JJ take our game winner even though butler is 2 for 2 in like 15 games doing just that and decided to leave the ball in bens hands in overtime when he cant hit free throws and cant make a layup even though he is being used where embiid should be used while embiid sits behind the 3 point line.... I am suppose to just ignore all of this stupidity and just be happy we are over 500 though.

More-Than-Most
12-25-2018, 09:26 PM
Stop blaming people. Kyrie owns you.

how did he do against us in the playoffs last year? Thats right they spanked us much more easily without him... kyrie doesnt own us we just decided JJ was the ideal guy to guard him with the celtics owning us.

More-Than-Most
12-25-2018, 09:27 PM
Can't blame it on coaching. You didn't let me say that last year. Have fun watching Giannis and the Bucks in the finals.

unless he has a cheat code to completely bypass the first round he isnt making the finals fella.

More-Than-Most
12-25-2018, 09:30 PM
Youd think the lakers would also learn.... why is ball shooting.... stop shooting my god.

PAOboston
12-25-2018, 09:43 PM
Itís was nice to beat the 76ers but the Cs need to get Brown and Hayward right. They are getting nothing from their bench right now.

Itís good to have Irving on your squad though. Dude is so clutch.

Also canít wait to get Baynes back. They really lack his interior defense and elite 3 pt shooting vs the 76ers

Also, 76ers should have offered Simmons for Leonard. Itís like playing 4 vs 5 on offense in crunch time with him on the floor.

Lil Rhody
12-25-2018, 09:49 PM
Celtics should trade Kyrie

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ewing
12-25-2018, 10:04 PM
how did he do against us in the playoffs last year? Thats right they spanked us much more easily without him... kyrie doesnt own us we just decided JJ was the ideal guy to guard him with the celtics owning us.

Pay your respects

Giannis94
12-25-2018, 10:07 PM
unless he has a cheat code to completely bypass the first round he isnt making the finals fella.

lol that's funny considering we have the ultimate human cheat code. Did I say finals? I mis-spoke. Have func watching us starting in the Second roumd, then the eastern conference finals, and then the Finals- from home because yo team has first round exit written all over it.

FlashBolt
12-25-2018, 10:23 PM
Youd think the lakers would also learn.... why is ball shooting.... stop shooting my god.

You gotta realize, he's open in most of these shots. It would be stupid to tell him not to shoot because then he will lose confidence and that affects the rest of his game. As long as Ball is doing the other things (moving the ball, playing defense, and hustling), he's doing his job. The shots won't fall in but he's doing other very valuable things. It's like Kyrie. If his shot isn't falling, is he going to be able to do what Lonzo does defensively or in terms of moving the ball? Not likely. Lonzo just provides something different and it is valuable in some ways. He's done a very good job on Curry so far and not fouling.

More-Than-Most
12-25-2018, 10:38 PM
You gotta realize, he's open in most of these shots. It would be stupid to tell him not to shoot because then he will lose confidence and that affects the rest of his game. As long as Ball is doing the other things (moving the ball, playing defense, and hustling), he's doing his job. The shots won't fall in but he's doing other very valuable things. It's like Kyrie. If his shot isn't falling, is he going to be able to do what Lonzo does defensively or in terms of moving the ball? Not likely. Lonzo just provides something different and it is valuable in some ways. He's done a very good job on Curry so far and not fouling.

Agreed he is open but he should drive and dish or just drive... There is plenty of times where he has the shot and the guy goes to block it and he shoots when he could pump and drive or something. They are spanking the warriors right now because he isnt taking dumb shots and i love it/

AntiG
12-25-2018, 10:39 PM
The Kyrie haters make me laugh so much. He is an insane player. Thereís some guy going around PSD saying he barely has a positive impact on the game lmaoooooooo.

He's one of the most insane players I've ever had the pleasure of watching. The guy is a basketball savant with phenomenal accuracy, touch, handles, and body control.

Giannis94
12-25-2018, 10:48 PM
someone explain to me why the Warriors have the Starbucks logo on their center court. I just don't get it.

FlashBolt
12-25-2018, 11:01 PM
Agreed he is open but he should drive and dish or just drive... There is plenty of times where he has the shot and the guy goes to block it and he shoots when he could pump and drive or something. They are spanking the warriors right now because he isnt taking dumb shots and i love it/

No LeBron.. he's the only guy there who knows how to mitigate the Warriors offense and control the pace. Going to be a huge statement if the younglings can finish this through without Bron.

kdspurman
12-25-2018, 11:04 PM
No LeBron.. he's the only guy there who knows how to mitigate the Warriors offense and control the pace. Going to be a huge statement if the younglings can finish this through without Bron.

Rondo may be able to control the pace a bit too, he's showing some of that now.

FlashBolt
12-25-2018, 11:06 PM
Looks like Bron may be out a few weeks. Not good. Could mean the difference between making vs not making the playoffs.

FlashBolt
12-25-2018, 11:13 PM
Zubac has been an absolute monster these past few games. I remember when Lakers fans hated this guy for a brief period. Dude has put in the work. You gotta wonder how much better he got in finding his spot. Dude seems to finally understand where the passes are coming from and where to catch them from. Chandler might be third in rotation once McGee comes back.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-25-2018, 11:14 PM
And he's only 21

FlashBolt
12-25-2018, 11:21 PM
If Lakers are smart, they would do this: Pump Zubac up and try to get him involved with the trade instead of adding Kuzma. Zubac, Ingram, Lonzo, and picks for AD. What does Pelicans have to lose?

Giannis94
12-25-2018, 11:27 PM
If Lakers are smart, they would do this: Pump Zubac up and try to get him involved with the trade instead of adding Kuzma. Zubac, Ingram, Lonzo, and picks for AD. What does Pelicans have to lose?

Their entire fan base? Unless those picks are unprotected in 2027, 2029, 2031, the pels aren't dumb enough to do something like that

FlashBolt
12-25-2018, 11:35 PM
Rondo may be able to control the pace a bit too, he's showing some of that now.

Great call. Rondo did an amazing job.

Lakers + Giants
12-25-2018, 11:40 PM
Easy. It takes 5 All Stars to beat us. Let's see what happens when boogie plays

Vee-Rex
12-25-2018, 11:40 PM
Are the lakers the warriors kryptonite?

Vee-Rex
12-25-2018, 11:44 PM
Also good to see celtics fans in here tonight to rep the squad. They be trying to trash y'all team hard in the main forums

More-Than-Most
12-25-2018, 11:48 PM
If only Kevin durant had some help man... My god.

Also please start rondo over ball.

More-Than-Most
12-25-2018, 11:56 PM
lebron isnt injured he is just smarter than everyone on the planet... He put them up 19 and laid the penis on tre and the warriors and then faked an injury to let the kids grow and get confident the next few weeks so he can return with an all star in ingram and a sick player in kuzma. Curry cant touch bron bruh

JAZZNC
12-25-2018, 11:58 PM
Good start for the Jazz. Rubio with some fantastic passes so far.

More-Than-Most
12-26-2018, 01:04 AM
http://www.philly.com/sixers/philadelphia-sixers-boston-celtics-joel-embiid-brett-brown-christmas-20181226.html

I was only screaming the same ****... ****ing stupid *** **** man. Yes lets keep going away from our best player when hes destroying the other team.

JAZZNC
12-26-2018, 01:05 AM
Rubio dealing it and Rudy challenging everything!

More-Than-Most
12-26-2018, 01:09 AM
:hope: please Joel... Please get him fired... PLEASE

ďI felt like I could have done more,Ē Embiid said after a 121-114 overtime loss to the Celtics on Christmas Day. ďI didnít get the ball. The ball didnít find me in the fourth quarter and overtime, so, in those situations, Iíve got to show up, but I also have to be put in the right situations to be able to help this team. I felt like I wasnít in the right situation. We lost. I put this heavily on me because I know I could have done more, and the more I was playing, all day they couldnít guard me, and they were playing a lot of 1-on-1, double-teaming on the first dribbles, but I have to find a way to adjust through that and just be myself.Ē

Any ambiguity that may have seemed present in those sentiments was quickly dispelled when Embiid was asked why he thought the ball did not find him down the stretch.

ďDonít know,Ē the big man responded. ďGot to ask coach.Ē

JAZZNC
12-26-2018, 01:10 AM
Oh my goodness, you give Rudy that call and everybody is ******** their pants in the paint!

More-Than-Most
12-26-2018, 01:11 AM
[Washburn] After the Celtics win, it looked like Kyrie Irving was telling Joel Embiid to call him. Well the two actually exchanged numbers in the hallway outside the locker rooms well after the game ended.

OH ****

JAZZNC
12-26-2018, 01:32 AM
Beautiful play out of 3rd to get Korver a wide open 3. Those kinda things matter

Lakers + Giants
12-26-2018, 01:57 AM
[Washburn] After the Celtics win, it looked like Kyrie Irving was telling Joel Embiid to call him. Well the two actually exchanged numbers in the hallway outside the locker rooms well after the game ended.

OH ****

Kyrie-Butler-Ben-Embiid

vs

Zo-LeBron-KD-AD

:D

Tg11
12-26-2018, 07:41 AM
Bucks
Thunder
Celtics
Warriors
Jazz

3-2 on my Christmas Day picks

warfelg
12-26-2018, 09:49 AM
No excuse to not go to Embiid late, but the Celtics did a great job of defending him. They took away the baseline, and when he turned up court, they brought the double team making it very hard for him to even pass out of it.

We should be more frustrated over the fact that Butler seemingly refused to take those moments. Their team defense was really really good, but that's what you bring that type of guy in for.

But all this complaining about Brett: we weren't hitting shots early, we scrapped back into the game, could have won but Kyrie made a great shot at the close of regulation, then hit two in your face 3's. I'm not sure what you are supposed to do with that. Sometimes that just the game.

ewing
12-26-2018, 09:56 AM
No excuse to not go to Embiid late, but the Celtics did a great job of defending him. They took away the baseline, and when he turned up court, they brought the double team making it very hard for him to even pass out of it.

We should be more frustrated over the fact that Butler seemingly refused to take those moments. Their team defense was really really good, but that's what you bring that type of guy in for.

But all this complaining about Brett: we weren't hitting shots early, we scrapped back into the game, could have won but Kyrie made a great shot at the close of regulation, then hit two in your face 3's. I'm not sure what you are supposed to do with that. Sometimes that just the game.

A 76ers fan giving the other team credit. This is a first!

ewing
12-26-2018, 09:57 AM
lebron isnt injured he is just smarter than everyone on the planet... He put them up 19 and laid the penis on tre and the warriors and then faked an injury to let the kids grow and get confident the next few weeks so he can return with an all star in ingram and a sick player in kuzma. Curry cant touch bron bruh

Heís dumb

Rivera
12-26-2018, 10:07 AM
bucketss 4-1
MtM 4-1
KDSpur 4-1
TG11 3-2
dadecounty 3-2
Saddletramp 3-2
L+G 3-2
buckalis 2-3

Rivera
12-26-2018, 10:12 AM
Itís was nice to beat the 76ers but the Cs need to get Brown and Hayward right. They are getting nothing from their bench right now.

Itís good to have Irving on your squad though. Dude is so clutch.

Also canít wait to get Baynes back. They really lack his interior defense and elite 3 pt shooting vs the 76ers

Also, 76ers should have offered Simmons for Leonard. Itís like playing 4 vs 5 on offense in crunch time with him on the floor.

right here, ive been saying this since the offseason. come playoff time and crunch time this will cost them. the spacing is just off because of this. The funny thing is Ben hit a nice Mid Range J (I think the clock was starting to run out) and it looked smooth, nothing but net. I was hoping he would continue to take it when the opportunity presented itself but he didnt.

Kyrie was huge too dude was hitting shots left and right late in the game

warfelg
12-26-2018, 10:52 AM
A 76ers fan giving the other team credit. This is a first!

I do quite often. Just gets missed in the shuffle with the other guys pretending we're a perfect team and no one beats us they just get lucky.

More-Than-Most
12-26-2018, 10:55 AM
right here, ive been saying this since the offseason. come playoff time and crunch time this will cost them. the spacing is just off because of this. The funny thing is Ben hit a nice Mid Range J (I think the clock was starting to run out) and it looked smooth, nothing but net. I was hoping he would continue to take it when the opportunity presented itself but he didnt.

he just wont do it... he also sits there and drains 3s like its nothing in practice and i get there is a difference when a defender is in front of you but really right now there isnt because nobody plays up on him and he still wont ****ing take the shot lol... its infuriating.

warfelg
12-26-2018, 10:58 AM

I was reading an article, and you'll have to admit this does make sense, that Ben in the crunch time alone doesn't hurt us, rather it's the Ben/Joel combo. Ben can work in the crunch time if he's the roll guy in a pick and roll, or if he's playing in the post. Problem being, where's Joel most effective? In the post. So that tends to push Joel out of there. And then on top of that, it requires another ball handler on the court (man that's where a healthy Fultz would help) to run the offense when Ben's at the 4.

So the issue is less Ben being on the floor, and more who he's on the floor with and what we need him to do. Ben at the 1 (an experiment I say needs to end now for us to keep winning) isn't winning us games, but Ben at the 4 and small ball 5 is what's going to help this team.

Lets say the Clips start to crash to earth, and they make Patrick Beverly available....he's the perfect type of guy to slide into a lineup like that.

Suddenly:
Simmons/Redick/Butler/Chandler/Embiid

becomes:
Beverly/Redick/Butler/Simmons/Embiid

And that second lineup is a much tougher lineup to face, even with Ben's shooting deficiencies.

Edit:
Part of what helped so much down the stretch last year was no Embiid, so that meant Saric and Ilyasova were out there with him, two guys that don't need to play in the post, allowing Ben to do so.

Rivera
12-26-2018, 11:20 AM
I was reading an article, and you'll have to admit this does make sense, that Ben in the crunch time alone doesn't hurt us, rather it's the Ben/Joel combo. Ben can work in the crunch time if he's the roll guy in a pick and roll, or if he's playing in the post. Problem being, where's Joel most effective? In the post. So that tends to push Joel out of there. And then on top of that, it requires another ball handler on the court (man that's where a healthy Fultz would help) to run the offense when Ben's at the 4.

So the issue is less Ben being on the floor, and more who he's on the floor with and what we need him to do. Ben at the 1 (an experiment I say needs to end now for us to keep winning) isn't winning us games, but Ben at the 4 and small ball 5 is what's going to help this team.

Lets say the Clips start to crash to earth, and they make Patrick Beverly available....he's the perfect type of guy to slide into a lineup like that.

Suddenly:
Simmons/Redick/Butler/Chandler/Embiid

becomes:
Beverly/Redick/Butler/Simmons/Embiid

And that second lineup is a much tougher lineup to face, even with Ben's shooting deficiencies.

Edit:
Part of what helped so much down the stretch last year was no Embiid, so that meant Saric and Ilyasova were out there with him, two guys that don't need to play in the post, allowing Ben to do so.

but the reason the Ben Joel combo gets ineffective during crunch time is because of Bens in ability to shoot. Ben has to go to the post because if he goes to the 3 point line or 18 feet away the defense is going to sag, double Joel and any team is going to chase the 3 point line unless if the ball goes to Ben where they will sag and dare him to shoot. Ben going in the post keeps the defender in the post honest. Ben in the post makes the defender have to chose between the drive and leaving Ben next to the rim or staying on Ben. If Ben could shoot a bit, it would allow Joel to go in the post where he is more effective. But that cant happen in the crunch because of Bens in ability to shoot. Putting Ben in the post gives Phillys best chance to play 5 on 5 basketball in the half court, if they didnt put Ben in the post, you can easily use Bens defender as a spy

He can make plays, hes a great rebounder and defender, he can start a fast break at any moment and hes great at attacking the rim. When its half court time, hes almost useless especially late in close games when the game is tight

warfelg
12-26-2018, 11:41 AM
but the reason the Ben Joel combo gets ineffective during crunch time is because of Bens in ability to shoot. Ben has to go to the post because if he goes to the 3 point line or 18 feet away the defense is going to sag, double Joel and any team is going to chase the 3 point line unless if the ball goes to Ben where they will sag and dare him to shoot. Ben going in the post keeps the defender in the post honest. Ben in the post makes the defender have to chose between the drive and leaving Ben next to the rim or staying on Ben. If Ben could shoot a bit, it would allow Joel to go in the post where he is more effective. But that cant happen in the crunch because of Bens in ability to shoot. Putting Ben in the post gives Phillys best chance to play 5 on 5 basketball in the half court, if they didnt put Ben in the post, you can easily use Bens defender as a spy

He can make plays, hes a great rebounder and defender, he can start a fast break at any moment and hes great at attacking the rim. When its half court time, hes almost useless especially late in close games when the game is tight

You notice I didn't disagree about the shooting thing, but was rather offering an explanation of why it was so bad and what can be changed to make it better.

Rivera
12-26-2018, 11:51 AM
You notice I didn't disagree about the shooting thing, but was rather offering an explanation of why it was so bad and what can be changed to make it better.

it doesnt matter to me. no lineup you put out will fix bens inefficiencies. its still 4 on 5 ball in the half court of tight games. you can spin it anyway you want to be positive or defend Ben. Its just a fact at this point and I love Ben. Until Ben shoots in games and defenses respect it, the 76ers will be in the same spot. Im surprised when its under 2 min they dont do more offensive / defensive switches with Ben but i get they dont want to hurt his feelings. its why you cant get over the Raptors/Celtics hump. Until Ben fixes it, theres not much anyone can do other than continue to play hard and try to put enough seperation between the teams before the game gets to tight.

PAOboston
12-26-2018, 12:00 PM
he just wont do it... he also sits there and drains 3s like its nothing in practice and i get there is a difference when a defender is in front of you but really right now there isnt because nobody plays up on him and he still wont ****ing take the shot lol... its infuriating.

I call him tall Rondo. But that isnít really good comp either because Rondo looks like a HOF player in big games.

Rivera
12-26-2018, 12:29 PM
I call him tall Rondo. But that isnít really good comp either because Rondo looks like a HOF player in big games.

playoff Rondo was on full display late in the 3rd and the 4th. Dude can be masterful at times and really control a tempo of a game like very few. I wish that was Rondo all the time but playoff Rondo is special.

Watching Rondo last night reminded me why young guards struggle so much, reminded me how important a vet is and how stats can be very misleading. Dude was special late. Zo/Ben need more experience to understand how Rondo can control a game

JAZZNC
12-26-2018, 02:43 PM
Not one mention of the defensive masterpiece that Gobert put forth last night. The dude was incredible. 7 blocks and the amount of shots he changed was huge (even without leaving the floor people were freaking out). Gobert is a special player. I just wish we had a better team around him.

Rivera
12-26-2018, 03:06 PM
Not one mention of the defensive masterpiece that Gobert put forth last night. The dude was incredible. 7 blocks and the amount of shots he changed was huge (even without leaving the floor people were freaking out). Gobert is a special player. I just wish we had a better team around him.

not even going to lie, im at work now so i didnt catch anything past Q1. Just looking at the box score things were pretty spread. Are you guys getting it out of Mitchells hands more? Is he still trying to hard to create offense? Are you guys getting back into offensive sets kind of like last year ?

Chronz
12-26-2018, 03:06 PM
Zubac has been an absolute monster these past few games. I remember when Lakers fans hated this guy for a brief period. Dude has put in the work. You gotta wonder how much better he got in finding his spot. Dude seems to finally understand where the passes are coming from and where to catch them from. Chandler might be third in rotation once McGee comes back.

Really? My homies love zubac

More-Than-Most
12-26-2018, 09:19 PM
Its not just the spacing issues though.... We had embiid in the paint 1on1 and they just flat out refused to go to him and it happens all the time where he is either misused or ignored when he is dominating.... BUT LIKE EMBIID SAID... Ask the coach :laugh:

I cant wait until embiid gets his *** fired.

JAZZNC
12-26-2018, 09:49 PM
not even going to lie, im at work now so i didnt catch anything past Q1. Just looking at the box score things were pretty spread. Are you guys getting it out of Mitchells hands more? Is he still trying to hard to create offense? Are you guys getting back into offensive sets kind of like last year ?

Yeah the scoring was spread out all throughout the game. Mitchell played within himself all game. Rubio played well and when he shoots it well we are a hard team to beat which is why his inconsistency is so frustrating Haha! And Gobert was just killing it on the defensive end. It was phenomenal to watch!

kobe4thewinbang
12-28-2018, 12:48 AM
Very happy Lakers fan here...my boys did great, not folding in the 3rd when the game got close again. That oop by Lonzo to Kuz...LeBron's pretty fadeaway...Zubac coming through big blocking KD and not afraid to DUNK THE BALL.

:clap:

Rondo #nuffsaid

FlashBolt
12-28-2018, 01:01 AM
Really? My homies love zubac

ehhh earlier into the season he kept fumbling easy passes and wasn't in the right spots. Now he's more active and aware.