PDA

View Full Version : Boogie

R. Johnson#3
12-23-2018, 11:03 PM
With Boogie set to return in the next month or so I think it's time to bring this up. Would you want Boogie on your team? He's a physical force who's immensely talented but he's a complete head case who needs the ball in his hands and in turn, takes away from his team. I for one would want no part of Boogie on the Raps.

The Pelicans did better with Mirotic than they did with Boogie. The Kings are now a playoff contender only 2 years after the trade. Vlade got torched for making that deal but I'd say the Kings have turned into the clear winners from that deal. In 6 and a half years the most games Boogie's Kings ever won in a season was 33. They're already more than halfway there at Christmas. Boogie went through 6 coaches in his 6 and a half years with the Kings.

The guy has all the talent in the World but I honestly think he'll be what destroys the Warriors this year. If he has some sort of epiphany and finally decides to ditch Boogie ball then he could be one of the best players in the game. I just have a hard time seeing him fit in smoothly with all the drama they've already had this year. Boogie + Draymond is a ticking time bomb waiting to go off.

CityofTreez
12-23-2018, 11:20 PM
If you can harness Boogieís athleticism and restrain Boogieís impatience then any team can succeed.
Itís just 50/50 though

tredigs
12-24-2018, 01:25 AM
Your team has never made an NBA Finals and no marquee free agent had ever signed in Toronto, you should wish take all the talent you can get.

The plus side is Boogie will never sign with Toronto, so it really does not matter. Next.

Tg11
12-24-2018, 02:17 AM
Boogie is not nor will he ever be a Raptor and not to mention the Raptors will never be World Champions. Boogie won't be a problem for the Warriors but if anything makes them more scarier offensively.

Scoots
12-24-2018, 02:36 AM
Your team has never made an NBA Finals and no marquee free agent had ever signed in Toronto, you should wish take all the talent you can get.

The plus side is Boogie will never sign with Toronto, so it really does not matter. Next.

Resist being a tool. I have faith you have it in you.

Scoots
12-24-2018, 02:37 AM
The Pelicans are second from last in the West, which implies Boogie has never been on a good team. It will be interesting to see what happens later this year.

Saddletramp
12-24-2018, 02:41 AM

Heís just in insufferable mode tonight it seems. I think heís bipolar.

Saddletramp
12-24-2018, 02:44 AM
The Pelicans are second from last in the West, which implies Boogie has never been on a good team. It will be interesting to see what happens later this year.

Injuries. Plus, arenít they 3 games outside of a playoff spot? Theyíre 8 games back from first. Just saying ďsecond from lastĒ is misleading.

TakeYourL
12-24-2018, 04:08 AM
Too immature for me.

You can't hand over your franchise, people's professional careers, to a clown like that.

Dude is too ratchet to depend on.

R. Johnson#3
12-24-2018, 09:34 AM

Itís because Mirotic is out lol

I was mainly referring to last year. The Pels has a better win pct with Mirotic than they did with Boogie.

R. Johnson#3
12-24-2018, 09:38 AM
Boogie is not nor will he ever be a Raptor and not to mention the Raptors will never be World Champions. Boogie won't be a problem for the Warriors but if anything makes them more scarier offensively.

Is Boogie your relative or something?

Boogie in an offence that has tons of ball movement spells disaster. Heíll bring rebounding which they desperately need but I canít wait for him to start jacking up 3ís on a team with actual 3pt shooters. Or start trying to make his ridiculous passes which mostly lead to turnovers.

Scoots
12-24-2018, 11:43 AM
Injuries. Plus, arenít they 3 games outside of a playoff spot? Theyíre 8 games back from first. Just saying ďsecond from lastĒ is misleading.

True, but they always have injury issues. I wonder, are the Pels still using the football team's training staff?

aman_13
12-24-2018, 01:12 PM
The jabs at the Raptors is random. Not sure what warranted that.

I think Cousins will be fine and he's very aware of the role he has on the team. It's kind of scary because you can't lay off of him like you can on Draymond.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

R. Johnson#3
12-24-2018, 02:42 PM
The jabs at the Raptors is random. Not sure what warranted that.

I think Cousins will be fine and he's very aware of the role he has on the team. It's kind of scary because you can't lay off of him like you can on Draymond.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Itís because I said I didnít want him on the Raps. A couple of posters went off like I smacked their kid or something.

TrueFan420
12-24-2018, 03:08 PM
Boogie hasnít been on a team with talent before the Pels so itís hard to put it all on him. On the Pels they had two ball dominate bigs so it took time to figure it out but once they did they were killing it. Mitrovic may be a better fit but he isnít the better player and if Boogie wasnít injuried I think theyíd have been far more of a threat. For the warriors he will be fine. Too many strong voices in the lockerroom for him to cause issues. Add in this is his last change to show he can be a part of a winning team and I donít see an issue. Just donít put him on a team that needs his leadership like the kings did.

D-Leethal
12-24-2018, 03:29 PM
It's tough to envision him playing a winning role that doesn't involved him putting up gaudy numbers. What else does he do for you if he isn't putting up 30-20?

I do think he can be a winning player though, SAC was a joke and twin towers was a dumb experiment. But the C for a team with 3 star/high usage perimeter players is not something that makes too much sense on paper.

ewing
12-24-2018, 04:36 PM
It's tough to envision him playing a winning role that doesn't involved him putting up gaudy numbers. What else does he do for you if he isn't putting up 30-20?

I do think he can be a winning player though, SAC was a joke and twin towers was a dumb experiment. But the C for a team with 3 star/high usage perimeter players is not something that makes too much sense on paper.

He could be an absolute beast on the offense glass. He can defend the paint. IMO Boogie issue has always been that he has too many skills and likes to use the wrong ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raps08-09 Champ
12-24-2018, 10:41 PM
Easily.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-24-2018, 10:41 PM

You're within your rights to infract him eh.

FlashBolt
12-24-2018, 10:56 PM

Doubtful. He's been here for years and you can tell it would suck being around him. Dude just seems so mad at the world for some reason.

Scoots
12-25-2018, 12:11 AM
Doubtful. He's been here for years and you can tell it would suck being around him. Dude just seems so mad at the world for some reason.

To be fair, sometimes you do too.

Merry Christmas to all.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-25-2018, 09:07 AM
Have to see how Cousins is after coming back from injury.

D-Leethal
12-25-2018, 09:27 AM
He could be an absolute beast on the offense glass. He can defend the paint. IMO Boogie issue has always been that he has too many skills and likes to use the wrong ones

There are probably guys out there much better than him at those two skills though. Maybe not on the glass, but a a combo-role of mostly glass and defense Boogie is probably far down the list of most effective options.

warfelg
12-25-2018, 11:00 AM
I go back to the quote Calipari had on him:
If you can get Boogie to play in the paint, you have a HOF great player on your hands.

ewing
12-25-2018, 12:40 PM
If you can get Boogie to play in the paint, you have a HOF great player on your hands.

Agreed he makes things very complicated. He should be catching and finishing, crashing boards etc

warfelg
12-25-2018, 01:00 PM
Agreed he makes things very complicated. He should be catching and finishing, crashing boards etc

Heís not a soft player, but he definitely thinks of himself as some really athletic wing player rather than a post bully with some outside skills.

FlashBolt
12-25-2018, 05:05 PM

Merry Christmas to all.

You too as well. The key point is you said sometimes. Tredigs is all the time.

FlashBolt
12-25-2018, 05:06 PM
Heís not a soft player, but he definitely thinks of himself as some really athletic wing player rather than a post bully with some outside skills.

Cousins vertical is one of the worst I've seen from a superstar player. It's holding him back a lot and with this new injury, I think it'll only get worse. I don't think the guy even jumps anymore.

Scoots
12-25-2018, 05:49 PM

That's what the Warriors want too. If they are against a small team, send him to the point and he's going to be alone with no help defense coming. Against size they hope to play him at the high post and have the cuts happening around him where he can pass the ball for open shots.

I have no idea what will actually happen.

I also think Kerr is trying to keep him out until after the all-star break to have him come back as a sort of mental reset for the whole team.

Scoots
12-25-2018, 05:50 PM

Only when he posts :)

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-27-2018, 09:53 AM

That's what happened with Rasheed Wallace. He should of played more in the paint. But either got tired or lazy and settle for deep twos then.

warfelg
12-27-2018, 11:09 AM
That's what the Warriors want too. If they are against a small team, send him to the point and he's going to be alone with no help defense coming. Against size they hope to play him at the high post and have the cuts happening around him where he can pass the ball for open shots.

I have no idea what will actually happen.

I also think Kerr is trying to keep him out until after the all-star break to have him come back as a sort of mental reset for the whole team.

It's what every team has tried to do with him. Kentucky, Sacramento, New Orleans....but he keeps on going back to a mid-post face up game.

Scoots
12-27-2018, 11:20 AM
It's what every team has tried to do with him. Kentucky, Sacramento, New Orleans....but he keeps on going back to a mid-post face up game.

True, but he's never had that shooting around him either. Admittedly it's a big experiment.

warfelg
12-27-2018, 11:38 AM
True, but he's never had that shooting around him either. Admittedly it's a big experiment.

Adding shooting doesn't change his mentality...Cal said it's a full on mental and motivation thing with Boogie. He doesn't like being seen as the old back to the basket big. He thinks of himself as a guy who can face up and beat anyone one on one like that. He thinks like he can do stuff AD can.

tredigs
12-27-2018, 12:44 PM

Merry Christmas to all.
To be fair, my comment was 100% correct and you are a massive douchebag who I can bet is a bore to hang with. Merry Christmas buddy. I am a dick when another poster says something dickish or obtuse. Rarely prior or unprovoked.

tredigs
12-27-2018, 12:48 PM

The problem is that you became a dick on here over time, but stayed stupid. You have no redeeming characteristic.

COOLbeans
12-27-2018, 02:41 PM
:laugh:

Scoots
12-27-2018, 03:45 PM
Adding shooting doesn't change his mentality...Cal said it's a full on mental and motivation thing with Boogie. He doesn't like being seen as the old back to the basket big. He thinks of himself as a guy who can face up and beat anyone one on one like that. He thinks like he can do stuff AD can.

We don't know what will happen. He's never played in the NBA with anything like the Warriors skill around him, or their system. It may fall apart, it may not. We don't know.

Scoots
12-27-2018, 03:47 PM
To be fair, my comment was 100% correct and you are a massive douchebag who I can bet is a bore to hang with. Merry Christmas buddy. I am a dick when another poster says something dickish or obtuse. Rarely prior or unprovoked.

I would wager you wouldn't get too many here to support that assertion. Merry Christmas to you too.

ewing
12-27-2018, 05:21 PM
I support him

Rivera
12-27-2018, 05:41 PM
:laugh:

beasted86
12-27-2018, 08:34 PM
GSW isn't any real test.

He is in a contract year and has to play nice no matter what. I don't believe that Boogie will sabotage his own career coming off injury in a contract year like Rondo did with Carlisle.

He's going to play such a limited role too.

Jamiecballer
12-27-2018, 09:37 PM
I support him

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI'll wager his mom still does too

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
12-28-2018, 12:23 AM
Tredigs calling someone a douchebag. That's ironic. "Rarely prior or unprovoked." Lmao, you live for this ****. It's part of your daily routine. If you're every bit as your online persona, I'd be willing to bet you aren't married and will be divorced numerous times.

tredigs
12-28-2018, 10:04 PM
I'll wager his mom still does too

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

This was funny. And actually she did drop a AAA card in the stocking this year, so technically...
@flash, neither married, single or ever divorced. And life is pretty damn sweet. Don't mistake my clowning for malcontent (only after a bad bet).

Mr.B
12-30-2018, 01:44 PM

Is he not part of the reason his teams have never been any good?

Scoots
12-30-2018, 08:16 PM
Is he not part of the reason his teams have never been any good?

Certainly. I think it's been laughable how easy it was to get him out of his game and get him to ruin his team's chances to win. I think I have a pretty good idea of what the Warriors are hoping he can do, and my point was that he's never been on a team like the Warriors who REALLY don't need him, are a mature team that existed without him, that play in a system unlike anything he's ever played in. No question Boogie could be bad for the Warriors, but he could be perfect for them too. We'll have to wait and see.