PDA

View Full Version : How much roster turnover will we see in LA as February nears

Giannis94
12-20-2018, 11:14 AM
And I don't mean the clippers. I mean the Lakers. They lost to an undermanned wizards and then the Nets. And the Nets are a solid team this year. But the Lakers quite frankly have a lot more talent.

I'm fully anticipating that there will be firworks/roster turnover after the holidays and new year as we get to Feb.

Ps : dlo>>lonzo

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-20-2018, 11:25 AM
Depends who is available at the trade deadline. I did post that tweet in the LeBron thread that he's getting antsy now. Not many names available. Other then Wizards Wall, Beal, Porter. They probably need a few more losses before they implode again. Sounds like Kemba wants to stay with Hornets and MJ will give him super max. Not sure if the Blazers will break up their backcourt or not. Woelfel mentioned Blazers were putting out feelers for Lillard's value. But Woelfel throw's a lot out there. Wall has trade kicker this year and next year his contract balloons to $38M. But if Lakers get him they may get Cousins next summer since Wall and Cousins are buddies after all. Lakers could still go after Melo. Hard to say who LeBron wants now. Love's contract is meh. But he knows LeBron.

Giannis94
12-20-2018, 11:30 AM
I don't think you can take on love or wall when there's 7 possible "stars" available. But there are a number of intriguing markets

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-20-2018, 11:50 AM
I don't think you can take on love or wall when there's 7 possible "stars" available. But there are a number of intriguing markets

Which 7 stars? Now or next summer? KD,Kawhi,Klay,Butler,Kemba next summer. Kemba stays for super max. KD could walk. Klay sounds like he's staying. Butler takes that super max from Philly easily. Not much for stars moving around next year. Kawhi has Raptors/Clippers as 1a and 1b. Cousin's is a bit of a unknown at this point coming back from injury. Who else am I miss for next summer or trade block right now?

Trade block as of now is more or less.......

Wall Wizards
Beal Wizards
Porter Wizards
Bazemore Hawks
Dedmon Hawks
Knight Rockets
KCP Lakers
Simmons Magic
Vucevic Magic wild guess
Fournier Magic wild guess
Parker Bulls
Love Cavs wild guess
TT Cavs wild guess
JR Smith Cavs

Other then the four wild guesses rest been rumored at some point something has to give. Rozier had that rumor of being unhappy then that vanished a few months back. Ainge or Steven must of gagged him. I could toss a few wild guesses Hornets would love to trade Batum,Zeller,Williams for upgrades. Kings got extra cap space to eat salary besides they got a few expiring contracts. So they could do something as well. Knicks probably would love to dump Lee. Seems Heat been shopping Whiteside like forever.

IndyRealist
12-20-2018, 11:52 AM
Before these two losses, the Lakers were on pace for 51 wins which is exactly where I suggested they'd be. No need to trade all their youth for win now pieces, they will get better internally and are better off adding free agents in the offseason than trading parts away.

I'm not convinced Magic knows which of his young players are the keepers, so less decision making is better.

ewing
12-20-2018, 11:53 AM
Before these two losses, the Lakers were on pace for 51 wins which is exactly where I suggested they'd be. No need to trade all their youth for win now pieces, they will get better internally and are better off adding free agents in the offseason than trading parts away.

I'm not convinced Magic knows which of his young players are the keepers, so less decision making is better.

I agree but it Magic but is it really Magic's call?

IndyRealist
12-20-2018, 12:09 PM
I agree but it Magic but is it really Magic's call?

I don't pretend to know the inner workings of the Lakers org. Magic's just my placeholder for their decision making process. Could be Buss calling the shots, could be Lebron. I wouldn't be surprised if Lebron gets hit with a 6 figure tampering fine for his AD comments, but Lebron doesn't slip up like that. It was a calculated move

Storch
12-20-2018, 12:10 PM
I doubt theres much movement from the Lakers. Maybe a kcp trade, but not much after that besides signing buyout vets. The summer is the target.

Vinylman
12-20-2018, 12:21 PM
a bait thread from the master baiter on the site...

Lakers get Rondo and Ingram back this week... settle down and enjoy the show

Vee-Rex
12-20-2018, 12:36 PM
Just wait until January LeBron comes around.

mightybosstone
12-20-2018, 12:38 PM
I just don't know that there's a deal out there today that makes a ton of sense for the Lakers. The Wizards trading for Ariza seems like one last ditch effort to double down on that core of Beal, Wall and Porter for this season. If they continue to suck, maybe one of those guys becomes available. But if you're the Lakers and you could trade to get Wall or Beal today or wait out this season and potentially get Durant instead, doesn't that make way more sense?

I just don't see the Lakers completely turning over a roster that's playing decent basketball in a competitive Western Conference right now. The only way I see that is if someone becomes available they don't have to break the bank for or if they start to fall off to the point where it looks like they might miss out on the playoffs.

Scoots
12-20-2018, 12:53 PM
It's all wild speculation. I've seen so many contradicting stories. We know nothing.

ewing
12-20-2018, 01:07 PM
It's all wild speculation. I've seen so many contradicting stories. We know nothing.

how do you know I'm not in the inner circle?

Giannis94
12-20-2018, 02:01 PM
Which 7 stars? Now or next summer? KD,Kawhi,Klay,Butler,Kemba next summer. Kemba stays for super max. KD could walk. Klay sounds like he's staying. Butler takes that super max from Philly easily. Not much for stars moving around next year. Kawhi has Raptors/Clippers as 1a and 1b. Cousin's is a bit of a unknown at this point coming back from injury. Who else am I miss for next summer or trade block right now?

Trade block as of now is more or less.......

Wall Wizards
Beal Wizards
Porter Wizards
Bazemore Hawks
Dedmon Hawks
Knight Rockets
KCP Lakers
Simmons Magic
Vucevic Magic wild guess
Fournier Magic wild guess
Parker Bulls
Love Cavs wild guess
TT Cavs wild guess
JR Smith Cavs

Other then the four wild guesses rest been rumored at some point something has to give. Rozier had that rumor of being unhappy then that vanished a few months back. Ainge or Steven must of gagged him. I could toss a few wild guesses Hornets would love to trade Batum,Zeller,Williams for upgrades. Kings got extra cap space to eat salary besides they got a few expiring contracts. So they could do something as well. Knicks probably would love to dump Lee. Seems Heat been shopping Whiteside like forever.

I was saying for the summer.

I thought it was 7? Jimmy/Kawhi/Klay/Dray/Kemba/Kd/Middleton

Giannis94
12-20-2018, 02:04 PM

How is this a bait thread? It's mpre like as a lakers fan, you're being too sensitive. It's all over talk shows and what not. Deal with it. Magic doesn't call the shots' lebron does. So it's a valid question. In the past people openly created troll threads about the bucks that stayed open after I posted similar threads of another team. Go rip the bucks. Mods love the left coast teams.

GREATNESS ONE
12-20-2018, 02:21 PM

Iíll be back in a few months to laugh my *** off when Giannis gets spanked once again in the playoffs... 1/2 round exit team!

GREATNESS ONE
12-20-2018, 02:23 PM
Itís even more funnier that little to none casual fans know who Giannis is :laugh2: how embarrassing for a player whoís supposed to be a top 5/10player.... best thing Giannis can do is leave Milwaukee if he ever wants to grow his brand because if not, heíll just be another star who could never live up to his potential and never win a championship.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-20-2018, 02:24 PM
Well most articles mention Lakers would trade all their kids for the star like AD for example. Then the third star or "B player" would be free agency. Example Middleton been mentioned as that third guy. Even though I hope AD stays for the Pelicans sake. NBA needs plenty of one star teams. I was hoping Sonics would be a expansion team really soon. Cause I think KD will end his career there.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-20-2018, 02:26 PM
Itís even more funnier that little to none casual fans know who Giannis is :laugh2: how embarrassing for a player whoís supposed to be a top 5/10player.... best thing Giannis can do is leave Milwaukee if he ever wants to grow his brand because if not, heíll just be another star who could never live up to his potential and never win a championship.

Giannis doesn't care about brand. Go read the new Howard Beck article talking all eyes on AD then soon enough on Giannis. Then Beck goes onto cutting up the league. Some good stuff.

GREATNESS ONE
12-20-2018, 02:30 PM
Giannis doesn't care about brand. Go read the new Howard Beck article talking all eyes on AD then soon enough on Giannis. Then Beck goes onto cutting up the league. Some good stuff.

I actually really like you as a poster. Iím sorry youíre surrounded by these other A**clowns.

Giannis should care about his brand though, he could potentially become a world popular star...

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-20-2018, 02:34 PM
Giannis is already set for money. He was very poor as a kid.

Giannis94
12-20-2018, 02:39 PM
What the **** is your deal? I get it. You're jealous that I constantly post valid points and questions. Chill out

Vinylman
12-20-2018, 02:58 PM
How is this a bait thread? It's mpre like as a lakers fan, you're being too sensitive. It's all over talk shows and what not. Deal with it. Magic doesn't call the shots' lebron does. So it's a valid question. In the past people openly created troll threads about the bucks that stayed open after I posted similar threads of another team. Go rip the bucks. Mods love the left coast teams.

Your thread is garbage... it cites no sources... it is the ramblings of an incoherent attention whore...

we get it Ö you have nothing better to do with your time...

carry on with your "hot takes" no one takes you seriously.

GREATNESS ONE
12-20-2018, 03:20 PM
Giannis is already set for money. He was very poor as a kid.

Ok but Iím saying, he can catapult himself into a different spectrum of money that his kids kids kids will never have to work.

Giannis94
12-20-2018, 07:08 PM
Your thread is garbage... it cites no sources... it is the ramblings of an incoherent attention whore...

we get it Ö you have nothing better to do with your time...

carry on with your "hot takes" no one takes you seriously.
You're making a fool of yourself with that mularky

lakerfan85
12-21-2018, 11:11 AM
Come on guys itís Christmas time.. Why canít we all just get along??

Giannis94
12-21-2018, 11:17 AM
Come on guys itís Christmas time.. Why canít we all just get along??

Yes! Merry Christmas! Feel free and tell your lal friends I say hello

lakerfan85
12-21-2018, 11:19 AM
Yes! Merry Christmas! Feel free and tell your lal friends I say hello

For sure! Have a great Christmas!!

Cracka2HI!
12-22-2018, 02:35 PM
I think it's Davis or bust as far a big move during the season. I don't think they'll pull the trigger. The price will be too high. None of the other names help them more than their cap space will this off-season. I can see them making a small move. Maybe getting Ariza after all for KCP and a 1st. If they are willing to trade KCP to another top contender in the West maybe they can get a 1st from Portland for him. It would have to be a 3 team deal because Portland doesn't have any expiring contracts. Myers Leonard could be traded to Brooklyn with either Carroll or Faried going back to the Lakers. Despite having a lot of tradeable parts I don't see a lot of obvious upgrades out there for the Lakers.

Vinylman
12-23-2018, 07:54 PM
You're making a fool of yourself with that mularky
Thanks for your non valued input