PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Davis

More-Than-Most
12-18-2018, 09:36 PM
The celtics and lakers seem to be planning to give up everything for this guy but is it really worth it? You are looking at basically giving up Tatum/Brown/3 first round picks plus 200 million supermax for 1 guy... The lakers would probably have to give up Kuz/Ingram/Ball and 2 firsts on top of also paying that massive contract... Where is the perfect destination for him and which team needs to take that risk?

Lakers + Giants
12-18-2018, 09:49 PM
If KD or Kawhi sign here then Yes!

zn23
12-18-2018, 11:56 PM
AD has proven this year that he can't carry a team regardless of the numbers he puts up. It's not like he's playing with scrubs either. Holiday, Randle and Mirotic are having good years and Moore is shooting 40%+ from 3. Yet they're below 0.500. You give LeBron those players and they're easily a top team in the West.

AD doesn't make others around him better.

With that said, I think he would thrive as a secondary option on a team like the Lakers.

c.c.
12-19-2018, 02:00 AM
Some magical way heíll land on the Rockets, wouldnít you guys love that?

CP3
Harden
Tucker
AD
Capela

But in all seriousness, I can see him getting dealt to the Celtics or remaining a Pelican.

No way a GM with good sense deal a player like AD to a team within the same conference unless he has Daryl Morey on the phone.

beasted86
12-19-2018, 02:06 AM
AD has proven this year that he can't carry a team regardless of the numbers he puts up. It's not like he's playing with scrubs either. Holiday, Randle and Mirotic are having good years and Moore is shooting 40%+ from 3. Yet they're below 0.500. You give LeBron those players and they're easily a top team in the West.

With that said, I think he would thrive as a secondary option on a team like the Lakers.

Disagree with bold. What is "top team" anyway? Lakers are 4th currently already. You're saying with those guys he's doing better? Like top 2 in the West? Reaching badly.

Also bad to compare LeBron to anyone anyway. He's head and shoulders better than anyone in carrying a team. You put Durant on Pelicans I fully and truly believe they're no better than they currently are. Greek Freak, Harden, Kawhi... Take your pick of anyone else you consider 2nd best and the Pelicans wouldn't improve over where they are with Davis.

GREATNESS ONE
12-19-2018, 03:17 AM
Relationships ....

Rich Paul....

smith&wesson
12-19-2018, 03:25 AM
Heíll be better off with the Lakers. LeBron knows how to play with other stars. He passes, gets his team mates involved etc. Irving/Davis duo would be interesting but they are both pretty injury prone.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-19-2018, 09:14 AM
Lakers can trade for him this trade deadline. Celtics cant till next summer once Irving is free agent July 1 cause of the Rose rule.

IndyRealist
12-19-2018, 09:14 AM

You move Lebron onto any team and they will do better. It's a silly statement to compare AD to the literal GOAT, of course he's going to come up short. So will everybody else.

Heediot
12-19-2018, 09:25 AM
Pelicans have more value if they trade him sooner. His value lessens if he becomes an expiring next summer. No one signs trade extensions because they can get more loot if they wait . So suitors will use that vs. the Pels.

C's can't acquire him until Kyrie signs a new contract/bolts. Lakers can acquire him now and try to keep room for another max, but filling out the Bench this way might be harder. Better to sign one max guy and try to retain/acquire depth before acquiring him in the summer.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-19-2018, 09:31 AM
Can the Lakers trade Beasley,Lance,Rondo now? Were they the December 15 trade date? Or are they the January 15 or 23 date?

Ahriman
12-19-2018, 09:32 AM
You move Lebron onto any team and they will do better. It's a silly statement to compare AD to the literal GOAT, of course he's going to come up short. So will everybody else.

LBJ ain't GOAT tho, he's #2

Heediot
12-19-2018, 09:34 AM

We will see if they hit 46 and beat the over/under.

They miss Rondo, his play-making and presence was key especially when Cousins was done.

AD isn't an engine player offensively, so he cant dictate the modern game as well as other guys who can collapse and play-make for others. His defense had gotten better and better gradually, but is it enough to overcome his lack of a floor game/ playmaking? His team has also had spells of injuries, but so has Jokic and he is carrying the Nuggets. The situation is iffy to gauge.

JAZZNC
12-19-2018, 10:27 AM
LBJ ain't GOAT tho, he's #2

I love this. MJ has become this untouchable legend over the years and why? Because he never lost in the Finals. When did he ever face a team as good as the Warriors (pre or post Durant) or as good as those Spurs teams? Those are all better than the Jazz/Sonics/Blazers/Suns. And when MJ left they were still a 50+ win team (means they were ridiculously stacked). What has Lebrons teams done after he left? LeBron damn sure has a case as the best.

Vinylman
12-19-2018, 10:39 AM
The celtics and lakers seem to be planning to give up everything for this guy but is it really worth it? You are looking at basically giving up Tatum/Brown/3 first round picks plus 200 million supermax for 1 guy... The lakers would probably have to give up Kuz/Ingram/Ball and 2 firsts on top of also paying that massive contract... Where is the perfect destination for him and which team needs to take that risk?

Boston isn't giving that up for AD... you are out of your mind. If Tatum and Brown are in the deal they might and I say might get 1 first round pick. The clock is ticking and AD's trade value will only go down.

Ahriman
12-19-2018, 10:55 AM
I love this. MJ has become this untouchable legend over the years and why? Because he never lost in the Finals. When did he ever face a team as good as the Warriors (pre or post Durant) or as good as those Spurs teams? Those are all better than the Jazz/Sonics/Blazers/Suns. And when MJ left they were still a 50+ win team (means they were ridiculously stacked). What has Lebrons teams done after he left? LeBron damn sure has a case as the best.

LBJ never faced teams as tough as the Bad Boys Pistons or the 90's Knicks on his way to the Final. Granted the finals opponents were tougher, but I am not comparing their playoff resume when I say LBJ is #2, I say he is #2 as a player. MJ is simply the better scorer and defender of the two. LBJ longevity at the top of his game is however matched only by KAJ.

LeBron teams are and were constructed around him. His first Cavs team were absolute garbo so that's out of the gate, but the Heat team finished 37-45 with Bosh playing 40-ish games and Dragic 24 after being traded for, then 48-34 so regular season does not mean much.

The Bulls went from a 2nd round exit 4-2 against the Magic in 1995 to sweeping them and win the title in 1996, so there's your difference

It's funny how considering MJ as the best is now a heresy.
Players were defending back then, no they just put their hands behind the back cause they can't do **** anymore

IKnowHoops
12-19-2018, 10:59 AM

To be fair, I havenít seen anybody since David Robinson carry average- scrubs to the playoffs other than Lebron

Heediot
12-19-2018, 11:39 AM
To be fair, I havenít seen anybody since David Robinson carry average- scrubs to the playoffs other than Lebron

Robinson had sean elliot. His cast was just as good as say harden when he first got to Houston. I don't think Admiral's cast was that bad. I think there are lots of guys who had comparable casts to David Robinson that led his team to the playoffs.

Heediot
12-19-2018, 11:47 AM

Yeah with the way the cba and cap is structured there are more super teams or players teaming up now. Back then with no cap, teams were more balanced as there was no max salary's. Today you can cry your way to a super/strong team after getting your max money.

kdspurman
12-19-2018, 11:54 AM

In fairness tho, part of that is because of who Lebron picks as his teammates. When he was in Miami, (and not fully in control like in Cleveland) Miami struggled after he left, but mostly due to injuries to Wade/Bosh.

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-19-2018, 01:20 PM
Would whiteside had his shot in Miami had Lebron stayed?

valade16
12-19-2018, 01:44 PM

There have been a few cases.

After Ralph Sampson went down Hakeem carried some garbage teams to the playoffs. Dirk Nowitzki after Nash left. Heck, Jordan's teams always made the playoffs before Pippen.

Silent
12-19-2018, 02:03 PM

Listen if you gonna talk at least know what you talking about Hand check rule in that era caused so much drama now players would cry and *****. Jordan's era was the toughest no doubt about that. now you have these soft little *****es that cry ounce they get tapped lmao

MJ WILL ALWAYS BE THE GOAT LEBRON WILL ALWAYS BE THE RUNNER UP to MIKE And Kobe

valade16
12-19-2018, 02:28 PM

I think the best way to put it is:

MJ never beat teams as good as LeBron has in the Finals but MJ never lost to teams as bad as LeBron in the Finals.

beasted86
12-19-2018, 02:36 PM

The more realistic question is when did LeBron supposedly pass Jordan? Most people can't answer this rationally.

During the first 8 titleless years nobody on earth claimed LeBron's career start was better than Jordan's 7 titleless years. Because it's not a logical argument. Jordan's stats were way better. Jordan's defense way better. Jordan also never got upset in any playoff series. LeBron lost multiple times to lower seeds and worse record teams.

So I feel it's well established Jordan was better over at least the first 7 seasons.

Next compare the next 8 years. Who is suggesting two 3-peats and 6 titles along with Jordan's production is somehow worse than 3-8 in finals? Can I hear the justification just comparing them for this period of time.

So again comparing just the later half it also appears Jordan is better.

So even if I want to believe those that say LeBron is better, I just need help finding out when it happened or if they disagree with this basic rationale I've laid out here.

FlashBolt
12-19-2018, 03:23 PM

I just find it impossible to ignore how a team with the GOAT manages to win two less games without him and if we're being honest, a blown call robbed the Bulls of an ECF appearance in which I think would have been a very competitive series. Bulls could have very well made the Finals without Jordan. They probably lose but could you imagine any other team losing their best player and still making the Finals in recent memory other than the most stacked team in the Warriors? The thought of it is unrealistic to me. Jordan's great not every championship is the same as the other. Do the Bulls beat the 80's Celtics/80's Lakers? Bad Boy Pistons at their prime? Are they 6-0 during that same period? I don't think so.

ewing
12-19-2018, 03:28 PM
I just find it impossible to ignore how a team with the GOAT manages to win two less games without him and if we're being honest, a blown call robbed the Bulls of an ECF appearance in which I think would have been a very competitive series. Bulls could have very well made the Finals without Jordan. They probably lose but could you imagine any other team losing their best player and still making the Finals in recent memory other than the most stacked team in the Warriors? The thought of it is unrealistic to me. Jordan's great not every championship is the same as the other. Do the Bulls beat the 80's Celtics/80's Lakers? Bad Boy Pistons at their prime? Are they 6-0 during that same period? I don't think so.

How many times have you told this story and had me correct your history?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
12-19-2018, 03:31 PM

I disagree. AD doesn't really need the ball to be effective. He can play off-ball, roll to the basket, set screens, and play defense. It's why AD doesn't really turn the ball over much. He doesn't hold onto the ball for long and is allowing his teammates to create. This works beautifully with LeBron. The defense is incredibly valuable and would be far more impactful if they do manage to pair it up with McGee. Two guys who can finish lobs, create mismatches with their length, and block shots. I wouldn't say he doesn't make others better but I do agree that he's not much of a leader. He's still young, though. KG, Dirk, Barkley, and other all-time great PF's weren't winning anything at the same age. AD is already more accomplished than those guys.

smith&wesson
12-19-2018, 03:37 PM
Davis is a good player but extremely injury prone, hasnít been able to elevate his team even in a year like this one where the west is wide open. I would start a bidding war between the Lakers and Celtics and take as many young players and picks as I possibly can.

Oefarmy2005
12-19-2018, 03:55 PM
I disagree. AD doesn't really need the ball to be effective. He can play off-ball, roll to the basket, set screens, and play defense. It's why AD doesn't really turn the ball over much. He doesn't hold onto the ball for long and is allowing his teammates to create. This works beautifully with LeBron. The defense is incredibly valuable and would be far more impactful if they do manage to pair it up with McGee. Two guys who can finish lobs, create mismatches with their length, and block shots. I wouldn't say he doesn't make others better but I do agree that he's not much of a leader. He's still young, though. KG, Dirk, Barkley, and other all-time great PF's weren't winning anything at the same age. AD is already more accomplished than those guys.
Hold your horses there sport. What exactly has AD accomplished? KG was taking scrub teams to the playoffs every year starting with his second year in the league. How many playoffs series has AD played in? Two? KG faced players like Rasheed Wallace, Tim Duncan, Karl Malone, Kris Webber and Antonio McDyes on a nightly basis. Please, show me who exactly is guarding Davis on a night to night basis? There are like 5 good front court players in the entire league in this day and age. Not to mention the fact that the pace has exploded by 10 more field goals a game compared to the late 90's/early 2000s. SMH at this comment.

Saddletramp
12-19-2018, 04:56 PM
Listen if you gonna talk at least know what you talking about Hand check rule in that era caused so much drama now players would cry and *****. Jordan's era was the toughest no doubt about that. now you have these soft little *****es that cry ounce they get tapped lmao

MJ WILL ALWAYS BE THE GOAT LEBRON WILL ALWAYS BE THE RUNNER UP to MIKE And Kobe

And Kobe? I was with you until those last two words and now Iím questioning your whole post.

Chronz
12-19-2018, 05:13 PM
Would whiteside had his shot in Miami had Lebron stayed?
Yes
You only got whiteside cuz doc rivers was dumb enough to not invite him to camp despite having seen him

Vinylman
12-19-2018, 06:12 PM
Davis is a good player but extremely injury prone, hasnít been able to elevate his team even in a year like this one where the west is wide open. I would start a bidding war between the Lakers and Celtics and take as many young players and picks as I possibly can.

injury prone? he played 75 games each of the last two years and if basketball reference is right only 4 of the missed games were due to injury... mostly rest and skipping games at the end of the season.

Dude is top 10 player in the league at a minimum

ewing
12-19-2018, 06:55 PM

He is a great player and the kind of go to scorer you need in the playoffs. That said all teams need perimeter play makers. You canít really distribute through the post anymore.

FlashBolt
12-19-2018, 08:44 PM
Hold your horses there sport. What exactly has AD accomplished? KG was taking scrub teams to the playoffs every year starting with his second year in the league. How many playoffs series has AD played in? Two? KG faced players like Rasheed Wallace, Tim Duncan, Karl Malone, Kris Webber and Antonio McDyes on a nightly basis. Please, show me who exactly is guarding Davis on a night to night basis? There are like 5 good front court players in the entire league in this day and age. Not to mention the fact that the pace has exploded by 10 more field goals a game compared to the late 90's/early 2000s. SMH at this comment.

Single coverage defense doesn't exist anymore. You're right, he's not guarding individually better players at his position but the amount of switches forces guys like AD to cover anyone from a PG to C. KG was very good at guarding the perimeter but if your point is that he faced better individual talent at the PF spot, it's because the game has changed. That doesn't mean AD isn't playing great defense. It's just a more team-oriented defense than ever. I forgot to mention more accomplished than those guys at the same age. By that, I mean AD is simply a better player than those were at comparable ages. I don't think that's an understatement at all. Dirk/KG/Barkley are top PF's ever but let's not forget AD, since his second season, has already been one of the best players in the game. You could certainly make a case that he has been a top five player for a few years now. That's at a time where players such as Curry, LeBron, and KD are generational level talent. It's a deep top ten in the NBA right now.

Giannis94
12-19-2018, 09:20 PM
Bucks are a realistic fit.

ewing
12-19-2018, 09:20 PM
Single coverage defense doesn't exist anymore. You're right, he's not guarding individually better players at his position but the amount of switches forces guys like AD to cover anyone from a PG to C. KG was very good at guarding the perimeter but if your point is that he faced better individual talent at the PF spot, it's because the game has changed. That doesn't mean AD isn't playing great defense. It's just a more team-oriented defense than ever. I forgot to mention more accomplished than those guys at the same age. By that, I mean AD is simply a better player than those were at comparable ages. I don't think that's an understatement at all. Dirk/KG/Barkley are top PF's ever but let's not forget AD, since his second season, has already been one of the best players in the game. You could certainly make a case that he has been a top five player for a few years now. That's at a time where players such as Curry, LeBron, and KD are generational level talent. It's a deep top ten in the NBA right now.

And KG was massively overrated and was a tweener in his early career that folded under pressure

cmellofan15
12-19-2018, 09:45 PM
LMAO where is this AD hate coming from? How quick we are to forget what he did last year when Boogie went down. Y'all didn't see him dominate (arguably) the second hottest team in the west in the first round of last year's playoffs?

He's an amazing talent, prolly 2nd tier when ranking players, but with 1.5yrs and counting left on his contract it's hard to imagine a team pouring out all of their future assets on him.

More-Than-Most
12-19-2018, 10:16 PM
Boston isn't giving that up for AD... you are out of your mind. If Tatum and Brown are in the deal they might and I say might get 1 first round pick. The clock is ticking and AD's trade value will only go down.

Why do people always think this? There is that extra year on a max that keeps the value high unless you think AD is gonna walk away from that extra year... Outside of lebron recently who has actually done it? Lebron/KD are really the only ones that will make the money nomatter what because of their sponsors and so.... Lakers thought they could get PG13 by waiting because the price would either drop or they could have him free... PG13 is off the market and i wouldnt be surprised if KL resigns with the raptors and butler with the sixers because they are able to give that extra year.

More-Than-Most
12-19-2018, 10:19 PM
the knicks could be interesting in all honesty... Maybe they offer KP/plus more for AD.

ewing
12-19-2018, 10:33 PM
the knicks could be interesting in all honesty... Maybe they offer KP/plus more for AD.

KP, AD,Zion, Tim Hardaway, and Emanuel Mudiay will be the starting 5 next year (maybe we can pry TJ from you)

More-Than-Most
12-19-2018, 10:45 PM
KP, AD,Zion, Tim Hardaway, and Emanuel Mudiay will be the starting 5 next year (maybe we can pry TJ from you)

Honestly id be fine with giving you guys TJ. I really dont hate the knicks as a sixer fan lol...Zion on the knicks with KCP would be hella scary but watching zion/kp vs Embiid/Ben every year would be lit. I still feel like the knicks would be the best landing spot for a AD... You could trade KP for AD when you sign a durant in free agency... AD/KD equals championship'

More-Than-Most
12-19-2018, 10:47 PM
Also the other thing that helps the pelicans with this is AD injury history... No way AD is taking those deals Lebron/Durant did when lebron signed before the lakers and KD signed with the warriors... With AD injury stuff he will get a max deal and top dollar so a trade might be his only real way out... I dont see him leaving like 40 plus million on the table.

smith&wesson
12-19-2018, 10:58 PM
He is a great player and the kind of go to scorer you need in the playoffs. That said all teams need perimeter play makers. You canít really distribute through the post anymore.

Not to say he isnít a great player because he is but the pelicans arenít going anywhere with him and are in a position to get multiple really good young players and picks from the Celtics or Lakers and I would personally get as much as I can and move on.

netherfire
12-19-2018, 10:58 PM
Excluding LeBron, I'd trade any combination of players on the Lakers roster for Anthony Davis. He's arguably the best big man in the game and a top 5 player.

smith&wesson
12-19-2018, 11:06 PM
injury prone? he played 75 games each of the last two years and if basketball reference is right only 4 of the missed games were due to injury... mostly rest and skipping games at the end of the season.

Dude is top 10 player in the league at a minimum

Thereís no question heís a top 10 player in the league. Iíd even say top 5 currently. But the pelicans are going no where with him and my post was more so about how they can capitalize on the fact that the Celtics and Lakers are both in hot persuit for him. Itís inevitable that Davis will leave but New Orleans can get a really nice package for him instead of letting him walk for nothing. Just pointing out that they are pretty lucky in that they may get a nice haul for him. And with respect to him being prone to injury, youíre right it was more so the first 5 years of his career that he was consistently missing games, the last two years he has been pretty healthy.

ldawg
12-20-2018, 02:58 AM

Sorry but Kobe, Westbrook, Ai, Harden, Rookie Mitchell just did it too and i am sure i miss a few. You said playoffs. I always wonder why guys like Love, Davis, Cousins etc just cant carry a team to playoffs. Pelican have a decent team but they just cant stay healthy. Davis goes to the locker room like every game.

ldawg
12-20-2018, 03:29 AM
If i was Pelicans GM I would cash in and avoid having to pay super Max or get a lesser offer if he ops not to accept. To me thats a win win for Pelicans. As for Lakers you get a guy to try and Win now with Lebron. Either keep Ingram or Kuzma and offer everone else. Lakers young Players seem more Interesting but cant go wrong with either. Tatum, Brown, Rozier Or Ingram, Ball, Pope added to Miroic, Randle, Holiday, Okafor and Payton. Not being in the playoffs and with no help in sight i pull that trade like tomorrow.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-20-2018, 07:52 AM

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-20-2018, 08:03 AM

At this point no way he leaves money on the table as a free agent down the road. He'd have to be traded.

ewing
12-20-2018, 08:04 AM
I hope Payton comes back healthy, plays well, and the Pels can get it going. Iíd like AD to stay

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-20-2018, 08:34 AM

Vinylman
12-20-2018, 09:58 AM
Why do people always think this? There is that extra year on a max that keeps the value high unless you think AD is gonna walk away from that extra year... Outside of lebron recently who has actually done it? Lebron/KD are really the only ones that will make the money nomatter what because of their sponsors and so.... Lakers thought they could get PG13 by waiting because the price would either drop or they could have him free... PG13 is off the market and i wouldnt be surprised if KL resigns with the raptors and butler with the sixers because they are able to give that extra year.

ummmÖ all that stuff has nothing to do with what I posted. there is zero chance that boston gives up both brown and tatum and 3 first round picks... would NO take it? of course.

You guys continue to overvalue players trade value when there isn't much time left on his contract. He is basically in the same position at seasons end as KL and PG were when they left their first teams... teams paid nowhere near what you are saying.

No agent Ö especially AD's new one is going to let his player commit to a situation he doesn't even know if he will like. You guys always seem to discount that factor. Who knows if AD will get along with those guys in Boston. The safe route for the player is always to take a wait and see approach.

Vinylman
12-20-2018, 10:01 AM
Thereís no question heís a top 10 player in the league. Iíd even say top 5 currently. But the pelicans are going no where with him and my post was more so about how they can capitalize on the fact that the Celtics and Lakers are both in hot persuit for him. Itís inevitable that Davis will leave but New Orleans can get a really nice package for him instead of letting him walk for nothing. Just pointing out that they are pretty lucky in that they may get a nice haul for him. And with respect to him being prone to injury, youíre right it was more so the first 5 years of his career that he was consistently missing games, the last two years he has been pretty healthy.

of course they should do all that if he won't sign but I was merely responding to your post that he is injury prone... he isn't

Tg11
12-20-2018, 10:04 AM
AD will either go to the Celtics or Lakers but then again I heard New York Knicks is another option that has been heavily rumored

smith&wesson
12-20-2018, 12:45 PM
of course they should do all that if he won't sign but I was merely responding to your post that he is injury prone... he isn't

He is... if you watch the games he runs back to the locker room almost every single game with an injury scare. Anyone whoís followed Davis or has had him on a fantasy team knows heís injury prone. Heís been healthy of late but letís hope it stays that way.

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/just-how-injury-prone-is-anthony-davis-1551187

Maybe youíre only referring to his two most recent seasons which he has been relatively healthy but in his over all career he has been injury prone.

smith&wesson
12-20-2018, 12:52 PM
Davis and Irving are very close and are good friends. And Irving has a much bigger window than LeBron. I believe Davis will be a Celtic...

Also LeBron doesnít make powerforwards better. Bosh was a 24&12 guy before he went to the Miami. Love was a monster in his own right before he went to Cleveland. I know Davis is better than both those guys but his numbers could likely take a huge hit playing along side LeBron similarly to Bosh and Love

Vinylman
12-20-2018, 01:00 PM
He is... if you watch the games he runs back to the locker room almost every single game with an injury scare. Anyone whoís followed Davis or has had him on a fantasy team knows heís injury prone. Heís been healthy of late but letís hope it stays that way.

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/just-how-injury-prone-is-anthony-davis-1551187

Maybe youíre only referring to his two most recent seasons which he has been relatively healthy but in his over all career he has been injury prone.

sighÖ one guys take isn't worth **** Ö like I said. he hasn't missed **** the last two years... as for your every game hot take... :sleep:

maybe you can go find an article from 5 years ago to make your case.

smith&wesson
12-20-2018, 01:04 PM
sighÖ one guys take isn't worth **** Ö like I said. he hasn't missed **** the last two years... as for your every game hot take... :sleep:

maybe you can go find an article from 5 years ago to make your case.

Iím not sure what is upsetting you about my posts. Or why you have a tone in yours.

I agreed with you that he has been healthy the last two years and I made it clear that I was talking about his entire career and not just the last two year ? Iím certain that I did.

Vinylman
12-20-2018, 01:05 PM
maybe they should cut his MPG since he is leading the league this year... but I know... he gets hurt every game

ewing
12-20-2018, 01:08 PM
maybe they should cut his MPG since he is leading the league this year... but I know... he gets hurt every game

What do you think about JR Smith? I heard his name floated to the Pels. I think he would actually fit and help

smith&wesson
12-20-2018, 01:33 PM

They should trade him ASAP because they going no where with him ... And if they go sign JR Smith it would just reek of desperation

smith&wesson
12-20-2018, 01:34 PM
What do you think about JR Smith? I heard his name floated to the Pels. I think he would actually fit and help

Imagine, they didnít give Cousins an offer in the offseason and now they wanna spend money on JR friggen smith and Cousins signs with the warriors for dirt cheap lmao

Vinylman
12-20-2018, 01:42 PM

he could help but what would Cleveland want back... they aren't an easy match trade wise would they take Solomon Hill's deal and a young guy or protected first? Is that really worth it for either side?

They are probably waiting until payton gets back before making any moves. I think he gets back around the first week of January

smith&wesson
12-20-2018, 02:36 PM

He is a phenom absolutely. Do you think playing with LeBron it could have a Bosh/Love type of effect in Davis ??

ewing
12-20-2018, 03:39 PM
He is a phenom absolutely. Do you think playing with LeBron it could have a Bosh/Love type of effect in Davis ??

I don't think so. this numbers would go down some but I don't think he would shrink as a weapon. he is a guy that doesn't really have to work for this shots. He has a great touch and release and he finds open spaces really well. Sometimes it almost like he is the big man version of Klay Thompson when Klay is on fire. He will hit mid range J after mid range J without ever needing a dribble. He is a hell of a scorer

smith&wesson
12-20-2018, 03:57 PM
I don't think so. this numbers would go down some but I don't think he would shrink as a weapon. he is a guy that doesn't really have to work for this shots. He has a great touch and release and he finds open spaces really well. Sometimes it almost like he is the big man version of Klay Thompson when Klay is on fire. He will hit mid range J after mid range J without ever needing a dribble. He is a hell of a scorer

Funny you mention Thompson, he would be the perfect 3rd piece to a LeBron/Davis tandem imo. Probably wonít be able to pry him from the Warriors but he would be the perfect fit.

GREATNESS ONE
12-20-2018, 08:56 PM
Funny you mention Thompson, he would be the perfect 3rd piece to a LeBron/Davis tandem imo. Probably wonít be able to pry him from the Warriors but he would be the perfect fit.

Lonzo Ball. Would be the perfect 3...

smith&wesson
12-20-2018, 11:25 PM

If you have LeBron and Davis wouldnít you want a sniper to compliment them ? Ball is a good young player I donít see him being the 3rd best player of a championship team yet.

Cracka2HI!
12-21-2018, 12:02 AM
The Clippers could put together a pretty good package, still have enough left to compete this year and maintain cap space for another max player in the off-season. Tobias Harris, Montrezl Harrell and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander. It pains me to even type up a scenario giving up those players. You'd only do it for a guy like Davis. The NBA trade machine would probably say the Pelicans win the trade but you can't put Harrell in yet. They win the trade with Lou Williams in there instead of Harrell. Both teams would probably prefer Harrell included instead of Lou. I think the Pelicans would prefer to get all of the Lakers or Celtics young players but I doubt either team will go that far to get him. The Clippers may be able to make the best offer if they don't. I'd really like their team;

PF Davis
SF Gallinari
C Gortat
SG Bradley
PG Beverley

SG Williams
PF Scott
SG Wallace
PG Teodosic
SF M'bah a Moute
C Bobi
SG Robinson
SG Thornwell

Davis would play Center most of the time, Gallinari would play a lot of the 4.

LaVar Ball
12-21-2018, 01:58 AM

Kuz bruh

Tg11
12-21-2018, 07:46 AM
Davis to the Clippers is another intriguing option

valade16
12-21-2018, 01:04 PM

This is only because Thompson would be a "perfect" third option on virtually any team. But if he leaves GS, I doubt it's to go play 3rd fiddle somewhere else. The only way I see him leaving GS is if he decides he wants a bigger role.

Tg11
12-21-2018, 01:21 PM
This is only because Thompson would be a "perfect" third option on virtually any team. But if he leaves GS, I doubt it's to go play 3rd fiddle somewhere else. The only way I see him leaving GS is if he decides he wants a bigger role.

Klay can easily be a #1 option on any team really especially a team who has cap space but then again Klay has basically been a product of the GSW system so I can't see him leaving

valade16
12-21-2018, 01:32 PM
Klay can easily be a #1 option on any team really especially a team who has cap space but then again Klay has basically been a product of the GSW system so I can't see him leaving

I think he can be a team's #1 scorer sure but if he wants to be the best player on a good team I think it's imperative he has a ball handling guard next to him who can create, as I don't know if Klay can create at the level needed for a top player on a top team.

Redrum187
12-21-2018, 03:15 PM
Dallas will have enough for 2 max contracts next off-season while retaining Harrison Barnes, Luka Doncic, Dennis Smith Jr., Dwight Powell, and Jalen Brunson. I don't want Durant to turn Luka into a vagina, but that would be fun as hell to watch...

PG: Dennis Smith Jr
SG: Luka Doncic
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Harrison Barnes
C: Anthony Davis

Durant would be the oldest at 31 years. Luka would be the leader since Durant clearly is more of a follower.

Heediot
12-21-2018, 03:53 PM
Dallas will have enough for 2 max contracts next off-season while retaining Harrison Barnes, Luka Doncic, Dennis Smith Jr., Dwight Powell, and Jalen Brunson. I don't want Durant to turn Luka into a vagina, but that would be fun as hell to watch...

Durant would be the oldest at 31 years. Luka would be the leader since Durant clearly is more of a follower.

you could package branes and smith jr for a 4th star and just get another 3-d guy to round up the starting 5.

ewing
12-21-2018, 04:01 PM

How is Brunson? He looks so much like his Dad and I'm like his Dad's age that it freaks me out

GREATNESS ONE
12-21-2018, 04:21 PM

No RR.

THE MTL
12-22-2018, 03:08 PM
Lebron turns every big man he plays with into a stretch 4 who's only job it is to sit in the corner and hit threes. I don't know if that's the best move for Anthony Davis

Redrum187
12-22-2018, 05:17 PM
How is Brunson? He looks so much like his Dad and I'm like his Dad's age that it freaks me out

He's pretty composed for a rookie. Pretty good for a 2nd round pick. His shooting needs work but he is aggressive to the rim. Not bad defensively. I'm sure with more time he'd be more consistent, but Barea has been balling this season so he doesn't get that much time.

Redrum187
12-22-2018, 06:05 PM
you could package branes and smith jr for a 4th star and just get another 3-d guy to round up the starting 5.

I would love it if the Mavs traded Harrison Barnes + Dennis Smith Jr + Wes Matthews (expiring) for Malcolm Brogdon + Khris Middleton + filler. I don't know if the Bucks would accept. Or hell, the Mavs don't have a chance to win this year and Deandre Jordan is 30+, DJ + Barnes for Middleton + Brogdon. The Bucks would be loaded and the Mavericks would be set up with younger guys.

PG: Malcolm Brogdon
SG: Wes Matthews
SF: Khris Middleton
PF: Luka Doncic
C: Dwight Powell

GREATNESS ONE
12-22-2018, 06:40 PM
Lebron turns every big man he plays with into a stretch 4 who's only job it is to sit in the corner and hit threes. I don't know if that's the best move for Anthony Davis

Lmfao...

ewing
12-22-2018, 07:19 PM
Lmfao...

There is truth to his statement. I think LeBronís improved j, the pace the Lakers play with, and AD skill would make thing a little if it happened. Honestly I think it would work well

GREATNESS ONE
12-22-2018, 07:52 PM
There is truth to his statement. I think LeBronís improved j, the pace the Lakers play with, and AD skill would make thing a little if it happened. Honestly I think it would work well

Lebron has never played with a player like AD... it would be beautiful for the reasons you stated but damn that PnR... would be unstoppable..

IKnowHoops
12-22-2018, 10:03 PM
Sorry but Kobe, Westbrook, Ai, Harden, Rookie Mitchell just did it too and i am sure i miss a few. You said playoffs. I always wonder why guys like Love, Davis, Cousins etc just cant carry a team to playoffs. Pelican have a decent team but they just cant stay healthy. Davis goes to the locker room like every game.

Ok carry to a top 2 seed

Tg11
12-23-2018, 05:07 AM
I wouldn't even be shocked or surprised if AD did stay in New Orleans and signed a supermax

IndyRealist
12-23-2018, 07:06 AM
I wouldn't even be shocked or surprised if AD did stay in New Orleans and signed a supermax

Most players stay where they already know the coaches, the city, the system. They get more money and they're already comfortable there. Despite what the media will tell you, marquee players leaving in free agency is not the norm. That's why it's so valuable to trade for the players you want.

Tg11
12-23-2018, 07:42 AM
Most players stay where they already know the coaches, the city, the system. They get more money and they're already comfortable there. Despite what the media will tell you, marquee players leaving in free agency is not the norm. That's why it's so valuable to trade for the players you want.

Exactly so if Davis is a homer and he decides to stay in New Orleans much like Giannis wanting to stay in Milwaukee then I commend Davis if he does stay in New Orleans and signs a super max but it is more of a storyline if he leaves

Chronz
12-23-2018, 09:11 AM

He said he prefers legacy to money. He wants a legit chance, very similar to bron when he was toiling away in Cleveland. Both already stayed far longer than most in similar situations

GREATNESS ONE
12-23-2018, 11:20 AM

Dude youíre waaaaaaaayyyyy off on almost every topic..

buckalis
12-25-2018, 05:53 AM
Three things that the Pelicans will want as to trade Davis:

1. They'll want to create the cap space needed, so that they'll extend Randle and resign Mirotic, but to be able to keep the team together financially in the long term.
2. They'll want to end up with a more effective team than they now have, which means that they'll want to add a starting SF, but also to add depth in SG/SF and to have back a "big" so that they can back up Mirotic and Randle...
3. They'll want to add and move Solomon Hill with Davis, so that they add more cap space, but have Davis closer to his real value too...

zookman65
12-26-2018, 01:40 AM
Anthony Davis will pair nicely with Luka in Dallas.

Tg11
12-26-2018, 07:49 AM
If assuming the Mavericks can land Davis but I can see AD going out East to go to the Eastern Conference and if he were to do that think about it he could dominate the East if that happens depending on what Eastern Conference squad he were to end up on

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-26-2018, 01:53 PM
I would love it if the Mavs traded Harrison Barnes + Dennis Smith Jr + Wes Matthews (expiring) for Malcolm Brogdon + Khris Middleton + filler. I don't know if the Bucks would accept. Or hell, the Mavs don't have a chance to win this year and Deandre Jordan is 30+, DJ + Barnes for Middleton + Brogdon. The Bucks would be loaded and the Mavericks would be set up with younger guys.

PG: Malcolm Brogdon
SG: Wes Matthews
SF: Khris Middleton
PF: Luka Doncic
C: Dwight Powell

Matthews in the trade or not? You got him in your starting line up yet. Also Brogdon more of a SG. To slow to cover speedy PG's. If its Barnes,Matthews,Smith JR for Middleton and Brogdon Bucks dont have much for salary fillers other then newly acquired expiring Hill and Snell. Since as of now Matthews,Barnes,Smith for Middleton and Brogdon is $46.5M coming to the Bucks and Bucks only sending out $14.5M. ESPN trade machine says Middleton,Brogdon,Hill,Snell for Mathews,Barnes,Smith JR doesn't work cause of newly traded Hill. But I believe he can be packaged later at trade deadline or near it. We beat the grace period doing the trade early that day before the office closed. So my trade idea would work. But I wouldn't do it. We give out the best players.

Redrum187
12-26-2018, 10:42 PM
Matthews in the trade or not? You got him in your starting line up yet. Also Brogdon more of a SG. To slow to cover speedy PG's. If its Barnes,Matthews,Smith JR for Middleton and Brogdon Bucks dont have much for salary fillers other then newly acquired expiring Hill and Snell. Since as of now Matthews,Barnes,Smith for Middleton and Brogdon is $46.5M coming to the Bucks and Bucks only sending out $14.5M. ESPN trade machine says Middleton,Brogdon,Hill,Snell for Mathews,Barnes,Smith JR doesn't work cause of newly traded Hill. But I believe he can be packaged later at trade deadline or near it. We beat the grace period doing the trade early that day before the office closed. So my trade idea would work. But I wouldn't do it. We give out the best players.

I posted the team with the 2nd trade proposal of DJ + Barnes for Middleton + Brogdon (Mavs keep Wes Matthews). As for the filler, yeah that could be a problem. As for "better players", that's debateable. Khris Middleton is a great player, but Barnes (41% 3 point shooter this season) as a replacement and DJ anchoring the defense, the Bucks would be in position to compete for a ship now. I think it could be worth it for both sides.

IKnowHoops
12-26-2018, 11:03 PM
If assuming the Mavericks can land Davis but I can see AD going out East to go to the Eastern Conference and if he were to do that think about it he could dominate the East if that happens depending on what Eastern Conference squad he were to end up on

If he goes east he should go to the sizers after they drop Jimmy. Heíd look awesome out there with Embiid and Simmons.

Tg11
12-27-2018, 08:36 AM
If he goes east he should go to the sizers after they drop Jimmy. Heíd look awesome out there with Embiid and Simmons.

Or in the East Anthony Davis could go to teams like the Knicks, Heat, Pistons, Celtics, or even the Raptors

buckalis
12-27-2018, 09:43 AM
Three things that the Pelicans will want as to trade Davis:

1. They'll want to create the cap space needed, so that they'll extend Randle and resign Mirotic, but to be able to keep the team together financially in the long term.
2. They'll want to end up with a more effective team than they now have, which means that they'll want to add a starting SF, but also to add depth in SG/SF and to have back a "big" so that they can back up Mirotic and Randle...
3. They'll want to add and move Solomon Hill with Davis, so that they add more cap space, but have Davis closer to his real value too...

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-30-2018, 10:13 AM

Tg11
12-30-2018, 10:14 AM

I could definitely see my Celtics...definitely see us doin this to get AD

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-30-2018, 10:35 AM
I could definitely see my Celtics...definitely see us doin this to get AD

Has to be next summer though. Unless Irving and Tatum for AD is the deal this year. Pelicans can trade Irving to like Suns for a haul as well. Since they got Holiday on Pelicans.