PDA

View Full Version : Ariza traded to Washington, Oubre to Memphis, Rivers/others to Phoenix

Cracka2HI!
12-14-2018, 11:46 PM
Woj. Sounds like 2nd round picks going to Washington.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25536887/trevor-ariza-trade-washington-wizards-phoenix-suns

Cracka2HI!
12-14-2018, 11:48 PM
Surprising deal considering what we've been hearing. I guess Washington is trying to save their season. The Lakers must not have had a 1st Round pick on the table for Ariza. Phoenix doesn't seem to get much for Ariza and Memphis hits a home run.

Giannis94
12-14-2018, 11:53 PM
Poor Dwight.

Giannis94
12-14-2018, 11:54 PM
Surprising deal considering what we've been hearing. I guess Washington is trying to save their season. The Lakers must not have had a 1st Round pick on the table for Ariza. Phoenix doesn't seem to get much for Ariza and Memphis hits a home run.
Pretty sure they owe at least one to Orlando and possibly someone else? Not sure what they can offer. That and the player they trade the first for would have to be cool with lebron.

kdspurman
12-14-2018, 11:54 PM
Welp

kdspurman
12-14-2018, 11:56 PM

kdspurman
12-15-2018, 12:06 AM

PAOboston
12-15-2018, 12:08 AM
Hahahahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giannis94
12-15-2018, 12:08 AM

Lol this is so Phoenix. Props to Memphis for trying to pull a fast one.

bucketss
12-15-2018, 12:09 AM
Lol!

kdspurman
12-15-2018, 12:10 AM

Cracka2HI!
12-15-2018, 12:14 AM
This can be what happens when trade talks unfold in the media? They didn't know which Brooks? I think the even crazier part than that would be that the trade actually fell apart because of which Brooks it was. Does it really matter which marginal role player named Brooks it was?

Driven
12-15-2018, 12:31 AM
I donít know why the suns or the wizards would do that deal anyways lol. Suns could probably get more elsewhere, and why are the wizards taking on Ariza?

Scoots
12-15-2018, 01:02 AM
So which one did they WANT? Marshon or Dillon?

Storch
12-15-2018, 01:33 AM
I donít know why the suns or the wizards would do that deal anyways lol. Suns could probably get more elsewhere, and why are the wizards taking on Ariza?

Salary dump

Saddletramp
12-15-2018, 02:26 AM
Salary dump

Oubre and Rivers make basically the same as Ariza and Rivers is a UFA next year, just like Ariza. Oubre has a $4 million qualifying offer for next year. Try again.

More-Than-Most
12-15-2018, 07:01 AM
wizarda dodged a bullet.

More-Than-Most
12-15-2018, 07:02 AM
ariza would be good for any legit contender... Hell I would love him on the sixers... for a team like the wizards its moronic.

Heediot
12-15-2018, 08:07 AM
ariza would be good for any legit contender... Hell I would love him on the sixers... for a team like the wizards its moronic.

They know what they are getting with Ariza as he had arguably his best season there at one point. He is a seasoned vet/playoff guy and a good locker room presence. In the top loaded east, there is still a chance to sneak in. They could even upset a team like the Pacers if the chips lineup their way.

Wiz fans say owner cares more about making playoffs/loot vs. tanking.

More-Than-Most
12-15-2018, 08:24 AM
They know what they are getting with Ariza as he had arguably his best season there at one point. He is a seasoned vet/playoff guy and a good locker room presence. In the top loaded east, there is still a chance to sneak in. They could even upset a team like the Pacers if the chips lineup their way.

he could def help them make the playoffs but i just dont see the point in a league where a Durant goes to the stacked warriors or a cousins signs with the stacked warriors... It sucks to tank but unless you are a top contender its just not smart right now to try and win without young pieces and the wizards dont have young high upside guys anymore like they did at one point... If you are a young team with amazing potential or a legit contender then yea you make a trade for a guy that has a chance to get you over the hump some... In a league as broken as the NBA where a guy like Durant can go to arguably the best team ever or a guy like cousins who is a top 10 player can sign for what he did to join the legit best team ever is broken.. there is no middle ground... all team not in the elite or good with high potential players should tank period and the wizards are in that area where they should trade away players for a haul and get top of the line draft picks because of how broken the NBA is... People think i give the sixers a pass for their tanking because I am a fan... Not true at all... once the nba became a game where top players want to run and ease their way into a championship with other top players the ability to tank became a necessity ... No team is gonna join the bucks without giannis or the pacers without a star or the thunder without a star.. their all gonna go for the top city teams with the top players to get an easy championship so signing or trading for players just to be stuck in limbo is stupid and ********.. People get on the sixers for tanking but guess what the sixers tried to hang with the big boys and try to win without a star for a decade... they made trades where luck took a **** on them left and right and it failed because this isnt a league anymore where the detroit pistons out of nowhere can topple a kobe/shaq led lakers.

The sixers tanked for like 4 or 5 seasons but did so with a middle finger to the NBA... The lakers tanked for 4 seasons but because the sixers tanked that gets ignored... Do you want to know how the lakers tanked worked out? They just got the best player in the world and now have the ability to trade their tank pieces for an anothony davis while being able to sign another star... The NBA is broken and the best route if you arent a contender with young talent with high potential is to tank period. The wizards need to trade away their guys and restart because they are wasting years by being in limbo because of how moronic the NBA is.

All the **** gets put on the tanking team when the **** should be on the top teams that gain super star players because every superstar wants the easy road to a championship now and to be fair I dont blame those players because the end all be all for top players is championships over being amazing and its stupid.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-15-2018, 09:06 AM

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-15-2018, 09:32 AM

Chronz
12-15-2018, 09:59 AM
Is marshon finally fulfilling his potential as a poor man's swaggy p

Dec 15 right on the dot tho

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-15-2018, 10:20 AM
So Wizards want a salary dump trade? Maybe January 15 Bucks can re-flip Hill and pieces for Beal. :D

IndyRealist
12-15-2018, 10:36 AM

It's almost like the Wizards are looking for veteran leadership to control their locker room....

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-15-2018, 01:02 PM

c.c.
12-15-2018, 01:11 PM
Thatís what he gets lol. Should of signed with the Rockets for 7-10 million in the off season.

Swift Game
12-15-2018, 01:19 PM
Thatís what he gets lol. Should of signed with the Rockets for 7-10 million in the off season.Anyone in their right midmind isnt giving up 5 to 8 million up when they are reaching the end of decent contract offers...lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

tp13baby
12-15-2018, 01:24 PM
These 2 franchises.....lol

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-15-2018, 02:02 PM
Suns like to collect wings or what? Jackson,Bridges,Oubre,King. Also getting pg Rivers. Guess Suns pg hunt is over right?

c.c.
12-15-2018, 02:42 PM
Anyone in their right midmind isnt giving up 5 to 8 million up when they are reaching the end of decent contract offers...lol.

You gotta sacrifice if you wanna win and have stability.

Now he gotta pack all his stuff and move back to freezing DC against his own will. Then he probably be coming off the bench.

Driven
12-15-2018, 02:52 PM
If you have Ariza at playing with the suns and wizards for $15 or with the rockets at a significant discount, he would have chose the wizards and suns. He knew heíd get traded when he signed with the Suns anyways

Driven
12-15-2018, 02:55 PM
Also DC is not freezing haha. I think heíll be able to survive 45-50 degree weather for a couple of months.

But I still donít really understand this trade for either team. What are the wizards options with Ariza? I assume they canít trade him at all? What are their options should they decide to cut him for whatever reason?

Cracka2HI!
12-15-2018, 03:04 PM
Much better trade for Phoenix. I must way overrate Oubre cause I think he's by far the most valuable piece in this trade. Maybe Ariza still brings more to the table for a contender but I can't even see Ariza matching Oubre's production in Washington. Unless we're talking about those super high leverage playoff type situation's on defense I'm not even sure if Ariza is a huge upgrade over Oubre on that end either. It seems like Memphis is a HUGE loser here. I think Oubre would have been a GREAT fit there. I can't believe they wouldn't give up Dillon Brooks. Everyone was LOLing hard at Phoenix and Washington but I think Memphis really looks like fools here. Maybe they are the team that didn't know which Brooks they had. Like they both are barely NBA caliber players.

zadora5
12-15-2018, 03:20 PM
The suns definitely won this trade

BKLYNpigeon
12-15-2018, 04:07 PM
Oubre's value isnt high since hes a FA next season.

Heediot
12-15-2018, 04:28 PM
Anyone in their right midmind isnt giving up 5 to 8 million up when they are reaching the end of decent contract offers...lol.

Timmy, Dirk, Pau... Bibby and David West gave up some loot to ring chase too. Some others i forgot.

Vinylman
12-15-2018, 04:39 PM
Really disappointing as a Lakers fan as I was hoping Washington would become sellers early and we could get Green for a second and filler.

I still think both him and Ariza could get traded again before the deadline. Pretty weird trade in that a team that has had Oubre forever is basically giving up on him... If Phoenix signs him to a big deal I think they will regret it. Think about it they will have booker and Oubre on big deals...

YUCK!

Swift Game
12-16-2018, 12:48 AM
If you have Ariza at playing with the suns and wizards for $15 or with the rockets at a significant discount, he would have chose the wizards and suns. He knew heíd get traded when he signed with the Suns anyways

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWell said. Rings are nice, but guys that have already made a ton of money may sacrifice some for a title shot. Ariza still may get another decent contract based on how teams have over paid as of late.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-18-2018, 08:52 AM
Rivers getting bought out.

Vinylman
12-18-2018, 09:37 AM
Rivers getting bought out.

not surprised... Sarver would sell his own children to save a buck... easily the cheapest mother****er in the NBA

warfelg
12-18-2018, 09:50 AM
not surprised... Sarver would sell his own children to save a buck... easily the cheapest mother****er in the NBA

I find it hilarious that now Silver says he doesnít feel itís his position to intervene in team affairs after what he did to the Sixers.

Vinylman
12-18-2018, 09:59 AM
I find it hilarious that now Silver says he doesnít feel itís his position to intervene in team affairs after what he did to the Sixers.

actually if he really believes it its a good thing because it would mean he learned from his mistake. Unfortunately, I don't think that is the case.

but the hypocrisy is rich

warfelg
12-18-2018, 10:34 AM
actually if he really believes it its a good thing because it would mean he learned from his mistake. Unfortunately, I don't think that is the case.

but the hypocrisy is rich

My issue is the Sixers actually had a plan to improve. People joke about it but Hinkie wouldnít have intentionally stayed that bad that long. Starver has no intention of that. His salaries fit under the cap. Heís trying to get the city and state to pay for everything. Heís literally getting everyone else to pay for everything so he can sell and make a major profit.

Vinylman
12-18-2018, 10:44 AM
My issue is the Sixers actually had a plan to improve. People joke about it but Hinkie wouldnít have intentionally stayed that bad that long. Starver has no intention of that. His salaries fit under the cap. Heís trying to get the city and state to pay for everything. Heís literally getting everyone else to pay for everything so he can sell and make a major profit.

oh yeah... I agree on Philly plus I have always thought Colangelo was an overrated POS. He basically created a job for himself by appealing to Silver.

Sarver is just on another plain when it comes to the money... I was actually surprised he didn't get Washington to send him money in that deal. He is always about the cash in trades

Scoots
12-18-2018, 10:48 AM

I got the impression that it wasn't Silver but some of the other owners who did it to the Sixers owner who caved.

Heediot
12-18-2018, 01:09 PM
Not surprising about Rivers struggling without pa and a shorter leash. Wiz gave him all the chance in the world.

IndyRealist
12-18-2018, 01:31 PM
Not surprising about Rivers struggling without pa and a shorter leash. Wiz gave him all the chance in the world.

That implies that there was a time where Rivers didn't struggle. There have been times in his career where he was LITERALLY the worst player in the league, in that not only was he bad but he got a ton of minutes to compound the error.

Heediot
12-18-2018, 01:39 PM
That implies that there was a time where Rivers didn't struggle. There have been times in his career where he was LITERALLY the worst player in the league, in that not only was he bad but he got a ton of minutes to compound the error.

I should have said exposed further.

Chronz
12-18-2018, 04:02 PM

It austin tho bro. Dude can't help them

Chronz
12-18-2018, 04:07 PM
I can't tell you how many fans talked **** to austin. I know for a fact he's heard fans ask him about why hes up in the rafters covering up laker chips. Dude wasn't even starting and definitely not one of our best players, it was nepotism to the fullest.

But some clipper fans fell in love with his iso 3 and bloody nose game

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-19-2018, 10:27 AM
Shams mentions Grizzlies will sign Rivers.

Heediot
12-19-2018, 12:07 PM
Shams mentions Grizzlies will sign Rivers.

should've signed melo and trade Jamychal green for backcourt help. team lacks offense and shot creators, i think that's 1 team can can use melo's style.

Rivera
12-19-2018, 12:19 PM
miller high life posted the wrong shams account :laugh:

Scoots
12-19-2018, 12:30 PM
miller high life posted the wrong shams account :laugh:

Chams :laugh:

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-19-2018, 01:12 PM
Wow just noticed. Good catch.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-19-2018, 01:15 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/austin-rivers-free-agency-news-veteran-expected-to-sign-with-grizzlies-other-teams-still-interested-per-report/

Still mentioned Rivers may end up with Grizzlies per the real Shams any way. Weird how a fake account ended up on my timeline. But following a few people. They just have to like it then ends up on my timeline anyway.

Rivera
12-19-2018, 01:24 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/austin-rivers-free-agency-news-veteran-expected-to-sign-with-grizzlies-other-teams-still-interested-per-report/

Still mentioned Rivers may end up with Grizzlies per the real Shams any way. Weird how a fake account ended up on my timeline. But following a few people. They just have to like it then ends up on my timeline anyway.

i had to do it lol, lucky that looks like a copy/paste shams account so your info looks legit. Just found it funny you accidentally posted the fake shams lol

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-19-2018, 01:29 PM
i had to do it lol, lucky that looks like a copy/paste shams account so your info looks legit. Just found it funny you accidentally posted the fake shams lol

No biggie. At least I never posted the fake WOJ account here years ago.

Heediot
12-23-2018, 04:22 PM
lol @ signing rivers and cutting melo. they made him the scapegoat and cut him prematurely, now they sign even worse inefficient ballers.