PDA

View Full Version : Video Evidence May Show That LaMarcus Aldridge Tries To Injure Players

More-Than-Most
12-10-2018, 05:55 PM
Witch hunt? Where was this when Zaza was doing his ****? If this is actually accurate what could the league do?

https://fadeawayworld.net/2018/12/08/video-evidence-may-show-that-lamarcus-aldridge-tries-to-injure-players/

kobe4thewinbang
12-10-2018, 06:00 PM
I'm not convinced. It's the same motion every time.
That first clip, it's more like Simmons getting in Curry's way.
That Durant play, there's literally no contact whatsoever.
I also can't get the Ingram or LeBron clips to even play, so...
And hey, if he were to injure Curry or Durant, I wouldn't be mad.
Now, Patrick Beverley is a whole nutha story! That dude dirtier than a...
Also, like you said the Pachulia incident is far worse cuz he literally drove into Kawhi
in the corner which is literally the tightest area of the court due to fans and boundaries.

Lakers + Giants
12-10-2018, 06:14 PM
It cost us Ingram and I'm not even an Ingram fan.

Hope the worst for the Spurs.

ewing
12-10-2018, 10:47 PM
Defenders shouldnt even contest anymore. They should just say “boo”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoots
12-11-2018, 01:15 AM
Witch hunt? Where was this when Zaza was doing his ****? If this is actually accurate what could the league do?

https://fadeawayworld.net/2018/12/08/video-evidence-may-show-that-lamarcus-aldridge-tries-to-injure-players/

People were pointing out Aldridge doing it in the same game Zaza did it to Kawhi.

Not new info.

FlashBolt
12-11-2018, 02:12 AM
The difference is Zaza has a history of being dirty and that's why he was called for it. Aldridge isn't dirty and believe me, I hate the guy.

IndyRealist
12-11-2018, 09:46 AM
He's a poor shot blocker without much vertical, so he has to get in close and stand straight up to contest wirh his length. Looks neither dirty nor intentional.

Scoots
12-11-2018, 09:47 AM
The difference is Zaza has a history of being dirty and that's why he was called for it. Aldridge isn't dirty and believe me, I hate the guy.

Nah. It was just that Zaza injured the opposing star player in a playoff game. It's a typical NBA response to a public outcry, they make a toothless rule to make people think they are doing something and then they don't enforce it.

warfelg
12-11-2018, 09:54 AM
Nah. It was just that Zaza injured the opposing star player in a playoff game. It's a typical NBA response to a public outcry, they make a toothless rule to make people think they are doing something and then they don't enforce it.

That’s not the difference. Lol.

The different is LMA is very sly about what he’s doing. He just slides his foot to a different angle.

Zara looks like a bumbling incompetent fool when he’s playing dirty and doesn’t hide it at all.

I bet LMA has the reputation within players, but he doesn’t outside of it because of the way he’s doing it. In fact most of the dirtiest players in all sports are the ones least likely to be seen as one. For years with my Steelers it was James Harrison and Hines Ward that got the rap, but players said James Farrior and Alan Fanaca were the ones you had to watch out for because they know how to make a dirty play look like a normal play.

kdspurman
12-11-2018, 11:00 AM
It cost us Ingram and I'm not even an Ingram fan.

Hope the worst for the Spurs.

The worst has already happened sir

Scoots
12-11-2018, 01:45 PM
That’s not the difference. Lol.

The different is LMA is very sly about what he’s doing. He just slides his foot to a different angle.

Zara looks like a bumbling incompetent fool when he’s playing dirty and doesn’t hide it at all.

I bet LMA has the reputation within players, but he doesn’t outside of it because of the way he’s doing it. In fact most of the dirtiest players in all sports are the ones least likely to be seen as one. For years with my Steelers it was James Harrison and Hines Ward that got the rap, but players said James Farrior and Alan Fanaca were the ones you had to watch out for because they know how to make a dirty play look like a normal play.

LMA was doing it in the game Zaza did it and continue for the rest of the series. It's just the way he plays, and it's not just him, several bigs in the league do it regularly.

Zaza would have had a foul called on him, but it wouldn't have been ANYWHERE NEAR the big deal it was if Kawhi didn't get knocked out of the series from it.

ewing
12-11-2018, 01:59 PM
The worst has already happened sir

Ha! You are spoiled!

FlashBolt
12-11-2018, 03:46 PM
LMA was doing it in the game Zaza did it and continue for the rest of the series. It's just the way he plays, and it's not just him, several bigs in the league do it regularly.

Zaza would have had a foul called on him, but it wouldn't have been ANYWHERE NEAR the big deal it was if Kawhi didn't get knocked out of the series from it.

You're wrong. I don't care about that lone Kawhi play. One play doesn't make you dirty. It's a consistent act of dirty plays from numerous methods by Zaza which made everyone upset. LMA, as someone already stated, seems to have a terrible vertical and has to slide his feet to avoid causing a foul. Like I said, have you been able to find LMA being a dirty player outside of these plays? Yes, they happen a lot. Players with terrible verticals and poor body control playing 36 minutes per game are going to be involved with these plays often - especially when they are guarding players on the perimeter because it's not something they can close out as well compared to other guards. Zaza pulled players to the ground via jerseys, their arms, legs, trips them, etc., so there is validity to him being a dirty player versus LMA who looks like he wouldn't even hurt a fly.

Scoots
12-13-2018, 05:37 PM
You're wrong. I don't care about that lone Kawhi play. One play doesn't make you dirty. It's a consistent act of dirty plays from numerous methods by Zaza which made everyone upset. LMA, as someone already stated, seems to have a terrible vertical and has to slide his feet to avoid causing a foul. Like I said, have you been able to find LMA being a dirty player outside of these plays? Yes, they happen a lot. Players with terrible verticals and poor body control playing 36 minutes per game are going to be involved with these plays often - especially when they are guarding players on the perimeter because it's not something they can close out as well compared to other guards. Zaza pulled players to the ground via jerseys, their arms, legs, trips them, etc., so there is validity to him being a dirty player versus LMA who looks like he wouldn't even hurt a fly.

I didn't say anything about "dirty". I just said I think Zaza's play was blown out of proportion because Kawhi got hurt. Had Kawhi not landed on his foot nothing would have come of it at all. Then after Kawhi got hurt fans and Pop made a huge deal about how it's such an abnormal move which was and is just plain false. The NBA made a new "rule clarification" which was promptly ignored because their intent was to make people feel better while they knew it was not just Zaza doing it.

IKnowHoops
12-13-2018, 08:29 PM
I didn't say anything about "dirty". I just said I think Zaza's play was blown out of proportion because Kawhi got hurt. Had Kawhi not landed on his foot nothing would have come of it at all. Then after Kawhi got hurt fans and Pop made a huge deal about how it's such an abnormal move which was and is just plain false. The NBA made a new "rule clarification" which was promptly ignored because their intent was to make people feel better while they knew it was not just Zaza doing it.

The lifeless body fall on Westbrook’s legs was beyond obvious. Zaza is dirty af

FlashBolt
12-13-2018, 08:31 PM

"Had Kawhi not landed on his foot." But Kawhi did land on his foot and Zaza took quite an inappropriate step forward almost as to close the distance between himself and Kawhi. The reason it was blown out of proportion is exactly due to Zaza's reputation. If Duncan does it, what do you think the reaction is? "Unfortunate play." But because it's Zaza, there has to be more of an emphasis due to his character and history. When you hear Pop speak after the game, he pretty much says Zaza has a history of being dirty. Also, if you look at the play again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgafSrBASvQ

Kawhi was shooting a fadeaway. He created enough space to land safely and away from someone closing in. It's not like Kawhi is landing straight down. The dude is probably at least one foot away from his original standing spot. His foot was within the three to being past the three point line. Zaza's unnecessary and large step forward was simply a play that was abnormal. Stepping into it a little is fine. When you're literally double stepping into it with a huge leap, you're basically irresponsible or dirty. In either case, Zaza shouldn't be in the league. If you're a clumsy person and work in an environment where you can endanger others, it's your responsibility to correct it before someone gets hurt.

cmellofan15
12-13-2018, 11:33 PM
LMAO so now the Zaza play was overblown because he was successful? If only he was worse at intentionally trying to hurt other players, then we'd see all this stuff crystal clear

Scoots
12-14-2018, 10:42 AM
The lifeless body fall on Westbrook’s legs was beyond obvious. Zaza is dirty af

Again, I didn't say anything about Zaza being dirty or not. My point was that if Kawhi doesn't get hurt nothing ever comes of it.

Scoots
12-14-2018, 10:43 AM
"Had Kawhi not landed on his foot." But Kawhi did land on his foot and Zaza took quite an inappropriate step forward almost as to close the distance between himself and Kawhi. The reason it was blown out of proportion is exactly due to Zaza's reputation. If Duncan does it, what do you think the reaction is? "Unfortunate play." But because it's Zaza, there has to be more of an emphasis due to his character and history. When you hear Pop speak after the game, he pretty much says Zaza has a history of being dirty. Also, if you look at the play again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgafSrBASvQ

Kawhi was shooting a fadeaway. He created enough space to land safely and away from someone closing in. It's not like Kawhi is landing straight down. The dude is probably at least one foot away from his original standing spot. His foot was within the three to being past the three point line. Zaza's unnecessary and large step forward was simply a play that was abnormal. Stepping into it a little is fine. When you're literally double stepping into it with a huge leap, you're basically irresponsible or dirty. In either case, Zaza shouldn't be in the league. If you're a clumsy person and work in an environment where you can endanger others, it's your responsibility to correct it before someone gets hurt.

I didn't say anything about Zaza being dirty or not, my point was that it was a big deal because of the injury not because of Zaza putting his foot there since that was common (and for players other than Zaza) before and after that event.

Scoots
12-14-2018, 10:45 AM
LMAO so now the Zaza play was overblown because he was successful? If only he was worse at intentionally trying to hurt other players, then we'd see all this stuff crystal clear

It's common for the NBA to react to player behavior only when the public gets heated about it, and much like with flopping, the NBA makes a holllow "change" to get the public narrative to move on and it works.

Wrigheyes4MVP
12-14-2018, 12:00 PM
I don't buy any of it as dirty

Scoots
12-14-2018, 02:36 PM
I don't buy any of it as dirty

It's always dirty if a player moves under a player in the air. It may not be done with an intent to injure, but it is dirty.

valade16
12-14-2018, 02:47 PM
I do admit as a Blazer fan I get a certain small sense of satisfaction at seeing the Spurs fall from grace with LMA. Serves him right for leaving Portland. He'd have definitely had a better shot at a title with him, Lillard, McCollum than currently.

kdspurman
12-14-2018, 02:53 PM
I do admit as a Blazer fan I get a certain small sense of satisfaction at seeing the Spurs fall from grace with LMA. Serves him right for leaving Portland. He'd have definitely had a better shot at a title with him, Lillard, McCollum than currently.

As we sit 1 game back behind Portland in the L column :) And he's been playing much better the last few weeks

If Murray wasn't injured, it's a completely different team.

Wrigheyes4MVP
12-14-2018, 04:38 PM
It's always dirty if a player moves under a player in the air. It may not be done with an intent to injure, but it is dirty.

It's only dirty if done intentionally. I don't think it is. These are bigs who don't have the best agility when it comes to jumping and going out to contest shots.

valade16
12-14-2018, 04:43 PM
As we sit 1 game back behind Portland in the L column :) And he's been playing much better the last few weeks

If Murray wasn't injured, it's a completely different team.

Yeah 1 game back with LMA while we are without, doubt we'd still be close if you guys didn't have LMA and we did.

kdspurman
12-14-2018, 05:04 PM
Yeah 1 game back with LMA while we are without, doubt we'd still be close if you guys didn't have LMA and we did.

(i guess it was more of a response to your fall from grace comment with him) But yea, with Murray out we don't really know the potential of this team. LMA has had to do a lot more defensively cause of his injury. Idk if Portland would be better off or not with him than the Spurs. Different make up of personnel that do different things well

IKnowHoops
12-14-2018, 06:24 PM
Again, I didn't say anything about Zaza being dirty or not. My point was that if Kawhi doesn't get hurt nothing ever comes of it.

That goes for all dirty plays. Nobody cares unless you get hurt

FlashBolt
12-14-2018, 06:56 PM
I didn't say anything about Zaza being dirty or not, my point was that it was a big deal because of the injury not because of Zaza putting his foot there since that was common (and for players other than Zaza) before and after that event.

It's like wearing a seatbelt, dude. No one cares until a car accident happens. Same here. It's common to close the distance and put your feet under them as a basketball play. It's another when you havea history of blatant dirty plays and in Kawhi's instance, it does seem as if Zaza took more than a step and was looking to make Kawhi think twice about shooting a jumper or possibly intentionally injuring him. I'm no mind reader. But when I see Zaza play, I don't see a player who has a good reputation around the league. Also, at that particular time, everyone knew Kawhi was already having ankle issues. It wasn't a secret because even in that same game, Kawhi had fell once or twice before and landed hard on his ankle. It wouldn't surprise me at all if you told me Zaza became desperate and tried to make an impact for the team so they could win. Why would it? We've seen the guy pull Kawhi's arm down with all his weight to prevent Kawhi from getting the ball.

ewing
12-14-2018, 08:11 PM
It's like wearing a seatbelt, dude. No one cares until a car accident happens. Same here. It's common to close the distance and put your feet under them as a basketball play. It's another when you havea history of blatant dirty plays and in Kawhi's instance, it does seem as if Zaza took more than a step and was looking to make Kawhi think twice about shooting a jumper or possibly intentionally injuring him. I'm no mind reader. But when I see Zaza play, I don't see a player who has a good reputation around the league. Also, at that particular time, everyone knew Kawhi was already having ankle issues. It wasn't a secret because even in that same game, Kawhi had fell once or twice before and landed hard on his ankle. It wouldn't surprise me at all if you told me Zaza became desperate and tried to make an impact for the team so they could win. Why would it? We've seen the guy pull Kawhi's arm down with all his weight to prevent Kawhi from getting the ball.

I don’t always agree with you but I think that is a very fair take

Scoots
12-14-2018, 08:47 PM
It's only dirty if done intentionally. I don't think it is. These are bigs who don't have the best agility when it comes to jumping and going out to contest shots.

I get that ... so if it's not dirty what do you call it when a player regularly does things on the court that puts others at a higher risk of injury, without intent.

Scoots
12-14-2018, 08:51 PM

You are arguing, and keep arguing, that Zaza is dirty which is fine, I didn't argue against that at any point. I really don't know what you are trying to convince me of.

Chronz
12-14-2018, 09:30 PM
Kobe and shaq were such Gs. They lol'd at dirty plays

FlashBolt
12-15-2018, 03:02 AM
You are arguing, and keep arguing, that Zaza is dirty which is fine, I didn't argue against that at any point. I really don't know what you are trying to convince me of.

I'm telling you Zaza did it intentionally. It wasn't a basketball play. You're arguing that it was. That specific play, no, it was intentional. No need to compare them as if they were basketball plays.

Scoots
12-15-2018, 12:58 PM
I'm telling you Zaza did it intentionally. It wasn't a basketball play. You're arguing that it was. That specific play, no, it was intentional. No need to compare them as if they were basketball plays.

Please show me where I argued that Zaza's play was a basketball play. All I was saying was that what he did was common and LMA was doing the same stuff in that series and ever since and the only reason there was a rule change/clarification was because Kawhi was hurt.

FlashBolt
12-15-2018, 09:30 PM
Please show me where I argued that Zaza's play was a basketball play. All I was saying was that what he did was common and LMA was doing the same stuff in that series and ever since and the only reason there was a rule change/clarification was because Kawhi was hurt.

1) Trying to cover ground and get as close to as possible as the shooter is a basketball play. A basketball play is a common play. Accidents happen. When you play 82 games x 30 teams x 48 minutes, something will happen whether it be a simple landing on the foot or a broken leg.

2) Zaza's play was not a basketball play nor was it common. I don't see players sticking their feet out that far to cover that much ground other than Bruce Bowen. He was a serial offender when it came to it and it's sad Popovich would criticize Zaza but not remember Bowen made a career of playing dirty as well. I'm sorry but that was a dirty play by a dirty player. No matter how many times I've watched it to try and give Zaza the benefit of a doubt, he could have prevented it.

FlashBolt
12-15-2018, 09:33 PM
I get that ... so if it's not dirty what do you call it when a player regularly does things on the court that puts others at a higher risk of injury, without intent.

An accident? I mean, these guys know what they sign up for. Basketball is a physical sport. They're not signing up to be Wall Street analysts here. But tell me, when you saw that play of Zaza "injuring" Kawhi, what was your initial impression without judging Zaza's character? Mine was, "Why the hell did he stick out his foot twice and at the second foot leap, it just so happens to be right into Kawhi's injured ankle?" It seemed damn precise.

Scoots
12-15-2018, 11:01 PM
1) Trying to cover ground and get as close to as possible as the shooter is a basketball play. A basketball play is a common play. Accidents happen. When you play 82 games x 30 teams x 48 minutes, something will happen whether it be a simple landing on the foot or a broken leg.

2) Zaza's play was not a basketball play nor was it common. I don't see players sticking their feet out that far to cover that much ground other than Bruce Bowen. He was a serial offender when it came to it and it's sad Popovich would criticize Zaza but not remember Bowen made a career of playing dirty as well. I'm sorry but that was a dirty play by a dirty player. No matter how many times I've watched it to try and give Zaza the benefit of a doubt, he could have prevented it.

1) I didn't argue that here.

2) I didn't argue that here.

3) You appear to be talking to yourself.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-18-2018, 07:53 PM
The only one that looked weird was the Durant one where he took that small second step forward. Other ones looked within the flow of the game.

I don't think Zaza intent was to injure Kawhi but he's known to intentionally do things to make them feel uncomfortable and does it in a way that is intentionally sloppy.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-18-2018, 07:55 PM

An ***hole.