PDA

View Full Version : Bulls Players report Jim Boylin to NBAPA

chi-townlove1
12-10-2018, 04:40 PM
This isnít a joke. The team has already been in the spotlight of week 1 with Boylin. For those of you who donít know, they intentionally missed practice yesterday to hold a players only meeting.

Breaking news today - they reported their head coach for practice tactics and practice being too extreme.

ďAfter taking the helm from fired coach Fred Hoiberg on Monday, Boylen held three two-and-a-half-hour practices in his first week that included extra wind sprints and players doing military-style pushups. Calling for another lengthy practice after the back-to-back led to a near-mutiny and caused the players to reach out to the union, sources said."

Iím ashamed to call myself a fan. Are they a high school team?..crying to mommy and daddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrueFan420
12-10-2018, 04:44 PM
Lol all this over some two a days?

IndyRealist
12-10-2018, 04:59 PM
The NBA has contractually mandated limits on practices. Do they really think he's in violation of the CBA by having 3 practices?

6 and 21. This is how bottom dwellers stay bottom dwellers.

Rad_Racing
12-10-2018, 04:59 PM
I'm with the players here, seems pretty excessive if you're in full tank mode. Practice should just be donuts and Playstation for the Bulls.

Rivera
12-10-2018, 05:02 PM
soft *** players

More-Than-Most
12-10-2018, 05:15 PM
Yea this is pretty shocking to me... Its not like its everyday all year long lol. They get paid a ton to be the best athletes in the world if they cant hack it retire :shrug:

Vinylman
12-10-2018, 05:16 PM
a lot of guys coming off injuries...

I understand he is trying to set the tone but it does seem excessive in light of what the regiment was before.

Hawkeye15
12-10-2018, 05:51 PM
what did Norman Dale take over?

kobe4thewinbang
12-10-2018, 06:16 PM
Front office needs to make a choice.

Keep the coach, and trade the crybabies.
Or fire the coach, and coddle the babies.

There's definitely stigma about the Thibodeau/D'Antoni coaching styles,
especially when you factor injuries into the mix freaking out players.

Most of these players are young, so it's an instant clash.

The coach is trying to assert dominance, but friction has come with it!
He's going hardcore right away, rather than establish a hard-working team culture.

That being said, these players are used to Hoiberg who's never been compared to Thibs.

COOLbeans
12-10-2018, 06:43 PM
These dudes make millions of dollars to play basketball :clap:

Rivera
12-10-2018, 06:55 PM
this has Jabari Parker and Zach Lavine written all over it

Silent
12-10-2018, 08:11 PM
I'm with the players here, seems pretty excessive if you're in full tank mode. Practice should just be donuts and Playstation for the Bulls.

:clap:

PAOboston
12-10-2018, 11:30 PM
They need to trade everyone outside of Lauri and Carter. Everyone else on that roster is trash.

The fact that ďveteranĒ leadership on that team thought this was a good idea is absurd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oefarmy2005
12-11-2018, 10:47 AM

ZERO chance Lavine complains about a hard practice, ZERO. Unless there is more to the story than has been uncovered so far.

KG2TB
12-11-2018, 01:13 PM
LaVines one of the big ones behind this. Itís been reported he went off on Gar and pax and apparently it came out that they questioned his toughness. Iím sure thereís more to the story but this thing is imploding pretty quickly. Lauri and carter and I believe Lopez were the voice of reason who encouraged everyone to show up and act professional.

R. Johnson#3
12-11-2018, 02:22 PM
They elected to fore go practice and hold a players only meeting? Do the Bulls have a G-League team? If so, they should call up the best 12 players from that squad and have the Bulls wear suits.

R. Johnson#3
12-11-2018, 02:24 PM
Can Pat Riley be the head coach of this team?

IndyRealist
12-11-2018, 02:45 PM
Malika AndrewsRamona Shelburne
CHICAGO -- After Chicago Bulls players discussed the idea of boycotting Sunday afternoon's practice, Zach LaVine spoke with head coach Jim Boylen one-on-one and tried to clear the air to forge a path forward.

LaVine said he wouldn't characterize the interaction as an apology, but rather he had to "elaborate on thoughts."

"You just want to be real with people," LaVine told ESPN. "There shouldn't be any clouds. I think of myself as one of the leaders on the team. I just wanted to voice my opinion to them."

He continued: "This is a business, this isn't a dictatorship. We are all grown men, so everybody has a voice."

On Saturday night and Sunday morning, some Bulls players texted each other with the idea of skipping practice because they were frustrated by Boylen subbing out all five players twice during the Bulls' 56-point loss to the Celtics and his subsequent comments about the team's "embarrassing play."

The team ultimately decided to show up at the Advocate Center and hold a players-only meeting followed by a meeting with coaches. President John Paxson and general manager Gar Foreman attended the second meeting. After those meetings, LaVine talked to Boylen separately.

In the second meeting on Sunday, the idea of forming a leadership committee was discussed, multiple sources told ESPN. The idea is that in the future, those appointed to the committee would be able to act as a liaison between the players and coaches.

It has been made clear that Boylen has been empowered and encouraged by Bulls management to use a firm hand in changing the Bulls' culture. The way Boylen handled Sunday's meetings has reinforced management's belief in the new coach, sources said. They are fully on-board with Boylen's tough-love leadership style.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25508954/bulls-zach-lavine-had-one-one-meeting-coach

Rivera
12-11-2018, 03:30 PM

ZERO chance Lavine complains about a hard practice, ZERO. Unless there is more to the story than has been uncovered so far.

Malika AndrewsRamona Shelburne
CHICAGO -- After Chicago Bulls players discussed the idea of boycotting Sunday afternoon's practice, Zach LaVine spoke with head coach Jim Boylen one-on-one and tried to clear the air to forge a path forward.

LaVine said he wouldn't characterize the interaction as an apology, but rather he had to "elaborate on thoughts."

"You just want to be real with people," LaVine told ESPN. "There shouldn't be any clouds. I think of myself as one of the leaders on the team. I just wanted to voice my opinion to them."

He continued: "This is a business, this isn't a dictatorship. We are all grown men, so everybody has a voice."

On Saturday night and Sunday morning, some Bulls players texted each other with the idea of skipping practice because they were frustrated by Boylen subbing out all five players twice during the Bulls' 56-point loss to the Celtics and his subsequent comments about the team's "embarrassing play."

The team ultimately decided to show up at the Advocate Center and hold a players-only meeting followed by a meeting with coaches. President John Paxson and general manager Gar Foreman attended the second meeting. After those meetings, LaVine talked to Boylen separately.

In the second meeting on Sunday, the idea of forming a leadership committee was discussed, multiple sources told ESPN. The idea is that in the future, those appointed to the committee would be able to act as a liaison between the players and coaches.

It has been made clear that Boylen has been empowered and encouraged by Bulls management to use a firm hand in changing the Bulls' culture. The way Boylen handled Sunday's meetings has reinforced management's belief in the new coach, sources said. They are fully on-board with Boylen's tough-love leadership style.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25508954/bulls-zach-lavine-had-one-one-meeting-coach

called it!

R. Johnson#3
12-11-2018, 04:04 PM
Well now the entire NBA knows how to stop Zach Lavine. Just make him work hard.

IndyRealist
12-11-2018, 04:09 PM
Anyone who says "we're grown men" is not one.

Vinylman
12-11-2018, 04:09 PM
Well now the entire NBA knows how to stop Zach Lavine. Just make him work hard.

This situation is a case study on why big guaranteed contracts are a problem... you think he pulls this **** last year when looking for a big deal in the offseason... not a chance

Oefarmy2005
12-11-2018, 04:42 PM
Means nothing. Lavine is clearly THE GUY in that locker room, but it doesn't mean he is not doing it on behalf of the team rather than because he has any issues. All that I have ever heard about Lavine is that coaches had to kick the guy out of the gym because he was always there, so I just don't see it being over the extra workload. Maybe it was just so unreasonable that even Lavine had an issue with it, we don't know. But I sure as hell know that the NBA is not the military and it's not the NFL(where players do get a military style regiment in mini camp).

KG2TB
12-11-2018, 11:34 PM
Anyone who says "we're grown men" is not one.

I actually think youíre dead on, on this one. Also see ďif you have to say what you are, you probably arenítĒ