PDA

View Full Version : What Lottery team could be a threat with Zion?

More-Than-Most
12-08-2018, 11:05 PM
I was thinking about if this kid is as good as advertised what team that will likely be in the lottery would jump that fast and the first team I thought of is the knicks... Zion/Porz/Knox out the gate could be insane. You also have teams like the heat/suns... I think the suns should get rid of booker for a monster haul and build around a duo of ayton/zion and the **** ton they get back from booker but man these 2 teams if they get this kid could go right to contender if he is as good as advertised.

Giannis94
12-09-2018, 12:08 AM
Suns ain't getting a monster haul for booker. That's non-sense. You act like he's a star and he's not. Anyone that gives a haul for him is crazy or desperate which leaves us 3-5 teams.

He put up 29 pts through 3 vs the bucks a few weeks ago. Then he got under Bledsoes skin and then Bledsoe played defense for 1 quarter and held him to 0 pts while boomer got a T and was rattled.

I'm not going to say Booker is on the same level as Monta Ellis but I would say that he's trending more towards Ellis than Harden.

I don't hate booker. I just don't think he'd get a haul if he were traded for the best offer after all teams were notified and given 24 hours to submit their best offers.

Suns would be sick with zion. Rockets would be fun as well.

More-Than-Most
12-09-2018, 12:10 AM
Suns ain't getting a monster haul for booker. That's non-sense. You act like he's a star and he's not. Anyone that gives a haul for him is crazy or desperate which leaves us 3-5 teams.

He put up 29 pts through 3 vs the bucks a few weeks ago. Then he got under Bledsoes skin and then Bledsoe played defense for 1 quarter and held him to 0 pts while boomer got a T and was rattled.

I'm not going to say Booker is on the same level as Monta Ellis but I would say that he's trending more towards Ellis than Harden.

I don't hate booker. I just don't think he'd get a haul if he were traded for the best offer after all teams were notified and given 24 hours to submit their best offers.

Suns would be sick with zion. Rockets would be fun as well.

a team would bend over for booker because chicks dig longballs the same way NBA gms dig ppg players. All a gm would think is this dude dropped 70.

ewing
12-09-2018, 12:31 AM
I was thinking about if this kid is as good as advertised what team that will likely be in the lottery would jump that fast and the first team I thought of is the knicks... Zion/Porz/Knox out the gate could be insane. You also have teams like the heat/suns... I think the suns should get rid of booker for a monster haul and build around a duo of ayton/zion and the **** ton they get back from booker but man these 2 teams if they get this kid could go right to contender if he is as good as advertised.

KP and Zion would complement each other beautifully. Its too good

JAZZNC
12-09-2018, 12:40 AM
The Jazz....tank for Zion!! Him next to Gobert and adding another scorer to go along with Mitchell. :drooling:

More-Than-Most
12-09-2018, 12:41 AM
KP and Zion would complement each other beautifully. Its too good

yup... Its literally a dynamic that could shake the NBA for years

HeartOfStarks
12-09-2018, 01:45 AM

Iím praying for this. Been 34 years since we had a #1 pick. Pretty crazy when you consider teams like Cleveland got 3 in like 4-5 years.

We also should have cap for a max... gotta think with the GS drama IF we actually got the #1 pick and added Zion, KD would at least have to consider being the SF next to Zion/KP.

Everyone hates on Frank too but on a squad like that having a big, high IQ Pass first PG who plays lockdown D is an asset moving forward as well, along with THJ as a 3rd or 4th scoring option.

A lot of dominoes would have to fall in place but Knicks are at least long overdue for a #1 pick. Would be great to get that this year.

Tg11
12-09-2018, 06:35 AM
Cleveland are the most likely to get the #1 pick because they have the worst record in the NBA right now. If they add Zion and he is as good as he is hyped up to be Cleveland could be an interesting team for others to follow.

Atlanta if they get the #1 pick and land Zion...you build around him and Trae Young as a duo they would be fun to watch that's for sure.

However, if Chicago tanks the rest of this season and the Bulls end up #1 to take Zion...the Bulls look damn exciting on paper especially if you add Zion. Zion with LaVine, Markkanen and a healthy Dunn Chicago would actually be right back in the playoff hunt.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-09-2018, 07:49 AM
Mavs would be interesting.

Mave1002
12-09-2018, 09:37 AM
It's PHX if they can get a legit PG via FA (I'd go hard for Kemba or Rubio if I were them).

Ayton/???
Williamson/Holmes
Jackson/Warren
Booker/Bridges
???/Okobo

Vinylman
12-09-2018, 10:33 AM
Cleveland are the most likely to get the #1 pick because they have the worst record in the NBA right now. If they add Zion and he is as good as he is hyped up to be Cleveland could be an interesting team for others to follow.

Atlanta if they get the #1 pick and land Zion...you build around him and Trae Young as a duo they would be fun to watch that's for sure.

However, if Chicago tanks the rest of this season and the Bulls end up #1 to take Zion...the Bulls look damn exciting on paper especially if you add Zion. Zion with LaVine, Markkanen and a healthy Dunn Chicago would actually be right back in the playoff hunt.

WNBA?

worse record would be Phoenix... Cleveland isn't even second worse

GREATNESS ONE
12-09-2018, 12:03 PM

Fine, you guys are going to make me say it.... they would except Porzingis canít stay healthy!!!

warfelg
12-09-2018, 12:06 PM
Zion is my bust alert of the 2019 draft.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-09-2018, 01:15 PM
a team would bend over for booker because chicks dig longballs the same way NBA gms dig ppg players. All a gm would think is this dude dropped 70.

You should stop posting garbage.

Tg11
12-09-2018, 02:10 PM
Unless Phoenix ends up with the #1 pick again

More-Than-Most
12-09-2018, 02:17 PM
You should stop posting garbage.

you should try bringing an opinion to a thread and back up said opinion with any factual information ever before you spew such nonsensical garbage. Do you want articles or direct quotes from Gms/players etc drooling over booker?

https://www.nba.com/suns/features/nba-gms-see-bright-future-suns-young-core#gref

Here is a link from 2 years ago when the suck fest started

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2016/10/19/13324852/nba-gms-pick-devin-booker-as-this-season-breakout-player-by-a-wide-margin-phoenix-suns-survey-poll

Here is another article that Gms were asked and voted on....

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2017/10/04/phoenix-suns-josh-jackson-devin-booker-among-nba-general-managers-favorites/732487001/

Devin booker was voted by Gms as the 3rd best pure shooter behind curry/klay.

Sorry unlike you when i have an opinion i try to apply weight to said opinion and over the last 2 years gms around the league have been salivating over this dude because he can score.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-09-2018, 04:24 PM
Which player is the best pure shooter?
1. Stephen Curry, Golden State Ė 71%

2. Klay Thompson, Golden State Ė 25%

3. Devin Booker, Phoenix Ė 4%

4% lmao

Booker is is basically the same player as he was in 2016. Could made a point he's even regressed a little, but kinda early right now.

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/3136193/devin-booker

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bookede01.html

Where has he improved majorly since 2016? Assists are up because he's handling PG duties.

More-Than-Most
12-09-2018, 04:28 PM
4% lmao

Booker is is basically the same player as he was in 2016. Could made a point he's even regressed a little, but kinda early right now.

Where has he improved majorly since 2016? Assists are up because he's handling PG duties.

wait i feel like we are actually arguing the same thing and you misunderstood me lol... I think booker is trash... I think the suns should trade him and feel like they could still get a lot because most or some GMs are ******** and think a guy that scores even if super unefficient is still a great player

He is terrible and hasnt improved but he scored 70 so he is a god it seems around the league

Chronz
12-09-2018, 05:28 PM
4% lmao

Imagine klay on his own squad and having to run point.

ewing
12-09-2018, 06:14 PM
Zion is my bust alert of the 2019 draft.

Youíre crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R. Johnson#3
12-09-2018, 07:24 PM
If Brooklyn got Zion then they'd be a playoff team next year 100%. If one of D-Lo or Dinwiddie go down then they could ride that tank full speed ahead.

Tg11
12-09-2018, 10:09 PM
If Knicks get Zion then they are a playoff team

Hawkeye15
12-10-2018, 10:48 AM
none. Any team that will get Zion is far more than 1 good rookie from competing. Unless a team on the fringe goes 96-97' Spurs asap, and loses their best couple of players and the team tanks immediately. That is about the only scenario I can think of.

valade16
12-10-2018, 02:00 PM
If Atlanta, Cleveland, Chicago or Phoenix got him they still wouldn't be a threat, they are far more than 1 good player away from competing.

The only 2 teams I could see making a large increase in wins with his arrival would be Brooklyn and the Knicks, and that's only because those teams would also be getting back LeVert and KP to their teams along with Zion.

KG2TB
12-10-2018, 02:54 PM
Bulls:

Wendell Carter Jr
Lauri Markannen
Zion
Zach LaVine
Kris Dunn

Portis off the bench. Thatís probably a 40 win team.

Hawkeye15
12-10-2018, 03:03 PM
in the history of 19 year old rookies, how many of them added 10-15 wins to their team alone? LeBron. Anyone else?

Tg11
12-10-2018, 03:16 PM
If Zion lives up to the hype right out the gate then any team he is drafted to will be the team to watch next season in the NBA

JAZZNC
12-10-2018, 03:24 PM
none. Any team that will get Zion is far more than 1 good rookie from competing. Unless a team on the fringe goes 96-97' Spurs asap, and loses their best couple of players and the team tanks immediately. That is about the only scenario I can think of.

It's what the Jazz should do if Rudy has another one of his injuries that he has every year but there is too much pride on that team from players to the top to do that.

Rivera
12-10-2018, 03:26 PM
in the history of 19 year old rookies, how many of them added 10-15 wins to their team alone? LeBron. Anyone else?

Ben Simmons

The year he won ROY the 76ers won 28 games and then his ROY Campaign they won 52 :laugh2:

tredigs
12-10-2018, 03:44 PM
As much as I like Zion, it's not like he's going to come in and bring superstar impact. He will be awesome for a fanbase to watch, and could be bringing All Star level impact at times his rookie season, but plenty of lotto teams have All Stars. The list of guys who can transform a franchise is miniscule, and it takes time.

Hawkeye15
12-10-2018, 04:05 PM
Ben Simmons

The year he won ROY the 76ers won 28 games and then his ROY Campaign they won 52 :laugh2:

you know what my response will be, right?

Hawkeye15
12-10-2018, 04:07 PM
As much as I like Zion, it's not like he's going to come in and bring superstar impact. He will be awesome for a fanbase to watch, and could be bringing All Star level impact at times his rookie season, but plenty of lotto teams have All Stars. The list of guys who can transform a franchise is miniscule, and it takes time.

correct. No team that drafts Zion is going to be a threat to anything more than making a nice improvement. I just don't get how people forget rookies, no matter how talented, rarely, RARELY, mean anything when it comes to winning.

Rivera
12-10-2018, 04:17 PM
you know what my response will be, right?

i know, i know, I couldnt help myself though :laugh2:

Hawkeye15
12-10-2018, 04:22 PM
i know, i know, I couldnt help myself though :laugh2:

I am waiting for the Melo crew to chime in.