PDA

View Full Version : THE FREEK IS NOW MY FAV PLAYER. no fraternizing with the enemy!

nicnac
12-08-2018, 12:59 PM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2809827-giannis-feels-weird-to-work-out-with-rivals-rejected-carmelo-lebron-invites

I cant figure out for the life of me how I could accept my teammate openly hanging out with an opponent that I have to compete with to get to a championship and claiming this person as someone as close as a brother and is not your teammate. And then developing a click of friends from various teams as well. 🤭

Its like modern day collusion

now I have heard of the stars of the 60 and 70s hanging out, but this blatant emphasis on players crossing lines and emphasizing there friendship. SMH.

I honor the Greek Freek for desiring that competitive edge. Especially against the best players
They say stars dont want to play with bron. I bet these comments would lead other ballers to rally around GREEK.

Just my opinion on something from sports that I cant support as an ole schooler

Clyde always says "I wanted to beat them, not have them on my team" . As a kid I felt that. I never wanted Jordan on the Knicks. although Patrick seemed to be friends in retirement with jordan. Glad I didnt know anymore then, if there was this buddy buddy thing going on as players

Ok. I have stopped the rant. Thanks FREEK. I will watch more bucks games and support your work

GREATNESS ONE
12-08-2018, 01:10 PM
Hes going to waste his career in Milwaukee, they will never win a Championship. Hell put up numbers, maybe make it to a NBA Finals at some point but will never win and be forgotten about in time. Kinda like Karl Malone.

TheDish87
12-08-2018, 01:15 PM
gotta love how you say he can make the finals at some point but wont win lol

Giannis94
12-08-2018, 01:32 PM
Why the hate on Giannis? Don't be mad we're the favorites to sign KD and Jimmy or Kawhi.

tredigs
12-08-2018, 01:36 PM
It's Freak* fyi.

Vinylman
12-08-2018, 01:37 PM
meh he will be singing a different tune after 2 or 3 more first round exits.

cmellofan15
12-08-2018, 01:39 PM
Why the hate on Giannis? Don't be mad we're the favorites to sign KD and Jimmy or Kawhi.

switch accounts before you post something this baseless. your other profile is more for baiting and trolling right?

Giannis94
12-08-2018, 01:40 PM
switch accounts before you post something this baseless. your other profile is more for baiting and trolling right?
Contact the mods and admins if you really think I have a dupe. Please stop trying to derail this thread

Mr.B
12-08-2018, 02:20 PM
Hes going to waste his career in Milwaukee, they will never win a Championship. Hell put up numbers, maybe make it to a NBA Finals at some point but will never win and be forgotten about in time. Kinda like Karl Malone.

Dont worry, hell be heading to Dallas as soon as hes a FA.

aman_13
12-08-2018, 03:04 PM
Can't wait until he's a Raptor. Hopefully he develops a jump shot by then.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Mr.B
12-08-2018, 05:36 PM
Can't wait until he's a Raptor. Hopefully he develops a jump shot by then.

Check out his Instagram and look who hes following.

ewing
12-08-2018, 06:17 PM
You guys are haters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aman_13
12-08-2018, 07:09 PM
Check out his Instagram and look who hes following.

Raptors president Masai Ujiri tried desperately to trade into the 2015 draft so he could take the teenager. His connection to the Antetokounmpo family is long-standing. Ujiri helped the family emigrate from Nigeria to Greece to start the 23-year-old on his path to NBA greatness and the what-if possibility of Ujiri getting Antetokounmpo is fun to imagine.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/raptors/2018/01/01/greek-star-antetokoumpos-reach-extends-to-toronto.html

Saddletramp
12-08-2018, 07:18 PM
It's Freak* fyi.

I think its a play on the Greek thing. And Greak Freak looks too weird.

tredigs
12-08-2018, 07:45 PM
I think its a play on the Greek thing. And Greak Freak looks too weird.

I get it but it's just never written that way. Just helping our new superfan out.

Side note: I like the sentiment from Giannis (a Bucks fan should love it), but it is not a big deal if guys are training together. Ultimately I am positive it makes the league as a whole grow to a higher skill level if the best are training against the best.

nicnac
12-08-2018, 08:09 PM
Yup. GREEK....FREEK... for me

and I understand that argument about "the best playin the best" but it has not seemed to help melo has it. I think if anything it builds their egos even bigger than they are, they become less coachable, and I wonder how their big heads fit threw their jerseys

Cal827
12-08-2018, 08:23 PM
Giannis94, Buckalis, and Nicnac- PSD's 3 Buckaroos

Giannis94
12-08-2018, 10:24 PM
I get it but it's just never written that way. Just helping our new superfan out.

Side note: I like the sentiment from Giannis (a Bucks fan should love it), but it is not a big deal if guys are training together. Ultimately I am positive it makes the league as a whole grow to a higher skill level if the best are training against the best.

If the best are training together? Then it's a non story as far as Melo goes. Melo hasn't been good since he was at cuse. Non story.

Mr.B
12-08-2018, 10:28 PM
https://www.thestar.com/sports/raptors/2018/01/01/greek-star-antetokoumpos-reach-extends-to-toronto.html

You can see by the things he says and the things he posts that his brothers mean everything to him. His bother Kostas was drafted by the Mavs. If he has a chance to play with his brother in two years I bet hed jump at it.

tredigs
12-09-2018, 12:32 AM
If the best are training together? Then it's a non story as far as Melo goes. Melo hasn't been good since he was at cuse. Non story.
Giannis can join whatever group he wants. Maybe even find a player who could teach him how to shoot 30% from 3? Just kidding. They're not miracle workers.

tucksoe
12-09-2018, 11:35 AM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2809827-giannis-feels-weird-to-work-out-with-rivals-rejected-carmelo-lebron-invites

I cant figure out for the life of me how I could accept my teammate openly hanging out with an opponent that I have to compete with to get to a championship and claiming this person as someone as close as a brother and is not your teammate. And then developing a click of friends from various teams as well. 🤭

Its like modern day collusion

now I have heard of the stars of the 60 and 70s hanging out, but this blatant emphasis on players crossing lines and emphasizing there friendship. SMH.

I honor the Greek Freek for desiring that competitive edge. Especially against the best players
They say stars dont want to play with bron. I bet these comments would lead other ballers to rally around GREEK.

Just my opinion on something from sports that I cant support as an ole schooler

Clyde always says "I wanted to beat them, not have them on my team" . As a kid I felt that. I never wanted Jordan on the Knicks. although Patrick seemed to be friends in retirement with jordan. Glad I didnt know anymore then, if there was this buddy buddy thing going on as players

Ok. I have stopped the rant. Thanks FREEK. I will watch more bucks games and support your work
Wow this is so dumb. Who cares if they practice together these dudes have been friends since they were little kids. Have you ever played sports? Because when I did the people i wanted to crush the most were the people I knew not random strangers and if you think that's not true about nba players then well I guess you make threads like this

YAALREADYKNO
12-09-2018, 12:00 PM
You can see by the things he says and the things he posts that his brothers mean everything to him. His bother Kostas was drafted by the Mavs. If he has a chance to play with his brother in two years I bet hed jump at it.

The Mavs couldve drafted Giannis in the first place and I think it was Mark who said no but Donnie wanted him 🤦🏽*♂️

aman_13
12-09-2018, 02:53 PM
You can see by the things he says and the things he posts that his brothers mean everything to him. His bother Kostas was drafted by the Mavs. If he has a chance to play with his brother in two years I bet hed jump at it.Yeah I was just having fun. If the Mavs have space and are set up well, why not? Doncic looks like he's going to be star.

AMK
12-09-2018, 08:37 PM
I really hope this is the beginning of bringing back competitive drive in the league.

LeBron ruined an entire conference with cowardice for 8 years and then KD fought cowardice with even worse cowardice.

PLEASE get back to the best players playing AGAINST each other.

IKnowHoops
12-09-2018, 08:54 PM
I like Giannis a lot. Him not going against KD and Bron in the off season would be last on my list of reasons to like him. Sounds like fear to me if anything. Hed def be a better player if he started hooping against them full time instead of dunking on Delladova in the offseason.

I get it though, if he played against them hed have to start taking jump shots and that would get him out of his comfort zone. Rather stay feeling himself year around...until he actually has to go against them in the regular season, then soon after proclaim how Bron is still the best in the league. He needs to step up and go to the next level and hell be the best player in the league. If he had Andrew Wiggins jumper hed be the best player in the NBA, but when you practice against Delladova, you stay with a Shaq jumper

nicnac
12-09-2018, 09:01 PM
Wow this is so dumb. Who cares if they practice together these dudes have been friends since they were little kids. Have you ever played sports? Because when I did the people i wanted to crush the most were the people I knew not random strangers and if you think that's not true about nba players then well I guess you make threads like this

I will make it more specific, DO WHAT YOU WANT WITH FRIENDS, but should it be your primary friendships within your industry as professional athletes? Not in my opinion. But I guess THE GREEK and CLYDE are stupid too bc YOU played sports.

Oh, and yes. They have been friends since the dysfunctional AAU system, probably, but does that make it ok then? Have your dumb opinion. I will have mine

nicnac
12-09-2018, 09:05 PM
I like Giannis a lot. Him not going against KD and Bron in the off season would be last on my list of reasons to like him. Sounds like fear to me if anything. Hed def be a better player if he started hooping against them full time instead of dunking on Delladova in the offseason.

I get it though, if he played against them hed have to start taking jump shots and that would get him out of his comfort zone. Rather stay feeling himself year around...until he actually has to go against them in the regular season, then soon after proclaim how Bron is still the best in the league. He needs to step up and go to the next level and hell be the best player in the league. If he had Andrew Wiggins jumper hed be the best player in the NBA, but when you practice against Delladova, you stay with a Shaq jumper

Okay??? So we automatically go from either practicing with lebron to having no value in practicing if we dont???

Giannis94
12-09-2018, 09:22 PM

He wouldn't have to adjust to the other players. They'd have to adjust to him

Mr.B
12-09-2018, 11:01 PM
The Mavs couldve drafted Giannis in the first place and I think it was Mark who said no but Donnie wanted him [emoji1748]*[emoji3603]

Yea Donnie had been scouting him for a couple years and wanted to draft him. Cuban was trying to swing for he fences (so he thought) and wanted to save $900k in order to add it to the offer for Dwight Howard. They traded down and drafted Shane Larkin and Howard chose Houston. As of today its likely the 2nd biggest blunder in Mavs draft history. 1st being passing on Karl Malone for Detlef Schrempf. Malone being from Louisiana wanted to play for Dallas and thought Dallas was going to draft him.

Mr.B
12-09-2018, 11:02 PM
Yeah I was just having fun. If the Mavs have space and are set up well, why not? Doncic looks like he's going to be star.

Im honestly just hoping too. If Kostas is progressing there is a chance that Giannis decides not to come to Dallas so that he doesnt get in his little bros way.

Mr.B
12-09-2018, 11:04 PM

Seems like whatever Giannis is doing is working for him. Why fix what isnt broken?

kobe4thewinbang
12-10-2018, 06:31 PM
Yea Donnie had been scouting him for a couple years and wanted to draft him. Cuban was trying to swing for he fences (so he thought) and wanted to save $900k in order to add it to the offer for Dwight Howard. They traded down and drafted Shane Larkin and Howard chose Houston. As of today its likely the 2nd biggest blunder in Mavs draft history. 1st being passing on Karl Malone for Detlef Schrempf. Malone being from Louisiana wanted to play for Dallas and thought Dallas was going to draft him.So they couldn't figure out a way to scrap 900k elsewhere and still take the obviously better prospect?

YAALREADYKNO
12-10-2018, 07:06 PM
Yea Donnie had been scouting him for a couple years and wanted to draft him. Cuban was trying to swing for he fences (so he thought) and wanted to save $900k in order to add it to the offer for Dwight Howard. They traded down and drafted Shane Larkin and Howard chose Houston. As of today its likely the 2nd biggest blunder in Mavs draft history. 1st being passing on Karl Malone for Detlef Schrempf. Malone being from Louisiana wanted to play for Dallas and thought Dallas was going to draft him.

When that report came out I was so damn pissed lol Cuban will spend whatever to get players in free agency but drafting hasnt/isnt his best feat. The only really good draft pick I have seen him draft and actually made an impact was Josh Howard and Devin Harris to a lesser degree but his best days were with the Nets

Mr.B
12-10-2018, 11:52 PM
So they couldn't figure out a way to scrap 900k elsewhere and still take the obviously better prospect?

Preaching to the choir homie. Pretty much every Mavs fans has been sick watching Giannis mature into the player hes become. Cuban owns the team though so its not like he could be fired for that decision.

Mr.B
12-10-2018, 11:57 PM
When that report came out I was so damn pissed lol Cuban will spend whatever to get players in free agency but drafting hasnt/isnt his best feat. The only really good draft pick I have seen him draft and actually made an impact was Josh Howard and Devin Harris to a lesser degree but his best days were with the Nets

Im still pissed about it! Lol! Especially I never wanted Howard and knew he would never sign in Dallas. Luka may end up making us feel better but damn, Giannis should be a Maverick.

And yea the Mavs have never been great at drafting or free agency during the Cuban era. They have been great at trades though.

kobe4thewinbang
12-12-2018, 12:07 AM
Im still pissed about it! Lol! Especially I never wanted Howard and knew he would never sign in Dallas. Luka may end up making us feel better but damn, Giannis should be a Maverick.

And yea the Mavs have never been great at drafting or free agency during the Cuban era. They have been great at trades though.Did you see Doncic the other night? Those step-back threes and s--t? Dude's skilled.

Mr.B
12-12-2018, 11:04 AM
Did you see Doncic the other night? Those step-back threes and s--t? Dude's skilled.

I definitely saw it! Ive watched ever Mavs game this season. Have only been to 1 so far though. Luka is amazing to be doing what hes doing at such a young age.

KnickNyKnick
12-12-2018, 11:59 AM
Yeah I was just having fun. If the Mavs have space and are set up well, why not? Doncic looks like he's going to be star.

Dallas will be a great destination, i think it may be the team Porzingis will consider if he doesn't extend in NY.

Luka/Kristaps Tadem.

TheDish87
12-12-2018, 12:23 PM
Seems like whatever Giannis is doing is working for him. Why fix what isnt broken?

funny how its a concern for Simmons but not Giannis, no?

Giannis94
12-12-2018, 02:14 PM
funny how its a concern for Simmons but not Giannis, no?

Please tell me you're not serious. Gianns, prior to this year, shoots 30% from 3's. Simmons doesn't shoot threes, period. Giannis also has the most ungaurdable shot in the NBA and is amazing off movement. Simmon's doesn't.

TheDish87
12-12-2018, 03:32 PM
lol that old Josh Smith mentality just fire away and hope you can make some even if your shooting is a detriment to the team. He would be better off not shooting then continuing at his laughable 11% this season. He does have an unguardable shot though but its bcuz no one needs to contest it.

Mr.B
12-12-2018, 05:57 PM
Dallas will be a great destination, i think it may be the team Porzingis will consider if he doesn't extend in NY.

Luka/Kristaps Tadem.

It will be interesting to see how he plays once hes back. I do think Dallas makes a run at him however if the Knicks are able to land KD, Butler, and/or Kyrie I dont think KP goes anywhere.

FlashBolt
12-12-2018, 08:44 PM
Dallas will have to settle for B- Level players. I don't see an attractive free agency there. Someone like KP should highly consider it. Never really liked KP that much, though. and with that much time missing, the guy needs a lot of time to readjust.

Mr.B
12-12-2018, 10:24 PM
Dallas will have to settle for B- Level players. I don't see an attractive free agency there. Someone like KP should highly consider it. Never really liked KP that much, though. and with that much time missing, the guy needs a lot of time to readjust.

I still think Giannis will seriously consider Dallas as a free agent. Hes very close to his brother and will likely love a chance to play with him. Especially if Dallas has a good team, which looks like they will by the time hes a free agent. The Mavs will also have the cap space to add a max player before Giannis is a free agent. Im not saying its a guarantee but its not out of the realm of possibility.

FlashBolt
12-13-2018, 12:54 AM
I still think Giannis will seriously consider Dallas as a free agent. Hes very close to his brother and will likely love a chance to play with him. Especially if Dallas has a good team, which looks like they will by the time hes a free agent. The Mavs will also have the cap space to add a max player before Giannis is a free agent. Im not saying its a guarantee but its not out of the realm of possibility.

I hope so. Rick Carlisle is such a great coach. On the other hand, Milwaukee can be a competitor so I'd like to see them grow as a team for a bit longer.

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-17-2018, 01:38 PM
When I play against my friends, I actually end up talking more **** and going out of my way to show them up..

Must be a new thing that apparently being friends makes you less competitive?

That being said, I get what the Greek freak is saying in terms of using that against you as theyll be exposed to your move set. I can buy that.

nicnac
12-18-2018, 10:50 PM
When I play against my friends, I actually end up talking more **** and going out of my way to show them up..

Must be a new thing that apparently being friends makes you less competitive?

That being said, I get what the Greek freak is saying in terms of using that against you as theyll be exposed to your move set. I can buy that.
I truly get that, so then y would you want to train with an opponent? Friend or not

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-20-2018, 11:01 AM

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2811435-is-giannis-built-to-break-the-mold

Nice write up! Bit long to quote it all here though.

northsider
12-20-2018, 04:47 PM
I love it. I just hope he sticks to his words and doesn't pull a 180 like KD's soft ***. Cannot stand someone whose word is weaker then the individual himself. If you want to buddy up that's fine. However don't say something you aren't actually about at the end of the day.

I mean I don't expect them to hate each other, but it legit looks like these ****ing stars meet in offseason and talk about holding each others hands to championships. Sorry just seems watered down anymore and it's just not that impressive. Lack of parity has just killed the product.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-05-2019, 02:06 PM

"Do I play Fortnite?" "No". "But I role play at night!". ;)

Tg11
02-05-2019, 02:46 PM
Only a matter of time before Giannis leaves himself or they end up trading him because the NBA is a business oriented league which means no loyalty between owners and players...case in point DeRozan when he was a Raptor he wanted to be there forever but they ended up trading him for Kawhi...same could happen to Giannis or Giannis could grow frustrated with not having a ring and go ring chase

tp13baby
02-05-2019, 09:06 PM

Hell of a lot more respectable than the **** players do to ring chase. Rings mean less than it ever has.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-06-2019, 10:12 AM
Only a matter of time before Giannis leaves himself or they end up trading him because the NBA is a business oriented league which means no loyalty between owners and players...case in point DeRozan when he was a Raptor he wanted to be there forever but they ended up trading him for Kawhi...same could happen to Giannis or Giannis could grow frustrated with not having a ring and go ring chase

Actually players gonna ring chase in Milwaukee. AD already has Bucks as a team on his list. Bucks hasn't had that at all. Times are changing. Heck landing Moose a few years back. He skipped a bunch of large markets for Milwaukee. Lopez signed with Bucks dirt cheap and left Lakers. He's loving it. Bledsoe said last month he's having the time of his life basketball wise in Milwaukee. Winning cures all. Heck KD and Giannis started texting this season. Bucks #1 in the east.

Tg11
02-06-2019, 12:27 PM
Actually players gonna ring chase in Milwaukee. AD already has Bucks as a team on his list. Bucks hasn't had that at all. Times are changing. Heck landing Moose a few years back. He skipped a bunch of large markets for Milwaukee. Lopez signed with Bucks dirt cheap and left Lakers. He's loving it. Bledsoe said last month he's having the time of his life basketball wise in Milwaukee. Winning cures all. Heck KD and Giannis started texting this season. Bucks #1 in the east.

Yeah but NBA first and foremost is a business at the end of the day and franchise players always want out no matter the situation if they winnin somewhere or not and Giannis I give him a few years before the frustration starts to get to him. No one thought AD would want out of New Orleans but now he does. I'm sayin NBA is a business and franchise players are always going to go with other franchise players to team up to try to win a title. It is reality.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-08-2019, 03:11 PM