PDA

View Full Version : Best late career revivals

ewing
12-06-2018, 09:40 AM
I have never been a Derrick Rose fan. In fact in his prime I thought he was the most overrated player in basketball however his performance this year deserves notice. What other players have had comparable late career revivals? Doesn't have to be after injury. Just guys that seemed washed and then showed up

warfelg
12-06-2018, 10:11 AM
Jason Richardson. Like Vince Carter he was an awesome athlete that was mostly a dunker. Blew out his knee. Developed himself into a shooter.

Cal827
12-06-2018, 10:15 AM
Grant Hill after all those injuries rings a bell.
Shawn Livingston too.. Went from a guy who was a semi-bust, to having that horrifying injury, to basically being a journeyman until settling down in Golden State.

ewing
12-06-2018, 10:17 AM
Grant Hill after all those injuries rings a bell.
Shawn Livingston too.. Went from a guy who was a semi-bust, to having that horrifying injury, to basically being a journeyman until settling down in Golden State.

Livingston is a good one. Everyone loved that guy but he just kept getting hurt and then finally found his home in GS. Easy guy to feel good for

Mr.B
12-06-2018, 10:34 AM
Kurt Thomas. Was a stud coming out of TCU. Had a couple decent years to start his career and was signed by Dallas. Broke his foot twice before ever playing a game. Spent his entire time with the Mavs rehabbing. Played just a handful of games. Then signs with the Knicks and becomes a great part of those late 90ís Knicks teams with Larry Johnson, Ewing, Marcus Camby, Allen Houston, and Latrell Sprewell.

Hawkeye15
12-06-2018, 10:44 AM
I thought Tim Duncan died in 2011. Then he was back to being a stud 2 years later. After that series against Memphis, I was convinced he was done with the year he had, and his 11-12' season wasn't good either, by his standards. Somehow, he re-invented himself, Pops shaved role away, and he started to play at a borderline all NBA level again. At age 36...

Hawkeye15
12-06-2018, 10:46 AM
Livingston is a good one. Everyone loved that guy but he just kept getting hurt and then finally found his home in GS. Easy guy to feel good for

yeah once he was on a team that could limit his minutes/role, he really thrived. One of the grossest 4-5 basketball injuries I saw. Ugh

ewing
12-06-2018, 10:52 AM
I thought Tim Duncan died in 2011. Then he was back to being a stud 2 years later. After that series against Memphis, I was convinced he was done with the year he had, and his 11-12' season wasn't good either, by his standards. Somehow, he re-invented himself, Pops shaved role away, and he started to play at a borderline all NBA level again. At age 36...

I honestly thought LeBron was on his way down hill and then he got better too. Perhaps these guys were dealing with nagging injuries and then got healthy again

TrueFan420
12-06-2018, 11:21 AM
Grant Hill comes to mind. Also didnít Emeka Okafor have a come back last year after not playing for a couple of seasons and look good for the pels?

IndyRealist
12-06-2018, 11:51 AM
I honestly thought LeBron was on his way down hill and then he got better too. Perhaps these guys were dealing with nagging injuries and then got healthy again

*Cough* HGH *cough*

R. Johnson#3
12-06-2018, 11:54 AM
Serge Ibaka seems to have revived his career after a couple of bad seasons. He's playing like he's 35 again!

benzni
12-06-2018, 12:58 PM

loved Livingston when he was on the Nets the year before he signed with GS. He was really able to revive his career there and was perfectly deserving of being included in GS dynasty plan