http://i63.tinypic.com/33ti68l.jpg

Indy
Miami
Dallas
Sac
Utah

tredigs
12-04-2018, 01:04 PM
Got me thinking and I wanted to check the 4th quarter numbers for Curry and the field in the playoffs from 2014 to last year, with a >1 series minimum:

2014/15: 7.6 points on 47/43/78 (8.6 minutes - 21 games). Tied with Dirk for 2nd in points to Lebron, and in less minutes/higher efficiency.

2015/16: 7.0 points on 48/44/100 (7.1 minutes - 15 games). 4th in points, with the least minutes and highest efficiency of the top 5.

2016/17: 5.4 points on 59/50/100 (5.6 minutes - 14 games). Barely cracked the top 10 in points, but obviously ridiculous efficiency and far less 4th quarter minutes averaged than anyone else in the top 20 (blowouts).

2017/18: 6.9 points on 45/48/100 (9.0 minutes - 15 games). 3rd to 'Bron and AD, but again on higher efficiency and less average minutes than both.

Couldn't get the stats for just the Finals, but I do know he has 3 of the top 4 highest scoring 4th quarters in a Finals game (17 a couple times before KD got there, 16 last year. MJ also has a 17).

So, turns out that the facts are in and that Steph Curry kid simply dominates in all situations. Who'd have thought? ; )

But he doesn’t. Tie game under 5 mins, offense has ground down to a half court grind, all your support player are tight and you need someone to go get you a bucket, who do you give to the ball too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:laugh: STILL trying to move the goal posts to try to find a situation where he isn't legit after I constantly prove to you otherwise. Gotta respect the "I'm Dying On This Hill" mantra. Obviously now that they have arguably THE best ISO half-court scoring threat in NBA history along with MJ (and he is now actually allowed true ISO thanks to Curry and the Warriors), KD will be the best option in that situation. Curry/Klay, etc don't have me-first egos that demand the ball there, and are smart enough to use the full tool set. That's why stars work alongside Curry and the Warriors so well. Kobe died with a Capital C "Clutch" label to most of his fans, but the reality is that he just took virtually every "clutch" shot, and some fell. The vast majority didn't.

But don't threaten me with looking up some fun clutch shots from the run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StdALE2Gco0

That one's 17 minutes of clutch playoff plays so you're gonna want to set down the lunch pail and carve out most of your break.

ewing
12-04-2018, 01:07 PM
:laugh: STILL trying to move the goal posts to try to find a situation where he isn't legit after I constantly prove to you otherwise. Gotta respect the "I'm Dying On This Hill" mantra. Obviously now that they have arguably THE best ISO half-court scoring threat in NBA history along with MJ (and he is now actually allowed true ISO thanks to Curry and the Warriors), KD will be the best option in that situation. Curry/Klay, etc don't have me-first egos that demand the ball there, and are smart enough to use the full tool set. That's why stars work alongside Curry and the Warriors so well. Kobe died with a Capital C "Clutch" label to most of his fans, but the reality is that he just took virtually every "clutch" shot, and some fell. The vast majority didn't.

But don't threaten me with looking up some fun clutch shots from the run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StdALE2Gco0

That one's 17 minutes of clutch playoff plays so you're gonna want to set down the lunch pail and carve out most of your break.

He's a great system player, no doubt

Rivera
12-04-2018, 01:20 PM
bulls
magic
Mavs
Suns
jazz

tredigs
12-04-2018, 01:29 PM

Hahah uh huh. And just think, if your Knicks were able to grab him with the pick right after GS in 2009, they'd miraculously have one hell of a system themselves. Alas, no amount of top 10 picks can do you guys any favors. Reminds me of my Warriors most of my life. Must be the system.

ewing
12-04-2018, 01:33 PM
Hahah uh huh. And just think, if your Knicks were able to grab him with the pick right after GS in 2009, they'd miraculously have one hell of a system themselves. Alas, no amount of top 10 picks can do you guys any favors. Reminds me of my Warriors most of my life. Must be the system.

If KP had a Robin like him we'd be fantastic

ewing
12-04-2018, 01:35 PM

Pacers
Magic
Blazers
Kings
Jazz

tredigs
12-04-2018, 01:36 PM
If KP had a Robin like him we'd be fantastic

Who's that?

ewing
12-04-2018, 01:39 PM
Who's that?

Curry

COOLbeans
12-04-2018, 01:59 PM
Pacers
Heat
Mavs
Kings
Jazz

Saddletramp
12-04-2018, 05:32 PM
Pacers
Heat
Mavs
Kings
Jazz

Saddletramp
12-04-2018, 05:38 PM

The best. I really do wish we could see him out of that system and not with these GS guys. If he could replicate everything without Kerr/KD/Klay/etc.... then he could be Top 5 all time or so. Just playing on a stacked team with this system just kind of hurts his legacy to me. If he played in Orlando and all of his numbers/accolades/winning stayed the same? He could be on the Mt. Rushmore alongside MJ/Lebron/KAJ.

ewing
12-04-2018, 05:47 PM
The best. I really do wish we could see him out of that system and not with these GS guys. If he could replicate everything without Kerr/KD/Klay/etc.... then he could be Top 5 all time or so. Just playing on a stacked team with this system just kind of hurts his legacy to me. If he played in Orlando and all of his numbers/accolades/winning stayed the same? He could be on the Mt. Rushmore alongside MJ/Lebron/KAJ.

He's a hall of fame player anywhere I just like to bust treg balls. I do think not being a great go to scorer hurts him a little and never being the best player in an NBA finals hurts him.

JAZZNC
12-04-2018, 05:49 PM

Pacers
Magic
Mavs
Kings
Jazz

Blazers/Mavs and Kings/Suns should be fun games.

warfelg
12-04-2018, 06:10 PM
Pacers
Heat
Blazers
Kings
Spurs

bucketss
12-04-2018, 06:14 PM
pacers,magic, mavs,kings,spurs

Lakers + Giants
12-04-2018, 06:15 PM
Pacers
Heat
Mavs
Kings
Jazz

tredigs
12-04-2018, 06:43 PM

Klay is like a #13 pick. Draymond a 2nd rounder. Curry a guy who led NCAA in scoring while breaking 3pt records and taking down top seeds in the tournament with a roster of guys who couldn't make the G league. Crushed it as a rookie, took a big leap after his injuries, then continues to improve and you get the player he is now. As everyone knows, he looks the most impressive without KD. Opposite for Durant. It is what it is.

Saddletramp
12-04-2018, 07:07 PM
That #13 pick has turned into the second greatest shooter of all time (I know what you’re about to say) and that second round pick would be redrafted as a top guy in any draft coming out of college. They’ve all complemented each other pretty well in Kerr’s system. I don’t think he’d fall very far without them but I also don’t think he’s a 2 time mvp/3 time champ on most other teams, either.

And if Curry left/got hurt for the year, KD would get it going. They’d obviously be a step behind where they’d be without KD instead of Curry, but they’d get better then they did during Curry’s last injury.

I think KD has the higher floor as a player but Curry has the higher ceiling, if that makes sense.

kdspurman
12-04-2018, 07:17 PM
Pacers
Heat
Blazers
Suns
Jazz

ewing
12-04-2018, 07:52 PM
Klay is like a #13 pick. Draymond a 2nd rounder. Curry a guy who led NCAA in scoring while breaking 3pt records and taking down top seeds in the tournament with a roster of guys who couldn't make the G league. Crushed it as a rookie, took a big leap after his injuries, then continues to improve and you get the player he is now. As everyone knows, he looks the most impressive without KD. Opposite for Durant. It is what it is.

Sam Bowie was taken # 2 right before Micheal Jordan

tredigs
12-04-2018, 07:57 PM
That #13 pick has turned into the second greatest shooter of all time (I know what you’re about to say) and that second round pick would be redrafted as a top guy in any draft coming out of college. They’ve all complemented each other pretty well in Kerr’s system. I don’t think he’d fall very far without them but I also don’t think he’s a 2 time mvp/3 time champ on most other teams, either.

And if Curry left/got hurt for the year, KD would get it going. They’d obviously be a step behind where they’d be without KD instead of Curry, but they’d get better then they did during Curry’s last injury.

I think KD has the higher floor as a player but Curry has the higher ceiling, if that makes sense.

Klay - God love him - is simply not that special. He's a fantastic set/curl shooter, a very solid on-ball defender, and not much else at a high level. Many aspects being flat out bad. He's a guy who goes missing for weeks at a time. And a guy who nobody would ever consider for the Hall without Curry. That's just reality. And all metrics + smart fans realize this. Draymond has worked his way into being one of the top defenders in the game and is integral to their Defense. Offensively he pushes the pace and makes the right pass, but he's a player that scares exactly zero defenses, and more often than not gets the Iguodala Finals treatment and is simply left wide open all game in favor of trying to hedge and slow down Curry.

I do get what you're saying, but I'm not sure that KD has the higher floor raising ability than Curry. That's an interesting debate. Not sure it's true. We do know for a fact that Curry has the higher ceiling raising ability. And ultimately that is what matters most. I'm also not sure that the Warriors would really get it going without Curry at anything better than a 50 win Western Conference 2nd round team level. That's with KD. Without him they're lucky to be an 8th seed. The more advanced 'PM' stats become, the more we notice the impact Curry has on the game, and it's on another level. Which can be noticed from anyone who has seen them with him on/off the court the past decade. On any team he would be playing MVP level basketball, and his numbers would likely only look more impressive if he was allowed to play 36+ mpg and take 22+ shots a night. He's just more skilled than everyone else. That's not going away if he's playing for the Sixers. II do agree that titles take more than 1 player, so you can safely give that a question mark.

More-Than-Most
12-04-2018, 09:13 PM
Mavs
Kings
Spurs

ewing
12-04-2018, 10:43 PM
The Suns are down 37 to 9 in the 2q

warfelg
12-04-2018, 11:01 PM
The Suns are down 37 to 9 in the 2q

BUt dEvIn BoOkEr iS GoOd.

zn23
12-04-2018, 11:30 PM
Fred should try his best to be like JJ Barea.

Saddletramp
12-04-2018, 11:46 PM
Klay - God love him - is simply not that special. He's a fantastic set/curl shooter, a very solid on-ball defender, and not much else at a high level. Many aspects being flat out bad. He's a guy who goes missing for weeks at a time. And a guy who nobody would ever consider for the Hall without Curry. That's just reality. And all metrics + smart fans realize this. Draymond has worked his way into being one of the top defenders in the game and is integral to their Defense. Offensively he pushes the pace and makes the right pass, but he's a player that scares exactly zero defenses, and more often than not gets the Iguodala Finals treatment and is simply left wide open all game in favor of trying to hedge and slow down Curry.

I do get what you're saying, but I'm not sure that KD has the higher floor raising ability than Curry. That's an interesting debate. Not sure it's true. We do know for a fact that Curry has the higher ceiling raising ability. And ultimately that is what matters most. I'm also not sure that the Warriors would really get it going without Curry at anything better than a 50 win Western Conference 2nd round team level. That's with KD. Without him they're lucky to be an 8th seed. The more advanced 'PM' stats become, the more we notice the impact Curry has on the game, and it's on another level. Which can be noticed from anyone who has seen them with him on/off the court the past decade. On any team he would be playing MVP level basketball, and his numbers would likely only look more impressive if he was allowed to play 36+ mpg and take 22+ shots a night. He's just more skilled than everyone else. That's not going away if he's playing for the Sixers. II do agree that titles take more than 1 player, so you can safely give that a question mark.

Fair enough on all. I do think if Curry played more on a lesser team, he’d get beat up and injured more but that’d probably go for everyone in the league.

Saddletramp
12-04-2018, 11:50 PM
****ing Miami.

zn23
12-05-2018, 12:03 AM
Doncic redeems himself from that awful Lakers game. 21 points, 9 boards and 3 ast. One of those assists was pretty amazing touchdown pass to Dennis Smith Jr.

Vee-Rex
12-05-2018, 12:59 AM
BUt dEvIn BoOkEr iS GoOd.

You realize he wasn't playing, right?

Or was that a whoosh moment for me?

Saddletramp
12-05-2018, 01:57 AM

Busted

4-1

Tg11
12-05-2018, 05:59 AM
Pacers
Heat
Mavericks
Kings
Jazz

4-1 and I could have been 5-0 had I stayed with the Magic as my damn pick...**** Miami

ewing
12-05-2018, 06:23 AM
Pacers
Magic
Blazers
Kings
Jazz

4-1

ewing
12-05-2018, 06:55 AM

Its sad when fans become such bias homers that they talk down players on their own team

JAZZNC
12-05-2018, 09:55 AM
Pacers
Magic
Mavs
Kings
Jazz

Blazers/Mavs and Kings/Suns should be fun games.

Perfection.

Gotta stay ahead of MTM so I can prove that prettiness of uniforms>>>>>>RPM.

ewing
12-05-2018, 10:18 AM
Perfection.

Gotta stay ahead of MTM so I can prove that prettiness of uniforms>>>>>>RPM.

Beating MTM is the most important thing in my life

Rivera
12-05-2018, 10:20 AM
Last Nights Results:

jazzNC 5-0
tg11 4-1
tre 4-1
ewing 4-1
coolbeans 4-1
saddletramp 4-1
bucketss 4-1
L+G 4-1
riv 3-2
warfleg 2-3
KDSpur 2-3
MtM 2-1

This Weeks Results:

tredigs 8-4
jazzNC 8-4
warfleg 7-5
ewing 7-5
tg11 7-5
coolbeans 7-5
Riv 6-6
L+G 5-7
bucketss 5-7
saddletramp 5-7
kdspur 4-8
cal827 3-4
MtM 2-1

warfelg
12-05-2018, 10:33 AM

Whoosh. It’s a joke. Offensively he’s a great player, but defensively he makes no difference. I think he’s more Jamal Crawford like than star player like.

JAZZNC
12-05-2018, 11:31 AM
Beating MTM is the most important thing in my life

As it should be!

tredigs
12-05-2018, 12:44 PM
Its sad when fans become such bias homers that they talk down players on their own team

It is impossible to make a dumber statement than this, especially given that my takes were very fair.

tredigs
12-05-2018, 12:50 PM
Today's games:

Nuggets
Warriors
Thunder
Raptors
Grizzled
Wolves
Pels
Bucks
Lakers

ewing
12-05-2018, 12:52 PM
It is impossible to make a dumber statement than this, especially given that my takes were very fair.

Klay - God love him - is simply not that special. he is a 4 time all star that has made multiple all NBA teams not on the NBA short bus

tredigs
12-05-2018, 01:05 PM
Klay - God love him - is simply not that special. he is a 4 time all star that has made multiple all NBA teams. This opening makes him sound like like he is on the NBA short bus
No I said he was "not that special", so quite the opposite. He can ride on the regular bus. Was anything I said remotely unfair to him? It's the reality of who he is.

Klay will be on the short list for the All Star team again this year by the way. But the reality is that Klay has been nothing CLOSE to an All Star. And that is not exactly an anomaly for him. When he goes on shooting slumps, it is supplemented by mediocre team defense (remember, it is his on-ball D that is above average), no rebounding, no playmaking, and an inability to create his own shot off the dribble. It's not pretty. There is a reason why all of his biggest games are on 20 dribbles or whatever. It is when his shot is falling and everyone is feeding the hot hand. They're all just set shots and curls with increasing difficulty. That's his game. Period. One of the best ever at it, but that's it. And while THAT part is special, the majority of his game is not. I still love the dude and want him to retire a Warrior. But go on about my "homer" takes please. And continue to offer zero rebuttal to absolutely everything I have written.

kdspurman
12-05-2018, 01:15 PM
I'm feeling like my Spurs right now. I'm under .500 for the week which I don't think has happened yet :sigh: