PDA

View Full Version : Fred Hoiberg fired by Bulls

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-03-2018, 12:08 PM
After 5-19 start...Jim Boylen to take over

Second head coach who's been fired this season.

ewing
12-03-2018, 12:51 PM
Any details. I donít think they could have expected this team to win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IndyRealist
12-03-2018, 12:55 PM

You'd be surprised the hype people will buy into, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Firefistus
12-03-2018, 01:12 PM
The race for Zion starts!! Race to the bottom!!

ewing
12-03-2018, 01:30 PM
You'd be surprised the hype people will buy into, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Seems crazy, they aren't good and they were hurt on top of it

KG2TB
12-03-2018, 04:55 PM
The race for Zion starts!! Race to the bottom!!

Would have kept him if that were the case. Heís one of the worst coaches in the league by far

TheDish87
12-03-2018, 05:27 PM
weird timing. Missing key players for a lot games early on including their best player who hadnt even played yet.

likemystylez
12-04-2018, 02:32 PM

yknow its weird. I hear espn complimenting steve kerr for being able to figure out how all of his talent would work together..... kind of implying that having a lot of talent is something that creates an obstacle and hinders a coach. Then the same ESPN commentators are saying Hoiberg didnt have enough talent.

I happen to think talent is by far the most important thing to have.... and it really matters very little what the coach is doing when you have a huge advantage in the talent department. (The fact that kerr has 5 all stars and the warriors have a worse record than the clippers is almost like trying to fail) regardless of injury situation- you should be able to do better than the clippers at all times with your talent.

Anyways back to Hoiberg- they gotta make up their mind and decide if talent is ultimately a positive or something that holds a coach back..... its almost like espn announcers are trying to show a coach in the best light possible..... even if it means being inconsistent in their analysis

JAZZNC
12-04-2018, 05:57 PM
yknow its weird. I hear espn complimenting steve kerr for being able to figure out how all of his talent would work together..... kind of implying that having a lot of talent is something that creates an obstacle and hinders a coach. Then the same ESPN commentators are saying Hoiberg didnt have enough talent.

I happen to think talent is by far the most important thing to have.... and it really matters very little what the coach is doing when you have a huge advantage in the talent department. (The fact that kerr has 5 all stars and the warriors have a worse record than the clippers is almost like trying to fail) regardless of injury situation- you should be able to do better than the clippers at all times with your talent.

Anyways back to Hoiberg- they gotta make up their mind and decide if talent is ultimately a positive or something that holds a coach back..... its almost like espn announcers are trying to show a coach in the best light possible..... even if it means being inconsistent in their analysis

No great revelation there. Did anybody ever confuse Lue for a great coach? Talent is paramount. Would we think of Phil Jackson the same if he coached Gary Payton/Shawn Kemp instead of Jordan/Pippen or Webber/Peja instead of Shaq/Kobe? Most certainly.

You can't win without talent. Good coaches just help maximize that talent. The Bulls damn sure didn't have much talent but I dont know that they had a decent coach either. It's tough to tell given his situation this year.

Silent
12-04-2018, 08:07 PM
i'm curious what the front office expected of Fred. What they expect they're a ****** team with ****** management.

Fire GARPAX next year please

likemystylez
12-05-2018, 11:30 AM
i'm curious what the front office expected of Fred. What they expect they're a ****** team with ****** management.

Fire GARPAX next year please

A lot of times the organization is aware that the failures are not the coaches fault, They just feel the need to take visible action to turn things around. Otherwise, it appears that they are accepting failure and not working to try and fix it.

This is well known, and thats why the league is loaded with a lot of coaches who have been fired multiple times and still continue to be rehired in the same industry. That's not normal in almost any other line of work. However, Its known that the coaches typically arent fired for breaking some rule by their employer or for breaching a contract. (Which is why coaches are paid out the remainder of what is owed to them by the contract)- The organization is just going in a different direction..... it says very little about a guys ability to coach or his chances of being rehired.