PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Ingram was “floated” in trade talks for Jimmy Butler

More-Than-Most
11-30-2018, 10:08 PM
Report: Brandon Ingram was “floated” in trade talks for Jimmy Butler per Tim MacMahon.
In yesterday’s Hoop Collective Podcast with Brian Windhorst, Tim MacMahon stated that Brandon Ingram was “floated” in trade conversations for Jimmy Butler.

Now MacMahon did not elaborate on why trade negotiations did not progress/slash broke down, but we can infer several possibilities from this 30 second clip:

Thibs was not interested in Ingram because he doesn’t help him win now, and as a coach/GM that is his top priority.

The lakers wanted an additional asset on top of Butler that Thibs was unwilling/unable to part with. It’s very possible that the Lakers wanted a pick and ownership was unable to swallow trading Butler and LOSING an pick in the process.

Butler hates Lebron and refused to be his wingman. We all know Butler left the Lakers off his desired trade locations, but why is that? Great city, historic franchise, and a competitive team. Seems like everything Butler wants, yet he displayed no interest in going there. There can only be one reason: Butler hates LeBron.

Whatever the truth is, it is clear that Brandon Ingram is not as untouchable as many believe, and could be moved sooner rather than later.

More-Than-Most
11-30-2018, 10:10 PM
I honestly cant believe they would rather keep ball and or kuzma over ingram but the way he has played this year might mean he is the odd man out come the deadline... The lakers should have legit offered him and more to get butler because that lakers team would be dangerous with butler. Thibs not wanting ingram though.

FlashBolt
11-30-2018, 10:23 PM
Butler "hating" LeBron comes from Butler's friendship with Kyrie. Kyrie probably told him why he hated playing with LeBron. I still believe Lakers are trying to get Anthony Davis before the February deadline. There were reports that if Pelicans end up being in the "middle of the pack" or below it, they will consider moving Anthony Davis. People are saying Celtics have more assets to give up but I don't see it. Tatum and Brown have significantly lowered their value to where I would rather have Ball, Ingram, and Kuzma than those two. Then you would also have to make salaries work and that would have to involve probably Hayward, Kyrie, or Horford. Why would Pelicans take Hayward or Horford and why would Boston trade Kyrie knowing they would absolutely need him alongside AD to compete? I don't think Kyrie hates LeBron. Dude just wanted his own team and he would have never gotten that playing alongside LeBron.

More-Than-Most
11-30-2018, 10:29 PM
Butler "hating" LeBron comes from Butler's friendship with Kyrie. Kyrie probably told him why he hated playing with LeBron. I still believe Lakers are trying to get Anthony Davis before the February deadline. There were reports that if Pelicans end up being in the "middle of the pack" or below it, they will consider moving Anthony Davis. People are saying Celtics have more assets to give up but I don't see it. Tatum and Brown have significantly lowered their value to where I would rather have Ball, Ingram, and Kuzma than those two. Then you would also have to make salaries work and that would have to involve probably Hayward, Kyrie, or Horford. Why would Pelicans take Hayward or Horford and why would Boston trade Kyrie knowing they would absolutely need him alongside AD to compete? I don't think Kyrie hates LeBron. Dude just wanted his own team and he would have never gotten that playing alongside LeBron.

Its mostly the picks that put the celtics over the top that the lakers cant match... The celtics have 4 first round picks this year 2 of which could be lottery picks... So tatum/Brown/2 firsts is probably better than any deal the lakers offer... I cant see the lakers offering kuzma/hart/ingram and ball plus a first and that is what i think it might take... No way the pels are trading him for anything less than a kings ransom. Imagine lebron and ad together my god. Then you go and get a durant or klay in the off season and welcome to championships... I am a big fan of ingram but offering that package might be worth for davis... That basically gives the lakers 2 top 3 players with a chance to add durant still.

The entire hating lebron thing or living in his shadow thing just bothers me and it seems kl and butler have the biggest issues with it yet both guys want to win... so basically they want super max contracts/on a top team but want to be the top dog... that situation just isnt likely... It might be likely for KL if he stays with Toronto but these dudes thing this is burger king where they can have it their way and in this NBA you gotta sacrifice something.

FlashBolt
11-30-2018, 10:29 PM
I honestly cant believe they would rather keep ball and or kuzma over ingram but the way he has played this year might mean he is the odd man out come the deadline... The lakers should have legit offered him and more to get butler because that lakers team would be dangerous with butler. Thibs not wanting ingram though.

Disagree. I think they're making a play for AD because if they trade away their assets for Butler, they can't get AD and I'm not sure a LeBron+Butler duo gets them anywhere. They'd be losing too much depth for a player who although great, isn't the healthiest out there nor changes the game the way a player like AD can. It's obvious Lakers are trying to pump Ingram up as much as possible whether for a trade or to see how much better he has gotten. Seems like he hasn't improved at all. On the contrary, if Lakers do get rid of Lonzo+Ingram for Butler and Butler chooses to opt out, they would have gotten $15 million off their books next season and that might free up enough cap to sign two max players. All this tells me is that Lakers want AD and KD next season.

More-Than-Most
11-30-2018, 10:32 PM
Disagree. I think they're making a play for AD because if they trade away their assets for Butler, they can't get AD and I'm not sure a LeBron+Butler duo gets them anywhere. They'd be losing too much depth for a player who although great, isn't the healthiest out there nor changes the game the way a player like AD can. It's obvious Lakers are trying to pump Ingram up as much as possible whether for a trade or to see how much better he has gotten. Seems like he hasn't improved at all. On the contrary, if Lakers do get rid of Lonzo+Ingram for Butler and Butler chooses to opt out, they would have gotten $15 million off their books next season and that might free up enough cap to sign two max players. All this tells me is that Lakers want AD and KD next season.

yea that is why i had 0 issues with trading cov/saric... even if the butler thing doesnt work out we have room for 2 max players now... if we sign butler max we still have room for a max or another top player if we release or trade fultz.

FlashBolt
11-30-2018, 10:34 PM
Its mostly the picks that put the celtics over the top that the lakers cant match... The celtics have 4 first round picks this year 2 of which could be lottery picks... So tatum/Brown/2 firsts is probably better than any deal the lakers offer... I cant see the lakers offering kuzma/hart/ingram and ball plus a first and that is what i think it might take... No way the pels are trading him for anything less than a kings ransom. Imagine lebron and ad together my god. Then you go and get a durant or klay in the off season and welcome to championships... I am a big fan of ingram but offering that package might be worth for davis... That basically gives the lakers 2 top 3 players with a chance to add durant still.

Yeah, I'd imagine the picks would slide in Boston's favor. I haven't really looked into the amount of picks both teams have. I agree with the AD+Bron combo. IMO, they would probably be the second favorite to win the title if they could get AD and also keep Rondo, Lance, and Hart. Rondo+AD was already a great combo in NOP and it was a complete shocker to me Rondo wasn't resigned.

warfelg
11-30-2018, 10:37 PM

I mean...if I'm NO I start with asking Ball, Ingram, Wagner, KCP (salary reasons), 2 1sts from the Lakers.

Granted it comes down to what package does NO want? Rebuild? Lakers give them that. Tweak and go? Lakers don't give them that.

I was thinking of a darkhorse team for AD and got this deal for people to think of:

NO Out:
Anthony Davis
D Miller

Toronto Out:
J. Valanciunas
CJ Miles
OG Anunoby
2020 2nd
2021 1st

After trade:
Toronto:
Lowry - VanVleet - Wright
Green - Richardson
Leonard - Miller
Siakam - Ibaka
Davis - Monroe

Pelicans:
Payton - Frazier
Holiday - Miles
Anunoby - Moore
Mirotic - Randle
Valanciunas - Randle/Okafor

FlashBolt
11-30-2018, 10:38 PM
yea that is why i had 0 issues with trading cov/saric... even if the butler thing doesnt work out we have room for 2 max players now... if we sign butler max we still have room for a max or another top player if we release or trade fultz.

Damn, that's crazy. Perfect timing for the Sixers, honestly. Lots of salaries being unloaded next season and just in time for some solid free agents. I thought Sixers were the best place for LeBron if he wanted to win and man, I think it's truer than ever. LeBron+Ben+Embiid+Butler would definitely have given the Warriors a run for their money.

More-Than-Most
11-30-2018, 10:39 PM
I mean...if I'm NO I start with asking Ball, Ingram, Wagner, KCP (salary reasons), 2 1sts from the Lakers.

Granted it comes down to what package does NO want? Rebuild? Lakers give them that. Tweak and go? Lakers don't give them that.

I was thinking of a darkhorse team for AD and got this deal for people to think of:

NO Out:
Anthony Davis
D Miller

Toronto Out:
J. Valanciunas
CJ Miles
OG Anunoby
2020 2nd
2021 1st

After trade:
Toronto:
Green - Richardson
Leonard - Miller
Siakam - Ibaka
Davis - Monroe

Pelicans:
Payton - Frazier
Holiday - Miles
Anunoby - Moore
Mirotic - Randle

man... AD/Lowry/KL... wow.

More-Than-Most
11-30-2018, 10:44 PM
I didnt want a AD mostly because I dont think there is enough room on the floor for AD/Embiid... I didnt like AD/cousins duo esp to matchup with a warriors team or a celtics team. I am just not a fan of that much size on the floor at the same time and i feel like it overlaps and wouldnt be able to keep up with a warriors small lineup. AD is perfect for the lakers/celtics/Raptors and hell rockets in my opinion... I Know AD is a PF as well and not a center but i still dont like him next to embiid.

The celtics/Lakers would def be smart to go all in for him though and like war said it probably starts with ingram/ball and multiple firsts but I wouldnt be surprised if it even cost more like ingram/ball/hart and multiple firsts plus salary fillers...

Celtics would need to give up tatum and brown plus 3 first round picks and salary fillers... Nobody is getting AD for anything less. The dude is a monste

FlashBolt
11-30-2018, 10:46 PM
I didnt want a AD mostly because I dont think there is enough room on the floor for AD/Embiid... I didnt like AD/cousins duo esp to matchup with a warriors team or a celtics team. I am just not a fan of that much size on the floor at the same time and i feel like it overlaps and wouldnt be able to keep up with a warriors small lineup. AD is perfect for the lakers/celtics/Raptors and hell rockets in my opinion... I Know AD is a PF as well and not a center but i still dont like him next to embiid.

The celtics/Lakers would def be smart to go all in for him though and like war said it probably starts with ingram/ball and multiple firsts but I wouldnt be surprised if it even cost more like ingram/ball/hart and multiple firsts plus salary fillers...

Celtics would need to give up tatum and brown plus 3 first round picks and salary fillers... Nobody is getting AD for anything less. The dude is a monste

Klay would fit perfect with you guys. He'd fit on many teams, actually. Demand for 3/D players is at a league high.

warfelg
11-30-2018, 10:48 PM

We don't have the assets to get him without giving up Simmons, but AD and Embiid wouldn't struggle to work together. Embiid and Cousins are different players. AD and Embiid are actually similar in that they can work all over the court.

warfelg
11-30-2018, 10:51 PM
Klay would fit perfect with you guys. He'd fit on many teams, actually. Demand for 3/D players is at a league high.

You are talking about my wet dream right now. Renounce who we have to, resign Butler, bring in Klay. The issue at that point is the 4th starter. Because I would like to see a PBev brought in to play PG but he would cost too much.

Beverly
Thompson
Butler
Simmons
Embiid

But that would come at the cost of giving away Fultz (possibly paying for it), Redick, Muscala, Chandler. But we still would have Zhaire Smith, Landry Shamet on the bench. Maybe grab a ring chasing vet or two.

FlashBolt
11-30-2018, 10:51 PM
We don't have the assets to get him without giving up Simmons, but AD and Embiid wouldn't struggle to work together. Embiid and Cousins are different players. AD and Embiid are actually similar in that they can work all over the court.

Yeah, Cousins definitely needs the ball more to have value whereas Embiid can be more selective as well. Defensively is where the biggest difference comes in. Embiid and AD would be a nightmare for opponents defensively. Two legit DPOY candidates who rank high in rim protection. Also, who the hell wants to face three near 7-footers in Ben, AD, and Embiid?

More-Than-Most
11-30-2018, 10:59 PM

yea i dont disagree and if this was 10 years earlier id be all in... the warriors really screwed things up... If we have AD and Embiid on the floor together no way we are covering the warriors and they would rain 3s all day... I just dont like that duo against certain top teams that rain 3s and have a run and gun offense.

Giannis94
11-30-2018, 11:40 PM
All this talk about the Lakers and I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would want to sign there aside from Hollywood and the nice weather.

FlashBolt
11-30-2018, 11:54 PM
All this talk about the Lakers and I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would want to sign there aside from Hollywood and the nice weather.

Hot girls, nice weather, activities, lifestyle, other celebrities. You know, things rich people like?

Giannis94
12-01-2018, 12:24 AM
Hot girls, nice weather, activities, lifestyle, other celebrities. You know, things rich people like?
Yeah but a rich person can do those things and not have to play with lebron. They alone is a huge plus. I respect lebren and his greatness. But teammates never go out of their way to talk positively sboit him like other stars. He's just not somebody a person that moves to LA wants to interact with.

ewing
12-01-2018, 12:27 AM

Are the practice facilities nice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ewing
12-01-2018, 12:41 AM

I think Butler probably hates LeBron bc he has meet LeBron

ewing
12-01-2018, 12:43 AM

The entire hating lebron thing or living in his shadow thing just bothers me and it seems kl and butler have the biggest issues with it yet both guys want to win... so basically they want super max contracts/on a top team but want to be the top dog... that situation just isnt likely... It might be likely for KL if he stays with Toronto but these dudes thing this is burger king where they can have it their way and in this NBA you gotta sacrifice something.

Butler isn’t top dog in Philly and so far he seems ok with it. Maybe LeBron really is a douche

More-Than-Most
12-01-2018, 02:15 AM
Butler isn’t top dog in Philly and so far he seems ok with it. Maybe LeBron really is a douche

lebron is def a douche but so are all the best players outside of maybe duncan... MJ/Kobe/Lebron/Shaq/Magic

I hope butler is fine with being a 2nd option but time will tell.

Sidenote- Would you trade KP/Knock 2 firsts for AD? I honestly thing if KP comes back and shows hes healthy that is a deal that could beat any deal boston/lakers could offer just because of how loved KP is around the league and how high his potential is.

FlashBolt
12-01-2018, 02:33 AM
Yeah but a rich person can do those things and not have to play with lebron. They alone is a huge plus. I respect lebren and his greatness. But teammates never go out of their way to talk positively sboit him like other stars. He's just not somebody a person that moves to LA wants to interact with.

Uhhh, a lot of people go out of their way to speak about LeBron. In fact, many athletes do. OBJ, Adrian Peterson, Antonio Brown, etc., I can pull up a list of more names but I'm having difficulty with how you came to the conclusion that they don't speak about LeBron positively. Wade, Bosh, Love, Mo Williams, Mike Miller, James Jones, Cedi.. I mean, which list should I pull up outside of his own teammates? Don't let Kyrie wanting his own spotlight frame this into a negative reaction about LeBron. Kyrie wanted his own team. It was the only reason he resigned in 2014 before LeBron announced he was going back to Cleveland. When he found out LeBron was coming, he already wanted out. And hey... your buddy at Milwaukee stated he was recruiting LeBron to the Bucks... so you might want to think long and hard about Giannis coming to the Lakers soon.

lebron is def a douche but so are all the best players outside of maybe duncan... MJ/Kobe/Lebron/Shaq/Magic

I hope butler is fine with being a 2nd option but time will tell.

Sidenote- Would you trade KP/Knock 2 firsts for AD? I honestly thing if KP comes back and shows hes healthy that is a deal that could beat any deal boston/lakers could offer just because of how loved KP is around the league and how high his potential is.

Lol. You're just saying that because you want Butler to resign. LeBron has an ego but douche is a totally different category of a person. Douche = MJ, Kobe, KG. I wouldn't consider LeBron a douche in that category.

More-Than-Most
12-01-2018, 02:51 AM
Uhhh, a lot of people go out of their way to speak about LeBron. In fact, many athletes do. OBJ, Adrian Peterson, Antonio Brown, etc., I can pull up a list of more names but I'm having difficulty with how you came to the conclusion that they don't speak about LeBron positively. Wade, Bosh, Love, Mo Williams, Mike Miller, James Jones, Cedi.. I mean, which list should I pull up outside of his own teammates? Don't let Kyrie wanting his own spotlight frame this into a negative reaction about LeBron. Kyrie wanted his own team. It was the only reason he resigned in 2014 before LeBron announced he was going back to Cleveland. When he found out LeBron was coming, he already wanted out. And hey... your buddy at Milwaukee stated he was recruiting LeBron to the Bucks... so you might want to think long and hard about Giannis coming to the Lakers soon.

Lol. You're just saying that because you want Butler to resign. LeBron has an ego but douche is a totally different category of a person. Douche = MJ, Kobe, KG. I wouldn't consider LeBron a douche in that category.

Lol Embiid is also a Douche to be completely honest and I think butler will resign but i dont buy him being alright with being a 2nd option and tbh him and simmons as long as embiid is healthy will always be the 2nd option because quite frankly they arent as talented as him... Its easy to be happy as the 2nd option when a team is winning but the second we start losing for any extended period will tell alot in my opinion.

Giannis94
12-01-2018, 09:28 AM

No way in hell Giannis is going to LA. He hates if markets.

But Dec 15 is right around the corner. I wouldn't be shocked if lebron demands a trade from that train wreck of an Organization. And just to be fair, LeGm won't make the team any better when he cleans house. He's shown he's an awful gm. An okay coach, and a great it douchey player.

buckalis
12-01-2018, 10:29 AM
Giannis to the... Lakers! I can see Giannis laughing all day if he was ever proposed that... The Lakers fans must be really, really, REALLY REALLY naive, if it ever crossed their minds... :speechless:

IndyRealist
12-01-2018, 10:50 AM
Lebron has never come across more douchey than any other multi-millionaire top pro athlete, except for the Decision. In fact he seems like a nice guy.

Tg11
12-01-2018, 12:03 PM
LeBron ain't leaving the Lakers because in order to move LeBron it is gonna be hard because he's maxed in at 154 mil for 4 years and yeah a lot of teams they would want that contract but even so who has the cap space? No way Magic moves LeBron unless LeBron really wanted out of LA...but more Magic will make moves come Deadline and clean house

Vinylman
12-01-2018, 01:40 PM

NO Out:
Anthony Davis
D Miller

Toronto Out:
J. Valanciunas
CJ Miles
OG Anunoby
2020 2nd
2021 1st

After trade:
Toronto:
Green - Richardson
Leonard - Miller
Siakam - Ibaka
Davis - Monroe

Pelicans:
Payton - Frazier
Holiday - Miles
Anunoby - Moore
Mirotic - Randle

Deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I think you are wrong... they will probably want Hart vs Ball

Vinylman
12-01-2018, 01:43 PM
Lebron has never come across more douchey than any other multi-millionaire top pro athlete, except for the Decision. In fact he seems like a nice guy.

pretty much this

warfelg
12-01-2018, 01:47 PM
Deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will likely be both and maybe Kuzma too. ADs contract runs long enough that the Pels aren’t in a rush to deal him.

Vinylman
12-01-2018, 01:55 PM
It will likely be both and maybe Kuzma too. ADs contract runs long enough that the Pels aren’t in a rush to deal him.

What? His trade value will start going down once the season is over. He is basically an expiring next year... the last year on his deal is a player option not team option... he is basically KL/JB 2.0

Seriously, he is gone by the deadline IMO if they think he can't be re-signed.

tp13baby
12-01-2018, 02:55 PM

I can. Kuzma is the better player. Ingram hasn’t really improved. He doesn’t scare me. He soft and he disappears for too long. Kuzma has the balls to come right at you. Spreads the floor. Minnesota picked the correct trade partner.

GREATNESS ONE
12-01-2018, 08:42 PM
Deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ingram, Hart, Kuzma, KCP, Wagner, 2 1st rounders

More-Than-Most
12-01-2018, 08:45 PM
Ingram, Hart, Kuzma, KCP, Wagner, 2 1st rounders

that probably gets it done.

GREATNESS ONE
12-01-2018, 08:58 PM
that probably gets it done.

I just think we wait to make a move for AD until Summer.... I can see us signing KD.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-03-2018, 08:52 AM
Reason talks didn't go anywhere is cause all the big contracts Lakers have were newly signed this summer. Not sure if its December 15 or whatever before any of Rondo,KCP,Lance,Beasley can be traded. So that's more less the reason Lakers didn't get any legit talks going. Cause I doubt Wolves wanted to hang onto the circus of Butler for that long. Also Lakers stretched out Deng to soon.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-03-2018, 08:58 AM
If AD is traded. They will be more less called the New Orleans Lakers/Celtics. Cause it will take a few players to get him.

Tg11
12-03-2018, 10:07 AM
Reason talks didn't go anywhere is cause all the big contracts Lakers have were newly signed this summer. Not sure if its December 15 or whatever before any of Rondo,KCP,Lance,Beasley can be traded. So that's more less the reason Lakers didn't get any legit talks going. Cause I doubt Wolves wanted to hang onto the circus of Butler for that long. Also Lakers stretched out Deng to soon.

Then to get AD in a Lakers uniform they would have to trade Ingram, Lonzo, KCP, and at least 2 draft picks all to New Orleans just to acquire AD

For the Celtics we would have to give up a lot too probably give up Jayson Tatum, Gordon Hayward, Marcus Morris and probably 2 lottery protected picks to acquire AD which I would be all right with

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-03-2018, 10:16 AM
Then to get AD in a Lakers uniform they would have to trade Ingram, Lonzo, KCP, and at least 2 draft picks all to New Orleans just to acquire AD

For the Celtics we would have to give up a lot too probably give up Jayson Tatum, Gordon Hayward, Marcus Morris and probably 2 lottery protected picks to acquire AD which I would be all right with

Celtics cant trade for AD this year. Its that Rose rule with him and Irving under contract.

https://www.celticsblog.com/2018/11/26/18111415/the-boston-celtics-cant-trade-for-anthony-davis-this-year-new-orleans-pelicans-nba-trade-rumors

Tg11
12-03-2018, 10:20 AM
Celtics cant trade for AD this year. Its that Rose rule with him and Irving under contract.

https://www.celticsblog.com/2018/11/26/18111415/the-boston-celtics-cant-trade-for-anthony-davis-this-year-new-orleans-pelicans-nba-trade-rumors

That sucks but then if AD decided to sign with us in free agency because it could happen but if it does then that puts my Celtics over the hump

GREATNESS ONE
12-03-2018, 12:01 PM

Finally someone understands :clap:

Hawkeye15
12-03-2018, 04:04 PM

the only reason I ever became a big LeBron fan is he was getting A-Rod/Tiger hate back in the late 00's. I didn't understand it. Those guys are literally full of themselves d-bags, where LeBron has always seemed like legit a very good man.

Never got it man. I am glad he surpassed the hype, and became what he did.

Storch
12-04-2018, 12:05 AM
This isnt news. No one is untouchable in the lakers young core. Magic will trade them for the right deal, he is a business man. He wont pass up a good deal.

GREATNESS ONE
12-04-2018, 12:08 AM
This isnt news. No one is untouchable in the lakers young core. Magic will trade them for the right deal, he is a business man. He wont pass up a good deal.

:nod:

Lakers First.

FlashBolt
12-05-2018, 06:31 AM
AD is pushing his way to the Lakers. You don't switch agents unless another agent gets you a better deal. What can Rich Paul do for AD that any other agent can't? Access to the Lakers. If you don't think Rich Paul (he's LeBron's assistant) has brought up the idea to AD at all, you're playing checkers while they play chess. Rich Paul is an extension of LeBron moving pieces where he wants them. I would like Lakers to keep Zo because I think he's very valuable in pushing the ball and playing defense but if Lakers can get AD, they should trade everyone but Bron. And let's be honest here... LeBron and AD and Javale guarding the paint with shooters surrounding them is going to easily be the 2nd best team in the NBA.

FlashBolt
12-05-2018, 06:35 AM
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/othersport/1054305/NBA-news-Anthony-Davis-Los-Angeles-Lakers-Boston-Celtics-Pelicans-trade-gossip-rumours

An article saying the same as I've said regarding Bron playing chess. Bron is the agent of these players. Paul is just there because they need to bypass the rules. I would not be surprised if AD gets his way into the Lakers. Pelicans are 12th in the seeding and while still very early and a few games separate the standings, they aren't a good team at all. They likely miss the playoffs as it is. Pelicans will start feeling the pressure and bad management may force them to panic and trade AD to the Lakers.

Heediot
12-05-2018, 10:49 AM
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/othersport/1054305/NBA-news-Anthony-Davis-Los-Angeles-Lakers-Boston-Celtics-Pelicans-trade-gossip-rumours

An article saying the same as I've said regarding Bron playing chess. Bron is the agent of these players. Paul is just there because they need to bypass the rules. I would not be surprised if AD gets his way into the Lakers. Pelicans are 12th in the seeding and while still very early and a few games separate the standings, they aren't a good team at all. They likely miss the playoffs as it is. Pelicans will start feeling the pressure and bad management may force them to panic and trade AD to the Lakers.

Maybe Lakers do it over summer after signing another max guy. Bron-AD-Max guy. Kyrie would be wet as he fits nicely with those two, but who knows the truth about him not wanting to be in Brons shadow. Surround them with 3-d guys and that's like Cavs + AD vs. Warriors + KD. I think they can take down GS at that point. Just need to have enough salary going to the Pels for AD.

warfelg
12-05-2018, 11:02 AM
AD is pushing his way to the Lakers. You don't switch agents unless another agent gets you a better deal. What can Rich Paul do for AD that any other agent can't? Access to the Lakers. If you don't think Rich Paul (he's LeBron's assistant) has brought up the idea to AD at all, you're playing checkers while they play chess. Rich Paul is an extension of LeBron moving pieces where he wants them. I would like Lakers to keep Zo because I think he's very valuable in pushing the ball and playing defense but if Lakers can get AD, they should trade everyone but Bron. And let's be honest here... LeBron and AD and Javale guarding the paint with shooters surrounding them is going to easily be the 2nd best team in the NBA.

From what I’ve been told, as far as NBA contracts all agents are basically the same.

Where they differ is what endorsements they get you. Some agents can get you the big national endorsements, some have better ins with shoe companies to get you a signature shoe or more freedoms within the company.

Right now Rich Paul and Klutch have a wide reaching network for endorsements that most agents don’t have (via LeBron). Wouldn’t shock me is 10-12 years after LeBron retires some other agent has a corner on the best off court endorsement agent.

FlashBolt
12-06-2018, 07:07 AM
Just another point to my case, Kevin Durant is already trying to justify why he will join the Lakers. "LeBron brings a toxic environment, players like Kawhi or those who are trying to figure out their role don't want to play with LeBron." Why bring any of this up that detailed unless he is trying to push the narrative that he will be joining a HOSTILE environment and this, in his mind, will justify a move to the Lakers in that he wants to prove that he can handle that pressure. It'd odd Durant went this in-depth about it. It's almost as if he's preparing his arrival to the Lakers.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-06-2018, 08:14 AM
Yeah I just read on MSN home page this morning. KD said it be difficult to play with LeBron so he maybe out next summer. No wonder Lakers may trade for Wall. That rumor is Ingram,Ball,KCP for Wall. Deal cant happen till December 15 cause KCP is a fresh contract. I guess if you get Wall. Cousins may join Lakers next summer since he's best buds with Wall.

FlashBolt
12-06-2018, 10:29 AM
Yeah I just read on MSN home page this morning. KD said it be difficult to play with LeBron so he maybe out next summer. No wonder Lakers may trade for Wall. That rumor is Ingram,Ball,KCP for Wall. Deal cant happen till December 15 cause KCP is a fresh contract. I guess if you get Wall. Cousins may join Lakers next summer since he's best buds with Wall.

Lol. No, it means even more that KD will JOIN the Lakers. Why? Because he spoke way too in-depth which makes me believe he's already thought out the process. This wasn't KD explaining why others wouldn't play with LeBron. It's him explaining why he will. Think about it. If you're KD, how the hell did you think about all of this and then decide to tell media about it? He's justifying his move to the Lakers. It's why he said this:

“If you’re a younger player like a Kawhi, trying to pair him with LeBron James doesn’t really make sense.

“Kawhi enjoys having the ball in his hands, controlling the offense, dictating the tempo with his post-ups; it’s how he plays the game. A lot of young players are developing that skill. They don’t need another guy.”

1) Durant ain't young. He's 30.
2) Durant has proven he doesn't need the ball in his hands by playing with Curry.
3) Durant doesn't need to develop any skills.

Durant, IMO, is basically implying that he's capable of playing next to LeBron but understands why others wouldn't.

FlashBolt
12-06-2018, 10:32 AM

Lakers don't want or need Wall. Ball will be a better player, IMO. By player, I don't mean just via stats. Wall will get you stats. Ball will get your defense, high IQ plays, and he doesn't cause problems. It makes no sense to get Wall when everyone knows his contract sucks balls. Why would Lakers trade three positive asset players (KCP is on a final year deal so he will help clear cap) with two very young high talented draft picks for a player who is a huge liabiltiy in terms of what you get from him?

Vinylman
12-06-2018, 11:39 AM
Lol. No, it means even more that KD will JOIN the Lakers. Why? Because he spoke way too in-depth which makes me believe he's already thought out the process. This wasn't KD explaining why others wouldn't play with LeBron. It's him explaining why he will. Think about it. If you're KD, how the hell did you think about all of this and then decide to tell media about it? He's justifying his move to the Lakers. It's why he said this:

“If you’re a younger player like a Kawhi, trying to pair him with LeBron James doesn’t really make sense.

“Kawhi enjoys having the ball in his hands, controlling the offense, dictating the tempo with his post-ups; it’s how he plays the game. A lot of young players are developing that skill. They don’t need another guy.”

1) Durant ain't young. He's 30.
2) Durant has proven he doesn't need the ball in his hands by playing with Curry.
3) Durant doesn't need to develop any skills.

Durant, IMO, is basically implying that he's capable of playing next to LeBron but understands why others wouldn't.

This is my take also... it is funny how people don't understand what he is saying

Hawkeye15
12-06-2018, 11:44 AM
KD doubling down on his feminism would be so sweet

GREATNESS ONE
12-06-2018, 01:10 PM
FlashBolt has been on point lately :nod:

GREATNESS ONE
12-06-2018, 01:11 PM

KD/Bron :drool:

IndyRealist
12-06-2018, 01:24 PM
Shrug, what I see is everyone hearing what they want to hear.

MygirlhatesCod
12-06-2018, 01:50 PM

yup.

Vinylman
12-06-2018, 02:05 PM

you can see that... wow... what other super powers do you have?

SteBO
12-07-2018, 12:42 PM
If by sweet you mean nauseating, then yes I agree. Especially after his toxicity commentary.

Hawkeye15
12-07-2018, 02:57 PM
If by sweet you mean nauseating, then yes I agree. Especially after his toxicity commentary.

Do you see a LeBron/Durant team winning it all? I know LeBron is amazing, but he is getting older by the year.

GREATNESS ONE
12-07-2018, 03:12 PM
Do you see a LeBron/Durant team winning it all? I know LeBron is amazing, but he is getting older by the year.

Yes definitely

Lakers + Giants
12-07-2018, 03:20 PM

Are we better than the current warriors? Don't think so.

Removing KD from warriors and pairing him with LeBron? I think we've got as good a shot as any team in the league.

IKnowHoops
12-08-2018, 04:48 PM
😂

IKnowHoops
12-08-2018, 04:49 PM

Yeah, I honestly was leaning more to Durant shading Lebron, and trying to talk any good player out of playing with him...because if Bron does get a squad, he knows he won’t be able to deal with him.

IKnowHoops
12-08-2018, 04:50 PM

Is this a trick question? Bron/Durant😂

Bron uses as little energy as possible more than ever, but when he wants to be, he is still the scariest athlete on the court. Still super strong, can still score easier than anyone with the tiniest bit of energy output. He goes through the motions to score and sometimes pays for it with the lax effort.

Switch
12-08-2018, 05:23 PM
A KD/LeBron led team would easily be the title favorites. LeBron is getting older but he has shown no signs of slowing down.

WaDe03
12-11-2018, 02:30 PM
Damn, that's crazy. Perfect timing for the Sixers, honestly. Lots of salaries being unloaded next season and just in time for some solid free agents. I thought Sixers were the best place for LeBron if he wanted to win and man, I think it's truer than ever. LeBron+Ben+Embiid+Butler would definitely have given the Warriors a run for their money.

They would’ve beat the **** out of the Warriors lol

Hawkeye15
12-11-2018, 03:40 PM
Are we better than the current warriors? Don't think so.

Removing KD from warriors and pairing him with LeBron? I think we've got as good a shot as any team in the league.

that is fair. I don't think they would win it all personally.