PDA

View Full Version : WEST: At least two out of Rockets, Jazz, Spurs & Pelicans will have to rebuild

buckalis
11-29-2018, 05:25 AM
As ranking starts to clear out In the West conference standings, it seems unlikely that any out of GSW, Blazers, Thunder, Nuggets, Clippers & Lakers will miss the playoffs, which means that there are only two seeds left for all Grizzlies, Mavericks, Pelicans, Wolves, Kings, Spurs, Jazz & Rockets to occupy...

While Grizzlies, Mavericks, Wolves & the Kings are expected to continue their roster development even if they don't make it to the playoffs, at least two (could be three or all four) out of Rockets, Jazz, Spurs & the Pelicans should be expected to blow the team up and move to a rebuild if they don't...

But even if it will be two out of the four of them that could finally make it, they may very well consider that it is best to blow the team up before the February's trade deadline, so that they can have back in return assets of considerable value out of the teams that will be after challenging GSW in the West, or the teams of the East that are competing to win the East and play to the finals...

What it means, is simply that all Chris Paul, James Harden, Eric Gordon, Jrue Holiday, DeMar DeRozan, LaMarcus Aldridge & Rudy Gay have very high chances to be available for a trade by February, with Derrick Favors and Anthony Davis having less chances because of their age that permits building around...

All in all, the playoffs may turn to be quite exiting and unpredictable this season...

Saddletramp
11-29-2018, 05:30 AM
As ranking starts to clear out In the West conference standings, it seems unlikely that any out of GSW, Blazers, Thunder, Nuggets, Clippers & Lakers will miss the playoffs, which means that there are only two seeds left for all Grizzlies, Mavericks, Pelicans, Wolves, Kings, Spurs, Jazz & Rockets to occupy...

While Grizzlies, Mavericks, Wolves & the Kings are expected to continue their roster development even if they don't make it to the playoffs, at least two (could be three or all four) out of Rockets, Jazz, Spurs & the Pelicans should be expected to blow the team up and move to a rebuild if they don't...

But even if it will be two out of the four of them that could finally make it, they may very well consider that it is best to blow the team up before the February's trade deadline, so that they can have back in return assets of considerable value out of the teams that will be after challenging GSW in the West, or the teams of the East that are competing to win the East and play to the finals...

What it means, is simply that all Chris Paul, James Harden, Eric Gordon, Jrue Holiday, DeMar DeRozan, LaMarcus Aldridge & Rudy Gay have very high chances to be available for a trade by February, with Derrick Favors and Anthony Davis having less chances because of their age that permits building around...

All in all, the playoffs may turn to be quite exiting and unpredictable this season...

Lol.

buckalis
11-29-2018, 07:02 AM

If one adds the Heat out of the East that could well follow the Wizzards in their decision for partial rebuilt and the Cavs and the Hawks that are already in a rebuilt mode and adds dissapointed by their teams players that are asking to be moved, and expiring contracts out of these teams that are unlikely to be renewed, the list of players that have high chances to be available for a trade may include any out of Chris Paul, James Harden, Eric Gordon, Jrue Holiday, Nikola Mirotic, DeMar DeRozan, LaMarcus Aldridge, Rudy Gay, Hassan Whiteside, Goran Dragic, Milos Teodosic, Bradley Beal, John Wall, George Hill, Kevin Love, JR Smith, Tristan Thompson, Jeremy Lin, Dewyne Dedmon & Kent Bazemore who have very high chances to be available for a trade by February, with Derrick Favors and Anthony Davis having less chances because of their age that permits building around...

ewing
11-29-2018, 08:40 AM
I read this post. Donít make the same mistake I did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmellofan15
11-29-2018, 09:16 AM

How you liking Trey Burke over there in NY?

warfelg
11-29-2018, 09:26 AM
ThisPostGaveMeCancer.meme

McAllen Tx
11-29-2018, 09:29 AM

I read the 1st paragraph then decided to scroll down before continuing just to get a glimpse of what posters have to say. I'm gonna take your word on it and move on.

ewing
11-29-2018, 09:33 AM
How you liking Trey Burke over there in NY?

I don't mind him. He just isn't good enough. He has a great handle, reasonable jump shot, and he plays hard. He is also very undersized, not lighting fast, an adequate but not really a plus passer, and he doesn't create a ton of pace. I hope he finds an NBA home as a backup either in NY or elsewhere. I think he is can help someone in that role.

Vinylman
11-29-2018, 10:10 AM
Haha... I don't even read this guys posts... I just go straight to the responses... solid as usual on the mockery

smith&wesson
11-29-2018, 10:32 AM

Itís to early ... thereís like 60 games left. The standing will look very different in a few months.

buckalis
11-29-2018, 11:09 AM
Itís to early ... thereís like 60 games left. The standing will look very different in a few months.

Quite correct, but still, there are no more than two places available for 7 teams and even if two out of the ones mentioned make it to the lower seeds of the standings, there is a high chance that they may consider that they have no future in competing for higher, with their major assets ageing and no valuable access to the higher picks...

There are many similar examples one may recall from past history... and again, dealing trades before the deadline, with teams that are ambitious to succeed this season, benefits the seller the most, than it would if the seller waits until the after season free agency, where there will be many free agents available as alternatives for the buyer.

Rivera
11-29-2018, 11:10 AM
ThisPostGaveMeCancer.meme

https://pics.me.me/that-post-gave-me-cancer-1380506.png

Mr.B
11-29-2018, 11:47 AM

DeRozan to Dallas please

buckalis
11-29-2018, 12:05 PM
DeRozan to Dallas please

IMO, the Spurs have the highest probability as to be among the teams that will want to start their rebuilt this season, particularly so because the end of the "Popovic era" is highly rumored, with coach Pops retiring...

MygirlhatesCod
11-29-2018, 12:38 PM
I usually dismiss improper grammar because at times I am guilty just like everyone else, but how is it possible for you to have so many all the time?

spell check is free AF yo.

WhiteShadow42
11-29-2018, 01:13 PM
One thing about Buckalis's threads. The posts are very creative.

buckalis
11-29-2018, 02:51 PM
One thing about Buckalis's threads. The posts are very creative.

It's because they are the only ones that are backed up with reasoning... I suggest you do what I've done... Put everybody that doesn't post with reasoning to your ignore list and all those who confess that suffer from (brain) cancer too... You may end up being able to have a conversation in here...

Mr.B
11-29-2018, 03:14 PM
IMO, the Spurs have the highest probability as to be among the teams that will want to start their rebuilt this season, particularly so because the end of the "Popovic era" is highly rumored, with coach Pops retiring...

I would love for DeRozen to come to Dallas but the only thing Dallas has to offer is cap space. Considering several teams will be able to offer the same thing I donít see Pop preferring to send him to a division foe. I would love it to happen but itís more than a long shot to happen.

buckalis
11-29-2018, 04:14 PM
I would love for DeRozen to come to Dallas but the only thing Dallas has to offer is cap space. Considering several teams will be able to offer the same thing I donít see Pop preferring to send him to a division foe. I would love it to happen but itís more than a long shot to happen.

All those are the kind of teams that are used to "play" in the front stage, I would therefore expect them to opt for a quick rebuilt, that would lead to them replacing their "heavier" contracts for younger players with talent and for picks...

If I would use an example of what I mean, say that it's the Rockets looking to trade CP3... IMO, they would look to deal with a team like the Orlando Magic that has plenty of talented PFs but is desperately looking for a quality PG, in a trade that would include A.Gordon, so that they can replace what they miss more from their team this season, after Ariza left (a quality PF) and then they would look to add cap space and a pick...

Then they would probably continue doing the same for their other positions, depending on where they see that their team is weaker... but in any case, I believe they would avoid trading for a direct replacement with a team that has an alternative (no PG for PG, or wing for wing... etc)... just my 2 cents.

Chronz
11-29-2018, 04:18 PM
All those are the kind of teams that are used to "play" in the front stage, I would therefore expect them to opt for a quick rebuilt, that would lead to them replacing their "heavier" contracts for younger players with talent and for picks...

If I would use an example of what I mean, say that it's the Rockets looking to trade CP3... IMO, they would look to deal with a team like the Orlando Magic that has plenty of talented PFs but is desperately looking for a quality PG, in a trade that would include A.Gordon, so that they can replace what they miss more from their team this season, after Ariza left (a quality PF) and then they would look to add cap space and a pick...

Then they would probably continue doing the same for their other positions, depending on where they see that their team is weaker... but in any case, I believe they would avoid trading for a direct replacement with a team that has an alternative (no PG for PG, or wing for wing... etc)... just my 2 cents.

A team like Orlando would never trade for a pg like cp3 because the timeline is so far off. It's literally the worst trade you could conjure for cp3. Lol he's not playing there man

Mr.B
11-29-2018, 09:32 PM

I had a discussion with some other Mavs fans today about the status of DSJ. He hasnít quite fit in to the new team with Luka. Now itís still really early in his career and early in the development of this current team so it would be really early to give up on DSJ already but if the Spurs were willing to give up DeRozen I would consider DSJ/Wes Matthews (young player/cap space) for him.

Again it would still be really early to give up on DSJ but DeRozen would be a great fit next to Luka. Just a thought.

LaVar Ball
11-30-2018, 02:38 AM
Spurs and Pelicans will have to rebuild

I think Pop retires at the end of this year. Especially after his comment about the league being boring and basketball having lost its art due to everyone shooting 3's.

Timmy retiring, Parker to Hornets, Kawhi getting traded away, and Manu retiring. I think Pop trying to establish a core around DeRozan and Aldridge so he can leave the organization and team in a solid place for the future. But I do think it's over for a Pop-led Spurs team.

Kind of like how Phil Jackson's time ran out as the league changed underneath him. No longer about the triangle etc.

buckalis
11-30-2018, 05:12 AM
I had a discussion with some other Mavs fans today about the status of DSJ. He hasnít quite fit in to the new team with Luka. Now itís still really early in his career and early in the development of this current team so it would be really early to give up on DSJ already but if the Spurs were willing to give up DeRozen I would consider DSJ/Wes Matthews (young player/cap space) for him.

Again it would still be really early to give up on DSJ but DeRozen would be a great fit next to Luka. Just a thought.
I believe that teams with many expiring contracts in their roster like the Mavericks are, will mainly be after improving their roster out of free agency and/or by buying picks...

The teams that would be after the major All Stars that may be available for trade, should be the ones that have high chances to play in the finals this season (ie. the 4 major teams in the East) and then the Lakers, the Blazers, the Nuggets and the Clippers out of the West. That said, 3 team deals that include other teams, should also be expected.

Vinylman
11-30-2018, 09:22 AM
It's because they are the only ones that are backed up with reasoning... I suggest you do what I've done... Put everybody that doesn't post with reasoning to your ignore list and all those who confess that suffer from (brain) cancer too... You may end up being able to have a conversation in here...

This post brought to you by the 3 entities in Buckalis's head

Mr.B
11-30-2018, 02:37 PM
I believe that teams with many expiring contracts in their roster like the Mavericks are, will mainly be after improving their roster out of free agency and/or by buying picks...

The teams that would be after the major All Stars that may be available for trade, should be the ones that have high chances to play in the finals this season (ie. the 4 major teams in the East) and then the Lakers, the Blazers, the Nuggets and the Clippers out of the West. That said, 3 team deals that include other teams, should also be expected.

You think the Lakers have a high chance to play in the Finals?

buckalis
11-30-2018, 03:03 PM
You think the Lakers have a high chance to play in the Finals?

Look... Lebron has a record for playing in 8 consecutive finals... do you think that he will give up in trying for a 9th?

The Lakers by signing Lebron, have condemn themselves to do things his way... It means that whoever Lebron wants to stay, he stays... who ever Lebron wants to be traded, he will be traded... Whoever Lebron wants to be landed (after he knows that the other player agrees to join), he will be landed... What I therefore know for sure, is that the Lakers will look much different by the trade deadline and yes... that Lebron will try and beat the GSW and have a 9th consecutive final... He will try... if he will succeed, that's a different subject...

WhiteShadow42
11-30-2018, 04:24 PM

LOL. Just having fun man. No worries.

buckalis
11-30-2018, 05:37 PM
LOL. Just having fun man. No worries.

Why should I worry? ...I also put those that are "having fun" in my ignore... :)

Mr.B
11-30-2018, 11:02 PM
Look... Lebron has a record for playing in 8 consecutive finals... do you think that he will give up in trying for a 9th?

The Lakers by signing Lebron, have condemn themselves to do things his way... It means that whoever Lebron wants to stay, he stays... who ever Lebron wants to be traded, he will be traded... Whoever Lebron wants to be landed (after he knows that the other player agrees to join), he will be landed... What I therefore know for sure, is that the Lakers will look much different by the trade deadline and yes... that Lebron will try and beat the GSW and have a 9th consecutive final... He will try... if he will succeed, that's a different subject...

Labron is great, itís the rest of the team that isnít good enough yet. Iím not saying they wonít make the playoffs because just having Labron on your team pretty much guarantees that. I just donít think the rest of the team is good enough to get to the Finals. Iím sure they will eventually but not this season.

buckalis
12-01-2018, 07:35 AM
Lebron is great, itís the rest of the team that isnít good enough yet. Iím not saying they wonít make the playoffs because just having Lebron on your team pretty much guarantees that. I just donít think the rest of the team is good enough to get to the Finals. Iím sure they will eventually but not this season.

It could be by this season... It all depends on the quality of players that will be available for trade by the deadline... If some all stars will be available by teams that may decide to move on a rebuilt (which seems to be very possible the more the season progresses), the Lakers will be a highly wanted partner for a possible trade, due to the youth they can offer in return.

Tg11
12-01-2018, 12:07 PM
Labron is great, itís the rest of the team that isnít good enough yet. Iím not saying they wonít make the playoffs because just having Labron on your team pretty much guarantees that. I just donít think the rest of the team is good enough to get to the Finals. Iím sure they will eventually but not this season.

I say the only ones who will be safe or who should be safe are Kuzma and Josh Hart. The Lakers should keep both guys and trade preferably Ingram and Lonzo.

tp13baby
12-01-2018, 03:24 PM

Denver doesnít need to make a move. Starters havenít gotten rolling yet. And our bench might be our greatest strength. No Barton, Porter Jr. (I know we know nothing about him but he is talented), and Isiah who isnít even guaranteed minutes coming back. We have the highest used bench in the league, one of the most effective, which is a huge reason we are a top 3 team in the west, best road record in the west, and the only team with a offensive and defensive efflciency in the top 10. This team reminds me of the Post melo teams, except more star potential that plus defense. Trading for anyone would take our best young talent and likely not set us up well

buckalis
12-01-2018, 03:59 PM
Denver doesnít need to make a move. Starters havenít gotten rolling yet. And our bench might be our greatest strength. No Barton, Porter Jr. (I know we know nothing about him but he is talented), and Isiah who isnít even guaranteed minutes coming back. We have the highest used bench in the league, one of the most effective, which is a huge reason we are a top 3 team in the west, best road record in the west, and the only team with a offensive and defensive efflciency in the top 10. This team reminds me of the Post melo teams, except more star potential that plus defense. Trading for anyone would take our best young talent and likely not set us up well

I never mentioned the Nuggets as being possible to rebuilt in the O/P... I think I'm clear... "at least two (maybe all) out of Jazz, Rockets, Utah and Pelicans will have to rebuilt" is what I say in the O/P... IMO, most possible is that it will be three (Rockets, Spurs and Pels...).

Tg11
12-01-2018, 06:12 PM
Pelicans are the most likely to rebuild out of all those teams hands down especially if AD leaves

Saddletramp
12-01-2018, 06:33 PM
The Rockets arenít going to rebuild. Thatís just ****ing stupid. Tillman Fertitta didnít pay over $2 billion and re-sign Chris Paul to that max deal just to rebuild. More than likely, theyíll be contenders (of some sort) for a few more years until CP3 is done and then make a decision regarding their future.

But this year? Yeah.....no dice.

GREATNESS ONE
12-01-2018, 11:40 PM
Another amazing thread from PSD's best poster!

Mr.B
12-02-2018, 01:35 AM
It could be by this season... It all depends on the quality of players that will be available for trade by the deadline... If some all stars will be available by teams that may decide to move on a rebuilt (which seems to be very possible the more the season progresses), the Lakers will be a highly wanted partner for a possible trade, due to the youth they can offer in return.

Itís going to be interesting to see what offers they get for Ingram. He might the best player available this trade deadline. If the Lakers are going to get themselves in position to make a run at the Finals heís going to be the trade chip that brings in the player the Lakers need.

LaVar Ball
12-02-2018, 01:54 AM
Another amazing thread from PSD's best poster!

This thread screams titttaayyyysss!!!

Saddletramp
12-02-2018, 07:04 AM
This thread screams titttaayyyysss!!!

P&G Realist is back! Only after a few bans! Get it!

GREATNESS ONE
12-02-2018, 12:44 PM
P&G Realist is back! Only after a few bans! Get it!

Lol wrong guess!

And finally the witch is dead/banned!

GREATNESS ONE
12-02-2018, 12:45 PM
Itís going to be interesting to see what offers they get for Ingram. He might the best player available this trade deadline. If the Lakers are going to get themselves in position to make a run at the Finals heís going to be the trade chip that brings in the player the Lakers need.

What player do you think we can realistically get?

tp13baby
12-02-2018, 07:47 PM
I never mentioned the Nuggets as being possible to rebuilt in the O/P... I think I'm clear... "at least two (maybe all) out of Jazz, Rockets, Utah and Pelicans will have to rebuilt" is what I say in the O/P... IMO, most possible is that it will be three (Rockets, Spurs and Pels...).

I replied to the wrong quote. Another person mentioned how the other contenders in the east and mentioned a few west teams should make a deal

Mr.B
12-02-2018, 10:37 PM
What player do you think we can realistically get?

Great question. Depends on whoís available and whoís the best fit with Labron. Whoever they get may not be as talented as Ingram but heíll be a better for for the team Iím sure. They should get a lot of offers though. A lot of teams would love to add Ingram to their core.

THE MTL
12-03-2018, 12:10 AM
Way too early. I say the only lock is Golden Stste

TrueFan420
12-03-2018, 01:07 AM
Way too early. I say the only lock is Golden Stste
Youíre right, they are the only team thatís a lock rebuild.

Tg11
12-03-2018, 10:26 AM
The only team who is rebuilding out of the teams mentioned are the Pelicans once Anthony Davis leaves; Pelicans are a lock to rebuild

Spurs will most likely rebuild should Pop retire as coach but they will most likely stay a playoff team if they resign DeRozan long term as well as keep Aldridge

Rockets won't rebuild if they have Harden long term and not to mention Paul is a lock for at least a couple of years and I know a lot of free agents are gonna want to play in Houston because Harden and Paul are there

Jazz are probably one of the best teams in the West still even though it is still early in the season to panic but also Jazz have floor spacing/3 point shooting now in Korver and Ingles & Mitchell & Gobert are still there plus Rubio...I wouldn't be surprised if they stay a playoff team for a couple more years until they tank and rebuild