PDA

View Full Version : Korver traded to the Utah Jazz

aman_13
11-28-2018, 07:34 PM
For two second round picks.

https://mobile.twitter.com/wojespn/status/1067921948343234566?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

aman_13
11-28-2018, 07:37 PM
Utah will send two future second-round picks to the Cavs for Korver, league sources tell ESPN. https://t.co/lismhVt0JHó Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) November 28, 2018

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

LeonFSU
11-28-2018, 07:48 PM
Cleveland gets Alec Burks too. Seems unlikely Cleveland could do much better than that. I guess Utah needed to do something.

dhopisthename
11-28-2018, 07:52 PM
thank god we need shooting. lets hope Korver has anything left.

IndyRealist
11-28-2018, 09:07 PM

Vee-Rex
11-28-2018, 10:03 PM
thank god we need shooting. lets hope Korver has anything left.

I believe he does. Good trade for you guys.

chipurmunki
11-28-2018, 11:10 PM
Korver and Jingles sharing the court has me all kinds of giddy.

TrueFan420
11-29-2018, 12:29 AM
Good move. The Jazz can cover his defensive liabilities and he can space the floor. The Cavs get two seconds which can help the rebuild. Burks also is an expiring so their not eating any contract.

kobe4thewinbang
11-29-2018, 04:10 AM
Impressive move by Koby Altman. Rebuilding 101: no bad contracts, a pick or two, shred salary.

Sidenote: Burks probably won't get 11m/yr again, and he's had his moments, so maybe bring him back cheaper.

For the Jazz? Two deadly shooters, now, pick your poison for Rubio to play with.

Korver's like the poor man's Ray Allen regarding spot-up shooting, with Finals experience to boot.

ewing
11-29-2018, 07:37 AM
Love it. I already pretend he went to BYU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-29-2018, 09:14 AM
So Jazz gave up the best player and two second round picks and took on long term salary in Korver. Jazz lost this trade. Cavs got nice expiring contract to boot or reflip for more assets or picks.

Tg11
11-29-2018, 09:30 AM
Cavs are obviously rebuilding so if they are then why haven't they got rid of Tristan Thompson yet? Or Kevin Love?

However, either way it is obvious they want to go in a younger direction which is fine. I said that before the season started they would tank and that is what they should do especially if they want to land Zion Williamson or RJ Barrett by way of the Draft for next season and build around either player.

McAllen Tx
11-29-2018, 09:32 AM
So Jazz gave up the best player and two second round picks and took on long term salary in Korver. Jazz lost this trade. Cavs got nice expiring contract to boot or reflip for more assets or picks.

This

Tg11
11-29-2018, 09:35 AM
Well the Jazz got better in terms of 3 point shooting so there is that

Vinylman
11-29-2018, 10:07 AM
Utah had to do it because I doubt he goes there if bought out.

Cleveland got lucky they got anything for him tbh... let alone 2 meh seconds

IndyRealist
11-29-2018, 10:14 AM

Burke is not the best player, he's an expiring contract.

JAZZNC
11-29-2018, 10:30 AM
Eh, we'll see how this works out. Hopefully he will help spread the floor. We definitely needed some shooting. But I do find it humorous that people think we can cover his defensive liabilities....we are awful defensively but Burks wasn't a defender at all. It is kind of scary that we did trade the only guy on the team other than Mitchell that could create a shot for himself. However, there is a reason Burks has never gotten PT.

smith&wesson
11-29-2018, 10:33 AM
Just happy the 76ers didnít get him. He coulda helped them a lot

Vinylman
11-29-2018, 10:35 AM
Eh, we'll see how this works out. Hopefully he will help spread the floor. We definitely needed some shooting. But I do find it humorous that people think we can cover his defensive liabilities....we are awful defensively but Burks wasn't a defender at all. It is kind of scary that we did trade the only guy on the team other than Mitchell that could create a shot for himself. However, there is a reason Burks has never gotten PT.

if you guys continue to underperform they can always trade him again before the deadline and get one of those two seconds back.

Tg11
11-29-2018, 10:42 AM
Korver no doubt will be in the starting lineup but he at least adds to their offensive minded culture...and just his addition into the lineup I just really like it

Hawkeye15
11-29-2018, 11:08 AM
I read yesterday that Utah is the best in the NBA at getting uncontested 3 point attempts, they simply aren't making them. So regression to the mean would have gotten them better anyways. Burks was alright, Korver will replace him and help draw the defense. Utah was pretty meh to being last year then went 29-8 to close the season, so I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Tg11
11-29-2018, 11:14 AM
I still think with this addition but even them as a whole are still one of the best teams in the West when healthy

warfelg
11-29-2018, 11:20 AM

I know your a fan and know more than me but this is very much my assessment too. Itís unfortunate that they guys that may be available arenít great fits with Mitchell. Unless AD is on the market and you can get him without giving up Mitchell/Gobert.

Maybe trying to get Kemba without giving up one of those two is something that can happen.

JAZZNC
11-29-2018, 02:25 PM
I know your a fan and know more than me but this is very much my assessment too. Itís unfortunate that they guys that may be available arenít great fits with Mitchell. Unless AD is on the market and you can get him without giving up Mitchell/Gobert.

Maybe trying to get Kemba without giving up one of those two is something that can happen.

Kemba would be nice but I think that is also a tough fit next to Mitchell. That would be an awfully small back court. But man, the thought of a PG that can actually score 20pts night in night out is very appealing. I dont know enough about Kemba to know if his D is any good at all??? But I think that's one thing we would miss from Rubio if we went for Kemba. The Hornets are winning with basically Kemba and trash. If Kemba had Mitchell/Ingles/Gobert....I dunno. Interesting idea for sure and one that I've definitey thought about.

warfelg
11-29-2018, 02:37 PM
Kemba would be nice but I think that is also a tough fit next to Mitchell. That would be an awfully small back court. But man, the thought of a PG that can actually score 20pts night in night out is very appealing. I dont know enough about Kemba to know if his D is any good at all??? But I think that's one thing we would miss from Rubio if we went for Kemba. The Hornets are winning with basically Kemba and trash. If Kemba had Mitchell/Ingles/Gobert....I dunno. Interesting idea for sure and one that I've definitey thought about.

Kemba puts effort in at that end.

Tg11
11-29-2018, 07:43 PM
Kemba Walker to the Knicks

warfelg
11-29-2018, 08:04 PM
Why would they trade for him? That makes no sense. Knicks want to tank. They would be giving up assets for no reason and accidentally win a few games.

chipurmunki
11-29-2018, 08:45 PM

:rimshot: lol good one. needed a laugh.

buckalis
11-30-2018, 01:41 PM
Who ever said that Kemba is available for trade? LOOOOOOL... Kemba is gonna be a Bee for as long as it takes for Jordan to celebrate a championship!

Firefistus
11-30-2018, 04:02 PM
:rimshot: lol good one. needed a laugh.

Ya, I think he was making a joke here. Burks is far from our best player? And Korver can be bought out at the end of the year for 3.5 million. Then he's a free agent for next season. We have the money to pay that, and we wipe out Burks 11 million contract and cap holds. I would trade Burks 16 minutes a game for Korvers 16 minutes a game any day of the week, especially at half the cost.

buckalis
11-30-2018, 06:19 PM
It is a desperate move from Utah's side... something like a coin toss I would say... Corver is 38, it's either "he adds 8pts a game" (unlikely), or "we are dead"... I mean you don't pay 2 picks and a player (who ever) for a 4 months rental and pay 3.8M on top unless you expect to get the 8 pts missing and make it to the playoffs...

Saddletramp
11-30-2018, 07:34 PM
Itís Korver, Mr Phonetic.

buckalis
11-30-2018, 07:41 PM
it was (at sometime) Korver... Mr Phonetic. The Bucks now have SIX more "phonetics" than he ever was...

Saddletramp
11-30-2018, 08:34 PM
What the hell does that mean?

Vee-Rex
11-30-2018, 11:47 PM
I read yesterday that Utah is the best in the NBA at getting uncontested 3 point attempts, they simply aren't making them. So regression to the mean would have gotten them better anyways. Burks was alright, Korver will replace him and help draw the defense. Utah was pretty meh to being last year then went 29-8 to close the season, so I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Korver makes those uncontested 3's for sure. I always thought the Cavs should've worked more Korver-plays into their offense.

The only Korver 3's I wasn't overly happy about were the forced ones over screens when he shoots and is moving 234908234 mph horizontally in the air.

JAZZNC
12-01-2018, 11:34 AM
What the hell does that mean?

Do you really think he even knows???

TrueFan420
12-02-2018, 12:31 PM

I havenít watched any Jazz games this year and Iíll take your word for it but youíre also struggling this year. Last year you had a very good defense. You have mostly the same personnel. I suspect as you turn around your season the defense will improve.

Firefistus
12-04-2018, 12:48 PM
I havenít watched any Jazz games this year and Iíll take your word for it but youíre also struggling this year. Last year you had a very good defense. You have mostly the same personnel. I suspect as you turn around your season the defense will improve.

It's already started to improve. David Locke (the Radio Jazz announcer) mentioned that the Jazz defense is ranked 5th in the last 2 weeks, and if you take out blowout time (because we've been beaten pretty badly by some teams) than we're ranked 3rd in the last 2 weeks. Which is COMPLETELY different from the start of the season. Our biggest issue is hitting three's right now though, and he's definitely already helping with that.

On a side note, to buckalis point, if you think that this is a desperate move on the Jazz you're only kidding yourself. Dennis Lindsay has traded every 2nd round pick he's had since being with the Jazz. He obviously uses them for trades, and Burks was getting very few minutes the last couple of years.

I don't know if you noticed, but Burks has been killing it at Cleveland, and honestly Jazz fans are really happy about that. He was always good, but injury prone. And we just have too many people that are better than him, so he gets no minutes on our team. It's good to see him thrive in a situation like Cleveland.

Tg11
12-04-2018, 12:50 PM
I wonder if Korver is thriving for the Jazz