PDA

View Full Version : Would you send Knox to the D League?

nicnac
11-28-2018, 05:15 PM
Of course, immediate rejection! But this is my thought. Heres a kid who was so out of touch and full of himself after the summer league that he thought he could compete for rookie of the year. He is also the kid who is showing all of the signs of the red flags talked about in college, low motor, etc.

I am a believer that the NBA is not always the best place for development and neither is the bench.

The best thing to happen to Tim was probably being sent down

Knox needs a wake up call. He reminds me of the kid that didnt get a trophy just for competing

It's not his talent that's in question but he is already at a major psychological stage of development bc he bought into this over hype that Is NY and is not proving in games that he is getting it, rather it looks like he is losing his confidence

I WAIT FOR THE OBJECTIONS 😊

ewing
11-28-2018, 05:23 PM
IDK, i don't think it is bad idea in general. I worry about relationships with players and agents sometimes when you treat this guys that the way they should be treated

Hawkeye15
11-28-2018, 05:23 PM
I would gladly send Andrew Wiggins down to the G/D League.

Hawkeye15
11-28-2018, 05:24 PM
IDK, i don't think it is bad idea in general. I worry about relationships with players and agents sometimes when you treat this guys that the way they should be treated

reading Blake Bortles response after benching is so refreshing when you are used to the diva filled NBA.

IndyRealist
11-28-2018, 07:06 PM
Knicks aren't doing anything atm, so it's essentially the same thing.

WhiteShadow42
11-29-2018, 01:20 PM
He is 19 and is getting a reality check at the moment. Ewing had a good point on the agent affect. Since NY is not going anywhere just play him and force him to make the adjustments. If he wants to be a NBA starting PG, then he has to man up and do it on the NBA level. Again he is only 19 so for me this year is a no judgement year. I think sending him down to the minors will probably disengage him completely.

SiteWolf
11-29-2018, 01:55 PM
I don't know.....there have been some darn good prospects who've had their confidence level dropped and learning curve permanently reduced by having too high expectations placed on them out of the gate......but there've also been players who never reached their talent level because they were left at developmental levels too long.

JAZZNC
11-29-2018, 02:31 PM
Great players are going to be great regardless of their situation.

R. Johnson#3
11-29-2018, 03:43 PM
Don't the Knicks want to lose games?

Chronz
11-29-2018, 03:49 PM
In nba 2k, the g league is a cheat code to develop players. I took over the twolves and g leagued towns, okobo and I wouldve done it to Wiggins but he had too many years served. Instead Wiggins led the tank brigade for zion

ewing
11-29-2018, 03:51 PM
Don't the Knicks want to lose games?

Yes but that isn't the issue here. Kevin Knox has some very fluid offensive skills, he also doesn't read the game very well yet, and most alarmingly doesn't play hard. I think the conundrum for Knick fans is do you reward a low motor player with reps b/c he has a skill set and needs development or do you put him on the bench b/c he looks lost at times and isn't playing hard enough. He also often looks like someone just ran over his dog.

R. Johnson#3
11-29-2018, 04:01 PM
Yes but that isn't the issue here. Kevin Knox has some very fluid offensive skills, he also doesn't read the game very well yet, and most alarmingly doesn't play hard. I think the conundrum for Knick fans is do you reward a low motor player with reps b/c he has a skill set and needs development or do you put him on the bench b/c he looks lost at times and isn't playing hard enough. He also often looks like someone just ran over his dog.

I wouldn't call giving someone minutes on the current Knicks a "reward".

ewing
11-29-2018, 04:15 PM
I wouldn't call giving someone minutes on the current Knicks a "reward".

If he doesn't want the job i'll take it

R. Johnson#3
11-29-2018, 04:21 PM
If he doesn't want the job i'll take it

I couldn't resist.

In all seriousness though I agree with you in treating him the way he deserves to be treated. At the end of the day this is a team sport and you just can't pander to a rookie that's playing like ****.

beasted86
11-29-2018, 08:59 PM
I couldn't resist.

In all seriousness though I agree with you in treating him the way he deserves to be treated. At the end of the day this is a team sport and you just can't pander to a rookie that's playing like ****.

Any coach will reward a prized rookie who plays hard, puts in the extra work, and shows a willingness to be coached with big minutes even if he's playing like garbage. Doesn't sound like that's Knox.

I haven't watched him, but if Knox is playing with poor effort and hustle you don't keep playing him anywhere, period.

Going to the G-League isn't improving his effort because his contract is guaranteed and he's playing with way more freedom there against inferior talent, emboldening him to believe "see, the problem isn't me". There's no threat to his well-being or pressure put on him to perform.

Benching is the best option. If he's the type of player who is worth anything, being benched will drive him to "show you you're wrong" or simply feel humbled like "what is that guy who's getting the minutes doing better than me?" Maybe he'll actually watch that other player and pick up on those missing techniques.

beasted86
11-29-2018, 09:05 PM
At the same time it couldn't hurt. Maybe spending a few days with guys who are so hungry to get in the league will touch home. Getting dominated by players with lower skills but more effort could possibly wake something up in him. It's just spending a long time there is not the idea. Less than a handful of games.

More-Than-Most
11-29-2018, 09:05 PM
knox isnt the biggest issue man.... nitik in his last 2 games and 29 minutes has a line of 0/0/2/0/0

Frank Ntilikina improves on his 0/0/0/0/0 game in 15 min with a 0/0/2/0/0 in 14 min game against the Sixers

Per reddit.

ewing
11-29-2018, 09:14 PM
knox isnt the biggest issue man.... nitik in his last 2 games and 29 minutes has a line of 0/0/2/0/0

Frank Ntilikina improves on his 0/0/0/0/0 game in 15 min with a 0/0/2/0/0 in 14 min game against the Sixers

Per reddit.

The Knicks see Knox as more of a future building block then Frank therefore he is a bigger concern

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
11-29-2018, 09:34 PM
The Knicks see Knox as more of a future building block then Frank therefore he is a bigger concern

both should be future building blocks because both have potential.

ewing
11-29-2018, 10:46 PM
both should be future building blocks because both have potential.

I think they are allowed to like one guy more then the other

ewing
12-01-2018, 11:48 PM
Kevin Knox with 26 and 5 3s tonight. I thought a trip to the D league could be a message but apparently all he needed was some people to talk ****. Yesterday there was an article in the paper that was critical of him and he address the media, said he's OK with criticism but he really only listens to his coaches, teammates, and his circle. He took ownership of not playing well and he came out tonight active and engaged. Guy was hitting the floor, passing screening away, cutting, running. Ball find fines you and good things happen when you work.

Tg11
12-02-2018, 10:56 AM
If Knox keeps up these kind of performances like last night then he will be a star yet

WestCoastSportz
12-03-2018, 01:56 PM
This team is 8-16 so I don't think many people consider them a playoff team even with Porzingis. Right now, its all about player development and seeing what a player has and setting themselves up for another high pick. He should be out there 30 minutes per game. Let him learn the game as the season goes on. If by the end of the year, he still looks like he doesn't get it, then at least they'd know.

I don't get these teams with high lottery picks playing them 10 minutes per game, like Josh Jackson in Phoenix.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-04-2018, 10:23 PM
Statistically, a few players in the top 10 has to be a bust. None better than Knox.