PDA

View Full Version : Rank these guards/wings now and based on future potential

valade16
11-27-2018, 06:05 PM
Rank the following players based on how good you think they're playing now and which ones do you think still have potential or will get better:

Zach LaVine
Devin Booker
Tim Hardaway
Josh Richardson
Buddy Hield

tredigs
11-27-2018, 06:39 PM
Rank the following players based on how good you think they're playing now and which ones do you think still have potential or will get better:

Zach LaVine
Devin Booker
Tim Hardaway
Josh Richardson
Buddy Hield

I don't watch enough of Richardson or Hardaway to rank off the top of my head, but as a side point, Buddy Hield's slash is 49/45/82 on 5.5 threes attempted a game and he does not even have a 60% ts% (59%). Drives home how important high volume 3's and getting to the line are to great shooters. Also makes me realize Curry's 66% TS the last 4 seasons is that of a folk hero.

Tg11
11-27-2018, 08:01 PM
5- Buddy Hield
4- Josh Richardson
3- Tim Hardaway Jr.
2- Zach LaVine
1- Devin Booker

To me Booker has the most potential out of those guys which is why I ranked him as #1

warfelg
11-27-2018, 08:15 PM
LaVine
Richardson
Hardaway
Booker
Hield

In that order.

IndyRealist
11-27-2018, 09:18 PM
Now
T-1 Hield/Richardson
3 Hardaway
T-4 LaVine/Booker

Potential
Richardson
LaVine
Hield
Booker
Hardaway

Potential is based almost solely on how many years in the league they have, with LaVine getting an exception for his injury year. Really none of these guys are even close to centerpieces, and the big contracts handed out to high scoring, low efficiency SGs will hold back any team that gives one of these guys a bloated deal.

Tg11
11-27-2018, 09:23 PM
LaVine is playing to his potential hell he's putting up All Star numbers in Chicago this season to the point that he is their #1 option now; so how is he not #1 or #2 on the list? Booker is underrated even though season after season he puts up All Star like numbers too

Chronz
11-28-2018, 02:04 AM
LaVine is playing to his potential hell he's putting up All Star numbers in Chicago this season to the point that he is their #1 option now; so how is he not #1 or #2 on the list? Booker is underrated even though season after season he puts up All Star like numbers too
Are you certain they're all star numbers?

Tg11
11-28-2018, 04:56 AM
Look at LaVine's PPG this season compared to all his others since he's been in the league

IndyRealist
11-28-2018, 10:17 AM
Look at LaVine's PPG this season compared to all his others since he's been in the league

He's a horrid shooter for someone who's primary job is to score. Being force fed shots doesn't make you a good scorer.

Tg11
11-28-2018, 10:24 AM
He's a horrid shooter for someone who's primary job is to score. Being force fed shots doesn't make you a good scorer.

Maybe not but it still doesn't change the fact that his numbers have exponentially improved and it warrants an All Star selection. I definitely know the players who do the fantasy draft with team captains and what not will consider LaVine and so will coaches as well. I guarantee you LaVine becomes an All Star before anyone else on this list.

IndyRealist
11-28-2018, 10:44 AM
Maybe not but it still doesn't change the fact that his numbers have exponentially improved and it warrants an All Star selection. I definitely know the players who do the fantasy draft with team captains and what not will consider LaVine and so will coaches as well. I guarantee you LaVine becomes an All Star before anyone else on this list.

All star voting is nonsense. That's not a guage of how good a player his, which is the point of the thread.

Tg11
11-28-2018, 10:48 AM
All star voting is nonsense. That's not a guage of how good a player his, which is the point of the thread.

Even so LaVine probably has the most potential and the most upside...yes he was injured for a while but ever since he's been healthy he has more or less lived up to his potential this season or he's starting to by being an efficient scorer for a Bulls team where he has become their #1 option

IndyRealist
11-28-2018, 10:55 AM
Even so LaVine probably has the most potential and the most upside...yes he was injured for a while but ever since he's been healthy he has more or less lived up to his potential this season or he's starting to by being an efficient scorer for a Bulls team where he has become their #1 option

Is he efficient? You might want to look again.

benzni
11-28-2018, 01:03 PM
1. Booker
2. Hield
3. Lavine
4. Richardson
5. Hardaway

Oefarmy2005
11-28-2018, 03:56 PM
There is this thing called PER and Lavine has the best PER on this list(I don't consider Hardaway as a serious option here). Lavine is a career 38% 3pt shooter and he has been struggling long distance this season. If/when his 3 pt shot starts to fall I expect him to finish in the low 20s for PER this season.
My list would be like this:
1) Booker
2) Lavine
3) Richardson
4) Heild
5) Hardaway

Tg11
11-28-2018, 04:19 PM
Booker is another one who is underrated and has been putting up numbers season after season also playing for a bad team

IndyRealist
11-28-2018, 04:42 PM
There is this thing called PER and Lavine has the best PER on this list(I don't consider Hardaway as a serious option here). Lavine is a career 38% 3pt shooter and he has been struggling long distance this season. If/when his 3 pt shot starts to fall I expect him to finish in the low 20s for PER this season.
My list would be like this:
1) Booker
2) Lavine
3) Richardson
4) Heild
5) Hardaway

PER is the analytics equivalent of the musket.