PDA

View Full Version : Clippers & Bucks... Sumplementary to each other trade solution that benefits both...

buckalis
11-25-2018, 12:35 PM
Clippers are doing very well, but have two issues that they can improve upon...

1. Teodosic wants out of the team because the Clippers are full of talented PGs and they don't play enough one of the best PGs in the world...

2. They are thin on center depth...

Bucks have another two issues that they can improve upon:

1. They are thin on PG depth,

2. Luck a starting level forward that would be a great shooter and would be able to play equally well SF & PF...

Additionally, both teams have a similar problem because their SFs of similar age Tobias Harris and Khris Middleton respectively, are both on expiring contracts... Both teams will surely make the playoffs and both players are equally important for their starting roster and are expected to have a significant salary rise.

Do you think that a proposal of trading Middleton + Henson for T. Harris + Teodosic would make sense, given that the Clippers will have a better starting center than Gortat for the playoffs, as well as add depth and long shooting within their "bigs" and that Teodosic who isn't included in the Clippers future plans, will add valuable depth in the Bucks PG rotation?

I think it's well worth exploring given that both benefit against their respective conference rivals.

GREATNESS ONE
11-25-2018, 12:49 PM
Lmfao!!!!!

LaVar Ball
11-25-2018, 01:05 PM

1. Teodosic wants out of the team because the Clippers are full of talented PGs and they don't play enough one of the best PGs in the world...

2. Luck a starting level forward that would be a great shooter and would be able to play equally well SF & PF...

Additionally, both teams have a similar problem because their SFs of similar age Tobias Harris and Khris Middleton respectively, are both on expiring contracts... Both teams will surely make the playoffs and both players are equally important for their starting roster and are expected to have a significant salary rise.

Do you think that a proposal of trading Middleton + Henson for T. Harris + Teodosic would make sense, given that the Clippers will have a better starting center than Gortat for the playoffs, as well as add depth and long shooting within their "bigs" and that Teodosic who isn't included in the Clippers future plans, will add valuable depth in the Bucks PG rotation?

I think it's well worth exploring given that both benefit against their respective conference rivals.
I think that regardless the Bucks are getting bounced in the 2nd round at best

buckalis
11-25-2018, 01:08 PM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2806901-the-biggest-overreactions-1-month-into-the-nba-season#slide5

"Khris Middleton Is Getting the Max This Summeróand Tobias Harris Might, Too"
.................................................. ........ 5 of 6 .................................................. .............

"The notion of Khris Middleton and near-max money isn't new. ESPN.com's Zach Lowe rang the bell just before the start of the season.

"Middleton is the ideal second banana on a good team, and third banana on a great one," he wrote. "Every team that strikes out on the biggest names will come calling. The Bucks want to retain Middleton, and if he has a good year, they will have to pay up. Keep an eye on Philadelphia and Indiana."

What's unfolded thus far demands we take this one step further. Middleton isn't a near-max candidate; he's a full-max lock. And Tobias Harris, in terms of market value, is the new Middleton.

Whether either of them is worth that coin is arguable. Viewing them as a second or third wheel despite monstrous pay grades only provides so much cover. Shelling out superstar money to non-superstars is a great way to get Wizards'd.

Long-term repercussions tend to fall by the wayside in aggressive markets, though. Next summer won't compare to 2016's spending binge, but roughly half the league will have the capacity to carve out significant spending power. And some of the most flexible situations hail from glamour marketsónamely New York (Nets, Knicks) and Los Angeles (Clippers, Lakers).

This wouldn't mean as much to Harris or Middleton if the superstar ranks were teeming with goners, but they're not. Klay Thompson isn't leaving the Warriors. Kevin Durant (player option) might, but his list of preferred landing spots figures to only include glitzy markets that won't make him look like a bandwagoner. Clippers, Knicks and Nets fans are free to swoon.

Jimmy Butler (player option) is expected to re-sign with the Sixers, according to Wojnarowski. Kyrie Irving (player option) has declared his loyalty to the Celtics. Kawhi Leonard remains a flight risk, but the Toronto Raptors are so good he wouldn't be able to spin his departure as a basketball decisionóor, for that matter, a financial one.

All of which sets the stage for a hyper-volatile consolation-prize market. Many of the teams that get spurned by the marquee draws will turn to the best remaining alternatives. A select few smaller markets, such as Indiana or Utah, might go overboard right out of the gate to maximize their appeal.

Both Harris and Middleton will be near the top of every team's Plan B. And with the Milwaukee Bucks less inclined to let Middleton walk over dollars and centsócall it the Giannis Antetokounmpo effectóHarris could wind up soliciting near-max or max overtures from more than one, two, even three teams."

Vinylman
11-25-2018, 01:57 PM
cmon mods... this guy starts threads in the main forum all the time about the bucks that have no basis in fact and nothing more than his musings...

either consolidate in one thread or close this guy down.

buckalis
11-25-2018, 02:02 PM
cmon mods... this guy starts threads in the main forum all the time about the bucks that have no basis in fact and nothing more than his musings...

either consolidate in one thread or close this guy down.

But... I love you! ...I love all trolls that post stupid here!

warfelg
11-25-2018, 02:15 PM
This doesn't benefit either team as it just hurts the chemistry that's part of the reason both teams are so good right now.

buckalis
11-25-2018, 03:07 PM
This doesn't benefit either team as it just hurts the chemistry that's part of the reason both teams are so good right now.

Clippers are reportedly "keeping an eye" on Middleton (along with many others) and Bucks are reportedly "keeping an eye" (along with many others) on Harris... look it up on Web... Also both Middleton and Harris are playing SF and have very similar stats, both being "all-star level" efficient and both have extremely similar body sizes... The difference between them is that Middletton is more of the "SF towards SG" type of game, while Harris is the "SF towards PF" kind of game, which again suits both teams, because both have alternative players doing the same and not the opposite.

The key behind this, is more that Clippers are full on PGs and thin at "Bigs" depth, while the Bucks are exactly the opposite... thin at PG depth for rotating Bledsoe and full on "bigs" depth...

So why you say "it doesn't make sense", since the suggestion supplements what either team needs? Chemistry wouldn't be a lengthy process, since both starters are highly intelligent and capable top-25 players that can quickly adapt themselves to coaching requirements...

Cracka2HI!
11-25-2018, 05:37 PM
It's certainly not a one-sided deal but I don't think it makes sense for either team. It makes sense for the Bucks to go after Harris and for the Clippers to go after Middleton but not to trade them for each other. I agree with war that chemistry has been vital for both teams success. I don't think the Clippers would take on a contract like Henson either. They are all in on next off-season's free agency. Perhaps the most surprising part of the Clippers season so far is they are doing this in a rebuilding year. They are doing it with smoke and mirrors so far including 3 OT wins over top teams. They have 4 wins over GS, Hou and OKC but all with a star missing. I can still see them being sellers at the deadline if they come down to earth. That said I think they intend on keeping Harris. I don't see him getting a full max. Maybe $25-28 million for year 1. They could keep Harris at that price and still add a max player. I think that is the plan and they might tank a bit to keep their pick. If they stay hot they would probably change course and trade for a guy like Beal.

Tg11
11-25-2018, 05:48 PM
Exactly I can see the Clippers going for someone like Beal too

buckalis
11-25-2018, 06:06 PM
It's certainly not a one-sided deal but I don't think it makes sense for either team. It makes sense for the Bucks to go after Harris and for the Clippers to go after Middleton but not to trade them for each other. I agree with war that chemistry has been vital for both teams success. I don't think the Clippers would take on a contract like Henson either. They are all in on next off-season's free agency. Perhaps the most surprising part of the Clippers season so far is they are doing this in a rebuilding year. They are doing it with smoke and mirrors so far including 3 OT wins over top teams. They have 4 wins over GS, Hou and OKC but all with a star missing. I can still see them being sellers at the deadline if they come down to earth. That said I think they intend on keeping Harris. I don't see him getting a full max. Maybe $25-28 million for year 1. They could keep Harris at that price and still add a max player. I think that is the plan and they might tank a bit to keep their pick. If they stay hot they would probably change course and trade for a guy like Beal.

It's certainly an opinion based on reasonable arguments (rare in this trash for site), so lets discuss on these one by one...

I'll first start with discussing on Henson... Why wouldn't the Clippers want Henson? Henson is far better than what they now have for center, he is far better this season than the season before under new coaching, he shoots 3pts well, he is excellent rim protector and rebounder, he can play PF and only has another season on his contract that only costs 9.6M (which is enough to consider less than what Gortat makes)...

He surely would cause the Clippers to do much better in the playoffs as he is coming back from injury 12 weeks from now, his injury is most certainly not a "threatening" for his future one, as it is on his left (not his "good") wrist and not a fracture of some bone, his blocking is comparable to what DJ's was and his rebounding far better than what Gortat will ever be...

Surely the Clippers can make it deeper in the playoffs if they add Henson than keep Teo, who they won't use... isn't it? My guess is that the Clippers would start Henson in the playoffs and therefore they would end up adding a starter, while they would give away a "deep roster" they don't include in their future plans... The Bucks certaintly don't need Henson with all Giannis, Lopez, Maker, Ilyasova and Wood in their roster... and additionally the two teams are not in the same conference, so that their interests conflict with each other....

I mean, even if one would hesitate to trade Middleton for Harris thinking on established chemistry in his roster, why not trade Henson for TEO so that both teams advance and the Bucks add a salary filler that the Clippers can then waive? ...it sounds right to me... what you think?

LaVar Ball
11-26-2018, 12:47 AM
But... I love you! ...I love all trolls that post stupid here!

You love yourself?

Narcissist

Twolves88
11-26-2018, 01:08 AM
Why do you post this crap? Why not post in the bucks forum where you might not get trolled as hard?

Really dude use the bucks forums for this crap

LaVar Ball
11-26-2018, 02:27 AM
Why do you post this crap? Why not post in the bucks forum where you might not get trolled as hard?

Thank you

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-26-2018, 08:39 AM
That trade is horrible. Also Teodosic said he wants to go play in Europe. Also Teodosic is 31 years old. Also Bucks already had Tobias as a rookie. Also i'd grade Middleton with more value overall and best player in the trade. So I pass.

warfelg
11-26-2018, 08:51 AM
I just realized he said the Clippers are thin at center?

Marcin Gortat is starting at center. They got Boban as a reserve big. And Harrell is having a great season so far playing the backup 5. He's really eating against second units with his athleticism and length that's hard to defend.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-26-2018, 09:02 AM

Trust me. Buckalis posted like a million Mirotic/Teodosic trades already in the Bucks forum. Most other Bucks posters got fed up and took a break from PSD once Buckalis joined this site. Even the Bucks mod took a break from PSD.

buckalis
11-26-2018, 09:05 AM
That trade is horrible. Also Teodosic said he wants to go play in Europe. Also Teodosic is 31 years old. Also Bucks already had Tobias as a rookie. Also i'd grade Middleton with more value overall and best player in the trade. So I pass.

I wouldn't agree that Middleton is better than Harris, I would agree that there are parameters to Middleton's game that are better than Tobias and vice versa...

I would also say that Tobias would be a better fit to the Bucks roster and Middleton a better fit to the Clippers roster...

Perhaps you are right that Middleton would be valued higher in the marked, but this is because of most teams already have a worthy SF "power" guy in their roster (the Morris twins, A. Gordon, KD... to only say a few as an example) and look to improve by adding an alternative game style on a top-25 player, that leans more towards the classic "3&D" wing kind that Middleton plays...

OTOH, you are totally wrong if you wouldn't consider trading Henson for Teo as it benefits both teams by a lot, to the extend that it may mean an extra round promotion in the playoffs...

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-26-2018, 09:17 AM
Henson is out for 12 weeks.

warfelg
11-26-2018, 09:28 AM
Henson is out for 12 weeks.

And it's wrist surgery which is never good for NBA players, on top of the fact that he's due $10.4 mil next year which would seriously hurt the Clips chances in FA.

buckalis
11-26-2018, 09:36 AM
And it's wrist surgery which is never good for NBA players, on top of the fact that he's due $10.4 mil next year which would seriously hurt the Clips chances in FA.

He is 9.6M next season and it's left hand wrist, with no fracture... which is nothing that can affect him in the future, he will be back in practice and shooting within a month and fully functional after 90 days.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-26-2018, 09:46 AM
He is 9.6M next season and it's left hand wrist, with no fracture... which is nothing that can affect him in the future, he will be back in practice and shooting within a month and fully functional after 90 days.

Henson is left handed.

warfelg
11-26-2018, 09:55 AM

Heís a $10.4 mil cap hit according to spotrac, overthecap, and bbr.com. And as Miller pointed out Hensen is a lefty. And yes itís not a break, itís a torn ligament in his wrist, which might be worse than a break.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-26-2018, 10:20 AM
John HensonĎs wrist injury will cost him more than just a chunk of the season, as Bobby Marks of ESPN explains. The Bucks center will lose $750K in bonus money due to clauses in his contract. He was due $250K for appearing in 60 games and an additional $500K for 75 games. Henson, who is signed through next season, is expected to miss at least 12 weeks due to a torn left wrist ligament. Hensonís cap hit for the 2019/20 campaign will be reduced to $9.7MM after the season once the bonuses are deemed unlikely. That will give Milwaukee a little more financial flexibility next summer.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/11/central-rumors-henson-lopez-sexton-kennard.html

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-26-2018, 10:26 AM
If ya think Middleton's defense has slipped a bit last three years. Tobias is a turnstile for defense. Also Tobias turned down 4/$80M extension.

warfelg
11-26-2018, 10:36 AM
If ya think Middleton's defense has slipped a bit last three years. Tobias is a turnstile for defense. Also Tobias turned down 4/$80M extension.

His defense may have slipped but he's still an impactful defender.

Hell, if he weren't looking for the max, and the Sixers cleared up $27mil in cap, I would love us to chase him. Simmons, Redick, Middleton, Butler, Embiid. That's pure sex right there.

Rivera
11-26-2018, 10:40 AM

Henson is left handed.

omg I just wet my pants in laughter

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

buckalis
11-26-2018, 01:03 PM
Henson is left handed.

Does this looks like left to you Miller?

https://www.nba.com/bucks/video/wsc/teams/4c3ff6f6-77ed-868b-8e8b-9f4702abbafe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J48jmbYeKdo

WaDe03
11-26-2018, 01:04 PM
Reported.

buckalis
11-26-2018, 01:05 PM
Heís a $10.4 mil cap hit according to spotrac, overthecap, and bbr.com. And as Miller pointed out Hensen is a lefty. And yes itís not a break, itís a torn ligament in his wrist, which might be worse than a break.

He is 10.4M this season, 9.6M next season and shoots right hand!

buckalis
11-26-2018, 01:19 PM
omg I just wet my pants in laughter

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

yeah... I did too since Henson shoots right...

https://www.nba.com/bucks/video/wsc/...b-9f4702abbafe

Rivera
11-26-2018, 01:23 PM
yeah... I did too since Henson shoots right...

https://www.nba.com/bucks/video/wsc/...b-9f4702abbafe

I thought you had me on your block list?

I thought you were going to stop responding to trolls

You are not a man (or woman) of your word! #Exposed!

And it went over your head why Im laughing :laugh:

buckalis
11-26-2018, 01:31 PM
I thought you had me on your block list?

I thought you were going to stop responding to trolls

You are not a man (or woman) of your word! #Exposed!

And it went over your head why Im laughing :laugh:

Unfortunately one can't put a mod that ridicules himself in ignore list... the firmware doesn't allow it...

Rivera
11-26-2018, 01:39 PM
Unfortunately one can't put a mod that ridicules himself in ignore list... the firmware doesn't allow it...

but you have the ability to ignore my post and not respond to "trolls" like you said you would but you dont keep your word and you continue to respond to trolls in multiple threads #exposed

you also said next time you would reply to me you would #expose me but yet you still havent!

but go ahead and keep missing the point because you missed it again! Your about as reliable as a Giannis 3 point shot #exposed :laugh:

buckalis
11-26-2018, 01:44 PM
but you have the ability to ignore my post and not respond to "trolls" like you said you would but you dont keep your word and you continue to respond to trolls in multiple threads #exposed

you also said next time you would reply to me you would #expose me but yet you still havent!

but go ahead and keep missing the point because you missed it again! Your about as reliable as a Giannis 3 point shot #exposed :laugh:

still John Henson shoots right and you have ridiculed yourself...

warfelg
11-26-2018, 01:50 PM

Iím a lefty who shoots righty and even spraining my left wrist really throw me off for a long time. Even if the dominate hand is the off hand in shooting it can still take longer to get back to usual than expected.

Rivera
11-26-2018, 01:53 PM

you still missed that point and you keep coming back to it hitting the same thing when its way over your head and not even the thing im laughing at :laugh:

smith&wesson
11-26-2018, 01:59 PM

Doesnít help either team improve. Thatís what we call a lateral trade.

buckalis
11-26-2018, 02:00 PM
Iím a lefty who shoots righty and even spraining my left wrist really throw me off for a long time. Even if the dominate hand is the off hand in shooting it can still take longer to get back to usual than expected.

That is correct... that's why he won't play for another 3 months... After all, John Henson is a center and he still needs to rebound, block and defend with both hands... But still, him being right handed and having an injury on his left wrist (without any fracture of bone involved), means that his shot won't be affected at all and he will even be able to continue practicing as to improve his shot further after only a month...

warfelg
11-26-2018, 02:02 PM
Your wrong that it wonít effect anything with his shot. His guide hand being the injured on has an effect.

smith&wesson
11-26-2018, 02:04 PM
That is correct... that's why he won't play for another 3 months... After all, John Henson is a center and he still needs to rebound, block and defend with both hands... But still, him being right handed and having an injury on his left wrist (without any fracture of bone involved), means that his shot won't be affected at all and he will even be able to continue practicing as to improve his shot further after only a month...

Henson is garbage who cares ? Guys like him donít move the needle for any team, canít understand why it matters what hand he shoots with

buckalis
11-26-2018, 02:08 PM
Your wrong that it wonít effect anything with his shot. His guide hand being the injured on has an effect.

No I'm not wrong... he will be able to use his guiding hand in practicing after a month... It's contact, strong rebounding, blocking and having a physical game he will have to protect his left wrist from for the additional two months...

buckalis
11-26-2018, 03:06 PM
Henson is garbage who cares ? Guys like him donít move the needle for any team, canít understand why it matters what hand he shoots with

Gortat per 36: 11.8pts, 12.3reb, 3.1ast, 0.3stl, 1.0blk, 0% 3pt, 56% 2pt...

Henson per 36: 15.1pts, 13.6reb, 2.7ast, 1.3stl, 2.1blk, 36% 3pt, 56% 2pt...

That much of garbage...

smith&wesson
11-26-2018, 03:37 PM
Gortat per 36: 11.8pts, 12.3reb, 3.1ast, 0.3stl, 1.0blk, 0% 3pt, 56% 2pt...

Henson per 36: 15.1pts, 13.6reb, 2.7ast, 1.3stl, 2.1blk, 36% 3pt, 56% 2pt...

That much of garbage...

Thanks for sharing, again these players donít move the needle for either team and are lateral trades youíre suggesting.

smith&wesson
11-26-2018, 03:39 PM
And why canít you post this in the bucks trade thread ??

buckalis
11-26-2018, 03:49 PM
And why canít you post this in the bucks trade thread ??

Because here, it is accessible for Clippers fans too... But also because fans of other teams can propose alternative solutions based on the needs of the two teams as to improve further, like those needs are described in the O/P...

Vinylman
11-26-2018, 03:49 PM

shooting hand is code for stroke hand... he is gonna have to embrace the stranger for the next 3 months

smith&wesson
11-26-2018, 04:27 PM
Because here, it is accessible for Clippers fans too... But also because fans of other teams can propose alternative solutions based on the needs of the two teams as to improve further, like those needs are described in the O/P...

Then go in the clippers forum.

Imagine every poster made a thread every time they game up with up with a random trade idea for their team. Donít be ridiculous.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-27-2018, 09:36 AM
Then go in the clippers forum.

Imagine every poster made a thread every time they game up with up with a random trade idea for their team. Donít be ridiculous.

Henson stock raised a bit last season. Even a little bit more this year under coach Bud. Since he was hitting threes. Also one more year under contract after this season. With Henson hitting threes. I said right away best to trade Maker now. Since Henson is the better rebounder of the two. But with Henson out 12 weeks or so. His stock dropped now with injury. Also his shooting hand.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-27-2018, 09:50 AM
Does this looks like left to you Miller?

He must of switched hands. Cause this video left handed hook and left handed three pointer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSnBZm9ce88&t=80s He always a lefty. We had him play 3 more games after the injury as well. So maybe the Wolves game he switched hands. Bit weird. He always was a lefty.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-27-2018, 09:53 AM
Maybe ambidextrous? Later in my video he shoots a free throw with his right hand. But the three pointer and hook was left handed.

buckalis
11-27-2018, 10:18 AM
Maybe ambidextrous? Later in my video he shoots a free throw with his right hand. But the three pointer and hook was left handed.

Hook he does with both hands depending on his position in the paint, his shooting is 90% with right, he uses the left on hooks and mid range shots depending on the position of the defender...

buckalis
11-27-2018, 10:24 AM
He must of switched hands. Cause this video left handed hook and left handed three pointer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSnBZm9ce88&t=80s He always a lefty. We had him play 3 more games after the injury as well. So maybe the Wolves game he switched hands. Bit weird. He always was a lefty.

He was never a lefty... Notice that he shoots right his free throws which is were all players use the better hand... on the video you show, the 2nd 3pt he shoots with right... the first 3pt it's the only one he shot with left this season.

richiesaurus310
11-27-2018, 06:43 PM
The Clippers are going to have $48 million in cap space this offseason, plus another potential $35 million in space given that Danilo Gallinari and Avery Bradley will be on expiring deals. There's no way they're gonna mess with that unless a superstar is coming back in a deal. They're all in on this coming offseason. They can max Tobias Harris which would eat up $33 million, and they'd still have a potential of $50 million in cap space to play around with. But they'll throw all of that away for John Henson? This thread is a waste of time.

buckalis
11-27-2018, 07:05 PM
The Clippers are going to have $48 million in cap space this offseason, plus another potential $35 million in space given that Danilo Gallinari and Avery Bradley will be on expiring deals. There's no way they're gonna mess with that unless a superstar is coming back in a deal. They're all in on this coming offseason. They can max Tobias Harris which would eat up $33 million, and they'd still have a potential of $50 million in cap space to play around with. But they'll throw all of that away for John Henson? This thread is a waste of time.
What does "plus another potential $35 million in space given that Danilo Gallinari and Avery Bradley will be on expiring deals." means?
Gallinari is on a guaranteed contract and Bradley on non-guaranteed, but the team will surely exercise the option...

The Clippers have 60.3M in guaranteed contracts on their books for 19-20 season but T. Harris isn't included neither is Teodosic and there are still 6 additional to Harris and Teodosic roster spots to fill... It simply means that if the team signs Harris for 30M, lets Teodosic go to FA and adds a 40M superstar they are up to 130M with 6 more roster spots empty to fill...

richiesaurus310
11-27-2018, 08:50 PM
What does "plus another potential $35 million in space given that Danilo Gallinari and Avery Bradley will be on expiring deals." means?
Gallinari is on a guaranteed contract and Bradley on non-guaranteed, but the team will surely exercise the option...

The Clippers have 60.3M in guaranteed contracts on their books for 19-20 season but T. Harris isn't included neither is Teodosic and there are still 6 additional to Harris and Teodosic roster spots to fill... It simply means that if the team signs Harris for 30M, lets Teodosic go to FA and adds a 40M superstar they are up to 130M with 6 more roster spots empty to fill...

It means Gallo and Bradley will be in the last year of their deals. They will be easy to trade if the Clippers wish to move them. This is especially true this coming offseason since a dozen teams will have over $23 million in cap space available. And correct only part of Bradley's deal is guaranteed next year.

They're planning on spending $38 million on a veteran max, which under my scenario where they max Tobias would leave them $12 million or so in cap space. They could also sign two $38 million max deals and still have about $7 million in cap space remaining. They're not using that remaining space on a healthy or injured John Henson. Why would anyone do that???

Not to mention the Clippers are actually in 1st place in the Western Conference right now, so why mess up the team's chemistry? Again this trade scenario is a waste of time, and I don't know why it's on the main forum. Should be moved to the Bucks forum.

Tg11
11-27-2018, 09:18 PM

I know right and Clippers GM Jerry West is more smarter than that; he ain't gonna do that

Cracka2HI!
11-27-2018, 11:25 PM

This was in my response and he didn't address it but instead used the fact that Henson has a devastating injury as a selling point, I guess. Bizarre. I didn't even know he was hurt and there is no chance I would want that trade due to next year's FA. I also knew Henson was left handed but just learned that his left is his shooting hand. Good to know!

buckalis
11-28-2018, 01:03 PM
...I also knew Henson was left handed...

I bet there is someone, somewhere with the surname of Henson, who is left handed! John Henson that plays for the Bucks is right handed though... it is stated at basketball reference https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hensojo01.html and one can also see it on videos when he hits the 3pt or free throws https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pE0yJQnLe0 He sometimes uses his left too quite effectively, depending on what it is better against the defender's position...