PDA

View Full Version : Markelle Fultz wants out of Philly

Pages : [1] 2

buckalis
11-22-2018, 02:10 PM
https://cavaliersnation.com/2018/11/21/report-cavs-trade-george-hill-trade-deadline/

It's reasonable... The CAVs are on a fast rebuilt mode and they already have three young PGs on rookie Sexton, Clarkson and Andrew Harrison they recently added out of free agency (after he was waived by the overloaded on guards Grizzlies).

The CAVs should consider an offer that includes a useful player on other than PG position and a pick...

Hill has only 1M guaranteed on his salary for next season, which makes him more tempting than expiring contracts, because given his age, he can be negotiated for a more affordable multiyear contract extension for the team that will receive him...

Markelle Fultz OTOH, seems to be disappointed by loosing his place on the starting roster after Butler joined the Sixers and because of it, has chosen (after being advised by his manager) to follow the Butler/Leonard policy of... asking out by pretending the "injured player" nonesense...

Clearly a behavior that should affect his future with teams that are potential contenders and the last thing they'll want is to invest on players that could create locker room relation issues...

Mr. Fultz should learn that players win their place in the roster, instead of demanding it...

My Bucks should only (but seriously) consider Hill out of the above...

Tg11
11-22-2018, 03:38 PM
Markelle Fultz should go to Phoenix or Chicago

ewing
11-22-2018, 04:23 PM
Can some change this thread title

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IndyRealist
11-22-2018, 04:40 PM
After the slew of colossally wrong predictions this year, you'd think people would be less inclined to say something will definitively happen.

buckalis
11-22-2018, 04:45 PM
After the slew of colossally wrong predictions this year, you'd think people would be less inclined to say something will definitively happen.

"What would definitely happen", is defined by expiring contracts and whether a team on a rebuilt takes something useful or nothing out of them in return (for the Cavs)...

That Fultz wants out and the policy he will follow, it's his agent saying (per reports)...

More-Than-Most
11-22-2018, 04:49 PM
already came out and called ******** on fultz wanting out... His agent talked to EB and flat out told him that its ********

LaVar Ball
11-22-2018, 04:54 PM
https://cavaliersnation.com/2018/11/21/report-cavs-trade-george-hill-trade-deadline/

It's reasonable... The CAVs are on a fast rebuilt mode and they already have three young PGs on rookie Sexton, Clarkson and Andrew Harrison they recently added out of free agency (after he was waived by the overloaded on guards Grizzlies).

The CAVs should consider an offer that includes a useful player on other than PG position and a pick...

Hill has only 1M guaranteed on his salary for next season, which makes him more tempting than expiring contracts, because given his age, he can be negotiated for a more affordable multiyear contract extension for the team that will receive him...

Markelle Fultz OTOH, seems to be disappointed by loosing his place on the starting roster after Butler joined the Sixers and because of it, has chosen (after being advised by his manager) to follow the Butler/Leonard policy of... asking out by pretending the "injured player" nonesense...

Clearly a behavior that should affect his future with teams that are potential contenders and the last thing they'll want is to invest on players that could create locker room relation issues...

Mr. Fultz should learn that players win their place in the roster, instead of demanding it...

My Bucks should only (but seriously) consider Hill out of the above...

Why are you mixing 2 different topics in one thread?

wtf

FlashBolt
11-22-2018, 05:02 PM
Philly should be happy if Fultz wants out. Why deal with this? Just move on.

More-Than-Most
11-22-2018, 05:26 PM

The same reason the lakers dealt with lonzo ball having one of the worst shooting seasons ever... The upside a top 2 pick has and getting 10 cents on the dollar by trading them

buckalis
11-22-2018, 05:43 PM
Why are you mixing 2 different topics in one thread?

wtf

Because the Lakers should consider propose trading their trash on either or both available... Korver too, he will be only 39 by the playoffs... :D

FlashBolt
11-23-2018, 06:16 AM
The same reason the lakers dealt with lonzo ball having one of the worst shooting seasons ever... The upside a top 2 pick has and getting 10 cents on the dollar by trading them

I don't know what you've been watching but Lonzo's issues aren't confidence. He's shooting the ball when he's open. Markelle's problem isn't shooting the ball. It's all mental and maybe physical at this point. Top 2 pick is irrelevant. I can see Lonzo playing in the league for many years to come. Fultz? I can't see it. He'll be lucky to be a serviceable starting player in the foreseeable future. It's not about getting back something for Fultz. It's that he's a complete distraction to your team when you guys have a LEGIT shot at winning a championship (assuming Warriors somehow implode via injury to Steph, etc.,) or at the least, making the Finals. If you make the Finals, that's a successful season.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-23-2018, 09:26 AM
WOJ already said fake news on Fultz wanting out. I posted that tweet in the Fultz bike accident thread.

prodigy
11-24-2018, 12:54 PM

No they should be happy with him getting his crap together and showing why he was drafted so high. what a horrible pick right now for this team thats so close. This has been a set back.

They just got smoked by the cavs.

Hill, korver, Smith will def be traded. Smith having Zero value to anyone.

Thompson has played very well for Cleveland. Once he dumped the kardashian he remembered how to play. A contending team that needs help on the boards could come calling for him.

More-Than-Most
11-24-2018, 09:12 PM
No they should be happy with him getting his crap together and showing why he was drafted so high. what a horrible pick right now for this team thats so close. This has been a set back.

They just got smoked by the cavs.

Hill, korver, Smith will def be traded. Smith having Zero value to anyone.

Thompson has played very well for Cleveland. Once he dumped the kardashian he remembered how to play. A contending team that needs help on the boards could come calling for him.

Its not a setback at all... We needed him to get by Boston.... Then we traded for Butler... TJ is actually the better backup over fultz right now.. We needed fultz to get good fast like tatum because we didnt have a 3rd guy outside of embiid but now we do... Once we traded for butler fultz went right to the bench and furthering him this season was pointless... Right now the setback is butler and figuring out how to play with embiid and ben which they are working on.

GREATNESS ONE
11-24-2018, 10:50 PM
What value can you realistically get for Fultz?

LaVar Ball
11-24-2018, 10:56 PM

Markelle Fultz for JR Smith

GREATNESS ONE
11-24-2018, 11:18 PM
Markelle Fultz for JR Smith

Lmfao!

warfelg
11-24-2018, 11:21 PM
Saves up $6mil next year and gets us someone who will actually shoot from 3. Jokes on Cleveland. lol

GREATNESS ONE
11-25-2018, 12:00 AM
Saves up $6mil next year and gets us someone who will actually shoot from 3. Jokes on Cleveland. lol

???? I mean....... this really isnít a debate so wonít engage.

rpgmaster86
11-25-2018, 02:16 AM
Trey Burke, Dotson and lance Thomas
Or
Burke, Dotson, Baker and 2nd rd pick

More-Than-Most
11-25-2018, 02:23 AM

that is why id keep him. Its utterly stupid to trade him right now.

FlashBolt
11-25-2018, 02:53 AM
As I've said... Philly should and are looking to trade him. You guys can compete for a title. Get your missing piece and flip Fultz quick. Philly doesn't want this distraction. One week it's his FT and the next it's his wrist. They dealt enough with Embiid. Good decision my Philly to move on.

ewing
11-25-2018, 03:14 AM
that is why id keep him. Its utterly stupid to trade him right now.

you're like Sam Hinkie. Players are more then assets. On paper you are right but unless you send him to the D league he's a problem for the team. I'm guaranteeing guys resent him. The attention he is getting is "no bueno" TJ fought his *** off to make the league. People called JJ a bust for years while he lifted weights and got his D up to NBA level and this kid got gifted a starting spot on a team whose players think they are contenders. The clown act he was putting on the foul line wasn't helping his cause either. Its a ****** situation for Philly b/c his value is in the tank but they might feel compelled to cut ties.

More-Than-Most
11-25-2018, 03:47 AM
you're like Sam Hinkie. Players are more then assets. On paper you are right but unless you send him to the D league he's a problem for the team. I'm guaranteeing guys resent him. The attention he is getting is "no bueno" TJ fought his *** off to make the league. People called JJ a bust for years while he lifted weights and got his D up to NBA level and this kid got gifted a starting spot on a team whose players think they are contenders. The clown act he was putting on the foul line wasn't helping his cause either. Its a ****** situation for Philly b/c his value is in the tank but they might feel compelled to cut ties.

https://sports.yahoo.com/joel-embiid-implies-bryan-colangelo-020039874.html

Embiid is beyond supportive.

ewing
11-25-2018, 04:01 AM
https://sports.yahoo.com/joel-embiid-implies-bryan-colangelo-020039874.html

Embiid is beyond supportive.

that doesn't mean he's not a problem. every guy on that team that isn't getting 30 mins a night thinks he is better then someone that is in front of him and they likely have a chip on there shoulder about it. when things are going poorly every guy on that team that gets 30 min sometimes thinks someone else on the floor is impeding them from helping right the ship. I was as team first a player as there ever was and that the way it was from grammer school through college. I doubt the NBA is any different. Forcing feeding a kid with no NBA track record mins when he doesn't deserve them doesn't play well. I imagine making guys answer questions about him every day doesn't either. The best thing for the organization and probably for Fultz is to go to the G league but he's probably not willing.

Tg11
11-25-2018, 05:14 AM
Hell send Fultz to G League

More-Than-Most
11-25-2018, 05:56 AM
Hell send Fultz to G League

this. There is no reason to trade him... In fact trading him would be beyond moronic... He is under a rookie contract and he has massive potential and IS 20 YEARS OLD... Trading him from a position of weakness is how people come to regret moves.

FlashBolt
11-25-2018, 06:55 AM
this. There is no reason to trade him... In fact trading him would be beyond moronic... He is under a rookie contract and he has massive potential and IS 20 YEARS OLD... Trading him from a position of weakness is how people come to regret moves.

Lol. No, it's not a weakness. Trying to pretend a liability is an asset is weakness. They're accepting the reality and moving on. Maybe Fultz gets better but maybe he doesn't. Philly is testing the market for Fultz. If they can get a good return, they do it. What's the harm in putting him for trade trying to get offers? They could just say no if they don't like the deal. Also, what should Embiid say? Fultz can't shoot FT's? He knows Fultz is sensitive so he's trying to instill confidence into him. Sadly, it hasn't been working. I'm sure they are rooting for him but let's be honest here, the story doesn't add up. Something happened to him physically and now it's affecting him mentally as well. Trade him for some shooters and go for the title.

More-Than-Most
11-25-2018, 07:43 AM
Lol. No, it's not a weakness. Trying to pretend a liability is an asset is weakness. They're accepting the reality and moving on. Maybe Fultz gets better but maybe he doesn't. Philly is testing the market for Fultz. If they can get a good return, they do it. What's the harm in putting him for trade trying to get offers? They could just say no if they don't like the deal. Also, what should Embiid say? Fultz can't shoot FT's? He knows Fultz is sensitive so he's trying to instill confidence into him. Sadly, it hasn't been working. I'm sure they are rooting for him but let's be honest here, the story doesn't add up. Something happened to him physically and now it's affecting him mentally as well. Trade him for some shooters and go for the title.

Well damn i guess the lakers should just trade Ball/Ingram/Kuzma and multiple firsts asap for another star quickly AND GO FOR THE TITLE lol.. I guess OKC should trade PG13 and Westy because they have no shot at a title with all due respect so whats the point of holding on to them? Hell why should the celtics hold on to tatum right now when they could offer him and brown and others up in a package for AD to put them over the top? Potential matters/age matters/ Again i am so glad the sixers didnt listen to most in here and give up Embiid... 20 year old prospect who is either hurt or mentally weak or both doesnt mean the dude cant/wont and never will be able to play and we wont get anything for him currently so the only 2 actually smart options would be to keep him and send him to the D-League OR trade him in the off season to free up cap and go get another top free agent after we sign butler... Trading him now does nothing but limit what we can get because of the current situation.

FlashBolt
11-25-2018, 09:09 AM
Well damn i guess the lakers should just trade Ball/Ingram/Kuzma and multiple firsts asap for another star quickly AND GO FOR THE TITLE lol.. I guess OKC should trade PG13 and Westy because they have no shot at a title with all due respect so whats the point of holding on to them? Hell why should the celtics hold on to tatum right now when they could offer him and brown and others up in a package for AD to put them over the top? Potential matters/age matters/ Again i am so glad the sixers didnt listen to most in here and give up Embiid... 20 year old prospect who is either hurt or mentally weak or both doesnt mean the dude cant/wont and never will be able to play and we wont get anything for him currently so the only 2 actually smart options would be to keep him and send him to the D-League OR trade him in the off season to free up cap and go get another top free agent after we sign butler... Trading him now does nothing but limit what we can get because of the current situation.

For the 100th time, why do you keep comparing Fultz to other guys? Fultz isn't healthy, missed an entire season, has no confidence in any type of shot, and isn't even the third best PG on the team? I mean, you're comparing him to Lonzo but I bet the Sixers would trade Fultz for Lonzo in a heartbeat. Lonzo might be the best PG on the Lakers. Kuzma is the best PF on the Lakers. Brandon Ingram is the best SG on the Lakers. I'm sorry but you're comparing a guy who can't even play backup PG to starters on a team. Why should we trade PG13 and Westbrook? They're helping us win games and giving us a shot. How is Fultz giving you guys a shot? He's a total distraction who is only making things worse for you guys considering Sixers are trying to be the best team in the East. If Warriors suffer an injury to Curry, Sixers have a shot at beating the Warriors. Time to win now and Fultz is not ready. I don't get what you're saying. Sixers shouldn't look for offers? Them trying to have options prove to me they are trying to win and that's what I want to see from them. Again.. comparing him to Embiid. Why? Embiid had size, footwork, and could knock down shots in a rare skillset not many centers have. Where in Fultz game does he have any of those? I get your point in inflating his value but I think there is more to this than the Sixers simply trying to look for offers. I think they feel Fultz lied to them and is making it difficult for the Sixers to find out the truth. They are giving up on him as a person as well. I have difficulty believing they haven't tried sending him to their G-League team. Something else is up.

FlashBolt
11-25-2018, 09:12 AM

Every one has a price. If Lakers could get someone like AD, they are trading everyone at their disposal outside of LeBron. Fultz has a lack of value but Sixers putting it out there that they are willing to trade him is only a sign that they are looking to see if they can improve their roster in hopes someone may be willing to give up a player that can help them. I'm sorry you think otherwise but really, you're upset the Sixers are OPEN to offers. I wish every team would be open with their roster because no one should be untouchable unless they provide immense value and quite frankly, Fultz provides little-to-no value.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-25-2018, 09:21 AM
If Fultz has nerve damage. He may never recover. So maybe reason why 76ers are moving on. Fultz is just a salary filler at this point. Since only other big salaries 76ers have is Redick and Chandler for trades.

warfelg
11-25-2018, 09:52 AM
Every one has a price. If Lakers could get someone like AD, they are trading everyone at their disposal outside of LeBron. Fultz has a lack of value but Sixers putting it out there that they are willing to trade him is only a sign that they are looking to see if they can improve their roster in hopes someone may be willing to give up a player that can help them. I'm sorry you think otherwise but really, you're upset the Sixers are OPEN to offers. I wish every team would be open with their roster because no one should be untouchable unless they provide immense value and quite frankly, Fultz provides little-to-no value.

And frankly, we should be open to offers right now but we should also be unhappy about it. The guy goes tomorrow to get his shoulder looked at, a mystery wrist ailment was just added, and he's not even practicing. This is not the time to finally be looking at deals. A good time to explore it would be after the news comes back, before the season, when we traded for Jimmy and Fultz was at least productive.

If we are interested in moving him, I would not be leaking anything or making a single call before Tuesday. Get that news back on what it is. And go from there.

FlashBolt
11-25-2018, 10:16 AM
And frankly, we should be open to offers right now but we should also be unhappy about it. The guy goes tomorrow to get his shoulder looked at, a mystery wrist ailment was just added, and he's not even practicing. This is not the time to finally be looking at deals. A good time to explore it would be after the news comes back, before the season, when we traded for Jimmy and Fultz was at least productive.

If we are interested in moving him, I would not be leaking anything or making a single call before Tuesday. Get that news back on what it is. And go from there.

I agree. I am not saying trade Fultz for a bag of chips but Philly should be completely open to any offers that will help the team. Maybe a desperate team willing to bet on Fultz will give something that could help Philly. I just find it absurd that Fultz being in trade talks is negative for the Sixers. It's unfortunate that a #1 pick has turned into this and it would make sense for Sixers to give him some more time but this entire thing seems weird. We know something is up for sure. You don't completely abandon your shot and start practicing five different varieties of FT's this soon. Someone said nerve damage. I believe it might be. That juggling of the ball in the FT line pretty much showed me that there is more to it than is being released. No one in their right mind shoots a FT like that unless they're literally desperate to try anything.

warfelg
11-25-2018, 10:33 AM
I agree. I am not saying trade Fultz for a bag of chips but Philly should be completely open to any offers that will help the team. Maybe a desperate team willing to bet on Fultz will give something that could help Philly. I just find it absurd that Fultz being in trade talks is negative for the Sixers. It's unfortunate that a #1 pick has turned into this and it would make sense for Sixers to give him some more time but this entire thing seems weird. We know something is up for sure. You don't completely abandon your shot and start practicing five different varieties of FT's this soon. Someone said nerve damage. I believe it might be. That juggling of the ball in the FT line pretty much showed me that there is more to it than is being released. No one in their right mind shoots a FT like that unless they're literally desperate to try anything.

SAS has hinted at for a while now that it might be more of a Zach Greinkie situation than nerve damage. Basically social anxiety at the highest level, and that's why he chose Washington because it kept him out of the spotlight and helped with it.

Another source I trust said there is something there mentally, and heard before the 2017 draft that Fultz's team didn't want him picked by any teams in the top 3 because they didn't like the fit for him. This insider said don't be shocked if this test comes back with very little conclusive results, the Sixers trade him, and within 3-4 years he's back to where he was. They didn't like that he would be the 3rd fiddle in Philly, behind 4 G's in Boston, and they had a feeling LA was going to star chase. They wanted him on PHX or SAC, but also wanted him to be the #1 pick, which is why they didn't put up a fuss about him being picked by Philly. But this could also be a 'self sabotage' to get him to a situation where he can be the lead guy.

Honestly.....wouldn't shock me at all if we learn in 6-8 years that it was a confluence of almost everything. There was an injury, they didn't really want him there, but when the team did well without him they got mad, stopped whatever treatment helped with the anxiety, and perpetrated the injury more, and forced his way out.

warfelg
11-25-2018, 10:34 AM
But in the end basically.....the timing of reports of us wanting to move him is the worse. He's at the absolute lowest of his value right now.

FlashBolt
11-25-2018, 10:41 AM
SAS has hinted at for a while now that it might be more of a Zach Greinkie situation than nerve damage. Basically social anxiety at the highest level, and that's why he chose Washington because it kept him out of the spotlight and helped with it.

Another source I trust said there is something there mentally, and heard before the 2017 draft that Fultz's team didn't want him picked by any teams in the top 3 because they didn't like the fit for him. This insider said don't be shocked if this test comes back with very little conclusive results, the Sixers trade him, and within 3-4 years he's back to where he was. They didn't like that he would be the 3rd fiddle in Philly, behind 4 G's in Boston, and they had a feeling LA was going to star chase. They wanted him on PHX or SAC, but also wanted him to be the #1 pick, which is why they didn't put up a fuss about him being picked by Philly. But this could also be a 'self sabotage' to get him to a situation where he can be the lead guy.

Honestly.....wouldn't shock me at all if we learn in 6-8 years that it was a confluence of almost everything. There was an injury, they didn't really want him there, but when the team did well without him they got mad, stopped whatever treatment helped with the anxiety, and perpetrated the injury more, and forced his way out.

There are problems for sure but I can't find an explanation for the juggling of FT's. What the hell is that? There has to be a reason PHYSICALLY for him to be shooting like that. I've never seen anything like it.

warfelg
11-25-2018, 11:11 AM
There are problems for sure but I can't find an explanation for the juggling of FT's. What the hell is that? There has to be a reason PHYSICALLY for him to be shooting like that. I've never seen anything like it.

Not physical. Mental. He has a block that he canít shoot set shots because of the tinkering. He wants to shoot the old form, but then when his trainer/moms fiancť taught him is in there and what Hanlen taught him is in there. Juggling it just makes him react and not think.

Watch the double clutch FTs. They have a different pre and post clutch form. He goes up with the elbows wide, then when he clutches the elbows tuck and he misses.

Then watch his Washington tape. Wide elbows with a low forehead release. Watch set jumpers for the last 2 years. Tight elbows and high release. Any free flow rhythm jumper is wide elbows with a lower release.

The same person that speculated about nerve damage also said that the most likely culprit would be improper technique with lifting weights above the head. What was one of the films of Fultz in the 2017 summer video? Shooting a medicine ball from on a chair.

Heavy heavy speculation here: I think his change in form was done the wrong way and caused the injury.

warfelg
11-25-2018, 11:24 AM
And I think thatís why both sides might be so mum about admitting what happened.

For the Sixers itís not a good look to have a guy go away and change the element that made you draft him. You donít want that look out there.

From Fultzs standpoint itís embarrassing to admit you got hurt changing how you shoot. Thatís not something that should cause injury. Either you look soft or whoever was training him look foolish.

ewing
11-25-2018, 02:20 PM
And I think thatís why both sides might be so mum about admitting what happened.

For the Sixers itís not a good look to have a guy go away and change the element that made you draft him. You donít want that look out there.

From Fultzs standpoint itís embarrassing to admit you got hurt changing how you shoot. Thatís not something that should cause injury. Either you look soft or whoever was training him look foolish.

Idk. It still doesnít add up to me. Getting hurt isnít embarrassing. Being hurt excuses what is embarrassing which is the way he shoots.

warfelg
11-25-2018, 02:29 PM
Idk. It still doesnít add up to me. Getting hurt isnít embarrassing. Being hurt excuses what is embarrassing which is the way he shoots.

Getting hurt changing something you didn't have to change? That's embarrassing.

CityofTreez
11-25-2018, 02:41 PM
Fultzí short career (as a whole) has been as embarrassing as it could get right?

ewing
11-25-2018, 04:09 PM
Getting hurt changing something you didn't have to change? That's embarrassing.

He was trying to get better. Not embarrassing. The fact that he canít shoot is embarrassing

Tg11
11-25-2018, 05:11 PM
Markelle is a bust and he will be out of the NBA soon

warfelg
11-25-2018, 10:32 PM
Cavs have called on Fultz, potentially offering Korver.

ewing
11-25-2018, 10:56 PM

I could see it

warfelg
11-25-2018, 10:58 PM
I could see it

Fultz-Sexton is a strange fit to try to make work IMO though.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-26-2018, 09:14 AM
I don't see the point in Cavs trading for Fultz. Fultz is damaged goods. Besides like you said they have Sexton.

Vinylman
11-26-2018, 09:32 AM

I was just gonna post this as an idea... this is the "type" of deal that will happen. People need to remember that while Fultz might make it back he is still owed this years money plus one more at over $9 million

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-26-2018, 09:40 AM
I was just gonna post this as an idea... this is the "type" of deal that will happen. People need to remember that while Fultz might make it back he is still owed this years money plus one more at over $9 million

I believe Korver is partial guaranteed on that third year at $3M or so. So just letting Fultz walk that year. Cavs save some money. But still Fultz with nerve damage and cant shoot whats the point. Seems like a waste. If I was the Cavs i'd wait till more offers pile in. That article/tweet I posted mentioned Thunder,76ers,Lakers,Bucks all interested in Korver.

But who knows. The way the Cavs are poorly ran front office they may do this deal. Then queue in the Love trade rumors December 15. I think that's the date he can be traded since he signed a new contract this summer. Also he asked the Cavs front office if they were tanking or not before he signed. They said no. I'm sure he wants out now. JR wants out already. He's not on the tank train. Korver been on the trade block a while.

warfelg
11-26-2018, 10:00 AM
I believe Korver is partial guaranteed on that third year at $3M or so. So just letting Fultz walk that year. Cavs save some money. But still Fultz with nerve damage and cant shoot whats the point. Seems like a waste. If I was the Cavs i'd wait till more offers pile in. That article/tweet I posted mentioned Thunder,76ers,Lakers,Bucks all interested in Korver.

But who knows. The way the Cavs are poorly ran front office they may do this deal. Then queue in the Love trade rumors December 15. I think that's the date he can be traded since he signed a new contract this summer. Also he asked the Cavs front office if they were tanking or not before he signed. They said no. I'm sure he wants out now. JR wants out already. He's not on the tank train. Korver been on the trade block a while.

The Sixers picked up Fultzs 2019-20 option which is $9mil. Korver is partially guaranteed at $3 mil. That swap alone saves us $6 mil. Meaning even after a max to Butler would mean $27mil in cap space.

I prefer we hold Fultz in that situation a little longer. He could be valuable cap matching for a more impactful guard that will let us move Wilson Chandler back to the bench and use Simmons at the 4.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-26-2018, 10:15 AM
https://www.spotrac.com/nba/cleveland-cavaliers/kyle-korver-2752/

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/philadelphia-76ers/markelle-fultz-23596/

Yeah Fultz club option is 20-21. So yeah Cavs eat more dead weight. Cause Korver is $3.4M guaranteed only out of his $7.5M in 19-20. Then Fultz is $9.7M yet for 19-20 So Cavs eat like $6.3M. Also they got Loves contract to trade yet if they can. Besides JR sitting at home waiting to be traded. I'm shocked Cavs aren't getting things done yet. Longer they wait teams will move on. Look at Hawks when they thought they'd get picks for Belinelli and Ersan. They waited to long and just bought them out.

warfelg
11-26-2018, 10:37 AM
Yea, and I think that's what teams are waiting for. The longer they hold out for top picks, the more likely it will be that the Cavs will have to buy them out. Even with their buyouts, I'm not seeing many teams willing to take on those guys at their current salary.

Heediot
11-26-2018, 10:42 AM
if i were the cavs i'd take Fultz for Korver and run with it, even if it flops. Korver is a dinosaur and you get a flyer on a guy who might be high reward.

WaDe03
11-26-2018, 10:48 AM
Think it was Woj who said Philly will be lucky to get a 1st for Fultz. Iíd like Miami to try McGruder and Ellington to see if they can get him. Embrace the tank and take on a project. If it took a 1st in the end Iíd probably do it, solid gamble.

Vinylman
11-26-2018, 10:48 AM
Yea, and I think that's what teams are waiting for. The longer they hold out for top picks, the more likely it will be that the Cavs will have to buy them out. Even with their buyouts, I'm not seeing many teams willing to take on those guys at their current salary.

They will easily get a first for George Hill because of the way his deal is structured if they take on money next year.

Something like Hill/Dekker for Parsons and a 1st

warfelg
11-26-2018, 10:57 AM
They will easily get a first for George Hill because of the way his deal is structured if they take on money next year.

Something like Hill/Dekker for Parsons and a 1st

Who is Parsons even with anymore? lol.

But I do agree that George Hill is their best bet for a 1st. They should look at a team with backup big needs and try to use Hill as a way to unload Thompson.

Vinylman
11-26-2018, 11:14 AM
Who is Parsons even with anymore? lol.

But I do agree that George Hill is their best bet for a 1st. They should look at a team with backup big needs and try to use Hill as a way to unload Thompson.

He is in Memphis... other options would be like Portland for evan Turner/mo harkless/filler/1st/2nd and then you include JR in the deal on top of that. Would really clean things up for Portland and I have a feeling they are starting to fall off a cliff and that pick would be around 20.

there is also no hurry to unload either hill or JR... they can be good pieces during the offseason to help teams out.

Korver is really the only one that has "some" on court value this year but I just don't see it happening.

Vinylman
11-26-2018, 11:17 AM
I would also look out for Morey. He could pick up hill for probably knight/chriss/1st/2nd and then turn around and use him in another deal

valade16
11-26-2018, 01:47 PM
If Fultz goes for Korver the 76ers really messed up waiting to trade him so long.

WhiteShadow42
11-26-2018, 02:16 PM
LOL. The Sixers could have had Tatum. That would have been an incredible team. I know a lot of you have said this but just thinking about it while reading this thread makes me glad as a Lakers fan they did not take Tatum.

QBAwayBroncos
11-26-2018, 02:48 PM
Fultz doesn't want out..... Wtf is this thread about.

Rivera
11-26-2018, 03:22 PM
Fultz doesn't want out..... Wtf is this thread about.

i can see why its open

multiple outlets that are reputable that says he wants out

then theres WOJ who said his agent said thats false

its who do you believe? All the reputable sources or WOJ who spoke with the agent that released a statement

the agent could be right, maybe Fultz doesnt want out, the agent could also be trying to save face for Fultz PR and gain as much value as possible for the 76ers to trade Fultz

either way its a story and the curious case of Markelle Fultz continues to evolve

Tg11
11-26-2018, 03:53 PM
Fultz is a scrub...a bust

IndyRealist
11-26-2018, 04:11 PM
i can see why its open

multiple outlets that are reputable that says he wants out

then theres WOJ who said his agent said thats false

its who do you believe? All the reputable sources or WOJ who spoke with the agent that released a statement

the agent could be right, maybe Fultz doesnt want out, the agent could also be trying to save face for Fultz PR and gain as much value as possible for the 76ers to trade Fultz

either way its a story and the curious case of Markelle Fultz continues to evolve

Without looking in depth, when situations like this happen I've found that most of the time, multiple news outlets are all quoting the same source. So it's really ONE guy saying something, and everyone else saying "that one guy is reporting it".

Sports journalism is not the most rigorous. The need to say something for ratings outweigh the need to be correct.

Rivera
11-26-2018, 04:29 PM
Without looking in depth, when situations like this happen I've found that most of the time, multiple news outlets are all quoting the same source. So it's really ONE guy saying something, and everyone else saying "that one guy is reporting it".

Sports journalism is not the most rigorous. The need to say something for ratings outweigh the need to be correct.

i dont disagree at all, could be the same, could be different, hell for all we know, the agent was the one who quietly told all the other reporters that Fultz wants out, then goes to WOJ and says no just to get Fultz name out in the trade market over night for teams to inquire

QBAwayBroncos
11-27-2018, 01:02 AM
that doesn't mean he's not a problem. every guy on that team that isn't getting 30 mins a night thinks he is better then someone that is in front of him and they likely have a chip on there shoulder about it. when things are going poorly every guy on that team that gets 30 min sometimes thinks someone else on the floor is impeding them from helping right the ship. I was as team first a player as there ever was and that the way it was from grammer school through college. I doubt the NBA is any different. Forcing feeding a kid with no NBA track record mins when he doesn't deserve them doesn't play well. I imagine making guys answer questions about him every day doesn't either. The best thing for the organization and probably for Fultz is to go to the G league but he's probably not willing.
Dude just shut up, you are a knicks fan and don't have a clue about the vibe of our locker room. Our guys don't resent fultz, they want him to get his **** together and be what we all envisioned him being coming out of Washington. Fultz has been benched and rightfully so and he's fine about it. The sixers are going to ultimately send him to the D league and let him just play big minutes working his way back into what he was at Washington and when he's ready our Stars and role player's will welcome him with open arms. The sixers would be fools to trade such a talent who would have our bench so damn deadly when he gets his mind right.

QBAwayBroncos
11-27-2018, 01:06 AM
Fultz agent specifically told Elton brand that the B's reports of fultz wanting out is pure horse ****. Fultz loves his teammates and Philly. And now that we have a killer like Butler fultz can have the pressure of being a Jimmy Butler lifted off his shoulders. Go get his brain right and sent to the D league to play big time minutes and work on his game

cmellofan15
11-27-2018, 01:14 AM
5 ****ing pages.......? This new trend of posting fake articles and running with them as fact is absolutely ridiculous

More-Than-Most
11-27-2018, 06:25 AM
Fun notes real quick with the hate on Fultz... With him on the court our defensive statistics have been the best since late october... On top of this since he has sat we are the worst defensive team since the start of last season in these past 3 games with no fultz.... People are so quick to throw out the bust stuff but here some more stats for people

Here is the sixers defensive rating without fultz per individual

https://imgur.com/a/uZCSmr0#w7Cmaum

Right now TJ is so much worse defensively its sad.

Also I saw this on reddit....

Markelle Fultz is averaging 8.2 PPG on 41.9% shooting in 22.5 minutes. Boston has four G/F's that average over 22 MPG shooting below 40% from the floor. Terry Rozier: 7.9 PPG / 36.1%, Marcus Smart: 5.8 PPG / 36.7%, Jaylen Brown: 10.9 PPG / 37.4%, Gordon Hayward: 10.3 PPG / 39.2%

More-Than-Most
11-27-2018, 06:28 AM
No chance we trade him... Its like the above poster said... One person reported some BS and all the fake sources came out.... If he ends up traded one team is going to have a sleeping monster who when he gets it right will destroy the league.

ewing
11-27-2018, 07:21 AM
Dude just shut up, you are a knicks fan and don't have a clue about the vibe of our locker room. Our guys don't resent fultz, they want him to get his **** together and be what we all envisioned him being coming out of Washington. Fultz has been benched and rightfully so and he's fine about it. The sixers are going to ultimately send him to the D league and let him just play big minutes working his way back into what he was at Washington and when he's ready our Stars and role player's will welcome him with open arms. The sixers would be fools to trade such a talent who would have our bench so damn deadly when he gets his mind right.

Kumbaya my lord kumbaya

Tg11
11-27-2018, 08:13 AM
I hope Fultz gets traded because he needs a fresh start with a new team

tredigs
11-27-2018, 09:16 AM
@MTM you think Fultz is the reason for that defensive differential and it's not just statistical noise? :laugh:

You're the ultimate homer. God love ya.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-27-2018, 09:28 AM
If Fultz goes for Korver the 76ers really messed up waiting to trade him so long.

76ers should of just drafted Tatum and kept him and kept that other pick they gave up. Wasn't that the Kings pick?

ewing
11-27-2018, 09:45 AM
I read an article that said the Sixers were totally blind sided by the idea the Fultz is currently injured. If true I think that is crazy. Is this the new thing the NBA? If you are unhappy or have some kind of problem you just claim to be hurt and go rogue? KL, Jimmy, and now Fultz all seem to have played the "well it's my body" card in the past year. When it comes to playing basketball these guy are like "no means no" :)

warfelg
11-27-2018, 09:52 AM
I read an article that said the Sixers were totally blind sided by the idea the Fultz is currently injured. If true I think that is crazy. Is this the new thing the NBA? If you are unhappy or have some kind of problem you just claim to be hurt and go rogue? KL, Jimmy, and now Fultz all seem to have you the "well is my body" card in the past year

I'd agree it's kinda mind blowing.

Especially with reports that he saw up to 5 different specialists, at the discretion of his agent/attorney. To me it almost sounds like there's nothing there and his agent/attorney wants him to keep going to specialists until one of them say there's an actual injury and continually playing him caused more damage.

ewing
11-27-2018, 09:53 AM
@MTM you think Fultz is the reason for that defensive differential and it's not just statistical noise? :laugh:

You're the ultimate homer. God love ya.

He is shooting better then Marcus Smart. I mean that counts for something right?

ewing
11-27-2018, 09:59 AM
I'd agree it's kinda mind blowing.

Especially with reports that he saw up to 5 different specialists, at the discretion of his agent/attorney. To me it almost sounds like there's nothing there and his agent/attorney wants him to keep going to specialists until one of them say there's an actual injury and continually playing him caused more damage.

maybe there is something wrong. IDK but not communicating any injury concern with the team, shutting yourself down, and going to see your own doctors seems insubordinate as hell to me. Unless he tried to talk to them about it before and they were like rub some dirt on it and get out there you *****?? IDK. The Fultz situation just gets stranger the closer you look at it

warfelg
11-27-2018, 10:06 AM
maybe there is something wrong. IDK but not communicating any injury concern with the team, shutting yourself down, and going to see your own doctors seems insubordinate as hell to me. Unless he tried to talk to them about it before and they were like rub some dirt on it and get out there you *****?? IDK. The Fultz situation just gets stranger the closer you look at it

And having that attitude of 'rub some dirt on it' would be massively perplexing given the patience this team has shown through Noel, Embiid, Simmons, Smith, even Okafor to an extent. To suddenly change their tune with Fultz would be really strange.

Wouldn't shock me if something was/is wrong BUT at the same time they were told playing with that isn't going to cause any more damage, but there is something that can be done (AKA surgery). But because it can't be worse by playing the team maybe pushed for him to be available and to get the work done in the offseason.

prodigy
11-27-2018, 10:27 AM
Its not a setback at all... We needed him to get by Boston.... Then we traded for Butler... TJ is actually the better backup over fultz right now.. We needed fultz to get good fast like tatum because we didnt have a 3rd guy outside of embiid but now we do... Once we traded for butler fultz went right to the bench and furthering him this season was pointless... Right now the setback is butler and figuring out how to play with embiid and ben which they are working on.

ya #1 becoming a bust is not a setback LMAO!!! Def a setback. Philly has so many high picks on that team that have panned out so they are still good. But If he lived up to that pick just image how good sixers would be.

prodigy
11-27-2018, 10:28 AM
Korver for Fultz/2nd I'm down if im Cleveland. Why not take a shot at the young kid. Change of location helps players all the time.

Vinylman
11-27-2018, 11:16 AM
Fun notes real quick with the hate on Fultz... With him on the court our defensive statistics have been the best since late october... On top of this since he has sat we are the worst defensive team since the start of last season in these past 3 games with no fultz.... People are so quick to throw out the bust stuff but here some more stats for people

Here is the sixers defensive rating without fultz per individual

https://imgur.com/a/uZCSmr0#w7Cmaum

Right now TJ is so much worse defensively its sad.

Also I saw this on reddit....

Markelle Fultz is averaging 8.2 PPG on 41.9% shooting in 22.5 minutes. Boston has four G/F's that average over 22 MPG shooting below 40% from the floor. Terry Rozier: 7.9 PPG / 36.1%, Marcus Smart: 5.8 PPG / 36.7%, Jaylen Brown: 10.9 PPG / 37.4%, Gordon Hayward: 10.3 PPG / 39.2%

might want to look into who was on the floor at the same time Ö like Covington...

warfelg
11-27-2018, 11:28 AM
might want to look into who was on the floor at the same time Ö like Covington...

RoCo [emoji26]

I wish we could have done the Jimmy deal and kept him.

But now you said the magical word and one or two people are going to come in saying how RoCo isnít actually a good defender. And it will all be based on the Boston series and ignore the 328 game sample size the shows heís an elite wing defender.

TheDish87
11-27-2018, 11:52 AM
i dont think anyone ever said Cov isnt a good defender. Hes not elite though. Can leave it at that. No one cares when you are stopping B and C level players in meaningless reg reason games.

Tg11
11-27-2018, 12:39 PM
Fultz to the Cavs can actually help him

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-27-2018, 01:16 PM

TheDish87
11-27-2018, 02:29 PM
Fultz to the Cavs can actually help him

dont see the fit with Sexton

ewing
11-27-2018, 03:06 PM
dont see the fit with Sexton

when you are trying to lose fit isn't the top priority

warfelg
11-27-2018, 03:09 PM

TheDish87
11-27-2018, 04:11 PM
Korver for Fultz/2nd I'm down if im Cleveland. Why not take a shot at the young kid. Change of location helps players all the time.

zero chance. thats well beyond selling low.

TheDish87
11-27-2018, 04:12 PM
when you are trying to lose fit isn't the top priority

dont i know

beasted86
11-27-2018, 04:31 PM
He's a bust. He's not good at anything at this point.

Even if you ignore shooting/scoring completely. Would you say Fultz is a top 75 player in:
Defense?
First step/athleticism?
Hops?
Handles?
Court vision?
Overall speed/quickness for size?
Rebounding for size?
Leadership?

The only reason there is any talk about him still is because the distraction his shooting has created and his draft position. Otherwise he is just a Josh Jackson caliber sophomore who fades to the background and nobody even remembers was a 4th overall player a year ago.

TheDish87
11-27-2018, 04:55 PM
hes plenty good/serviceable at a lot of other things. just not consistent. hasnt shown close to the high level talent we wanna see. If he could teach Simmons his pull up jumper that would be cool before he goes. **** is smooth.

beasted86
11-27-2018, 05:13 PM
hes plenty good/serviceable at a lot of other things. just not consistent. hasnt shown close to the high level talent we wanna see. If he could teach Simmons his pull up jumper that would be cool before he goes. **** is smooth.

He is serviceable, just as Josh Jackson is serviceable. My point was he's not elite at anything. He's Mudiay from a few years ago. He's solely potential, but no tangible high quality skill or strength he can use at this very moment to dominate.

It's not like he's young John Wall where you're thinking, wait till that guy gets a jumper. Or young Davis wait till he adds muscle. Or a young PG/Greek Freak, wait till they develop more of a handle. He is 100% potential and no defined skill. If you could be hypnotized to believe he was drafted 15th instead of 1st you'd get the idea that he shouldn't be looked at as in any way special at this point. Nothing stands out to make you believe he has potential to be a star.

ewing
11-27-2018, 05:43 PM
He is serviceable, just as Josh Jackson is serviceable. My point was he's not elite at anything. He's Mudiay from a few years ago. He's solely potential, but no tangible high quality skill or strength he can use at this very moment to dominate.

It's not like he's young John Wall where you're thinking, wait till that guy gets a jumper. Or young Davis wait till he adds muscle. Or a young PG/Greek Freak, wait till they develop more of a handle. He is 100% potential and no defined skill. If you could be hypnotized to believe he was drafted 15th instead of 1st you'd get the idea that he shouldn't be looked at as in any way special at this point. Nothing stands out to make you believe he has potential to be a star.

Plus he has fat kid features. You can tell there is a fat kid just trying to bust out of there

tredigs
11-27-2018, 06:22 PM

He has the yips and history is not in his favor in ever recovering from that. There is really no "selling low" on a guy I sadly don't expect to be in the NBA in 2 years.

tredigs
11-27-2018, 06:30 PM
Plus he has fat kid features. You can tell there is a fat kid just trying to bust out of there

Oh no the "where is he now?" in 8 years is going to be so sad lol. Luckily for him NBA salaries are guaranteed and he's cashing in about 17 million post tax. That's a LOT of Cheetos tho.

valade16
11-27-2018, 07:44 PM

Consider how far his trade value has fallen in 2 years. Do you really want to risk seeing how low it will be 2 years from now?

What would you currently trade for Anthony Bennett?

Tg11
11-27-2018, 07:50 PM
Markelle Fultz is not only the bust of the 2017 Draft but I personally guaran-damn-tee that Markelle will be out of the league within the next couple of years; he won't be in D League...he will just be straight out the league

ewing
11-27-2018, 08:05 PM
Oh no the "where is he now?" in 8 years is going to be so sad lol. Luckily for him NBA salaries are guaranteed and he's cashing in about 17 million post tax. That's a LOT of Cheetos tho.

Cheeto dust all over him, hanging around some play ground or AAU team, living vicariously through the kids, all the while they laugh behind his back. Hopefully he hangs on to some of his money

warfelg
11-27-2018, 08:06 PM
Cheeto dust all over him, hanging around some play ground or AAU team, living vicariously through the kids, all the while they laugh behind his back. Hopefully he hangs on to some of his money

Chic-Fil-A Sauce. If you are going to insult the kid at least use his actual vice.

ewing
11-27-2018, 08:09 PM
Chic-Fil-A Sauce. If you are going to insult the kid at least use his actual vice.

For real?

warfelg
11-27-2018, 08:10 PM
For real?

I thought this was well known that he loves Chic-Fil-A and was partially glad the Celtics didn't take him because Boston doesn't have Chic-Fil-A.

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017/6/24/15868082/nba-markelle-fultz-chick-fil-a-philadelphia-sixers

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/video/markelle-fultz-explains-his-chick-fil-obsession

ewing
11-27-2018, 09:12 PM
I thought this was well known that he loves Chic-Fil-A and was partially glad the Celtics didn't take him because Boston doesn't have Chic-Fil-A.

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017/6/24/15868082/nba-markelle-fultz-chick-fil-a-philadelphia-sixers

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/video/markelle-fultz-explains-his-chick-fil-obsession

Ha thatís funny. Heís fast so Iím sure he isnít fat but he does have a look where it seems he may have been fat once or struggled with weight

Tg11
11-27-2018, 09:16 PM
Markelle needs to put on more muscle and get into the gym

warfelg
11-27-2018, 09:23 PM
Ha thatís funny. Heís fast so Iím sure he isnít fat but he does have a look where it seems he may have been fat once or struggled with weight

I've seen a bunch of people have the chubby cheek look and thin out when they got into proper nutrition regiments. Likely should have happened by now but I've seen it.

Speeking someone that looks like they could be fat some day:
Dwayne Haskins III of OSU looks like he barely fits in his helmet.

Tg11
11-27-2018, 09:27 PM
Teams Markelle could use a fresh start on:

Cavs, Suns, Hornets, Hawks, Nets, Spurs, Bulls

Tg11
11-27-2018, 10:02 PM
To think Lonzo is actually better than Fultz now

More-Than-Most
11-27-2018, 10:11 PM
To think Lonzo is actually better than Fultz now

He actually had a full season to improve... Fun note he was worse last year than fultz this year offensively. Funny how 1 guy gets a full season plus just to be not horrible and the other is a bust.

One guy gets 72 games while the other gets 31. Seems legit.

Tg11
11-27-2018, 10:22 PM
It still wouldn't matter because Fultz is **** plain and simple

ewing
11-27-2018, 10:48 PM
He actually had a full season to improve... Fun note he was worse last year than fultz this year offensively. Funny how 1 guy gets a full season plus just to be not horrible and the other is a bust.

One guy gets 72 games while the other gets 31. Seems legit.

Maybe he turns it around but right now he sucks and he consistently makes a fool of himself. If Lonzo played bad and acted like his Dad Iím sure heíd get the same treatment.

More-Than-Most
11-27-2018, 10:59 PM
Maybe he turns it around but right now he sucks and he consistently makes a fool of himself. If Lonzo played bad and acted like his Dad Iím sure heíd get the same treatment.

Has fultz acted in any way that justifies the hate? You know who else sucked in their first year and were expected busts?

A guy named Anthony Davis who was expected to have trouble scoring in this league... How about Curry who nobody thought had the physical ability to defend and some thought he would be the next adam morrison... Lonzo and others get a full season plus and have been horrible in that first season and lonzo actually has a poor release and slow shot but because fultz was the first pick and not the 2nd he is a bust lol... Fultz has been bad but its been 31 games and quite frankly the dude is getting the hate because of the sixers and peoples hate for the process... Fultz has handles/length and he has proven he can pass/defense in this league and get to the rim like nobody else in only 31 games played and people wonder why he is a mental case.

Hell lets take a look at lavines first full season and compare his to fultz where he got 72 games and he didnt become a really good player until what year 5 but yes fultz is a bust and will never get better with 31 games played... I just love the hypocritical takes from 1 player to another and the ignorance of potential/skill sets and so on down the list... Fultz could very well be a bust no doubt but its amusing how players whom have been as bad or worse got a chance...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GAcA0F2qvw

You want a good watch... Watch this and see his shot evolution and how good it was up until around july of last year. The Dude def needs to get stronger mentally and down the line we will likely trade him but he will end up turning into a harden 1 day and it will be a regret the sixers will have for a very very long time.

More-Than-Most
11-27-2018, 11:01 PM
It still wouldn't matter because Fultz is **** plain and simple

you do realize lonzo had one of the worst first seasons right? You do realize Lavine who is now great had a season on par with what fultz had in under 31 games right? Damn it must suck not going by the information we have all around and just by an opinion led by hate because a dude has something that can never be fixed at the ripe old age of 20............

ewing
11-27-2018, 11:13 PM
Has fultz acted in any way that justifies the hate? You know who else sucked in their first year and were expected busts?

A guy named Anthony Davis who was expected to have trouble scoring in this league... How about Curry who nobody thought had the physical ability to defend and some thought he would be the next adam morrison... Lonzo and others get a full season plus and have been horrible in that first season and lonzo actually has a poor release and slow shot but because fultz was the first pick and not the 2nd he is a bust lol... Fultz has been bad but its been 31 games and quite frankly the dude is getting the hate because of the sixers and peoples hate for the process... Fultz has handles/length and he has proven he can pass/defense in this league and get to the rim like nobody else in only 31 games played and people wonder why he is a mental case.

Hell lets take a look at lavines first full season and compare his to fultz where he got 72 games and he didnt become a really good player until what year 5 but yes fultz is a bust and will never get better with 31 games played... I just love the hypocritical takes from 1 player to another and the ignorance of potential/skill sets and so on down the list... Fultz could very well be a bust no doubt but its amusing how players whom have been as bad or worse got a chance...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GAcA0F2qvw

You want a good watch... Watch this and see his shot evolution and how good it was up until around july of last year. The Dude def needs to get stronger mentally and down the line we will likely trade him but he will end up turning into a harden 1 day and it will be a regret the sixers will have for a very very long time.

He just shut himself down for an injury the team knew nothing about and is dealing with by seeing only his own doctors. The week before he juggled the ball before shooting a free throw. He is a *******. Also he shot 64% from the line in college he never was Mark Price

More-Than-Most
11-27-2018, 11:28 PM
He just shut himself down for an injury the team knew nothing about and is dealing with by seeing only his own doctors. The week before he juggled the ball before shooting a free throw. He is a *******. Also he shot 64% from the line in college he never was Mark Price

He didnt shut himself down the sixers shut him down for 3 weeks and kept him shut down... You blame him for shutting himself down when he didnt but you also are against him for being stupid if he played injured... This is exactly what I am talking about... Also no doubt him shooting 64 percent in collage from the line is bad and welp players that shoot badly from the line can never ever shoot better... Jason kidd who shot 65 percent in collage only went on to shoot 80-87 percent down the line for years... the horror. 20 years old lol... Like I said I love the ignorance for a 20 year old with 30 games under his belt... Hell I called Lonzo a bust before he played but stated he could be the best out of the draft because its all up in the air... I gave him a full season before calling him horrid and even he improved this year some.

ewing
11-27-2018, 11:49 PM
He didnt shut himself down the sixers shut him down for 3 weeks and kept him shut down... You blame him for shutting himself down when he didnt but you also are against him for being stupid if he played injured... This is exactly what I am talking about... Also no doubt him shooting 64 percent in collage from the line is bad and welp players that shoot badly from the line can never ever shoot better... Jason kidd who shot 65 percent in collage only went on to shoot 80-87 percent down the line for years... the horror. 20 years old lol... Like I said I love the ignorance for a 20 year old with 30 games under his belt... Hell I called Lonzo a bust before he played but stated he could be the best out of the draft because its all up in the air... I gave him a full season before calling him horrid and even he improved this year some.

Everything I read says he shut himself down this week to go see specialists and team was totally blind sided. Also I never said guys donít get better you acted like before he got ďthe yipsĒ he was some pure shooter. He wasnít. Heís a clown that has never gotten in front of his problems. Thatís why he is getting treated harshly.

More-Than-Most
11-28-2018, 12:04 AM
Everything I read says he shut himself down this week to go see specialists and team was totally blind sided. Also I never said guys donít get better you acted like before he got ďthe yipsĒ he was some pure shooter. He wasnít. Heís a clown that has never gotten in front of his problems. Thatís why he is getting treated harshly.

Oh I thought you meant last year. Yea he totally did shut himself down this time. He needs to fix the mental stuff but i stated all a long the sixers would be idiots to trade him and brown basically came out after the agent and brand came out saying how ******** it is with these sources and shut down the sixers trading him.

Tg11
11-28-2018, 12:05 AM
Yeah because he still hasn't been able to make the transition to NBA ball...yeah in college he had so much promise and then his injury derailed that but even after his injury and into his 2nd year he still has no promise

ewing
11-28-2018, 12:07 AM
Oh I thought you meant last year. Yea he totally did shut himself down this time. He needs to fix the mental stuff but i stated all a long the sixers would be idiots to trade him and brown basically came out after the agent and brand came out saying how ******** it is with these sources and shut down the sixers trading him.

I donít think they should trade him either. He should go to the G league.

More-Than-Most
11-28-2018, 12:07 AM
Yeah because he still hasn't been able to make the transition to NBA ball...yeah in college he had so much promise and then his injury derailed that but even after his injury and into his 2nd year he still has no promise

Ball handles/drive ability/finish at the rim are all big pluses... His defense was coming along fine but his shot and confidence in his shot was the issue... Your hate is showing. I can show you a list of 900 other players that showed no real promise their first year and had way more than a whole 31 games to progress... Remember when everyone was so down on lavine? I can show you the threads LULZ.

Tg11
11-28-2018, 05:00 AM
I donít think they should trade him either. He should go to the G league.

Like the G League will help him either...it won't because if anythin it will make him even worse...he's ****

TheDish87
11-28-2018, 09:51 AM
Consider how far his trade value has fallen in 2 years. Do you really want to risk seeing how low it will be 2 years from now?

Korver costs a future, protected 2nd at most. Fultz might be in trouble but there is no reason for Brand to deal him for someone like Korver. Better off waiting it out.

Tg11
11-28-2018, 10:07 AM
Korver costs a future, protected 2nd at most. Fultz might be in trouble but there is no reason for Brand to deal him for someone like Korver. Better off waiting it out.

Waiting for Markelle to become a star is like waiting for pigs to fly...it ain't ever gon happen

warfelg
11-28-2018, 10:10 AM
We get the point you think Fultz is a bust. No need to have every 5th comment being you saying that.

prodigy
11-28-2018, 10:12 AM

Not sure what you think Fultz is worth LMAO!! He is injury prone and when healthy has the most weird shooting motions that make him a below avg player. Korver is a proven shooter that many teams want and have been calling Cleveland for. He will help someone big time this season and post season.

prodigy
11-28-2018, 10:14 AM
We get the point you think Fultz is a bust. No need to have every 5th comment being you saying that.

What do you think Fultz is worth right now?

IndyRealist
11-28-2018, 10:21 AM

*Cough* Lavar *cough*

Tg11
11-28-2018, 10:22 AM

Plus if he wasn't forced into changing his shot or his overall stance then who knows what kind of player he would be if the freak injuries didn't occur but I do know that he needs to be gone especially if the Sixers want to be more of a threat; get rid of Markelle and make another move to acquire someone...anyone else

More-Than-Most
11-28-2018, 10:23 AM

Nothing.. THAT IS WHY YOU DONT MAKE THE TRADE. We dont need korver and anyone that thinks he is worth more than a 2nd is just sad. He is a 3 point shooter that doesnt defend. Fultz on potentail alone is worth more than a 3 point shooter who is in his mid 30s that will play 14 minutes a night here and cant defend.

Tg11
11-28-2018, 10:25 AM
Nothing.. THAT IS WHY YOU DONT MAKE THE TRADE. We dont need korver and anyone that thinks he is worth more than a 2nd is just sad. He is a 3 point shooter that doesnt defend. Fultz on potentail alone is worth more than a 3 point shooter who is in his mid 30s that will play 14 minutes a night here and cant defend.

Even so Korver gives you 3 point shooting which is what the Sixers need more

prodigy
11-28-2018, 10:28 AM

Thats why you have 4 other players out there. Korver is a great 3pt shooter who stretches the floor for everyone. I just watched him single handly bring the cavs back into a game vs the Wolves. Yes he's older but will no question benefit a playoff team big time. Also very clutch. I do agree with you they should not trade Fultz. because you won't get anything near what his potential was. but if he shows no improvement yall be lucky to get korver.

Vinylman
11-28-2018, 10:29 AM

Haha Ö well said

warfelg
11-28-2018, 10:33 AM

A late first if we're lucky. I said early on exploring a trade for him right now when the results of this latest doctors visits aren't known is stupid. Right now there's no value for a guy with a huge mystery around him and no answers as to why this is happening.

We need to get some answers first then explore value.

warfelg
11-28-2018, 10:34 AM
Thats why you have 4 other players out there. Korver is a great 3pt shooter who stretches the floor for everyone. I just watched him single handly bring the cavs back into a game vs the Wolves. Yes he's older but will no question benefit a playoff team big time. Also very clutch. I do agree with you they should not trade Fultz. because you won't get anything near what his potential was. but if he shows no improvement yall be lucky to get korver.

I've been on the angle with guys like him, we've used 14 of the 15 roster spots. No need to push for a deal right this minute. Wait, see if anyone gets bought out, and be on the market there.

More-Than-Most
11-28-2018, 10:39 AM
Even so Korver gives you 3 point shooting which is what the Sixers need more

no we need defense... our shooting right now isnt the issue ITS DEFENSE... We are giving up a sad amount of points.

http://www2.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/sixers-defense-defensive-rating-joel-embiid-kemba-walker-jimmy-butler-ben-simmons-brett-brown-nba-20181128.html

We are getting torched but yes please lets add a 3 and non D guy like the cavs did that further tanked their defense.

More-Than-Most
11-28-2018, 10:40 AM
This isnt against anyone but wtf is the love for guys like rose/melo/korver etc... my god.

Rivera
11-28-2018, 10:44 AM
This isnt against anyone but wtf is the love for guys like rose/melo/korver etc... my god.

well at least rose resurrected himself (as long as we are talking Derrick Rose :laugh2: )

Some think Philly needs a strech 4 (I dont) they see Melos name and remember who he used to be

Korver is a great fit off the bench for you guys, I agree with everyone on that. But I also agree with other sixer fans (not you, never agreeing with you, screw you :laugh2:) that Fultz for Korver is just high way robbery. Not that Fultz has any value and that might be his current value at this point. But at that price, I would just keep the potential of Fultz and let him completley unravel or get it together than trading him for Korver

More-Than-Most
11-28-2018, 10:47 AM
well at least rose resurrected himself (as long as we are talking Derrick Rose :laugh2: )

Some think Philly needs a strech 4 (I dont) they see Melos name and remember who he used to be

Korver is a great fit off the bench for you guys, I agree with everyone on that. But I also agree with other sixer fans (not you, never agreeing with you, screw you :laugh2:) that Fultz for Korver is just high way robbery. Not that Fultz has any value and that might be his current value at this point. But at that price, I would just keep the potential of Fultz and let him completley unravel or get it together than trading him for Korver

korver is one of my fav players ever on the sixers but the second he was traded to the cavs I screamed from the rooftops how stupid of a move it was because him and love on the court together would be awful and it was so very bad.... Our guards right now legit cant defend... Simmons/Fultz/Embiid right now are our only positive defenders and they really havent even been anything special on defense... Add a black hole like korver would put us on a lakier defensive level but without the offensive output of the lakers. It would get bad lol

JJ is killing us right now with his horrific defense... Korver is a million times worse

warfelg
11-28-2018, 10:49 AM

Agreed

Yup. And if we need a stretch 4 it's off the bench. I think we need a guy that can play the '1' in terms of defensively and be a shooter on offense.

But like I said a little further up, there's a long list of buyout candidates this year that can give you the same things that you could get from Korver. I think that we're better off waiting and seeing what shakes free or if some team gets desperate enough to just give away one of these guys.

IndyRealist
11-28-2018, 10:52 AM

Melo does not belong in that group. Rose is ballin and Korver has an elite NBA skill you can gameplan around. I wouldn't give either of them a 3yr contract but to say they are as bad as Melo is ridiculous.

More-Than-Most
11-28-2018, 10:58 AM
Melo does not belong in that group. Rose is ballin and Korver has an elite NBA skill you can gameplan around. I wouldn't give either of them a 3yr contract but to say they are as bad as Melo is ridiculous.

DRose is def playing amazing right now but its 19 games... i was making a point of no defense big names... none of these players are actually good and none of them help the sixers because none of them defend. Rose will fall off a cliff soon enough... Korver gives you a whole 6ppg on a sick shooting percentage... he helps space the floor but you basically play 4 vs 5 on the other end.

I have no issues bringing in korver if our defense gets better before we make that trade for a 2nd at best but like war said... there is 0 need to rush and there will be plenty of guys we can get on the market.

IndyRealist
11-28-2018, 11:04 AM
DRose is def playing amazing right now but its 19 games... i was making a point of no defense big names... none of these players are actually good and none of them help the sixers because none of them defend. Rose will fall off a cliff soon enough... Korver gives you a whole 6ppg on a sick shooting percentage... he helps space the floor but you basically play 4 vs 5 on the other end.

I have no issues bringing in korver if our defense gets better before we make that trade for a 2nd at best but like war said... there is 0 need to rush and there will be plenty of guys we can get on the market.

There's "not good" and then there's "Melo" bad. All I'm saying.

MygirlhatesCod
11-28-2018, 11:58 AM
Fultz, J.J. and 2 firsts to Boston for Kyrie and 2 seconds. or boston has the right to swap that second 1st.

TheDish87
11-28-2018, 12:05 PM
Fultz, J.J. and 2 firsts to Boston for Kyrie and 2 seconds. or boston has the right to swap that second 1st.

jesus, no.

MygirlhatesCod
11-28-2018, 12:08 PM
jesus, no.

what part don't you like?

TheDish87
11-28-2018, 12:11 PM
i dont like any of it

MygirlhatesCod
11-28-2018, 12:16 PM
i dont like any of it

it works well for philly. A irving/ben/butler/joel lineup is legit. and Boston gets to keep getting the better of Philly in the long run.

sounds good to me.

prodigy
11-28-2018, 12:21 PM
korver is one of my fav players ever on the sixers but the second he was traded to the cavs I screamed from the rooftops how stupid of a move it was because him and love on the court together would be awful and it was so very bad.... Our guards right now legit cant defend... Simmons/Fultz/Embiid right now are our only positive defenders and they really havent even been anything special on defense... Add a black hole like korver would put us on a lakier defensive level but without the offensive output of the lakers. It would get bad lol

JJ is killing us right now with his horrific defense... Korver is a million times worse

Korver's defense didn't cost the cavs anything. His offense helped us in more games then his defense hurt us. A guy like Korver is someone would could make Embiid and Simmons even better. Because defenders cannot leave him for a second. Korver may still have the quickest release in basketball. Minus Curry who just plays hot potato and it goes in. Korver is a solid team defender. He always has been. But defense isn't his game anyways. He will come off the bench and splash 3's for you. You can protect him on defense when needed. Sixers need Simmons, Embiid and Butler to step up on defense, thats where ur improvement will come. Not bench guys.

I guess this isn't just talks anymore. apparently the Cavs and sixers are discussing this.

You also gotta look at this from the cavs side or any team that trades for Fultz. he's a high risk player. Could be a high reward but even if he settles down im not sure he's a franchise guy anymore. Good chance he never comes back from this. Korver will net the cavs a late first/2nd/another youngish guy who a team doesn't wanna wait on etc... any of those could very well help them rebuild quicker.

prodigy
11-28-2018, 12:22 PM
what part don't you like?

The part where Celtics laugh at you. I wouldn't like that

prodigy
11-28-2018, 12:27 PM
But like I said a little further up, there's a long list of buyout candidates this year that can give you the same things that you could get from Korver. I think that we're better off waiting and seeing what shakes free or if some team gets desperate enough to just give away one of these guys.

I can't wait to see who you think is a better shooter then korver from buyout list.

warfelg
11-28-2018, 12:36 PM
I can't wait to see who you think is a better shooter then korver from buyout list.

Thereís more to basketball than just shooting.

MygirlhatesCod
11-28-2018, 12:46 PM
The part where Celtics laugh at you. I wouldn't like that

2 firsts with fultz and jj would be more than fair.

with Irving gone Maybe the Celtics young guys actually show up again.

Rivera
11-28-2018, 12:49 PM
2 firsts with fultz and jj would be more than fair.

with Irving gone Maybe the Celtics young guys actually show up again.

lol if you think the Celts would trade Kyrie for a bag of chips

your getting 1 player that can help the Cs win now (JJ) your getting a complete dumpster fire that you have to repair (Fultz) and 2 first that will probably be protected for a star type PG (i know this board is very split on Kyrie)

that really is laughable, Kyrie is worth more than that

benzni
11-28-2018, 12:55 PM
he should go to the G league and learn the basic fundamentals of shooting

Tg11
11-28-2018, 12:59 PM
he should go to the G league and learn the basic fundamentals of shooting

HAHA LMAOOOOO I know right

TheDish87
11-28-2018, 01:20 PM
it works well for philly. A irving/ben/butler/joel lineup is legit. and Boston gets to keep getting the better of Philly in the long run.

sounds good to me.

no it doesnt. Irving doesnt fit here. Hes not worth the max he will get and has too much of a an injury history to be relied on. Not sure why Boston would do this either. They have enough picks as it is.

MygirlhatesCod
11-28-2018, 02:15 PM
no it doesnt. Irving doesnt fit here. Hes not worth the max he will get and has too much of a an injury history to be relied on. Not sure why Boston would do this either. They have enough picks as it is.

that alone makes him fit right in

TheDish87
11-28-2018, 02:27 PM
cool bro

smith&wesson
11-28-2018, 03:47 PM
I guess the 76ers finally figured out Fultz is a bust and wants to trade him. To bad they donít realize the rest of the league knows that heís a bust as well.

TheDish87
11-28-2018, 05:12 PM
actually waiting to find out if he is really injured or not. My money its something really minor at best. I almost hope its more for his own sake.

R. Johnson#3
11-28-2018, 05:42 PM
Fultz for Korver and a protected pick isn't fair. Right now Fultz is broken maybe both physically and mentally but he's still young. The potential still gives him value. Unfortunately for the Sixers they have no leverage and they could really use a player like Korver. Cleveland can easily move Korver to a handful of teams so that's also working against the Sixers. This trade could actually happen if the Sixers really think they have a shot.

TheDish87
11-28-2018, 05:45 PM
Korver is gonna fetch a fake first from a team, might get lucky and get a lotto protected first a few years from now. Cavs offered Korver and a protected pick for Fultz apparently.

IndyRealist
11-28-2018, 09:02 PM

So this was wrong.

More-Than-Most
11-28-2018, 09:21 PM
So this was wrong.

2 2nds and burke isnt much better lolololol... Yet people thought he deserved fultz :laugh:

IndyRealist
11-28-2018, 09:28 PM
2 2nds and burke isnt much better lolololol... Yet people thought he deserved fultz :laugh:

Actually the picks are more than 2x better, and Burke is expiring. That was a vast miscalculation of Korver's value.

valade16
11-28-2018, 09:29 PM

In two years Burke and 2 2nds will be as valuable as it is today, will Fultz be?

More-Than-Most
11-28-2018, 09:32 PM
In two years Burke and 2 2nds will be as valuable as it is today, will Fultz be?

You are better then this logic... by default the risk/reward isnt even a discussion... 2 seconds and burke is trash.

More-Than-Most
11-28-2018, 09:34 PM
if we wanted korver as much as people thought we did we would and could have offered a first this year and several 2nds... thank god EB isnt a complete idiot.

QBAwayBroncos
11-28-2018, 11:15 PM

What the hell are you talking about? The sixers are indeed a great defensive team.... It's just the beginning of the regular season so nobody is going that hard on defense. When we need stops we clearly turn the switch on, and come playoff time the switch will remain ON.

QBAwayBroncos
11-28-2018, 11:18 PM
Korver's defense didn't cost the cavs anything. His offense helped us in more games then his defense hurt us. A guy like Korver is someone would could make Embiid and Simmons even better. Because defenders cannot leave him for a second. Korver may still have the quickest release in basketball. Minus Curry who just plays hot potato and it goes in. Korver is a solid team defender. He always has been. But defense isn't his game anyways. He will come off the bench and splash 3's for you. You can protect him on defense when needed. Sixers need Simmons, Embiid and Butler to step up on defense, thats where ur improvement will come. Not bench guys.

I guess this isn't just talks anymore. apparently the Cavs and sixers are discussing this.

You also gotta look at this from the cavs side or any team that trades for Fultz. he's a high risk player. Could be a high reward but even if he settles down im not sure he's a franchise guy anymore. Good chance he never comes back from this. Korver will net the cavs a late first/2nd/another youngish guy who a team doesn't wanna wait on etc... any of those could very well help them rebuild quicker.

SMH korver would play like ten minutes a game. And give up 25 points in those ten minutes. The sixers have 3 knock down shooters in JJ shamet and muscala. There's no need for a korver. I'm glad we didn't trade for him smh

QBAwayBroncos
11-28-2018, 11:20 PM

In 2 years fultz will be averaging 20ppg off the bench for the sixers. Definitely not trading him....... Let alone trading him for junk

QBAwayBroncos
11-28-2018, 11:22 PM
if we wanted korver as much as people thought we did we would and could have offered a first this year and several 2nds... thank god EB isnt a complete idiot.
Agreed, I'll take shamet and korkmaz getting those minutes over korver any day of the week. As we keep seeing JJ shamet muscala korkmaz are all great shooters and they actually hustle on defense. People keep talking this sixers need shooters non sense aren't watching the games lol. JJ shamet korkmaz muscala have all been knocking down shots since saric and Covington left and there roles increased.

More-Than-Most
11-29-2018, 12:04 AM
What the hell are you talking about? The sixers are indeed a great defensive team.... It's just the beginning of the regular season so nobody is going that hard on defense. When we need stops we clearly turn the switch on, and come playoff time the switch will remain ON.

the flipping of the switch how adorable.... Did the switch remain on against Boston? Right now we are not a good defensive team to say the least. Every stat in the world backs that up. We arent horrible but right now we are basically a mediocre team when you factor in offense and defense net rating. It hasnt been good. We are still 15-8 but it hasnt been good by any means.

More-Than-Most
11-29-2018, 12:05 AM
Agreed, I'll take shamet and korkmaz getting those minutes over korver any day of the week. As we keep seeing JJ shamet muscala korkmaz are all great shooters and they actually hustle on defense. People keep talking this sixers need shooters non sense aren't watching the games lol. JJ shamet korkmaz muscala have all been knocking down shots since saric and Covington left and there roles increased.

yup... people act like we need shooters and we do need 1 more guy but we shouldnt sacrifice defense for it because we have shamet/muscala/redick who can all drain shots daily.

Tg11
11-29-2018, 09:33 AM
In 2 years fultz will be averaging 20ppg off the bench for the sixers. Definitely not trading him....... Let alone trading him for junk

HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAA I'm sorry I just needed a good laugh LMAOOOOO HAAAAAAAAAAAA there ain't no way Markelle averages 20 PPG or more for the Sixers...just no way in hell he needs to go like yesterday

warfelg
11-29-2018, 09:46 AM
HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAA I'm sorry I just needed a good laugh LMAOOOOO HAAAAAAAAAAAA there ain't no way Markelle averages 20 PPG or more for the Sixers...just no way in hell he needs to go like yesterday

So let me get this right:
You are allowed to have the opinion that heís a bust and plaster it everywhere, but when someone has the opinion that things get right for him itís a joke?

TheDish87
11-29-2018, 10:18 AM
So this was wrong.

i mean its hardly a difference.

Vinylman
11-29-2018, 10:32 AM
Actually the picks are more than 2x better, and Burke is expiring. That was a vast miscalculation of Korver's value.

yes and no... Utah had to overpay because there was no way they are getting him in the buyout market. real contenders probably only do salary match and a second. Those who buy early always overpay tbh.

Tg11
11-29-2018, 10:40 AM
So let me get this right:
You are allowed to have the opinion that heís a bust and plaster it everywhere, but when someone has the opinion that things get right for him itís a joke?

Yeah it is because of the fact that throughout everything nothing has worked for him so why still have any belief in the kid?

warfelg
11-29-2018, 10:51 AM
Yeah it is because of the fact that throughout everything nothing has worked for him so why still have any belief in the kid?

Even without shooting he still managed to have impacts on the game. He's not Bennett level of a bust to where he's going to be out of the league. IMO he's more Exum/Barnes level bust to where he's just not going to live up to the draft position without a super reliable shot. In the end he's still an extremely athletic 6'4" PG with good passing skills, good-great defense, with the ability to beat people off the dribble.

ewing
11-29-2018, 10:54 AM
Even without shooting he still managed to have impacts on the game. He's not Bennett level of a bust to where he's going to be out of the league. IMO he's more Exum/Barnes level bust to where he's just not going to live up to the draft position without a super reliable shot. In the end he's still an extremely athletic 6'4" PG with good passing skills, good-great defense, with the ability to beat people off the dribble.

That will find him a nice job in Europe. 6'4 PGs need to be able to score outside the paint.

Tg11
11-29-2018, 10:57 AM

Okay and they have worked with him when it comes to havin a good shot/shot form for how long and he still can't shoot? Can he pass the rock? Yeah sure he can but really so can a lot of PGs in this league and a lot of them are defensive minded too and so is Fultz but has any of that transitioned into him having any big games where he has filled up any stat sheet? Has he put up a double double or even a triple double? Yeah he has speed I will give him that but then so do a lot of PGs who play the 1 in this league. He had potential but he has more or less disappointed which is why whatever faith I ever had in him died after last season.

warfelg
11-29-2018, 10:59 AM
Okay and they have worked with him when it comes to havin a good shot/shot form for how long and he still can't shoot? Can he pass the rock? Yeah sure he can but really so can a lot of PGs in this league and a lot of them are defensive minded too and so is Fultz but has any of that transitioned into him having any big games where he has filled up any stat sheet? Has he put up a double double or even a triple double? Yeah he has speed I will give him that but then so do a lot of PGs who play the 1 in this league. He had potential but he has more or less disappointed which is why whatever faith I ever had in him died after last season.

He's had a trip-doub and has had 2 other games where he has come really close.

It's funny to me when the line of filling up the stat sheet is a good thing and when it's a bad thing.

Tg11
11-29-2018, 11:05 AM
He's had a trip-doub and has had 2 other games where he has come really close.

It's funny to me when the line of filling up the stat sheet is a good thing and when it's a bad thing.

Okay but what has he done lately is what matters to most if not all not just here on this board but also in Philadelphia within their organization and the front office is gonna give up on this kid. It's only a matter of time but really Markelle brought it on himself and to think he was supposed to be better than all the rest in his Draft class but apparently not. Hell, your guys' organization/FO prolly already regret drafting him.

TheDish87
11-29-2018, 11:06 AM
im pretty much over Fultz but hes not gonna be out of the league anytime soon unless he has a real serious mental breakdown (doesnt seem out of the question right now) but since when do triple and double doubles mean anything? are you gonna tell me Whiteside, Drummound, and Jordan are studs bcuz they have a lot of double doubles?

warfelg
11-29-2018, 11:07 AM
He still did those things lately. Letís wait for more of this (admiringly very strange) story before burying him.

Tg11
11-29-2018, 11:13 AM
He still did those things lately. Letís wait for more of this (admiringly very strange) story before burying him.

We have buried him because this story more or less is true so what difference does it make waiting on confirmation?

ewing
11-29-2018, 11:21 AM

Let's be honest. Right now he isn't playing b/c he can't shoot. Right now Tj Mcconnell is clearly a better basketball player. If he doesn't get better at some point people will stop betting on potential. At that point is someone that is a guy that is clearly worse then TJ Mcconnell a lock for the NBA? I don't think so.

Tg11
11-29-2018, 11:23 AM
Let's be honest. Right now he isn't playing b/c he can't shoot. Right now Tj Mcconnell is clearly a better basketball player. If he doesn't get better at some point people will stop betting on potential. At that point is someone that is a guy that is clearly worse then TJ Mcconnell a lock for the NBA? I don't think so.

This

warfelg
11-29-2018, 11:23 AM
We have buried him because this story more or less is true so what difference does it make waiting on confirmation?

The story isnít ďmore or less trueĒ because we donít know what the story is.

And what if it was a small injury that the team forced him to play through and it became worse? Or it was something bigger and the team didnít want him to get surgery for it?

Still going to bury him the same way?

warfelg
11-29-2018, 11:24 AM

Potential has kept a lot of guys in the NBA for 6-7-8 years. Heck you guys got one of them on Noah Vonleh.

ewing
11-29-2018, 11:28 AM
Potential has kept a lot of guys in the NBA for 6-7-8 years. Heck you guys got one of them on Noah Vonleh.

He's also hanging on by a thread. Dude is on a one year making 1.6 million.

warfelg
11-29-2018, 11:32 AM
He's also hanging on by a thread. Dude is on a one year making 1.6 million.

And some team will give Markelle the same chance even if it is ďhanging on be a threadĒ.

warfelg
11-29-2018, 11:39 AM
Kinda funny that I tune into NBA Radio on XM and they are talking about this right now. The one I didnít think of they used was Jeff Green and how potential kept him around so long. They said in the case of highly drafted guys that there will always be the ďwe have the right systemĒ attitude towards bringing in players like this. Does it mean he flourishes and becomes a star? No. But it keeps guys in the NBA for a good amount of time.

Rivera
11-29-2018, 11:47 AM
Kinda funny that I tune into NBA Radio on XM and they are talking about this right now. The one I didnít think of they used was Jeff Green and how potential kept him around so long. They said in the case of highly drafted guys that there will always be the ďwe have the right systemĒ attitude towards bringing in players like this. Does it mean he flourishes and becomes a star? No. But it keeps guys in the NBA for a good amount of time.

yup, GMs love the word Potential. And he was a #1 pick so he will always have "potential"

just to add to this point

Olowokandi played 10 years in the NBA
Kwame Brown played 13 years in the NBA
greg oden was out of the NBA 3 years and the Heat tried him out for a season granted it only lasted 23 games but the potential of Oden was to enticing

the P word gets GMs fired, but because he was a former #1 overall pick who was a dynamic scorer in college, he will continue to get chances in the NBA because GMs/Coaches think they can fix him in their system and the P word does keep NBA players around

ewing
11-29-2018, 11:48 AM
And some team will give Markelle the same chance even if it is ďhanging on be a threadĒ.

Maybe, maybe not. regardless, I was just pointing the importance of him improving his shot in connection with him being a useful NBA player. Its not like he is good right now but not an all star. He's not good right now and its b/c he can't shoot

Rivera
11-29-2018, 11:52 AM
Maybe, maybe not. regardless, I was just pointing the importance of him improving his shot in connection with him being a useful NBA player. Its not like he is good right now but not an all star. He's not good right now and its b/c he can't shoot

bro this is the most confusing player i have ever watched. dudes confidence at times looks shot, i have no idea whats up with his jumper

when he has these small bursts of confidence, you can see how quick he is, how active he is on D, his ability to get to the rim and create, and his pull up J (even with the broken J problems) is pretty smooth, its the only time he doesnt have the hitch. But if hes doing a set shot, he has that weird hitch/weird looking shot thats terrible

If he ever got right even a little bit, he could be a 10-15 min disruptor on defense and try to lift the 76ers if they arent rolling by his change of pace

right now dudes broken, and im done giving him any excuse hes got to get right. but i cant lie, ive seen small flashes of what i wrote above

ewing
11-29-2018, 11:53 AM
yup, GMs love the word Potential. And he was a #1 pick so he will always have "potential"

greg oden was out of the NBA 3 years and the Heat tried him out for a season granted it only lasted 23 games but the potential of Oden was to enticing

the P word gets GMs fired, but because he was a former #1 overall pick who was a dynamic scorer in college, he will continue to get chances in the NBA because GMs/Coaches think they can fix him in their system and the P word does keep NBA players around

Candi man and Kwame Brown helped their teams. Jeff Green was damn good on Boston. People weren't paying Kwame Brown 10 years in hoping he'd suddenly live up to his draft position. Right now potential is enough but at some point you have to be able to help your team win

warfelg
11-29-2018, 12:00 PM

Yea. And Iím not on this big ďdonít worry heíll still be a starĒ thing. Iím just against the notion that he will be out of the league in 2 years because of shooting when he brings so many other things to the table.

And like I asked someone else. What if it turns out the Sixers messed up and forced him to play.

Rivera
11-29-2018, 12:00 PM
Candi man and Kwame Brown helped their teams. Jeff Green was damn good on Boston. People weren't paying Kwame Brown 10 years in hoping he'd suddenly live up to his draft position. Right now potential is enough but at some point you have to be able to help your team win

They did??

Olowokandi helped the Clipps TWolves and Cs?

Kwame had like 1 decent season with the Lakers, but he wasnt helping anyone other being a big off the bench

Fultz may end up having the same roles as these guys , 10-20 min off the bench to be an active defender

warfelg
11-29-2018, 12:02 PM
They did??

Kwame had like 1 decent season with the Lakers, but he wasnt helping anyone other being a big off the bench

Fultz may end up having the same roles as these guys , 10-20 min off the bench to be an active defender

Kwame stole $35mil from the Sixers because of the coach that drafted him in Doug Collins.

TheDish87
11-29-2018, 12:02 PM
MCW is still in the league, like come on. Fultz will be around for a bit.

ewing
11-29-2018, 12:06 PM
They did??

Candi was a huge space eater and an offensive threat. I think he helped people. Kwame like you said was a useful bench big. In that era being big and strong was a huge asset. Right now, I don't think Fultz is good enough to be a useful bench player. Without improving he'd have to be Marcus Smart active

Rivera
11-29-2018, 12:13 PM
Candi was a huge space eater and an offensive threat. I think he helped people. Kwame like you said was a useful bench big. In that era being big and strong was a huge asset. Right now, I don't think Fultz is good enough to be a useful bench player. Without improving he'd have to be Marcus Smart active

thats what I said he could be. I have a feeling ive watched Fultz play more than you, and he does this now. Hes not an all world defender, but Fultz was an improving, active defender and if thats ever hes going to be , he can help any team for 10-15 min a game like the other busts we mentioned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjoZbIYfenE

This year just over a week ago v the Heat. Active, smart defender, longer arms than I even realized he had at first, and he will only get smarter on defense as he matures and learns more

warfelg
11-29-2018, 12:14 PM
thats what I said he could be. I have a feeling ive watched Fultz play more than you, and he does this now. Hes not an all world defender, but Fultz was an improving, active defender and if thats ever hes going to be , he can help any team for 10-15 min a game like the other busts we mentioned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjoZbIYfenE

This year just over a week ago v the Heat. Active, smart defender, longer arms than I even realized he had at first, and he will only get smarter on defense as he matures and learns more

Heís got close to a 6í10Ē wingspan from what Iíve heard.

prodigy
11-29-2018, 12:21 PM
Thereís more to basketball than just shooting.

tell that to the NBA lol. I wish there was. but its mostly just shooting.

prodigy
11-29-2018, 12:24 PM

right now Burks is better then Fultz lol. Well i might be better right now then Fultz. Cavs got 2 picks they can use in trade packages and Burks who is a docent rotation guy coming off the books end of year.

good trade for both teams.

MygirlhatesCod
11-29-2018, 12:32 PM
Yea. And Iím not on this big ďdonít worry heíll still be a starĒ thing. Iím just against the notion that he will be out of the league in 2 years because of shooting when he brings so many other things to the table.

And like I asked someone else. What if it turns out the Sixers messed up and forced him to play.

if Roberson can still be a starter then Fultz has more than hope.

Cracka2HI!
11-29-2018, 11:33 PM
I think Fultz has become an example of when people take things like saying someone can't play too far. Is Fultz really THAT BAD? His numbers aren't. Are they good? No, but he's 20 years old and he does put up SOME numbers. Hell my Clippers are 1st in the West and he has a higher PER than our starting SG(by a lot) and a couple of our rotation players. We are sure doing well having 3 rotation players that "can't play". There is definitely something wrong with the kid but who knows what it is? His main problem could be being 20 years old. Maybe he's scared out there. Philly ain't an easy place to play, to say he won't make it there might be already be fair. I'd bet on him doing well with a change of scenery. Phoenix makes a lot of sense. I think there is no chance Philly would have traded him for Korver. Fultz still has a lot more trade value than that.

Also, I don't think it's at all fair to compare Fultz to the Kandi-man. He's already putting up better numbers this year than Kandi did at any point of his career.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-30-2018, 08:32 AM

Tg11
11-30-2018, 08:47 AM

Then good...he should go there because maybe he can actually go get better over there but I doubt it

Alayla
11-30-2018, 09:18 AM
I think Fultz has become an example of when people take things like saying someone can't play too far. Is Fultz really THAT BAD? His numbers aren't. Are they good? No, but he's 20 years old and he does put up SOME numbers. Hell my Clippers are 1st in the West and he has a higher PER than our starting SG(by a lot) and a couple of our rotation players. We are sure doing well having 3 rotation players that "can't play". There is definitely something wrong with the kid but who knows what it is? His main problem could be being 20 years old. Maybe he's scared out there. Philly ain't an easy place to play, to say he won't make it there might be already be fair. I'd bet on him doing well with a change of scenery. Phoenix makes a lot of sense. I think there is no chance Philly would have traded him for Korver. Fultz still has a lot more trade value than that.

Also, I don't think it's at all fair to compare Fultz to the Kandi-man. He's already putting up better numbers this year than Kandi did at any point of his career.

He's showing signs of some nice defense and also i know it sounds small and cherry picky but he's really good at box outs for his postion i always notice him standing in the right places. it's not like he's out there doing much different than TJ who many people love and his stats really don't look alot worse than Lonzo Ball so imho people are going way overboard on the poor kid.

ewing
11-30-2018, 09:41 AM
He's showing signs of some nice defense and also i know it sounds small and cherry picky but he's really good at box outs for his postion i always notice him standing in the right places. it's not like he's out there doing much different than TJ who many people love and his stats really don't look alot worse than Lonzo Ball so imho people are going way overboard on the poor kid.

No one is going over board except the people bending over backwards to fine positives. If you are making your point with "he boxes out", " he shoots a better % them Marcus Smart", and he has a higher "PER then Shai Gilgeous-Alexander" you lost. He not good right now and he has made a spectacle of himself so he is getting treated harshly

More-Than-Most
11-30-2018, 09:44 AM
No one is going over board except the people bending over backwards to fine positives. If you are making your point with "he boxes out", " he shoot a better % them Marcus Smart", and he has a higher "PER then Shai Gilgeous-Alexander" you lost. He not good right now and he has made a spectacle of himself so he is getting treated harshly

except as bad as his shot is he is better than other guys who are young with potential that arent getting anywhere near the hate or any hate at all... see the celtics/clippers players/backup pgs etc or that dude from the knicks who is probably the worst pg in basketball... He isnt good right now but he better than most of those other guys including knox and so on down the list... but because this dude sat out to see what is wrong he is the worst dude ever. Lulz

Vinylman
11-30-2018, 09:47 AM
The Hate is all based on him going #1 and more importantly that the Sixers traded up to get him.

People need to settle down.

More-Than-Most
11-30-2018, 09:47 AM

pretty much spot on.

More-Than-Most
11-30-2018, 09:48 AM
The Hate is all based on him going #1 and more importantly that the Sixers traded up to get him.

other number 1s didnt get nearly this much hate without playing a full season... the hate is coming because he is a sixer and that is a shame... sixers are hated because of the tank and rightfully so but this kid is getting the ****** end of it and hasnt even had a full season to see what he can do.

ewing
11-30-2018, 09:57 AM
other number 1s didnt get nearly this much hate without playing a full season... the hate is coming because he is a sixer and that is a shame... sixers are hated because of the tank and rightfully so but this kid is getting the ****** end of it and hasnt even had a full season to see what he can do.

WAHHHHHHHH! Do you see a group of Knick fans going "no Kevin Knox is playing well. He has a better PER then Shai Gilgeous-Alexander!" He's hated b/c of you!!!!!!!!!!!

warfelg
11-30-2018, 10:10 AM

Agreed. I also think some of the hate is perpetrated by twitter and the fact that itís easy to make fun of the shooting woes in 280 characters but to explain what he does well takes far more than 280 characters.

There was an interesting article by Kyle Neubak (Sixers fans should know his work and know heís really good) about how the real difference between TJ and Fultz right now is draft position and athleticism. Now one blinks at TJ being the backup because itís considered over achieving. TJ is also a dreadful 3 pt shooter. TJs 2+ dribble pull up percent is not much better than Fultzs, and Fultzs finishing rate is far better. That leaves out defense where the starting complement to TJ is that he gives effort.

He highlighted with two plays:
In both plays Simmons drove, collapsed the defense, and kicked out to a wide open TJ/Fultz. The defense rotated in both cases. Then with TJ he dipped to the FT line, passed to another player, who had to again pass because the defense reorganized, and the shot clock expired

When it was Fultz the defense rotated, but instead of passing, Fultz drove, the defense had to collapse again, and it left a wide open 3.

He had two or three other examples how Fultzs athleticism either resulted in a Fultz layup, a foul, or a wide open shot because of how much the defense had to move

His article explained how even without a shot, moves like that kept Fultz a constant threat you need to worry about. But the conclusion was that as long as Fultz isnít a threat to shoot, that you canít have him and Simmons on the floor together for long stretches. He surmised that the best lineup with those two would be Ben as a small ball 5, Fultz at the 1, and 3 shooters around them.

Now I want to wait and see what this latest round of specialists, but if this is something without a ďshort term fixĒ (aka surgery) Iím not holding out hope that Fultz is a fit with the Sixers due to only working with certain lineups. But I would hold out hope on Fultz that he will land somewhere that is looking to develop and needs him to be a PG who drives and kicks rather than sit and shoot.

IndyRealist
11-30-2018, 10:38 AM
yes and no... Utah had to overpay because there was no way they are getting him in the buyout market. real contenders probably only do salary match and a second. Those who buy early always overpay tbh.

The market for trades is always set by whoever will pay the most, not by which team is the best. His value is whatever someone will pay for him.

Vinylman
11-30-2018, 10:39 AM
The market for trades is always set by whoever will pay the most, not by which team is the best. His value is whatever someone will pay for him.

point missed

warfelg
11-30-2018, 10:42 AM
From whatís reported the push for the Korver to Sixers was more from the Cavs side, and the Sixers were interested more in a three team deal where they happened to have the incoming salary space.

IndyRealist
11-30-2018, 10:43 AM

Ease up with the conspiracy theories. He's not hated because he's a Sixer. Most people don't particularly care about the Sixers. He's hated because he was a #1 pick and because he could have been Jayson Tatum. When two players are traded for each other on draft day, there will inevitably be comparisons.

ewing
11-30-2018, 10:52 AM
Ease up with the conspiracy theories. He's not hated because he's a Sixer. Most people don't particularly care about the Sixers. He's hated because he was a #1 pick and because he could have been Jayson Tatum. When two players are traded for each other on draft day, there will inevitably be comparisons.

I disagree. Its like 6 degree of Kevin Bacon. He is hated because MTM likes him

More-Than-Most
11-30-2018, 11:28 AM

its not a conspiracy theory but actual truth... the sixers have been hated on for years because of their tank and guys like embiid first then simmons got a ton of hate because of it... ask Ewing the dude hates every sixer player that is drafted.. Simmons was suppose to be a bust as well lul

More-Than-Most
11-30-2018, 11:29 AM
WAHHHHHHHH! Do you see a group of Knick fans going "no Kevin Knox is playing well. He has a better PER then Shai Gilgeous-Alexander!" He's hated b/c of you!!!!!!!!!!!

that is a stupid reason to hate on a player :shrug:

Again he will be out of the league but is worlds better at his worst than those players i mentioned. Interesting.

Rivera
11-30-2018, 11:33 AM
its not a conspiracy theory but actual truth... the sixers have been hated on for years because of their tank and guys like embiid first then simmons got a ton of hate because of it... ask Ewing the dude hates every sixer player that is drafted.. Simmons was suppose to be a bust as well lul

this is a half truth. you left out the other half which doesnt suit your argument.

media hated the 76ers tanking. most fans that know the game (not casuals they ride with the media) applauded the 76ers and understood, plus we loved Hinkie and hold him in high regard as an exec.

76ers didnt get hate because they tanked and landed embiid/simmons. 76ers started getting small hate because Fultz is a #1 pick and look how he shoots, its easy to make fun of him and call him trash. Simmons refuses to shoot so its easy to hate on him. Embiid is polorazing, mostly because of his social media game, but a lot more people like him then hate him.

only media and casuals slammed the 76ers for tanking not real bball fans, half truth

ewing
11-30-2018, 11:35 AM

I don't like Simmons b/c he didn't show up for his college team. I don't like Fultz b/c he is full of ****. What's going on dude? If you don't know just say so. "I'm hurt, I'm not hurt, blah, blah, blah," now he leaves to deal with an injury without even dealing with the team! after being gifted mins. Classic douche. I've always like Joel and I gave Ben credit for being good from the start. Fultz sucks right now plus you like him :shrug:

ewing
11-30-2018, 11:36 AM
that is a stupid reason to hate on a player :shrug:

Again he will be out of the league but is worlds better at his worst than those players i mentioned. Interesting.

If Kevin Knox is this bad after 4 years he will have trouble finding a job too

More-Than-Most
11-30-2018, 11:37 AM
this is a half truth. you left out the other half which doesnt suit your argument.

media hated the 76ers tanking. most fans that know the game (not casuals they ride with the media) applauded the 76ers and understood, plus we loved Hinkie and hold him in high regard as an exec.

76ers didnt get hate because they tanked and landed embiid/simmons. 76ers started getting small hate because Fultz is a #1 pick and look how he shoots, its easy to make fun of him and call him trash. Simmons refuses to shoot so its easy to hate on him. Embiid is polorazing, mostly because of his social media game, but a lot more people like him then hate him.

only media and casuals slammed the 76ers for tanking not real bball fans, half truth

Not even try to screw around we were destroyed on this site in countless threads for years because of the tank... the embiid threads and so on down the list... The hate in the media was next level and some did understand on sports sites but most hated just to hated and I get it because tanking is suppose to be frowned upon.

Fultz is a number 1 pick no doubt and deserves the crap that is being thrown his way but i cant remember the last time a number 1 overall pick got this destroyed 30 games into his career... Even Darko got more time lol

More-Than-Most
11-30-2018, 11:37 AM
If Kevin Knox is this bad in 4 years he will have trouble finding a job too

its been like 30 games for fultz lol. That isnt 4 years. I have no issues hating on guys that dont improve in 4 years.

ewing
11-30-2018, 11:38 AM
its been like 30 games for fultz lol. That isnt 4 years. I have no issues hating on guys that dont improve in 4 years.

No one is saying heís getting cut now. Right now both guys stink. If they don't get better eventually people will give up on the potential and they will have trouble finding a job

Rivera
11-30-2018, 11:42 AM
Not even try to screw around we were destroyed on this site in countless threads for years because of the tank... the embiid threads and so on down the list... The hate in the media was next level and some did understand on sports sites but most hated just to hated and I get it because tanking is suppose to be frowned upon.

Fultz is a number 1 pick no doubt and deserves the crap that is being thrown his way but i cant remember the last time a number 1 overall pick got this destroyed 30 games into his career... Even Darko got more time lol

by troll laker fans only :laugh:

but go ahead and apply that to the rest of the forum!

mostly everyone else praised the 76ers for figuring out its better to tank than to stay in mediocrity in the 7th-8th seed they were in before the tank.

ill give you one rookie that was destroyed maybe worse than Fultz. And I say this because he was garbage his first few games in the league with more of a hype train than Fultz. he got crushed his first few games vs fultz where most were patient allowed him to take the year off and crushed him early year 2, so Fultz had 1 year of no crap compared to the guy I will mention

Yao Ming

Remember his first few games? dude looked lost and was throwing up air balls before he figured it out later that season. he was getting crushed by everyone saying hes soft and doesnt belong

prodigy
11-30-2018, 11:42 AM

Agreed. Hate is such a strong word. I don't have much time in my life to hate others. 76ers won't win anything if Simmons can't hit a consistent jumper. People may disagree with that but its my opinion. Fultz shooting like a new born baby Hurts the team and holds them back. Embiid saying stupid stuff makes them all look bad and dumb.

these are all legit reasons why people dislike or root against the 76ers. Just is. But if you are a fan of the sixers so what. who cares what people think lol. Like the media bashing Baker Mayfield. Bunch of nonsense. but i laugh at it. I mean we had a fight break out in the Jags game nobody said anything. We have teams signing women beaters. But Baker says he didn't like what the ex coach did and now hes immature lol.

ewing
11-30-2018, 11:43 AM
He is really good at boxing out

TheDish87
11-30-2018, 12:05 PM
Agreed. Hate is such a strong word. I don't have much time in my life to hate others. 76ers won't win anything if Simmons can't hit a consistent jumper. People may disagree with that but its my opinion. Fultz shooting like a new born baby Hurts the team and holds them back. Embiid saying stupid stuff makes them all look bad and dumb.

these are all legit reasons why people dislike or root against the 76ers. Just is. But if you are a fan of the sixers so what. who cares what people think lol. Like the media bashing Baker Mayfield. Bunch of nonsense. but i laugh at it. I mean we had a fight break out in the Jags game nobody said anything. We have teams signing women beaters. But Baker says he didn't like what the ex coach did and now hes immature lol.

eh adding someone like Butler gives Simmons more time to learn how to shoot, its not gonna prevent us winning a title if hes the 3rd or 4th option. Nothing Embiid does makes the team look bad,he doesnt say anything dumb. How anyone can hate Embiid short of just being a rival fan is beyond me but to say he says dumb stuff that makes the team look bad is simply wrong. Fultz is an issue but he sure as **** isnt holding us back.

warfelg
11-30-2018, 12:13 PM

mostly everyone else praised the 76ers for figuring out its better to tank than to stay in mediocrity in the 7th-8th seed they were in before the tank.

Ehhhhhhh, I half agree with this. I really think the mockery and the 'hate' even with 'mostly everyone' happened with the drafting of Okafor and the announcement that Embiid would miss year 2. That's when people started making comments that it would never work, we're a joke franchise, yada yada. It didn't suddenly start when Fultz was drafted. In fact it intensified with more people when we took Simmons and then he got hurt, and more than just lakers fans were making comments that he was injury prone, would have problems staying healthy, and applied the bust label to him because of the injury. I think with the Fultz pick just intensified it with more people.

Add in that I think there were a growing number of people outside of the Sixers fandom that took the process and Hinkie talking about the process of finding a star like he was going to be far easier than anyone else made it to be, and there was a gross misunderstanding that the Sixers weren't expecting to hit at a much higher rate than any other team high in the draft. Rather Hinkie's philosophy was this: there are 3 ways to get a star in the NBA. In order easiest to hardest was:
Draft
Trade
Sign

So his plan was to ensure he had enough chances in the draft (not just high picks but first round picks in general), had the assests to trade for a star if one came free (via picks, players, cap space), and had the cap space to sign one. He wanted to keep openings to all three routes to getting stars until he had them in place.

IMO 3 things drove the hate of the Sixers and still do to this day:
~ All the 10 day contracts and UDFA's in the Hinkie years. I think people were unhappy that he wasn't signing long contracts. They wanted him to do the more traditional things rather than what he went with.

~ He didn't just start signing a bunch of players right after he drafted high. Kinda ties to the first one, but when most teams draft high they assume they are a star and start to go to put players around them. Rather than what Hinkie did, which is draft that guy and then wait for them to show star qualities before going in on supporting them.

~ The lack of meeting the salary floor. This is the one smart fans were mad about. The fact that we didn't meet the floor most years got people upset that he wasn't even hiding the fact that he needed some high 1st round picks.

prodigy
11-30-2018, 02:57 PM
eh adding someone like Butler gives Simmons more time to learn how to shoot, its not gonna prevent us winning a title if hes the 3rd or 4th option.

Well yall won't contend for anything until the Warriors are dismantled lol. Also doubt you guys beat Boston or Raptors so yes Simmons got time. But he will be a max contract guy in a couple years. so it would be really nice if he can hit jumpers while he's taking 20+ million a year from the team.

Fultz is an issue but he sure as **** isnt holding us back.

UMMM clearly he is. the fact you say otherwise is mind blowing. whats wrong with you? right now he is a bust. I'm not saying he cant fix himself and produce. But right now he's a bust. Having a #1 pick become a Bust DOES NOT help the team. it hurts the team. If he was playing at a high level the Sixers would be my fav to beat the Warriors. Fultz, Embiid, Butler, Simmons, JJ woooo!!! but nope.

So The Cavs having Anthony Bennett Bust was a good thing for them? lol

My Browns must be ur fav team in the NFL. They got plenty of Busts you would enjoy.

Rivera
11-30-2018, 04:28 PM
UMMM clearly he is. the fact you say otherwise is mind blowing. whats wrong with you? right now he is a bust. I'm not saying he cant fix himself and produce. But right now he's a bust. Having a #1 pick become a Bust DOES NOT help the team. it hurts the team. If he was playing at a high level the Sixers would be my fav to beat the Warriors. Fultz, Embiid, Butler, Simmons, JJ woooo!!! but nope.

My Browns must be ur fav team in the NFL. They got plenty of Busts you would enjoy.

Those are 2 different statements that you jumbled lol

Fultz isnt holding the 76ers back. 76ers could be a title contender tomorrow with their current roster. To me whats holding them back come playoff time is Bens refusal to shoot a jump shot. Its much easier for defenses to game plan against Bens short comings to force the 76ers into a tougher shot. That is holding the 76ers back more than Fultz

he might be a bust, but because he is a bust, that doesnt mean hes holding the 76ers back. he isnt playing enough minutes to hold the 76ers back lol

warfelg
11-30-2018, 04:31 PM
Those are 2 different statements that you jumbled lol

Fultz isnt holding the 76ers back. 76ers could be a title contender tomorrow with their current roster. To me whats holding them back come playoff time is Bens refusal to shoot a jump shot. Its much easier for defenses to game plan against Bens short comings to force the 76ers into a tougher shot. That is holding the 76ers back more than Fultz

he might be a bust, but because he is a bust, that doesnt mean hes holding the 76ers back. he isnt playing enough minutes to hold the 76ers back lol

Which was another point of the process and what we did. We could withstand a bust (which happens) and still manage to be a team that could reach the finals.

TheDish87
11-30-2018, 04:56 PM
Well yall won't contend for anything until the Warriors are dismantled lol. Also doubt you guys beat Boston or Raptors so yes Simmons got time. But he will be a max contract guy in a couple years. so it would be really nice if he can hit jumpers while he's taking 20+ million a year from the team.

Bust or not Fultz isnt holding the team back lol we are winning games rather hes out there or not. Its weird you think he is. We wasnt going to contribute much to the win column as whole as basically a rookie anyway. Sure, itll be nice to see Ben get more comfortable shooting by the time he gets that max, im on record saying this to a friend just last night actually. We are better than Boston, no doubt in my mind right now. I think the Raps edge us but that would make one hell of a series as we have someone to keep up with KL while they have no one for Embiid.

just a really weird post from you. really weird.

Tg11
11-30-2018, 05:44 PM

ill give you one rookie that was destroyed maybe worse than Fultz. And I say this because he was garbage his first few games in the league with more of a hype train than Fultz. he got crushed his first few games vs fultz where most were patient allowed him to take the year off and crushed him early year 2, so Fultz had 1 year of no crap compared to the guy I will mention

Yao Ming

Remember his first few games? dude looked lost and was throwing up air balls before he figured it out later that season. he was getting crushed by everyone saying hes soft and doesnt belong

Because Markelle doesn't belong in the NBA

Jamiecballer
12-01-2018, 01:24 AM
MCW is still in the league, like come on. Fultz will be around for a bit.Headcases don't last. It's not the he can't shoot thing, it's the he wouldn't make the NBA if this had happened in college because his psyche is broken, thing.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

ewing
12-01-2018, 02:57 AM
Headcases don't last. It's not the he can't shoot thing, it's the he wouldn't make the NBA if this had happened in college because his psyche is broken, thing.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Right now he a distraction and not very good. Thatís a bad combo. Some of it is not his fault. He didnít ask to be part of a trade everyone talks about and #1s just get more pub. On the other hand, he has not handled things well and made things worse for himself

Tg11
12-01-2018, 11:26 AM
Don't be surprised to see him gone by February

warfelg
12-01-2018, 11:41 AM
Well there's reports that the reason the Suns are hesitant to give up much for Fultz is there are concerns within the organization about the support system around him, notably the 'trainer' that was dating Fultz's mom and is now engaged to her. The report says the Suns concern pre-draft was this guy wasn't as interested in Fultz's long term well being as he was using Fultz's rising star to break into the inner ring of the NBA to gain employment as a coach in the NBA.

Tg11
12-01-2018, 11:59 AM
Well there's reports that the reason the Suns are hesitant to give up much for Fultz is there are concerns within the organization about the support system around him, notably the 'trainer' that was dating Fultz's mom and is now engaged to her. The report says the Suns concern pre-draft was this guy wasn't as interested in Fultz's long term well being as he was using Fultz's rising star to break into the inner ring of the NBA to gain employment as a coach in the NBA.

Either way he will end up in Phoenix or Cleveland but why don't they move him to the Chicago Bulls? Bulls could use a PG so why not have Fultz go there?

warfelg
12-01-2018, 01:21 PM
Either way he will end up in Phoenix or Cleveland but why don't they move him to the Chicago Bulls? Bulls could use a PG so why not have Fultz go there?

Because the Bulls have Dunn and Holiday...

And thatís fine saying he could end up elsewhere. But in reality even other teams are worried the support system around him are doing more harm than good.

warfelg
12-01-2018, 10:35 PM