PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love trade block

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-22-2018, 08:09 AM

Love can be traded on January 24 2019. He'll be back from toe injury in January. Bit early for trade talks discussion now. But time is flying. What team may bite? Blake signed a big deal with Clippers then traded that trade deadline. I can see that happen with Love. Love's contract is horrible. But i'm sure some dead weight will be sent back.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-22-2018, 08:11 AM
Wiggins for Love? That was mentioned I think in the Butler thread last week.

Ahriman
11-22-2018, 08:33 AM
why would they do that considering the just got Saric out of the Butler trade

plus Love bloated contract is now even worse then Wiggins

TrueFan420
11-22-2018, 09:19 AM
Philly should go all in and see if the can make a big 4 for Simmons, Butler, Love and Embiid

warfelg
11-22-2018, 09:24 AM
He needs to play some before being traded. If it happens it will happen at the deadline.

SiteWolf
11-22-2018, 09:25 AM
Is Love even good enough to be part of a big anything at this point?

Tg11
11-22-2018, 01:16 PM
I would send Kevin Love to the Portland Trail Blazers and pair him up with Lillard and McCollum or I would send Love to LA and reunite him with LeBron

warfelg
11-22-2018, 01:51 PM
Is Love even good enough to be part of a big anything at this point?

No.

buckalis
11-22-2018, 02:56 PM
Kevin Love won't be traded by the CAVs until Hill first, Korver and J.R. Smith to follow him (in that order) are traded... Even after Hill, Smith and Korver deals occur, the CAVs may decide to keep Love, depending on the players that will be landed to Cleveland as a result of these trades... The CAVs will not consider a trade on either Hill, or Smith, or Korver that includes a PG in return...

FlashBolt
11-22-2018, 04:25 PM
He's too unathletic, fragile, and slow to be successful in this fast-paced league of athletic beasts who can dunk from the FT line.

LaVar Ball
11-22-2018, 05:09 PM
I would send Kevin Love to the Portland Trail Blazers and pair him up with Lillard and McCollum or I would send Love to LA and reunite him with LeBron

Lakers don't need Love or his contract

buckalis
11-22-2018, 05:49 PM
Lakers don't need Love or his contract

It's not for you, or other brainless troll to decide who Lebron wants... who ever he wants, the Lakers will take.

FlashBolt
11-23-2018, 12:49 AM
It's not for you, or other brainless troll to decide who Lebron wants... who ever he wants, the Lakers will take.

So why are you here? Get out if all you care about is what the management of a team says. We don't need to read about how much you want to sniff Giannis's socks after one of his games. Go away.

More-Than-Most
11-23-2018, 04:31 AM
Philly should go all in and see if the can make a big 4 for Simmons, Butler, Love and Embiid

why would we want a player that doesnt defend and only gets his but is actually a big minus more often than not? I wouldnt take love if we were getting a draft pick because of that contract he was given and yet we should go all in for him and give up a big offer? lmfao

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-23-2018, 09:20 AM

There was a article suggesting Blazers want to get that third star to pair with their backcourt.

FlashBolt
11-23-2018, 09:21 AM
There was a article suggesting Blazers want to get that third star to pair with their backcourt.

That would mean they wouldn't want Love.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-23-2018, 09:24 AM
That would mean they wouldn't want Love.

Actually Blazers and Suns shown interests in Love in the past. Not sure if they still do or mainly junk would be sent back most likely. Blazers got a few dead weight deals.

FlashBolt
11-23-2018, 09:27 AM
Actually Blazers and Suns shown interests in Love in the past. Not sure if they still do or mainly junk would be sent back most likely. Blazers got a few dead weight deals.

ehhh, it's me basically saying Love isn't a star. He's just a very good player. I'd put him on the same tier as guys like Milsap honestly.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-23-2018, 09:37 AM
Blazers do seem like a landing spot. They got the junk salaries to get to Love. Suns have Anderson and Ariza to flip for Love if they had interests yet. Maybe even Hornets if they miss out on Beal? Kemba needs another guy to shoulder some of the load. Kemba been a one man wrecking crew all season. Hornets have a ton of dead weight deals.

FlashBolt
11-23-2018, 09:47 AM
Blazers do seem like a landing spot. They got the junk salaries to get to Love. Suns have Anderson and Ariza to flip for Love if they had interests yet. Maybe even Hornets if they miss out on Beal? Kemba needs another guy to shoulder some of the load. Kemba been a one man wrecking crew all season. Hornets have a ton of dead weight deals.

the problem is Love just signed a new contract and is only getting worse as a player. Not sure how Blazers will enjoy paying him $30 million for the next 4-5 years.

Vee-Rex
11-23-2018, 10:36 AM
why would we want a player that doesnt defend and only gets his but is actually a big minus more often than not? I wouldnt take love if we were getting a draft pick because of that contract he was given and yet we should go all in for him and give up a big offer? lmfao

I think Love would shine next to EmbGod

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-23-2018, 11:19 AM

Absolutely. But who do the 76ers send out to get close to salaries to work? Redick? Swapping one shooter for another. 76ers need multiple shooters added to their roster. Figure in Love is like $24M. Redick or Chandler would have to be the main salary fillers. Maybe Fultz,Chandler for Love? But bring in Loves bad contract. Besides if they give Butler 5/$190M. Then Embiid's already on a max. Where's the money gonna be to keep Simmons down the road?

warfelg
11-23-2018, 11:40 AM
Where we donít want Love is because of this offseason. There actually is a other for us to create the space for another $30 mil max deal. And if we can talk them into it, Butler and a theoretical other max guy can take just under the $35 mil max.

In theory that could mean Klay Thompson, Kevin Durant, Kawhi, Kyrie are potential targets.

Realistically thereís guys like Tobas Harris, Mirotic, KCP, the Morris Twins who would all be better fits and we can likely get 2-3 of them.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-23-2018, 11:42 AM
I could see Morey go after Love as well.

Chronz
11-23-2018, 12:56 PM

Everyone would. Love don't shine that brightly

Chronz
11-23-2018, 12:57 PM
I could see Morey go after Love as well.
Maybe when he gets desperate but given that contract I doubt it

buckalis
11-23-2018, 01:05 PM

One out of either of the Morris twins would fit perfect next to Embiid, but I think there would be lots of demand if Markieff will be available before the trade deadline (which seems very possible if the Wizzards will loose all playoff hopes by then) ).

Vee-Rex
11-23-2018, 02:02 PM

Shh. I'm trying to appeal to his love for Embiid.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-23-2018, 02:47 PM
I could see plenty of dead weight offers inquired to the Cavs. Blazers got like Turner and Leonard. Hornets have Williams, Zeller, MKG, Batum. Heat have a few dead weight deals like Whiteside and Johnson and Johnson. 76ers could offer up Chandler and Futlz. Knicks got some junk contracts to trade like Lee or Thomas or Kanter's expiring. Nets as well with Carroll, Crabbe, Dudley, Faried. But Nets want that capspace for bigger fish if they can lure them in.

Suns can offer up Ariza and Anderson. Cuban always goes after players so he could toss up a few guys like Matthews or Jordan. I mentioned Morey before. Kings could offer up something like ZBO, Koufus and whatever else. Not sure if Spurs would get in on Love or not. Maybe Gasol and some other filler?

I was gonna suggest Pelicans cause they need more names surrounding AD. But they got expiring Mirotic and they got Randle yet for big men. But if they still wanted Love they could offer up something around any of these guys in Hill,Moore,Johnson. Grizzlies got Parsons contract. Not sure if Raptors would want Love's contract either. But they could use Val and Green or Ibaka and something else.

Pistons probably wouldn't since they got Drummond and Blake on their front line already but who knows. Magic have a few big contracts like Vucevic, Fournier, Mozgov, Ross. Pacers probably don't want Loves contract. Celtics cant unless they give up a core piece or trade a ton of guys to get close to his deal. Not so sure Clippers wanna tinker with anything with the wins they been getting. Also they got a few expiring's saved for a bigger name like Kawhi.

Hawks are full tank doubt they bother. They maybe the third team to help the trade move along though. Nuggets got Jokic and Millsap they wont bother. Jazz got Gobert and Favors. Unless Jazz not happy with Favors? Bulls are tanking but who knows. They could offer up Lopez expiring and Felicio. But the Bulls got Portis coming back from injury as well as Markkanen. Not so sure Lakers want his contract. Even so who they offer when they can trade their new free agents? KCP and Rondo?

basch152
11-25-2018, 01:54 AM
Where we donít want Love is because of this offseason. There actually is a other for us to create the space for another $30 mil max deal. And if we can talk them into it, Butler and a theoretical other max guy can take just under the $35 mil max.

In theory that could mean Klay Thompson, Kevin Durant, Kawhi, Kyrie are potential targets.

Realistically thereís guys like Tobas Harris, Mirotic, KCP, the Morris Twins who would all be better fits and we can likely get 2-3 of them.

lol you just named like 3 starters from the 2014-2016 pistons team

speaking of which, why is tobias Harris still so goddamn underrated.

he's one of the most efficient players in the NBA, averaging 21 ppg on only 15 shots shooting 51% from the field and 43% from 3.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-02-2019, 09:31 AM
http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/nba-trade-rumors-news-cleveland-cavaliers-forward-kevin-love-available-right-price-some-executives-believe-lebron-james/g61aw135xwuuzgd2jftyiiu2

Executives around the league think Love can be had for the right price. Well no kidding he just signed that 4/$120M deal. Also injured. Cavs tanking. Of course they will wanna unload him and tank. Nothing new but I can see him dealt.

Tg11
01-02-2019, 12:35 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/nba-trade-rumors-news-cleveland-cavaliers-forward-kevin-love-available-right-price-some-executives-believe-lebron-james/g61aw135xwuuzgd2jftyiiu2

Executives around the league think Love can be had for the right price. Well no kidding he just signed that 4/$120M deal. Also injured. Cavs tanking. Of course they will wanna unload him and tank. Nothing new but I can see him dealt.

Yeah but which teams could Love go to?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/hoopshype.com/2018/07/06/kevin-love-cleveland-cavaliers-trade-destinations/amp/

I saw this article and even though it is old...the team choices on here Love could be a good fit on

Miami Heat, Charlotte Hornets, Portland Trail Blazers and the Raptors believe it or not

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-02-2019, 12:40 PM
Hornets and Blazers are two that would take him easily. Hornets got plenty of big contracts to match. Blazers end be hard to say what they give up. Blazers got Turner,Harkless,Leonard for a crap platter and maybe a pick or something.

Tg11
01-02-2019, 12:53 PM
Hornets and Blazers are two that would take him easily. Hornets got plenty of big contracts to match. Blazers end be hard to say what they give up. Blazers got Turner,Harkless,Leonard for a crap platter and maybe a pick or something.

If he were to go to Portland you can create a Big 3 with him, Lillard and CJ or a Dynamic Duo in Charlotte with him and Kemba...either way Love on Portland or Charlotte makes the most sense at this point

valade16
01-02-2019, 01:36 PM

Love to Portland has been talked about for years because of Love's connection to Portland (went to HS there). At this point, his contract is so bad that the likely only way the Blazers take him is if they can dump 2/3 of Turner, Harkless and Leonard's contracts on Cleveland.

A lineup of Lillard, McCollum, Aminu, Love, Nurkic would be interesting. Our defense is surprisingly good for having such a small backcourt, do we want to tempt fate and add a defensive player of Love's caliber to the mix lol?

Tg11
01-02-2019, 01:38 PM
Love to Portland has been talked about for years because of Love's connection to Portland (went to HS there). At this point, his contract is so bad that the likely only way the Blazers take him is if they can dump 2/3 of Turner, Harkless and Leonard's contracts on Cleveland.

A lineup of Lillard, McCollum, Aminu, Love, Nurkic would be interesting. Our defense is surprisingly good for having such a small backcourt, do we want to tempt fate and add a defensive player of Love's caliber to the mix lol?

I would do it if I'm Portland because that would be a pretty formidable team

Rivera
01-02-2019, 01:41 PM
my first thought was honestly the Mavs

hornets is a solid choice, portland seems solid destination as well

Tg11
01-02-2019, 01:43 PM
my first thought was honestly the Mavs

hornets is a solid choice, portland seems solid destination as well

Mavs is another solid destination but Charlotte and Portland make the most sense

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-02-2019, 02:11 PM
Yeah Mavs can offer up Matthews and maybe Powell and a pick of some sorts. Cavs be in business for picks now. Even though Love's contract isn't pretty and injury-prone.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-02-2019, 02:12 PM
Matthews and Powell for Love and Hood? Mavs can toss a first or second or some kinda sweetener.

Redrum187
01-02-2019, 02:20 PM
Love is too old for the Mavs and doesn't fit in their window. Also, Powell is really good in his limited time. He provides a spark off the bench at only 1/3 of the price. They would also be ruining their chances to sign 2 max contracts next offseason even if the likelihood of that happening is extremely small. I'd rather roll the dice on that nevertheless than shooting yourself in the foot with a 30 year old declining 30 mil a year player.

Tg11
01-02-2019, 02:27 PM
Love to the Blazers or hey how about Love to the Suns or Spurs

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-02-2019, 02:57 PM
Love is too old for the Mavs and doesn't fit in their window. Also, Powell is really good in his limited time. He provides a spark off the bench at only 1/3 of the price. They would also be ruining their chances to sign 2 max contracts next offseason even if the likelihood of that happening is extremely small. I'd rather roll the dice on that nevertheless than shooting yourself in the foot with a 30 year old declining 30 mil a year player.

Any time Cuban is the owner of the Mavs a window doesn't matter. Cause why bother signing Jordan? Cuban chased after a ton of washed up over paid guys like Jamison,Carter,Nash,Kidd,Howard,Dampier,Walker,Mar ion and many other guys like Van Horn and Tim Thomas to name a few.

Tg11
01-02-2019, 03:18 PM
Love and Doncic looks great

TakeYourL
01-02-2019, 04:14 PM
It still boggles my mind that people considered love a star in this league.

Legitimately the stat stuffer king in sports history.

Rivera
01-02-2019, 04:17 PM

i would think so as well, but the Mavs have struck on on FA so many times, maybe they dont want to take that chance. it was a shot in the dark and the first thought in my mind tbh

Rivera
01-02-2019, 04:19 PM

not a star, but a weapon that could help any team when used properly. he is a "champion" for what thats worth and its not like he didnt help, he for sure helped Cleveland win. Granted we can argue how big of an impact but we cant argue that he had an impact and a finals moment staying in front of Steph Curry.

I like a lineup of DSJ/Barnes/Luka/Love/Jordan (Its going to have to be one of Barnes/Matthews to be traded with love)

TakeYourL
01-02-2019, 05:19 PM
not a star, but a weapon that could help any team when used properly. he is a "champion" for what thats worth and its not like he didnt help, he for sure helped Cleveland win. Granted we can argue how big of an impact but we cant argue that he had an impact and a finals moment staying in front of Steph Curry.

I like a lineup of DSJ/Barnes/Luka/Love/Jordan (Its going to have to be one of Barnes/Matthews to be traded with love)

They benched him during the finals he was so bad.

Rivera
01-02-2019, 05:23 PM
They benched him during the finals he was so bad.

yea he was that terrible he didnt do anything those finals Kyrie and Lebron scored all 90, 100 points every game :rolleyes:

beasted86
01-02-2019, 08:12 PM
Kevin Love averages 15/9 on 40% FG over his playoff career + horrible defense + no leadership. That's if he's even healthy.

Factor in the mold of player Love is cut from has a terrible track record over 30. Guys like David Lee, Carlos Boozer, Elton Brand, Troy Murphy, etc... PFs with a below the rim game who were double-double machines became below average immediately after turning 31.

The GM who trades for him signed his own Death Note. Love should be making at least $10-12M less per year over his entire extension.

Vee-Rex
01-02-2019, 08:29 PM
Kevin Love averages 15/9 on 40% FG over his playoff career + horrible defense + no leadership. That's if he's even healthy.

Factor in the mold of player Love is cut from has a terrible track record over 30. Guys like David Lee, Carlos Boozer, Elton Brand, Troy Murphy, etc... PFs with a below the rim game who were double-double machines became below average immediately after turning 31.

The GM who trades for him signed his own Death Note. Love should be making at least $10-12M less per year over his entire extension.

Nice DN reference, my dude

Saddletramp
01-02-2019, 08:39 PM
Was thinking maybe Brandon Knight and Eric Gordon for OMG THAT CONTRACT.

Redrum187
01-02-2019, 09:21 PM
Any time Cuban is the owner of the Mavs a window doesn't matter. Cause why bother signing Jordan? Cuban chased after a ton of washed up over paid guys like Jamison,Carter,Nash,Kidd,Howard,Dampier,Walker,Mar ion and many other guys like Van Horn and Tim Thomas to name a few.

Jordan signing was to get into the playoffs before Dirk retires. Dirk will retire, more than likely, before Love's contract ends. Also, did you notice Jordan's contract was for 1 year? Jordan doesn't fit long term, and even though he covers all the Maverick's needs, they should use him as trade bait to a contender for a legit young piece (in other words, not on someone like Love).

GREATNESS ONE
01-02-2019, 09:34 PM

Russell Westbrook?

TakeYourL
01-03-2019, 01:52 PM
yea he was that terrible he didnt do anything those finals Kyrie and Lebron scored all 90, 100 points every game :rolleyes:

What are you trying to debate here? He literally got benched for the finals he was so bad.

When love is on the court with real stars, he looks like a shelf. He can't do anything.

Russell Westbrook?

No way, I wouldn't put Westbrook in the same category as love. Westbrook is wild, but he still can legitimately attack a defense, and has lead his team to the playoffs, where as love literally has no go to moves.

Tg11
01-06-2019, 04:26 PM
Apparently another team is interested that being the Denver Nuggets

TakeYourL
01-07-2019, 01:12 AM
Apparently another team is interested that being the Denver Nuggets

Doubt it, jokic and love would form the worst defensive team in nba history