PDA

View Full Version : DLO and the Nets

More-Than-Most
11-19-2018, 08:11 PM
Both seem to be turning the corner... DLO is popping out 17/6 with minimal turnovers on 42 pct shooting and 40 pct shooting from 3... On top of this the Nets had a bad injury this year but are still 7-10... Are both finally turning a corner?

Chronz
11-19-2018, 08:58 PM
Imagine a world where the Lakers don't pay for moz and deng. Poor lebron

Cal827
11-19-2018, 09:45 PM
Lakers should trade for Russel. I'm sure offering Ball could get the deal done. Gives the Lakers a guy who has shooting range and is a threat for Lebron's kickouts, and it gives the Nets a guy who'll be able to further assist with the development of LeVert

FlashBolt
11-20-2018, 12:33 AM
I still have faith in Ball. I like what I see defensively and he never hogs the ball. Blame the Lakers inherently poor system for a guy like Ball struggling. he hasn't been able to get consistent minutes to start and end games. Just way too many playmakers and that has hurt Ball's development. Ingram on the other hand.. dude is turning out to be a Michael Beasley type player. Only upside to his game so far is a simple midrange. The Kevin Durant comparisons are already out the window for me. He'll be a serviceable player in the league but not close to an elite player.

lakerfan85
11-20-2018, 01:05 AM
I still have faith in Ball. I like what I see defensively and he never hogs the ball. Blame the Lakers inherently poor system for a guy like Ball struggling. he hasn't been able to get consistent minutes to start and end games. Just way too many playmakers and that has hurt Ball's development. Ingram on the other hand.. dude is turning out to be a Michael Beasley type player. Only upside to his game so far is a simple midrange. The Kevin Durant comparisons are already out the window for me. He'll be a serviceable player in the league but not close to an elite player.

This is just a dumb post.

GREATNESS ONE
11-20-2018, 01:24 AM

I agree with half of your post :nod:

GREATNESS ONE
11-20-2018, 01:26 AM
**** DBLO and his 5assist/2TO

Iíve never hated a player more that the Lakers drafted!

FlashBolt
11-20-2018, 02:04 AM
This is just a dumb post.

Which part? The one where Ingram isn't close to what many hoped he would be? Check back to reality. If Lakers can get an elite player(s) next season to play with Bron, Ingram is gone. He's not better than LeBron at anything.

More-Than-Most
11-20-2018, 02:08 AM
Which part? The one where Ingram isn't close to what many hoped he would be? Check back to reality. If Lakers can get an elite player(s) next season to play with Bron, Ingram is gone. He's not better than LeBron at anything.

Ingram isnt developing as fast as i thought he would but he isnt having a bad season.... Ball is having a horrid season right now and didnt improve from anything last year and it has 0 to do with him not always starting... You talk about fultz confidence but Ball has become gun shy the last few games on top of his bad follow through and he is killing the lakers... The problem isnt ingram its ball right now. Fultz and Ball look like utter **** the only saving grace for fultz is he hasnt played as many games as ball but neither guy looks like anything currently.

LaVar Ball
11-20-2018, 02:20 AM

I agree with your entire post.

Spot on.

FlashBolt
11-20-2018, 02:25 AM
Ingram isnt developing as fast as i thought he would but he isnt having a bad season.... Ball is having a horrid season right now and didnt improve from anything last year and it has 0 to do with him not always starting... You talk about fultz confidence but Ball has become gun shy the last few games on top of his bad follow through and he is killing the lakers... The problem isnt ingram its ball right now. Fultz and Ball look like utter **** the only saving grace for fultz is he hasnt played as many games as ball but neither guy looks like anything currently.

Gun shy? How? He's shot the ball numerous times. Fultz has COMPLETELY abandoned his three point shot. Ball is still trying. Ball has definitely improved but I think this was just bad timing for him because he's been in/out of rotations. Lakers have been using him in p&r's with Bron and have been very successful. Look, I get the criticism of Lonzo but watching the Lakers play, Lonzo still has a lot of value he can add to this team. He's a great passer, intelligent ball-mover who knows the right passes to make for hockey assists, and his defense is far superior than what I thought.

As an example, just look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KUt1KBeh5w

He was guarding four different players in this one possession. He's capable of doing that. LeBron isn't stupid. He knows he himself doesn't play defense and when a guy like Lonzo is willing to do it and makes his game easier, it's a total bonus. When he gets the steal, LeBron was the beneficiary of Ball's defense. That's value. He will miss his three point shots but he's finding other ways to contribute and it shows up to those who are watching. Maybe not all the time but he's got potential to be a contributing factor.

Ingram's having a bad season, dude. Lakers are forcefeeding him the ball and have been giving Kuzma less touches now. Ingram isn't scoring the way Lakers expected. He's only got a midrange game. It would surprise you but in two seasons and this year so far, Ingram has only scored above 26 points, wait for it, one time. You would think a "scorer" like Ingram would be far more capable of doing much more. The reality is, it's time to accept who Ingram is. The mystique in his potential is gone. I'm sorry but I've seen enough. Lakers tried everything with this kid. LeBron's been way too patient with him and it hasn't developed into much. Fultz, I don't know what you even want me to say about him. I think Philly trades Fultz for a bag of chips. For Lonzo, they'd do it in a heartbeat. It's not a knock on Fultz at all. If he truly had a motorcycle accident, I understand. But reality is, he's been one of the worst players playing that many minutes. I think T.J. Mc. should be playing backup PG and Fultz should be sent to the D-League so he can find his game again. The dude is freaking jugglign the ball before he shoots a FT. He's literally trying ANYTHING at this point.

More-Than-Most
11-20-2018, 02:43 AM
Gun shy? How? He's shot the ball numerous times. Fultz has COMPLETELY abandoned his three point shot. Ball is still trying. Ball has definitely improved but I think this was just bad timing for him because he's been in/out of rotations. Lakers have been using him in p&r's with Bron and have been very successful. Look, I get the criticism of Lonzo but watching the Lakers play, Lonzo still has a lot of value he can add to this team. He's a great passer, intelligent ball-mover who knows the right passes to make for hockey assists, and his defense is far superior than what I thought.

He was guarding four different players in this one possession. He's capable of doing that. LeBron isn't stupid. He knows he himself doesn't play defense and when a guy like Lonzo is willing to do it and makes his game easier, it's a total bonus. When he gets the steal, LeBron was the beneficiary of Ball's defense. That's value. He will miss his three point shots but he's finding other ways to contribute and it shows up to those who are watching. Maybe not all the time but he's got potential to be a contributing factor.

Ingram's having a bad season, dude. Lakers are forcefeeding him the ball and have been giving Kuzma less touches now. Ingram isn't scoring the way Lakers expected. He's only got a midrange game. It would surprise you but in two seasons and this year so far, Ingram has only scored above 26 points, wait for it, one time. You would think a "scorer" like Ingram would be far more capable of doing much more. The reality is, it's time to accept who Ingram is. The mystique in his potential is gone. I'm sorry but I've seen enough. Lakers tried everything with this kid. LeBron's been way too patient with him and it hasn't developed into much. Fultz, I don't know what you even want me to say about him. I think Philly trades Fultz for a bag of chips. For Lonzo, they'd do it in a heartbeat. It's not a knock on Fultz at all. If he truly had a motorcycle accident, I understand. But reality is, he's been one of the worst players playing that many minutes. I think T.J. Mc. should be playing backup PG and Fultz should be sent to the D-League so he can find his game again. The dude is freaking jugglign the ball before he shoots a FT. He's literally trying ANYTHING at this point.

His defense isnt close to what it was last year and RPM shows that. He is still a plus defender but he is really bad everywhere else outside of vision... I am all for giving guys like him and fultz all the time in the world but its not good that everyone else is scoring and he isnt esp when you factor in how bad the team defense is and how its inflating others offensive output because of the bad defense but not his. I by no means will ever call a player a bust after 1 or 2 seasons... Hell I still think DLO is gonna be good. I just cant point the finger at ingram when ball right now is so much worse.

GREATNESS ONE
11-20-2018, 04:04 AM

Love the entire 1st part of your post, I can see why the frustration with BI but heís the youngest of the core, havenít given up on him yet completely..

More-Than-Most
11-20-2018, 06:01 AM
Wrong person. Edit my bad

More-Than-Most
11-20-2018, 06:02 AM

Also there is this... Try and justify this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peLo4jHCaDc

This is so bad its sad... He needs to fix his shot because this cant happen not from like 12 feet out. Ingram never looked this bad sorry. This is horrid and his shot misses a ton by a ton. You have a hard on for MAGIC and lebron and i get it but just stop. You cant sit here and argue against ingram and justify balls play... Ball has been horrid.

lakerfan85
11-20-2018, 08:31 AM
I agree with your entire post.

Spot on.

The Lakers system is the reason Ball canít shoot? Lmao!!

lakerfan85
11-20-2018, 08:35 AM
Go back and look at Lonzoís Last 6 games. Heís shooting like 23% from the floor.. He is easily the worst player of the Lakers Four young guys and itís not even close.. I guess it must be the system though..

IndyRealist
11-20-2018, 09:55 AM
Ingram is a scorer, Ball was never meant to be. Both are pretty terrible shooting the ball but that was never going to be Lonzo's game. Lonzo is closer to his Kidd comparison that Ingram is to Durant. Lonzo Ball all day over Ingram.

lakerfan85
11-20-2018, 10:24 AM
People that compared Ingram to Durant are idiots.. The only comparison between those two is their bodies and their length and size..

GREATNESS ONE
11-20-2018, 12:45 PM
Ingram is a scorer, Ball was never meant to be. Both are pretty terrible shooting the ball but that was never going to be Lonzo's game. Lonzo is closer to his Kidd comparison that Ingram is to Durant. Lonzo Ball all day over Ingram.

:nod: