PDA

View Full Version : Luka Doncic vs Kristaps Porzingis

Redrum187
11-15-2018, 09:12 AM
1.) Which player would you rather have as of this moment?
2.) Which player do you expect to be better/have the better career? How much better?
3.) If you were Durant, would you rather play in NY (bigger market) with KP (unknown how he'll play post-injury) and a mess of a front office or in Dallas with Luka and DSJ? (There are absolutely 0 rumors that I've heard Durant is even considering Dallas... I'm just curious what the majority of you think.)
4.) Both players play PF but I feel would be better utilized playing predominantly in different positions (Luka at SF and KP at C). What position would you like them to get the bulk of their minutes in?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-15-2018, 09:25 AM
I wouldn't rush it. Mavs and Knicks should be tanking for like 3 years and farm them lottery picks. Don't rush it.

R. Johnson#3
11-15-2018, 09:44 AM
Proz still needs to prove he can play a full season at a high level and/or without injury.

Tg11
11-15-2018, 10:18 AM
Doncic easily

FlashBolt
11-15-2018, 03:30 PM
1) Doncic
2) Doncic
3) NYK
4) KP fits at PF but because they lack a true center, he had to sub himself in. Luka should be rotating between PF and SF but the guy fits a lot of roles so I don't see that being a concern with him.

I'm not very high on KP right now. He's still injured and I didn't see any improvements from him last season. Seems like the same old player.

Tg11
11-15-2018, 03:37 PM
Doncic has more upside any way

Wrigheyes4MVP
11-15-2018, 03:40 PM
Doncic undoubtedly

Wrigheyes4MVP
11-15-2018, 03:41 PM
As for the Durant question... Dallas.

zn23
11-15-2018, 04:50 PM
Kristaps will always have the higher potential, he has higher potential than anyone from his draft class but I question if he'll ever reach that potential. I expect that he's also going to have durability issues at his size.

Someone like Doncic, with his IQ and his ability to force everyone to play at his pace, will likely translate to a longer and more successful career. So I'd take Luka.

Tg11
11-15-2018, 05:10 PM
Kristaps will always have the higher potential, he has higher potential than anyone from his draft class but I question if he'll ever reach that potential. I expect that he's also going to have durability issues at his size.

Someone like Doncic, with his IQ and his ability to force everyone to play at his pace, will likely translate to a longer and more successful career. So I'd take Luka.

Something we can agree on

Quinnsanity
11-15-2018, 06:14 PM
Even as a Knicks fan, man, Luka is so special and I'd take him over KP with fair ease especially when you factor in the health concerns already present with Porzingis and that are going to persist given his size. I would have traded Porzingis to Atlanta for the No. 3 pick last season without a second thought. I wouldn't have for Josh Jackson as was rumored in '17. I'm just that in love with Luka. I know exactly what he is to a contender. I really worry about what smart teams are going to do to a potentially physically compromised KP in the playoffs defensively down the line.

GREATNESS ONE
11-15-2018, 07:45 PM
RedRum!!!! What’s good my guy!?