PDA

View Full Version : What Does "KD" do in Free Agency?

Pages : [1] 2

COOLbeans
11-13-2018, 06:20 PM
Warriors have some drama.

Though insignificant, KD and Green's arguing from the bench spilled over into a team wide shouting matvh in the locker room after the Clippers beat the Warriors in OT.

The article below states, Green "confronted KD" about his FREE AGENCY. Do you think he leaves?

And if so where do you think he goes?

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/kevin-durant-confronted-by-draymond-green-about-free-agency-539906.html

COOLbeans
11-13-2018, 06:23 PM
Bottom line.

I think, Cousins is one of hell of an insurance policy. He'll be significantly cheaper than Durant's current contract, and if healthy, can be extremely dominant as well.

I'd hate to see him go, but the home grown boys (Curry, Klay, Green), are overwhelming favorites by the fans for staying in the Bay Area.

COOLbeans
11-13-2018, 06:24 PM
If Durant goes to play with Lebron in LA, then he will have the entire nation after him (Including the BAY). If he leaves, his best situation is going to Portland IMO.

They'd immediately be a 3 seed and he'd be their best player and still have a Steph Light PG in Lillard

Tg11
11-13-2018, 06:28 PM
If Durant goes to play with Lebron in LA, then he will have the entire nation after him (Including the BAY). If he leaves, his best situation is going to Portland IMO.

They'd immediately be a 3 seed and he'd be their best player and still have a Steph Light PG in Lillard

Durant to the Blazers I would definitely go for that...Durant, McCollum and Lillard is a pretty impressive Big 3

AllBall
11-13-2018, 06:29 PM
Isn't there already a 100 page thread on this?

Vinylman
11-13-2018, 06:37 PM
Bottom line.

I think, Cousins is one of hell of an insurance policy. He'll be significantly cheaper than Durant's current contract, and if healthy, can be extremely dominant as well.

I'd hate to see him go, but the home grown boys (Curry, Klay, Green), are overwhelming favorites by the fans for staying in the Bay Area.

lol ... Dubs fans starting to panic

fwiw… even if you renounce KD / Livingston the dubs will still be over the cap next summer...

Vinylman
11-13-2018, 06:39 PM
Durant to the Blazers I would definitely go for that...Durant, McCollum and Lillard is a pretty impressive Big 3

yep … CBA IQ lacking with this post

COOLbeans
11-13-2018, 06:51 PM
lol ... Dubs fans starting to panic

fwiw… even if you renounce KD / Livingston the dubs will still be over the cap next summer...

No panic at all

I don’t think the owners care if they’re over the cap if they’re WINNING championships. They have 44,000 people waiting on their list for season tickets. And now they’re charging people $100 just to get into the new building WITHOUT court access. $100 to sit at the bar and restaurant lol.

Money isn’t an issue since this team and arena are being built for the West Coast tech elite in addition die hard fans of the Warriors who will pay top dollar.

tredigs
11-13-2018, 06:51 PM
Blow it up!

COOLbeans
11-13-2018, 06:53 PM
Blow it up!

My Kings fan homey just texted me the same thing. Nik is that you?

tredigs
11-13-2018, 07:02 PM
No panic at all

I don’t think the owners care if they’re over the cap if they’re inning championships. They have 44,000 people waiting on their list for season tickets. And now they’re charging people $100 just to get into the new building WITHOUT court access. $100 to sit at the bar and restaurant lol.

Money isn’t an issue since this team and arena are being built for the West Coast tech elite in addition die hard fans of the Warriors who will pay top dollar.

Take a look at their real estate deal with Uber at the Chase Center. http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25218998/the-nba-real-estate-company-now

They're projecting to make $175-200 million a year as a team more at the Chase Center than in Oracle, and they leased out 55% of the billion dollar Chase Center real estate package to Uber and another real estate company. Money that will go solely to the owners (not revenue shared). They kept the other 45% of the real estate for themselves. They are going to be swimming in money like Scrooge McDuck, massive payroll + repeater tax or not.

LaVar Ball
11-13-2018, 07:11 PM
No panic at all

I don’t think the owners care if they’re over the cap if they’re WINNING championships. They have 44,000 people waiting on their list for season tickets. And now they’re charging people $100 just to get into the new building WITHOUT court access. $100 to sit at the bar and restaurant lol.

Welcome to the big leagues.

Lakers have been doing this for decades with their season ticket holders and with people on their waitlist. This isn’t anything new :laugh2:

COOLbeans
11-13-2018, 07:11 PM
Take a look at their real estate deal with Uber at the Chase Center. http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25218998/the-nba-real-estate-company-now

They're projecting to make $175-200 million a year as a team more at the Chase Center than in Oracle, and they leased out 55% of the billion dollar Chase Center real estate package to Uber and another real estate company. Money that will go solely to the owners (not revenue shared). They kept the other 45% of the real estate for themselves. They are going to be swimming in money like Scrooge McDuck, massive payroll + repeater tax or not.

Holy spicolis. Yea, when it comes to the on court stuff, I think they just wanna win. The money is already there :nod:

valade16
11-13-2018, 07:12 PM

As a Blazer fan I would obviously love KD in Portland but it has literally 0% chance of happening. Portland is over the cap and there's no way any team would trade for our higher salaried players to lose KD.

GS would rather him walk for nothing that trade him for Evan Turner, Mo Harkless and Meyers Leonard lol

COOLbeans
11-13-2018, 07:14 PM
Welcome to the big leagues.

Lakers have been doing this for decades with this season ticket holders and with people on their waitlist. This isn’t anything new :laugh2:

Cant take away from the Lakers. Though when I lived down there (late Kobe era), I went to more Lakers games then Warriors since being back in the BAY for a few years. And Im a life long Warriors fan.

(Warriors tickets are massively more expensive for Level 100 tickets) :nod:

GREATNESS ONE
11-13-2018, 07:26 PM
KD to the Lakers.

Vinylman
11-13-2018, 07:36 PM
No panic at all

none of that has anything to do with fielding the best team... you sound like the pitch man for the Barclays Center

Saddletramp
11-13-2018, 07:40 PM

Durant broke the league for a few years.....the organization broke the league for decades.

The NBA really needs a luxury tax cap or teams like Memphis and Indianapolis should just fold.

Scoots
11-13-2018, 09:01 PM
none of that has anything to do with fielding the best team... you sound like the pitch man for the Barclays Center

It has to do with the Warriors team making money even with the rising tax bill, and the Warriors can pay more than any other team and KD said it's about the money with his next contract.

KD is very likely to be a Warrior next year, along with Klay.

GREATNESS ONE
11-13-2018, 09:54 PM
100% KD is leaving

Raps08-09 Champ
11-13-2018, 10:41 PM
Lakers.

cmellofan15
11-13-2018, 10:49 PM
The whole situation from last game is hilarious.

-Draymond being a dumb *** and dribbling into his leg trying to save the day.
-The walking yeast infection calling him out for it and THEN getting put in his place.
-And the icing on the cake, Dray getting suspended for hurting KD's feelings in his contract year.

I don't think this will mean much come contract negotiations but damn is it telling that even KD's teammates know he's a *****.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-13-2018, 10:57 PM
^

This is Draymond's fault. Draymond that arrogant to deny making a mistake? Lol.

Saddletramp
11-13-2018, 10:58 PM
The whole situation from last game is hilarious.

-Draymond being a dumb *** and dribbling into his leg trying to save the day.
-The walking yeast infection calling him out for it and THEN getting put in his place.
-And the icing on the cake, Dray getting suspended for hurting KD's feelings in his contract year.

I don't think this will mean much come contract negotiations but damn is it telling that even KD's teammates know he's a *****.

Nothing new. Myers basically called Durant a snake to his face.

COOLbeans
11-14-2018, 12:07 AM
It has to do with the Warriors team making money even with the rising tax bill, and the Warriors can pay more than any other team and KD said it's about the money with his next contract.

Lacob and Guber bought the team for $450MM lol

FlashBolt
11-14-2018, 12:44 AM
Draymond has gotten really overrated. He can't shoot anymore and considering he's regarded as a "playmaker" on the team, he sure as hell turns the ball over a lot for someone who has snipers at every angle of the court. If not for the Warriors, we would be looking at Draymond completely different. Dude should be VERY thankful he ended up on a team where he's been able to do fill in the missing pieces without having to worry about everything else. And it's funny that even those who dislike Durant will defend him here because Draymond is that much of an idiot. I think KD's going to the Lakers. Draymond mocking Durant about free agency is laughable. The dude came to your franchise and pretty much guaranteed you will win a title. You're the one who ran out to the parking lot and called him after LeBron and Kyrie drilled the nail into the coffin. He sure as hell has a big mouth for someone who isn't even remotely in the same category as Curry or Durant.

COOLbeans
11-14-2018, 12:49 AM
^ he’s an elite player on the best team ever lol

LaVar Ball
11-14-2018, 02:00 AM

lol why bring up the 95-96 bulls in this thread like that?

bit off topic don't ya think?

TrueFan420
11-14-2018, 02:12 AM
KD to the Lakers.
Melo to the Lakers is far more likely

GREATNESS ONE
11-14-2018, 02:19 AM
Melo to the Lakers is far more likely

Enjoy it while it last my guy! The ride is almost over, KD has a foot out the door already. Only way I can see you guys keeping him is if you trade Draymond Green.

TrueFan420
11-14-2018, 02:22 AM
Green is very very good player (deserving all star) but it could def be argued that he's become overrated. Yes he's one of the best defenders and his competitive nature and drive has played a huge part in the team. However, his shooting has regressed and he really hasn't gotten better on the ball. I was hoping he'd learn to post up a little bit with how often he gets a mismatch down low but his only go to is drop the shoulder. He's got good vision but his handles can be sloppy at times. He's been instrumental and irreplaceable at times but I got no issue with the argument that hes gone from underrated to overrated.

FlashBolt
11-14-2018, 02:39 AM

-Shooting sucks.
-For a team with that many shooters and the amount of touches he gets in the elbow, he should have a much more impressive AST/TO ratio. Instead, he's at a point where his passing is extremely overrated because he can't do it when a guy like Stephen Curry is not on the court running about. He played 43 minutes vs the Clippers the other night. Did you see any ability to create plays for his team at an elite level?
-Rebounding is meh. I won't hold it against him since he serves a different purpose out there and is undersized but let's be honest here, he isn't a great rebounder.
-Scoring... yeah, we don't need to touch on this subject. He's not capable of scoring consistently, period. He'll have a good night here or there but it's one of those rare games such as the one he had vs Cleveland in the Finals game 7.
-Defense is what he deserves the most credit for and he's filled that gap for the Warriors very well but that makes him an elite defender and not an elite player. Elite player, how? Is a guy like Roberson an elite player because he can play defense? Because looking at Green, he's taken a regression as a player. He's not worth the max and if I am the Warriors, I let him test the market and see what he gets. He's a $20 million player in today's market.

Mave1002
11-14-2018, 04:22 AM
KD simply says I'm headed to the Lakers to team up with Lebron James, Rajon Rondo, the rim protectors and the youth core of Ingram/Ball/Kuzma/Hart.

Fresh team. Less complications.

Then again, unless the Warriors trade away Dray Green along with the contracts of Livingston and Iggy in order to keep the big three together. Which won't be very difficult to do.

ewing
11-14-2018, 07:52 AM
Knicks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-14-2018, 08:14 AM
If KD and Green not getting a long. It will be a long season winning or not. Warriors cave and trade Green to keep KD happy till next summer? Or chance it and cash in on KD now since his pending free agency is up in the air? Also sounds like Warriors owe $40M yet for a lease at the old arena. They thought they could get out of the lease.

mightybosstone
11-14-2018, 08:33 AM
Bottom line.

Except he's not. They don't have his Bird rights, and there's zero chance for them to get under the cap. So unless he signs for the taxpayer MLE (which I don't even know if the Warriors will have), he will be gone.

mightybosstone
11-14-2018, 08:37 AM
If KD and Green not getting a long. It will be a long season winning or not. Warriors cave and trade Green to keep KD happy till next summer? Or chance it and cash in on KD now since his pending free agency is up in the air? Also sounds like Warriors owe $40M yet for a lease at the old arena. They thought they could get out of the lease.

As crazy as it sounds, I kinda think they can afford to lose Durant before they can afford to lose Green. They won 72 games without Durant, and they can score in boatloads without him. But how many guys in the league can defend 5 positions at an elite level and run your offense at times? Without Green, I think the Warriors dynasty would end in a hurry.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-14-2018, 08:48 AM
Warriors I think are wearing down. When Bucks beat them. Curry looked hung over and not interested before the injury. If the splash brothers aren't raining threes that team is very thin for bench pieces as well. Iggy has a ton of miles on him. Yeah Warriors can afford to pay everyone. But I think that team is starting to age. KD is a bit over rated. If he walks to Lakers or where ever big deal. He will ride LeBron's coat tails. Warriors just wanna skip regular season and be in the playoffs. Seems they're sleeping walking through most of the games. Yeah there awesome and winning. But I think their championship window is slightly closing.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-14-2018, 10:19 AM

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-14-2018, 10:26 AM

Hawkeye15
11-14-2018, 10:29 AM

I used to think Green was difficult to replace, but of the 4 all stars they currently play (5th will join eventually), he might be the most replaceable of the bunch at this point. He clearly thinks he is better than he is.

As for the thread, who cares. Durant jacked the league up for 3 years, hopefully he leaves, but who honestly cares unless you have a team that is a level below the Dubs right now.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-14-2018, 10:30 AM

Vinylman
11-14-2018, 10:40 AM

I have no idea what will happen with FA... what I do know is that financial models fall apart when teams start losing... the idea that the GSW are going to be a long term gold mine is laughable... you sound like a bulls fan in the 1990s.

You don't have a lot of margin for error now because there isn't going to be some big leap in the cap that benefits guys like the Dubs again...

Like I said... if KD leaves you are still capped out with only KT's cap hold … You don't have Bird Rights on Cousins either... re-signing KD is paramount and if he leaves it can fall apart real fast especially if they sign KT to a max

COOLbeans
11-14-2018, 11:13 AM
^ you can so hope.

Warriors have a culture of winning and these guys wanna play in the Bay Area. No place like it from a basketball standpoint They won without Durant before, not sure it’s absolute paramount that they can’t again.

(I like Lebron’s Cleveland team better than this Lakers squad)

They do need some young blood though and a gifted scorer and a defender coming off the bench to replace Iggy in a few years.

COOLbeans
11-14-2018, 11:15 AM
I used to think Green was difficult to replace, but of the 4 all stars they currently play (5th will join eventually), he might be the most replaceable of the bunch at this point. He clearly thinks he is better than he is.

As for the thread, who cares. Durant jacked the league up for 3 years, hopefully he leaves, but who honestly cares unless you have a team that is a level below the Dubs right now.

Take him off and they lose their vocal alpha leader, playmaker and all team defender.

LaVar Ball
11-14-2018, 11:20 AM
I hope he goes back to OKC

Hawkeye15
11-14-2018, 11:23 AM
Take him off and they lose their vocal alpha leader, playmaker and all team defender.

I mean he is replaceable. And unfortunately man, you won't be able to keep the band together forever. That much talent is impossible to keep satisfied forever financially. So, look at it this way-of the big 4, who is going? Cause a choice will be made eventually. The easy answer is Klay, but I am not so sure Green isn't the odd man out at some point. He isn't worth a zillion dollars either.

COOLbeans
11-14-2018, 11:32 AM
I mean he is replaceable. And unfortunately man, you won't be able to keep the band together forever. That much talent is impossible to keep satisfied forever financially. So, look at it this way-of the big 4, who is going? Cause a choice will be made eventually. The easy answer is Klay, but I am not so sure Green isn't the odd man out at some point. He isn't worth a zillion dollars either.

If Durant doesn’t want to play with Green then Green is the odd man out.

Thompson will be a Warrior for life. Book it. He’s loved here, not just by the fans but by Steph and the media as well. And from a talent standpoint, I’m taking Klay over Green. Green isn’t replaceable but some of his skills are.

But it’s his toughness and grit that really makes him special and I think he brings that out of the guys who would otherwise be kind and wholesome young men.

He makes the guys tough and he’s an all star too

Tg11
11-14-2018, 11:52 AM
Durant is on his way out he's the odd man out...because Draymond more or less is the heart and soul of the team when it comes to defense and overall grit

GREATNESS ONE
11-14-2018, 11:53 AM
Durant is on his way out he's the odd man out...because Draymond more or less is the heart and soul of the team when it comes to defense and overall grit

:hope: please please let this happen..

tredigs
11-14-2018, 11:54 AM
I don't know, I think they should keep everyone and sign a few more All Stars to the vet min for the bench so we actually have a competent team to practice against.

Hawkeye15
11-14-2018, 11:56 AM
If Durant doesn’t want to play with Green then Green is the odd man out.

Thompson will be a Warrior for life. Book it. He’s loved here, not just by the fans but by Steph and the media as well. And from a talent standpoint, I’m taking Klay over Green. Green isn’t replaceable but some of his skills are.

But it’s his toughness and grit that really makes him special and I think he brings that out of the guys who would otherwise be kind and wholesome young men.

He makes the guys tough and he’s an all star too

I don't disagree with you at all. I only mean, someone will need to go. But, there are worse things that 3 rings and worrying about which one of your multiple HOFers won't make the cut..

Tg11
11-14-2018, 11:57 AM
That ain't happenin cuz Golden State be over the luxury tax y'all be over the salary cap...and no way you can keep Durant, Klay and Draymond especially if Durant wants max dollars but so does Klay and Draymond and ain't none of them taking pay cuts to make that happen so someone is on their way out

LaVar Ball
11-14-2018, 12:00 PM
:hope: please please let this happen..

KD on the Lakers is so weird man. I’m sure it could happen but his soft *** bipolar passive aggressive persona on the team is gonna suck.

IKnowHoops
11-14-2018, 12:04 PM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2805990-warriors-player-no-way-kevin-durant-re-signs-after-draymond-green-altercation

Draymond finally proving his value

LaVar Ball
11-14-2018, 12:12 PM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2805990-warriors-player-no-way-kevin-durant-re-signs-after-draymond-green-altercation

Draymond finally proving his value

Honestly, KD is a *****hhh

Yes the Warriors franchise got 2 more chips because of the 2x finals MVP, but the Warriors had already won a championship and were a minute a way from winning a second championship without Kevin Durant.

Kevin Durant should be thankful to the Dubs organization cuz he didn't win jack **** in OKC.

KD needs the Warriors more than the Warriors need him. KD got to play on a team oriented basketball culture. Before the Warriors, he didn't know that even existed.

Soft as *****

COOLbeans
11-14-2018, 12:15 PM
That ain't happenin cuz Golden State be over the luxury tax y'all be over the salary cap...and no way you can keep Durant, Klay and Draymond especially if Durant wants max dollars but so does Klay and Draymond and ain't none of them taking pay cuts to make that happen so someone is on their way out

I would be shocked if Thompson or Green get anything close to a max.

$25MM-$29MM is a huge raise for both of those guys. Plus they have other stuff going on in terms of endorsements.

Tg11
11-14-2018, 12:23 PM
I would be shocked if Thompson or Green get anything close to a max.

$25MM-$29MM is a huge raise for both of those guys. Plus they have other stuff going on in terms of endorsements.

Exactly and both guys are going to want max money and you are gonna have to pay both guys which means Durant is on his way out

Tg11
11-14-2018, 12:25 PM

Yes the Warriors franchise got 2 more chips because of the 2x finals MVP, but the Warriors had already won a championship and were a minute a way from winning a second championship without Kevin Durant.

Kevin Durant should be thankful to the Dubs organization cuz he didn't win jack **** in OKC.

KD needs the Warriors more than the Warriors need him. KD got to play on a team oriented basketball culture. Before the Warriors, he didn't know that even existed.

Soft as *****

Couldn't have said it any better...Durant is gonna leave GS

AllBall
11-14-2018, 12:31 PM

lol, screw all that intangible heart and soul of team oh won't someone please think of the children garbage.

This is business.

I'd pick KD over Green 100 times out of 100.

Green can be replaced. He's over hyped to begin with. I'm sure it's hard for those outside of that fanbase to see that.

tredigs
11-14-2018, 12:33 PM
Most Warriors insiders (Thompson included) and fans are expecting this to be KD's last year. Way before Draymond called him a ***** 26 times. But yeah that probably did not help if that was their goal :laugh:

It will be back to the Splash Brothers + Draymond and company. Works for me.

Tg11
11-14-2018, 12:33 PM
Then who you replace Green with? Boogie who is not even close to being 100 percent...while Draymond is healthy and all the stuff Boogie can do Draymond could do

Tg11
11-14-2018, 12:35 PM
Most Warriors insiders (Thompson included) and fans are expecting this to be KD's last year. Way before Draymond called him a ***** 26 times. But yeah that probably did not help if that was their goal :laugh:

Yeah the Warriors don't need KD...if anything KD needs the Warriors more than they need him

tredigs
11-14-2018, 12:39 PM
lol, screw all that intangible heart and soul of team oh won't someone please think of the children garbage.

This is business.

I'd pick KD over Green 100 times out of 100.

Green can be replaced. He's over hyped to begin with. I'm sure it's hard for those outside of that fanbase to see that.
Lol actually no, it's not that easy to replace a DPOY forward who can guard the opposing center in the block and effectively switch on to the opposing PG on the same possession. His length, strength, tenacity and Defensive BBIQ are a huge reason why the Warriors are so formidable on both ends. Losing him would be a huge, huge blow for them. Granted, I'm not shocked that casual fans from outside fanbases (who often view him with a taste of hate in their mouth) are blind to this fact.

COOLbeans
11-14-2018, 12:39 PM
Exactly and both guys are going to want max money and you are gonna have to pay both guys which means Durant is on his way out

That’s not the max. And they won’t get the max.

tredigs
11-14-2018, 12:42 PM
That’s not the max. And they won’t get the max.

Make no mistake, they could absolutely demand the max. Not the "supermax" and they won't qualify unless Draymond wins DPOY again, but their max? Of course that's a real possibility.

LaVar Ball
11-14-2018, 12:44 PM
Warriors should trade KD to the Pelicans for AD at the trade deadline :laugh2:

Heediot
11-14-2018, 12:44 PM
**** kd that ***** *** *****.

trade him for some depth and be back to how y'all was.

COOLbeans
11-14-2018, 12:47 PM
Make no mistake, they could absolutely demand the max. Not the "supermax" and they won't qualify unless Draymond wins DPOY again, but their max? Of course that's a real possibility.

That makes the team worse. If they ask for say $5-7MM more, what is that after taxes? Not that much considering what they’re making just to win championships in the Bay.

If they ask for their max, this hurts the team and it would be about ego rather than winning. I’d be shocked if they can’t work something out.

Tg11
11-14-2018, 12:49 PM
Lol actually no, it's not that easy to replace a DPOY forward who can guard the opposing center in the block and effectively switch on to the opposing PG on the same possession. His length, strength, tenacity and Defensive BBIQ are a huge reason why the Warriors are so formidable on both ends. Losing him would be a huge, huge blow for them. Granted, I'm not shocked that casual fans from outside fanbases (who often view him with a taste of hate in their mouth) are blind to this fact.

Draymond is more integral to their success than KD

Tg11
11-14-2018, 12:50 PM
Durant is gonna end up on the Lakers, Celtics, Knicks or Wizards or Heat

Heediot
11-14-2018, 12:51 PM
KD to Denver for Gary Harris, MPJ, Miles and 2 Firsts.

tredigs
11-14-2018, 12:56 PM
That makes the team worse. If they ask for say $5-7MM more, what is that after taxes? Not that much considering what they’re making just to win championships in the Bay.

If they ask for their max, this hurts the team and it would be about ego rather than winning. I’d be shocked if they can’t work something out.

Because by and large that is how it works dude. It's not on them to figure out how to best save money for the owners (who are and will continue to be generating it at historical levels).

@tg, agreed.

COOLbeans
11-14-2018, 12:58 PM
Because by and large that is how it works dude. It's not on them to figure out how to best save money for the owners (who are and will continue to be generating it at historical levels).

@tg, agreed.

Yea I see your point. Thank goodness there’s no hard cap on the tax. Otherwise there could be problems. Billionaire money isn’t really a concern for me.

For some reason they can’t shore up their bench though.

COOLbeans
11-14-2018, 12:59 PM
KD to Denver for Gary Harris, MPJ, Miles and 2 Firsts.

I’d entertain it if I knew without a doubt Durant was gone.

Chronz
11-14-2018, 01:11 PM
My prayers have been answered, thank you sweet prince, he should've known he couldn't turn kd into a man. The league is almost back yall

Tg11
11-14-2018, 01:13 PM
I’d entertain it if I knew without a doubt Durant was gone.

I would trade KD to the Miami Heat for Whiteside, Winslow, 2 1st round picks and Ellington

Hawkeye15
11-14-2018, 01:13 PM
My prayers have been answered, thank you sweet prince, he should've known he couldn't turn kd into a man. The league is almost back yall

yeah minus KD, I would imagine the Warriors are still Vegas favorites, but at least it opens it back up for other teams to compete. Where he goes, will likely be a bad team with space, so whatever. Barring Durant lifting a team to great heights, his legacy is so filled with pathetic context he won't rise into the top 15 ever for me regardless.

Tg11
11-14-2018, 01:17 PM
yeah minus KD, I would imagine the Warriors are still Vegas favorites, but at least it opens it back up for other teams to compete. Where he goes, will likely be a bad team with space, so whatever. Barring Durant lifting a team to great heights, his legacy is so filled with pathetic context he won't rise into the top 15 ever for me regardless.

Unless he were to go back to Oklahoma much like LeBron did when he left the Heat to go back to the Cavs; if KD went back to the Thunder and won a championship with Russ and George and company then how would y'all feel about him then?

GREATNESS ONE
11-14-2018, 01:22 PM
KD on the Lakers is so weird man. I’m sure it could happen but his soft *** bipolar passive aggressive persona on the team is gonna suck.

Hawkeye15
11-14-2018, 01:23 PM
Unless he were to go back to Oklahoma much like LeBron did when he left the Heat to go back to the Cavs; if KD went back to the Thunder and won a championship with Russ and George and company then how would y'all feel about him then?

how on earth are they signing Durant with no money?

Its the Nets, Knicks, Clips, that is likely his landing spot

In theory, it's not like LeBron. LeBron didn't leave an MVP behind, he left a bunch of crap behind. Durant left a great team to join an all time team. Nothing he can do but lead a team as the far and away #1 to new heights will salvage his legacy for me personally.

GREATNESS ONE
11-14-2018, 01:24 PM
KD & Lebron teaming up as one of the best duo’s of all time to take the Lakers to 2 Championships, passing the Celtics would do wonders for his career and legacy.

LAL vs GS

Would be must see TV :nod:

smith&wesson
I think LeBron and Durant have already made plans to team up

GREATNESS ONE

Say it with me now..... slowly.... “Los Angeles Lakers”

Hawkeye15
11-14-2018, 01:25 PM
Say it with me now..... slowly.... “Los Angeles Lakers”

why? He aint going there

GREATNESS ONE
11-14-2018, 01:27 PM

:nod:

https://youtu.be/XFLQBUDa0uw

GREATNESS ONE
11-14-2018, 01:28 PM
why? He aint going there

:)

This sounds like last year “Lebron would never go to the Lakers by himself”

smith&wesson
11-14-2018, 01:30 PM

In theory, it's not like LeBron. LeBron didn't leave an MVP behind, he left a bunch of crap behind. Durant left a great team to join an all time team. Nothing he can do but lead a team as the far and away #1 to new heights will salvage his legacy for me personally.

Why on earth would Durant leave the situation he’s in to join the Clippers ? The allure of playing with Lou Williams and Patrick Beverly must be really enticing lol Nets Knicks?

Durant left WB to go chase championships. He’s not gonna go to any of those teams and head a full on rebuild to finish out his career.

Regardless of what reporters are being paid to put out there for the L.A. and New York markets Durant is the type of dude that will put himself in the best situation to win and get paid. The teams you mentioned can only offer him one of those things.

Heediot
11-14-2018, 01:31 PM

two soft *** suckas signing together wouldn't be surprising.

i think Bron is on the decline, if I was a marquee guy, I'd think twice about linking up with an aging bron at his payrate. ust me though. he could blow up in the playoffs again though lol.

smith&wesson
11-14-2018, 01:33 PM
why? He aint going there

I think he is. It makes a lot of sense to do so. He would get his pay day, a chance to win, and will team up with the other infamous sell out and won’t be the sole attention of criticism for his off season decisions.

Heediot
11-14-2018, 01:33 PM
Why on earth would Durant leave the situation he’s in to join the Clippers ? The allure of playing with Lou Williams and Patrick Beverly must be really enticing lol Nets Knicks?

Durant left WB to go chase championships. He’s not gonna go to any of those teams and head a full on rebuild to finish out his career.

Regardless of what reporters are being paid to put out there for the L.A. and New York markets Durant is the type of dude that will put himself in the best situation to win and get paid. The teams you mentioned can only offer him one of those things.

if knicks get zion, kp returns, that would be a lethat front court. with knox off the bench.

with lac, they have roster flexibility to make moves and jerry west.

if you could win a title with iether franchise, people will forgive him for the gs thing.

smith&wesson
11-14-2018, 01:36 PM
two soft *** suckas signing together wouldn't be surprising.

i think Bron is on the decline, if I was a marquee guy, I'd think twice about linking up with an aging bron at his payrate. ust me though. he could blow up in the playoffs again though lol.

LeBron isnt declining. He’s just on a **** team that isn’t going anywhere this year and he knows that.Even a declining LeBron would still be a top 5-10 player for the next 4 years or so.

And you gotta think, a Lebron and Durant duo would be better than most big 3 pairings.

Switch
11-14-2018, 01:40 PM

This sounds like last year “Lebron would never go to the Lakers by himself”Very true

Durant does have a home in LA and spends his off seasons there. He can very much pull a LeBron and settle there. Plus they become instant contenders so he will still get his wins

smith&wesson
11-14-2018, 01:41 PM
if knicks get zion, kp returns, that would be a lethat front court. with knox off the bench.

if you could win a title with iether franchise, people will forgive him for the gs thing.

I’m not sold on the Clippers doing anything. It’s the Clippers.. if you follow their history you’ll see that aside from being in LA they are basically the twolves and kings in terms of having success in the last 30 years. The Chris Paul era was the closest they’ve been to being relevant in that span of time.

Ppl want to believe Kawhi and Durant etc will sign there but deep down I don’t think anyone truly believes it, as it is extremely far fetched. Especially since the other LA team has money to spend to and they have LeBron now. Not many in their right minds will go to the B team in LA if they have a chance to go to the A team but that’s just my opinion

Switch
11-14-2018, 01:43 PM
I think LeBron and Durant have already made plans to team upI got the same feeling when LeBron signed with LA. I think they have a verbal agreement to team up in LA.

AllBall
11-14-2018, 01:44 PM
Then who you replace Green with? Boogie who is not even close to being 100 percent...while Draymond is healthy and all the stuff Boogie can do Draymond could do

This is the most stacked team in history. They can get someone off the buyout market and toss him in there and they're still favored to win it all.

Heediot
11-14-2018, 01:45 PM
LeBron isnt declining. He’s just on a **** team that isn’t going anywhere this year and he knows that.Even a declining LeBron would still be a top 5-10 player for the next 4 years or so.

And you gotta think, a Lebron and Durant duo would be better than most big 3 pairings.

lebron played like a god in the playoffs, but father time catches up to everyone. yeah offensively he'll still be a top player, but defensively it's going downhill...

maybe opposite of duncan who aged well on d and declined on O, lebron ages well on O and declines on d. the difference is timmy sacrificed mad cheddar and took up like less then 10 percent of the cap whereas bron is taking up 1/3 of the cap lol...

i think if bron shows decline in the playoffs it will scare some guys away, i hope so kl can stay in toronto lol.

smith&wesson
11-14-2018, 01:45 PM
Very true

Durant does have a home in LA and spends his off seasons there. He can very much pull a LeBron and settle there. Plus they become instant contenders so he will still get his wins

Exactly this.. aanddd Durant won’t ever have to worry about facing scrutiny as he will be teaming up with LeBron who represents the epitome of leaving for greener pastures. It will perceived as “oh Durant and LeBron teamed up? No surprise there that’s what they do”

it will just be like oh ok shoulda saw that coming.

COOLbeans
11-14-2018, 01:46 PM
we need lolphillies to come back as lollakers.

These homers are hilarious. Durant to GS to play with Steph bad. Durant to LA to play with Lebron :jumpy: You can have him if he wants to leave. Im with Green on this one. Dude's being dramatic AF with his option.

smith&wesson
11-14-2018, 01:48 PM
we need lolphillies to come back as lollakers.

These homers are hilarious. Durant to GS to play with Steph bad. Durant to LA to play with Lebron :jumpy: You can have him if he wants to leave. Im with Green on this one. Dude's being dramatic AF with his option.

If I was a warriors fan I would hope they trade Green to keep Durant and just resign Cousins.

Green is not nearly as important as Durant is and 10x easier to replace

COOLbeans
11-14-2018, 01:50 PM
If I was a warriors fan I would hope they trade Green to keep Durant and just resign Cousins.

I mean yea, that's the smart thing to do if Durant signs long term as the trade is going down. Not sure if KD is that big of a ***** though. We'll have to see :confused:

Heediot
11-14-2018, 01:51 PM

Green's iq, grit, leadership and intangibles are one of the all time best imo. His defense and playmaking at the 4-5 is at an alltime level too. Durant better but what Green brings isn't easy to replace.

Tg11
11-14-2018, 01:54 PM

Personally I would keep Draymond over Durant but that's just me. However, business wise to win titles I would keep Durant by trading Draymond and resigning Boogie. Business wise it is a good move but Draymond has been a Warrior his whole career and defensively as a team he makes them better. Take that away and what do you have? Yeah offensively you are still the threat in the NBA but defensively y'all take a major hit especially if Draymond leaves and there is no guarantee DeMarcus stays.

Heediot
11-14-2018, 01:56 PM
Personally I would keep Draymond over Durant but that's just me. However, business wise to win titles I would keep Durant by trading Draymond and resigning Boogie. Business wise it is a good move but Draymond has been a Warrior his whole career and defensively as a team he makes them better. Take that away and what do you have? Yeah offensively you are still the threat in the NBA but defensively y'all take a major hit especially if Draymond leaves and there is no guarantee DeMarcus stays.

dmc has to take a discount again if he wants to stay, they don't have his bird rights.

Tg11
11-14-2018, 01:58 PM
dmc has to take a discount again if he wants to stay, they don't have his bird rights.

Exactly but DeMarcus I know is gonna want big money even though he took a discount and if any team offers him a fatter contract he will leave Golden State

COOLbeans
11-14-2018, 02:01 PM
Exactly but DeMarcus I know is gonna want big money even though he took a discount and if any team offers him a fatter contract he will leave Golden State

I think Boogie's going to enjoy playing on the big stage. He's already showing some leadership qualities and seems to have ingratiated himself into team chemistry despite not playing a game.

I'd keep Cousins and Green over Durant as well. The way he's playing his free agency is abhorrent and not good for team morale.

Tg11
11-14-2018, 02:40 PM
I think Boogie's going to enjoy playing on the big stage. He's already showing some leadership qualities and seems to have ingratiated himself into team chemistry despite not playing a game.

I'd keep Cousins and Green over Durant as well. The way he's playing his free agency is abhorrent and not good for team morale.

Which is why I said personally I would keep Draymond and Cousins if I really had to make a front office decision which means getting rid of Durant but business wise GSW management is obviously gonna want to keep Durant

Chronz
11-14-2018, 02:43 PM

His hollow rings are just fluff, he knows this but all it takes is a new narrative and he has the talent. At the end of his career he might earn a ring and that resume looks great

kdspurman
11-14-2018, 02:45 PM
His hollow rings are just fluff, he knows this but all it takes is a new narrative and he has the talent. At the end of his career he might earn a ring and that resume looks great

Him going to the Clips would be something :hide:

smith&wesson
11-14-2018, 02:46 PM
Green's iq, grit, leadership and intangibles are one of the all time best imo. His defense and playmaking at the 4-5 is at an alltime level too. Durant better but what Green brings isn't easy to replace.

Durant is 5 times the player Green will ever be

Tg11

Yeah winning rings on a team who was already winning titles before he even got there does nothing for his legacy unless he goes to another team and proves that he can win with that team then KD would at least earn some respect back

valade16

Yeah his legacy isn't going to look great if he leaves GS and never wins another ring (and it gets even worse for him if GS continues winning rings once he leaves).

Tg11
11-14-2018, 02:48 PM
Yeah his legacy isn't going to look great if he leaves GS and never wins another ring (and it gets even worse for him if GS continues winning rings once he leaves).

Or he wins with the team he ends up going to then that helps KDs legacy

smith&wesson
11-14-2018, 02:55 PM
lebron played like a god in the playoffs, but father time catches up to everyone. yeah offensively he'll still be a top player, but defensively it's going downhill...

maybe opposite of duncan who aged well on d and declined on O, lebron ages well on O and declines on d. the difference is timmy sacrificed mad cheddar and took up like less then 10 percent of the cap whereas bron is taking up 1/3 of the cap lol...

i think if bron shows decline in the playoffs it will scare some guys away, i hope so kl can stay in toronto lol.

You just said it, he played like a god in the playoffs just a few months ago. And his numbers this year don’t show any hint of him declining at all. His steals and blocks are pretty much on par with the his averages over the last 5 years.

Even when he joined the heat there was an adjustment period. He’s on a young team where he knows it will be difficult to compete this year so it will be hard for him to get motivated for this season but aside from that his numbers don’t suggest any sort of decline.

Timmy declined when Parker and Gino could still carry the team and then they had Leonard so Timmy could take on a lesser role in the same system he helped build with pop. LeBron is on a new team where he has to carry the team and with an unproven coach in a new system. Also I think Duncan was older when he really declined. The comparison isn’t that accurate imo.

smith&wesson
11-14-2018, 02:59 PM

I understand that Draymond is crucial to team defence but KD is a generational talent. In reality KD will probably be the one that leaves between the two.

Vinylman
11-14-2018, 03:01 PM
^ you can so hope.

Warriors have a culture of winning and these guys wanna play in the Bay Area. No place like it from a basketball standpoint They won without Durant before, not sure it’s absolute paramount that they can’t again.

(I like Lebron’s Cleveland team better than this Lakers squad)

They do need some young blood though and a gifted scorer and a defender coming off the bench to replace Iggy in a few years.

its cool … you are a fan... I get it … unfortunately, you don't seem to understand the cap which is why you really don't understand how much trouble the Dubs are in if KD leaves

tredigs
11-14-2018, 03:04 PM
its cool … you are a fan... I get it … unfortunately, you don't seem to understand the cap which is why you really don't understand how much trouble the Dubs are in if KD leaves

"How much trouble" is a funny way to put it. Meaning they won't be prohibitive favorites? Who cares? They've had massive success as is. It's been icing on the cake for years and I guarantee with Curry at the helm and at LEAST one of Klay/Draymond/KD, they're going to be a damn formidable team for years to come. It's really all about Curry, then everyone else, and they have the Golden Goose signed long term. Heading into the new Chase center (which looks like something out of a CGI movie from the future) with elite management/coaching, rest assure, they're going to be just fine.

MarkieMark48
11-14-2018, 03:08 PM
This is the most stacked team in history. They can get someone off the buyout market and toss him in there and they're still favored to win it all.

This...

Vinylman
11-14-2018, 03:08 PM

Soft as *****

wrong wrong wrong… KD is why they are winning... delude yourself all you want … Houston cleans the Dubs clocks last year if you replace KD with Harrison barnes.

This myth that the dubs were invincible without Her is laughable

nastynice
11-14-2018, 03:09 PM
Green is very very good player (deserving all star) but it could def be argued that he's become overrated. Yes he's one of the best defenders and his competitive nature and drive has played a huge part in the team. However, his shooting has regressed and he really hasn't gotten better on the ball. I was hoping he'd learn to post up a little bit with how often he gets a mismatch down low but his only go to is drop the shoulder. He's got good vision but his handles can be sloppy at times. He's been instrumental and irreplaceable at times but I got no issue with the argument that hes gone from underrated to overrated.

Greens iq is stupid high tho. If you look at bell and Jones at first glance they'd almost seem very interchangeable with green, but greens iq sets him apart.

Hawkeye15
11-14-2018, 03:11 PM

This sounds like last year “Lebron would never go to the Lakers by himself”

I never said LeBron wouldn't go to the Lakers. His home is there, his kids go to school there, it was the obvious choice.

But no way Durant goes there.

Hawkeye15
11-14-2018, 03:12 PM

he has won though. Time to get paid.

nastynice
11-14-2018, 03:12 PM

Splash cousins!!

https://adaptclothing.com/products/splash-cousins-mens-black-tee

tredigs
11-14-2018, 03:13 PM
wrong wrong wrong… KD is why they are winning... delude yourself all you want … Houston cleans the Dubs clocks last year if you replace KD with Harrison barnes.

They're 26-1 without KD and with Curry the last 3 years. KD is what puts them clearly above everyone. But as any objective, clear headed person knows, they had/have all the pieces to be the most dominant team in the league as is. As great as the Rockets were, thinking the Warriors are not on their level without KD is beyond hilarious. It would have still been a fantastic series that could have gone either way. So, pretty much exactly the same, but probably with the edge to Houston rather than GS with home court. Warriors could still absolutely have beat them though.

Hawkeye15
I think he is. It makes a lot of sense to do so. He would get his pay day, a chance to win, and will team up with the other infamous sell out and won’t be the sole attention of criticism for his off season decisions.

I don't see him pairing up with Lebron, who he has tried to distance himself from as a player, etc. I think he signs with the Knicks or Nets.

Vinylman

nah... they wouldn't be the betting favorites...

Again... if he leaves there is no cap there when you consider KT's hold... they couldn't even offer Cousins a big deal. Curry alone is $40 million next year

Hawkeye15

not that easy. He needs to do something above and beyond expectations to redeem himself.

Hawkeye15
11-14-2018, 03:15 PM

redeeming himself will take something special. I don't think he has it in him.

Hawkeye15
11-14-2018, 03:16 PM

I selfishly hope GS wins another 2 rings when he leaves. Hurts that little ***** even more.

Hawkeye15
11-14-2018, 03:18 PM
nah... they wouldn't be the betting favorites...

Again... if he leaves there is no cap there when you consider KT's hold... they couldn't even offer Cousins a big deal. Curry alone is $40 million next year

Who would be betting faves then? I don't see a reason for any other team, as currently constructed.

I understand their cap situation. KD leaving does nothing for them, but having 3 all NBA guys in their peaks is still pretty good.

COOLbeans
11-14-2018, 03:18 PM
"How much trouble" is a funny way to put it. Meaning they won't be prohibitive favorites? Who cares? They've had massive success as is. It's been icing on the cake for years and I guarantee with Curry at the helm and at LEAST one of Klay/Draymond/KD, they're going to be a damn formidable team for years to come. It's really all about Curry, then everyone else, and they have the Golden Goose signed long term. Heading into the new Chase center (which looks like something out of a CGI movie from the future) with elite management/coaching, rest assure, they're going to be just fine.

they took the Warriors with Monta, Biedrins and Rodney Carney as starters and turned them into what they are today. They had Al Thornton, Acie Law and Dan Gadzuric starting games when they purchased the team.

These psd dudes are looking for any way to try and win an argument against the Warriors.

Any kind of retool, as long as they have Klay, Green or Durant to go with Steph will not be difficult to do. this management team is hyper competitive and extremely well connected.

Vinylman
11-14-2018, 03:19 PM
Yeah winning rings on a team who was already winning titles before he even got there does nothing for his legacy unless he goes to another team and proves that he can win with that team then KD would at least earn some respect back

your command of the English language is pretty poor

COOLbeans
11-14-2018, 03:21 PM
Greens iq is stupid high tho. If you look at bell and Jones at first glance they'd almost seem very interchangeable with green, but greens iq sets him apart.

Stupid high indeed

COOLbeans
11-14-2018, 03:22 PM
They're 26-1 without KD and with Curry the last 3 years. KD is what puts them clearly above everyone. But as any objective, clear headed person knows, they had/have all the pieces to be the most dominant team in the league as is. As great as the Rockets were, thinking the Warriors are not on their level without KD is beyond hilarious. It would have still been a fantastic series that could have gone either way. So, pretty much exactly the same, but probably with the edge to Houston rather than GS with home court. Warriors could still absolutely have beat them though.

Isn’t this the whole basis of their hate for KD and the Warriors?

That the dubs were dominant BEFORE Durant got there :laugh:

D Blue987
11-14-2018, 03:22 PM
KD is going to the Lakers. Not the first time we have heard speculation about this. Guy just bought a mansion in Malibu as well. Sound familiar? James did the same thing sometime during his championship year in Cleveland. No mystery that him and Lebron have been close over the years. He will be able to take over the franchise once Lebron retires as well.

Vinylman
11-14-2018, 03:23 PM

learn the cap... all that other gibberish is irrelevant

Vinylman
11-14-2018, 03:25 PM

regular season... LMFAO...

good luck... you will see what happens if KD leaves

Heediot
11-14-2018, 03:27 PM
You just said it, he played like a god in the playoffs just a few months ago. And his numbers this year don’t show any hint of him declining at all. His steals and blocks are pretty much on par with the his averages over the last 5 years.

Even when he joined the heat there was an adjustment period. He’s on a young team where he knows it will be difficult to compete this year so it will be hard for him to get motivated for this season but aside from that his numbers don’t suggest any sort of decline.

Timmy declined when Parker and Gino could still carry the team and then they had Leonard so Timmy could take on a lesser role in the same system he helped build with pop. LeBron is on a new team where he has to carry the team and with an unproven coach in a new system. Also I think Duncan was older when he really declined. The comparison isn’t that accurate imo.

I don't know if he could defy the odds and show less decline, then so be it. Could be a rare one like Brady, but QB is more of a mental position and guys are aging well in the newer era. For basketball though, especially for wings, the decline could be sudden and drastic. The rules and his basketball iq will keep him a top player on that end for now, but defensively his effort and lateral/movement has been showing signs of decline even in the playoffs lately. I'd be wary though if I were KL and KD, we will see though.

He could still have a Harden type impact even as he ages, so that cold still attract people. So theres that.

FlashBolt
11-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Curry can't compete against LeBron James in the Finals. Durant can. That was the difference.

COOLbeans
11-14-2018, 03:30 PM

Weren’t you one of the guys complaining that Durant broke the league by going to a 72 win team?

My bad if not. Hard to tell people apart since the KD posts in here can be repetitive at times.

COOLbeans
11-14-2018, 03:31 PM
Curry can't compete against LeBron James in the Finals. Durant can. That was the difference.

He’s 1-1 :cheers:

Heediot
11-14-2018, 03:33 PM

It's like the Kyrie thing in Boston. Boston might be better without Kyrie in the regular season, but deeper in the playoffs like GS with KD, they are better off with Kyrie. The haters don't see the value of Kyrie and ust go with advanced stats to see how Boston doesn't miss him when he is inured or off the floor. I mean GS was 73 wins without KD and were never close to matching since he arrived, but that doesn't mean in the playoffs they are worse off with KD, just my take.

tredigs
11-14-2018, 03:33 PM

:laugh: Were you born in 2016? We know what they look like without KD lil' buddy. Hint: It's dominant.

FlashBolt
11-14-2018, 03:34 PM
Draymond: It's me or KD.

Warriors: Okay, bye Draymond.

COOLbeans
11-14-2018, 03:37 PM
Steph, Klay and Green would go back to being spectacular post Durant. They might even run off a couple more championships since they’d have increased motivation. Add a healthy Cousins to the mix and a good backup PG and I think they’ll be fine :laugh2:

tredigs
11-14-2018, 03:37 PM
It's like the Kyrie thing in Boston. Boston might be better without Kyrie in the regular season, but deeper in the playoffs like GS with KD, they are better off with Kyrie. The haters don't see the value of Kyrie and ust go with advanced stats to see how Boston doesn't miss him when he is inured or off the floor. I mean GS was 73 wins without KD and were never close to matching since he arrived, but that doesn't mean in the playoffs they are worse off with KD, just my take.

Lol. I don't think there is any question that having an MVP small forward increases their ceiling in the playoffs. Is anybody questioning that? I'm just having a little fun laughing at the idiot who thinks they would get stomped on in the playoffs without him.

Heediot
11-14-2018, 03:38 PM
Draymond: It's me or KD.

Warriors: Okay, bye Draymond.

You never know, lets see how it unfolds. I think some of you are underselling how much Dray means to that team.

Tg11
11-14-2018, 03:39 PM
Steph, Klay and Green would go back to being spectacular post Durant. They might even run off a couple more championships since they’d have increased motivation. Add a healthy Cousins to the mix and a good backup PG and I think they’ll be fine :laugh2:

Exactly my point GSW doesn't need Durant

Vinylman
11-14-2018, 03:39 PM
:laugh: Were you born in 2016? We know what they look like without KD lil' buddy. Hint: It's dominant.

this is what is hilarious about dubs fans... who is better than 2016? Iggy? Livingston? Your top 3 guys? Nope

Again, Unless Cousins plays for an exception or you trade Iggy for nothing you can only re-sign KT if KD leaves.

The math is straightforward... either way that team is no longer scary... not that they ever were.

Heediot
11-14-2018, 03:41 PM
Lol. I don't think there is any question that having an MVP small forward increases their ceiling in the playoffs. Is anybody questioning that? I'm just having a little fun laughing at the idiot who thinks they would get stomped on in the playoffs without him.

I'm with you that I think GS can still be dominant without KD though and could beat a Lebron led Cavs team without KD. This is more of a defense for Kyrie which is off track lol. As long as GS has the depth and a sf that was a Barnes level player, they are a beast team even without KD.

FlashBolt
11-14-2018, 03:43 PM

Rest of the league has gotten better because they too have caught up on the shooting explosion. If you guys resign Cousins, you'll likely have to pay him a lot of money. A lot of money for a player who isn't a good defender and needs the ball to dominate. Is he worth that money? Cousins was a losing player his entire career. Are we sure Curry can stay healthy with more defensive focus on him with KD being gone? They would still be a great team but they're older and the rest of the league has gotten better.

valade16
11-14-2018, 03:45 PM
It's odd how everyone gets collective amnesia when discussing the Warriors pre Durant. People realize they went 140-24 in the regular season, 31-14 in the playoffs and 1-1 in Finals series in the 2 years before him?

It's not like the Warriors needed KD to a great team, they needed him to be the greatest team ever. When he leaves they go back to simply being a great team.

Switch
11-14-2018, 03:45 PM
Exactly my point GSW doesn't need Durant[emoji23]

Warriors fans are the best

tredigs
11-14-2018, 03:46 PM
this is what is hilarious about dubs fans... who is better than 2016? Iggy? Livingston? Your top 3 guys? Nope

Again, Unless Cousins plays for an exception or you trade Iggy for nothing you can only re-sign KT if KD leaves.

The math is straightforward... either way that team is no longer scary... not that they ever were.
You're right bro, you're right. Curry? That guy is barely even playing like an All-Time-Great in his peak right now for ****s sake! The end looks close for him. 28 year old Klay and Draymond? Over-The-Hill. And with Bob Meyers at the helm who has proven incapable of landing formidable pieces? I don't know, you're starting to sway me, it looks like 1st round fodder to me. You should definitely be careful with these hot-takes though, you don't want to be swaying the betting lines before you get your action in. This could be the way out of the basement we've been looking for my dude.

Vinylman
11-14-2018, 03:47 PM
It's odd how everyone gets collective amnesia when discussing the Warriors pre Durant. People realize they went 140-24 in the regular season, 31-14 in the playoffs and 1-1 in Finals series in the 2 years before him?

It's not like the Warriors needed KD to a great team, they needed him to be the greatest team ever. When he leaves they go back to simply being a great team.

you are ignoring all the guys that are gone from that 2016 teams and the drop off on the key bench players... Iggy and Livingston are shells of their former selves and would look even worse if forced to play extended minutes.

The Dubs will renounce Livingstons cap hold this offseason

valade16
11-14-2018, 03:50 PM

I don't see how any rational person could say this lol.

You realize they won before KD right? Was KD responsible for them winning pre-KD?

Vinylman
You're right bro, you're right. Curry? That guy is barely even playing like an All-Time-Great in his peak right now for ****s sake! The end looks close for him. 28 year old Klay and Draymond? Over-The-Hill. And with Bob Meyers at the helm who has proven incapable of landing formidable pieces? I don't know, you're starting to sway me, it looks like 1st round fodder to me. You should definitely be careful with these hot-takes though, you don't want to be swaying the betting lines before you get your action in. This could be the way out of the basement we've been looking for my dude.

Again, you ignore the circumstances around which the team was assembled. those conditions don't exist. it is funny though how you keep posting that I am saying they still wouldn't be a good team... I never said that but I know it helps your narrative so carry on

Your insecurity is breathtaking

tredigs

Nah bro, as this sage poster Vinyl says, "they were never great". Literally ANY decent team can win a title and average 70 win seasons with a little luck. Without prime Shaun Livingston who are they even??

GREATNESS ONE
11-14-2018, 03:51 PM
Lebron/KD

:drool:

Heediot
you are ignoring all the guys that are gone from that 2016 teams and the drop off on the key bench players... Iggy and Livingston are shells of their former selves and would look even worse if forced to play extended minutes.

Some very valid issues brought up.

If they trade kd to replenish the depth, they'd be back to where they were 3 years ago. But I don't know if they risk it that way and lose an almost guaranteed title.

valade16

I didn't say they were a lock to win the title, nor did I say they would be as good as before KD. But they'd still be a great team, even with the decline of Iggy and Livingston.

GREATNESS ONE
11-14-2018, 03:52 PM

You realize they won before KD right? Was KD responsible for them winning pre-KD?

Because it’s true?

I’m not sure how it’s so difficult to understand

COOLbeans

Iggy is still a good player. Livingston is falling off. They need to replace him with a shooter/ PG off the bench next year.

You forget that they have Cousins waiting. And he doesnt have to be the man to be effective. He played very well with AD last year, and IF he can recover, the Durantless Warriors can easily sign him for $15MM-$25MM. He wont get maxed out anywhere IMO.

Vinylman

chips dude... chips... go look at what I was responding to..

In addition, if you think KD leaving combined with their cap situation isn't going to return GS back to the pack when you factor in the improvement in other teams then there really isn't anything to discuss

valade16
11-14-2018, 03:53 PM
Because it’s true?

I’m not sure how it’s so difficult to understand

If KD is the reason they're winning how come they won before KD?

Vinylman
11-14-2018, 03:54 PM
Iggy is still a good player. Livingston is falling off. They need to replace him with a shooter/ PG off the bench next year.

You forget that they have Cousins waiting. And he doesnt have to be the man to be effective. He played very well with AD last year, and IF he can recover, the Durantless Warriors can easily sign him for $15MM-$25MM. He wont get maxed out anywhere IMO.

Again... none of this discussion has to do with this year. you continue to not understand your cap situation.

Hawkeye15
11-14-2018, 03:55 PM

sure but they will still attract impactful vets at the minimum. We may never see the dominance of the KD Warriors again, but they will still be a regular contender haha.

tredigs

They might sign Cousins to a 1 year if KD leaves and he's interested in taking a pay-cut again, but nothing more than that (barring some sort of situation where both KD leaves and they trade Draymond for pieces, which I don't see happening). I highly, highly doubt Cousins is on the Warriors next year though.

valade16
chips dude... chips... go look at what I was responding to..

In addition, if you think KD leaving combined with their cap situation isn't going to return GS back to the pack when you factor in the improvement in other teams then there really isn't anything to discuss

Chips dude... Chips... OK. They won a chip pre-KD and lost another in 7 games lol. So they didn't even need KD to win a title. Would they have won both titles without KD? Maybe, maybe not.

But the idea that "the pack" has improved to their level without KD isn't true. What West Coast team right now is as good as these Warriors without KD? Houston is not what they were last year and CP3 looks in decline (I think you yourself have said their window closes after this year). So what other team in the West is on their level right now?

FlashBolt
Cousins is coming back from a SERIOUS injury. Combine that with the fact that Cousins is 270 lbs and has never had a vertical to begin with, his status as an NBA player is still questionable. His role on the team will be to play more off-ball and defend. He hasn't done any of that in his NBA career and now he will be asked to do so on an elite level. If I am the Warriors, I look to TRADE Kevin Durant for Anthony Davis RIGHT NOW.

Vinylman
11-14-2018, 03:56 PM
I didn't say they were a lock to win the title, nor did I say they would be as good as before KD. But they'd still be a great team, even with the decline of Iggy and Livingston.

and where did I say they wouldn't be a good team? Again, people really don't understand how much system wise the league is catching up with the Dubs... without Durant it would be much more apparent.

Hawkeye15
11-14-2018, 03:57 PM
and where did I say they wouldn't be a good team? Again, people really don't understand how much system wise the league is catching up with the Dubs... without Durant it would be much more apparent.

to be fair, any team that loses a top 20 talent ever in his peak for nothing will feel it..

COOLbeans
Again... none of this discussion has to do with this year. you continue to not understand your cap situation.

Assuming Durant's gone, they can sign Thompson and Cousins. Perhaps you can enlighten me regarding Lacob and Guber's pockets.

aman_13
They are in a game going to OT and instead of talking strategy, they are talking FA. GS problems..

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

valade16
11-14-2018, 03:58 PM

I'm asking, which Western conference team right now is on GS's level without KD? Lakers with KD obviously jump past them, but right now which team?

NO? Portland? Houston? Utah? Denver? SA?

Vinylman
11-14-2018, 03:59 PM
If KD is the reason they're winning how come they won before KD?

they had other significant contributors especially the bench and the league wasn't as good (ie concentration of talent on fewer teams).

tredigs
11-14-2018, 04:00 PM
Cousins is coming back from a SERIOUS injury. Combine that with the fact that Cousins is 270 lbs and has never had a vertical to begin with, his status as an NBA player is still questionable. His role on the team will be to play more off-ball and defend. He hasn't done any of that in his NBA career and now he will be asked to do so on an elite level. If I am the Warriors, I look to TRADE Kevin Durant for Anthony Davis RIGHT NOW.

You have literally no idea what you are talking about.

Vinylman
11-14-2018, 04:00 PM
Assuming Durant's gone, they can sign Thompson and Cousins. Perhaps you can enlighten me regarding Lacob and Guber's pockets.

Like I said 10 pages ago... you don't understand the CBA

You can't sign both to market deals... period end of discussion

valade16
11-14-2018, 04:01 PM
they had other significant contributors especially the bench and the league wasn't as good (ie concentration of talent on fewer teams).

Which teams are those?

tredigs
11-14-2018, 04:03 PM
I'm asking, which Western conference team right now is on GS's level without KD? Lakers with KD obviously jump past them, but right now which team?

Ehhh the Lakers are more than a KD away from being better than the 2016 Warriors with a 35-37 year old Lebron, that's for sure. But we will see how the Warriors look as a team without KD again if that happens.

Vinylman
11-14-2018, 04:04 PM

Today? It's a silly question. Last year... I take Houston over GS (6 or 7 games)

In the NBA this year? Toronto and there would be others that have the assets to make the right moves that could be there if KD wasn't on the Dubs.

You have to add context to your question because if teams knew last offseason that KD wouldn't be on the Dubs they would have planned much differently. That is what we are talking about here THE FUTURE

GS is still a top 3 seed without KD but the margin for error is much smaller.

FlashBolt
11-14-2018, 04:05 PM

Rest of the league has caught up and now we have freaks with crazy wingspans and who can also shoot. Draymond isn't the same player he was years ago. I'm sorry but he just isn't. His reputation as a player has significantly declined and he doesn't seem like he is healthy out there. Klay is the same player and so is Curry to an extent. Iguodala (vital role) isn't the same and seems to be on the cusp of retiring soon. Shaun is a good player off the bench but that's pretty much it. Would the Warriors still be a championship contender? Hell yeah. They'll still have four players in the top 20 area (Dray, Klay, Cousins, Curry). And some Warriors fans might want this instead so they can see Curry win MVP and/or establish himself as the best player in the game. But the reality is, some teams have just gotten better. When Cavs were in the Finals even two seasons ago, the East wasn't THIS good. East now has 3 of the top 6 players in the league in Giannis, Embiid, and Kawhi. You can make a very valid case that the East has three of the top five teams in the NBA with Toronto, Sixers, and Bucks. Teams have just gotten better and the gap is not there if KD leaves.

Tg11
11-14-2018, 04:17 PM
KD is a ***** so watch for him to do the ***** thing which is be a snake to go to a team that beats him

valade16
11-14-2018, 04:26 PM
Today? It's a silly question. Last year... I take Houston over GS (6 or 7 games)

In the NBA this year? Toronto and there would be others that have the assets to make the right moves that could be there if KD wasn't on the Dubs.

You have to add context to your question because if teams knew last offseason that KD wouldn't be on the Dubs they would have planned much differently. That is what we are talking about here THE FUTURE

GS is still a top 3 seed without KD but the margin for error is much smaller.

How is it a silly question? You’re sayingn teams have caught up to GS and when I ask which teams you say teams have assets to make the right moves... ok so they haven’t caught up yet but they’re in position to?

I think the top of the East is becoming the tougher conference between Toronto, Boston, Philly and Milwaukee.

So yes, teams in the west could surpass no-KD GS with the right moves, but that’s a hypothetical. So the West still hasn’t caught up to Gs yet but they may. Ok.

I agree, without KD they’d be a top 3 West team pending KD to LAL or Kawhi to another contender and they’d have a slim margin for error. But KD may go to NY and Kawhi stay, then GS is still the favorites to come out of the West.

Tg11
11-14-2018, 04:30 PM
Exactly so no team can challenge GSW right now in the West unless the Lakers makes big moves between now and February

tredigs
11-14-2018, 04:36 PM
From an entertainment perspective I just really, really hope KD goes to the Lakers if he leaves.

Heediot
11-14-2018, 04:39 PM
To be fair, if you take KD off this year and or last years team, doesn't GS get to replace him with the money they spent on him? Or how does this work, because they are over the cap with or without him IRRC?

Tg11
11-14-2018, 04:39 PM
From an entertainment perspective I just really, really hope KD goes to the Lakers if he leaves.

If he goes to the Lakers to team up with LeBron he would be even more hated than he already is if that is even possible

Hawkeye15
11-14-2018, 04:40 PM
How is it a silly question? You’re sayingn teams have caught up to GS and when I ask which teams you say teams have assets to make the right moves... ok so they haven’t caught up yet but they’re in position to?

I think the top of the East is becoming the tougher conference between Toronto, Boston, Philly and Milwaukee.

So yes, teams in the west could surpass no-KD GS with the right moves, but that’s a hypothetical. So the West still hasn’t caught up to Gs yet but they may. Ok.

I agree, without KD they’d be a top 3 West team pending KD to LAL or Kawhi to another contender and they’d have a slim margin for error. But KD may go to NY and Kawhi stay, then GS is still the favorites to come out of the West.

to further this, while some of GS's bench has aged/gone away, contenders typically get contributing vets just wanting to hitch on. GS will be just fine if they lose Durant. There are worse things that knowing who is winning it all before the season even starts, and GS will still be favorites imo.

Hawkeye15
11-14-2018, 04:42 PM
To be fair, if you take KD off this year and or last years team, doesn't GS get to replace him with the money they spent on him? Or how does this work, because they are over the cap with or without him IRRC?

kinda, yeah. Or, they would have had that $20ish million to spend regardless, so while KD may not have joined, they still had options. Though looking at the FA class of 16', it wasn't pretty

GREATNESS ONE
11-14-2018, 04:44 PM

:) you say that now..

GREATNESS ONE
11-14-2018, 04:45 PM
If he goes to the Lakers to team up with LeBron he would be even more hated than he already is if that is even possible

I don’t know about this, I think the move would be more applauded than when he joined the Warriors.

Vinylman
11-14-2018, 04:46 PM

it is silly if we are talking about this year for the reasons I gave.

As usual on PSD this whole conversation is getting deluded.

My context is and was simple, no KD and no Cousins next year puts GS in the top 3 in the West not even assuming KD goes to a playoff team. I also agree that Toronto in the east would be on par and that Boston and Philly could be also especially if Boston exchanges some of their depth at the wings.

Does that mean that GS wouldn't win it? no Although it is much less likely...

What is hilarious in this thread is the idea that GS wouldn't be significantly impacted by losing KD for nothing … not to mention this nonsense about the Warriors franchise and the arena and myers ability to suck 20 inch cocks, etc.. etc.. etc..

tredigs
11-14-2018, 04:48 PM
:) you say that now..
No seriously, I would absolutely love it.

The failure of that team to win it all would be just as epic to watch for me as when Shaq/Kobe/Malone/GP got curb stomped by the Pistons in the Finals.

Vinylman
11-14-2018, 04:48 PM

nope... they are $43 million over the cap and Durant only makes $30 million

R. Johnson#3
11-14-2018, 04:49 PM
Considering the Clippers just beat the Dubs, I think he's going to the Clippers.

Tg11
11-14-2018, 04:50 PM
GSW were already a great team before KD so if he leaves they wouldn't be as affected because of their depth

Vinylman
11-14-2018, 04:50 PM
kinda, yeah. Or, they would have had that $20ish million to spend regardless, so while KD may not have joined, they still had options. Though looking at the FA class of 16', it wasn't pretty

they would have just resigned barnes and been capped out.

Anyway, they are way over the cap now even if Durant had left last offseason which is what we are talking about happening this summer

Vinylman
11-14-2018, 04:51 PM
GSW were already a great team before KD so if he leaves they wouldn't be as affected because of their depth

Thanks for the in depth analysis... D-

GREATNESS ONE
11-14-2018, 04:52 PM
No seriously, I would absolutely love it.

The failure of that team to win it all would be just as epic to watch for me as when Shaq/Kobe/Malone/GP got curb stomped by the Pistons in the Finals.

You mean after they won their 3peat?

Enjoy your last free ride because if KD goes to the Lakers, you’ll actually have a opponent who can beat you. you’re right it would be beautiful...

Tg11
11-14-2018, 04:53 PM
Well am I wrong? They were 73-9 before he even came there so if he left I think they would still be as big of if not a bigger threat than they already are

GREATNESS ONE
11-14-2018, 04:53 PM
Considering the Clippers just beat the Dubs, I think he's going to the Clippers.

Lmfao!

GREATNESS ONE
11-14-2018, 04:54 PM
Well am I wrong? They were 73-9 before he even came there so if he left I think they would still be as big of if not a bigger threat than they already are

:laugh2:

This forum is awesome.

Vinylman
11-14-2018, 04:56 PM

Regular season... LMFAO...

A "Bigger Threat" :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh:

Vinylman
11-14-2018, 04:57 PM
:laugh2:

This forum is awesome.

The High Quality posting is historic :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

tredigs
11-14-2018, 04:58 PM
Anyway, the Warriors have a 5th straight Finals and 4th chip to finish off before we can get into free agency. Godspeed to all the Warriors haters and KD hopefuls out there.

Firefistus
11-14-2018, 05:04 PM
I personally feel like KD will stay with the Warriors, I don't see a reason to leave. If he was even considering another spot, I would feel like it would be DC to try and do what LeBron did for Cleveland. He's constantly in the shadow of LeBron, and if he was to be even considered as a better player he would need to pull a LeBron by beating the best teams out there on his own team.

I don't think he does that though, he's not the type of player that would do things the hard way, and try to revive a franchise. More like the type that will join the best team in the world for an easy ride to the championship.

FlashBolt
11-14-2018, 05:04 PM
I personally feel like KD will stay with the Warriors, I don't see a reason to leave. If he was even considering another spot, I would feel like it would be DC to try and do what LeBron did for Cleveland. He's constantly in the shadow of LeBron, and if he was to be even considered as a better player he would need to pull a LeBron by beating the best teams out there on his own team.

I don't think he does that though, he's not the type of player that would do things the hard way, and try to revive a franchise. More like the type that will join the best team in the world for an easy ride to the championship.

He's under Curry's shadow right now to many.

Hawkeye15
11-14-2018, 05:05 PM
they would have just resigned barnes and been capped out.

Anyway, they are way over the cap now even if Durant had left last offseason which is what we are talking about happening this summer

As far as this summer, yes, if Durant leaves they have zero recourse to fill his void.

Tg11
11-14-2018, 05:10 PM

If he did a LeBron he would go not just to a team like Washington he would go to a team like the Clippers, Knicks or even back to the Thunder but you're right he rides the coattails and does things the easy way like a follower when he can't do it the hard way to get any sort of respect as a leader

Vinylman
11-14-2018, 05:12 PM
As far as this summer, yes, if Durant leaves they have zero recourse to fill his void.

yep... just like if he left last summer

Hawkeye15
11-14-2018, 05:18 PM
yep... just like if he left last summer

well, the summer they signed him was the exception to it all. Most teams that good (all really) NEVER have capspace of significance. So boo ****ing hoo GS might not be able to keep the band together.

FlashBolt
11-14-2018, 05:27 PM
The idea that players want to play in their home state is false. Not every player cares to do so. Many would want to avoid it as well. The sentimental value in LeBron choosing Cleveland went far past anything else because he was born and raised there his entire life. KD wasn't and I don't think he cares.

valade16
11-14-2018, 05:29 PM
well, the summer they signed him was the exception to it all. Most teams that good (all really) NEVER have capspace of significance. So boo ****ing hoo GS might not be able to keep the band together.

Yep. I can't wait for him to leave because it makes the NBA have some semblance of competition or ambiguity on the outcome.

I also can't wait for the coming ****storm that happens if he goes to the Lakers and him and Bron win 3 more titles. Bron having as many titles as MJ would probably wreck this forum lol

Tg11
11-14-2018, 05:32 PM
The idea that players want to play in their home state is false. Not every player cares to do so. Many would want to avoid it as well. The sentimental value in LeBron choosing Cleveland went far past anything else because he was born and raised there his entire life. KD wasn't and I don't think he cares.

Well KD is gone regardless from Golden State anyway and last night more or less was just a likely catalyst for his stage exit. Draymond is staying like that's not even a question unless the GSW front office pull a swerve and get rid of Draymond just to keep KD happy. However, who is more integral to their success?

Tg11
11-14-2018, 05:37 PM
I just had to rewatch the argument again...too funny I'm ****ing dyin of laughter like real talk y'all Durant is a ***** *** n***a

Vinylman
11-14-2018, 05:38 PM
Yep. I can't wait for him to leave because it makes the NBA have some semblance of competition or ambiguity on the outcome.

I also can't wait for the coming ****storm that happens if he goes to the Lakers and him and Bron win 3 more titles. Bron having as many titles as MJ would probably wreck this forum lol

yeah... it would be hilarious...

I kept saying it the last two years that the only way for LBJ to pass MJ was to go to the Lakers and win a couple of titles... to me 2 titles would put him over the top.

Hawkeye15
11-14-2018, 05:39 PM

2011 Mavs series man. Always gonna be my clinger

Vinylman
11-14-2018, 05:42 PM
If GS really believed they can win without KD then they should trade him this year for future pieces. I mean they will still be great without him.

right?

Gritz
11-14-2018, 05:43 PM
How come Durant hasn't asked Draymond for a fade yet? I bet neither one of them has any squabbles but still, on principle, another man calls you out your name, that's a fade on sight.

Tg11
11-14-2018, 05:44 PM
If he goes to the Lakers that would be another ***** *** move

Hawkeye15
11-14-2018, 05:44 PM
If GS really believed they can win without KD then they should trade him this year for future pieces. I mean they will still be great without him.

right?

haha, you know if you have a title window you ride it. With him, they are a lock this year. So why trade him?

I also know you are kidding

SteBO
11-14-2018, 05:45 PM
I wont lie, his 2016 NBA Finals where he came back from 3-1 against a clearly superior Warriors team without HC kinda made up for some of that for me. Not completely though.....2011 was really puzzling.

FlashBolt
11-14-2018, 05:45 PM

Yeah but when you consider LeBron also breaks the All-Time scoring list, has 40,000/10,000/10,000, most NBA Finals appearances, most All-Star/All-NBA appearances, it becomes a question of validity and I don't think that lone Mavs series is enough to dent that kind of career.

SteBO
11-14-2018, 05:46 PM
I just had to rewatch the argument again...too funny I'm ****ing dyin of laughter like real talk y'all Durant is a ***** *** n***a
For wanting the ball down the stretch. I really don't see any reasonable argument in favor of Green here.

Vinylman
11-14-2018, 05:50 PM
haha, you know if you have a title window you ride it. With him, they are a lock this year. So why trade him?

I also know you are kidding

sorry man... I got caught up in all the stellar dubs analysis

LMFAO

Tg11
11-14-2018, 05:54 PM
Durant is already booking his ticket to get up out of there

Hawkeye15
11-14-2018, 05:54 PM
sorry man... I got caught up in all the stellar dubs analysis

LMFAO

best part is, those same fans are the ones defending Durant and how much they "NEED" him to win.

As a person who has never had one of my teams dominate, I don't know what its like, but the need to defend your team is something I have never gotten.

valade16
11-14-2018, 05:58 PM
yeah... it would be hilarious...

I kept saying it the last two years that the only way for LBJ to pass MJ was to go to the Lakers and win a couple of titles... to me 2 titles would put him over the top.

It's not impossible that LeBron surpasses MJ with 5 titles, but I think he needs 6 to really stop any argument from haters.

How many rings would he need to win to offset that? 4 more? If he won 9 rings would he really not be above MJ because of that one series?

For me, his comeback vs the Dubs sort of cancels out his Mavs implosion.

IKnowHoops
11-14-2018, 06:10 PM

Nba will be better for it to. Right now GS really can’t lose

Hawkeye15
11-14-2018, 06:10 PM
It's not impossible that LeBron surpasses MJ with 5 titles, but I think he needs 6 to really stop any argument from haters.

How many rings would he need to win to offset that? 4 more? If he won 9 rings would he really not be above MJ because of that one series?

For me, his comeback vs the Dubs sort of cancels out his Mavs implosion.

I am a Jordan baby dude (43 years old), I gotta cling!

Saddletramp
11-14-2018, 06:25 PM

How are you saying exactly yet contradicting what he’s saying? Half of your posts make no sense.

tredigs
11-14-2018, 06:42 PM
best part is, those same fans are the ones defending Durant and how much they "NEED" him to win.

As a person who has never had one of my teams dominate, I don't know what its like, but the need to defend your team is something I have never gotten.
With respect Hawk, that's because you've never had your team hated on by 29 different fanbases at the same time, with 90% of said fans not knowing the first thing about what they're talking about. I never felt the need to "defend" the Warriors until 2016 either. You'll go from being seen as objective, smart poster to homer, to ***-hole troll (after you eventually give in to the idiocy of the masses and just start making fun of people). At least in real life nobody is stupid enough to engage in the little sports-charged hate rhetoric like this with strangers (it's only seen from the drunk/fat sports fan in row 56 of their home floor), so it never comes up.

Saddletramp
11-14-2018, 07:22 PM

What the **** are you talking about? They lost most of their depth that year which was cool when they got replaced by Durant (and West to a way lower degree) but you’d need to start over with vet min guys. And so far, only West worked out. Maybe Jerebko? I dunno. And their drafting after Green has become pretty suspect.

FlashBolt
11-14-2018, 07:26 PM
Basketball fans in general want competition. KD leaving Warriors opens a floodgate of actual contenders. I don't want to be a fan of a league in which one team controls who wins or not. With KD out, there should be 4-5 teams who can legitimately compete. off the top of my head and assuming the teams stay the same outside of KD to the Lakers, I can see: Celtics, Philly, Toronto, Warriors, Lakers be in the picture.

FlashBolt
11-14-2018, 07:27 PM
What the **** are you talking about? They lost most of their depth that year which was cool when they got replaced by Durant (and West to a way lower degree) but you’d need to start over with vet min guys. And so far, only West worked out. Maybe Jerebko? I dunno. And their drafting after Green has become pretty suspect.

Maaannn in another thread he was saying how RJ Barrett was a power forward lol. He seems to be a nice guy but a lot of what he says is just odd and unconvincing.

R. Johnson#3
11-14-2018, 09:17 PM
If Kawhi bolts then the Raps can be a realistic destination. If Kawhi doesn't bolt and Masai goes DEEP into the tax then the Raps are an even more realistic destination.

FlashBolt
11-14-2018, 09:36 PM
If Kawhi bolts then the Raps can be a realistic destination. If Kawhi doesn't bolt and Masai goes DEEP into the tax then the Raps are an even more realistic destination.

The Raptors were KD's favorite team growing up.

likemystylez
11-14-2018, 09:49 PM
Durant is already booking his ticket to get up out of there

I think durant stays... and this thing blows over. its amazing how many of the same people who called durant a ***** for leaving okc are hoping he runs away from golden state

Saddletramp
11-14-2018, 09:52 PM
^^^^^^^Durant’s still a *****, by the way. Big bad man yells at him over what probably a lot of guys are wondering and he needs a safe space. He ran to win free rings and now he might run because things aren’t perfect for his millennial ***** ***.

Lacob/Myers/Kerr are smart. I’m sure they’ll get the two together and see if they can still work together. If not, they gotta make a decision and I’m sure they’ll get Curry’s/Klay’s/Iguadala's input.

If they can’t make it work, I’d trade Durant (assuming Curry and Crew are on board and not taking KD’s side). You could get a nice haul centered around either a star like AD (Oh my, Durant and filler for AD and Randle. ) or a bunch of cheap youngin’s like from Boston. KAT and Saric would be good but no way Minny makes that trade without Durant signing long term.....and he wouldn’t.

If Curry and Crew choose KD over Green, they won’t get anywhere near the haul that KD would net them. Green is great in GS but I’m not sure how much he’d make a lesser team better. And he’s about to be max or possibly even super max worthy. Don’t know how many teams would do that.

likemystylez
11-14-2018, 10:00 PM
^^^^^^^Durant’s still a *****, by the way. Big bad man yells at him over what probably a lot of guys are wondering and he needs a safe space. He ran to win free rings and now he might run because things aren’t perfect for his millennial ***** ***.

Lacob/Myers/Kerr are smart. I’m sure they’ll get the two together and see if they can still work together. If not, they gotta make a decision and I’m sure they’ll get Curry’s/Klay’s/Iguadala's input.

If they can’t make it work, I’d trade Durant (assuming Curry and Crew are on board and not taking KD’s side). You could get a nice haul centered around either a star like AD or a bunch of cheap youngin’s like from Boston. KAT and Saric would be good but no way Minny makes that trade without Durant signing long term.....and he wouldn’t.

If Curry and Crew choose KD over Green, they won’t get anywhere near the haul that KD would net them. Green is great in GS but I’m not sure how much he’d make a lesser team better. And he’s about to be max or possibly even super max worthy. Don’t know how many teams would do that.

Thing is- green costed them a championship.... and if you trade durant, you are screwed when curry calls in sick for the first two rounds of the playoffs.... and like hes doing right now. Thats why the warriors need to get all these stars.... cuz warriors players are constantly milking ****... and they need to have the available talent to insure survival

Saddletramp
11-14-2018, 10:08 PM
Thing is- green costed them a championship.... and if you trade durant, you are screwed when curry calls in sick for the first two rounds of the playoffs.... and like hes doing right now. Thats why the warriors need to get all these stars.... cuz warriors players are constantly milking ****... and they need to have the available talent to insure survival

I totally agree with you (of course I hope they keep egoing up each other) but Durant’s a ***** no matter what happens. Unless he signs with Atlanta or Orlando or somewhere and takes on the challenge and succeeds, he’ll be nothing less.

And Green got exposed as being weak minded here by putting out feelings he shoulda kept shut (whether they’re genuine or just heat of the moment put downs) but it’s not the first time.

He’s mentally weak. I think they would’ve beat the Cavs a few years back if he was mentally tougher and rose above being stepped over (lol, that’s all it took.....after multiple nut kicks on others all anyone had to do to break him was step over him after he flopped....pussyminded*****). But regardless, he wasn’t suspended for Game 7. You can say he cost them a close out game they shoulda won but make no mistake, the reason they lost was Curry and Klay didn’t show up at a championship level and Lebron and Kyrie did.

FlashBolt
11-14-2018, 10:14 PM
I think durant stays... and this thing blows over. its amazing how many of the same people who called durant a ***** for leaving okc are hoping he runs away from golden state

Yeah, people are hoping he leaves GSW so the league can be more competitive. How amazing that fans want that...

TrueFan420
11-14-2018, 10:19 PM
Enjoy it while it last my guy! The ride is almost over, KD has a foot out the door already. Only way I can see you guys keeping him is if you trade Draymond Green.

Time will tell but even if he leaves I think we will win another championship.

likemystylez
11-14-2018, 10:33 PM
Yeah, people are hoping he leaves GSW so the league can be more competitive. How amazing that fans want that...

the warriors just lost to the clippers. they had it handed to them by the bucks. they are definitely beatable.... just need someone better to challenge them than the cavs of the last few yrs

FlashBolt
11-14-2018, 10:55 PM
the warriors just lost to the clippers. they had it handed to them by the bucks. they are definitely beatable.... just need someone better to challenge them than the cavs of the last few yrs

So you're telling me all you want to watch is the Warriors steamroll every team to the point where every time you look at the box score, you're up by 30? You guys lost, get over it. It happens to every team in the NBA - not just the Warriors. It's called having competition. All you want to do is see this:

GSW: Win Score: 999999999
LAC: Lose Score: 1

Saddletramp
11-14-2018, 10:56 PM

With no Curry, they’re not automatic to win a championship. With no Durant, they’re not automatic to win it all. With no Draymond they’re not auto winning.

GREATNESS ONE
11-14-2018, 11:13 PM
Time will tell but even if he leaves I think we will win another championship.

I disagree, good sir.

FlashBolt
11-14-2018, 11:18 PM
With no Curry, they’re not automatic to win a championship. With no Durant, they’re not automatic to win it all. With no Draymond they’re not auto winning.

Nah, that's not fair. Warriors fans need autowins. NBA is rigged. Just ask Ayesha Curry.

Tg11
11-14-2018, 11:19 PM
Durant is a ***** *** ***** plain and simple because his whole career he will forever be known as the ring chaser who couldn't get it done on his own so he had to join the big bad bully after the bully beat on him so much.