PDA

View Full Version : Meloís Time With Rockets Ďending sooní

LaVar Ball
11-11-2018, 06:06 PM
Carmelo Anthony has been told his time with the Rockets will "soon be ending," per @TheSteinLine

Stein:
The Rockets have denied they are waiving Carmelo Anthony, but two sources close to the situation say Anthony has been informed that his brief time with the team will soon be ending. Anthony has been listed as "out" for Houston's game tonight against Indiana due to illness

GiantsSwaGG
11-11-2018, 06:12 PM
Thinking if I should create an ďI told youĒ thread?

Vinylman
11-11-2018, 06:13 PM
Thinking if I should create an ďI told youĒ thread?

will it be in your personal forum "master of the obvious" ?

Vinny642
11-11-2018, 06:14 PM
Dudes been overrated his whole career, but he is beyond washed now

smith&wesson
11-11-2018, 06:26 PM
He going to the lakers next

YAALREADYKNO
11-11-2018, 06:55 PM
Hie going to the lakers next

Wouldnít be surprised

Cal827
11-11-2018, 06:57 PM
:laugh2: Absolute fail... but I mean I think it was obvious to most of us that things probably wouldn't work out. Of course, if they did, the Rockets would be lethal offensively , but it's a risk that Morey felt he had to take. I am surprised on how badly it's gone the other way though.

Also, Kudos to Lebron for securing another release that they'll pick up to help their team :laugh2:... No wonder Lebron left Cleveland. He went for being the coach there, to being the GM in LA.

beasted86
11-11-2018, 07:07 PM
"We'll get over the top because of Melo"

Remember that?

What a quick call from grace. It's so shocking that people felt at any point in time he was better than Wade or Bosh. I remember having the debate multiple times when New York was supposed to form their own big 3.

Scoots
11-11-2018, 07:10 PM
Honestly don't know of any team thinking of winning that would take him at this point.

I wonder who Morey is hoping to get cut from their current team so he can sign them to replace Melo ... Ariza?

R. Johnson#3
11-11-2018, 07:12 PM
Will Melo finally accept reality or is it just going to have to keep hitting him in the face?

kobebabe
11-11-2018, 07:18 PM
This is a guy who laughed so hard last season when asked about the possibility of coming off the bench. Dude is so washed up and donít even rocognize it. Matter fact heís been so over hyped his entire career. Please keep him away from my Lakers

bucketss
11-11-2018, 07:29 PM
back to new york to command the tank.

D Blue987
11-11-2018, 07:31 PM
This is a guy who laughed so hard last season when asked about the possibility of coming off the bench. Dude is so washed up and donít even rocognize it. Matter fact heís been so over hyped his entire career. Please keep him away from my Lakers

Unfortunately, I don't think Lebron can resist.

IndyRealist
11-11-2018, 07:46 PM
:laugh2: Absolute fail... but I mean I think it was obvious to most of us that things probably wouldn't work out. Of course, if they did, the Rockets would be lethal offensively , but it's a risk that Morey felt he had to take. I am surprised on how badly it's gone the other way though.

Also, Kudos to Lebron for securing another release that they'll pick up to help their team :laugh2:... No wonder Lebron left Cleveland. He went for being the coach there, to being the GM in LA.

I don't think it's a risk they had to take. I think you let a different contender pick him up and wreck their early season. Warning signs were obvious all around. And if you ignore the 3 games OKC was missing their entire starting backcourt, they're 7-2 post Melo. Anyone who could read a boxscore saw this coming.

GREATNESS ONE
11-11-2018, 07:51 PM
Where did the Rocket fans go? lol MBT....?

Please keep him away from LAL..

Saddletramp
11-11-2018, 09:26 PM
Low risk, (possibly) high reward. He had a couple of decent games (Rockets wins, one without Harden) but wasnít good overall. Heís not the reason theyíve started off garbagy. I donít know about his attitude behind the scenes but I havenít heard anything. But it sounds like itís more than just ďhe sucksĒ.

If he would have gotten to half of what he used to be, heíd be worth the minimum on any team......he just didnít. I hope he goes somewhere and does well.

Lakers + Giants
11-11-2018, 09:37 PM
He's coming to the Lakers. No doubt in my mind. ****

cmellofan15
11-11-2018, 09:44 PM

Lmao this was the superstar they were waiting to put next to LeBron the whole time!!

More-Than-Most
11-11-2018, 09:58 PM
See saying you knew he would fail on the rockets is nothing... most were saying that... I will jerk my own ability yet again... I said he would destroy them which he did... I also stated and argued with so very many people when he first went to the thunder where I said he would do nothing but hold them back and the trade is one of the worst ever... People... RPM. : )

R. Johnson#3
11-12-2018, 12:52 AM
He's going to China. Starbury 2.0 just not as good.

TrueFan420
11-12-2018, 01:15 AM
His situation reminds me of AI.
Both have/had something to offer a team. Both seem incapable of recognizing that they aren't/weren't the same player. If they could step back and just become a legit role player.

blahblahyoutoo
11-12-2018, 01:26 AM
he's still overweight and overrated.

Leftcoast_yg
11-12-2018, 02:01 AM
Honestly i can see him back in Denver

TrueFan420
11-12-2018, 02:26 AM
he's still overweight and overrated.

I don't think he's overrated most have him a shadow of himself who simply doesn't have it. He's a net negitive who chucks shots and doesn't play d. If he would simply redefine his game that could change.

R. Johnson#3
11-12-2018, 06:29 AM
If the Cavs really want to drive that tank into the ground then why not sign Melo and start him? Everybody wins in that case.

Heediot
11-12-2018, 07:58 AM
I don't buy these reports. At least it's too premature. The relationship hasn't been good. But way too early to bail. People will throw anything at the wall for hits.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-12-2018, 08:20 AM

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-12-2018, 08:26 AM

Maybe Wade recruits Melo to Miami?

mightybosstone
11-12-2018, 08:40 AM
Where did the Rocket fans go? lol MBT....?

Please keep him away from LAL..

I've already eaten some crow on PSD, but I'm fine to have a few more platefuls...

Again, I was wrong about the Rockets offseason acquisitions. Melo doesn't fit and (for some reason I can't discern) somehow seems to have been a huge reason why the Rockets have struggled this season. Also, Ennis is definitely not Trevor Ariza, and MCW is truly unplayable. Pretty much the only thing I was right about was thinking undrafted rookie Gary Clark could crack the rotation ar some point this season, and somehow the guy is already playing crunch time minutes over Ennis.

Ultimately, it's best for everyone involved if they can just all move on at this point. It was always a low risk deal, and at least they can move on from Melo and he can sign elsewhere, and the Rockets still have plenty of time to salvage their season.

mightybosstone
11-12-2018, 08:45 AM
See saying you knew he would fail on the rockets is nothing... most were saying that... I will jerk my own ability yet again... I said he would destroy them which he did... I also stated and argued with so very many people when he first went to the thunder where I said he would do nothing but hold them back and the trade is one of the worst ever... People... RPM. : )

He didn't "destroy" anything. They're 12 games into the season and are barely out of the playoff picture in mid-November. There is still a ton of time for them to fix this, and they still have two of the league's 15 best players locked in for the next four years. They'll move on, right the ship and start playing winning basketball again.

This was always a low risk experiment for Morey and D'Antoni. And if the experiment failed, they always had the opportunity to move on from Melo. That's what they're doing.

kdspurman
11-12-2018, 09:33 AM

mightybosstone
11-12-2018, 10:00 AM
Honestly, if it couldn't work with Westbrook and George or Paul and Harden, what makes Philly think they're going to be any different? If I were them and I needed help at the 4, I'd honestly just play more small ball and look to make a deal for a competent forward around the trade deadline.

They're already going to have to incorporate Butler into the team. Trying to do that AND trying to figure out how to win games with Melo getting minutes seems like too much on paper. The ultimate goal should be to make the best of this season and impress Butler enough to sign a long-term contract. Adding Melo probably doesn't help them in that regard.

Rivera
11-12-2018, 10:20 AM
i hate that houston is trying to paint like Melo is the problem in Houston, smh feel bad for Melo.

Scoots
11-12-2018, 10:55 AM
Honestly, if it couldn't work with Westbrook and George or Paul and Harden, what makes Philly think they're going to be any different? If I were them and I needed help at the 4, I'd honestly just play more small ball and look to make a deal for a competent forward around the trade deadline.

They're already going to have to incorporate Butler into the team. Trying to do that AND trying to figure out how to win games with Melo getting minutes seems like too much on paper. The ultimate goal should be to make the best of this season and impress Butler enough to sign a long-term contract. Adding Melo probably doesn't help them in that regard.

I think it's that they are paper thin right now and they are looking for anything. I think they should hold out for something else on the buyout market.

AllBall
11-12-2018, 11:10 AM
Both have/had something to offer a team. Both seem incapable of recognizing that they aren't/weren't the same player. If they could step back and just become a legit role player.

Fitting comparison. They played together too, lol. I feel sympathetic to Melo now, the Rockets are garbage right now not because of him. That's on the starters and coaches. Oh well, I see him ending up with Lebron or Wade.

Jamiecballer
11-12-2018, 11:31 AM
Oh man I would just love the 76ers to **** themselves and get melo

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Wrigheyes4MVP
11-12-2018, 11:55 AM
Unfortunately, I don't think Lebron can resist.

Lol he's def going to LA

Wrigheyes4MVP
11-12-2018, 11:57 AM

Vince Carter was able to do it for a while. He was a solid role player off the bench before he got really old. It's a hard thing for a former superstar to do, especially when that superstar is a volume scorer.

ewing
11-12-2018, 12:24 PM
So want Melo to sign with the Sixers

https://94wip.radio.com/carmelo-anthony-sixers

lakerfan85
11-12-2018, 12:24 PM
The big question is.. Will Melo have a video tribute waiting upon his return to play the Rockets?

Leftcoast_yg
11-12-2018, 12:59 PM
The big question is.. Will Melo have a video tribute waiting upon his return to play the Rockets?

A shaqtin a fool tribute video

mightybosstone
11-12-2018, 01:24 PM
i hate that houston is trying to paint like Melo is the problem in Houston, smh feel bad for Melo.

Fitting comparison. They played together too, lol. I feel sympathetic to Melo now, the Rockets are garbage right now not because of him. That's on the starters and coaches. Oh well, I see him ending up with Lebron or Wade.

To be fair, it hasn't been all on Melo. CP3 has been wildly inconsistent, and both Capela and Gordon started the year off like crap. It didn't help that Paul got suspended for two games or that Harden missed three games with the hammy issues.

But let's not act like Melo doesn't deserve any blame here. The dude's numbers are atrocious. Despite having career low years last season, his PER, WS/48, OBPM and DBPM are all even worse than last year. He's averaging 13.4 points on 12.1 shots per game and shooting 40.5 percent from the floor and 32.8 percent from the 3-point line.

But even beyond the numbers, the dude looked lost on the floor half the time, and it was clear that the time was just much better when he was off the floor and Gary Clark (an undrafted rookie) was playing his minutes. He'd come in, and I'd hold my breath waiting to see what we got. Offensively, he would disappear for huge chunks and just clunk shot after shot. He was too hesitant on 3-pointers, and when he wasn't comfortable with those, he was taking and missing 18-footers instead.

And defensively, he was a little better than I expected, but definitely a big part in the massive dropoff they had defensively from last season to this year. The Rockets have been much better defensively over the last 4-5 games, and I have to think Melo getting fewer and fewer minutes have been a part of it.

If I had to guess how the last few days have gone down, I'm thinking Morey and D'Antoni probably sat him down and told him "Look, we're doing much better without you on the floor than with you, and we need to cut your minutes to next to nothing. If you're OK with that, we're happy to have you on the team. But if you want out, we can go our separate ways now; no harm, no foul." And Melo probably wants to save face rather than sit on the bench doing nothing.

GREATNESS ONE
11-12-2018, 01:27 PM

Dude.... NOOOOO!!!! Lol

GREATNESS ONE
11-12-2018, 01:28 PM
So want Melo to sign with the Sixers

https://94wip.radio.com/carmelo-anthony-sixers

:hope:

mightybosstone
11-12-2018, 01:28 PM
I think it's that they are paper thin right now and they are looking for anything. I think they should hold out for something else on the buyout market.
In all seriousness, I think they'd be better off just plugging a body in there for 20-25 minutes a night and/or playing more small ball. With a roster that talented, sometimes you just need a guy to come in, set good screens, compete on defense, crash the glass and hit the occasional open shot. The Rockets are seeing that now by giving Melo's minutes to Clark. The dude played 33 minutes last night, and it was easily their best game of the season.

Leftcoast_yg
11-12-2018, 01:47 PM
To be fair, it hasn't been all on Melo. CP3 has been wildly inconsistent, and both Capela and Gordon started the year off like crap. It didn't help that Paul got suspended for two games or that Harden missed three games with the hammy issues.

But let's not act like Melo doesn't deserve any blame here. The dude's numbers are atrocious. Despite having career low years last season, his PER, WS/48, OBPM and DBPM are all even worse than last year. He's averaging 13.4 points on 12.1 shots per game and shooting 40.5 percent from the floor and 32.8 percent from the 3-point line.

But even beyond the numbers, the dude looked lost on the floor half the time, and it was clear that the time was just much better when he was off the floor and Gary Clark (an undrafted rookie) was playing his minutes. He'd come in, and I'd hold my breath waiting to see what we got. Offensively, he would disappear for huge chunks and just clunk shot after shot. He was too hesitant on 3-pointers, and when he wasn't comfortable with those, he was taking and missing 18-footers instead.

And defensively, he was a little better than I expected, but definitely a big part in the massive dropoff they had defensively from last season to this year. The Rockets have been much better defensively over the last 4-5 games, and I have to think Melo getting fewer and fewer minutes have been a part of it.

If I had to guess how the last few days have gone down, I'm thinking Morey and D'Antoni probably sat him down and told him "Look, we're doing much better without you on the floor than with you, and we need to cut your minutes to next to nothing. If you're OK with that, we're happy to have you on the team. But if you want out, we can go our separate ways now; no harm, no foul." And Melo probably wants to save face rather than sit on the bench doing nothing.

Dantoni is garbage he doesnt like playing the post and just wants to run pick and rolls all day. He even benched Pau Gasol when he was coaching the Lakers. Melo isnt the same but he can still bully people in the post and play in and out if Antoni allowed it. I hope Melo goes to a team that appreciates his skills and not turn him into a jumpshooter which has never been hus strong suit.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-12-2018, 01:53 PM

Vinylman
11-12-2018, 02:03 PM
is his deal in Houston fully guaranteed? If so, this is gonna get hilarious... dude is making bank Ö couple million with each stop lol

Saddletramp
11-12-2018, 02:16 PM
is his deal in Houston fully guaranteed? If so, this is gonna get hilarious... dude is making bank Ö couple million with each stop lol

Itís under $2million so.....

mightybosstone
11-12-2018, 02:18 PM
Dantoni is garbage he doesnt like playing the post and just wants to run pick and rolls all day. He even benched Pau Gasol when he was coaching the Lakers. Melo isnt the same but he can still bully people in the post and play in and out if Antoni allowed it. I hope Melo goes to a team that appreciates his skills and not turn him into a jumpshooter which has never been hus strong suit.

Since when did you have to utilize post play to be a good team or a good coach anymore? If you were to analyze how often the Warriors utilize post play, I'm pretty sure those numbers would be next to nothing. MOST teams don't use many post possessions anymore. It's a skillset that is just getting less and less valuable in today's NBA. So if you're going to criticize D'Antoni for not using it more, then you pretty much have to critique the entire league and every other team.

As for what few post possessions I DID see from Melo, I saw a lot of "back him down, back him down and then try to hit a contested turnaround 13-footer." Those are not high percentage shots. I rarely ever saw Melo use his post play to get easy shots around the rim.

mightybosstone
11-12-2018, 02:22 PM

I mean.... the dude is making the veteran minimum. I wouldn't exactly suggest that Melo fleeced the Rockets or anything. $1.5 million is a lot of money to us, but it's nothing by NBA standards.

nastynice
11-12-2018, 02:22 PM
Melo already looked done last year, this was kinda expected

Rivera
11-12-2018, 02:25 PM

cant really disagree with anything here. I know how much Melo has fallen but I still have a soft spot for him, so I can admit im on the defensive here. I guess what is bugging me is this story is getting spun on twitter that Melo was the problem, and as you know the Rockets have more problems than Melo ive seen your posts about the Rox struggles. Melo did everything asked of him and now it feels like open season to take a dump on Melo when he did everything asked of him.

I can totally see that last sentence tho. Morey in a meeting with Melo and Melo saying bump this, if im not going to play let me go. Can totally see that, I wish that was the story (only if its true) than whats being spun by sportswriters and twitter

Chronz
11-12-2018, 02:36 PM

True, he's riding what name value he has left

R. Johnson#3
11-12-2018, 02:47 PM
Last year he talked about how he wouldnít come off the bench. Heís been on 3 teams since then, maybe 4 now?

R. Johnson#3
11-12-2018, 02:50 PM
Iím trying to find it but am having trouble. There was a photo on TNT that showed Houston was actually listing Melo as the ď6th manĒ on their score sheet. No other team highlights that role on an official score sheet. It really goes to show just how comfortable Melo was with riding the pine.

mightybosstone
11-12-2018, 02:51 PM
cant really disagree with anything here. I know how much Melo has fallen but I still have a soft spot for him, so I can admit im on the defensive here. I guess what is bugging me is this story is getting spun on twitter that Melo was the problem, and as you know the Rockets have more problems than Melo ive seen your posts about the Rox struggles. Melo did everything asked of him and now it feels like open season to take a dump on Melo when he did everything asked of him.

I can totally see that last sentence tho. Morey in a meeting with Melo and Melo saying bump this, if im not going to play let me go. Can totally see that, I wish that was the story (only if its true) than whats being spun by sportswriters and twitter

Yeah, I don't buy the whole "Melo as a cancer" thing, in terms of locker room stuff or how he impacts a team. I just think he's a hard guy to fit on a contender in today's NBA, when he isn't really happy when he's not playing his game.

I just get the sense that he's disinterested in his current role, hanging out at the 3-point line and jacking up shots when Harden and Paul have done their thing. I think he wants to use the possession to get a good look for himself. The problem is I just don't think he's that guy anymore, and I don't think the style of play he loves leads to winning basketball. There's a reason his career efficiency is so poor and his teams have been so underwhelming.

All that being said, I have no ill will toward the guy if he does leave. He signed here for the veteran minimum, and if it doesn't work, it's not completely his fault. He hasn't complained to the media about his role, and he hasn't done anything that leads me to believe he's a negative in the locker room. And I appreciate his professionalism through the whole thing.

Hawkeye15
11-12-2018, 03:02 PM

Albert Haynsworth type **** here

Hawkeye15
11-12-2018, 03:03 PM
Yeah, I don't buy the whole "Melo as a cancer" thing, in terms of locker room stuff or how he impacts a team. I just think he's a hard guy to fit on a contender in today's NBA, when he isn't really happy when he's not playing his game.

I just get the sense that he's disinterested in his current role, hanging out at the 3-point line and jacking up shots when Harden and Paul have done their thing. I think he wants to use the possession to get a good look for himself. The problem is I just don't think he's that guy anymore, and I don't think the style of play he loves leads to winning basketball. There's a reason his career efficiency is so poor and his teams have been so underwhelming.

All that being said, I have no ill will toward the guy if he does leave. He signed here for the veteran minimum, and if it doesn't work, it's not completely his fault. He hasn't complained to the media about his role, and he hasn't done anything that leads me to believe he's a negative in the locker room. And I appreciate his professionalism through the whole thing.

yeah at this point, Melo serves no purpose anywhere. His catch and observe, 3 tool game is just archaic and not needed, and he offers literally zero else besides volume scoring. it would be one thing if he embraced this last part of his career and brought another tool, but he won't.

Vinylman
11-12-2018, 03:36 PM
Itís under $2million so.....

I think you are confusing the cap # with his actual salary... cap is $1.512 while his salary is $2.394

Hope he runs a scam on someone else...

Rivera
11-12-2018, 03:37 PM
Hawks legend should return home

Leftcoast_yg
11-12-2018, 03:44 PM
Since when did you have to utilize post play to be a good team or a good coach anymore? If you were to analyze how often the Warriors utilize post play, I'm pretty sure those numbers would be next to nothing. MOST teams don't use many post possessions anymore. It's a skillset that is just getting less and less valuable in today's NBA. So if you're going to criticize D'Antoni for not using it more, then you pretty much have to critique the entire league and every other team.

As for what few post possessions I DID see from Melo, I saw a lot of "back him down, back him down and then try to hit a contested turnaround 13-footer." Those are not high percentage shots. I rarely ever saw Melo use his post play to get easy shots around the rim.

Be quiet son i never stated hou nees to play in the post more i said melo is better suited in the post and dantoni wont utilize melos strenghts because he is stubborn and a trash coach. You gotta switch out your kotex. Btw Durant is one of the best post players in the league as far as scoring goes and fraymond play makes from posts up nuff said sit down boy.

Saddletramp
11-12-2018, 04:21 PM
I think you are confusing the cap # with his actual salary... cap is $1.512 while his salary is $2.394

Hope he runs a scam on someone else...

Itís not my money/I donít care. If he signed and then faked an injury when the Rockets couldíve had a better player? If this was a multi-year contract that had to be stretched or a puck attached to get rid of it? If this was for the MLE or BAE? Sure, I might get a little harrumphed but Morey still has one of those that he didnít have to use.

Vinylman
11-12-2018, 05:15 PM
Itís not my money/I donít care. If he signed and then faked an injury when the Rockets couldíve had a better player? If this was a multi-year contract that had to be stretched or a puck attached to get rid of it? If this was for the MLE or BAE? Sure, I might get a little harrumphed but Morey still has one of those that he didnít have to use.

I was talking about it from Melo's perspective... scamming teams... Houston didn't do anything wrong Ö it was a vet min deal

AllBall
11-12-2018, 05:39 PM
I was talking about it from Melo's perspective... scamming teams... Houston didn't do anything wrong Ö it was a vet min deal

I don't really see it that way. Every year a ton of players get the vet minimum and then released.

R. Johnson#3
11-12-2018, 06:02 PM

I think his ego is so big that it makes him a problem. Back in NY you could claim he was a bit of a cancer considering he was jealous of Jeremy Lin and basically ran him out of town. He couldn't handle the fact that Linsanity was bigger than his return from injury.

While he was in OKC I remember reading an interview with Melo on how he felt about missing the all star game. He made it seem like him making sacrifices (giving up shots) was something that he really shouldn't have to do in order to benefit the team as a whole but whatever, he'll do it. I got the feeling that he didn't really care about how his team did. He just wanted his. I wouldn't be surprised if he's complaining about 12 shots a game. Dude needed to be highlighted as the 6th man on the score sheet for crying out loud.

Tg11
11-12-2018, 06:40 PM
I just have a feeling Melo will somehow end up in Showtime that he will end up with LeBron and the crew in LA

mightybosstone
11-12-2018, 07:32 PM
Be quiet son i never stated hou nees to play in the post more i said melo is better suited in the post and dantoni wont utilize melos strenghts because he is stubborn and a trash coach.
Let's review the first few sentences of your original post here, chief:

Dantoni is garbage he doesnt like playing the post and just wants to run pick and rolls all day. He even benched Pau Gasol when he was coaching the Lakers. Melo isnt the same but he can still bully people in the post and play in and out if Antoni allowed it.
So based on your post, you think:
A. D'Antoni is garbage because he doesn't like when offenses utilize the post.
B. Melo can bully people in the post.
C. Melo could play well in the post if D'Antoni allowed him to.

So, how exactly is that not you saying the Rockets need to utilize the post more? That's EXACTLY what you were saying.

You gotta switch out your kotex.

That's classy.

Btw Durant is one of the best post players in the league as far as scoring goes and fraymond play makes from posts up nuff said sit down boy.
Punctuation is your friend. Use it. You're a 34-year-old man talking with other adults about sports, not a 14-year-old teenager texting his girlfriend between 2nd and 3rd period.

IndyRealist
11-12-2018, 08:28 PM
I'm amazed that there's 5 pages of people that still think Melo was ever a good player.

FlashBolt
11-12-2018, 08:28 PM
Honestly don't know of any team thinking of winning that would take him at this point.

I wonder who Morey is hoping to get cut from their current team so he can sign them to replace Melo ... Ariza?

I honestly think Warriors would consider him. Your bench ain't that great.

GREATNESS ONE
11-12-2018, 08:29 PM
I'm amazed that there's 5 pages of people that still think Melo was ever a good player.

you don't think Melo was ever a good player/Hofer?

Leftcoast_yg
11-12-2018, 09:02 PM
Let's review the first few sentences of your original post here, chief:

So based on your post, you think:
A. D'Antoni is garbage because he doesn't like when offenses utilize the post.
B. Melo can bully people in the post.
C. Melo could play well in the post if D'Antoni allowed him to.

So, how exactly is that not you saying the Rockets need to utilize the post more? That's EXACTLY what you were saying.

That's classy.

Punctuation is your friend. Use it. You're a 34-year-old man talking with other adults about sports, not a 14-year-old teenager texting his girlfriend between 2nd and 3rd period.
Lol ok son you win. So what about gsw not playing in the post when i stated they do actually and run their offense through draymond. And kd will post up a smaller player. No response on that huh lololol

It actuallt does feel like im talking to a 15 year old girl thanks for recognizing that. 😅

IndyRealist
11-12-2018, 09:05 PM

Melo was never a good player. I count two seasons where he might have been slightly above average but certainly not all-star level, let alone a Hall of Famer. He was at his best on Olympic rosters surrounded by legitimate HoFers drawing attention away from him. Denver and New York catered to his every whim and he couldn't take them anywhere. He's never bothered with defense. Early in his career people mistook potential, which he had, for production, which he didn't. You see the same story play out with every new rookie class. Just because a guy scores a lot doesn't mean he's good at scoring. It just means he's being given shots. Granted, he was incredibly difficult to guard 1v1 for a time. The problem is basketball is 5v5, and you can't expect 1v1s as the #1 option. He could have rings as the #2 or #3, but he's always been a terrible #1.

cmellofan15
11-12-2018, 09:32 PM
Lol ok son you win. So what about gsw not playing in the post when i stated they do actually and run their offense through draymond. And kd will post up a smaller player. No response on that huh lololol

It actuallt does feel like im talking to a 15 year old girl thanks for recognizing that. 😅

Give it up. You just got ****ing embarrassed.

tredigs
11-12-2018, 10:04 PM
Impossible to have seen this coming.

GREATNESS ONE
11-12-2018, 10:28 PM
Sorry bro, but Melo is hands down easily a HOFíer. Heíll probably even 1st ballot.

Scoots
11-12-2018, 10:29 PM
I honestly think Warriors would consider him. Your bench ain't that great.

Nope

IndyRealist
11-12-2018, 10:43 PM
Sorry bro, but Melo is hands down easily a HOFíer. Heíll probably even 1st ballot.

I never said he wouldn't be a hall of famer. I said he was never a good player, and never played at a hall of fame level. He will get in the hall of fame because the majority of voters are ignorant.

blahblahyoutoo
11-12-2018, 11:02 PM
I don't think he's overrated most have him a shadow of himself who simply doesn't have it. He's a net negitive who chucks shots and doesn't play d. If he would simply redefine his game that could change.

he's been like this for years now.
and you didn't address his weight issue.

ewing
11-12-2018, 11:07 PM
he's been like this for years now.
and you didn't address his weight issue.

I think its his knees. Up until a couple years ago he was a good catch and shoot player. He still loved going one on one and was inefficient bc of it but he could shoot. Now he canít even do that. I think he is just washed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blahblahyoutoo
11-12-2018, 11:08 PM

he was a good iso, ball hog, low IQ, egotistical high volume shot taker, yes.

i love how all the talking heads always drop the olympic gold medals... as if that really counts for anything.

AllBall
11-12-2018, 11:13 PM

It's 5 pages of pointing out how Houston is a clown show. Who from his draft class is a "good" player by your standards?

FlashBolt
11-12-2018, 11:48 PM
I never said he wouldn't be a hall of famer. I said he was never a good player, and never played at a hall of fame level. He will get in the hall of fame because the majority of voters are ignorant.

Melo was never a good player? I'm not one to defend Melo but he was a great player. Not historically great but considering others who get into the HOF, the norm is it doesn't take much to get into the HOF. They should just start an NBA Hall-of-Fame and have it much more exclusive. He was a top 10-15 player for many years.

GREATNESS ONE
11-13-2018, 12:22 AM
Yea same, I'm not going to sit here and defend Melo but he's easily a HOF'er

kobe4thewinbang
11-13-2018, 03:35 AM
Have they even tried starting Carmelo? Might be a mental block or something...
Or they just want to scapegoat him due to the early struggles with injuries.

If they're just done with Carmelo, then they should go ALL IN on trying to get a third star.

Bradley Beal...? I would be calling every team on the verge of implosion, as I'm sure Morey is doing.

FlashBolt
11-13-2018, 03:51 AM
Or they just want to scapegoat him due to the early struggles with injuries.

If they're just done with Carmelo, then they should go ALL IN on trying to get a third star.

Bradley Beal...? I would be calling every team on the verge of implosion, as I'm sure Morey is doing.

How do you reckon they get Beal? Houston also has a lack of talent across the roster. They're just not a very deep team as it is. I'm not sure how Houston fans feel about this as they went from a clear #2 team in the league challenging the Warriors to being a team that really has no business being regarded as a contender. To make things worse, they just gave CP3 $40 million per year and he's looking older every second. Owner didn't want to spend the money, their defensive coach won't be back until Thanksgiving, and they are terrible at shooting the three this season.

kobe4thewinbang
11-13-2018, 04:06 AM
How do you reckon they get Beal? Houston also has a lack of talent across the roster. They're just not a very deep team as it is. I'm not sure how Houston fans feel about this as they went from a clear #2 team in the league challenging the Warriors to being a team that really has no business being regarded as a contender. To make things worse, they just gave CP3 $40 million per year and he's looking older every second. Owner didn't want to spend the money, their defensive coach won't be back until Thanksgiving, and they are terrible at shooting the three this season.CP3's been atrocious, for sure! Harden can't do it all (we've seen him gas out ad infinitum). Saw a comment the other day of how Morey clearly underestimated the impact of defensive wing players. Wonder why they skipped town so fast, reminds me of Barkley's remark about Harden, couldn't find the clip...it was last year. Basically he said, "If you're an NBA player, you must hate playing with this dude. He runs down the shot clock, meanwhile you forced to just stand around and then pray you get the rebound if he misses that stepback three." It is quite a bummer how it looks like Houston is nowhere near where they were last year, definitely the D'Antoni effect...

And I don't know how they get Beal. Throw the whole farm at Washington. They're not exactly trusting their own players at the moment, either.

They offered four picks for Butler, so do the same and then add:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y6vtrjhq

At least make the offer! Dead certainty that Washington could get a better deal for Beal, but you gotta try. Just looking at the roster shows how depleted this team has become. Can't believe they gave Paul 35 million when they already have 35-40 tied up in Harden per year. You're literally paying them the same amount of money, and 70 million on two players.

I liked the Capela re-signing, but they have no power forward.

Hell, it might be better to get Porter. Not sure if Beal really helps much.

C: Capela
PF: LOL
SF: Porter
SG: Harden
PG: Paul

Honestly, this team may need to rebuild. They've got too much money tied up.

kobe4thewinbang
11-13-2018, 04:07 AM
Wouldnít be surprisedI guess he can replace Beasley. But ugh.

mightybosstone
11-13-2018, 08:59 AM
I'm not going to sit here and make excuses for how bad the Rockets have been, but for everyone thinking they're done, I think you're pretty foolish to count them out. Consider the following facts:

1. Of their 12 games, 10 of them have been against teams with winning records.
2. Of their 12 games, 5 of them were without either Harden or Paul. They were 1-4 in those games.
3. Eric Gordon has been beyond abysmal, shooting 32 percent from the floor and 23 percent from the 3-point line. He will regress to the mean.
4. After finally figuring out their rotation (only took them 12 games :mad:), they're coming off easily their best win of the season.
5. Jeff Bzdelik comes back after Thanksgiving.
6. They have most (if not all of, I can't remember) of their taxpayer MLE left, so they'll have their pick of the buyout market.
7. After games against Denver and Golden State, their next six games are against teams with losing records.
8. It's Nov. 13, and there are 70 games left to play.

So basically, by the end of the month, they should be back to .500 with a rotation they finally trust and their defensive coach back. On top of that, Nene ought to be back by then, helping fix some of their frontcourt depth issues. And they've positioned themselves to be a mover around the trade deadline with assets and picks to move, and a good chunk of change to spend in the buyout market.

You guys go ahead and count them out, but you do so at your own peril. And I'll be sure to remind you that you did so in April when they're back toward the top of the West again.

mightybosstone
11-13-2018, 09:07 AM
Saw a comment the other day of how Morey clearly underestimated the impact of defensive wing players.
He did, but there wasn't anything he did wrong in handling the Ariza situation. Ariza wanted $15 million. He couldn't offer it, and it would have been absurd to offer that much money.

Wonder why they skipped town so fast, reminds me of Barkley's remark about Harden, couldn't find the clip...it was last year. Basically he said, "If you're an NBA player, you must hate playing with this dude. He runs down the shot clock, meanwhile you forced to just stand around and then pray you get the rebound if he misses that stepback three."
I generally find Barkley entertaining, but the guy is a moron when it comes to basketball takes. Guys love playing with Harden. He has made Capela's career. He has gotten role players wide open corner 3 looks their entire career. And on top of that, he's super chill and isn't the ultracompetitive, "beat you down when you're struggling" Kobe Bryant type. There's a reason Chris Paul came to Houston and both he and Capela signed long-term extensions here.

It is quite a bummer how it looks like Houston is nowhere near where they were last year, definitely the D'Antoni effect...
What is the "D'Antoni effect?" Please elaborate.

And I don't know how they get Beal. Throw the whole farm at Washington. They're not exactly trusting their own players at the moment, either.

They offered four picks for Butler, so do the same and then add:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y6vtrjhq

At least make the offer! Dead certainty that Washington could get a better deal for Beal, but you gotta try. Just looking at the roster shows how depleted this team has become. Can't believe they gave Paul 35 million when they already have 35-40 tied up in Harden per year. You're literally paying them the same amount of money, and 70 million on two players.
They don't need Beal. He's basically a rich man's Eric Gordon. Porter would legitimately help, but I'm not sure I'd want him at that amount of money.

I liked the Capela re-signing, but they have no power forward.
PJ Tucker is the PF, and he's a damn good one in today's NBA and the perfect guy for the defense they play. How many real traditional power forwards do you even see in the league anymore? The NBA has become point guards, wings and bigs. And most teams only have one big on the floor at a time.

Honestly, this team may need to rebuild. They've got too much money tied up.
I'll refer you to my previous post. Care to make a sig wager on whether the Lakers will finish with a better record? :eyebrow:

R. Johnson#3
11-13-2018, 09:49 AM

ďAlright there James, Chris and Clint. We want you all to sacrifice some looks for Melo.Ē

That would go over great.

Heediot
11-13-2018, 09:58 AM
I think its his knees. Up until a couple years ago he was a good catch and shoot player. He still loved going one on one and was inefficient bc of it but he could shoot. Now he canít even do that. I think he is just washed

I guess you know more about Melo, since you're a knick fan. I thought Cp and Harden would give him some of his easiest looks ever in his career. The guy's efficiency has been putrid this year and last, so it might be related to his knee.

Tg11
11-13-2018, 10:28 AM
At this point they have even be suggesting that Melo go overseas either to Europe or China to play basketball or retire

Vinylman
11-13-2018, 10:41 AM
I'm not going to sit here and make excuses for how bad the Rockets have been, but for everyone thinking they're done, I think you're pretty foolish to count them out. Consider the following facts:

1. Of their 12 games, 10 of them have been against teams with winning records.
2. Of their 12 games, 5 of them were without either Harden or Paul. They were 1-4 in those games.
3. Eric Gordon has been beyond abysmal, shooting 32 percent from the floor and 23 percent from the 3-point line. He will regress to the mean.
4. After finally figuring out their rotation (only took them 12 games :mad:), they're coming off easily their best win of the season.
5. Jeff Bzdelik comes back after Thanksgiving.
6. They have most (if not all of, I can't remember) of their taxpayer MLE left, so they'll have their pick of the buyout market.
7. After games against Denver and Golden State, their next six games are against teams with losing records.
8. It's Nov. 13, and there are 70 games left to play.

So basically, by the end of the month, they should be back to .500 with a rotation they finally trust and their defensive coach back. On top of that, Nene ought to be back by then, helping fix some of their frontcourt depth issues. And they've positioned themselves to be a mover around the trade deadline with assets and picks to move, and a good chunk of change to spend in the buyout market.

You guys go ahead and count them out, but you do so at your own peril. And I'll be sure to remind you that you did so in April when they're back toward the top of the West again.

yeah... they will figure it out and add pieces through buyouts or the deadline but don't kid yourself... watching CP3 clearly indicates this teams window closes after this year...

the underestimated the value of continuity. Not surprised since both Morey and Dandummy are plugnplay guys.

Enjoy the season... it is downhill after this year.

Tg11
11-13-2018, 10:49 AM
To think everyone thought with Melo on the Rockets they would be a better team...guess not

ewing
11-13-2018, 11:58 AM
yeah... they will figure it out and add pieces through buyouts or the deadline but don't kid yourself... watching CP3 clearly indicates this teams window closes after this year...

the underestimated the value of continuity. Not surprised since both Morey and Dandummy are plugnplay guys.

Dandummy, thatís real funny. Did you make that up?

mightybosstone
11-13-2018, 12:20 PM

That's way too much of a blanket statement to make, dude. There are an infinite number of unknown factors you're not considering. For one, you're judging Paul based on a 10-game sample size. You're assuming that based on some poor play in a few games that he's automatically going downhill. Let's see how this season plays out and how his numbers look at the halfway mark before we make that kind of a determination.

Secondly, if you're basing their window solely off the Warriors, there's a ton of unknown factors with that team. Durant and Thompson are both potentially free agents after this season. What if one or both of them leave? Draymond is a free agent the year after that. What if they spend so much money to keep Durant and/or Thompson that they can't afford a legitimate offer for Draymond? Hell, forgetting contracts, what happens if someone gets hurt at the wrong time or randomly starts to decline? All of these things are up in the air.

Meanwhile the Rockets still have their four most important players (Harden, Paul, Capela, Tucker) locked in for the next three seasons after this one and Gordon is a Rocket at least through year. So that's a pretty solid window. Could Paul decline? Absolutely. Could Harden start declining? Sure, it's possible. But it's also possible that this team could start to gel, figure out the magic they had last year and figure out a way to beat the Warriors and stay a contender for the remainder of Paul's contract.

You can certainly predict something or make educated guesses based on the info in front of you, but don't act like you know exactly how the future is going to play out. You are not an NBA soothsayer.

Vinylman
11-13-2018, 01:06 PM
Dandummy, thatís real funny. Did you make that up?

about 6 years ago when he was with the Lakers..

Vinylman
11-13-2018, 01:12 PM
That's way too much of a blanket statement to make, dude. There are an infinite number of unknown factors you're not considering. For one, you're judging Paul based on a 10-game sample size. You're assuming that based on some poor play in a few games that he's automatically going downhill. Let's see how this season plays out and how his numbers look at the halfway mark before we make that kind of a determination.

Secondly, if you're basing their window solely off the Warriors, there's a ton of unknown factors with that team. Durant and Thompson are both potentially free agents after this season. What if one or both of them leave? Draymond is a free agent the year after that. What if they spend so much money to keep Durant and/or Thompson that they can't afford a legitimate offer for Draymond? Hell, forgetting contracts, what happens if someone gets hurt at the wrong time or randomly starts to decline? All of these things are up in the air.

Meanwhile the Rockets still have their four most important players (Harden, Paul, Capela, Tucker) locked in for the next three seasons after this one and Gordon is a Rocket at least through year. So that's a pretty solid window. Could Paul decline? Absolutely. Could Harden start declining? Sure, it's possible. But it's also possible that this team could start to gel, figure out the magic they had last year and figure out a way to beat the Warriors and stay a contender for the remainder of Paul's contract.

You can certainly predict something or make educated guesses based on the info in front of you, but don't act like you know exactly how the future is going to play out. You are not an NBA soothsayer.

cmon man... we have seen it time and time again with CP3... he constantly gets hurt when it matters.

Like I said Ö the team will continue to improve and make tweeks. I still think they win 50-52 games this year if they stay healthy. It is just that they don't really have any upside with the current cast... everyone is pretty much at their max playing level. Who is gonna take the next step? Capella? He is what he is.

Hopefully you guys can make a run this year but I just don't see it and believe it is more likely we see CP3 in street clothes during the playoffs.

mightybosstone
11-13-2018, 02:00 PM
cmon man... we have seen it time and time again with CP3... he constantly gets hurt when it matters.
Who cares? Since when did previous outcomes necessarily determine future outcomes? Injuries are random and unpredictable. There is no rule stating "Player X got injured in this playoff series, therefore he will always be injured during all future postseasons."

Like I said Ö the team will continue to improve and make tweeks. I still think they win 50-52 games this year if they stay healthy. It is just that they don't really have any upside with the current cast... everyone is pretty much at their max playing level. Who is gonna take the next step? Capella? He is what he is.
Who says they have to? The team last year was good enough to push Golden State and potentially win the series barring Paul's injury. Is it so illogical to suggest they could do it again without Ariza (who shot 7-35 from the 3-point line in that series) or Mbah a Moute (who literally played 0 minutes in the Rockets' three wins)?

I'm not saying the Rockets are going to win a title. Hell, I'm not even saying it's likely that they're going to win one. It's not, especially given how they're playing right now. But to suggest the window has absolutely closed based on a 12-game regular season sample size in mid-November is completely asinine.

tredigs
11-13-2018, 02:44 PM
How are you feeling about your self imposed lifetime ban if the Rockets don't win 55 games this season MBT? Still confident or nah?

mightybosstone
11-13-2018, 02:51 PM
How are you feeling about your self imposed lifetime ban if the Rockets don't win 55 games this season MBT? Still confident or nah?

Did I say that? :laugh: I honestly don't remember. I probably make 2-3 self-imposed lifetime ban statements per year, so it does sound like something I'd do. Considering my first kid is coming in February, though, it might actually be good for me.

Edit: To answer your question, though, I'm not confident that they'll win 55 games. If the Rockets' season three years ago taught me anything, it's to never assume success solely based on talent. Too many things can happen that can derail a super talented team, and the Rockets are looking pretty derailed right about now. I still feel good about their chances to right the ship and make the playoffs with a decent seed. But would I say I'm "confident" they'll win at least 55 games? Not remotely.

Vinylman
11-13-2018, 02:52 PM
Who cares? Since when did previous outcomes necessarily determine future outcomes? Injuries are random and unpredictable. There is no rule stating "Player X got injured in this playoff series, therefore he will always be injured during all future postseasons."

Who says they have to? The team last year was good enough to push Golden State and potentially win the series barring Paul's injury. Is it so illogical to suggest they could do it again without Ariza (who shot 7-35 from the 3-point line in that series) or Mbah a Moute (who literally played 0 minutes in the Rockets' three wins)?

I'm not saying the Rockets are going to win a title. Hell, I'm not even saying it's likely that they're going to win one. It's not, especially given how they're playing right now. But to suggest the window has absolutely closed based on a 12-game regular season sample size in mid-November is completely asinine.

no worries dude... you act like the CP3 injury bug is a new phenomenon.. it isn't

good luck

tredigs
11-13-2018, 02:55 PM
Did I say that? :laugh: I honestly don't remember. I probably make 2-3 self-imposed lifetime ban statements per year, so it does sound like something I'd do. Considering my first kid is coming in February, though, it might actually be good for me.
:laugh:
Trust me I hear you.

mightybosstone
11-13-2018, 03:04 PM
no worries dude... you act like the CP3 injury bug is a new phenomenon.. it isn't

good luck

New? No. But what's more likely: that Paul will get injured in every postseason for the rest of his career, or that he'll occasionally still get banged up during the playoffs, but he'll have at least one postseason where he's more or less healthy throughout? I'll go with the latter. And even if he's a little banged up, the Rockets could have feasibly coasted through the rest of the West last season without him playing every game. They just needed him to be healthy for seven games against the Warriors.

If they can reclaim their success from last season and figure this thing out, I'd seriously look to rest him as much as possible for the second half of the season and even sit him for a couple of playoff games if I had to. That being said, that's a pretty big "if" right now.

kobe4thewinbang
11-13-2018, 11:24 PM
He did, but there wasn't anything he did wrong in handling the Ariza situation. Ariza wanted $15 million. He couldn't offer it, and it would have been absurd to offer that much money.

I generally find Barkley entertaining, but the guy is a moron when it comes to basketball takes. Guys love playing with Harden. He has made Capela's career. He has gotten role players wide open corner 3 looks their entire career. And on top of that, he's super chill and isn't the ultracompetitive, "beat you down when you're struggling" Kobe Bryant type. There's a reason Chris Paul came to Houston and both he and Capela signed long-term extensions here.

What is the "D'Antoni effect?" Please elaborate.

They don't need Beal. He's basically a rich man's Eric Gordon. Porter would legitimately help, but I'm not sure I'd want him at that amount of money.

PJ Tucker is the PF, and he's a damn good one in today's NBA and the perfect guy for the defense they play. How many real traditional power forwards do you even see in the league anymore? The NBA has become point guards, wings and bigs. And most teams only have one big on the floor at a time.

I'll refer you to my previous post. Care to make a sig wager on whether the Lakers will finish with a better record? :eyebrow:Ariza, yeah, was less upset about letting him go.

It is true that Harden has become a great passer out there. I just feel like sometimes his decision-making leads to him shooting those shots where his guys are mesmerized and just give up the rebound. I guess what I'm really saying is that D'Antoni is not the best coach for this team. By "effect", I meant how D'Antoni can make a team really good but not quite get there. Granted, last year was the very closest his teams have gotten, but unless a turnaround takes place, it doesn't look far from what usually happens with his teams.

PJ Tucker, I like him. But out of Capela, Harden, Paul and Gordon...he's the 5th best player. Even back with Anderson, they were weakest at PF. It'd be nice if they could get another dude instead of Gordon. Maybe just trade Gordon for a quality glue guy or shake-things-up style player. My Lakers are kinda shabby at the moment, but I won't lie and say it hasn't been nice seeing guys on the team that are junkyard dog "M-U-D" dudes. It wouldn't hurt Houston to get some gritty guys. Like I said, maybe it's time to tweak the team a bit (e.g. Porter). His contract is atrocious and I was one of the many going "No!" at the time, but even he would improve the team.

Some folks think the Lakers were going to/are going to challenge for the top seeds out west. Even LeBron has now said he needed to take a step back and go "Okay, it's gonna take some time." I don't think they're going to hit an upswing and overtake Houston, so maybe a lesser bet is in order. Not sure what...but I definitely think the Lakers will make the second round. Trying to remember the brackets...I could see them getting the sixth seed, upsetting #3, and then falling to whoever they'd face next.

What are your feelings on Melo? I think they're being a bit rash...

mightybosstone
11-14-2018, 12:00 AM
It is true that Harden has become a great passer out there. I just feel like sometimes his decision-making leads to him shooting those shots where his guys are mesmerized and just give up the rebound. I guess what I'm really saying is that D'Antoni is not the best coach for this team. By "effect", I meant how D'Antoni can make a team really good but not quite get there. Granted, last year was the very closest his teams have gotten, but unless a turnaround takes place, it doesn't look far from what usually happens with his teams.
:confused: Huh? D'Antoni is the absolute perfect coach for this team. He, Harden and Morey are made for each other. They love layups and 3-pointers, and D'Antoni's strength as an offensive coach who preaches the pick and roll and getting open 3-pointers fits Harden like a glove. If anything, D'Antoni has unlocked Harden's potential.

PJ Tucker, I like him. But out of Capela, Harden, Paul and Gordon...he's the 5th best player. Even back with Anderson, they were weakest at PF. It'd be nice if they could get another dude instead of Gordon. Maybe just trade Gordon for a quality glue guy or shake-things-up style player. My Lakers are kinda shabby at the moment, but I won't lie and say it hasn't been nice seeing guys on the team that are junkyard dog "M-U-D" dudes. It wouldn't hurt Houston to get some gritty guys. Like I said, maybe it's time to tweak the team a bit (e.g. Porter). His contract is atrocious and I was one of the many going "No!" at the time, but even he would improve the team.
You're arguing semantics, dude. Whether Gordon or Tucker is the better player, Tucker is a damn solid 3 and D PF in today's NBA.

What are your feelings on Melo? I think they're being a bit rash...
I think Olympic Melo really is a myth, and it was a nice idea that he would be this perfect jump shooting stretch 4 playing with Paul and Harden. But that simply wasn't the case in reality. He's unwilling to change his game, he just simply didn't fit what this offense is, and he DEFINITELY didn't fit this team defensively. I don't necessarily think it was all his fault, but the Rockets were clearly a better team when he was sitting on the bench.

kobe4thewinbang
11-14-2018, 12:45 AM
:confused: Huh? D'Antoni is the absolute perfect coach for this team. He, Harden and Morey are made for each other. They love layups and 3-pointers, and D'Antoni's strength as an offensive coach who preaches the pick and roll and getting open 3-pointers fits Harden like a glove. If anything, D'Antoni has unlocked Harden's potential.

You're arguing semantics, dude. Whether Gordon or Tucker is the better player, Tucker is a damn solid 3 and D PF in today's NBA.

I think Olympic Melo really is a myth, and it was a nice idea that he would be this perfect jump shooting stretch 4 playing with Paul and Harden. But that simply wasn't the case in reality. He's unwilling to change his game, he just simply didn't fit what this offense is, and he DEFINITELY didn't fit this team defensively. I don't necessarily think it was all his fault, but the Rockets were clearly a better team when he was sitting on the bench.I recall watching him in the Olympics, it was impressive. Have they really tried all ideas, though? I meant to say that Tucker is more valuable than Gordon, whereas they really need someone else to put in the lineup other than Melo if that's how it's going to be. Paul-Harden-???-Tucker-Capela...Gordon as you said is having a terrible time shooting the ball. Not sure who would want him unless he improves. Maybe like you said earlier that they can find a waiver wire talent...wonder if they're in the mix for Korver, as all I've heard is Philly chasing after him. Maybe even JR Smith or something...

I don't know about D'Antoni, man. You seem pretty high on him compared to most people.

We'll see...but I wish he would have deeper rotations.

FlashBolt
11-14-2018, 02:33 AM
Olympic Melo worked because Melo wasn't even the 7th best player on the team. He had Kobe, CP3, LeBron, Durant, Wade, and others who are significantly better so he had no choice but to put his ego aside. What's Melo going to say to those guys? The problem with these other teams is he doesn't see them as superior players but as equal partners.

AllBall
11-15-2018, 08:46 PM

Clown show organization over there in Houston. 😏

tredigs
11-15-2018, 09:58 PM
Seems Morey doesn't have as much foresight as Rockets fans would hope. There was never a scenario where this worked for them, and it cost them their shot at the 1 seed again.

mightybosstone
11-15-2018, 11:38 PM

Clown show organization over there in Houston. 😏

Yeah, Riley's really killing it for the Heat this season. Enjoy that sub-.500 record and being a borderline playoff team all season long in Miami... :laugh:

mightybosstone
11-15-2018, 11:39 PM
Seems Morey doesn't have as much foresight as Rockets fans would hope. There was never a scenario where this worked for them, and it cost them their shot at the 1 seed again.

Maybe, but I'm starting to feel a hell of a lot better about that 55-win bet. ;)

FlashBolt
11-15-2018, 11:44 PM
Hate to say it but I did warn you guys about Melo. It was never going to work. We tried to have him play that type of game for OKC but it became obvious he's an ISO player who has never changed his game. Unlike Wade who put his ego aside and figured out how to be a producing player for his team, Melo still thinks he's LeBron's rival.

mightybosstone
11-15-2018, 11:45 PM
Houston is 6-2 in their last eight games, and they've won three straight games by double digits against opponents with winning records. In a few weeks when the Rockets have climbed to the top 4-5 seeds in the West, I wonder how many PSD posters will admit they counted out Houston way too early? I'm guessing not a lot. That's OK, fellas. I'll remember. I always remember. :nod:

mightybosstone
11-15-2018, 11:49 PM
Hate to say it but I did warn you guys about Melo. It was never going to work. We tried to have him play that type of game for OKC but it became obvious he's an ISO player who has never changed his game. Unlike Wade who put his ego aside and figured out how to be a producing player for his team, Melo still thinks he's LeBron's rival.

Melo who? As far as I'm concerned, the Rockets backup forward all season long has been Gary Clark. I'm not familiar with this Melo fellow. ;)

I'm just going to place the memory of Melo in a Rockets uniform in the back of my mind where I'm in denial that things ever existed, right along with Scottie Pippen, Maurice Taylor, Kelvin Cato and my high school prom date's obvious unibrow.

AllBall
11-16-2018, 12:01 AM
Yeah, Riley's really killing it for the Heat this season. Enjoy that sub-.500 record and being a borderline playoff team all season long in Miami... :laugh:

Losing is one thing, it happens. The outright disrespect and backstabbing happening over there is pure filth that can be done without.

mightybosstone
11-16-2018, 12:21 AM
Losing is one thing, it happens. The outright disrespect and backstabbing happening over there is pure filth that can be done without.

Who's been disrespected? Who stabbed who in the back? Pretty sure you're pulling ******** narratives out of thin air, chief. Houston signed Melo. It clearly wasn't working. Both sides decided to part ways. You don't see Melo or the Rockets bad-mouthing each other in the media. The only people supporting this ridiculous soap opera storyline are the talking heads on lowest-common-denominator sports shows and arrogant morons on internet sports forums who think they know more than the people who work for the actual team. :eyebrow:

zadora5
11-16-2018, 12:54 AM

zadora5
11-16-2018, 12:56 AM
Melo was never a good player. I count two seasons where he might have been slightly above average but certainly not all-star level, let alone a Hall of Famer. He was at his best on Olympic rosters surrounded by legitimate HoFers drawing attention away from him. Denver and New York catered to his every whim and he couldn't take them anywhere. He's never bothered with defense. Early in his career people mistook potential, which he had, for production, which he didn't. You see the same story play out with every new rookie class. Just because a guy scores a lot doesn't mean he's good at scoring. It just means he's being given shots. Granted, he was incredibly difficult to guard 1v1 for a time. The problem is basketball is 5v5, and you can't expect 1v1s as the #1 option. He could have rings as the #2 or #3, but he's always been a terrible #1.

Your a joke and you don't know basketball

zadora5
11-16-2018, 12:57 AM

A hall of famer isn't a good player? Man you are not smart at all

zadora5
11-16-2018, 12:58 AM
I bet you anything if Melo was given the keys one last time he'd average over 20 a game, when the league wants to push you out it's over, they decide when it's time and that's horse ****

FlashBolt
11-16-2018, 01:40 AM
I bet you anything if Melo was given the keys one last time he'd average over 20 a game, when the league wants to push you out it's over, they decide when it's time and that's horse ****

give a cow enough shots pr game and they'll drop 20 too. No one questions if Melo can drop 20. They question if he can help a team win games.

ewing
11-16-2018, 07:24 AM
give a cow enough shots pr game and they'll drop 20 too. No one questions if Melo can drop 20. They question if he can help a team win games.

Cows canít shoot

mightybosstone
11-16-2018, 08:56 AM

I'm sorry, but your logic here is just truly broken. The league isn't pushing Melo out. The guy is pushing himself out with his poor play and unwillingness to change anything about his game or take reduced roles. Also, since when does scoring an inefficient 20 points a game make you a great player? If a franchise gave Melo the keys and said "take all the shots you want," he could easily score 20. Nobody is disputing that. What we're all acknowledging is that he can't do that efficiently enough or within the scope of a team's system.

If Melo were to join a team right now with the way he's playing and average 20 points a night, that team would be hot garbage and would be receiving a high lottery pick next summer. Essentially, Melo's brand of basketball no longer equates to a winning brand of basketball.

tp13baby
11-16-2018, 09:14 AM
Honestly i can see him back in Denver

So he can sit the bench? He would be our 3rd PF and 4th SF lol

This ainít it.

warfelg
11-16-2018, 09:30 AM
Cows canít shoot

Obviously you arenít from Lancaster Pa.

warfelg
11-16-2018, 09:35 AM
I'm sorry, but your logic here is just truly broken. The league isn't pushing Melo out. The guy is pushing himself out with his poor play and unwillingness to change anything about his game or take reduced roles. Also, since when does scoring an inefficient 20 points a game make you a great player? If a franchise gave Melo the keys and said "take all the shots you want," he could easily score 20. Nobody is disputing that. What we're all acknowledging is that he can't do that efficiently enough or within the scope of a team's system.

If Melo were to join a team right now with the way he's playing and average 20 points a night, that team would be hot garbage and would be receiving a high lottery pick next summer. Essentially, Melo's brand of basketball no longer equates to a winning brand of basketball.

His unwillingness to change is killing him more than anything.

Two years ago he needed to start to embrace that at best he could do the Rip Hamilton as a starter and run off screens, set screens, hit jumpers, and be a stretch 4.

This year he needed to learn heís a bench role player. Most nights heís going to just be a cog in the machine, someone that most nights gives you 15 minutes and 10/3/3. But some night catches magic in a bottle, gets hot, and goes 30 minutes with 25 points.

Chronz
11-16-2018, 09:43 AM

He's sorta right about young melo before he bought into space and pace for a few years, he was pretty good defensively for like 1.5 years too.

That said, people been overrating melo since day 1. I remember folks thinking he led Denver when in reality he was like his team's 4th best player, but people some to confuse being the team's primary scorer with being its best player

IndyRealist
11-16-2018, 10:51 AM
Houston is 6-2 in their last eight games, and they've won three straight games by double digits against opponents with winning records. In a few weeks when the Rockets have climbed to the top 4-5 seeds in the West, I wonder how many PSD posters will admit they counted out Houston way too early? I'm guessing not a lot. That's OK, fellas. I'll remember. I always remember. :nod:

I remember that I said Houston is roughly -10 replacing Ariza with Melo in a straight minutes swap over the course of a season. And I remember you said I'm full of sh**. They always had the option of cutting Melo, and even giving his minutes to non-productive players like Gary Clark will be more effective than running Melo out there. And if they actually give more minutes to PJ Tucker like they should, they'll look more like the team they had last year. But what do I know?

IndyRealist
11-16-2018, 10:54 AM
Cows canít shoot

You have to admit, it's not much worse than Melo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOCcgNORMwo

warfelg
11-16-2018, 11:10 AM
I remember that I said Houston is roughly -10 replacing Ariza with Melo in a straight minutes swap over the course of a season. And I remember you said I'm full of sh**. They always had the option of cutting Melo, and even giving his minutes to non-productive players like Gary Clark will be more effective than running Melo out there. And if they actually give more minutes to PJ Tucker like they should, they'll look more like the team they had last year. But what do I know?

The problem with a guy like Melo is all good teams think they are the team that can get him to change. The ďold NBAĒ thinking. We can take an aging volume scorer and make him into something he isnít. And I bet thatís what Houstonís thinking was. Weíre a good team with leadership he respects. Heíll follow and slide into a new role.

On the flip the problem with players like Melo is outside of USA basketball heís never had a role other than Volume Scorer (and even with USAB thatís what he was just shooter rather than on ball). So in his mind he shouldnít have to play another role because heís succeeded doing what he does. Shoot.

ewing
11-16-2018, 11:19 AM
You have to admit, it's not much worse than Melo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOCcgNORMwo

that was way funny then it should have been

blahblahyoutoo
11-16-2018, 11:33 AM

didn't he get rejected by the rim, multiple times, while going for pretty much uncontested dunk attempts?

blahblahyoutoo
11-16-2018, 11:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-tjrRdS0KI

so the conspiracy theory is that def coach Bzdelik left after hearing that melo was going to be traded to HOU, and now coming back after he gets waived.
so either the bad blood hasn't boiled over, or he knows he can't teach def to a poor def player.

tredigs
11-16-2018, 11:59 AM

I think I am on record saying people were foolish to do so after a comment or thread about whether the East was more top heavy now. That said, I was much louder in the preseason about saying there was no chance they were winning 65+ again this year, and that 54-58 was their most likely range.

mightybosstone
11-16-2018, 12:44 PM

So, I actually think we're both half right and half wrong (you were probably more right than I was, to be fair). Adding Melo was a huge minus, and you were 100 percent right on that, and I'm more than willing to admit my wrongness there. However, as I stated at the time, I never thought Melo would be replacing Ariza. He was more replacing Ryno or filling a role that the Rockets didn't really have previously.

The real replacements for Ariza and Mbah a Moute have been Ennis and Clark. And while I don't think those guys have quite matched them just yet, I think you can see from the last few games how this team can replace 3 and D guys at a fraction of the cost and still play great defense. Since the 1-5 start, they were the 7th best defense in the NBA, and that was before last night's smothering of the Warriors.

So, was Melo a huge negative? Absolutely. But are the Rockets missing Ariza and Mbah a Moute as much as you and others have suggested they would? I really don't think so.

IndyRealist
11-16-2018, 02:02 PM
So, I actually think we're both half right and half wrong (you were probably more right than I was, to be fair). Adding Melo was a huge minus, and you were 100 percent right on that, and I'm more than willing to admit my wrongness there. However, as I stated at the time, I never thought Melo would be replacing Ariza. He was more replacing Ryno or filling a role that the Rockets didn't really have previously.

The real replacements for Ariza and Mbah a Moute have been Ennis and Clark. And while I don't think those guys have quite matched them just yet, I think you can see from the last few games how this team can replace 3 and D guys at a fraction of the cost and still play great defense. Since the 1-5 start, they were the 7th best defense in the NBA, and that was before last night's smothering of the Warriors.

So, was Melo a huge negative? Absolutely. But are the Rockets missing Ariza and Mbah a Moute as much as you and others have suggested they would? I really don't think so.

Again, all I said was that in a straight minutes swap the rockets were screwed. You keep trying to read more into it than I'm saying. Melo for ariza or melo for rhyno, it doesn't really matter. You lost Ariza minutes, you gained Melo minutes. Just be glad melo's (basically) gone.

FlashBolt
11-16-2018, 02:06 PM

They're missing players who can do what Ariza and Mbah a Moute do. Two players who fit the system and hustle. I knew Melo would be a negative. Houston should have learned from OKC. Your owner decided to stay cheap and thought Melo could replicate that same production.

IndyRealist
11-16-2018, 02:10 PM
They're missing players who can do what Ariza and Mbah a Moute do. Two players who fit the system and hustle. I knew Melo would be a negative. Houston should have learned from OKC. Your owner decided to stay cheap and thought Melo could replicate that same production.

I can't believe it was a Morey move, so likely it was an ownership decision and Morey just let it fail because he knew he could cut Melo later and stabilize the team.

Saddletramp
11-16-2018, 03:14 PM
I can't believe it was a Morey move, so likely it was an ownership decision and Morey just let it fail because he knew he could cut Melo later and stabilize the team.

I think it was a favor to Chris Paul. And it was always low risk high reward. It didnít work out and Iím sure Paul was approached before it all went down. Paul knows itís a business and Iím sure Morey and Fertitta told the guys theyíd give it preseason and a month of the regular season.

And Bzdelik was confirmed to come back before Anthony was out but bringing in Anthony mightíve been why Bzdelik retired in the first place.

mightybosstone
11-16-2018, 04:35 PM
Again, all I said was that in a straight minutes swap the rockets were screwed. You keep trying to read more into it than I'm saying. Melo for ariza or melo for rhyno, it doesn't really matter. You lost Ariza minutes, you gained Melo minutes. Just be glad melo's (basically) gone.
It seems like we're arguing semantics, but I stand by my statement. Any time you say "minutes swap," I think it's fair to assume you're swapping a player with another player at the same position and in similar roles. Except Ariza was the team's starting SF, and Melo was the team's backup PF. If Dwight leaving and the Chris Paul acquisition had happened in the same offseason, would you say that Dwight and CP3 "swapped minutes" that offseason? No, of course not.

They're missing players who can do what Ariza and Mbah a Moute do. Two players who fit the system and hustle.
Then you're definitely not watching the team then, because Ennis and Clark have that in spades. Also, Ennis is making the veteran minimum ($1.6 million), while Clark is on a two-way contract right now. Ariza and Mbah a Moute are making a combined $19.3 million.

I knew Melo would be a negative. Houston should have learned from OKC. Your owner decided to stay cheap and thought Melo could replicate that same production.
:facepalm: Again, I don't think ANYONE on the Rockets' staff thought Melo would replicate the production or be the same player that Ariza or Mbah a Moute were. They're completely different players, and they had completely different roles. The idea wasn't "let's turn Melo into Ariza." It was "We can't afford to pay Ariza and Luc nearly $20 million, but we can get similar production at a fraction of the cost. Also, let's bring in Melo to give ourselves some more offensive punch."

The second part of that didn't work out, but the first part is working out pretty damn well right now. Feel free to question me on this, but I'm happy to have the team prove you wrong by climbing the standings over the next few weeks. :shrug:

mightybosstone
11-16-2018, 04:40 PM

I honestly think Morey was as on board with it as Tillman Fertita was. Consider his past history with role players. The dude simply does not overpay for role players. That's why he let Parsons walk and paid Ariza half of his contract to replace him. When it came time to overpay Ariza, he did the exact same thing.

And Morey understands the importance of cap flexibility. The team is already facing a $14 million luxury tax bill. Adding a $15 million contract to that would have made it astronomical. Adding Ariza would have given the Rockets the largest payroll in the NBA.

Driven
11-16-2018, 05:11 PM
I don't get why the media and everyone keeps thinking that Mbah a Moute is some huge loss. It's like someone decided he was a huge loss, and everyone else jumped on it and agreed. When Houston signed him last year, no one thought anything of it. He played well and fit the team well. But then he got hurt, came back, sucked, and fell out of the rotation and barely played at all against Golden State. He's a good defensive player who was a great fit. You can find players like that.He's replaceable, and he was replaced. I know he's been hurt, but he's probably not going to get many minutes on the Clippers anyways. At the very least, James Ennis fills his role and is a slight upgrade.

Losing Ariza was the tough blow, and has yet to be replaced.

FlashBolt
11-16-2018, 08:15 PM
Lol, MBT, I'm done with you man. You're either in denial or just like to bicker around. It's obvious your team isn't the same shooting wise and defensively. That much isn't a secret but to you, it might be.

More-Than-Most
11-16-2018, 08:23 PM

because he is basically right? defense matters and melo really only played defense 2 years at best. He was a good player but nothing special

mightybosstone
11-16-2018, 08:41 PM
Lol, MBT, I'm done with you man. You're either in denial or just like to bicker around. It's obvious your team isn't the same shooting wise and defensively. That much isn't a secret but to you, it might be.

You're done with me? How can you be done? Dude, you never even started debating in the first place. You jump in the thread with some pathetic, surface level, Skip Bayless level of analysis having clearly not watched the team as of late and then proceed to rip on the team and me for defending them.

This isn't some blatant homerism. I'm speaking from actual freaking knowledge of having watched the damn games and paid attention to the team. If you think this team is some garbage team defensively, then you aren't paying attention, and that's on you. They've been stellar since Melo's minutes were trimmed and were eventually cut entirely.

They've held six of their last seven opponents to under 100 points, including the freaking Nuggets and Warriors in their last two games. Over that seven-game stretch, they're third in the entire freaking NBA in Defensive Rating: https://stats.nba.com/teams/defense/?sort=DEF_RATING&dir=-1&Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&LastNGames=7 And on the season, they're fifth in points allowed.

This is not me making up some crap out of thin air. The Rockets are a damn good defensive team. If anything, the weird thing has been the offensive struggles. But you could probably chalk a lot of that up to Harden and Paul missing a combined five games. And I certainly don't think you can point to Ariza and Mbah a Moute and say "that team would have scored way more points if those two guys were still there."

Also, if you had paid any attention to my posts for the first month of the season, you would have found MANY examples of my displeasure with the play of the team and admittance of mistakes made in the offseason. Melo was garbage. MCW has been less than garbage. And I ate crow multiple times on the Melo signing and discussed at length how not confident I was at this team turning the corner this season.

Suddenly the team starts playing well and I acknowledge how much they looked like last year's team, and suddenly I'm a homer for defending a team that's 6-2 in its last eight games and has beaten three straight quality playoff teams? Yeah, that seems fair. But, please, tell me more about how much of a homer I am.

tredigs
11-16-2018, 11:20 PM
You're a homer MTM because you hated on Melo for the last 8 years but somehow thought Morey had some secret key you did not know about when he signed him. Virtually everyone else in the free world called you an idiot to believe that. You said "no no! Just wait we might have something! I will delete my account of we don't win more than 55 games!". We said OK but you're a ****ing idiot, Melo will ruin you and you lost integral players but good luck.

And here we are.

tredigs
11-16-2018, 11:41 PM
The saving grace is that you guys cut bait insanely early. The most "bullish" of over/unders on Melo being cut would have been 40 games. So credit to Morey there. Again, it cost you the one seed but you learned a lesson.

GREATNESS ONE
11-16-2018, 11:45 PM
Oh Tre Bigs, thinkingís heís better than everyone else again.

mightybosstone
11-17-2018, 01:22 AM
You're a homer MTM because you hated on Melo for the last 8 years but somehow thought Morey had some secret key you did not know about when he signed him. Virtually everyone else in the free world called you an idiot to believe that. You said "no no! Just wait we might have something! I will delete my account of we don't win more than 55 games!". We said OK but you're a ****ing idiot, Melo will ruin you and you lost integral players but good luck.

And here we are.
First off, it's MBT. It's literally three ****ing letters, and there isn't a second M anywhere in the name. That's an entirely different poster, and I've been here 11 ****ing years. Get it right.

Second, I never said I wasn't a homer about that. If you're a fan of a team, you're going to be a homer at some point. You're going to look at a decision made by your team and throw caution out the window for a second because you're ultimately optimistic and you want your team to succeed. In my defense, there's precedent for a move like this working for Morey. The man has a history of taking another team's trash and spinning it into gold. He did it the first time they added Josh Smith. They did it with Eric Gordon. And he's done it with a few other quality role players nobody expected much out of. There have been enough times where I doubted the guy's decision making and he proved me wrong where he's earned the benefit of the doubt.

Also, if you go back and look at my posts following the Melo signing, I wasn't exactly over the moon. I was pretty skeptical at the time. But I didn't think adding one guy would have that much of a negative impact. (Frankly, I'm not sure the Melo move alone did. I think it's one of those times where a series of moves, injuries and a slow start all contributed to a stretch of bad play at once, and someone needed to be the scapegoat for it.) And I said on numerous occasions that if it didn't work out, that it was a low-risk move, and they could cut ties with him, which is exactly what happened. So I certainly deserve credit for that.

But most importantly, what I said or did prior to the start of the season has literally NOTHING to do with what Flashbolt is *****ing about in this thread. He's claiming homerism because I think the team is playing well RIGHT NOW and because I still don't think losing Ariza and Mbah a Moute was the death sentence others seem to think it was. You're not really arguing the same thing at all.

kobe4thewinbang
11-19-2018, 02:18 AM
Houston does look better...got 22 the other night from James Ennis.

I still think they should try to move Gordon, though.

kobe4thewinbang
11-19-2018, 02:25 AM
MCW has been less than garbage.Yeah, MCW is a freaking train wreck. I literally googled "MCW stats" to see how he was doing when I was chatting with you earlier in the week. How he gonna still shoot some damn 30%? This dude showed flashes of being a solid player, but something just ain't kosher with him. Just look at the early years in his career to the last five or so. Geez... shooting less than 20% from 3PT land, total decrease in production. MFer is even 40% on free throws. Career average is 70%!

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/cartemi01.html

Saddletramp
11-19-2018, 04:40 AM

Ennis was hurt earlier in the year and is now healthy. Nothing to do with Carmelo. Harden was also banged up. Again, nothing to do with Carmelo.

kobe4thewinbang
11-20-2018, 02:09 AM
Ennis was hurt earlier in the year and is now healthy. Nothing to do with Carmelo. Harden was also banged up. Again, nothing to do with Carmelo.Ok? Nothing to talk about regarding Carmelo, so not surprising this thread has taken a turn.

FlashBolt
11-20-2018, 02:30 AM
Ennis was hurt earlier in the year and is now healthy. Nothing to do with Carmelo. Harden was also banged up. Again, nothing to do with Carmelo.

so why move him? he gets paid pennies. They clearly dislike how he's been performing.

LaVar Ball
11-20-2018, 02:38 AM

They need to keep Gordon and rather just get a back up big to relief Capela.

Basically they need a Tyson Chandler type of guy to give relief to JaVale (Capela)

LaVar Ball
11-20-2018, 02:39 AM

CP got suspended for 2 games, nothing to do with Melo

Saddletramp
11-20-2018, 03:58 AM
Ok? Nothing to talk about regarding Carmelo, so not surprising this thread has taken a turn.

You said that theyíre looking better and Ennis gave them 22 the other night. In a thread about Carmeloís time with the Rockets being over. Pardon me, thinking that someone saying the Rockets looking better in a thread about Carmelo being gone is a correlation.

Jesus.

Saddletramp
11-20-2018, 04:05 AM
so why move him? he gets paid pennies. They clearly dislike how he's been performing.

Yes, they have been disliking his performance. Iím assuming Carmelo tried to make a bench role work but canít find his rhythm (when I doubt heíd get his rhythm either way) and Morey probably doesnít want his ghost rotting on the bench and just stewing. Maybe heís being a nuisance, maybe he wants a bigger role elsewhere. Usually, when a guy comes in that was on Carmeloís level and still thinks he can be at that level, you donít keep him if youíre (the team) is ready to move on.

Driven
11-20-2018, 09:40 AM
They need to keep Gordon and rather just get a back up big to relief Capela.

Basically they need a Tyson Chandler type of guy to give relief to JaVale (Capela)

I disagree. I don't think a traditional big off the bench is really what the Rockets are going for. If they want that, they can go with Nene is small spurts. D'Antoni also likes small rotations. Capela fits because he's quick and athletic enough. But they would rather go with a smaller lineup that can hit threes.

They would rather go with Tucker at the five, and get another perimeter defender to switch between 2-4.

mightybosstone
11-20-2018, 02:27 PM

I'm still waiting to respond to my previous post about how awful this Rockets team supposedly is. :cricket:

kobe4thewinbang
11-23-2018, 05:06 PM
I'm still waiting to respond to my previous post about how awful this Rockets team supposedly is. :cricket:MBT...did you see Harden & Capela the other night versus the Pistons? They were killing it together...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6McoXAjPnQ

kobe4thewinbang
11-23-2018, 05:08 PM
You said that theyíre looking better and Ennis gave them 22 the other night. In a thread about Carmeloís time with the Rockets being over. Pardon me, thinking that someone saying the Rockets looking better in a thread about Carmelo being gone is a correlation.

Jesus.I don't think this thread was ever about Carmelo, but rather why the Rockets moved on.

Saddletramp
11-23-2018, 07:18 PM
I don't think this thread was ever about Carmelo, but rather why the Rockets moved on.

This was always a Carmelo thread and how it affected the Rockets. What in tarnation are you tapping about?

mightybosstone
11-23-2018, 07:46 PM
MBT...did you see Harden & Capela the other night versus the Pistons? They were killing it together...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6McoXAjPnQ

Yep. Caught a good chunk of it, and those two guys were definitely in the zone. After a slow start, Capela has definitely earned that paycheck over the last few days. I thought he flat out outplayed Drummond.

Rematch tonight. If they win this one, their schedule over the next week is looking super easy...

kobe4thewinbang
11-23-2018, 09:30 PM
Yep. Caught a good chunk of it, and those two guys were definitely in the zone. After a slow start, Capela has definitely earned that paycheck over the last few days. I thought he flat out outplayed Drummond.

Rematch tonight. If they win this one, their schedule over the next week is looking super easy...They're looking like they're gonna climb back to the top. West is shaking up a bit from what I thought would happen.

Do you think Harden is the most unguardable player?

It seems only when his shot is off, that's the only strategy that works for the other team. He just slays any defender, either with his dribble and freeing space for his quick shot, or his step-back, or his fearless drives to the rim. He seems to be very aware of his defender and as soon as an opening happens, he's either shot the ball or is already at the basket. And that fake-out pass to someone in the corner but actually to Capela for the easy dunk was just beautiful. He's becoming one of the best scorers around. He is just so confident. Paul shows flashes of it too.

:clap:

JordansBulls
11-24-2018, 10:08 PM
He needs to go to a team that is going nowhere that way he can start and be the man.

goingfor28
11-25-2018, 12:30 AM
He needs to go to a team that is going nowhere that way he can start and be the man.This.
He has no business being on a playoff team.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

GREATNESS ONE
11-25-2018, 01:12 AM
This.
He has no business being on a playoff team.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

He was just on Houston?

FlashBolt
11-25-2018, 02:57 AM
Melo should just go to Brooklyn. Sell some tickets and NY'ers love him regardless if he sucks or not. Brooklyn ain't going anywhere soon so he would get starter position and put buckets. Whatever.

buckalis
11-25-2018, 05:32 PM
All other than Houston teams are forming a cue line now as to sign Melo... :D:D:speechless::D:D

kobe4thewinbang
11-27-2018, 01:10 AM
Melo should just go to Brooklyn. Sell some tickets and NY'ers love him regardless if he sucks or not. Brooklyn ain't going anywhere soon so he would get starter position and put buckets. Whatever.I don't see why not. Brooklyn's finally doing some things right, but they're still bogged down by bad contracts. They don't play defense, so Melo fits right in, and he could get folks excited. Plus, there's still lots of question marks on the future of Brooklyn: D'Lo, Dinwiddie, LaVert (despite his injury), etc.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-20-2019, 10:33 AM

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-20-2019, 03:46 PM
What the ****??? please god no

LaVar Ball
01-20-2019, 07:49 PM

Inaccurate. Melo has zero options. He's still under contract with the Houston Rockets. He can't just outright sign with the Lakers. They would have to make a trade with the Lakers. And Rockets won't do it if it doesn't benefit them.

Scoots
01-20-2019, 08:31 PM
Inaccurate. Melo has zero options. He's still under contract with the Houston Rockets. He can't just outright sign with the Lakers. They would have to make a trade with the Lakers. And Rockets won't do it if it doesn't benefit them.

If it came from his agent it could be true based on several things in the works ... like if the Rockets give permission and the Lakers made it clear to Melo's agent that IF he's released there will be a contract with these specific terms waiting for him, and the Lakers will make some future Rockets favorable move to be named later. Then the Rockets can just release him if they think that's the best deal they are likely to get.

Tg11
01-21-2019, 12:10 AM
Melo to the Lakers would probably hurt the Lakers more than help them

blahblahyoutoo
01-21-2019, 01:09 PM
melo still hasn't been signed by a team?? speaks volumes...
at this point, he'd be lucky to be coming off the bench for a D league or asian league team.

Tg11
01-21-2019, 01:15 PM
Melo should either go overseas to play or he should be like Wade and retire

WaDe03
01-21-2019, 01:35 PM
at this point, he'd be lucky to be coming off the bench for a D league or asian league team.

Heís not a free agent

IndyRealist
01-21-2019, 01:53 PM

He hasn't been released by the Rockets.

JAZZNC
01-21-2019, 06:27 PM
Traded to the Bulls....should help their D hahahaha!

Foles9MVP
01-21-2019, 06:29 PM
The Houston Rockets have agreed to trade Carmelo Anthony and cash to the Chicago Bulls, league sources tell ESPN.

Foles9MVP
01-21-2019, 06:32 PM
UPDATE: Anthony won't play a game for the Bulls, league source tells ESPN. He will be released and become a free agent if he clears waivers.

kobebabe
01-21-2019, 06:58 PM
UPDATE: Anthony won't play a game for the Bulls, league source tells ESPN. He will be released and become a free agent if he clears waivers.

Technically his career is over unless someone think he can take them over the hump which we all know is not the case. Sad to see his career end like this

KG2TB
01-21-2019, 07:00 PM
Technically his career is over unless someone think he can take them over the hump which we all know is not the case. Sad to see his career end like this

Not sad at all. He never dedicated himself the way true franchise players should. All the talent but he didnít have the drive and work ethic. I think itís a fitting end.

IndyRealist
01-21-2019, 07:07 PM

I'll wait until I see it. As multiple teams showed, there's always GMs out there with blind spots for guys like Melo.

LA4life24/8
01-21-2019, 07:16 PM
Apparently Lakers remain interested but dont want to waive a guaranteed spot for him. Would be interested if a spot "opened up" per woj

Sources: Rockets agree to deal Carmelo to Bulls https://es.pn/2U5XeJV
via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

The last paragraph talks about lakers

LaVar Ball
01-21-2019, 07:54 PM
Apparently Lakers remain interested but dont want to waive a guaranteed spot for him. Would be interested if a spot "opened up" per woj

As is always the case in Lakerland

Nothing is ever imminent

TakeYourL
01-21-2019, 07:58 PM

Thanks must hurt Melos ego bad.

The one team that wants him won't even open up a roster spot for him lol..

LA_Raiders
01-21-2019, 11:01 PM
He is going beck to Denver.

LaVar Ball
01-22-2019, 02:53 AM
He is going beck to Denver.

To ****in do what?

Steal the limelight from Nikola Jokic?

More-Than-Most
01-22-2019, 04:28 AM
I learned a couple of things recently... I am cursed. I destroyed PG13 and he smacked me with his dick... I destroyed kyrie and he smacked me with his dick... I destroyed melo so now we will sign him and i will cry

SenileStern
01-22-2019, 06:25 AM
Kenny Smith wants to see him on the Spurs bench.

Tg11
01-22-2019, 07:23 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if the Bulls end up keeping Melo

Scoots
01-22-2019, 10:56 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if the Bulls end up keeping Melo

I would be.

Heediot
01-22-2019, 11:10 AM
I said it at the time the Rockets gave up on him that the Grizzlies should have picked him up. They desperately need scorers and they don't play the fastest pace. Both Conley and Gasol are good off the ball too. Of course if they went on the same skid as they are on now, everyone would of Blamed Carmelo lolol.

Heediot
01-22-2019, 11:28 AM
I also think the genius of Pops could of made something out of Melo. He could of built an offense that played off of Melo's strengths, just as he is doing with LMA (who may not have the same value on another team).

Scoots
01-22-2019, 11:38 AM
I said it at the time the Rockets gave up on him that the Grizzlies should have picked him up. They desperately need scorers and they don't play the fastest pace. Both Conley and Gasol are good off the ball too. Of course if they went on the same skid as they are on now, everyone would of Blamed Carmelo lolol.

The Griz were playing well early but they were riding the vets. I think the GM/Owner pushed the need to develop the younger guys and that, along with injuries (and probably the reality that winning costs them a draft pick), caused the slide.

Scoots
01-22-2019, 11:38 AM
I also think the genius of Pops could of made something out of Melo. He could of built an offense that played off of Melo's strengths, just as he is doing with LMA (who may not have the same value on another team).

If Pop had Melo early he might have been able to dramatically improve his team game ... but it's been too late for that for 7 years or so.

Heediot
01-22-2019, 11:46 AM
If Pop had Melo early he might have been able to dramatically improve his team game ... but it's been too late for that for 7 years or so.

I think it's too much of a copy cat league and everyone is playing almost the same. Melo's game doesn't seem to blend well with the modern style. Unless he has fluid coaches like Pops and Stevens who play to the strength of the players (possibly kerr, but unsure as of now), he'd have a harder time vs. others fitting and not disrupting chemistry and offensive flow. It's probably his defense that's a massive minus but Pops, Stevens and the defenders in Memphis might have found ways to work around that.

In terms of team play, I think he's trying to play team ball. His shot has been atrocious the last few years because maybe he needs to get going in a different way vs. playing off the ball.

I do agree Pops would have made a better team player, and if he were drafted by Detroit 2nd overall, Brown, Chauncey and the vets in Detroit might have molded him into a team player earlier in his career also. But who knows Brown had headaches trying to tame AI.

FlashBolt
01-23-2019, 01:19 AM
I learned a couple of things recently... I am cursed. I destroyed PG13 and he smacked me with his dick... I destroyed kyrie and he smacked me with his dick... I destroyed melo so now we will sign him and i will cry

I've been preaching that PG13 is better than Butler and no one ever took it serious... PG13 has established himself as a top ten player and up there with just about any SF in a head-to-head matchup.

Scoots
01-23-2019, 02:26 AM
I've been preaching that PG13 is better than Butler and no one ever took it serious... PG13 has established himself as a top ten player and up there with just about any SF in a head-to-head matchup.

PG13 isn't enough of a self promoter to get the recognition. I don't think he's top 10, but he's a very good player.

IndyRealist
01-23-2019, 09:12 AM

PG is having the best year of his career, and it's still doesn't come close to any of Kawhi's last 4 full seasons. It's unfortunate that this is where he would have been 5 years ago if he didn't get injured.

WaDe03
01-23-2019, 10:48 AM

Heís having a better year this year as itís been an unstable year for Jimmy with moving around and playing for a team he didnít want to play for but before this it was for sure Jimmy.

Heediot
01-23-2019, 11:03 AM
Heís having a better year this year as itís been an unstable year for Jimmy with moving around and playing for a team he didnít want to play for but before this it was for sure Jimmy.

PG was always the better player before the freak injury. Jimmy had a couple of years where he was better after that, but now it's back to PG.

WaDe03
01-23-2019, 11:13 AM
PG was always the better player before the freak injury. Jimmy had a couple of years where he was better after that, but now it's back to PG.

Butler was better those years than PG had ever been, PG just found his game earlier.

Heediot
01-23-2019, 11:38 AM
Butler was better those years than PG had ever been, PG just found his game earlier.

your a butler homer because him and wade were locker room co-bullies lol. anything that wade likes you like.

butler has never been as good as the current pg.

kdspurman
01-23-2019, 11:53 AM

I look at how much more efficient Rudy Gay has been (and hitting the 3 at a 41% clip 0_0 ) and do wonder if there's hope for Melo yet. You've gotta be willing tho, and I don't know if Melo is at this point. From him laughing at the idea of coming off the bench, it seemed like he's still got some soul searching to do. (unless he's being humbled from this experience)

WaDe03
01-23-2019, 01:37 PM
your a butler homer because him and wade were locker room co-bullies lol. anything that wade likes you like.

butler has never been as good as the current pg.

Lmao it never gets old! When you have nothing else to say just throw the Wade **** out.

I was saying Butler the last 2 years was better than PG ever was pre-injury, not this year so work on your reading comprehension and we should be good.

As for current PG, the only Butler that may have been better was Butler his last year in Chicago. Love both players btw.

Heediot
01-23-2019, 03:42 PM
Lmao it never gets old! When you have nothing else to say just throw the Wade **** out.

I was saying Butler the last 2 years was better than PG ever was pre-injury, not this year so work on your reading comprehension and we should be good.

As for current PG, the only Butler that may have been better was Butler his last year in Chicago. Love both players btw.

"Butler was better those years than PG had ever been, PG just found his game earlier.''

you wrote this not me... very easy to interpret in a lot of different ways, no clarity whatsoever.

WaDe03
01-23-2019, 04:31 PM
"Butler was better those years than PG had ever been, PG just found his game earlier.''

you wrote this not me... very easy to interpret in a lot of different ways, no clarity whatsoever.

Had ever been, meaning the past. Iíll spell everything out more for you going forward.

FlashBolt
01-23-2019, 06:05 PM
PG is having the best year of his career, and it's still doesn't come close to any of Kawhi's last 4 full seasons. It's unfortunate that this is where he would have been 5 years ago if he didn't get injured.

Nothing against Kawhi. But PG has been able to hold his own vs most SF's. They're better but not much better.

Has nothing to do with that. PG's shooting makes him a vastly bigger threat. Takes about 9 threes shooting 40%.. That's elite.

I always felt PG was better never enough to really warrant a long debate. Both are similar great players. Nod will always go to the guy who can shoot better.

Heediot
01-23-2019, 07:46 PM
Had ever been, meaning the past. Iíll spell everything out more for you going forward.

Both guys are/were close as lead guys but I like PG based on his ability to play second fiddle and off the ball more. He can blend in better and is less disruptive of chemistry (on/off court).

WaDe03
01-23-2019, 09:57 PM
Nothing against Kawhi. But PG has been able to hold his own vs most SF's. They're better but not much better.

Has nothing to do with that. PG's shooting makes him a vastly bigger threat. Takes about 9 threes shooting 40%.. That's elite.

I always felt PG was better never enough to really warrant a long debate. Both are similar great players. Nod will always go to the guy who can shoot better.

Fair enough, I think they may be two of the closest in the league when it comes to elite talent, theyíve basically been neck and neck. The only real difference is one is a better shooter and one is a far better player in the clutch. Canít fault anyone for taking PG but I think Butler has been slightly better until this wacky year.

WaDe03
01-23-2019, 09:58 PM
Both guys are/were close as lead guys but I like PG based on his ability to play second fiddle and off the ball more. He can blend in better and is less disruptive of chemistry (on/off court).

I can understand that.

Scoots
01-24-2019, 11:59 PM
If Melo does go to the Lakers, who do they cut? I'd guess Beasley.

cheetos185
01-25-2019, 09:39 PM
Beasley is better then melo lol.

Scoots
01-26-2019, 10:38 AM
Beasley is better then melo lol.

So answer the question ... who do they cut to sign Melo if they have to cut someone?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-01-2019, 03:13 PM

R. Johnson#3
02-01-2019, 03:51 PM
Melo might be the only player ever to have played 0 games for 2 separate teams. Hawks and Bulls. Can he make it 3?

FlashBolt
02-01-2019, 05:21 PM
So answer the question ... who do they cut to sign Melo if they have to cut someone?

Svi is hot garbage. He'll make a three here and there but utterly inconsistent and makes way too many mistakes. Wagner isn't doing anything either.

WaDe03
02-01-2019, 06:12 PM
Svi is hot garbage. He'll make a three here and there but utterly inconsistent and makes way too many mistakes. Wagner isn't doing anything either.

Theyíre rookies with nice skill sets that fit todayís game lol. Both could end up being solid role players on cheap contracts in the future

FlashBolt
02-01-2019, 06:14 PM
Theyíre rookies with nice skill sets that fit todayís game lol. Both could end up being solid role players on cheap contracts in the future

send them to the G-League then. they suck when they play, that's a fact.

WaDe03
02-01-2019, 06:22 PM
send them to the G-League then. they suck when they play, that's a fact.

They probably donít hurt the team more than Melo when heís out there. I hope the Heat get Melo to enforce the tank since they donít want in on any stars.

FlashBolt
02-01-2019, 07:27 PM
They probably donít hurt the team more than Melo when heís out there. I hope the Heat get Melo to enforce the tank since they donít want in on any stars.

Melo would hurt the Lakers. Lance is better than him (which says a lot about Melo right now) and they have too many perimeter players who need the ball to score or create. Lakers are missing shooters, badly, to compliment the passing and playmakers they have. Melo isn't a shooter but if they manage to trade Ingram+Kuzma+Ball for AD, then Melo might actually be worth getting. I still think a guy like Wayne Ellington could help the Lakers but Pat Riley probably doesn't want to do any trades to help the Lakers. Worth noting Pelinka was an agent before his GM job so he probably rubbed some teams the wrong way.

WaDe03
02-01-2019, 10:11 PM
Melo would hurt the Lakers. Lance is better than him (which says a lot about Melo right now) and they have too many perimeter players who need the ball to score or create. Lakers are missing shooters, badly, to compliment the passing and playmakers they have. Melo isn't a shooter but if they manage to trade Ingram+Kuzma+Ball for AD, then Melo might actually be worth getting. I still think a guy like Wayne Ellington could help the Lakers but Pat Riley probably doesn't want to do any trades to help the Lakers. Worth noting Pelinka was an agent before his GM job so he probably rubbed some teams the wrong way.

Iíll be very surprised if Ellington isnít traded to a contender for a 1st round pick or at worse 2 2nds.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-06-2019, 03:37 PM

"Look at the fun bags on that hose hound!" -Harry

Scoots
02-06-2019, 04:14 PM
Iíll be very surprised if Ellington isnít traded to a contender for a 1st round pick or at worse 2 2nds.

This is the same Wayne Ellington that was a free agent for a long time last offseason right?

WaDe03
02-06-2019, 05:43 PM
This is the same Wayne Ellington that was a free agent for a long time last offseason right?

Yes the same one who broke the record for 3s off the bench last year for either the Heat or NBA, Iím not sure. Heís gone to the Suns now who will flip him.

Chronz
02-06-2019, 07:53 PM

The very one. Wade could prolly fetch a 2nd rounder tho

WaDe03
02-06-2019, 10:25 PM
The very one. Wade could prolly fetch a 2nd rounder tho

He was a free agent so long because he was waiting for Miamiís offer to come. Not because no one wanted him which would explain why teams are going to be lining up trying to get him now that heís with Phoenix and will be rerouted or bought out.

Scoots
02-06-2019, 10:44 PM
He was a free agent so long because he was waiting for Miamiís offer to come. Not because no one wanted him which would explain why teams are going to be lining up trying to get him now that heís with Phoenix and will be rerouted or bought out.

Still, if a team was willing to trade a first round pick for him they would have been willing to offer him more than Miami did.

WaDe03
02-06-2019, 11:15 PM
Still, if a team was willing to trade a first round pick for him they would have been willing to offer him more than Miami did.

He wanted to be in Miami though regardless of other offers. I think 6M a year is about right, donít see anyone offering more than that for a bench specialist.

WaDe03
02-06-2019, 11:16 PM
Most contenders donít have the money to offer him anyways.

gogo
02-07-2019, 12:15 AM
Carmelo's a cheap tank commander and probably puts a few butts in seats. A perfect fit for the knicks.