PDA

View Full Version : What is the most you would give up to get the #1 pick of the 2019 draft?

FlashBolt
11-09-2018, 12:55 AM
No surprise, this 2019 draft is supposed to be something special. What is the most you would want your team to give up to get the top draft pick? And who would you pick?

COOLbeans
11-09-2018, 01:04 AM
I would give up Steve Kerr (even though I like him a lot)

More-Than-Most
11-09-2018, 02:24 AM
It just wouldnt be worth the risk from a sixers stand point... we will go hard again in free agency so giving up a guy like ben to get zion just wouldnt be worth... zion is amazing but so is ben and ben is actually proven now... No other package would get it done outside of embiid and that just would be even more dumb... i guess all of our firsts and saric/cov/shamet but that just depletes our team... Sixers can. Zion might end up amazing but we cant.

Lakers should trade ingram/ball/kuz for it

Suns should trade booker for it.

Boston should trade the kings pick and tatum for it.

ewing
11-09-2018, 09:29 AM
Iíll give up KP, Frank, and a 2nd for Zion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkeye15
11-09-2018, 10:39 AM
Jimmy Butler, Andrew Wiggins, and a future 1st

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-09-2018, 11:21 AM
It just wouldnt be worth the risk from a sixers stand point... we will go hard again in free agency so giving up a guy like ben to get zion just wouldnt be worth... zion is amazing but so is ben and ben is actually proven now... No other package would get it done outside of embiid and that just would be even more dumb... i guess all of our firsts and saric/cov/shamet but that just depletes our team... Sixers can. Zion might end up amazing but we cant.

Lakers should trade ingram/ball/kuz for it

Suns should trade booker for it.

Boston should trade the kings pick and tatum for it.

Simmons you called proven yet you would have Celtics trade a more playoff battle tested Tatum besides a pick for Zion? Okay.

Wrigheyes4MVP
11-09-2018, 11:22 AM
Will this year's draft be better than last year's

IKnowHoops
11-09-2018, 11:25 AM
Jimmy butler + Wiggins + 8th pick

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-09-2018, 11:28 AM
Jimmy butler + Wiggins + 8th pick

Wiggins is negative value at this point.

KG2TB
11-09-2018, 11:34 AM
Zach LaVine + #7

Heediot
11-09-2018, 11:37 AM
y'all scared of canadian top overalls after bennett and wiggz?

i think rj is the real deal, but i thought wiggins was too (although i had a massive bias and bought into the hs hype).

we have to see a bigger sample from rj and zion, the uk game was just one game. both guys should be legit though.

Hawkeye15
11-09-2018, 11:50 AM
y'all scared of canadian top overalls after bennett and wiggz?

i think rj is the real deal, but i thought wiggins was too (although i had a massive bias and bought into the hs hype).

we have to see a bigger sample from rj and zion, the uk game was just one game. both guys should be legit though.

yep, just like I wouldn't touch a Cuse player with a 10 foot pole.

R. Johnson#3
11-09-2018, 01:36 PM
If Kawhi bolts then Iíd offer up...

JV or Ibaka + OG + Delon

ewing
11-09-2018, 01:38 PM
Sounds like my knicks are getting Zion

valade16
11-09-2018, 01:45 PM
I think a better question is who are people taking with the #1 pick? It seems like everybody wants to move up to take Zion. If I'm whatever team sitting at #2 I'm very happy.

warfelg
11-09-2018, 01:58 PM
Sounds like my knicks are getting Zion

KD - KP - Zion would be scary AF.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-09-2018, 02:09 PM
KD - KP - Zion would be scary AF.

KD signing with the Knicks since when? Also time KP comes back around Christmas. Knicks will win just enough to not be top 3 lottery. That's how Dolan rolls.

Tg11
11-09-2018, 03:23 PM
If Kawhi bolts then Iíd offer up...

JV or Ibaka + OG + Delon

Yes if Kawhi does leave then I would offer up Ibaka, OG, and JV plus a future 1st round pick especially if it meant Raptors drafting #1 especially since Kawhi is guaranteed to leave...he's going to LA there is no other way around that

ewing
11-09-2018, 03:25 PM
KD signing with the Knicks since when? Also time KP comes back around Christmas. Knicks will win just enough to not be top 3 lottery. That's how Dolan rolls.

the other day KP posted pictures of him sprinting and Fiz said he is barely jogging. I think the Knicks will try to hold him back

Tg11
11-09-2018, 03:35 PM
If I am the Celtics with my team I would offer up the Kings pick as well as Gordon Hayward, Jaylen Brown and Aron Baynes to whoever owns the #1 pick in the NBA Draft Lottery...that is the trade offer I would make to land the #1 pick in Boston

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-09-2018, 03:35 PM
the other day KP posted pictures of him sprinting and Fiz said he is barely jogging. I think the Knicks will try to hold him back

Or a feud will be brewing with KP and Fizdale. Next KP will ask for a trade or have Fizdale fired.

Tg11
11-09-2018, 03:40 PM
Fizdale if he gets fired then who do you replace him with in New York? If Porzingis leaves is he gonna get max dollars because he is just coming off of an injury and not to mention isn't he still in his rookie entry level contract anyway? So if that is the case then obviously KP is gonna want his money so you sign him to either a max or supermax deal but either way KP if a feud brews between him and Fiz then if KP wants out of New York who is gonna want to take a chance on him especially considering he is coming off of an injury and hasn't played in how long? He may not even be the same player he once was

Hawkeye15
11-09-2018, 03:43 PM

I mean, Philly broke the mold on this. If a young contributing guy has a hangnail and you aren't contending, sit him all year.

Hawkeye15
11-09-2018, 03:44 PM
Fizdale if he gets fired then who do you replace him with in New York? If Porzingis leaves is he gonna get max dollars because he is just coming off of an injury and not to mention isn't he still in his rookie entry level contract anyway? So if that is the case then obviously KP is gonna want his money so you sign him to either a max or supermax deal but either way KP if a feud brews between him and Fiz then if KP wants out of New York who is gonna want to take a chance on him especially considering he is coming off of an injury and hasn't played in how long? He may not even be the same player he once was

They could hire Ewing, and I would be his assistant coach.

Tg11
11-09-2018, 05:01 PM
Patrick Ewing as Knicks coach I can actually get behind that

Hawkeye15
11-09-2018, 05:06 PM
Patrick Ewing as Knicks coach I can actually get behind that

I won't work that that ewing

Quinnsanity
11-09-2018, 07:51 PM
'19 Draft really isn't all that special. Zion obviously has an enormously high range of outcomes and could certainly be a superstar, but he comes with more risk than typical top prospects. Reddish and Barrett are both fairly low-upside in the scheme of potential No. 1 picks. I view Reddish as a bigger Bradley Beal at his best, certainly a very valuable player, but we're not talking about a LeBron/Durant/Davis/Simmons level prospect, and the same with Barrett, who I view as a DeRozan comp. There's a lot of Wiggins in both of those guys and that makes me queasy. Beyond the Duke guys, nobody jumps out to me yet. I would have taken Luka over anyone in this class without a moment's hesitation. This feels a bit more like the 2010 draft to me, where you have a few guys that become All Stars (Wall, Boogie, PG13, Hayward) just because every class has a few, but none of them are ever true franchise guys.

goingfor28
11-09-2018, 09:08 PM
Anyone but Boban

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

IKnowHoops
11-09-2018, 09:42 PM
'19 Draft really isn't all that special. Zion obviously has an enormously high range of outcomes and could certainly be a superstar, but he comes with more risk than typical top prospects. Reddish and Barrett are both fairly low-upside in the scheme of potential No. 1 picks. I view Reddish as a bigger Bradley Beal at his best, certainly a very valuable player, but we're not talking about a LeBron/Durant/Davis/Simmons level prospect, and the same with Barrett, who I view as a DeRozan comp. There's a lot of Wiggins in both of those guys and that makes me queasy. Beyond the Duke guys, nobody jumps out to me yet. I would have taken Luka over anyone in this class without a moment's hesitation. This feels a bit more like the 2010 draft to me, where you have a few guys that become All Stars (Wall, Boogie, PG13, Hayward) just because every class has a few, but none of them are ever true franchise guys.

I see zero risk with Zion. The only thing that can stop him is a broken back.

Heediot
11-09-2018, 09:52 PM

Barrett has that savviness that Wiggins doesn't. Andrew is more athletic and has more raw tools. Barrett is more refined and skilled and has the edge up stairs at the same time of development. He's more of a natural baller that knows how to play, whereas DD and Wiggins was reliant on their athleticism in College. I like his game and hopefully it translates on the nba level.

Heediot
11-09-2018, 09:54 PM
I see zero risk with Zion. The only thing that can stop him is a broken back.

Maybe weight issue as he ages if he doesn't eat and train well?

More-Than-Most
11-09-2018, 10:19 PM
Simmons you called proven yet you would have Celtics trade a more playoff battle tested Tatum besides a pick for Zion? Okay.

that moment where you think tatum is on bens level in any area except shooting and this year tatum sucks at just that

ewing
11-09-2018, 11:06 PM
Maybe weight issue as he ages if he doesn't eat and train well?

He looks like he trains

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GREATNESS ONE
11-10-2018, 12:34 AM
that moment where you think tatum is on bens level in any area except shooting and this year tatum sucks at just that

Like to add Jaylen Brown isnít so spectacular either...

Tg11
11-10-2018, 10:29 AM
Or instead I would trade Gordon Hayward, Jaylen Brown, Marcus Morris and a future 1st rounder

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-10-2018, 11:03 AM

Ben still needs to hit some threes. Then he's legit.

Tg11
11-12-2018, 07:13 PM
Everyone wants to move up by tanking to get Zion because they know Zion will be the #1 pick in the draft like there is no way around that so hence why teams are tanking their seasons on purpose to try to land Zion in their city. You have teams like the Cavs, Hawks, Suns, Wizards, Bulls, Mavs, Timberwolves, etc. tanking to get Zion