PDA

View Full Version : Rozier not happy, 7 teams interested in trade

Jamiecballer
11-07-2018, 07:51 PM
Not everyone is happy with their role in Boston. Not sure how this could happen.

Sarcasm aside - if Rozier is indeed quite unhappy who are we expecting to make a move on him?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

bloomis1307
11-07-2018, 08:20 PM
I could see someone like phoenix or orlando being interested.....not sure who they could give up / what a fair trade would be in return though....It seems like Josh Jackson from suns or Fornier or Isaac from orlando would be the only people that make any sense as the starting point of a trade.

Saddletramp
11-07-2018, 08:24 PM
^^^^Doesn’t Fournier make like $17 million a year?

IndyRealist
11-07-2018, 08:33 PM
Not everyone is happy with their role in Boston. Not sure how this could happen.

Sarcasm aside - if Rozier is indeed quite unhappy who are we expecting to make a move on him?

If he's unhappy with his role, he should have signed elsewhere.

More-Than-Most
11-07-2018, 08:33 PM
Rozier to houston for melo... make it happy boston lol

Jamiecballer
11-07-2018, 08:47 PM
If he's unhappy with his role, he should have signed elsewhere.You mean his rookie contract?

IndyRealist
11-07-2018, 08:49 PM
You mean his rookie contract?

I thought Rozier just signed a new deal. My mistake.

Tg11
11-07-2018, 08:49 PM
Being a C's fan I would trade him either to the Suns, Magic or Bulls

bloomis1307
11-07-2018, 09:00 PM
^^^^Doesn’t Fournier make like $17 million a year?

Didn't look at contracts...that sort of negates any trade for him...

Heediot
11-07-2018, 09:16 PM
rozier is looking for a big pay day, like reggie jackson when he was with the thunder and got shipped to detroit.

he needs more touches and oppurtunities so he can showcase himself. i think the guy is a bit over-rated. stevens knows how to milk his pgs.

Cal827
11-07-2018, 09:22 PM
I didn't even know that some people were unhappy in Boston until this thread lol

Scoots
11-07-2018, 09:54 PM
rozier is looking for a big pay day, like reggie jackson when he was with the thunder and got shipped to detroit.

he needs more touches and oppurtunities so he can showcase himself. i think the guy is a bit over-rated. stevens knows how to milk his pgs.

This

Scoots
11-07-2018, 09:56 PM
I didn't even know that some people were unhappy in Boston until this thread lol

I assume several people are. The young guys got a lot of press in the playoffs and then they lost PT. That's tough for anyone. Winning at a 60% rate is just bad enough to make people ask questions. If they were undefeated there would probably be no issue.

ewing
11-07-2018, 10:14 PM
Every team in the nba has guys that are unhappy. Some people call them bench players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoots
11-07-2018, 10:58 PM
Every team in the nba has guys that are unhappy. Some people call them bench players

The Warriors have Pat McCaw ... at least they don't pay him to be unhappy.

FlashBolt
11-07-2018, 11:29 PM
I was told it was going to work out from Boston fans. It won't ever work in today's day and age. Rosier wants his money and he's not going to get it playing garbage minutes in Boston.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-08-2018, 08:22 AM

Per Bill Simmons. But worth a discussion for trade block. I wanted the Bucks to go after Rozier this summer after he torched Bledsoe in the playoffs. Id offer up Brogdon and Maker for Rozier.

buckalis
11-08-2018, 08:23 AM
I think the Bucks would consider Brogdon for Rozier... The Bucks need a starting PG, if they are to trade (expiring) Bledsoe and do have alternatives to start at SG...

Brogdon is a combo guard, who shares his minutes starting at SG and being internally rotated at PG next to Bledsoe...

Both Brogdon and Rosier are restricted FAs on their rookie contracts, both are putting similar numbers on the board... It does make sense for the Bucks and for the Celtics too...

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-08-2018, 08:29 AM
Should of fix the thread title. I didnt see this thread till I made one today. Mods can merge mine here.

JasonJohnHorn
11-08-2018, 09:03 AM
Unpopular opinion: Celtics might be better off (chemistry wise) with Terry instead of Kyrie.

Kyrie is the better player. Obviouly. But the Celtics have too many cooks in the kitchen.

I know Gordon is is coming back from an injury, but he looks lost out there. The rest of the team (Brown, Tatum, Hoford) seem to be playing less efficiently. Outside of Morris, that team as a whole looks pretty lost.

Kyrie is playing better than anybody on that team, but is it at the expense of the others? I'm not saying that as a knock on him, but rather as a question of the chemistry that group has. In the playoffs last year, without Kyrie and Gordon, they were playing like champions. Now you add two all-stars and they are playing like a team competing for the 8th seed. It doesn't make sense.

Then you look at Toronto. Boston passed up on a chance to get Lenard, and now their rival has him. Even if the Raps had just traded DM;DR for Green (and DM;DR is clearly the better player), having Green (a 3+D guy) gave the Raptors what they needed. Spacing, 3pt shooting, and defense. That alone has allow Lowry to improve. On top of that they also have Lenard.

Boston needs to consider chemistry here. And franky, Ainge is in a position to get significantly more on a return for Kyrie than he is for anybody else. And moving Kyrie might actually improve the teams chemistry even if they get worse on paper.

And if he calls up New York, who knows... they'll likely give him half the roster and 3 unprotected picks.

The other things that people don't seem to address is that, as good as Kyrie is, he gets injured almost EVERY year.

1. He missed most of his first and only year in college (only played 11 games).
2. His missed the last third of his rookie year due to injury.
3. His missed a quarter of his sophmore season to injury.
4. After a healthy seasons, he missed his first playoff run due to injury.
5. He then mised a third of the next season due to injury.
6. He miss the the final quarter of the season and the playoffs due to injury his first year in Boston.

I mean... he's played seven seaons and missed significant time in 5 of them due to injury, and that doesn't include his college season.

As good as he is, is it worth it to pay out what they will have to pay for a player who may not be able to play? Who has that kind of history? Chemistry issues aside?

It's better to trade him now to a team like the Knicks, who will give away draft picks, and wait for that injury bomb to finally go off somewhere else than to pay Kyrie the big cash, lose out on a PG like Terry, and then see your title contention slip away because your salary camp is locked up by a player who is injury prone.

Tg11
11-08-2018, 09:06 AM
Rozier would make a good fit in Chicago playing for the Bulls at the 1 at PG...or hell send him to the Orlando Magic or Atlanta Hawks or send him to the Cavs

buckalis
11-08-2018, 09:07 AM

Per Bill Simmons. But worth a discussion for trade block. I wanted the Bucks to go after Rozier this summer after he torched Bledsoe in the playoffs. Id offer up Brogdon and Maker for Rozier.
It makes sense for both teams, the Bucks can then trade Bledsoe, although he is performing great this season and sign a cheaper PG as to back up Rosier, as well as use similar to (expiring) Bledsoe's current salary as to resign Rozier and Rosier, is unhappy living under Irving's shadow and would prefer a major role in another competitive team, as well as the Celtics would get a solution as to both resign Kyrie and have a capable combo guard as to rotate both on both PG and starting SG... while the Bucks would retain their salaries under control and ensure a stable roster for the following seasons.

The Celtics will inevitably have to restrict their roster depth if they are to renew their major roster contracts... a combo guard saves one major contract in this case and the Bucks do need to transfer some of their depth out of the plenty of 3 and D wings they have to PG without spending more than they now do on salaries... Bucks are also deep on bigs and therefore will not miss Maker, but perhaps it's not fair for them to pay both Brogdon and Maker for Rosier... Perhaps it would be more fair if there was a direct trade between Brogdon and Rozier and then DJ Wilson used as money filler...

Tg11
11-08-2018, 09:10 AM
I would do Bledsoe for Rozier straight up 1 for 1 trade

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-08-2018, 09:16 AM

Eric Bledsoe $15,000,000

Terry Rozier $3,050,390 $4,285,798

Celtics would have to toss in some salary.

buckalis
11-08-2018, 09:19 AM

Thats because you always propose nonesense that can't happen... Money doesn''t work... understand? MONEY DOESN´T WORK! Why the hell are you posting nonesense all the time and interrupt the fluency of conversations to develop...?

Tg11
11-08-2018, 09:23 AM
Eric Bledsoe $15,000,000

Terry Rozier $3,050,390 $4,285,798

Celtics would have to toss in some salary.

Well in that case I would toss in Rozier, Morris, and a draft pick

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-08-2018, 09:25 AM
Well in that case I would toss in Rozier, Morris, and a draft pick

I doubt Ainge would. I think Ainge wants to swindle a desperate pg starving team like Magic or Suns. Ainge wants to restock the war chest.

buckalis
11-08-2018, 09:25 AM
Where were we Millerhighlife? ...Oh yeah... you proposed a feasible deal as to trade Brogdon for Rosier and I was saying that it should be tempting for both teams...

Tg11
11-08-2018, 09:28 AM
I doubt Ainge would. I think Ainge wants to swindle a desperate pg starving team like Magic or Suns. Ainge wants to restock the war chest.

Then I would go Orlando Magic because they are in desperate need of a point guard and Rozier for some reason just fits in Orlando because they have hardly any stars in Orlando if you count Aaron Gordon but still

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-08-2018, 09:29 AM
Where were we Millerhighlife? ...Oh yeah... you proposed a feasible deal as to trade Brogdon for Rosier and I was saying that it should be tempting for both teams...

Doubt Ainge wants Brogdon. They got Smart and Tatum,Brown at the wings. Ainge probably wants a barely protected lottery pick from Suns or Magic. Or a recent drafted rookie. Celtics need cheap cap friendly contracts since they paid Irving,Horford,Hayward and Smart.

Tg11
11-08-2018, 09:34 AM
Doubt Ainge wants Brogdon. They got Smart and Tatum,Brown at the wings. Ainge probably wants a barely protected lottery pick from Suns or Magic. Or a recent drafted rookie. Celtics need cheap cap friendly contracts since they paid Irving,Horford,Hayward and Smart.

Yeah I would go with a lottery pick because think about it if Orlando or Phoenix end up with a very bad record not just this season but for seasons yet to come then in the lottery the Celtics would have that high draft pick which they could use along with other players to use in another sign and trade with another team to try to land another star in Boston...it is really a genius move on Ainge

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-08-2018, 09:50 AM
Yeah I would go with a lottery pick because think about it if Orlando or Phoenix end up with a very bad record not just this season but for seasons yet to come then in the lottery the Celtics would have that high draft pick which they could use along with other players to use in another sign and trade with another team to try to land another star in Boston...it is really a genius move on Ainge

I think Celtics/Lakers be aiming for a trade for AD in the next couple years.

buckalis
11-08-2018, 09:51 AM
It's well in line with what I say.... the Celtics do need to compact their rotation depth as to keep their core rotation... Brogdon would save them a contract, why they would prefer a pick that they would have to risk on and develop instead...? It makes more sense as to sign a capable combo guard at a reasonable contract and rotate at both PG and SG like we now do... doesn't it ?

Cap space wise, it makes more sense for them than risking on a pick... Also... Morris will be unrestricted next off season and difficult to rise as to keep for them...

Jamiecballer
11-08-2018, 11:13 AM
Unpopular opinion: Celtics might be better off (chemistry wise) with Terry instead of Kyrie.

Kyrie is the better player. Obviouly. But the Celtics have too many cooks in the kitchen.

I know Gordon is is coming back from an injury, but he looks lost out there. The rest of the team (Brown, Tatum, Hoford) seem to be playing less efficiently. Outside of Morris, that team as a whole looks pretty lost.

Kyrie is playing better than anybody on that team, but is it at the expense of the others? I'm not saying that as a knock on him, but rather as a question of the chemistry that group has. In the playoffs last year, without Kyrie and Gordon, they were playing like champions. Now you add two all-stars and they are playing like a team competing for the 8th seed. It doesn't make sense.

Then you look at Toronto. Boston passed up on a chance to get Lenard, and now their rival has him. Even if the Raps had just traded DM;DR for Green (and DM;DR is clearly the better player), having Green (a 3+D guy) gave the Raptors what they needed. Spacing, 3pt shooting, and defense. That alone has allow Lowry to improve. On top of that they also have Lenard.

Boston needs to consider chemistry here. And franky, Ainge is in a position to get significantly more on a return for Kyrie than he is for anybody else. And moving Kyrie might actually improve the teams chemistry even if they get worse on paper.

And if he calls up New York, who knows... they'll likely give him half the roster and 3 unprotected picks.

The other things that people don't seem to address is that, as good as Kyrie is, he gets injured almost EVERY year.

6. He miss the the final quarter of the season and the playoffs due to injury his first year in Boston.

I mean... he's played seven seaons and missed significant time in 5 of them due to injury, and that doesn't include his college season.

As good as he is, is it worth it to pay out what they will have to pay for a player who may not be able to play? Who has that kind of history? Chemistry issues aside?

It's better to trade him now to a team like the Knicks, who will give away draft picks, and wait for that injury bomb to finally go off somewhere else than to pay Kyrie the big cash, lose out on a PG like Terry, and then see your title contention slip away because your salary camp is locked up by a player who is injury prone.Yes to trading Irving. I dont know why Ainge would not explore that first. For all the reasons you already stated.

Rivera
11-08-2018, 11:29 AM
I dont see the Cs pairing anyone to trade Rozier maybe Baynes but he cant be traded until 12/5

Roziers salary is really low, im not sure what real value outside of picks the Cs can get

Would the Cs take Jerian Grant from the Magic for Rozier?

Would the Cs do Troy Daniels and Jamal Crawford for Rozier?

Would the Pacers do something like Aaron Holiday and TJ Leaf for Rozier?

Keep in mind, someone may need to attach a lottery protected first

buckalis
11-08-2018, 11:31 AM

It's better to trade him now to a team like the Knicks, who will give away draft picks, and wait for that injury bomb to finally go off somewhere else than to pay Kyrie the big cash, lose out on a PG like Terry, and then see your title contention slip away because your salary camp is locked up by a player who is injury prone.

Well thought opinion, it's what I would do if was the Celtics GM too... But I doubt they will decide against the matket and not keep Kyrie...
EDIT: ...If they are to decide on Kyrie, what you think on the Rozier for Brogdon trade?

Scoots
11-08-2018, 11:36 AM
Trade Kyrie ... but for picks, not players.

buckalis
11-08-2018, 11:40 AM
Trade Kyrie ... but for picks, not players.

How does Stevens backs up Kyrie as to keep the taeam going when it is time for breaths, or some injury occurs then?

warfelg
11-08-2018, 12:13 PM
This is the least shocking development....

buckalis
11-08-2018, 12:36 PM
How does Stevens backs up Kyrie as to keep the taeam going when it is time for breaths, or some injury occurs then?
I guess YO is: "with some voodoo magic", or "dancing with the wolves"... right?

Jamiecballer
11-08-2018, 01:17 PM
Trade Kyrie ... but for picks, not players.Totally. Relieve the logjam, not reallocate the jam-y-ness.

Heediot
11-08-2018, 03:40 PM
lol I knew op wanted to flesh out some kyrie hate.

c's could be argued to be better without him regular season wise, but deeper in the playoffs the team is better with a talent like him vs. not.

ldawg
11-08-2018, 03:48 PM
hes not that good

GiantsSwaGG
11-08-2018, 05:29 PM
Lol he’s overrated let’s not overreact to a playoff series

Remember Jerome James

Scoots
11-08-2018, 05:46 PM

c's could be argued to be better without him regular season wise, but deeper in the playoffs the team is better with a talent like him vs. not.

True, but is he going to make enough of a positive difference on such a deep team to justify the new contract?

Heediot
11-08-2018, 06:23 PM
True, but is he going to make enough of a positive difference on such a deep team to justify the new contract?

all i know is, i rather Kyrie at 35-40 vs. Hayward at 30-35.

people should be looking at hayward and how he is recovering vs. kyrie when considering the boston start/chemistry.

kyrie usage is down a lot this year, he has more win shares both offensive and defensive vs. hayward.

if they could get ad for either one, do it. but with gordon's current vs. kyries next contracts. i'm taking kyrie.

hayward has been struggling since his return imo.

Jamiecballer
11-08-2018, 07:30 PM

c's could be argued to be better without him regular season wise, but deeper in the playoffs the team is better with a talent like him vs. not.Well you would be wrong then. I wanted to call out the guys who acted like there was some pie in the sky world where you could easily put the young guys back in the box.

I hadn't even considered the other thing until someone else mentioned. Seemed like it was ok to agree but I will run things by you in the future.

specialiststeve
11-08-2018, 07:54 PM
Rozier stated today was not sure where any of this came from as he is happy and fine with his role at this time. Of course Bill Simmons was the source..... He wasn't getting any attention lately evidently....

FlashBolt
11-08-2018, 07:56 PM
Rozier stated today was not sure where any of this came from as he is happy and fine with his role at this time. Of course Bill Simmons was the source..... He wasn't getting any attention lately evidently....

This is the final year for Rosier and he'll be up for a contract. The dude wants his money. He won't get it playing a limited role in Boston. Dude wants to be in a position where he can pound the ball and get his money.

Heediot
11-08-2018, 08:01 PM
Well you would be wrong then. I wanted to call out the guys who acted like there was some pie in the sky world where you could easily put the young guys back in the box.

I hadn't even considered the other thing until someone else mentioned. Seemed like it was ok to agree but I will run things by you in the future.

aight cool.

but rozier will be exposed once he leaves boston imo. if i were a c's fans I wouldn't sweat the 8th or so best player being disgruntled. i don't remember people caring about if rozier was the guy unhappy anyway.

Scoots
11-08-2018, 10:52 PM
This is the final year for Rosier and he'll be up for a contract. The dude wants his money. He won't get it playing a limited role in Boston. Dude wants to be in a position where he can pound the ball and get his money.

Yes. And while Simmons will express wild speculation, he also has legit sources, and his wild speculation is generally obviously speculation.

Rozier NEEDS time to maximize his next contract and he's not going to get anywhere close to what he was getting in the playoffs last year.

Cal827
11-08-2018, 11:13 PM
Boston needs to be EXTREMELY careful when handling matters. Do they really want to give Kyrie a max? I mean, the man has has been injury prone and has had multple knee surgeries. We also don't know how the team plays when he's the main man come playoff time. I'm not saying that he'll screw up (I think he'll probably be fine), but what if he can't lead this team to any playoff success? We saw last year that without him, the team was still able to get to a game 7 of the ECF. Now the east is stronger this year, but most of us (self included) had Boston coming out of the East. A fair bit of people say that not getting there would be a failure, and if they get knocked out in the earlier rounds by another team (E.g. Milwaukee, Toronto, Philly), then it woould be an absolute failure.

If they don't go far in the playoffs... do they want to dedicate 70 million to Irving and Hayward (who might not get back to what he once was? The decisions (and a little luck) could determine whether this team becomes a dynasty in the East, or a team like the Bulls in the early 2010s, or even the Raptors from 2014-2018 as in a very, very solid team, but locked in cap wise, and not good enough to get past other solids teams/ elite talents (Giannis, Embiid, if Kawhi stays, etc).

As cold as he might be, Boston has a great GM. I would expect that he'd listen into any deal that he thinks might help set his team up well for the future. If he feels Rozier can be a good starter, watch him put a feeler out to a rebuilding team that Irving might be available :laugh2:... I mean he probably wouldn't want to lose him for nothing.

Bostonjorge
11-09-2018, 01:25 AM
Trade him to Sacramento for Giles and a draft pick.

Sacramento can then pay to keep Rozier long term.

JasonJohnHorn
11-09-2018, 01:59 AM
Well thought opinion, it's what I would do if was the Celtics GM too... But I doubt they will decide against the matket and not keep Kyrie...
EDIT: ...If they are to decide on Kyrie, what you think on the Rozier for Brogdon trade?

Would the Bucks bite on that? He's a solid young player, great 3pt shooter. But yeah... he'd be great in Boston.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-09-2018, 07:21 AM

What about Sexton?