PDA

View Full Version : I was wrong about Clarkson vs Lavine

Rocco007
11-06-2018, 01:02 AM
The trajectory has changed even before the season started...
Tonight's game reminded me that I needed to clear myself...

Clarkson unexpectedly has plateaued...He initially came across as a kid with great work ethic and High BBall IQ...
Either I was dead wrong about that or he got bit by the Kardashian curse, went Hollywood and fell off...
Probably the consensus in the Lakers; front office and coaching staff...Hence the trade...Alot of mental errors and maybe even a lost of confidence in his game last season...

Lavine came across to me as more fluff than substance...and was too dumb to play PG...

On the contrary, he was not even a combo guard...He is a Shooting Guard that needs the green light to lead a team...Probably would not have worked in Minny either way...He wasn't prioritized...

The kid looks like he is just hitting his stride...No way he has recovered from his injury amd performing at this level so soon after...without being committed to the game...
after getting a big contract...

So much respect Lavine...You have a new fan in me...

WaDe03
11-06-2018, 01:09 AM
You’ve been wrong about a lot, thanks for owning up to this but you will need to own up to this years lakers sooner or later.

IndyRealist
11-06-2018, 09:43 AM
Clarkson is a volume shooter and volume shooters fool most people. Remember when people compared Melo to Lebron? Lavine has that rare level of athleticism you just can't teach. I wasn't a fan but like you I'm starting to come around.

tp13baby
11-06-2018, 10:46 AM
I really have less issue with you comparing the two. The problem was you went on a tangent about how good Clarkson was. Nothing in his game is great. He shoots a lot and you were blinded by homerism. And a lot of us are like that but this was one was bad. But I totally get it.

Tg11
11-06-2018, 11:07 AM
LaVine is clearly better

Hawkeye15
11-06-2018, 11:43 AM
Clarkson never showed anything special. Lavine sucks as a defender, but is going to be an excellent scorer. It was always Lavine>Clarkson.

Hawkeye15
11-06-2018, 11:44 AM
Clarkson is a volume shooter and volume shooters fool most people. Remember when people compared Melo to Lebron? Lavine has that rare level of athleticism you just can't teach. I wasn't a fan but like you I'm starting to come around.

If Lavine learns the tricks of the trade scoring wise, he will put them up efficiently for years. Dude just can't defend a wet paper bag

jaydubb
11-06-2018, 11:54 AM
To be fair, you're wrong quite a bit OP.. You think every young laker is gonna be the next Michael Jordan. I remember when you posted a video of Jordan Clarkson taking some open jumpers in an empty gym and you said that Jordan Clarkson is the next klay Thompson.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

jaydubb
11-06-2018, 11:58 AM
BTW, a little off topic, but man did Jordan Clarkson go all out on tattoos this offseason.. He went from none to tons.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Leftcoast_yg
11-06-2018, 12:10 PM
You’ve been wrong about a lot, thanks for owning up to this but you will need to own up to this years lakers sooner or later.

Werent you in the Lakers forum pretending to be a fan now you want to call Lakers fans out. What bandwagoning bum at least he roots for one team and is proud of it.

Scoots
11-06-2018, 12:42 PM
Levine showed some special talent early on. Elite athlete and had games where he couldn't be stopped. But it kind of ends there. His defense has been bad to non-existent, and his BBIQ has been bad to below average.

I hope he can put it together for the Bulls, maybe his injury woke him up. But my guess is he is at or near his peak game right now, and that's a good show, but winning takes more.

Scoots
11-06-2018, 12:46 PM
Werent you in the Lakers forum pretending to be a fan now you want to call Lakers fans out. What bandwagoning bum at least he roots for one team and is proud of it.

Wade03 is a fan one player in particular, of players and the game, and of the Heat. He's never really abandoned the Heat, but he can still have opinions on, and follow, other teams.

And the Lakers are kind of a mess right now.

Chronz
11-06-2018, 01:19 PM
If Lavine learns the tricks of the trade scoring wise, he will put them up efficiently for years. Dude just can't defend a wet paper bag

Ive liked him for awhile, hes a gifted shooter and has that kind of athleticism that even after an injury he can keep jumping, pretty sure he played on his injury for like 5 minutes before understanding his season was over. If he were on another team im certain he's got .440 3pt% ability. Hes just too slender to be an adept defender but if you can score like him you can still be an allstar

Hawkeye15
11-06-2018, 01:26 PM
Ive liked him for awhile, hes a gifted shooter and has that kind of athleticism that even after an injury he can keep jumping, pretty sure he played on his injury for like 5 minutes before understanding his season was over. If he were on another team im certain he's got .440 3pt% ability. Hes just too slender to be an adept defender but if you can score like him you can still be an allstar

skinny guys can defend with high IQ, and working angles though, even if they get abused in muscle down situations. Lavine is just a step too slow on that end. But yeah dude, he will be a very good scorer, and has take over ability at times. I liked him, the trajectory was always good, and he is just basically rubbing salt in the wounds of the Butler trade at this point..

Leftcoast_yg
11-06-2018, 02:20 PM
Wade03 is a fan one player in particular, of players and the game, and of the Heat. He's never really abandoned the Heat, but he can still have opinions on, and follow, other teams.

Sorry wade03 spokesman you must be a new hire. Last year and previous years he was in the Lakers forum posting as a Lakers fan if he were a Heat fan why wasnt he or she there posting with them instead??

Lakers are a mess thanks to the Lebron signing but so what the Lakers are still the greatest and most profitable franchise in tje Nba which every other team eats off of.

MygirlhatesCod
11-06-2018, 03:25 PM
Sorry wade03 spokesman you must be a new hire. Last year and previous years he was in the Lakers forum posting as a Lakers fan if he were a Heat fan why wasnt he or she there posting with them instead??

Lakers are a mess thanks to the Lebron signing but so what the Lakers are still the greatest and most profitable franchise in tje Nba which every other team eats off of.

knicks bring in more revenue.

Scoots
11-06-2018, 03:40 PM

Feel free to post wherever you like, just don't be disrespectful.

crewfan13
11-06-2018, 04:11 PM
I was never a Lavine fan but he's shown more than I thought he ever would. He's muxh better with the ball than I thought.

That being said, he reminds me a ton of a Monta Ellis type. He can put up huge numbers on a bad team that let's him be lead dog. But he's not good enough to be lead dog on a good team. And he hasn't shown the skills and desire to be great in a secondary role. Best case scenario for him on a good team is turning into a Crawford type who can be the lead guy in a 2nd unit. But it will probably be hard to convince him to do that when he can be a volume guy on a bad team.

WaDe03
11-07-2018, 02:49 PM

I was in there messing around because of G1. Go look at my posts, obviously not serious. “We have to rip Bookers dick off if we’re going to win tonight” for example, obviously not serious.

WaDe03
11-07-2018, 02:50 PM

My lord and savior has returned! Thank you!

WaDe03
11-07-2018, 02:50 PM

You must have me confused with someone else.

tredigs
11-07-2018, 07:22 PM
Did you also think Ingram would be a star by this year (like most Laker fans)? Because it's year 3 and he doesn't even look like a starter.

Tg11
11-07-2018, 07:23 PM
Did you also think Ingram would be a star by this year (like most Laker fans)? Because it's year 3 and he doesn't even look like a starter.

Ingram at best is a role player

tredigs
11-07-2018, 08:53 PM
Ingram at best is a role player

Yeah, to this point a very poor role player. Can't shoot, can't create, doesn't play D.

Saddletramp
11-07-2018, 10:24 PM
Yeah, to this point a very poor role player. Can't shoot, can't create, doesn't play D.

He sure can yell in the face of a 60 year old man that penalized him for sucker pushing a dude, though!

More-Than-Most
11-07-2018, 10:26 PM
The trajectory has changed even before the season started...
Tonight's game reminded me that I needed to clear myself...

Clarkson unexpectedly has plateaued...He initially came across as a kid with great work ethic and High BBall IQ...
Either I was dead wrong about that or he got bit by the Kardashian curse, went Hollywood and fell off...
Probably the consensus in the Lakers; front office and coaching staff...Hence the trade...Alot of mental errors and maybe even a lost of confidence in his game last season...

Lavine came across to me as more fluff than substance...and was too dumb to play PG...

On the contrary, he was not even a combo guard...He is a Shooting Guard that needs the green light to lead a team...Probably would not have worked in Minny either way...He wasn't prioritized...

The kid looks like he is just hitting his stride...No way he has recovered from his injury amd performing at this level so soon after...without being committed to the game...
after getting a big contract...

So much respect Lavine...You have a new fan in me...

you just saying you were wrong would have covered every single past post... no need to focus in on 1 prediction.... trust us we know lol

Tg11
11-08-2018, 09:08 AM
Lavine is on his way to being an All Star putting up numbers with Chicago unlike Clarkson in Cleveland