PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Loves trade value?

WaDe03
11-04-2018, 03:50 PM
With reports coming out today that the Cavs vets expect to be traded, what do you think their best player in Kevin Love can get them in a trade? I don’t think his value is high and this has been reported in the past. Factor in him just having surgery and missing a month or so, what do you think his value is? Should a borderline contender make a run at him?

If I had to guess I would say shorter term contracts than his and a 1st would get it done.

What do you think?

Tg11
11-04-2018, 03:56 PM
I say they should trade Love but where to? I would trade him to the Raptors, Spurs, Celtics, Heat or to the Clippers if anything any one of those teams

warfelg
11-04-2018, 04:09 PM
Nothing right now. He's out 6 weeks.

FlashBolt
11-04-2018, 04:52 PM
With that new contract he just signed, he's worth negative value. Cavs would have to be giving him up and adding picks to get rid of the guy at this rate.

WaDe03
11-04-2018, 04:55 PM
With that new contract he just signed, he's worth negative value. Cavs would have to be giving him up and adding picks to get rid of the guy at this rate.

You think anyone should try to go after him? He would be a good fit on a lot of competitive teams.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-04-2018, 04:58 PM
I would have taken Love as a Raps fan but not with that new contract.

I would trade for him if I want Portland but that's just me. Meyers Leonard, 1 more of their **** contracts and Collins for him and Korver.

FlashBolt
11-04-2018, 04:59 PM
You think anyone should try to go after him? He would be a good fit on a lot of competitive teams.

I don't think him being constantly injured and having a long-term contract helps the other team trading for him unless they're also dumping bad contracts. I mean, what are the list of teams that could use a three point shooter who doesn't play defense, gets injured, and they also have a bad contract to shave off?

Vinylman
11-04-2018, 05:19 PM
I'd rather have a colonoscopy than take on that deal.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-04-2018, 05:21 PM
That new contract is a bit risky. Also out 6 weeks or so.

Tg11
11-04-2018, 06:05 PM
Love to the Blazers I could go for that but then who do you ship to Cleveland in exchange for him? Plus with Love in Portland you can pair him up with CJ and Lillard it would actually be a great fit

Alayla
11-04-2018, 06:05 PM
unpopular opinion I'd take love in a heartbeat would be glad to see him in Philly he'd fit in Saric's role wonderfully.

Tg11
11-04-2018, 06:11 PM
If Love went to Philly they would probably be as dangerous as Boston and Toronto especially if you add Love when he's healthy and pairing him up with Embiid and Simmons yeah they would be Finals contenders easily in the East

However, it wouldn't surprise me if the Lakers go after Kevin Love to reunite with LeBron

WaDe03
11-04-2018, 06:29 PM
If the Heat are able to get Jimmy and pair him with another star I’d gladly take the gamble on Love

Tg11
11-04-2018, 06:36 PM
If the Heat are able to get Jimmy and pair him with another star I’d gladly take the gamble on Love

Jimmy Butler and Kevin Love dynamic duo in Miami that actually is not bad

warfelg
11-04-2018, 06:48 PM
Cavs screwed themselves signing that extension thinking it makes him more valuable than being an expiring deal.

FlashBolt
11-04-2018, 07:15 PM
Cavs screwed themselves signing that extension thinking it makes him more valuable than being an expiring deal.

they probably thought they could inflate Love's stats to like 25/14 and flip him for some younger pieces. It's laughable because it was obvious Love isn't the same player as he was in his Minny days and also, the league has changed a ton since he was last a viable first option. He's gotten significantly slimmer and can't bang on the post and LeBron literally carried the Cavs to the point where Love's injuries were meaningless. Not so meaningless when he's the first option on a bad team.

Tg11
11-04-2018, 07:24 PM
Love if he stays in Cleveland I don't see how they can build around him

FlashBolt
11-04-2018, 07:29 PM
"Throughout the organization, the line on Sexton is that he does not “know how to play.” He doesn’t know how to defend the pick and roll. He doesn’t know how to set up teammates as a point guard. He’s playing 25 minutes a night, averaging 11.1 points and 2.2 assists (2.1 turnovers) and is shooting 22 percent from 3-point range. Against the Hornets, he had as many points (four) as fouls."

Cavs veterans on Sexton.

Also, Korver made a handshake agreement with the Cavs saying they would trade him if LeBron leaves and Cavs didn't hold their end of the bargain.

Once again, this franchise is a joke. Back to being losers, honestly.

Tg11
11-04-2018, 07:31 PM
Sexton I am sure will get better like he is just adjusting to NBA ball as opposed to college ball but really he should have stayed in college

warfelg
11-04-2018, 07:41 PM
"Throughout the organization, the line on Sexton is that he does not “know how to play.” He doesn’t know how to defend the pick and roll. He doesn’t know how to set up teammates as a point guard. He’s playing 25 minutes a night, averaging 11.1 points and 2.2 assists (2.1 turnovers) and is shooting 22 percent from 3-point range. Against the Hornets, he had as many points (four) as fouls."

Cavs veterans on Sexton.

Also, Korver made a handshake agreement with the Cavs saying they would trade him if LeBron leaves and Cavs didn't hold their end of the bargain.

Once again, this franchise is a joke. Back to being losers, honestly.

They were so close with the Sixers for a deal for Korver. I think it was 2 2nds and rights to a foreign player. The rumor is Dan Gilbert caught wind of the deal, called the Sixers and said it had to be an unprotected 1st.

More-Than-Most
11-04-2018, 07:45 PM
they thought the same thing most lebron haters thought... that this team was a playoff team without lebron. Now that new shiny deal really hurts them.

Tg11
11-04-2018, 07:57 PM
I mean at this point the Cavs might as well tank to get Zion or RJ that is their only hope

Silent
11-04-2018, 08:05 PM
unpopular opinion I'd take love in a heartbeat would be glad to see him in Philly he'd fit in Saric's role wonderfully.

:hi5: Alayla

WaDe03
11-04-2018, 10:59 PM
Package around Jrich and a 1st for Butler

Package around Dragic and Bam for Kemba or Wall

Package around TJ and a 1st for Love

Kemba
McGruder
Butler
Love
Whiteside

beasted86
11-05-2018, 08:05 AM
Package around Jrich and a 1st for Butler

Package around Dragic and Bam for Kemba or Wall

Package around TJ and a 1st for Love

Kemba
McGruder
Butler
Love
Whiteside

Great rebuild. Add three 29-31 year old players who should be at a combined salary of $90M. Two of which have injury history, and we know 6'0" and under speedy guards age beautifully. Also with Miami missing 3 out of next 6 years 1st round picks in this deal, adding young talent around them should be easy.

WaDe03
11-05-2018, 10:23 AM
Great rebuild. Add three 29-31 year old players who should be at a combined salary of $90M. Two of which have injury history, and we know 6'0" and under speedy guards age beautifully. Also with Miami missing 3 out of next 6 years 1st round picks in this deal, adding young talent around them should be easy.

Thanks for the compliment, why max the cap out with stars when we could max it out with the slew of scrubs we have right now?! They obviously want to rebuild by their actions right? They suck at drafting in the 1st round anyways, they find better products from the dleague. Pat Riley is washed as ****. Kemba is 6’1 and yes hes speedy but he’s very skilled and shoots the 3 at a high rate. He’s currently having his best season.

In reality we’ll sign McGruder to 4/60M and DJJ to 4/55M and call it a rebuild!

Hawkeye15
11-05-2018, 10:25 AM
If you have the assets to get him, as a 2-3rd option, he still has plenty of value.

Hawkeye15
11-05-2018, 10:26 AM
Love if he stays in Cleveland I don't see how they can build around him

no, Love can't be your #1. He is an excellent player, but we saw what he was as a 25/13 guy in MN. A 40 win team.

beasted86
11-05-2018, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the compliment, why max the cap out with stars when we could max it out with the slew of scrubs we have right now?! They obviously want to rebuild by their actions right? They suck at drafting in the 1st round anyways, they find better products from the dleague. Pat Riley is washed as ****. Kemba is 6’1 and yes hes speedy but he’s very skilled and shoots the 3 at a high rate. He’s currently having his best season.

In reality we’ll sign McGruder to 4/60M and DJJ to 4/55M and call it a rebuild!

So compound a stupid decision with a stupider decision? Where do I sign up?

Arison should be lucky to pay multiple repeater taxes for a team that gets murdered by Boston and Toronto.

Vinylman
11-05-2018, 12:21 PM
If you have the assets to get him, as a 2-3rd option, he still has plenty of value.

ummm no

he will never perform to that contract... he might help a team but he has no "value"

IndyRealist
11-05-2018, 12:30 PM
With this contract Love is negative value. You'll have to trade young pieces and/or picks in a package just to get rid of him right now.

WaDe03
11-05-2018, 12:34 PM
So compound a stupid decision with a stupider decision? Where do I sign up?

Arison should be lucky to pay multiple repeater taxes for a team that gets murdered by Boston and Toronto.

Doubt that team gets murdered by anyone.

You’re right though. Let’s find some more journeymen and pay them the big bucks to be a fringe playoff team consistently. Then let’s draft our next Justise Winslow

WaDe03
11-05-2018, 12:37 PM
Beasted, are there any injured journeyman FAs this coming summer you think we should throw 4/48M at? Would love another Waiters/McRoberts if possible!

beasted86
11-05-2018, 03:02 PM
Beasted, are there any injured journeyman FAs this coming summer you think we should throw 4/48M at? Would love another Waiters/McRoberts if possible!

True. It's possible Riley might think we're one more 10-14 ppg player away...

But instead rather in my own personal opinion were better off trading for a star not on the wrong side of 30.

Rather get a guy like Beal or CJ who we may actually have a legit 5 year window where he's worth what you're paying him rather than 2 years followed by a steep decline and $37-40M for a guy nowhere close to being worth that.

FlashBolt
11-05-2018, 03:02 PM
With this contract Love is negative value. You'll have to trade young pieces and/or picks in a package just to get rid of him right now.

lol i said the exact same thing in the first page

IndyRealist
11-05-2018, 05:08 PM
lol i said the exact same thing in the first page

It seems like the obvious answer, right? With that much money and him underperforming, no one can possibly think anyone wants Love right now

valade16
11-05-2018, 05:30 PM
He is from Portland so there's always rumors of him going to Portland, but at this point I take him if I'm Portland is if we trade Leonard, Harkless, and possibly Turner's contracts for him.

Even then, Lillard - CJ - Aminu - Love - Nurkic is putting a ton of pressure on Nurkic at the rim and Aminu to play defense.

FlashBolt
11-05-2018, 07:32 PM
Love fits best behind a defensive anchor. he'd be perfect in Philly where he can get the shots he needs, rebound, and wouldn't have to worry about defense.

warfelg
11-05-2018, 07:41 PM
Love fits best behind a defensive anchor. he'd be perfect in Philly where he can get the shots he needs, rebound, and wouldn't have to worry about defense.

I wouldn’t mind him on this team but his contract. Woof.

valade16
11-05-2018, 07:44 PM

Any contender that trades for Love must believe that he is the final piece to their team contending for the title, because acquiring him almost certainly removes any flexibility any team has in the future.

warfelg
11-05-2018, 07:59 PM
Any contender that trades for Love must believe that he is the final piece to their team contending for the title, because acquiring him almost certainly removes any flexibility any team has in the future.

Yea, and given our lack of length and athleticism at the wings, and having Saric, it doesn't make trading for Love something we have to do.

FlashBolt
11-06-2018, 01:22 AM

Mind boggling. Cavs spent the past few years trying to trade him and then decided to give him a hefty contract. makes no sense.

Chronz
11-06-2018, 07:04 AM
Wiggins for Love, who says no?

Vinylman
11-06-2018, 09:29 AM

Cleveland most likely

Scoots
11-06-2018, 11:05 AM
Cleveland most likely

Cleveland would JUMP at that is my guess.

Tg11
11-06-2018, 11:10 AM
I would send Love back to the T Wolves

Hawkeye15
11-06-2018, 11:16 AM
ummm no

he will never perform to that contract... he might help a team but he has no "value"

in today's NBA, where the money makes no sense across the league, the term "Value" needs to be reassessed.

Hawkeye15
11-06-2018, 11:17 AM

I would do that in a heartbeat

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-07-2018, 08:31 AM
Wiggins for Love does have a ring to it. Then trade KAT for Irving. Wolves have a big 3 of Butler,Irving,Love. Not to shabby.

Hawkeye15
11-07-2018, 12:02 PM
Wiggins for Love does have a ring to it. Then trade KAT for Irving. Wolves have a big 3 of Butler,Irving,Love. Not to shabby.

I would absolutely prefer Butler/Love/Towns.

FlashBolt
11-07-2018, 03:38 PM

Why would anyone trade KAT for Irving lol. If LeBron, Love, and Irving couldn't do it, there isn't a likely scenario where Butler, Love, and Irving can. KAT+Love+Butler makes a lot of sense but I think this team is has lost any chance of resigning Butler or appeasing him.

buckalis
11-07-2018, 05:54 PM
Not if the plan is that Love ends up to the Lakers...

buckalis
11-07-2018, 05:58 PM

Actually, his real name is Alla Yia alla...

Alayla
11-07-2018, 06:01 PM
Actually, his real name is Alla Yia alla...

I'm not a guy XD Anyways I don't get the joke.

buckalis
11-07-2018, 06:13 PM

I'm not a guy XD Anyways I don't get the joke.

It's not a joke, it suggests that you use a name from another language... if it's a coincidence, I'm mistaken.

Jamiecballer
11-07-2018, 06:23 PM
I did not know that

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Tg11
11-07-2018, 06:48 PM
Love will reunite with LeBron in LA

Alayla
11-07-2018, 11:46 PM
It's not a joke, it suggests that you use a name from another language... if it's a coincidence, I'm mistaken.

Ah my name is of Greek origin that's why it sounds kind of off but it actually is just written and spoken as Alayla

WaDe03
11-10-2018, 01:05 PM
They say a lot of teams are trying to go after Love.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-10-2018, 01:23 PM
Why would anyone trade KAT for Irving lol. If LeBron, Love, and Irving couldn't do it, there isn't a likely scenario where Butler, Love, and Irving can. KAT+Love+Butler makes a lot of sense but I think this team is has lost any chance of resigning Butler or appeasing him.

It makes sense if Butler doesn't hate KAT's guts and banged his ex-girl friend. I'd still trade KAT for Irving and Wiggins for Love. That be more interesting then LeBron's Lakers. Wolves could then flip Teague to Suns for something like Warren?

Irving,Butler,Warren,Love,Dieng

On paper that looks pretty snazzy compared to the old youth movement Wolves had going on before giving up LaVine,Dunn and a pick for Butler. Get rid of the kids and go for win now players. Let the other teams farm the kids. Wolves were farming kids kinda like the Magic before Magic traded Olidipo and Sabonis for Ibaka.

Then was forced to down grade further with Ross and whatever else they got back. Now Magic back in a youth movement kinda. But a few vets like Fournier,Augustine,Vucevic getting in the way of the kids. You have to go one way or the other.

Its hard to have the best of both worlds or win now vet stars and youth as well. Unless of course your the Celtics.

Ty Fast
11-11-2018, 01:45 AM
I think him to the Blazers or Hornets for a 1st would be a good deal for both sides.

FlashBolt
11-11-2018, 02:07 AM
It makes sense if Butler doesn't hate KAT's guts and banged his ex-girl friend. I'd still trade KAT for Irving and Wiggins for Love. That be more interesting then LeBron's Lakers. Wolves could then flip Teague to Suns for something like Warren?

Irving,Butler,Warren,Love,Dieng

On paper that looks pretty snazzy compared to the old youth movement Wolves had going on before giving up LaVine,Dunn and a pick for Butler. Get rid of the kids and go for win now players. Let the other teams farm the kids. Wolves were farming kids kinda like the Magic before Magic traded Olidipo and Sabonis for Ibaka.

Then was forced to down grade further with Ross and whatever else they got back. Now Magic back in a youth movement kinda. But a few vets like Fournier,Augustine,Vucevic getting in the way of the kids. You have to go one way or the other.

Its hard to have the best of both worlds or win now vet stars and youth as well. Unless of course your the Celtics.

Timberwolves window to win isn't now. They've got to do a lot of growth and improvement with particularly Towns and maybe inflating Wiggins trade value to get rid of him. Getting Love, Butler, and Irving wouldn't be a enough and then they wouldn't have any young assets if Butler and Irving decide to leave. I said it before, I don't think Butler is worth the max. He's up there in age and hasn't looked healthy as every season passes by. And Love? Damn, this dude gets injured for the most random injuries.

Tg11
11-12-2018, 06:56 PM
Trade Wiggins most definitely because Wiggins hasn't lived up to his potential and not to mention he is probably just as soft if not more soft than Towns. I would rather they build around Towns and get rid of Wiggins but then Wiggins has that fat contract of max dollars so how do you get rid of that? Unless the T Wolves are in a re-build now stage because if that happens then getting rid of Butler was the best move they could have made but then if you are trying to rebuild for the future then why not get rid of Andrew Wiggins? I would trade him to a team like the Cavs, Hawks, Hornets, Clippers or Bulls.

Now as for Kevin Love he definitely needs to go to Portland or hell how about sending Love to the Lakers or Knicks?