PDA

View Full Version : Luke Walton on the Hot Seat?

AllBall
11-02-2018, 03:07 PM
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1058394511645253637

https://i.imgur.com/orU3K1F.gif

So get a bunch of lunatic players worthy of being on Hard Knocks, when they get suspended for antics, blame the coach for the losses without starters? The heck kind of crap is Magic trying to pull over here?

nastynice
11-02-2018, 03:11 PM
The LeBron effect has already started, lol!

warfelg
11-02-2018, 03:15 PM
He's been on the hot seat since Bron signed.

Scoots
11-02-2018, 03:15 PM
Every coach who has LeBron is constantly on the hot seat in the media.

GREATNESS ONE
11-02-2018, 03:21 PM
Dumb

Jamiecballer
11-02-2018, 03:21 PM
My first thought was wait a min this is nuts, doesn't this go against everything we were told all season regarding the expectations in year 1 and then it occurred to me, no that was the most commonly repeated suggestion from the media, I dont remember Magic actually echoing that. So I guess not surprising?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Vee-Rex
11-02-2018, 03:31 PM
And people laughed at Cavs fans for feeling 'relief' after LBJ's departure.

Obviously, we'd rather have him than not, but there's no denying how annoying the circus is through the regular season when he's on your team.

And that's when we were generally WINNING in the East and in the playoff picture. I can't imagine the drama if we had LBJ and were losing.

It's gonna be a loooooong season for Lakers fans. Make the playoffs and it'll all be worth it, though.

Edit: Unless you're the 8th seed - then you'll just get swept by GS.

Rivera
11-02-2018, 03:34 PM
He's been on the hot seat since Bron signed.

This x100000000

Lakers about to bring in former Los Angeles Laker Champion Ty Lue

GREATNESS ONE
11-02-2018, 03:43 PM
This x100000000

Lakers about to bring in former Los Angeles Laker Champion Ty Lue

I would be so pissed.....

Rivera
11-02-2018, 03:58 PM

next Lakers Head Coach

http://www.latimes.com/includes/projects/img/lakers/bio_photos/tyronn_lue.jpg

SteBO
11-02-2018, 04:14 PM
When things go south, the easiest move always is to fire the coach because at least that way, Magic doesn't have to own up to the fact he put together a crappy supporting cast. Expectations are always unreasonably high in Lakerland, and LBJ's presence escalates that to large degrees.......

kdspurman
11-02-2018, 04:18 PM
After Magic said not to worry about slow starts? Heh

warfelg
11-02-2018, 04:48 PM
next Lakers Head Coach

Got a better one ;)

http://www.art-hammer.com/Ebay/AI_3/3AI_1.jpg

GREATNESS ONE
11-02-2018, 05:08 PM
next Lakers Head Coach

https://goo.gl/images/oJsBBi

I prefer this picture

GREATNESS ONE
11-02-2018, 05:09 PM
Got a better one ;)

http://www.art-hammer.com/Ebay/AI_3/3AI_1.jpg

Lmfao!!!!! I posted the same **** but want to glue Walton's head on Iverson

DanG
11-02-2018, 06:22 PM
Walton has not been impressive during his time with the Lakers, mainly because of his questionable experimenting decisions and rotations, but after all these firings in the past years I would let him play out.

lakerfan85
11-02-2018, 06:31 PM
Itís clear you guys havenít watched many games.. Several of those losses were games that should have been won. Waltonís decisions are the problem. His rotations are ****ing stupid as hell.. Playing Rondo and Ball together is a bad idea.

GREATNESS ONE
11-02-2018, 06:34 PM
Walton has not been impressive during his time with the Lakers, mainly because of his questionable experimenting decisions and rotations, but after all these firings in the past years I would let him play out.

same, would be a huge mistake to fire him so early on in the season. Definitely see how this year unfolds before making that move. His rotations last game was much better, hoping he found something with the starters and how his rotation went.

SfgiantsJD3
11-02-2018, 06:34 PM
Trade for JR Smith, that will fix it

Heediot
11-02-2018, 06:51 PM
next Lakers Head Coach

bring back the cornrows, and ill hire him!

Scoots
11-02-2018, 06:55 PM

I'd be happy, Luke can come back to the Warriors to be their next head coach when Kerr retires.

FlashBolt
11-02-2018, 06:58 PM
I'd be happy, Luke can come back to the Warriors to be their next head coach when Kerr retires.

do you guys even need a head coach?

GREATNESS ONE
11-02-2018, 07:23 PM

they don't really have one now.... baaaazing.

GREATNESS ONE
11-02-2018, 07:23 PM

No!

Scoots
11-02-2018, 11:44 PM

Yes. When these Warriors didn't have a real coach they were out of the playoffs in the first round.

tredigs
11-02-2018, 11:56 PM
Fantastic young coach who will crush in this league for many years. But Lebron is on his team now and Lebron is a coach killer, so here we are less than 10 games in. Pathetic

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-03-2018, 07:22 AM

I don't wish Kidd onto anybody.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-03-2018, 09:04 AM

LeBron always wanted to play with Kidd.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-03-2018, 09:46 AM

BKLYNpigeon
11-03-2018, 10:51 AM
Luke filled in for Kerr and went 39-4, its because the players.

Luke is 4-6 with the lakers, its his fault. lol

Blame Magic for this unbalanced inexperienced roster.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-03-2018, 10:59 AM
Luke filled in for Kerr and went 39-4, its because the players.

Luke is 4-6 with the lakers, its his fault. lol

Blame Magic for this unbalanced inexperienced roster.

Actually its the lousy signings of Rondo,Lance. Also Butler said Lakers would of been a great destination for him next summer. At least until they signed LeBron. Guess maybe some bad blood between LeBron and Butler back in the days with Cavs/Bulls? Also seems odd Kawhi has Clippers and Raptors way ahead of LeBron's Lakers for a destination.

Who are the Lakers last hope for free agents? KD may stay with Warriors. Not sure if they can pry away Klay or not. Cousins last hope for Lakers? Warriors already said Cousin is just a one year deal. He wont be back at a discount again. AD already said he want Cousins back on the Pelicans next summer.

TrueFan420
11-03-2018, 04:35 PM
Actually its the lousy signings of Rondo,Lance. Also Butler said Lakers would of been a great destination for him next summer. At least until they signed LeBron. Guess maybe some bad blood between LeBron and Butler back in the days with Cavs/Bulls? Also seems odd Kawhi has Clippers and Raptors way ahead of LeBron's Lakers for a destination.

Who are the Lakers last hope for free agents? KD may stay with Warriors. Not sure if they can pry away Klay or not. Cousins last hope for Lakers? Warriors already said Cousin is just a one year deal. He wont be back at a discount again. AD already said he want Cousins back on the Pelicans next summer.

I think it's just because they don't want to deal with the circus that it is lebron. When you play with him you have to sacrifce your game, be blamed when you lose, not get credit when you win.

Scoots
11-03-2018, 04:44 PM

I don't wish Kidd onto anybody.

Mark "Playoff preparation is overrated... Iím going to get my rest. Iím not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair." Jackson.

Jason 'Intentionally miss the free throw up 3 with 1.4 seconds to play to keep the opponent from hitting those common 4 point plays' Kidd.

nastynice
11-03-2018, 06:09 PM
I think it's just because they don't want to deal with the circus that it is lebron. When you play with him you have to sacrifce your game, be blamed when you lose, not get credit when you win.

Yea, from a players perspective I can see some of the cons that come with lebron, constant trade rumors, constant hot seats, constant cryptic messages to the media where he reinforces that HE is doing HIS job... I'm sure kyrie loves his Boston situation much better than his lebron situation. Don't get why Cleveland traded him, he was their piece they coulda built around..

warfelg
11-03-2018, 06:11 PM
Mark "Playoff preparation is overrated... Iím going to get my rest. Iím not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair." Jackson.

Jason 'Intentionally miss the free throw up 3 with 1.4 seconds to play to keep the opponent from hitting those common 4 point plays' Kidd.

Jason 'bump me so I spill my drink and we get an illegal timeout' Kidd.

ewing
11-03-2018, 11:24 PM
I canít see any of these nicknames catching on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hugepatsfan
11-04-2018, 08:53 AM
Everyone except Lakers fans, the organization and Flashbolt could see clear as day that this Lakers team isnít that good. Theyíre eventually gonna land the right pieces and be awesome but not this year lol

warfelg
11-04-2018, 09:14 AM
Everyone except Lakers fans, the organization and Flashbolt could see clear as day that this Lakers team isnít that good. Theyíre eventually gonna land the right pieces and be awesome but not this year lol

HPF! Haven't seen you on PSD in a while!

I do agree. I think I said it in the offseason but here's the Lakers timeline:
First 1/2 of the year, tread water.
At the deadline, they'll move 2-3 of these expiring deals to a team slightly worse for better role player.
Make the playoffs as the 6-8 seed with some of the young guys having a slight impact.
2019 Offseason, sign another star.
2019 Offseason/deadline, trade their youth for a 3rd star.
2020 playoffs be a top 3 seed.

The minute LBJ signed and PG stayed in OKC, there was a 1.5 year clock that started to click.

lakerfan85
11-04-2018, 10:01 AM

Lol @ Chris Broussard!!

Tg11
11-04-2018, 01:41 PM
They should get Phil Jackson to come back but that ain't gonna happen so that being said the Lakers will probably fire Walton and hire Marc Jackson or Tyronn Lue...wouldn't surprise me

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-04-2018, 03:14 PM
HPF! Haven't seen you on PSD in a while!

I do agree. I think I said it in the offseason but here's the Lakers timeline:
First 1/2 of the year, tread water.
At the deadline, they'll move 2-3 of these expiring deals to a team slightly worse for better role player.
Make the playoffs as the 6-8 seed with some of the young guys having a slight impact.
2019 Offseason, sign another star.
2019 Offseason/deadline, trade their youth for a 3rd star.
2020 playoffs be a top 3 seed.

The minute LBJ signed and PG stayed in OKC, there was a 1.5 year clock that started to click.

2019 offseason sign another star. Which star? KD sounds like he will stay with the Warriors. Butler said he loved the Lakers as a destination until LeBron signed there. So that leaves him out maybe. Kawhi has Clippers or Raptors as 1a and 1b. Klay? Doubt he leaves. Cousins maybe. Yeah Bill Simmons predicted Ball and KCP will be traded at the deadline for Lillard. Doubt Blazers do that. That's a bit lite.

Not so sure MJ parts with Kemba. How many more season's will Lakers sign one year deals to carry cap over to following years? That's wasting LeBron's time. Cavs could trade Love at trade deadline if they decide to tank. Right thing would of been LeBron stay with Cavs one more year while Lakers bottom out with another high lottery pick then sign with Lakers in 2019.

Magic Johnson jumped the gun for buying out Deng. He was the big salary filler packaged with the kids for a legit second star. But that's out the window. Lakers have to wait till trade deadline almost to trade any of the new free agents signings as in Rondo,KCP,Lance,Beasley as salary fillers. Unless they go after a cheap star like Kemba for Ingram and Ball.

But I think Michael Jordan will give Kemba the super max like CP3/Wall got. Kemba will be the lone franchise piece.

warfelg
11-04-2018, 03:22 PM
Interesting idea my buddy had for the Lakers:
Ball/KCP/Stephenson/Beasley for Mike Connely

FlashBolt
11-04-2018, 04:56 PM

Terrible trade. Conley's constantly injured and isn't even a top PG. Makes zero sense for the Lakers to trade for him.

lakerfan85
11-04-2018, 06:11 PM

You may need to get your buddy some help..

Tg11
11-04-2018, 06:18 PM
For the Lakers if it is me I would trade Lonzo Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, Beasley and a draft pick all to Charlotte Hornets to get Kemba Walker; pair Kemba Walker up in LA with LeBron

FlashBolt
11-04-2018, 07:11 PM
For the Lakers if it is me I would trade Lonzo Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, Beasley and a draft pick all to Charlotte Hornets to get Kemba Walker; pair Kemba Walker up in LA with LeBron

Ingram Ball and Kuzma are worth way more than Kemba. What is wrong with you guys, lol?

lakerfan85
11-04-2018, 08:32 PM

Wtf?

Scoots
11-05-2018, 09:45 PM
LaVar Ball says the answer is to fire Walton, hire him, and he'll have Lonza and LeBron playing 48 minutes a game. Problem solved.

AntiG
11-06-2018, 05:03 PM
Lebron should just officially take over as player-coach. He pretty much has always done this anyway.

Hawkeye15
11-06-2018, 05:22 PM
And people laughed at Cavs fans for feeling 'relief' after LBJ's departure.

Obviously, we'd rather have him than not, but there's no denying how annoying the circus is through the regular season when he's on your team.

And that's when we were generally WINNING in the East and in the playoff picture. I can't imagine the drama if we had LBJ and were losing.

It's gonna be a loooooong season for Lakers fans. Make the playoffs and it'll all be worth it, though.

Edit: Unless you're the 8th seed - then you'll just get swept by GS.

dude, you got your chip out of him, no way anyone beats GS anytime soon, so why not be relieved of the 24/7 drama that is having LeBron on your team..

Hawkeye15
11-06-2018, 05:23 PM
Lebron should just officially take over as player-coach. He pretty much has always done this anyway.

yeah he will end up having a Fletch-like business card

LeBron James
Basketball player
Basketball coach
Basketball GM
Basketball trainer
all around fun guy
Does clown parties on weekends

Rivera
11-06-2018, 05:26 PM
LaVar Ball says the answer is to fire Walton, hire him, and he'll have Lonza and LeBron playing 48 minutes a game. Problem solved.

sounds great to me. sounds like he has better rotations with this strategy than Walton does. Plus Lavar would bring Gelo. The Lakers would be better than 4-6 with Gelo. Possibly 10-0 if they had Gelo

AllBall
11-06-2018, 10:32 PM

Will this show be airing on HBO or Showtime? My popcorn is ready.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-07-2018, 08:48 AM
Ingram Ball and Kuzma are worth way more than Kemba. What is wrong with you guys, lol?

Ingram is a bit over rated on PSD board. Laker fans on twitter threw Ingram under the bus plenty of times already. I think one even said Ingram is pretty much Beasley lite for top peak.

RowBTrice
11-07-2018, 10:44 AM
Every single person around that drama queen lebron is on the hot seat. every. single. one. always.

FlashBolt
11-07-2018, 03:40 PM
Ingram is a bit over rated on PSD board. Laker fans on twitter threw Ingram under the bus plenty of times already. I think one even said Ingram is pretty much Beasley lite for top peak.

That's a very good comparison for Ingram, actually. He's exactly like Beasley. But I would still think the potential of Ingram, Ball, and Kuzma are far more valuable than Kemba - who really hasn't been winning anything in Charlotte to warrant that much talent.

Scoots
11-07-2018, 04:26 PM
That's a very good comparison for Ingram, actually. He's exactly like Beasley. But I would still think the potential of Ingram, Ball, and Kuzma are far more valuable than Kemba - who really hasn't been winning anything in Charlotte to warrant that much talent.

I figure the only unrestricted free agent "stars" the Lakers have a chance at is getting Butler and Walker in S&Ts, and the combination would likely cost those 3 and more.

Tg11
11-08-2018, 09:21 AM
Or I would do a sign and trade by trading Ingram, Kuzma, Ball and draft picks to Minnesota for Jimmy Butler straight up; Butler goes to LA and pairs up with LeBron...you shift Butler to the 2 at SG, LeBron at the 3 at SF, Rondo as your PG at the 1, JaVale as your PF at the 4 and Tyson Chandler as your 5 at the C position...it really makes sense and Minnesota gets younger by adding Ingram, Kuzma and Ball

Tg11
11-08-2018, 09:37 AM
If Walton gets fired by the Lakers who do y'all think gets the job as Lakers coach? My picks are:

Jason "JKidd" Kidd (former Bucks coach)
Ty Lue (former Laker; former Cavs coach)
Mark Jackson (former Warriors coach)

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-08-2018, 10:42 AM
Lavar Ball

buckalis
11-08-2018, 10:44 AM
Lebron...

Hawkeye15
11-08-2018, 10:46 AM
Norman Dale

Scoots
11-08-2018, 10:54 AM
Do we really need another Walton thread?

Tg11
11-08-2018, 12:43 PM
Jason Kidd makes the most sense as Lakers coach especially if you fire Walton

Scoots
11-08-2018, 01:47 PM

... and they don't want to win.

Swift Game
11-08-2018, 05:10 PM
Or I would do a sign and trade by trading Ingram, Kuzma, Ball and draft picks to Minnesota for Jimmy Butler straight up; Butler goes to LA and pairs up with LeBron...you shift Butler to the 2 at SG, LeBron at the 3 at SF, Rondo as your PG at the 1, JaVale as your PF at the 4 and Tyson Chandler as your 5 at the C position...it really makes sense and Minnesota gets younger by adding Ingram, Kuzma and BallLol...those 3 for Anthony Davis sure..we would only need to move 1 of those guys for Butler..Ingram or Kuz...

I dont think he is the long term player we are looking for. Kawhi, Durant and or klay will be 1st considerations over Jimmy.

Klay and Durant wont both be back for Golden state. Its one or the other.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Swift Game
11-08-2018, 05:11 PM
... and they don't want to win.Lue might be the guy as crazy as it sounds.

Tg11
11-08-2018, 05:40 PM
Lol...those 3 for Anthony Davis sure..we would only need to move 1 of those guys for Butler..Ingram or Kuz...

I dont think he is the long term player we are looking for. Kawhi, Durant and or klay will be 1st considerations over Jimmy.

Klay and Durant wont both be back for Golden state. Its one or the other.

Then in that case trading Ingram, Ball, KCP and draft picks to New Orleans to get AD makes sense...AD can play the 5, JaVale at the 4 with Tyson Chandler coming off the bench with 2nd unit, LeBron at the 3, Kuzma or Hart at the 2 playing SG and Rondo at the 1 as your PG

FlashBolt
11-08-2018, 07:54 PM
Then in that case trading Ingram, Ball, KCP and draft picks to New Orleans to get AD makes sense...AD can play the 5, JaVale at the 4 with Tyson Chandler coming off the bench with 2nd unit, LeBron at the 3, Kuzma or Hart at the 2 playing SG and Rondo at the 1 as your PG

that would be the best fit for the Lakers because not only can they get AD but also another top tier free agent next season. If that AD trade works out, I think they're already the favorites to win the championship. AD pretty much solves all their defensive issues since he's a great perimeter and interior defender and with the Javale pairing, he'll have a lot of help defensively. Pelicans are just a bad team right now without AD and he's already complaining about not having enough help. If AD pushes for it, I think it happens.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-09-2018, 11:47 AM

That be gross as hell. Kidd is torture. Ruined a few years of Giannis cause of Kidd's putrid coaching.