PDA

View Full Version : Which team is most likely to recover to make the playoffs

Scoots
11-02-2018, 09:51 AM
Right now they are all out of the playoffs and their records are far worse than expected. Which one is most likely to recover to make the playoffs?

Tg11
11-02-2018, 09:55 AM
I say OKC

Rivera
11-02-2018, 09:58 AM
i still have all 3 in the playoffs. I dont think the Kings, or Grizzlies will keep up this pace. And I still think the Pels miss the playoffs. The lack of depth especially wing depth is going to hurt the Pels throughout the season. I have been consistent on this. They are a good team but they just need another piece or 2 especially a wing.

Tg11
11-02-2018, 10:27 AM
Rockets, Thunder and Lakers will all make the playoffs that is just a given but the Kings and or Grizzlies have been impressive thus far but I can't see it lasting either. Pelicans will most likely make it as a #8 seed if anything.

warfelg
11-02-2018, 10:43 AM
Rockets
Thunder
Lakers

In that order. Rockets have had a tough schedule to start the year. They'll get there. The Thunder aren't on the same page yet and will get there. The Lakers were obviously built to make a mid-season move. If it happens the Lakers will get there, if they don't it will be a dog fight.

Tg11
11-02-2018, 10:53 AM
Rockets
Thunder
Lakers

In that order. Rockets have had a tough schedule to start the year. They'll get there. The Thunder aren't on the same page yet and will get there. The Lakers were obviously built to make a mid-season move. If it happens the Lakers will get there, if they don't it will be a dog fight.

Most definitely because if the Lakers can make a trade during the trade deadline or get someone before the deadline then they will get there but what the Lakers need is rim protection. They need defense most importantly in terms of floor spacing y'all need a shooter or shooters when it comes to 3 point shooting because the new NBA you live and die by the 3.

Hawkeye15
11-02-2018, 02:20 PM
I would love it if the Rox missed the playoffs, but they are too talented to miss I think.

Scoots
11-02-2018, 02:25 PM
i still have all 3 in the playoffs. I dont think the Kings, or Grizzlies will keep up this pace. And I still think the Pels miss the playoffs. The lack of depth especially wing depth is going to hurt the Pels throughout the season. I have been consistent on this. They are a good team but they just need another piece or 2 especially a wing.

And OKC doesn't need the same thing? And the Rockets?

Rivera
11-02-2018, 02:33 PM
And OKC doesn't need the same thing? And the Rockets?

i feel like the rockets have enough depth. They have 6 quality returning WCF players, (Tucker/Capella/cp3/gordon/Gerald Green/Harden) they have a 7th getting good minutes in Melo and we will see what Marquese Chriss and Brandon Knight can give

OKC does need more wing depth, but PG13 is probably better than anyone NO has outside of AD

AD has a streaky Mirotic and Randle (who I love) they do have Holliday as well but after that, its really bleak, I feel more bleak than OKC and Houston. I may take Alex Abrines over anyone in NO that isnt the top 4 I mentioned

Ill let AD say it in his words which backs up what I have said about the NOP since the offseason

ďOf course, I know that in order to win games, a lot of pressure is going to be on me,Ē Davis told Yahoo Sports while sitting at his locker stall Wednesday night. ďIf we lose, itís on me. If we win, they give my team the credit and Iím fine with that.

ďA perfect example [was against the Warriors]. I donít have a good game and we lose. So, I got to play almost perfect every night to give us a chance to win. But my teammates do a great job. Even the games I didnít play, those guys have been battling night in and night out to get victories. Ö I donít try to put too much pressure on myself, but I know itís there.Ē

dhopisthename
11-02-2018, 02:37 PM
I can't see the rockets or the thunder missing the playoffs. too much talent on those rosters. the Lakers have played pretty well considering how new their roster is.

ewing
11-02-2018, 03:42 PM
Are we considering the fact that LeBron might make the Lakers trade all there youth at the dead line if they are not in the playoffs?

AllBall
11-02-2018, 03:42 PM
OKC is the only team I can see clipping off 20 straight or something crazy. I don't see Lebron missing the playoffs either. Rockets look horrendous for a while, barring any trades.

Scoots
11-02-2018, 11:24 PM
i feel like the rockets have enough depth. They have 6 quality returning WCF players, (Tucker/Capella/cp3/gordon/Gerald Green/Harden) they have a 7th getting good minutes in Melo and we will see what Marquese Chriss and Brandon Knight can give

OKC does need more wing depth, but PG13 is probably better than anyone NO has outside of AD

AD has a streaky Mirotic and Randle (who I love) they do have Holliday as well but after that, its really bleak, I feel more bleak than OKC and Houston. I may take Alex Abrines over anyone in NO that isnt the top 4 I mentioned

Ill let AD say it in his words which backs up what I have said about the NOP since the offseason

Yeah, AD has to play perfect to beat the Warriors, but he doesn't to beat the Suns (I hope).

You are under-rating E'Twaun Moore, And Payton has been a lot better this year and I think is better for the Pels than Rondo.

But yeah, they are not "deep" but almost no top Western teams are deep if you compare them to the Celtics who are absurd.

The Rockets have 5 quality players. Anthony, Green, Ennis, and MCW have a lot of issues.

OKC without Roberson always suffers, but everybody outside of PG and Adams has been pretty bad.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-03-2018, 07:40 AM
A bit early to tell. Rockets could get Butler then make a run. Lakers could trade their youth for a win now piece of LeBron's choosing at trade deadline. Thunder are the Thunder they always start out slow and go on a hot streak.

buckalis
11-03-2018, 08:01 AM
A bit early to tell. Rockets could get Butler then make a run. Lakers could trade their youth for a win now piece of LeBron's choosing at trade deadline. Thunder are the Thunder they always start out slow and go on a hot streak.

Trades aside, it should be Hornets, Heat and Bulls fighting for 2 seeds in the East and if Rockets should be considered a sure to make it in the west next to GSW, Pels, Blazers, Spurs, Nuggets & Jazz , then there is only one seed left, that should be challenged between Lakers & Thunder.

Tg11
11-03-2018, 10:42 AM
Lakers will for sure trade their young pieces that's just a given

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-03-2018, 10:50 AM
Lakers will for sure trade their young pieces that's just a given

Tell that to the Laker fans that trolled me when I said it early this summer. I would of used Deng as the main salary filler now with some of the youth. Cause Lakers cant trade for any star players making a ton of money. Cause the newly signed KCP,Rondo,Lance,Beasley cant be traded till later in the season. Only cheap star around $12M is Kemba. Ball and Ingram fits that price if they would do it. I doubt Hornets would. I think Kemba gets a Wall,CP3 payday.

buckalis
11-03-2018, 01:35 PM
Tell that to the Laker fans that trolled me when I said it early this summer. I would of used Deng as the main salary filler now with some of the youth. Cause Lakers cant trade for any star players making a ton of money. Cause the newly signed KCP,Rondo,Lance,Beasley cant be traded till later in the season. Only cheap star around $12M is Kemba. Ball and Ingram fits that price if they would do it. I doubt Hornets would. I think Kemba gets a Wall,CP3 payday.
Yeah, but the Horntets won't trade Kemba... They would if they wouldn't have a playoff run, but now they are on one, they won't... It's also possible that Kemba will sign an extension with the Bees, but even if he goes next summer, some 20 teams will be all over him, with the shortage there is in top quality PGs...