PDA

View Full Version : Who are your early nominees for MIP?

Jamiecballer
11-01-2018, 09:12 PM
Here is mine

Pascal Siakam is averaging 15.1 points, 9.7 rebounds, 3.1 assists and 1.7 steals on 62.4 percent true shooting per 36 minutes this year.

The Raptors are 18.9 points better per 100 possessions with him on the court.

Also my pick for 6th man as long as he doesn't log too many starts

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

IndyRealist
11-01-2018, 09:30 PM
Here is mine

Pascal Siakam is averaging 15.1 points, 9.7 rebounds, 3.1 assists and 1.7 steals on 62.4 percent true shooting per 36 minutes this year.

The Raptors are 18.9 points better per 100 possessions with him on the court.

Also my pick for 6th man as long as he doesn't log too many starts

Pretty sure Domantas Sabonis beats Siakam in every statistical category except turnovers. He was 30/9 on 12/12 shooting last night. And barring injury he shouldn't get a single start this year.

More-Than-Most
11-01-2018, 09:39 PM
Fultz /thread : )

FlashBolt
11-01-2018, 09:59 PM
Probably Zach Lavine for me. Looks way better at finding his shots and not just bricking them.

jaydubb
11-01-2018, 11:15 PM
Zach lavine, Nikola mirotic, javale mcgee

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

WaDe03
11-01-2018, 11:26 PM
Rodney Mcgruder. Possibly Wade now that heís the best defender in the league and an elite 3 point shooter

ewing
11-02-2018, 04:12 AM
Fultz /thread : )

He went from hiding to sucking
so far. I guess thatís an improvement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
11-02-2018, 04:39 AM
He went from hiding to sucking
so far. I guess thatís an improvement

better shooter than tatum so far this season : )

ewing
11-02-2018, 05:12 AM
better shooter than tatum so far this season : )

No one guards him. He hurts your team. On top of it he takes the ball away from better play makers. You saw what happened when the Sixers surrounded Ben with shooters and pushed the ball last year. It bad enough his guy wasnít man enough to suit up and face the twitter trolls last year bc he had the yips. This year he gets gifted a starting job even though he is clearly hurting the team and playing in front of better players. What a joke of a city and a franchise.

More-Than-Most
11-02-2018, 05:19 AM
No one guards him. He hurts your team. On top of it he takes the ball away from better play makers. You saw what happened when the Sixers surrounded Ben with shooters and pushed the ball last year. It bad enough his guy wasnít man enough to suit up and face the twitter trolls last year bc he had the yips. This year he gets gifted a starting job even though he is clearly hurting the team and playing in front of better players. What a joke of a city and a franchise.

he has been a fantastic playmaker over the last like 5 games... in all actuality his play making has been brilliant... when did we become the knicks????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KCS5TMFLyI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5pZYUEwrNo

must suck not having a clue huh? I mean he was horrid tonight..12/5/9 and kept simmons on the bench and brought us back after we blew the lead. The reason we came back and won tonight was literally because of his 3rd quarter play late.

ewing
11-02-2018, 05:42 AM
he has been a fantastic playmaker over the last like 5 games... in all actuality his play making has been brilliant... when did we become the knicks????

must suck not having a clue huh? I mean he was horrid tonight..12/5/9 and kept simmons on the bench and brought us back after we blew the lead. The reason we came back and won tonight was literally because of his 3rd quarter play late.

Get gifts for not showing up- he should be the face of the franchise. Itís what they are all about. Good luck in the playoffs with 2 guards that canít shoot.

More-Than-Most
11-02-2018, 05:44 AM
Get gifts for not showing up- he should be the face of the franchise. Itís what they are all about. Good luck in the playoffs with 2 guards that canít shoot.

:laugh:

the anger... embiid is the face of the franchise unless we trade him for 2 2nd round picks right? But yea we will have fun in the playoffs while continuing our progression which fultz is making... covington has made... and clearly embiid has become a top 5 player in basketball at this point.

ewing
11-02-2018, 05:55 AM
:laugh:

the anger... embiid is the face of the franchise unless we trade him for 2 2nd round picks right? But yea we will have fun in the playoffs while continuing our progression which fultz is making... covington has made... and clearly embiid has become a top 5 player in basketball at this point.

I guess this season yet another step backward to go forward? let all your shooting walk, bench JJ for a project.... keep posting those Hawks highlights and blame Brett Brown

warfelg
11-02-2018, 08:44 AM
I guess this season yet another step backward to go forward? let all your shooting walk, bench JJ for a project.... keep posting those Hawks highlights and blame Brett Brown

Muscala and Shamet are shooting as well as Ilyasova and Belinelli ;)

Jamiecballer
11-02-2018, 08:49 AM
Fultz /thread : )So you think he has a chance simply because he is on the court this year? Or sarcasm?

ewing
11-02-2018, 08:58 AM
Muscala and Shamet are shooting as well as Ilyasova and Belinelli ;)

Muscala was a good pick up can't comment on the other yet. I always liked Mus in Atlanta. I like Elly more as a player and I doubt either are close to the shooter Belli is but not only did you lose those guys you added another non shooting guard as a key rotation player with Fultz.

blams
11-02-2018, 09:02 AM
It has to be Lavine so far

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tg11
11-02-2018, 09:37 AM
For me has to be Zach LaVine of the Chicago Bulls...almost like LaVine is their #1 option now

TheDish87
11-02-2018, 01:32 PM

he definitely doesnt hurt the team, come on, hes playing well in most areas of the game. hes surely not on track for MIP in comparison to others mentioned in here though. the rest is just unnecessary baiting, you havent been trolling for a while so this is a surprise. You also know how the convo is gonna go with MTM so why bother?

Jamiecballer
11-02-2018, 03:02 PM
he definitely doesnt hurt the team, come on, hes playing well in most areas of the game. hes surely not on track for MIP in comparison to others mentioned in here though. the rest is just unnecessary baiting, you havent been trolling for a while so this is a surprise. You also know how the convo is gonna go with MTM so why bother?He's been really bad. There isn't much argument otherwise is there?

JAZZNC
11-02-2018, 03:20 PM
He's been really bad. There isn't much argument otherwise is there?

But MTM would still rather have Fultz over Tatum, Jesus Christ....as somebody said before he is PSD's Skip Bayless....just says outlandish **** to get a reaction at times. I honestly feel like he can't possibly believe the crap that he types sometimes.

ewing
11-02-2018, 03:23 PM
he definitely doesnt hurt the team, come on, hes playing well in most areas of the game. hes surely not on track for MIP in comparison to others mentioned in here though. the rest is just unnecessary baiting, you havent been trolling for a while so this is a surprise. You also know how the convo is gonna go with MTM so why bother?

Sure he does. Being guarded outside the paint is a requisite for NBA guards unless you are insanely special elsewhere. I feel you guys are treating Fultz like he's special Olympian instead of an NBA starter. The Sixers already have an elite play making guard with no jumps shot. They would probably be better off with the rookie standing still outside the 3 point line. Split his mins b/t the rook and TJ you are better. I'm not saying he is a bust. He was taken number #1 overall for a reason. He could turn into a player but right now he's a net negative not someone that should considered for an award. Plus sometimes you have rattle more then most's chain

TheDish87
11-02-2018, 04:35 PM
He's been really bad. There isn't much argument otherwise is there?

Fultz? he hasnt been really bad, not even close. He plays solid defense, has a strong handle, and gets to the rim with ease most of the time. His FT form continues to look better by the game too. He just hasn't gotten comfortable enough with the long ball yet but the problem is thats the most important things the team needs out of him.

TheDish87
11-02-2018, 04:38 PM
But MTM would still rather have Fultz over Tatum, Jesus Christ....as somebody said before he is PSD's Skip Bayless....just says outlandish **** to get a reaction at times. I honestly feel like he can't possibly believe the crap that he types sometimes.

hah that was me and i have a hard time backing him up, he goes way too overboard. I actually took heat for saying Tatum and Jackson were in the same tier as Fultz leading up to the draft and was fully on board with any of the 3. now, Fultz was my preference, in hindsight though and at the moment of course Tatum adds more, no denying it. Fultz keeps progressing though and by the 2nd half i think we will have a good idea of if hes gonna get closer to his ceiling.

TheDish87
11-02-2018, 04:39 PM
Sure he does. Being guarded outside the paint is a requisite for NBA guards unless you are insanely special elsewhere. I feel you guys are treating Fultz like he's special Olympian instead of an NBA starter. The Sixers already have an elite play making guard with no jumps shot. They would probably be better off with the rookie standing still outside the 3 point line. Split his mins b/t the rook and TJ you are better. I'm not saying he is a bust. He was taken number #1 overall for a reason. He could turn into a player but right now he's a net negative not someone that should considered for an award. Plus sometimes you have rattle more then most's chain

so you are really just calling him a negative bcuz hes not hitting 3s?

youll get to see him plenty this year between national games and vs the Knicks. i can assure you he hasnt been a negative. obviously plenty of room for improvement and hes way behind the curve for a top pick.

Rivera
11-02-2018, 04:43 PM
De'aaron Fox for me so far

ewing
11-02-2018, 04:47 PM
so you are really just calling him a negative bcuz hes not hitting 3s?

youll get to see him plenty this year between national games and vs the Knicks. i can assure you he hasnt been a negative. obviously plenty of room for improvement and hes way behind the curve for a top pick.

b/c no one guards him outside the paint. it would be a handicap if Simmons wasn't a brick layer too but with both opposing teams have much shorter rotations and a much easier time giving help. Good teams will force them into bad shots (sometimes bad teams too)

More-Than-Most
11-02-2018, 04:48 PM
So you think he has a chance simply because he is on the court this year? Or sarcasm?

He wont be productive as a few guys ahead of him so na he wont win and shouldnt be he will be top 5... So yea some sarcasm. He is legit balling the last 5 games or so though.

More-Than-Most
11-02-2018, 04:53 PM

Lets not get it confused Tatum is going to be amazing and has 0 bust potential...I wont turn this into a tatum vs fultz thread but you know my stand point. I was also the guy laughing at people who called embiid a bust and stated he would be the best player from that draft and the best player since lebron if he remains healthy which again I got laughed at... At one point the majority on here said we should trade him for 2 2nds and move on with okafor who could put up 20/10 out of bed whom i said was ****ing garbage... Remember when I told people to give Embiid time to learn the sport and get healthy???? I also got called skip then as well... I dont just look at where 2 20 year olds are currently because that is ********... I am looking at the potential of fultz and tatum and understand that tatum came in NBA ready and fultz messed with his shot and set him back while not being as NBA ready... So yes when I look at the skill sets Id rather have the upside of fultz. Now the pick does hurt but if it was player vs player i wouldnt trade... I like who we got.

More-Than-Most
11-02-2018, 04:55 PM
De'aaron Fox for me so far

this as well... levine should be the favorite but my god fox looks good.

aman_13
11-02-2018, 07:48 PM
Zach LaVine is a good pick.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Jamiecballer
11-02-2018, 10:12 PM
Fultz? he hasnt been really bad, not even close. He plays solid defense, has a strong handle, and gets to the rim with ease most of the time. His FT form continues to look better by the game too. He just hasn't gotten comfortable enough with the long ball yet but the problem is thats the most important things the team needs out of him.I meant it wasnt debatable if you weren't being a blind homer. He has been awful. You might be optimistic because you are seeing things here and there. But his performance is well below average for a starter on a team with aspirations

JAZZNC
11-02-2018, 10:20 PM
So yes when I look at the skill sets Id rather have the upside of fultz. Now the pick does hurt but if it was player vs player i wouldnt trade... I like who we got.

Who's your weed man? I need some of what you're smoking Skip!

ewing
11-02-2018, 10:49 PM
I meant it wasnt debatable if you weren't being a blind homer. He has been awful. You might be optimistic because you are seeing things here and there. But his performance is well below average for a starter on a team with aspirations

exactly. he has shown some flashes but he is scoring 9 points a game 40% from the floor, 30% from 3, and 60% from the line all while the defense gives him a 10 foot cushion. he's on the floor right now b/c some guys with big jobs want to justify a bad trade and pick. Heís been bad

Tg11
11-03-2018, 10:35 AM
De Aaron Fox is also a good option

IndyRealist
11-03-2018, 11:02 AM
If anyone told me at the beginning of the season that the Kings would be 6-3 I would have laughed. De'Aaron Fox deserves a lot of credit.

FlashBolt
11-04-2018, 02:52 AM
I don't see Kings sustaining that level of shooting by Hield and Bjelica. Also, they've had a relatively easy schedule so I wouldn't say they're surprising. Maybe it isn't a fluke but bad teams will be exposed eventually.

IndyRealist
11-04-2018, 07:08 AM
I don't see Kings sustaining that level of shooting by Hield and Bjelica. Also, they've had a relatively easy schedule so I wouldn't say they're surprising. Maybe it isn't a fluke but bad teams will be exposed eventually.

According to a certain poster here, Blake Griffin could sustain 67% 3pt shooting all year just because Detroit changed coaches. So OBVIOUSLY the Kings are on pace to be contenders. /sarcasm

Tg11
11-04-2018, 01:05 PM
De Aaron Fox if he keeps this up he has to be the favorite or if not him if LaVine keeps putting up All Star numbers he can be an All Star for the Bulls this season

Raps08-09 Champ
11-04-2018, 01:41 PM
This is easily Josh Richardson or or LaVine so far.

Tg11
11-04-2018, 02:18 PM
LaVine is quickly becoming their #1 option

Jamiecballer
11-04-2018, 06:47 PM
I cant see Lavine winning it. Its smoke and mirrors, he was a similar player 2 seasons ago. He is literally just filling a void on an exceptionally crappy team.

IndyRealist
11-04-2018, 07:33 PM
I cant see Lavine winning it. Its smoke and mirrors, he was a similar player 2 seasons ago. He is literally just filling a void on an exceptionally crappy team.

Unfortunately, voters are stupid. The #1 indicator of MIP is increase in PPG.

Tg11
11-04-2018, 07:36 PM
How about Buddy Hield on the Kings

FlashBolt
11-04-2018, 07:38 PM

And he's doing so very well. Not many players can do that coming off a serious injury. Give the guy some props.

Jamiecballer
11-04-2018, 07:40 PM
Unfortunately, voters are stupid. The #1 indicator of MIP is increase in PPG.Damn, really? You know what, I forgot this is a writers award isnt it

Silent
11-04-2018, 08:14 PM

if he could shoot he be deadly that form is still ugly lol

Tg11
11-04-2018, 08:16 PM
Caris LeVert of Brooklyn is another guy for Most Improved Player

Silent
11-04-2018, 08:20 PM

:clap:

ewing
11-04-2018, 08:55 PM

I think the Nets should win some games this year. Theyíre not good but I think they are better then people give them credit for

TheDish87
11-05-2018, 09:56 AM
I meant it wasnt debatable if you weren't being a blind homer. He has been awful. You might be optimistic because you are seeing things here and there. But his performance is well below average for a starter on a team with aspirations

no man hes hasnt been awful. he has been ok as a whole, surely not awful or hurting the team. you make it sound like hes the reason we lose games.

ewing
11-05-2018, 10:02 AM
no man hes hasnt been awful. he has been ok as a whole, surely not awful or hurting the team. you make it sound like hes the reason we lose games.

The Sixers are the 25 rated offensive right now. Maybe he is

TheDish87
11-05-2018, 10:33 AM
and thats all on Fultz? get real man. Saric has been brutal so far and easily the worst player, Cov is wildly inconsistent to the levels of pretty good game to how the **** are you on the floor? We also rank 27th in the league in turnovers with over 16 a night where Fultz is under 1.5 a game. Hes surely not playing up to expectations at all but hes not to blame here, shooting has been his only real issue and we all knew hes gonna need the first half of the season to get truly comfortable with the new form. If he doesnt, its worth revisiting.

WaDe03
11-05-2018, 10:36 AM
and thats all on Fultz? get real man. Saric has been brutal so far and easily the worst player, Cov is wildly inconsistent to the levels of pretty good game to how the **** are you on the floor? We also rank 27th in the league in turnovers with over 16 a night where Fultz is under 1.5 a game. Hes surely not playing up to expectations at all but hes not to blame here, shooting has been his only real issue and we all knew hes gonna need the first half of the season to get truly comfortable with the new form. If he doesnt, its worth revisiting.

Is Covington a top 25 player and currently having a top 30 season? Just wanted the opinion of a different Sixers fan.

Jamiecballer
11-05-2018, 11:38 AM
no man hes hasnt been awful. he has been ok as a whole, surely not awful or hurting the team. you make it sound like hes the reason we lose games.No, I said hes been well below average for a starter. If you are losing games, the poor performance of one of your starters obviously is detrimental.

ewing
11-05-2018, 11:57 AM

Not all but he hurts and I think he hurts even more then his #s show b/c people don't respect him and it kills your spacing. Your other guys who are struggling are dependent on getting shots off ball movement and its a lot harder when you have no spacing. If it worth visiting after the all star break its worth visiting now. If you are OK sacrificing b/c you think it will pay off long term fine but call it what it is. Right now he is hurting your team.

TheDish87
11-05-2018, 12:05 PM
Is Covington a top 25 player and currently having a top 30 season? Just wanted the opinion of a different Sixers fan.

theres only 1 sixer fan who thinks that. Cov is a borderline starting caliber player at the 3.

Jamiecballer
11-06-2018, 08:12 AM
Siakam.

Forget MIP the guy might end up in the all-star game.

Jamiecballer
11-06-2018, 11:01 AM
Lavine may very well win, but that is because the people who vote for the award are not paid to follow the entire league and so they get extremely lazy and check basketball reference and see who has had the biggest jump in PPG or follow whatever narrative is going around (also known as the Westbrook MVP).

Because if they took the time to really consider which players have truly expanded their games the most and back it up with a deep dive in the statistics. If they did, they would see that Lavine's per 36 min numbers are right in line with his entire career with the exception of his shooting.

Over .600 TS is unlikely to be sustainable for a volume shooter since hes always been high volume medium efficiency.

Lavine so far fits the profile of a scorer on a expansion type roster shooting more, playing the most mins in the league, and shooting really well right now. When his TS returns to more sustainable levels his per 36 numbers will look identical to his career norms.

IF he continues to shoot like this he will have a legit reason for being in the conversation but not win.

The crap about the injury has no relevance in an award that is supposed to be about player improvement.

Scoots
11-06-2018, 03:15 PM
Lavine may very well win, but that is because the people who vote for the award are not paid to follow the entire league and so they get extremely lazy and check basketball reference and see who has had the biggest jump in PPG or follow whatever narrative is going around (also known as the Westbrook MVP).

Because if they took the time to really consider which players have truly expanded their games the most and back it up with a deep dive in the statistics. If they did, they would see that Lavine's per 36 min numbers are right in line with his entire career with the exception of his shooting.

Over .600 TS is unlikely to be sustainable for a volume shooter since hes always been high volume medium efficiency.

Lavine so far fits the profile of a scorer on a expansion type roster shooting more, playing the most mins in the league, and shooting really well right now. When his TS returns to more sustainable levels his per 36 numbers will look identical to his career norms.

IF he continues to shoot like this he will have a legit reason for being in the conversation but not win.

The crap about the injury has no relevance in an award that is supposed to be about player improvement.

Yep

TheDish87
11-06-2018, 04:15 PM
so what youre saying is at the moment Lavine is worthy and if his play falls off he wont be? i think we all know this.

aman_13
11-06-2018, 05:03 PM
Siakam is definitely a worthy candidate.

WaDe03
11-06-2018, 05:43 PM
JRich.

aman_13
11-06-2018, 05:45 PM
JRich.Yeah another good candidate. He's very underrated.

Jamiecballer
11-06-2018, 05:56 PM
so what youre saying is at the moment Lavine is worthy and if his play falls off he wont be? i think we all know this.Worthy of being talked about, not winning or even serious consideration.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-06-2018, 10:34 PM
Worthy of being talked about, not winning or even serious consideration.

These awards are voted by writers so LaVine has the story behind him, whether he deserves it or not.

Jamiecballer
11-07-2018, 07:45 AM
These awards are voted by writers so LaVine has the story behind him, whether he deserves it or not.I know, but it's no guarantee because the other side has time to be heard so well. Writers are lazy.

buckalis
11-07-2018, 05:25 PM
Lavine, Siakam, T.J. Warren, Henson.

TheMightyHumph
11-07-2018, 11:50 PM
Caris LeVert

cmellofan15
11-08-2018, 12:12 AM
Caris LeVert

Yes this.

ewing
11-08-2018, 01:21 AM
Derrick Rose

R. Johnson#3
11-11-2018, 03:12 PM
I'd say right now it's Siakam and LaVert leading the way. I think Siakam is the favourite though now that he's getting his minutes and looks under Nurse. JRich is up there too but he needs to get some consistency going. He's either over 50% or under 40% from the field. Those would be my top 3 picks at the moment.

Wrigheyes4MVP
11-12-2018, 03:34 PM
I haven't watched enough of Siakim. His efficiency has been insane this year.

Wrigheyes4MVP
11-12-2018, 03:39 PM
The thing that Fox, Levert, and Lavine have going for them, is that they are all the catalysts for their teams right now.

R. Johnson#3
11-12-2018, 06:10 PM
The thing that Fox, Levert, and Lavine have going for them, is that they are all the catalysts for their teams right now.

I honestly didn't even check on Lavine until now. I'm putting him at the top of the list.

Siakam has been incredibly efficient this year. He's a freak of nature athlete who's just been putting his game together over the last couple seasons. He's the fastest guy on the floor in most games and just never seems to get tired. He's already polished defensively, it was his offensive game that needed work and he's improved drastically in just about every area of his offensive game. In my books he's overtaken OG as our young player with the highest ceiling.

kobebabe
11-13-2018, 12:36 AM
Man I hate it for LeVert with that gruesome injury. He was one of my top candidates. I also have Fox, siakam and LaVine.

FlashBolt
11-13-2018, 12:40 AM
I may have to lean with Fox. He's helping his team win and stay competitive. Lavine was my first choice but he's taking way too many shots that I don't think would work on a team that is good. He's a very good player but has more opportunities to inflate his stats than a guy like Fox.

kobe4thewinbang
11-14-2018, 12:48 AM
De'Aaron Fox... :clap:

kobe4thewinbang
11-14-2018, 12:53 AM
I disagree about LaVine...dude had flashes of this in Minnesota. Ain't like he never had strong scoring performances before. He's playing better certainly, but I see more of an improvement in Fox.

Tg11
11-14-2018, 12:29 PM
If Fox can help Sacramento get back to the playoffs and become a playoff team then he would be my pick for MIP

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-15-2018, 01:13 AM
McGee
Lavine

Compared to previous year, these 2 have had the most significant jump. Hence, IMO, favs so far for MIP

Tg11
11-15-2018, 06:30 AM
If Lavine can keep this up then he's the runaway favorite but only if he can keep it up

Wrigheyes4MVP
11-15-2018, 03:51 PM
If Fox keeps up this crazy shooting efficiency, then Fox > Lavine. My issue with giving Lavine this award is that outside of his increased volume, there hasn't been much improvement in his game. So, has he improved or is he just taking more shots?

BTW, another King worth mentioning for this is Nemanja Bjelica. He has significantly improved by nearly every metric, even on a per minute basis. He's even playing good defensively. Him and Fox are the two biggest reasons for their early season success and if they can keep this up, they will be competing for a playoff spot all season IMO.

Jamiecballer
11-15-2018, 04:23 PM
It looks like a 2 man race between Fox and Siakam to me

Tg11
11-15-2018, 05:11 PM
Siakam is at least consistent I will give him that

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-19-2018, 01:33 PM
I donít understand the siakam love?

McGee probably has the biggest jump on BOTH ends of the court, which is why I think he should get it.

Followed by lavine/siakam.

FlashBolt
11-19-2018, 01:59 PM
the Javale McGee improved production can be defined via more minutes. Javale is simply getting more minutes on a team that is lacking in centers or rim protection. he's a perfect fit who likely puts the same amount of numbers had Warriors needed him to do so in that type of role. I see improvement in what he's doing but it's moreso correlated with more minutes rather than being a better player. Guys like Fox are actually improving.

aman_13
11-19-2018, 02:13 PM
Isn't Fox improving based on projection? He was highly touted in the draft.

I guess this is a very subjective award.

Tg11
11-19-2018, 02:25 PM
De Aaron Fox if he keeps putting up numbers he can actually be an All Star this season

IndyRealist
11-19-2018, 02:36 PM
McGee is doing -about- the same as last year per minute, or slightly better. GS just didn't need him. Plenty of other players improved by a wider margin.

Chronz
11-19-2018, 03:22 PM
I disagree about LaVine...dude had flashes of this in Minnesota. Ain't like he never had strong scoring performances before. He's playing better certainly, but I see more of an improvement in Fox.

2nd year players never win it because they're expected to improve, statistically, you would be correct tho

Chronz
11-19-2018, 03:24 PM
If Fox can help Sacramento get back to the playoffs and become a playoff team then he would be my pick for MIP

If he does that, I'd give it to a 2nd year guy

ewing
11-29-2018, 01:16 PM
Derrick Rose is currently shooting 48% from 3 on 4 attempts a game. If he keeps that up I think you have to give him his award

R. Johnson#3
11-29-2018, 03:58 PM
I donít understand the siakam love?

McGee probably has the biggest jump on BOTH ends of the court, which is why I think he should get it.

Followed by lavine/siakam.

His offensive game has just taken off this year. He came into the league incredibly raw offensively and now has dribble moves, playmaking ability, the ability to push the ball up the floor himself and a spin move that pretty much goes in every time. On top of that, now that he's a starter who gets starter minutes he's the best defender on the Raptors. Better than Kawhi, Green, Lowry or Ibaka. Dude can literally switch off on anyone. He's a consistent 3pt shot away from being an all star.

Chronz
11-29-2018, 04:10 PM
Derrick Rose is currently shooting 48% from 3 on 4 attempts a game. If he keeps that up I think you have to give him his award
When it calls for it, the mip should revert to come back player of the year

ewing
11-29-2018, 04:13 PM
When it calls for it, the mip should revert to come back player of the year

He can be both b/c he never did this. He never did anything close to this. He learned to ****ing shoot.

Chronz
11-29-2018, 04:20 PM
He can be both b/c he never did this. He never did anything close to this. He learned to ****ing shoot.

Yeah but he sorta lost alil something outside his one two

goingfor28
11-30-2018, 01:57 AM
Montrezl Harrell

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

IndyRealist
11-30-2018, 10:35 AM
Montrezl Harrell

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yeah he's not getting nearly enough credit.

Jamiecballer
11-30-2018, 10:16 PM
When it calls for it, the mip should revert to come back player of the yearMan I so could not disagree more. Why shaft a young player out of something they've earned because a bazillionaire had a comeback and it makes a neat story. Its not like the story wont be written about anyways.

ewing
11-30-2018, 10:49 PM
Man I so could not disagree more. Why shaft a young player out of something they've earned because a bazillionaire had a comeback and it makes a neat story. Its not like the story wont be written about anyways.

It should be who improved the most. If Rose keeps playing this well and shoots .48 from 3 he is the most improved player. Why give it to some young guy who #s went up mainly bc of getting more opportunities then someone who clearly added to and improved there skill set.

Jamiecballer
12-01-2018, 01:13 AM
It should be who improved the most. If Rose keeps playing this well and shoots .48 from 3 he is the most improved player. Why give it to some young guy who #s went up mainly bc of getting more opportunities then someone who clearly added to and improved there skill set.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkBecause he is still a shell of his old self.

ewing
12-01-2018, 01:21 AM
Because he is still a shell of his old self.

So?

Jamiecballer
12-01-2018, 01:31 AM
So?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI dont believe the most improved player award should go to a guy who used to be much better

ewing
12-01-2018, 02:04 AM
I dont believe the most improved player award should go to a guy who used to be much better

I also donít like Derrick Rose. Never did .Most overrated and undeserving MVP ever.

FlashBolt
12-01-2018, 04:58 AM
I dont believe the most improved player award should go to a guy who used to be much better

I agree as well but Rose is coming back from numerous injuries. This is quite impressive by him.

Jamiecballer
12-02-2018, 01:08 AM
^ Of course. Great comeback, the best of the year.