PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose drops 50!

aman_13
11-01-2018, 12:00 AM
This is a feel good story. Rose scores a career high 50 points and is in tears after the game.

https://youtu.be/KtOD04f7Rfs

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

aman_13
11-01-2018, 12:01 AM
With all the drama in Minny, they couldn't have asked for a better night for Rose to go back in time.

https://youtu.be/qV09ywqrSfY

mngopher35
11-01-2018, 12:05 AM
Ya it was awesome and clearly meant alot to him with his reaction after

Scoots
11-01-2018, 12:37 AM
I'm happy for him, but there is way too much offense and not enough D this year.

IKnowHoops
11-01-2018, 01:04 AM
I'm happy for him, but there is way too much offense and not enough D this year.

Did you say this when Klay or Steph dropped 50 in 3 quarters?

Oefarmy2005
11-01-2018, 01:23 AM
I'm sure he did. This game has become a 130-115 average 3pt shooting contest.

aman_13
11-01-2018, 01:33 AM
Ya I wouldn't even fixate on the 50 despite that being the title of the thread. The story to me was the way the team embraced him after the game and the tears that followed.

I'd say that was poetic and could bring that group together; with or without Butler.

IKnowHoops
11-01-2018, 02:29 AM
I'm sure he did. This game has become a 130-115 average 3pt shooting contest.

I checked, and no he didnít. Donít know where ur getting ďIím sure he didnítĒ but it sounds like it came out of your aó

IKnowHoops
11-01-2018, 02:31 AM
Ya I wouldn't even fixate on the 50 despite that being the title of the thread. The story to me was the way the team embraced him after the game and the tears that followed.

I'd say that was poetic and could bring that group together; with or without Butler.

Good to see that heart from the floor general. Something the Wolves havenít had since Terrell Brandon.

FlashBolt
11-01-2018, 02:32 AM
i remember when it was above average to score 100 points a game. Now you're a bad team offensively when you can't score 100. NBA DPOY is going to be a stupid award. all defensive teams = reputation based

Scoots
11-01-2018, 06:16 AM

Yes, but they are expected to have the occasional big scoring game so it's not nearly as surprising.

I hate the lack of defense so far this year and I've posted on that a number of times.

cmellofan15
11-01-2018, 07:18 AM
Lmao how fitting. A feel good story about a guy who's been thru an incredible amount of adversity and you guys want to whine about making the NBA great again.

Who knew D Rose dropping fifty would elicit this reaction from a bunch of shmucks.

IndyRealist
11-01-2018, 08:47 AM
i remember when it was above average to score 100 points a game. Now you're a bad team offensively when you can't score 100. NBA DPOY is going to be a stupid award. all defensive teams = reputation based

Eh, some players are still better defensively than others. The NBA just keeps changing the rules to make it easier for the offense. That doesn't have to do with the quality of the defenders

ewing
11-01-2018, 09:04 AM
I'm glad you guys have finally come around to the idea that rule changes matter a lot and scoring isn't just up b/c Daryl Morley taught those dumb jocks that 3 was worth more then 2

Hawkeye15
11-01-2018, 09:21 AM
Ok, 50 doesn't mean what it used to. But beyond that, it was really cool to see the old Rose back, who could get to the rim in a quick burst and finish, with live legs.

Watching him at the end of the game, I kinda felt like a kid again, in that it was really nice to see a guy who just did something that meant way more than money, or fame. You could tell he has been working really hard, and is just emotional about being able to come out and play the way he used to. I know he alluded to wanting to show his kids what hard work can do for you, and it was really cool to see that last night. I love seeing the sport matter at a fundamental level in such a business setting.

Also, Butler couldn't even be bothered to sit on the bench and cheer on, so when he was the first to greet Rose in the locker room, that just pissed me off.

Oefarmy2005
11-01-2018, 09:35 AM
I checked, and no he didnít. Donít know where ur getting ďIím sure he didnítĒ but it sounds like it came out of your aó

First, if you are going to quote somebody, get the quote right. Second, life was so much better, especially on the Wolves portion of the forum, before you came along. You acted like you were twelve in 2012(probably because you were) and you still act like a 12 year old. You absolutely know nothing about hoops, as has been pointed by a million posters in PSD over the years. You are a troll and a piss poor one at that.

WaDe03
11-01-2018, 10:08 AM
First, if you are going to quote somebody, get the quote right. Second, life was so much better, especially on the Wolves portion of the forum, before you came along. You acted like you were twelve in 2012(probably because you were) and you still act like a 12 year old. You absolutely know nothing about hoops, as has been pointed by a million posters in PSD over the years. You are a troll and a piss poor one at that.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

FlashBolt
11-01-2018, 10:20 AM
Eh, some players are still better defensively than others. The NBA just keeps changing the rules to make it easier for the offense. That doesn't have to do with the quality of the defenders

it's tough to tell more than ever. I haven't heard anything about defense all season so far. Just offense, offense, offense. draymond said it's making defense less important and that definitely lowers the value of guys who are strictly defenders such as draymond.

FlashBolt
11-01-2018, 10:21 AM

he was saying it in general. it's on the "is NBA more boring now" thread.

Wrigheyes4MVP
11-01-2018, 10:30 AM
it's tough to tell more than ever. I haven't heard anything about defense all season so far. Just offense, offense, offense. draymond said it's making defense less important and that definitely lowers the value of guys who are strictly defenders such as draymond.

I don't agree that good defenders are less important. We simply have to adjust our expectations for what good defense is.

Allowing 107 points should now be considered a good defensive game for example because on most nights, teams are allowing far more than that.

The other night, the Kings won 107-99... that's a fantastic defensive performance for the Kings in today's NBA and some of their players really stepped up defensively to make that happen. The name of the game is scoring more than your opponent. The scores might be higher with all the increased offense, but that doesn't mean defense isn't valuable. We just need to adjust our expectations for what good defense is.

FlashBolt
11-01-2018, 10:42 AM
I don't agree that good defenders are less important. We simply have to adjust our expectations for what good defense is.

Allowing 107 points should now be considered a good defensive game for example because on most nights, teams are allowing far more than that.

The other night, the Kings won 107-99... that's a fantastic defensive performance for the Kings in today's NBA and some of their players really stepped up defensively to make that happen. The name of the game is scoring more than your opponent. The scores might be higher with all the increased offense, but that doesn't mean defense isn't valuable. We just need to adjust our expectations for what good defense is.

Draymond's own words, man. he would know - he's basically known for his defense and he's seeing how it's becoming more difficult to play effectively.

Jamiecballer
11-01-2018, 10:42 AM
I'm happy for him, but there is way too much offense and not enough D this year.I'm with you. It's nice and all but the number 50 right now feels like RW's triple doubles. Impressed but less than I'd like to be.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

ewing
11-01-2018, 10:44 AM

Sure they are. Remember when Chris Dudley was a valuable NBA player

Hawkeye15
11-01-2018, 10:44 AM

yeah cause he was money at the line

IndyRealist
11-01-2018, 10:49 AM

Rudy Gobert is still a monster and anchors a top 10 defense. That didn't change between last year and this year, it's just that ALL defense is worse because they made offense easier. Travelling rules and freedom of movement gives ballhandlers all the advantage.

FlashBolt
11-01-2018, 11:05 AM
Rudy Gobert is still a monster and anchors a top 10 defense. That didn't change between last year and this year, it's just that ALL defense is worse because they made offense easier. Travelling rules and freedom of movement gives ballhandlers all the advantage.

what does that have to do with anything im saying? The quality of defenders will always be there but you're only as good as the game dictates.

AllBall
11-01-2018, 11:06 AM

Yes, but they are expected to have the occasional big scoring game so it's not nearly as surprising.

I hate the lack of defense so far this year and I've posted on that a number of times.

Oh, so now because you feel some type of way? So, only the Warriors players are somehow the only ones that have been given permission to have such a game? lol, the hypocrisy!

Mad props to D. Rose. I'm not his biggest fan, but that must have been great for him to get that feeling of vindication last night! Keep it up!

IndyRealist
11-01-2018, 11:30 AM
what does that have to do with anything im saying? The quality of defenders will always be there but you're only as good as the game dictates.

"NBA DPOY is going to be a stupid award. all defensive teams = reputation based"

Vinylman
11-01-2018, 11:32 AM
DRose crying because he sees the end...

blown out knee in the next 10 games... book it

Wrigheyes4MVP
11-01-2018, 11:43 AM

I don't remember that

Wrigheyes4MVP
11-01-2018, 11:51 AM
Draymond's own words, man. he would know - he's basically known for his defense and he's seeing how it's becoming more difficult to play effectively.

Sometimes the players don't understand true value. This is why they often times make for poor coaches, GM's, or even analysts.

Everything is relative to the mean.

Good defense still has value. If teams are averaging 150 ppg, then the team allowing 140 ppg is strong defensively and that will help them win more games as a result. The game is just far more uptempo. If a guy like Green can help lower the efficiency of the offensive player he is guarding, then his value is still in tact.

The rules and uptempo style effects every team and every defensive player. That doesn't mean Kawhi's defensive value is meaningless compared to someone like Carmelo just because of the rule changes and uptempo style. Kawhi will still force a far less efficient offense compared to a crap defender. Carmelo still has to play defense in this more offensive league and he will be even less effective than ever before on the defensive end.

We just have to adjust our expectations because it's all relative to the mean. This happens in literally every sport. In baseball, if the average ERA rises from 3.50 to 4.50, then the pitcher who has a 3.50 ERA is no longer just average. It's all relative to the mean.

Wrigheyes4MVP
11-01-2018, 11:59 AM

Yeah but the point is that Gobert's defensive value is still in tact. Utah is still a top 10 defense and they are still winning games as a result. That's the point... that his defense is still valuable. He might not be able to dominate as much as he would in the past, but compared to the average mean around the league, Utah still sports a good defensive team relative to the rest of the league. That's what matters most here.

Utah is allowing 109 PPG. That might seem like a lot, but relatively speaking it's pretty good. Meanwhile a struggling defensive team like Washington is allowing 122 PPG. That's what poor defense looks like. And Washington is struggling as a result.

Adjust expectations instead of devaluing defensive value.

LeonFSU
11-01-2018, 12:15 PM

Thatís probably the reason. And nice prediction. Iím sure you wish you could bet the house on it.

IKnowHoops
11-01-2018, 12:18 PM
Lmao how fitting. A feel good story about a guy who's been thru an incredible amount of adversity and you guys want to whine about making the NBA great again.

Who knew D Rose dropping fifty would elicit this reaction from a bunch of shmucks.

Exactly

YAALREADYKNO
11-01-2018, 12:18 PM
Glad to see DRose ball out like that

IndyRealist
11-01-2018, 12:24 PM
The game is also faster. This year the median pace is 103.1 possessions, for the 15th team. This time last year that would have been 10th. More possessions = more scoring.

ewing
11-01-2018, 12:30 PM
Yeah but the point is that Gobert's defensive value is still in tact. Utah is still a top 10 defense and they are still winning games as a result. That's the point... that his defense is still valuable. He might not be able to dominate as much as he would in the past, but compared to the average mean around the league, Utah still sports a good defensive team relative to the rest of the league. That's what matters most here.

Utah is allowing 109 PPG. That might seem like a lot, but relatively speaking it's pretty good. Meanwhile a struggling defensive team like Washington is allowing 122 PPG. That's what poor defense looks like. And Washington is struggling as a result.

Adjust expectations instead of devaluing defensive value.

You are using the the biggest exception to the rule in the game as an example. Rudy is by far the most impactful single defensive player in the league. He is the one guy that owns the paint. Most big men centers that are capable of that get run off the floor now b/c they get defend screen roll or rotate fast enough. In a small ball switching league the value of individual defenders has declined. Of course getting stops is still important but you can't run Bruce Bowen out there and say go get Kobe and few big men have the needed versatility to cover the perimeter and defend the paint.

R. Johnson#3
11-01-2018, 12:31 PM

Didnít think of it like that but you may be right.

ewing
11-01-2018, 12:32 PM

as bad as you get get offensively and still valuable. Dude protected the rim and rebounded like a savage.

AllBall
11-01-2018, 12:32 PM
😳😳😳

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI

ewing
11-01-2018, 12:36 PM
I'm with you. It's nice and all but the number 50 right now feels like RW's triple doubles. Impressed but less than I'd like to be.

I was listening to the Nets radio broadcast in the car the other day and the announcer (sorry I don't know who does Nets radio) credited Jason Collins with a lot of J Kidd triple doubles b/c Collins would clear space and then let Kidd get the rebound. Collins was useless with a basketball and J Kidd inginted a fast break better then anyone. Should we stop counting J Kidd's triple doubles b/c of this?

WaDe03
11-01-2018, 12:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Jamiecballer
11-01-2018, 01:44 PM
I was listening to the Nets radio broadcast in the car the other day and the announcer (sorry I don't know who does Nets radio) credited Jason Collins with a lot of J Kidd triple doubles b/c Collins would clear space and then let Kidd get the rebound. Collins was useless with a basketball and J Kidd inginted a fast break better then anyone. Should we stop counting J Kidd's triple doubles b/c of this?

that's anecdotal and extremely far removed from the present day. you would need to provide far more evidence to even consider whether it is a valid point. but that's missing the point entirely anyways. the narrative is what drove the MVP. i'm not, and have never advocated for changing the historical record.

ewing
11-01-2018, 01:49 PM
that's anecdotal and extremely far removed from the present day. you would need to provide far more evidence to even consider whether it is a valid point. but that's missing the point entirely anyways. the narrative is what drove the MVP. i'm not, and have never advocated for changing the historical record.

Individual rebounds is a stupid stat often misleading in general these days. If you wanted to minimize the importance of triple doubles in general Iíd be with ya but you only care bc you donít like Russell Westbrook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkeye15
11-01-2018, 01:51 PM
Individual rebounds is a stupid stat often misleading in general these days. If you wanted to minimize the importance of triple doubles in general Iíd be with ya but you only care bc you donít like Russell Westbrook

I think most statistical accomplishments are trivial to be honest. They should really only be measured against other players in their same time periods, etc.

Hawkeye15
11-01-2018, 01:52 PM
as bad as you get get offensively and still valuable. Dude protected the rim and rebounded like a savage.

absolutely man.

ewing
11-01-2018, 02:03 PM
I think most statistical accomplishments are trivial to be honest. They should really only be measured against other players in their same time periods, etc.

The thing with rebounds today is no one sends anyone to the offensive glass. Most rebounds are uncontested. Also space eaters do make you a better rebounding team and always have. A team with Marc Gasol on the floor will often be a better rebounding team then the same team if you replaced Gasol with a string bean that gets a couple more rebounds then Gasol.

Hawkeye15
11-01-2018, 02:11 PM
The thing with rebounds today is no one sends anyone to the offensive glass. Most rebounds are uncontested. Also space eaters do make you a better rebounding team and always have. A team with Marc Gasol on the floor will often be a better rebounding team then the same team if you replaced Gasol with a string bean that gets a couple more rebounds then Gasol.

because offensive rebounds are longer due to more perimeter shots, bigs are usually not cast in the paint ready to box, and its been shown that getting back is far more important than the few opportunities you get with an offensive rebound. It's like as soon as analytics showed great teams don't chase offensive rebounds, every team had to fall in line. It's gross. It's why I complained about the modern NBA in the other thread. This isn't baseball. I want to see some variety so badly. Alas, every team (even my Wolves) just bunch up around the perimeter and play skippo till someone jacks a 3.

So again, we have to compare statistical achievements to their time periods, and not string them across eras, when the entire goal of various components of basketball were different.

Wilt's 50/20 season is an easy example. As are Westrbrook TD's.

COOLbeans
11-01-2018, 03:01 PM
because offensive rebounds are longer due to more perimeter shots, bigs are usually not cast in the paint ready to box, and its been shown that getting back is far more important than the few opportunities you get with an offensive rebound. It's like as soon as analytics showed great teams don't chase offensive rebounds, every team had to fall in line. It's gross. It's why I complained about the modern NBA in the other thread. This isn't baseball. I want to see some variety so badly. Alas, every team (even my Wolves) just bunch up around the perimeter and play skippo till someone jacks a 3.

So again, we have to compare statistical achievements to their time periods, and not string them across eras, when the entire goal of various components of basketball were different.

Wilt's 50/20 season is an easy example. As are Westrbrook TD's.

I agree with this. Sports use to be more like martial arts. Use variety and skill to get the job done. Different methods, techniques and strategy always make for more interesting viewing and competition.

Math is beginning to ruin basketball Iíve been saying this for years in Warrior forum.

IndyRealist
11-01-2018, 03:18 PM
I agree with this. Sports use to be more like martial arts. Use variety and skill to get the job done. Different methods, techniques and strategy always make for more interesting viewing and competition.

Math is beginning to ruin basketball Iíve been saying this for years in Warrior forum.

Martial arts are becoming hemogenized as well. With the advent of MMA people have figured out that there is simply an optimal set of skills. People who train in suboptimal arts are at a distinct disadvantage. Most PPVs I can't tell one half of the the card from the other because they all have the same skillset.

You may never see another Damien Maia or Chuck Liddell at the highest levels again.

Heediot
11-01-2018, 03:37 PM
Just finished the Fenerbache Bayern game. It's not ust math, rles matter a tonne. I think the Euro's are well aware that a 3 pointer is more valuable vs. a 2 pointer. Players earn their points more in europe, over here it'd be a surprise if anything wasn't chucked before you count to 10.

Heediot
11-01-2018, 03:46 PM
Bayern shoots 55 from the field, 50 from 3. Fenerbahce shoots 65 from the field and 47 from 3

Final score is 88-84, translated to an nba game = 106-101..

Pace and space was well known in Europe before it became big in the nba. Matchup exploitation is more varied right now as well. It is what it is though.

JAZZNC
11-01-2018, 03:58 PM

Ha!

Jamiecballer
11-01-2018, 04:48 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAnd if you had anything whatsoever to substantiate that statement you'd have something.

jaydubb
11-01-2018, 04:57 PM
Good for Drose. I love seeing comebacks like this. He's gone through a lot. I loved seeing the team rally around him immediately after the game and also in the locker room too. Good story :clap:

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

ewing
11-01-2018, 05:02 PM
And if you had anything whatsoever to substantiate that statement you'd have something.

Ok my turn: Sally sells seashells by the seashore.
She sells seashells on the seashell shore.
The seashells she sells are seashore shells

nastynice
11-01-2018, 07:17 PM
With all the drama in Minny, they couldn't have asked for a better night for Rose to go back in time.

https://youtu.be/qV09ywqrSfY

:clap:

Awesome to see him still working on and transforming his game. He looks nothing how he used to, young d rose was flat out elite, but he's starting to use his body well instead of just tryina get by people

Scoots
11-01-2018, 09:17 PM
Oh, so now because you feel some type of way? So, only the Warriors players are somehow the only ones that have been given permission to have such a game? lol, the hypocrisy!

Mad props to D. Rose. I'm not his biggest fan, but that must have been great for him to get that feeling of vindication last night! Keep it up!

I never said anything of the sort. I think the explosion in scoring and in players having high scoring games devalues ALL such games against such games of the past. 50 used to be very rare, now not so much. So like I said, happy for DRose, but.

Scoots
11-01-2018, 09:18 PM

Jesus man.

JordansBulls
11-01-2018, 10:23 PM
Lebron would definitely not want any part of this Derrick Rose.

FlashBolt
11-01-2018, 10:25 PM
Lebron would definitely not want any part of this Derrick Rose.

what does this have to do with LeBron? lmao, you really are that threatened by LeBron?

JordansBulls
11-01-2018, 10:37 PM
what does this have to do with LeBron? lmao, you really are that threatened by LeBron?

How so? I am saying because Rose has weapons now. He didn't back in the day even when he blew by Lebron each and every time.

FlashBolt
11-01-2018, 10:38 PM
How so? I am saying because Rose has weapons now. He didn't back in the day even when he blew by Lebron each and every time.

so what does this have to do with lebron specifically? i think you love him

WaDe03
11-01-2018, 11:24 PM
LeBron was sending rose home in 5 every year JB. Bulls take game 1 Heat win the next 4, rinse and repeat. That Chicago team was much better than this wolves team too and Rose was far better but a chucker.

cmellofan15
11-02-2018, 12:00 AM
This made me think of Kobe's last game with all the emotion and players rallying around him. I mean he didn't have to take 6000 shots and actually played defense.

But still..very emotional.

nastynice
11-02-2018, 12:55 AM
Prime d rose had one of the most aesthetically beautiful game ever, there with kyrie, a bit less smooth a bit more raw. Unfortunate knee issues

Hawkeye15
11-02-2018, 12:23 PM

Martial arts are becoming hemogenized as well. With the advent of MMA people have figured out that there is simply an optimal set of skills. People who train in suboptimal arts are at a distinct disadvantage. Most PPVs I can't tell one half of the the card from the other because they all have the same skillset.

You may never see another Damien Maia or Chuck Liddell at the highest levels again.

I hate that MMA is even called that. The UFC, is not martial arts. It's a combat sport, so whatever.

Martial arts deserves much more respect than lumping it in with a systemized sport that neglects the meaning of martial arts imho. Before boxing was inept, I used to correct anyone who claimed it was a fight. No, it's a boxing match.

Hawkeye15
11-02-2018, 12:25 PM

I specifically remember Rose giving Miami issues, and them putting LeBron on him, which stopped him. LeBron guarded Deng in those days dude.

Let the quest continue.....

SteBO
11-02-2018, 12:40 PM
so what does this have to do with lebron specifically? i think you love him
If I had a nickel for everytime Bulls fans back in the day screamed to the heavens how superior that D-Rose Bulls team was to the HEAT, I'd be a wealthy man. Fact is, LBJ stuck him in the 4th quarter of those games, and that was all she wrote.....saying he had no weapons back then now is really convenient.

SteBO
11-02-2018, 12:44 PM
I specifically remember Rose giving Miami issues, and them putting LeBron on him, which stopped him. LeBron guarded Deng in those days dude.

Exactly. Spo knew he couldn't put LBJ on Rose for long stretches. LBJ knew that too, so there it is. I remeber those days well....JB saying Rose had no weapons back then after insisting they were the better team all year is funny to me.

R. Johnson#3
11-02-2018, 12:54 PM
Prime d rose had one of the most aesthetically beautiful game ever, there with kyrie, a bit less smooth a bit more raw. Unfortunate knee issues
Prime DRose was amazing but I wouldn't call his game beautiful. He was wild, erratic and he'd go right at guys. He was just so strong that he'd be able to absorb contact, flail around and make buckets. I'm not saying he was bad it's just that his game was so weird to watch but he was so damn athletic that he could take over games. Prime D Rose is one of the best athletes to ever play in the NBA. I can't think of a PG who could elevate better than D Rose. He was unbelievably fast and could accelerate from 0-100 faster than anyone I've ever seen but when it came to his game, it wasn't pretty.

Hawkeye15
11-02-2018, 01:43 PM
Exactly. Spo knew he couldn't put LBJ on Rose for long stretches. LBJ knew that too, so there it is. I remeber those days well....JB saying Rose had no weapons back then after insisting they were the better team all year is funny to me.

well, the moment LeBron started gaining GOAT steam, JB made it a lifelong point to downplay everything LeBron does to separate him from MJ.

ewing
11-02-2018, 03:44 PM
Prime DRose was amazing but I wouldn't call his game beautiful. He was wild, erratic and he'd go right at guys. He was just so strong that he'd be able to absorb contact, flail around and make buckets. I'm not saying he was bad it's just that his game was so weird to watch but he was so damn athletic that he could take over games. Prime D Rose is one of the best athletes to ever play in the NBA. I can't think of a PG who could elevate better than D Rose. He was unbelievably fast and could accelerate from 0-100 faster than anyone I've ever seen but when it came to his game, it wasn't pretty.

I agree. I didn't want to say thing b/c to each is own but D Rose had an ugly game

nastynice
11-02-2018, 05:22 PM

When I saw him doing that he was completely in control of his body. Wild and erratic suggests being out of control.

FlashBolt
11-02-2018, 05:33 PM

He had a very smooth game. I think you're talking about Russ moreso than Rose. Rose's game was just always aesthetically smooth and clean to watch. The way the guy move his body at that speed was something else. U

Firefistus
11-02-2018, 05:37 PM
I don't know if you guys actually watched the game, and it stings that it happened against the Jazz, but I have to give props where props is due. He was shooting them over Gobert in the post. Something not many people do ever. He seemed to have no problems with Exum, who is our best defender against elite guards (like Harden, Curry, etc.) Exum gives everyone problems defensively, but not Rose, not on that night.

For a team that prides themselves on defense, he made it look easy, and I'm just not used to seeing that. Even Chris Paul in the playoffs last year was having a much more difficult time than Rose was that game.

This is an image of one of the shots he made....It was just stupid....

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900039824/3-takeaways-from-the-utah-jazzs-128-125-loss-to-the-minnesota-timberwolves.html

Sometimes you just need to tip your hat and move on. I don't think he'll ever have another game like that again, but if he does, it will be a feat for sure.

JordansBulls
11-02-2018, 07:09 PM
If I had a nickel for everytime Bulls fans back in the day screamed to the heavens how superior that D-Rose Bulls team was to the HEAT, I'd be a wealthy man. Fact is, LBJ stuck him in the 4th quarter of those games, and that was all she wrote.....saying he had no weapons back then now is really convenient.

Lebron couldn't hold him though that is the thing, he blew past him every time and it was the help defense that Rose couldn't beat by. It took a lot of energy to blow by Lebron then and once he passed him he didn't have the energy to beat the rest of the defense.

JordansBulls
11-02-2018, 07:10 PM

Lebron never stopped Rose though. He got beat every time. It was the help defense that stopped Rose.

ewing
11-02-2018, 10:54 PM
Good for . him but in his prime Rose was easily the most overrated player in basketball

LA_Raiders
11-02-2018, 11:13 PM
He played great; but truly with todayís defense almost every body can hit 50.

ewing
11-02-2018, 11:14 PM

This is getting silly. He totally earned his 50

AllBall
11-02-2018, 11:17 PM

Nah brah, only the Warriors allowed to hit 50.

IKnowHoops
11-03-2018, 01:44 AM

I remember after the game, Rose went on and on about how Lebron was to fast and to big and that he couldnít get by him or score on him because of it.

IKnowHoops
11-03-2018, 01:46 AM
Lebron never stopped Rose though. He got beat every time. It was the help defense that stopped Rose.

Rose disagrees with you

SteBO
11-03-2018, 09:28 AM
I remember after the game, Rose went on and on about how Lebron was to fast and to big and that he couldnít get by him or score on him because of it.
He did. It was a big deal in the national media, because you never hear stars/superstars voice that publicly. But hey, anyone with eyes could see it....Rose was shooting 9% with LBJ guarding him in 4th quarters. Was a sight to see.....

Stunner
11-03-2018, 12:21 PM
But the real question is that , can Lebron Stop Jason Terry?

LeonFSU
11-03-2018, 04:27 PM
I want to see some variety so badly. Alas, every team (even my Wolves) just bunch up around the perimeter and play skippo till someone jacks a 3.

I really want a team like the Sixers to play almost exclusively inside out through a big like Embiid. Its ridiculous that he shoots 5 threes a game at 30 percent accuracy when heís basically unguardable inside.

FlashBolt
11-03-2018, 08:36 PM
I really want a team like the Sixers to play almost exclusively inside out through a big like Embiid. Its ridiculous that he shoots 5 threes a game at 30 percent accuracy when heís basically unguardable inside.

not just about him. he can spread the floor for other guys as well. If he gets a wide open shot, why not?