PDA

View Full Version : What player(s) does your game represent

Hawkeye15
10-31-2018, 03:20 PM
We have all been compared to an NBA player, some more than others. What player(s), do you think represent how you played/play, or who have you been told you resemble?

We can't all be MJ, for instance, my brother in law plays just like Dale Davis did. Sets a mean pick, sweats excessively, and rebounds the rock to kick it back out to me.

What say you?

SteBO
10-31-2018, 03:25 PM
Dahntay Jones when he played sans the dirty play. I'm far from dirty, but I keep in fine shape and I'm going to body you defensively. I can shoot too.

In the past, I was compared to Rip Hamilton. I was more offensive minded as a kid.

Cal827
10-31-2018, 03:27 PM
Ron Artest. I can lock down on guys defensively, can do other intangibles other than shoot, and from time to time, I'll go into the stands and fight people.

COOLbeans
10-31-2018, 04:31 PM
I like to see myself as a short version of Stephen Jackson, sans why I didnít make it. I think Artest is a good comparison as well.

I played bigger than my size, had no cross over, could shoot the mid range well, and could shoot the 3 if pressured.

I could rebound for a guard, and had a very good first step and solid back to the basket game. I also played defense.

The problem is I weighed about 150 for most of my bsketball career and was an inch or 2 below 6í0. I was a SF in a PG body.

R. Johnson#3
10-31-2018, 04:49 PM
I've been playing with the same group of guys on a weekly run for the last 5 or 6 years. They've dubbed me "White Dray" because I do a bit of everything. I've never thought of my game being like Draymond's but it makes me laugh.

JAZZNC
10-31-2018, 04:49 PM
Probably Ricky Rubio with a tad better shooting. I always had to play PG because I was a pretty damn good passer especially with guys I built a little chemistry with. I was never a huge scorer but like anybody I could get on a hot streak. I liked nothing more than being out on the fast break with a couple of my college buddies I played with. Was a good rebounder for my size and played good D. I feel like Rubio is pretty close.

I will say I had probably the best post moves of any 5'10 guy you'll ever see Haha. I would abuse people my height in the post but when is getting a short white guy the ball on the block a priority haha!?!? I always practiced my post moves, up and under, left and right handed hook shots, fade away jumpers. Just never something that really translated to the actual game given my size.

WaDe03
10-31-2018, 05:01 PM
I get Harden and Ginobli a lot.

AntiG
10-31-2018, 05:38 PM
Gerald Green. Crazy athlete for my size but skills are all over the place and inconsistent. As I got older, my shooting improved a lot but I still suck at dribbling.

ewing
10-31-2018, 06:08 PM
I really don't know. I copied a lot of different people. Can someone tell me? I'm 6 foot, primary ball handler, gunner from deep, super high motor, but limited athete, I'm right handed but much better going left. I can use my left out to like 12 feet with ease and I'm lights out pulling up or stepping back going left. Good passer. Super talkative and locked in on D. Never started **** but was overly intense and often got under peoples skin.

Saddletramp
10-31-2018, 07:07 PM
Iíve actually thought of a thread like this for years. And a playoff one that I might throw out this year finally.

Compared to everyone I was playing with, Iíd probably say Barkley (compared to how I actually played, itíd probably be more like Josh McRoberts). Little hot headed, could shoot ok, would get dirty and rebound. If I were your best player, you wonít win but I had my moments.

Alayla
10-31-2018, 07:25 PM
Late career kid when I actually played but i don't have the health for even pickup's anymore

IndyRealist
10-31-2018, 08:27 PM
Brian Scalabrine. Slow, can't shoot, probably shouldn't be anywhere near a court.

COOLbeans
10-31-2018, 09:03 PM
Brian Scalabrine. Slow, can't shoot, probably shouldn't be anywhere near a court.

haha

In real life though Scalabrine in his prime is balling on most people at any court and rec league in the world. (Though I donít like him cause of what he tried to do to Mark Jackson)

ewing
10-31-2018, 09:57 PM
haha

In real life though Scalabrine in his prime is balling on most people at any court and rec league in the world. (Though I donít like him cause of what he tried to do to Mark Jackson)

What did he do to Mark Jackson?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blams
10-31-2018, 10:01 PM
Peja

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Saddletramp
10-31-2018, 10:02 PM
What did he do to Mark Jackson?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He gave him that ďMomma, there goes that manĒ line.

goingfor28
10-31-2018, 10:42 PM
Korver. All I was ever good at was 3s.
Never put the ball on he floor bc I'd likely end up turning it over lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

IKnowHoops
11-01-2018, 01:33 AM
I pattened my game after Jordan...itís why I suck.

IKnowHoops
11-01-2018, 01:38 AM
But when I was balling every day I could drive to the hole or pull up and I got my mid range jumper so good at one point that I didnít even need to see the hoop. Was my only move, but like Tony Parker I was so fast that itís really all I needed (all state in track). Problem is, when you stop practicing, and your shot goes to shó, your useless. And Iím a sprinter with no gas, so I tire fast as he11.

FlashBolt
11-01-2018, 02:29 AM
Korver. All I was ever good at was 3s.
Never put the ball on he floor bc I'd likely end up turning it over lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

you could've made it to the NBA right now had u been born later

Hawkeye15
11-01-2018, 09:35 AM
I really don't know. I copied a lot of different people. Can someone tell me? I'm 6 foot, primary ball handler, gunner from deep, super high motor, but limited athete, I'm right handed but much better going left. I can use my left out to like 12 feet with ease and I'm lights out pulling up or stepping back going left. Good passer. Super talkative and locked in on D. Never started **** but was overly intense and often got under peoples skin.

Derek Fisher

Hawkeye15
11-01-2018, 09:37 AM

did you ever see that segment where Scal let a few regular dudes who balled a lot challenge him to 1-1? Scal just smoked them haha. Like even the joke NBA players would still show up to your elite rec leagues and destroy everyone.

Hawkeye15
11-01-2018, 09:40 AM
When I was in high school, I heard Hornacek, and Thunder Dan (graduated in 94'). When I was in my 20s, I heard Mitch Richmond, then Rip Hamilton. I haven't played seriously in 7-8 years now.

Basically, I could shoot from anywhere, but not do much else....

ewing
11-01-2018, 09:43 AM
Derek Fisher

I don't like that but it seem kind of apt :)

Hawkeye15
11-01-2018, 09:45 AM

did you slap the floor on defense, and yell, "dead! dead! dead!" when the ball was picked up?

Were you super sweaty before warmups was over?

warfelg
11-01-2018, 09:48 AM
Dario Saric. Not that athletic and a frumpy lumper from the post with range. I also speak with a funny accent.

ewing
11-01-2018, 09:54 AM
did you slap the floor on defense, and yell, "dead! dead! dead!" when the ball was picked up?

Were you super sweaty before warmups was over?

very close. I didn't slap for the floor but I got super low after wiping my sneakers. I called out everyone's help responsibilities and the ball handler's tendencies all the time. I was also willing to "send a message" if someone scored 3 times in a row. I spent a totally unhealthy amount of time playing ball and working on my game b/t about 10 and 23 years old and gave myself sweet rashes a couple times. When i started playing again and 35 I cared for about 2 months then i finally realized i play for fun

JAZZNC
11-01-2018, 10:10 AM
I woulda said Jason Terry??

ewing
11-01-2018, 10:21 AM
I woulda said Jason Terry??

TJ hunted Js more and so did I. Fish was all left and I'm a lot of left plus he is more of a primary ball handler and more of a physical nuisance

Heediot
11-01-2018, 12:20 PM
Joakim Noah only at 5'7''

basch152
11-01-2018, 12:57 PM
curry pretty easily, it's why I've been a fan of his since davidson.

I've always been a spectacular 3 pt shooter.

granted I just played for the first time in a year and my shot obviously dropped off by quite a bit.

I remember games of 21 where they played by the rules that you could take your free shots until you miss rather than a max of three and I ended the game without missing so I made 19 consecutive 3s.