https://youtu.be/aKrTNcsLdvc

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

TrueFan420
10-29-2018, 10:19 PM
Looks like Klay finally found his shot

Dade County
10-29-2018, 11:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySndAaKx6uY

The Bulls are completely ridicules. It's like they let him. They could have made it harder around 11 three's. lol

Saddletramp
10-29-2018, 11:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySndAaKx6uY

The Bulls are completely ridicules. It's like they let him. They could have made it harder around 11 three's. lol

Shhhhh, youíre ruining the narrative. Donít mention that the Bulls suck and Klay has sucked so bad so far this year that when they made their game plan (if they even had one) it was to let Mr. 14%* alone while trying to contain Curry/Durant.

It was the Kings 3rd quarter all over again.

*Klayís 3pt% went from 14% to 32% in just one game. Crazy.

Scoots
10-30-2018, 12:22 AM
Shhhhh, youíre ruining the narrative. Donít mention that the Bulls suck and Klay has sucked so bad so far this year that when they made their game plan (if they even had one) it was to let Mr. 14%* alone while trying to contain Curry/Durant.

It was the Kings 3rd quarter all over again.

*Klayís 3pt% went from 14% to 32% in just one game. Crazy.

Hehe

Bostonjorge
10-30-2018, 02:11 AM
This GS team is going to explode next year. Klay can get his max easily since itís a Paul George Max. GS going to have to make a decision, pay Klay his ďGeorgeĒ $ and then pay Durant even more $. Then one year later play Green even more $ then both, since the NBA rules says he earned the right to get payed more.

Imagine explaining to Green that even tho guys like Durant or Klay or whoever ďCOULDN'TĒ earn this type of $ because ďthey didnít qualifyĒ

We canít pay you more for your accomplishments, even tho you earned what they ďCOULDN'TĒ. All because we donít see you as a Durant or Klay or whoever level of player.

Bostonjorge
10-30-2018, 02:14 AM
Klay has always been a All Time Player. Next year hopefully he will make the right decision.

COOLbeans
10-30-2018, 04:21 AM
Hehe

:laugh2:

nastynice
10-30-2018, 04:33 AM
:laugh2:

:smoking:

Hawkeye15
10-30-2018, 09:22 AM
quite a luxury to have your 4th best player smash records now and then because he is one of the greatest shooters in league history....

Vinylman
10-30-2018, 09:50 AM
good for Klay...

not really a big deal in this era though when considering they basically force fed him. he took more shots than all the other starters combined.

Vinylman
10-30-2018, 09:54 AM
fwiwÖ he also broke the record for most attempts

Hawkeye15
10-30-2018, 09:59 AM
fwiwÖ he also broke the record for most attempts

24 ****ing attempts? Cmon

So basically GS just got up by so much they could chase a stupid record.

Scoots
10-30-2018, 10:53 AM
good for Klay...

not really a big deal in this era though when considering they basically force fed him. he took more shots than all the other starters combined.

It's not a big deal because it's just one game and they would have won if Klay was still sleeping in his hotel.

Scoots
10-30-2018, 10:54 AM

When he tied the record he was 13 of 19 which is pretty great. It's when they realized he was 1 from the record that they started forcing it and it got silly. Kerr didn't like it and told them they had one more chance before the starters were going to be pulled.

MygirlhatesCod
10-30-2018, 11:10 AM

the bulls should have swept the leg

WaDe03
10-30-2018, 11:11 AM
14-24 is still elite, who cares?

GREATNESS ONE
10-30-2018, 11:13 AM
This new era is pathetic.

Hawkeye15
10-30-2018, 11:14 AM
the bulls should have swept the leg

I would never say hurt a guy, but nobody is showing up a team like that years ago. Nobody.

MygirlhatesCod
10-30-2018, 11:23 AM
I would never say hurt a guy, but nobody is showing up a team like that years ago. Nobody.

I would say that curry's 51 point performance was way more "showing up a team". curry was hitting insane shots triple teamed from dumb far. what Klay did last night was special because he was hitting mostly open shots that he created by moving off ball. he was playing the "right way". the banged up bulls just couldn't keep up.

either way there is no need to dump on a guy that just hit an NBA record because you are salty about the team.

WaDe03
10-30-2018, 11:27 AM

Not singling you out here because Iíve seen this take a lot of different places but, the same people saying this stuff wouldnít have happened back in their day are the same guys who were crying about the Lakers/Rockets fight and how bad it was for the league, etc. Barkley and them always talking about the league being soft and how no one goes at each other like they used to but then when they do theyíre looked at as the bad guys. Seems they canít win either way. Today I see people saying Golden State wouldnít have gotten away with that back in the day but had the Bulls tried to do something to stop it we would be talking about how dirty they are and how bad of a look it is.

Hawkeye15
10-30-2018, 11:33 AM
Not singling you out here because Iíve seen this take a lot of different places but, the same people saying this stuff wouldnít have happened back in their day are the same guys who were crying about the Lakers/Rockets fight and how bad it was for the league, etc. Barkley and them always talking about the league being soft and how no one goes at each other like they used to but then when they do theyíre looked at as the bad guys. Seems they canít win either way. Today I see people saying Golden State wouldnít have gotten away with that back in the day but had the Bulls tried to do something to stop it we would be talking about how dirty they are and how bad of a look it is.

make no mistake, fighting is never good for the league. I am simply pointing out, the game is just so different now. The archaic basketball fan in us doesn't like seeing a guy just pour it on without facing a challenge.

Vinylman
10-30-2018, 11:51 AM
It's not a big deal because it's just one game and they would have won if Klay was still sleeping in his hotel.

exactly

Vinylman
10-30-2018, 11:51 AM
14-24 is still elite, who cares?

who said it wasn't good? its about perspective

WaDe03
10-30-2018, 11:58 AM
who said it wasn't good? its about perspective

Well he was either 13-18 or 19 and if youíre that hot why not continue to shoot them. He tied the record so early in the game that of course theyíre going to try to have him beat the record and they had to do it fast before they were taken out for rest the rest of the game. I mean **** the Warriors, KD, etc but I just donít see anything wrong with him gunning his last 5 to try and get the record.

Vinylman
10-30-2018, 11:58 AM

oh my Ö it is the threat of it happening in the past that is the difference... nowadays teams and players can do whatever they want because the idea of someone taking a guy out is not even contemplated.

The aftermath (suspensions) of fights has nothing to do with whether teams need to make a stand. There were consequences in the past just as there are now

Vinylman
10-30-2018, 12:00 PM
Well he was either 13-18 or 19 and if youíre that hot why not continue to shoot them. He tied the record so early in the game that of course theyíre going to try to have him beat the record and they had to do it fast before they were taken out for rest the rest of the game. I mean **** the Warriors, KD, etc but I just donít see anything wrong with him gunning his last 5 to try and get the record.

who said it was wrong? we were merely pointing out the dynamics of the game

Jeffy25
10-30-2018, 12:39 PM

It's exactly what happened, they just force fed him the ball after the first quarter and he just let it fly.

Every one knew what was happening (except Kerr)

Scoots
10-30-2018, 12:39 PM
This new era is pathetic.

And if your team had elite 3 point shooters would you feel the same?

Mine does, and I do, I just wondered if you would.

Scoots
10-30-2018, 12:40 PM

Only bad teams ... teams where everyone was there for themselves, they wouldn't risk the fine.

MygirlhatesCod
10-30-2018, 12:48 PM
And if your team had elite 3 point shooters would you feel the same?

Mine does, and I do, I just wondered if you would.

I'm curious what exactly do you find pathetic?

Jeffy25
10-30-2018, 12:49 PM
In Curry's game, he went 13/17, the Warriors won by 10, but were only up by 3-6 most of the game, he broke the record with 2 minutes to go, and it gave the Warriors a 12 point lead at the time, but he didn't really need those last three for the Warriors to win, but the Pelicans were within striking distance. The 3's put the game out of reach.

In Curry's 12, 3 game. The Warriors won by 3, and he went 12/16

In Marshall's 12, 3 game, he went 12/19 and the Raptors won by 18, with Marshall going 5/9 from 3 in the 4th quarter with a 20 point lead.

In Kobe's 12, 3 game, he went 12/18 and the Lakers won by 21. Kobe went 1/4 from 3 in the 4th quarter in a 1.5 minute window with the Lakers up by 20.

Curry needed his 3's. They weren't record attempting shots. They were in the flow of a game where he needed to keep shooting (maybe his 13th one wasn't necessary).

Marshall and Kobe tried to pile it on during unnecessary times of the game (more so Marshall).

Thompson could have been pulled after the first. While the team was for sure feeding him, Kerr was playing him normally. But when he finally did come out, they were up by 44. It's a pure joke.

MygirlhatesCod
10-30-2018, 01:18 PM
In Curry's game, he went 13/17, the Warriors won by 10, but were only up by 3-6 most of the game, he broke the record with 2 minutes to go, and it gave the Warriors a 12 point lead at the time, but he didn't really need those last three for the Warriors to win, but the Pelicans were within striking distance. The 3's put the game out of reach.

In Marshall's 12, 3 game, he went 12/19 and the Raptors won by 18, with Marshall going 5/9 from 3 in the 4th quarter with a 20 point lead.

In Kobe's 12, 3 game, he went 12/18 and the Lakers won by 21. Kobe went 1/4 from 3 in the 4th quarter in a 1.5 minute window with the Lakers up by 20.

Curry needed his 3's. They weren't record attempting shots. They were in the flow of a game where he needed to keep shooting (maybe his 13th one wasn't necessary).

Marshall and Kobe tried to pile it on during unnecessary times of the game (more so Marshall).

Thompson could have been pulled after the first. While the team was for sure feeding him, Kerr was playing him normally. But when he finally did come out, they were up by 44. It's a pure joke.

I could understand this logic.

It can easily go both ways. how many people would complain if he was taken out after the first quarter?

I was a little surprised the starters came out for the second half. it was overkill. but I cant say I wouldn't want curry to finish games sometimes. specifically a few years back when he sat out 75% of fourth quarters and still put up a 30 ppg average.

I do understand why Klay was given the chance, he started the game way to beast. I also think the players and staff wanted this for him because of his slump.

WaDe03
10-30-2018, 01:20 PM
The *****ing in here is hilarious

Vee-Rex
10-30-2018, 01:22 PM
It's an Olympic team with 2 superstars (Curry/Durant) next to 2 all-stars (Green/Klay), 2 of the greatest shooters of all time, with Curry being the greatest (Curry/Klay), 3 elite defenders (Green/Durant/Klay).

Can't say I'm shocked to see games like this.

And Cousins isn't even healthy. I mean, it's just a joke right now.

IKnowHoops
10-30-2018, 01:27 PM
When he tied the record he was 13 of 19 which is pretty great. It's when they realized he was 1 from the record that they started forcing it and it got silly. Kerr didn't like it and told them they had one more chance before the starters were going to be pulled.

😂

IKnowHoops
10-30-2018, 01:31 PM
make no mistake, fighting is never good for the league. I am simply pointing out, the game is just so different now. The archaic basketball fan in us doesn't like seeing a guy just pour it on without facing a challenge.

I donít really buy this. Nobody practiced 3 pt shooting like they do now. Steph and Klay would kill worse in other eras based on what Iíve seen. If Nate archibauld can lead the league in points and assists at 5í10, then Steph and Klay could certainly set records in any era. This old man line of thinking is in every era. Can we please stop it.

IKnowHoops
10-30-2018, 01:37 PM
It's exactly what happened, they just force fed him the ball after the first quarter and he just let it fly.

Every one knew what was happening (except Kerr)
😂😂😂😂

Kerr was prob just focused on the win. And just think, at the rate he was making 3ís it was definitely the best play they could run while he was hot. He also is aware Klay has been cold so he was happy to see him catch fire. Once he got a lol cold and they kept feeding him, the lightbulb prob went off in Kerrís Head.

IKnowHoops
10-30-2018, 01:39 PM

😂😂😂

Iím not mad at it. Thatís a perk you deserve if you are able to get a 44 point lead😂

nastynice
10-30-2018, 01:46 PM
This **** is gonna be ridiculous..

Hawkeye15
10-30-2018, 01:53 PM
It's an Olympic team with 2 superstars (Curry/Durant) next to 2 all-stars (Green/Klay), 2 of the greatest shooters of all time, with Curry being the greatest (Curry/Klay), 3 elite defenders (Green/Durant/Klay).

yep. It's literally a waste of time to follow the NBA unless you have relegated yourself to caring about something other than the end result.

Hawkeye15
10-30-2018, 01:54 PM
I donít really buy this. Nobody practiced 3 pt shooting like they do now. Steph and Klay would kill worse in other eras based on what Iíve seen. If Nate archibauld can lead the league in points and assists at 5í10, then Steph and Klay could certainly set records in any era. This old man line of thinking is in every era. Can we please stop it.

Nah, you are missing my point. In a game that is way out of control from the end of Q1, if a team was playing the hot hand well after the game was already decided, the other team would have sent a message in the older days. At least when a guy is jacking a 3 every 30 seconds...

valade16
10-30-2018, 03:18 PM
yep. It's literally a waste of time to follow the NBA unless you have relegated yourself to caring about something other than the end result.

I liken it to college football. Unless you're a fan of Alabama you don't care about the National Championship, but there's still the intrigue of the conference titles and conference championship games.

Hawkeye15
10-30-2018, 03:21 PM
I liken it to college football. Unless you're a fan of Alabama you don't care about the National Championship, but there's still the intrigue of the conference titles and conference championship games.

sure, everyone who loves the game can find something to stem their interest.

nastynice
10-30-2018, 03:32 PM
Yea, it's starting to become unfair at this point..

Maybe the league should step and break up the warriors. Only 2 all stars allowed per team!

Hawkeye15
10-30-2018, 03:44 PM
Yea, it's starting to become unfair at this point..

Maybe the league should step and break up the warriors. Only 2 all stars allowed per team!

I mean, the problem will solve itself at some point. I imagine Klay walks this summer, no way GS can pay him the money someone else will give him. Depends on Durant I suppose. But, they won't be able to keep all 4 forever.

COOLbeans
10-30-2018, 03:50 PM
The *****ing in here is hilarious

You actually said ď**** the WarriorsĒ though :laugh2:

COOLbeans
10-30-2018, 03:52 PM

When I read the bold, it seriously made me have butterflies in my stomach.

Scoots
10-30-2018, 04:05 PM
I'm curious what exactly do you find pathetic?

Pathetic may be a little harsh, but there are some people talking about the wave of the future being teams taking 70% of their shots from 3, and I've never liked the proverbial chucker ... and someone shooting 30% from 3 taking 15 a game just sounds terrible to me even if it is statistically superior to the same player taking 15 2s at a higher percentage.

Scoots
10-30-2018, 04:07 PM
😂
Indeed

Scoots
10-30-2018, 04:28 PM
I mean, the problem will solve itself at some point. I imagine Klay walks this summer, no way GS can pay him the money someone else will give him. Depends on Durant I suppose. But, they won't be able to keep all 4 forever.

forever? No. But for their next contracts? Yes.

ewing
10-30-2018, 04:51 PM
Nah, you are missing my point. In a game that is way out of control from the end of Q1, if a team was playing the hot hand well after the game was already decided, the other team would have sent a message in the older days. At least when a guy is jacking a 3 every 30 seconds...

It would have been done by a lot of teams if it was a close game to. When someone went nuclear youíd knock him down to hoping it would break his rhythm. Works on a lot of guy to. They get all pissed off and lose that zone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeffy25
10-30-2018, 04:51 PM
😂😂😂😂

Kerr was prob just focused on the win. And just think, at the rate he was making 3ís it was definitely the best play they could run while he was hot. He also is aware Klay has been cold so he was happy to see him catch fire. Once he got a lol cold and they kept feeding him, the lightbulb prob went off in Kerrís Head.

In the post game interview, he said he didn't realize what was going on. He knew that Klay had had a rough start to the season, and thought they were giving him the ball because he was hot and were cheering him on.

Then in an huddle, Klay said 2 more, and Kerr asked Curry what he meant. And Curry said 2 more for the record. Kerr then asked Curry who had the record and Curry just smiled lol.

I can appreciate that Kerr is focused on the little nuances of the game, while the kids enjoy this sort of thing.

That said, the competition here is a joke.

Hawkeye15
10-30-2018, 04:53 PM
It would have been done by a lot of teams if it was a close game to. When someone went nuclear youíd knock him down to hoping it would break his rhythm. Works on a lot of guy to. They get all pissed off and lose that zone

well yeah, I have talked about that. Physicality bothers Curry, we know that. Meaning, stick him back in 1993, and he isn't as effective. Klay, I have no idea if it does. But at the very least, you are trying to get their heads elsewhere by applying physical pressure.

Jeffy25
😂😂😂

Iím not mad at it. Thatís a perk you deserve if you are able to get a 44 point lead😂

I agree, but sometimes records require a little bit of context.

If Thompson played 40 minutes last night, and was allowed to just chuck as much as he wanted, he could probably have hit 20-25 3's. Big enough lead, take 40 3 attempts. He'd probably do that.

What's crazy is that Curry had like 23 at half as well. It's not like Thompson was just shooting every possession. He ended up shooting more after he went 6/7 for 3 in the first.

Jeffy25

Fantasy and entertainment of the game lol

Jeffy25
10-30-2018, 04:55 PM

Maybe, but is that any better for the game?

To basically assault someone because they are piling it on?

I get that nobody likes to have the score ran up against them. But if you can't hang with an opponent, you don't really have anything you can complain about. You can't ask a team to stop trying to score if you are also trying to score.

Jeffy25
10-30-2018, 04:57 PM

I'm not the most familiar with every thing. And I understand that getting Durant was a unique situation because of the way the cap system was working and that Curry, Klay, and Green took early extensions.

But don't Klay and Green expire contractually soon? They can't actually extend 4 guys to max deals right?

Hawkeye15
10-30-2018, 05:13 PM
Maybe, but is that any better for the game?

To basically assault someone because they are piling it on?

I get that nobody likes to have the score ran up against them. But if you can't hang with an opponent, you don't really have anything you can complain about. You can't ask a team to stop trying to score if you are also trying to score.

as I said, fighting is NEVER good for the game. I am simply shaking my stick at the modern NBA man.

Hawkeye15
10-30-2018, 05:14 PM
I'm not the most familiar with every thing. And I understand that getting Durant was a unique situation because of the way the cap system was working and that Curry, Klay, and Green took early extensions.

But don't Klay and Green expire contractually soon? They can't actually extend 4 guys to max deals right?

They can, but they won't be making money. Something has to give.

WaDe03
10-30-2018, 05:38 PM
You actually said ď**** the WarriorsĒ though :laugh2:

Yea itís always **** the Warriors and KD but this game from Klay is being overblown because he wanted the record at the end.

TrueFan420
10-30-2018, 05:47 PM

Klay said he's willing to take less to keep the team together. I believe it was speculated that 4 years 90 million

Jeffy25
10-30-2018, 05:48 PM
Klay said he's willing to take less to keep the team together. I believe it was speculated that 4 years 90 million

How can this be resolved where there can be competitive balance again?

Saddletramp
10-30-2018, 06:42 PM

The NBA totally screwed up the new money deal a few years ago. Itíll take a generation to sort itself out.

A team is in one of the most affluent and expensive cities to live in the world. All good.
A team is bought by a highly competitve tech guy. All good.
A team drafts well. All good.
A team adds a few great role players in Livingston and Iguadala with cap space and/or exceptions. All good.
A team gells really well and is being called one of the greatest of all time. All good.
A team has plans to build a new stadium and can sell tickets at obscene prices so they can pay their guys whatever. All good (since thereís a cap on who you can bring in at an All-Star level).
A team makes a few moves to have money for a new free agent. All good.

All of that is totally fine. A team canít help it that the city that theyíre in is so rich or so poor. And any rich guy can buy any team if the current owner is selling. And every team plays by the same rules.

The NBA and NBAPA allow every team to have a $20+ million cap jump in one year. Not all good, especially when thereís only one player at All World level thatís available and that team could make a half dozen moves of expendable guys and get better by adding one guy. It helped them that that guy is a puss and didnít want a challenge.

.Why they allowed that money to be put out in one offseason so quickly, Iíll never understand. Some people signed a contract in June of 2014 and a few months later,they find out about the 1 TIME cap jump happening in less than two years and in the middle of their contract? It ruined the league.

valade16
10-30-2018, 06:53 PM
The NBA totally screwed up the new money deal a few years ago. Itíll take a generation to sort itself out.

A team is in one of the most affluent and expensive cities to live in the world. All good.
A team adds a few great role players in Livingston and Iguadala with cap space and/or exceptions. All good.
A team gells really well and is being called one of the greatest of all time. All good.
A team has plans to build a new stadium and can sell tickets at obscene prices so they can pay their guys whatever. All good (since thereís a cap on who you can bring in at an All-Star level).

All of that is totally fine. A team canít help it that the city that theyíre in is so rich or so poor. And any rich guy can buy any team if the current owner is selling. And every team plays by the same rules.

The NBA and NBAPA allow every team to have a $20+ million cap jump in one year. Not all good, especially when thereís only one player at All World level thatís available and that team could make a half dozen moves of expendable guys and get better by adding one guy. It helped them that that guy is a puss and didnít want a challenge.

.Why they allowed that money to be put out in one offseason so quickly, Iíll never understand. Some people signed a contract in June of 2014 and a few months later,they find out about the 1 TIME cap jump happening in less than two years and in the middle of their contract? It ruined the league.

I don't want to say it ruined the league but it actually did have a double damage effect in that not only did it allow an otherwise cash maxed contender to add a superstar piece, many other teams vastly overpaid for players due to the cap jump which has hamstrung their ability to improve and challenge the Warriors. Obviously, that is also each team's fault for signing players to bad deals, but I'm talking about the effect on the league.

Saddletramp
10-30-2018, 06:53 PM

Thatís ********, though. They werenít the same thing. Ingram got frustrated and pushed Harden then yelled at a red and had to be restrained and then Rondo spit in Paulís face. Those are both punk ***** moves and Paul got suspended for fighting. That woulda been bad in any generation.

What (I think) Hawk is talking about is other generations having enough pride in themselves to not allow themselves to be clowned like that. And yes, I know ďStop them if you can and donít cry if you canítĒ. But thatís not what last night was about. Chicago has fallen on hard times right now and they had a lot of starters out on injury. If that was the Jazz? The Raptors? The Celtics? It might be considered sending a message. But it was the lowly Bulls. That was like a bunch of college kids taking it to high school freshmen. Keep pouring it on like that isnít just disrespectful to them, but the game as well.

TL: DR Hissy fits are not equal to disrespecting someone way out of your weight class.

Saddletramp
10-30-2018, 06:56 PM
I don't want to say it ruined the league but it actually did have a double damage effect in that not only did it allow an otherwise cash maxed contender to add a superstar piece, many other teams vastly overpaid for players due to the cap jump which has hamstrung their ability to improve and challenge the Warriors. Obviously, that is also each team's fault for signing players to bad deals, but I'm talking about the effect on the league.

Youíre totally right. There was huge money that pretty much had to be spent that year and there weren't enough all star talent to go around. Without looking it up, a bunch of individuals gained but everyone suffered on a whole. Except, of course, for the Warriors.

Saddletramp
10-30-2018, 07:07 PM
I get why there shouldnít be a salary cap, but I think that there should be a luxury tax cap. Making it the way it is now, some teams just canít compete. Maybe after a certain amount (thatís set on your cap the first day of the start of the prior yearís opening night?) you have no exceptions but rookies and the vet minimum.

If everything about the Warriors was the same except that that team happened to be in Orlando (all the same drafting and trades and coaches and system), itíd have been over by now. Look at OKC. They couldnít afford Harden and then Durant didnít want to keep up the challenge of actually competing. Bet he wouldíve stayed if they had the money to keep Harden and had a title of two by 2016.

zookman65
10-30-2018, 07:18 PM

So I am confused here. GS must take a shot every time down the court correct? He makes 14 of 24 shots from 3 which equivalent to making 21 of 24 from two. Really confusing take on your part. Do the points not count?

zookman65
10-30-2018, 07:25 PM

Competitive balance like the 60s Celtics, late 70s/80s bulls celtics and the 90s Bulls?

ewing
10-30-2018, 07:28 PM
Yea itís always **** the Warriors and KD but this game from Klay is being overblown because he wanted the record at the end.

Yeah if I had 10 threes I wouldnít expect people to keep feeding me and I wouldnt be hunting Js even more then usual

Raps18-19 Champ
10-30-2018, 08:21 PM

He should have developed some balls and took them out right there,

Scoots
10-30-2018, 09:11 PM
well yeah, I have talked about that. Physicality bothers Curry, we know that. Meaning, stick him back in 1993, and he isn't as effective. Klay, I have no idea if it does. But at the very least, you are trying to get their heads elsewhere by applying physical pressure.

I don't think the physical play bothers Curry any more other than not being able to move where he wants to go but that's true for everybody. It definitely used to get him to rush and get frustrated though.

Klay's frustration used to come from inside, now if his offense isn't working he just tries to increase movement and defense.

Scoots
10-30-2018, 09:57 PM

When was there last competitive balance in the NBA?

Scoots
10-30-2018, 10:00 PM

This offseason Michelle Roberts was re-elected as President of the NBAPA and she doubled down on not allowing the smoothing. She still thinks the owners were trying to steal money from the players.

Scoots
10-30-2018, 10:06 PM
Thatís ********, though. They werenít the same thing. Ingram got frustrated and pushed Harden then yelled at a red and had to be restrained and then Rondo spit in Paulís face. Those are both punk ***** moves and Paul got suspended for fighting. That woulda been bad in any generation.

What (I think) Hawk is talking about is other generations having enough pride in themselves to not allow themselves to be clowned like that. And yes, I know ďStop them if you can and donít cry if you canítĒ. But thatís not what last night was about. Chicago has fallen on hard times right now and they had a lot of starters out on injury. If that was the Jazz? The Raptors? The Celtics? It might be considered sending a message. But it was the lowly Bulls. That was like a bunch of college kids taking it to high school freshmen. Keep pouring it on like that isnít just disrespectful to them, but the game as well.

TL: DR Hissy fits are not equal to disrespecting someone way out of your weight class.

The Warriors didn't pile it on to the Bulls, they almost certainly scored fewer points force feeding Klay, and there was no way they were going to pull all the starters in the first half and their first half lead was right around the highest of the night. Unless the NBA institutes a mercy rule I'd be mad if a team shut it down in the first quarter with a 25 or 30 point lead. I've seen too many teams come back from huge deficits including against this Warriors team to feel secure with any lead in the first half.

Scoots
10-30-2018, 10:09 PM
I get why there shouldnít be a salary cap, but I think that there should be a luxury tax cap. Making it the way it is now, some teams just canít compete. Maybe after a certain amount (thatís set on your cap the first day of the start of the prior yearís opening night?) you have no exceptions but rookies and the vet minimum.

If everything about the Warriors was the same except that that team happened to be in Orlando (all the same drafting and trades and coaches and system), itíd have been over by now. Look at OKC. They couldnít afford Harden and then Durant didnít want to keep up the challenge of actually competing. Bet he wouldíve stayed if they had the money to keep Harden and had a title of two by 2016.

There essentially has to be a cap to give smaller market teams/owners a chance. The money issue is not with the cap but in the lack of true revenue sharing and in the huge list of exceptions available to teams over the cap.

No other team would have given up yet. This is the first year they are going to pay the repeater tax. It's the future bills that get so absurd.

Saddletramp
10-30-2018, 10:27 PM
The Warriors didn't pile it on to the Bulls, they almost certainly scored fewer points force feeding Klay, and there was no way they were going to pull all the starters in the first half and their first half lead was right around the highest of the night. Unless the NBA institutes a mercy rule I'd be mad if a team shut it down in the first quarter with a 25 or 30 point lead. I've seen too many teams come back from huge deficits including against this Warriors team to feel secure with any lead in the first half.

Yeah, but being competitive and trying to keep the win is different from trying to set records. If that quote Jeffy gave is true and someone said ď2 moreĒ then yeah, theyíre clowning.

Saddletramp
10-30-2018, 10:34 PM
There essentially has to be a cap to give smaller market teams/owners a chance. The money issue is not with the cap but in the lack of true revenue sharing and in the huge list of exceptions available to teams over the cap.

No other team would have given up yet. This is the first year they are going to pay the repeater tax. It's the future bills that get so absurd.

OKC traded Harden when they could because they made the decision not to pay him and didnít want to stretch it out into the season. They basically gave up knowing what was going to be coming.

Do you know how much revenue the Warriors will make next year against how much their salaries plus taxes will be? I honestly donít think Lacob cares unless heís losing money*. He seems like a guy that would rather break even and dominate than rake it in and lose. Iím sure he has enough from his other ventures that this is more like a toy/game for him.

A bit of hyperbole on my part but Iíd bet itís not far from the truth.

Saddletramp
10-30-2018, 10:42 PM
This offseason Michelle Roberts was re-elected as President of the NBAPA and she doubled down on not allowing the smoothing. She still thinks the owners were trying to steal money from the players.

I guess they know what theyíre doing but Iíd have to think maybe that money wouldíve been put to better use than the one year it spiked. Now since only a portion (20%? 30%? Lower?) reaped that money in 2016, itís handtied some teams in the two years since.

Whole thing was/is a goddamned mess.

Scoots
10-30-2018, 11:43 PM
Yeah, but being competitive and trying to keep the win is different from trying to set records. If that quote Jeffy gave is true and someone said ď2 moreĒ then yeah, theyíre clowning.

Clowning implies intent to disrespect. I don't think the Warriors were thinking about the Bulls at all. And I bet the Bulls didn't feel disrespected by the Warriors, I bet they felt bad that it happened to them and are mad at themselves for not stopping it from happening, but being accused of running up the score? Nah.

Scoots
10-30-2018, 11:59 PM
OKC traded Harden when they could because they made the decision not to pay him and didnít want to stretch it out into the season. They basically gave up knowing what was going to be coming.

Do you know how much revenue the Warriors will make next year against how much their salaries plus taxes will be? I honestly donít think Lacob cares unless heís losing money*. He seems like a guy that would rather break even and dominate than rake it in and lose. Iím sure he has enough from his other ventures that this is more like a toy/game for him.

A bit of hyperbole on my part but Iíd bet itís not far from the truth.

I did say "yet" since the Warriors tax bill hasn't been that big. Next year is where the worm turns.

The numbers I've seen reported in various places, and nobody outside of the Warriors accountants really knows what the reality is, said that the Warriors can pay the repeater tax a few more years and max out all 4 core guys and not lose any money at all. The new arena in SF is wholly owned by the team and it's the only indoor venue of it's kind in the city. They have also signed some of the most lucrative corporate deals in the NBA.

That said, Lacob said the owners will lose money to win.

Scoots
10-31-2018, 12:02 AM
I guess they know what theyíre doing but Iíd have to think maybe that money wouldíve been put to better use than the one year it spiked. Now since only a portion (20%? 30%? Lower?) reaped that money in 2016, itís handtied some teams in the two years since.

Whole thing was/is a goddamned mess.

I think Roberts was dumb. She came in assuming the owners and league were going to cheat the players and no amount of data to support the league's argument would convince her otherwise.

Agreed.

tredigs
10-31-2018, 12:09 AM

To be fair, Klay does not hold the ball long enough to send a message (he had the ball less than 1 minute in his hands all game, hilarious but true), and he did not even finish the 3rd quarter of the game, with the rest of the Warriors starters done by the 6 minute mark of the 3rd quarter. That was a road b2b and the 3rd game in 4 nights for GS by the way. The prototype "schedule loss".

They were 1 three away from breaking the league record for most 3's in a game entering the 4th, and finished the game that way. You can be mad at them for being too good, but you can never, ever call them out for running it up. Which honestly, I wish they would more often. At least to teams that are blatantly tanking. They deserve to be embarrassed.

WaDe03
10-31-2018, 12:25 AM
Klay had the ball for 96 seconds brother!

tredigs
10-31-2018, 12:29 AM
Klay had the ball for 96 seconds brother!

Oh **** I must have seen that yesterday and internalized sub 1 minute.
So yeah nevermind, get after that stat padding ball hogging p.o.s. :laugh:

nastynice
10-31-2018, 12:44 AM
They can, but they won't be making money. Something has to give.

Yea, one thing a little more unfair is endorsements, Klay made 80 million off a shoe deal, you think he's doing that as lead guy in Sacramento? Plus milk, even green is on Google commercials. So theoretically we could offer lower money yet still be the destination that best fills their pockets.

Really the luxury tax kills competition, a hard cap solves a lot. But the owners don't want that, they rather be able to be more stingy or spend more at their own whim, and franchises like okc ends up breaking up potentially 3 prime mvp talents to save money while franchise like golden state set a system that feeds everyone. Takes money to make money type a deal..

nastynice
10-31-2018, 12:50 AM

I don't think it was as big a blindside as your making it sound. I say that because we signed Klay and Draymond a year or two before and we "overpaid" at the time knowing we should expect cap jumps. Also if I recall correct, only 7 or so teams were mathematically able to sign Durant. If there's a straight up $20 mill cap jump shouldn't that leave just about every team capable of signing him?

I just think our FO outplayed every other FO in the league, plain and simple.

Scoots
10-31-2018, 01:34 AM

I was with you to there ... The Warriors FO got lucky, sure, they made their luck by getting those drafts, and building a culture that tempted KD to choose the Warriors.

Saddletramp
10-31-2018, 01:54 AM
I don't think it was as big a blindside as your making it sound. I say that because we signed Klay and Draymond a year or two before and we "overpaid" at the time knowing we should expect cap jumps. Also if I recall correct, only 7 or so teams were mathematically able to sign Durant. If there's a straight up $20 mill cap jump shouldn't that leave just about every team capable of signing him?

The GS FO did a great job. Just gotta tip your hat. The two entities that Iím scratching my head at is the NBA and NBAPA for not allowing a more even playing field for all teams after doing the restricted free agency stuff and exceptions to help small market teams stay competitive. They donít care. This NBA is all about the money and less about the game. Just some more good olí fashioned American capitalism ruining the spirit of something.

Oh, and Iím scratching my head at KD for being a little ***** and running to one of the already All Time GOATs.

Yea, one thing a little more unfair is endorsements, Klay made 80 million off a shoe deal, you think he's doing that as lead guy in Sacramento? Plus milk, even green is on Google commercials. So theoretically we could offer lower money yet still be the destination that best fills their pockets.

Really the luxury tax kills competition, a hard cap solves a lot. But the owners don't want that, they rather be able to be more stingy or spend more at their own whim, and franchises like okc ends up breaking up potentially 3 prime mvp talents to save money while franchise like golden state set a system that feeds everyone. Takes money to make money type a deal..

I agree with this whole post. Glad you realize that itís a problem.

And I knew Tre would be back after his Timeout. Letís go a little easy with the anger this time.

tredigs
10-31-2018, 01:56 AM

The hilarious part about the cap smoothing or lack there of was that it was CP3 and Lebron (the 2 most prominent guys in the players association) who insisted on it being front loaded. That's the part I love about all the crying the most.

Chronz
10-31-2018, 02:34 AM
The hilarious part about the cap smoothing or lack there of was that it was CP3 and Lebron (the 2 most prominent guys in the players association) who insisted on it being front loaded. That's the part I love about all the crying the most.
Maybe i'm misunderstanding the CBa but the sad irony is that both cp3 n bron would've gotten more money from something of a shaving, no? Since the allocated funds would be divided among all nba players as opposed to huge chunks going to deng, mozgov and mahinmi

tredigs
10-31-2018, 02:38 AM
Maybe i'm misunderstanding the CBa but the sad irony is that both cp3 n bron would've gotten more money from something of a shaving, no? Since the allocated funds would be divided among all nba players as opposed to huge chunks going to deng, mozgov and mahinmi

Not sure on the nuances of their contracts, just that the players association (specifically CP and Bron who have all the pull in the PA) ensured that the money was paid out front, because they did not trust the owners.

Whoops.

nastynice
10-31-2018, 08:04 AM

Is that how you felt about the rockets tryina get the record against the warriors?

Warriors weren't havin it, lol

MygirlhatesCod
10-31-2018, 09:29 AM
Pathetic may be a little harsh, but there are some people talking about the wave of the future being teams taking 70% of their shots from 3, and I've never liked the proverbial chucker ... and someone shooting 30% from 3 taking 15 a game just sounds terrible to me even if it is statistically superior to the same player taking 15 2s at a higher percentage.

that is misinformed talk by misinformed people. steph just had arguably one of the most efficient 50+ point games ever, and Klays was exceptionally efficient as well. future seems pretty good to me.

I too would hate it if the league became that way. my disdain for chuckers is deep. I do know that without efficiency those 70% from 3 shots wont happen. without sustained success players and teams know that it would kill any flow that is necessary for offenses to compete.

at the end of the day its just the flavor of the day thing kicking in. when phoenix was running and gunning everyone wanted to copy the style. the 90's and early 00's was full of contaminated Jordan clones. that's the beauty of the NBA its constantly evolving. its just to bad some fans cant emulate that process.

Hawkeye15
10-31-2018, 09:30 AM

from fans, or players? Fans have every single right under the sun to complain about Durant being able to go to GS. Players, do not.

Hawkeye15
10-31-2018, 09:31 AM
To be fair, Klay does not hold the ball long enough to send a message (he had the ball less than 1 minute in his hands all game, hilarious but true), and he did not even finish the 3rd quarter of the game, with the rest of the Warriors starters done by the 6 minute mark of the 3rd quarter. That was a road b2b and the 3rd game in 4 nights for GS by the way. The prototype "schedule loss".

They were 1 three away from breaking the league record for most 3's in a game entering the 4th, and finished the game that way. You can be mad at them for being too good, but you can never, ever call them out for running it up. Which honestly, I wish they would more often. At least to teams that are blatantly tanking. They deserve to be embarrassed.

Guy doesn't need the ball to send a message. Again, I am not advocating it, I am stating Klay would have faced some physicality 20 years ago trying to jack up 25 bombs.

Hawkeye15
10-31-2018, 09:35 AM

to piggyback both of you, all points being made by you 2 are right on. The league will recover. Hell it's doing better than ever. But hardcore fans, hate this time period. They just do. We have to find things to cheer about, kind of a season within a season, because we all know the end result. GS fans for example, make up pretend contenders to try and add drama to their season. Each fan/team makes up something to follow.

The league will recover as these deals expire and the market levels itself. Durant may leave, he may not. GS may enter tax hell, they may let one of the guys go. Who knows. Nothing lasts forever, the league will be more competitive at some point in the near-ish future.

Hawkeye15
10-31-2018, 09:39 AM
So I am confused here. GS must take a shot every time down the court correct? He makes 14 of 24 shots from 3 which equivalent to making 21 of 24 from two. Really confusing take on your part. Do the points not count?

sure they do. But 25 attempts is insane. 14 makes is nice, but when you read a guy hit that many, you figure he was just on fire and couldn't be stopped. Clearly that isn't the case here, Klay just shot away and had an above average night. On top of that, guys who get that hot usually start drawing massive attention. But, as we all know, you can't possibly send double/triple teams at a GS player, because they have multiple HOF'ers sitting there waiting to scoop up easy baskets.

Hawkeye15
10-31-2018, 09:40 AM
I don't think the physical play bothers Curry any more other than not being able to move where he wants to go but that's true for everybody. It definitely used to get him to rush and get frustrated though.

Klay's frustration used to come from inside, now if his offense isn't working he just tries to increase movement and defense.

Curry, HATES physicality. It's the biggest weakness that sticks out to me. I don't think he would fair well against it. I just don't. Can't be convinced otherwise.

Hawkeye15
10-31-2018, 09:43 AM

to be fair, anytime a player is in GS or NY, we really need to factor in what a dollar does there versus where you are talking about. Sac isn't Arkansas cheap, but SF is about as ridiculous as it gets with cost of living. People making 130k a year in the tech industry there won't even have kids because they are waiting to be able to afford them. 130k. You can afford 2 homes and multiple kids down south with that money.

MygirlhatesCod
10-31-2018, 10:24 AM
sure they do. But 25 attempts is insane. 14 makes is nice, but when you read a guy hit that many, you figure he was just on fire and couldn't be stopped. Clearly that isn't the case here, Klay just shot away and had an above average night. On top of that, guys who get that hot usually start drawing massive attention. But, as we all know, you can't possibly send double/triple teams at a GS player, because they have multiple HOF'ers sitting there waiting to scoop up easy baskets.

how was it not the case? did you even watch the game? when Klay hit 13 he only missed 5 3's out of 18 attempts. that's pretty on fire to me. so what would you call going 13/18 from 3? if hitting 3's at a 72% rate isn't fire for you then I get your stance.

Hawkeye15
10-31-2018, 10:36 AM

how was it not the case? did you even watch the game? when Klay hit 13 he only missed 5 3's out of 18 attempts. that's pretty on fire to me. so what would you call going 13/18 from 3? if hitting 3's at a 72% rate isn't fire for you then I get your stance.

A guy hitting that many 3's should be having the game of his life. Not just a nice shooting night with teammates spoon feeding him the ball to run up the numbers. Its the same reason nobody gets a boner over D-Rob scoring 71.

tredigs
10-31-2018, 10:55 AM
A guy hitting that many 3's should be having the game of his life. Not just a nice shooting night with teammates spoon feeding him the ball to run up the numbers. Its the same reason nobody gets a boner over D-Rob scoring 71.

Wasn't D Rob chasing until the last minute of the blowout to get enough points for the scoring title? That's a bit different then your own teammates (primarily the guy who already owned the record) looking to get you shots early in the third quarter (knowing they would all soon be out, which they all were). He was 13 for 19 from 3 before that started, completely electric. And 14/24 is still insanely efficient, in case that needs to be said. Its the equivalent of shooting 88% on 2's. You are being very silly on this one. I may be the homer, but the Warriors clearly have a stranglehold on your sensibilities concerning their team.

MygirlhatesCod
10-31-2018, 10:56 AM

to be fair not many people got a "boner" from anything the spurs did. most viewed it as boring. I personally loved the style of play.

no matter how you shape it being efficient is not running up numbers!

Scoots
10-31-2018, 11:05 AM
that is misinformed talk by misinformed people. steph just had arguably one of the most efficient 50+ point games ever, and Klays was exceptionally efficient as well. future seems pretty good to me.

I too would hate it if the league became that way. my disdain for chuckers is deep. I do know that without efficiency those 70% from 3 shots wont happen. without sustained success players and teams know that it would kill any flow that is necessary for offenses to compete.

at the end of the day its just the flavor of the day thing kicking in. when phoenix was running and gunning everyone wanted to copy the style. the 90's and early 00's was full of contaminated Jordan clones. that's the beauty of the NBA its constantly evolving. its just to bad some fans cant emulate that process.

Using two of the greatest shooters of all time as predictors of trends for the whole NBA doesn't make much sense. There are several teams this year where the most frequent shot they take are 3s, and the Warriors are in the bottom third of the NBA in 3s attempted last I looked which means there are a LOT of lesser shooters shooting a lot of 3s already, and analytics supports it continuing and growing.

It's not the flavor of the day though ... kids at every level are learning that 3 point shooting is a key skill, every year there are going to be more and more shooters drafted and at some point the majority of players in the NBA will be able to hit over 30% from 3 and the only reason to go inside the line will be to move to another area behind the line.

Hawkeye15
10-31-2018, 11:08 AM
Wasn't D Rob chasing until the last minute of the blowout to get enough points for the scoring title? That's a bit different then your own teammates (primarily the guy who already owned the record) looking to get you shots early in the third quarter (knowing they would all soon be out, which they all were). He was 13 for 19 from 3 before that started, completely electric. And 14/24 is still insanely efficient, in case that needs to be said. Its the equivalent of shooting 88% on 2's. You are being very silly on this one. I may be the homer, but the Warriors clearly have a stranglehold on your sensibilities concerning their team.

it's different that it was more in flow, I am simply relaying the context puts it where it needs to be-impressive but nothing to get worked up about.

I also feel almost any statistical achievement on that team needs to be put into context. No defense can really zone in on any one player, so if someone gets hot, or has a great matchup, the numbers look stupid compared to if they were on a "regular" great team...

"Welp, Klay is on fire. Too bad we can't send additional help cause they have a better shooter on that side of the court, and Kevin Durant on the other side".

Scoots
10-31-2018, 11:09 AM
Curry, HATES physicality. It's the biggest weakness that sticks out to me. I don't think he would fair well against it. I just don't. Can't be convinced otherwise.

I always find that the dumbest argument to make ... make a statement and declare you can't learn anything in the future. So sad, and unfortunately mistaken. Curry doesn't hate physicality, and certainly his smaller frame means he can't out physical opponents, but that doesn't mean he's not physical himself. Teams that double him and try to beat him up he still scores and he gets his teammates wide open shots.

Scoots
10-31-2018, 11:10 AM

I fully expect that record to fall soon.

Scoots
10-31-2018, 11:10 AM
it's different that it was more in flow, I am simply relaying the context puts it where it needs to be-impressive but nothing to get worked up about.

The context of both being regular season games makes them pedestrian to me.

WaDe03
10-31-2018, 11:12 AM
You feed the hot hand Hawkeye. Dude was 13-19 from 3 and still in the game so why not go to him? Obviously when you tie the record, as a team you want your guy to break it and make history so they may have went a little overboard on the last 5 attempts but all in all they played the game the way it should be. You feed the hot hand brother!

Hawkeye15
10-31-2018, 11:13 AM
I always find that the dumbest argument to make ... make a statement and declare you can't learn anything in the future. So sad, and unfortunately mistaken. Curry doesn't hate physicality, and certainly his smaller frame means he can't out physical opponents, but that doesn't mean he's not physical himself. Teams that double him and try to beat him up he still scores and he gets his teammates wide open shots.

Me learn? No, Curry needs to learn to play against physicality, I don't need to bend what I see. But, he will never need to learn. I don't feel Curry, as is, makes it in a physical league as a clear cut superstar. I would imagine he changes his game (or the coaching staff does), and gets the ball out of his hands more to alleviate the constant body checking, instead getting him the ball on the move when he can do his damage. But as a traditional PG, in the hand check/body era, he would dip down.

All of this isn't a shot at curry. He doesn't choose his era. He isn't an individual scorer who breaks down defenses, so he probably loves all the zone, etc. I just don't think he would be more than maybe Mark Price 20 years ago.

Hawkeye15
10-31-2018, 11:14 AM
You feed the hot hand Hawkeye. Dude was 13-19 from 3 and still in the game so why not go to him? Obviously when you tie the record, as a team you want your guy to break it and make history so they may have went a little overboard on the last 5 attempts but all in all they played the game the way it should be. You feed the hot hand brother!

and as I stated, usually a defense will load up on that guy. You can't do that against GS.

Jeffy25
10-31-2018, 11:18 AM
When was there last competitive balance in the NBA?

Really never, but it's something we'd all like to see.

Couldn't the league impose restrictions on have team mates with awards on the same roster?

For example, a team can't have two guys that have won an MVP in the last 5 years on the same roster, or have 3 All-NBA first time players in the last 3 years etc.

From the current Warriors

2015-2016 all NBA selections

Curry - 1st
Durant, Cousins, and Green - 2nd
Thompson - 3rd

That's just 3 seasons ago, and their entire starting lineup was all NBA.

It's one thing if you have an MVP, like let's say Harden, and then this year, Chris Paul went out and won the MVP. But you shouldn't be able to acquire a Kevin Durant (2014 MVP), while having a Steph Curry (15, and 16 MVP) and adding Durant to Curry after these guys had won the last 3 MVP's.

tredigs
10-31-2018, 11:20 AM

I also feel almost any statistical achievement on that team needs to be put into context. No defense can really zone in on any one player, so if someone gets hot, or has a great matchup, the numbers look stupid compared to if they were on a "regular" great team...

"Welp, Klay is on fire. Too bad we can't send additional help cause they have a better shooter on that side of the court, and Kevin Durant on the other side".

Maybe I am missing something, but I don't think anyone is getting too worked up about it, but it was still an insane shooting performance and always fun to see Klay go supernova. His *HOT* is as potent as nearly any scorer in history, and this was one of those nights for him. Had their shooting not blown the doors off of Chicago and he continued to play within the offense and into the 4th quarter, he would have gone for 20 threes on like a 110% TS. It's a noteworthy shooting performance. That's all.

@Scoots, true, but not by anyone not named Curry.

MygirlhatesCod
10-31-2018, 11:23 AM
Using two of the greatest shooters of all time as predictors of trends for the whole NBA doesn't make much sense. There are several teams this year where the most frequent shot they take are 3s, and the Warriors are in the bottom third of the NBA in 3s attempted last I looked which means there are a LOT of lesser shooters shooting a lot of 3s already, and analytics supports it continuing and growing.

It's not the flavor of the day though ... kids at every level are learning that 3 point shooting is a key skill, every year there are going to be more and more shooters drafted and at some point the majority of players in the NBA will be able to hit over 30% from 3 and the only reason to go inside the line will be to move to another area behind the line.

those two are the reason for the belief that everyone will be shooting 3's only so why not use them as examples?

The fact that 3 point shooting is a valuable skill was never a secret. is there something wrong with most players hitting over 30% from three? if anything it drives me crazy that everyone cant. they are PRO's not rec league players. the whole point of the game is to put the ball in the basket more efficiently than your opponent.

this style of play is more appealing to the majority because it means that you have to have a special skill not everyone has. the days of just being physically taller and bigger are gone. which is why true centers are phasing out. to me they never had much actual skill. hitting around 50% free throws is hot garbage!

Those others teams just jacking up 3's aren't winning anything. so it wont be the norm. I'm sure you know this.

tredigs
10-31-2018, 11:29 AM

Couldn't the league impose restrictions on have team mates with awards on the same roster?

For example, a team can't have two guys that have won an MVP in the last 5 years on the same roster, or have 3 All-NBA first time players in the last 3 years etc.

Curry - 1st
Thompson - 3rd

It's one thing if you have an MVP, like let's say Harden, and then this year, Chris Paul went out and won the MVP. But you shouldn't be able to acquire a Kevin Durant (2014 MVP), while having a Steph Curry (15, and 16 MVP) and adding Durant to Curry after these guys had won the last 3 MVP's.

Wait, is this a real take you think is reasonable and implementable? Because it is one of the dumbest half-baked concepts I have come across.

I'll help you out with an idea (that is also admittedly horrible and an infringement on players rights that they would never stand for). Essentially have every free agent as an open offer sheet, and if Team A offers the max (say, the Nets) while Team B (say, the Warriors) can only offer a discounted value, then that player can not sign with team B. If multiple teams offer the max, then he has multiple choices.

Again, a terrible concept that would never fly for a host of reasons, but at least grounded in reality.

MygirlhatesCod
10-31-2018, 11:33 AM
Wait, is this a real take you think is reasonable and implementable? Because it is one of the dumbest half-baked concepts I have come across.

I'll help you out with an idea (that is also admittedly horrible and an infringement on players rights that they would never stand for). Essentially have every free agent as an open offer sheet, and if Team A offers the max (say, the Nets) while Team B (say, the Warriors) can only offer a discounted value, then that player can not sign with team B. If multiple teams offer the max, then he has multiple choices.

Again, a terrible concept that would never fly for a host of reasons, but at least grounded in reality.

I'm down for anything as long as the lakers don't win!

Scoots
10-31-2018, 11:35 AM
Me learn? No, Curry needs to learn to play against physicality, I don't need to bend what I see. But, he will never need to learn. I don't feel Curry, as is, makes it in a physical league as a clear cut superstar. I would imagine he changes his game (or the coaching staff does), and gets the ball out of his hands more to alleviate the constant body checking, instead getting him the ball on the move when he can do his damage. But as a traditional PG, in the hand check/body era, he would dip down.

All of this isn't a shot at curry. He doesn't choose his era. He isn't an individual scorer who breaks down defenses, so he probably loves all the zone, etc. I just don't think he would be more than maybe Mark Price 20 years ago.

Okay, so I was taking you talking about "physicality" being the current game, now you are talking about putting him in the peak physical game of the past.

I think he'd be a star in any era, but yeah he's got a whole lot more freedom now than he would have had in the past.

LaVar Ball
10-31-2018, 11:41 AM
Warriors should 3 peat this year. No excuses. 4 titles in 5 years

Scoots
10-31-2018, 11:49 AM

Curry - 1st
Thompson - 3rd

So if a team has 3 players who qualify will the league require one to be traded? Cut? Or just not let them re-sign with the team? Seems unlikely in the extreme.

tredigs
10-31-2018, 11:50 AM
@Jeffy, if the awards are handed out mid playoffs and a team goes over their alotted total of awards due to an NBA all defensive team selection for their starting small forward, can that player finish out the series or do they terminate his contract on the spot? Ooh or do they get to pick which guy to send packing via a tribal council?!? Just looking for clarity on the exciting new rule changes under your governance, mahalo.

Scoots
10-31-2018, 11:54 AM
those two are the reason for the belief that everyone will be shooting 3's only so why not use them as examples?

The fact that 3 point shooting is a valuable skill was never a secret. is there something wrong with most players hitting over 30% from three? if anything it drives me crazy that everyone cant. they are PRO's not rec league players. the whole point of the game is to put the ball in the basket more efficiently than your opponent.

this style of play is more appealing to the majority because it means that you have to have a special skill not everyone has. the days of just being physically taller and bigger are gone. which is why true centers are phasing out. to me they never had much actual skill. hitting around 50% free throws is hot garbage!

Those others teams just jacking up 3's aren't winning anything. so it wont be the norm. I'm sure you know this.

But it's not the Warriors that are the issue. It's the rest of the league. The Warriors are not chucking, but teams with lesser shooters are. That is the issue.

tredigs
10-31-2018, 12:01 PM
But it's not the Warriors that are the issue. It's the rest of the league. The Warriors are not chucking, but teams with lesser shooters are. That is the issue.

It's a dirty little secret that this will be the 2nd year in a row that the Warriors are not even in the top half of the league in 3pt volume. They've never even been top 3 :laugh:

SteBO
10-31-2018, 12:09 PM
Yup. Any team that tries to out shoot the Warriors is never going to beat them 4 times out of 7. Houston came the closest, and that was largely due to how they were defending, not shooting. Teams need to play to their own strengths.

Hawkeye15
10-31-2018, 12:12 PM
Yup. Any team that tries to out shoot the Warriors is never going to beat them 4 times out of 7. Houston came the closest, and that was largely due to how they were defending, not shooting. Teams need to play to their own strengths.

also largely due to GS not giving a rip until pushed against a wall. As soon as they were, they blasted the Rox off the floor in the 2nd half of those closing games. Like a, "oh, you can punch too, we have been waiting on that. Well check out this Mike Tyson punch *****"

Hawkeye15
10-31-2018, 12:13 PM
Maybe I am missing something, but I don't think anyone is getting too worked up about it, but it was still an insane shooting performance and always fun to see Klay go supernova. His *HOT* is as potent as nearly any scorer in history, and this was one of those nights for him. Had their shooting not blown the doors off of Chicago and he continued to play within the offense and into the 4th quarter, he would have gone for 20 threes on like a 110% TS. It's a noteworthy shooting performance. That's all.

@Scoots, true, but not by anyone not named Curry.

yeah man, it was a barrage. The dude can just shoot, and needs like zero time to release it. Klay is a very impressive shooter. To be honest, he reminds me of exactly how I was. Obviously a MUCH lesser version haha, but I could shoot from anywhere, never really a driver, etc. So selfishly I love him, but I also just shake my head at the luxuries that team has haha

Hawkeye15
10-31-2018, 12:15 PM
Okay, so I was taking you talking about "physicality" being the current game, now you are talking about putting him in the peak physical game of the past.

I think he'd be a star in any era, but yeah he's got a whole lot more freedom now than he would have had in the past.

the only way I buy this is if he has the mental makeup for different era's, which we honestly don't know. Perhaps if the norm was being hacked/bodied, he would have adjusted. I guess I can leave it at that.

Hawkeye15
10-31-2018, 12:16 PM
@Jeffy, if the awards are handed out mid playoffs and a team goes over their alotted total of awards due to an NBA all defensive team selection for their starting small forward, can that player finish out the series or do they terminate his contract on the spot? Ooh or do they get to pick which guy to send packing via a tribal council?!? Just looking for clarity on the exciting new rule changes under your governance, mahalo.

If you get a 4th all NBA member, after it's announced, you must ship off one player to a team with no all NBA players immediately. Mid-game even.

valade16
10-31-2018, 12:16 PM
To put it in perspective,

Klay started 8/9 from 3. Then he went 5/10. Then he finished 1/5. It's obvious he was slowing down in terms of his hot shooting.

But chasing a record isn't exactly a new concept. Players were feeding Wilt the ball to get him 100. D-Rob was chasing points to get the scoring title. Kobe chucked his way to a 50 point game his last game out. Heck, like last year the Suns were force feeding Booker to 70.

I don't know if anyone gets quite as hot as Klay Thompson when he's hot. Larry Legend is the only one I can think of that could just get so scorching hot he simply doesn't miss.

Jeffy25
10-31-2018, 01:10 PM
So if a team has 3 players who qualify will the league require one to be traded? Cut? Or just not let them re-sign with the team? Seems unlikely in the extreme.

It's only to prevent acquisition.

So, an example would be....limit of 2 All-NBA top 3 teams within 3 years, no more than one All-NBA first teams.

So let's say LeBron James was an All-NBA first team player in 2017-2018

He could not play on a team with Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant, James Harden or Damian Lillard at all over the following three seasons (18-19, 19-20, 20-21). He could not play with Kawhii or Westbrook until 2020-2021 (assuming no more first team selection from LeBron, Kawhi or Westbrook), and couldn't play with Deandre or Curry until 19-20.

He could play with one of:
Aldridge, Giannis, Embiid, DeMar, George, Butler, KAT, Oladipo, Gobert, IT, Green, Wall, Cousins, Paul, Thompons or Lowry, but could not play with two of these guys.

So let's say Paul George had joined LeBron this past year. Those two guys couldn't add another player from this list to their squad. But if Kyle Kuzma developed into a third team All-NBA in 2018-2019 playing with this pair, that would be fine. The team could stay together. They simply couldn't add anyone else to the group.

Klay, Curry, and Green would be allowed to stay together. They wouldn't be allowed to add Durant, LeBron, Cousins, or anyone from this list though since all three have been selected to an All-NBA team.

Every year, anyone not selected in the last 3 years is removed (Klay Thompson hasn't been selected to a top 3 All-NBA team since 2015-2016, so if he isn't this year, then he'd be removed from this provision and could join pretty much every team. But this would keep someone like Jimmy Butler from being able to join the Spurs (DeMar and Aldridge), Raptors (Lowry and Kawhi), Warriors (Curry, Green, Durant, and Cousins), or Thunder (Westbrook and George) - assuming Kawhi re-signs.

He could remain with the Warriors, but in this argument, he never would have been playing with Durant and Cousins. And any team that adds a guy to this list could change things, like if Simmons is a top 3 All-NBA this year, he and Embiid would be prevented from being allowed to add someone from this list.

This is just a suggestion. There would also need to be limits on MVP's joining for example (maybe 5 years? Rose would be past that time period after the 15-16 season for example, but Harden and LeBron wouldn't be able to play together for a few more seasons). And the voting process would have to be vetted, so it's not political at any point.

You could also do things like All-Stars or first team defensive or whatever.

It's only about preventing acquisition. You can develop your stars, and should be allowed to keep them if you do. Jordan and Scottie should be allowed to stick together. They shouldn't be allowed to add Karl Malone at some point.

Vinylman
10-31-2018, 01:27 PM

so you think Klay is gonna take a shorter deal and half the money wall just got...

MMMMKAAAAAY

valade16
10-31-2018, 01:40 PM
I'm leery of any attempts to fix competitive balance considering after the Heat they tried to fix competitive balance and inadvertently made the least competitive NBA we've seen since perhaps the 60's.

I think KD joining the Warriors was a fluke result of a massive spike in revenues that was unfortunately allowed to coalesce at one time rather than a gradual increase in cap space. Short of that happening again, I cannot foresee another scenario where a KD level player joins a team as talented as the Warriors.

Hawkeye15
10-31-2018, 01:51 PM
I'm leery of any attempts to fix competitive balance considering after the Heat they tried to fix competitive balance and inadvertently made the least competitive NBA we've seen since perhaps the 60's.

I think KD joining the Warriors was a fluke result of a massive spike in revenues that was unfortunately allowed to coalesce at one time rather than a gradual increase in cap space. Short of that happening again, I cannot foresee another scenario where a KD level player joins a team as talented as the Warriors.

its one of the few factors that made the move just totally unprecedented. Never, in history, has such a great team ever had cap space like that. Nor will we ever see it again.

Hawkeye15
10-31-2018, 01:53 PM
so you think Klay is gonna take a shorter deal and half the money wall just got...

MMMMKAAAAAY

Yeah I mean these players say all the right things. But once they get what they wanted initially (rings, etc), they look around and want that money....

The Warriors will have to let one go. No way around it. 4 guys, all max worthy. Every one of them will want it. Plus it's not San Antonio, where you can buy a mansion for 500k. It's San ****ing Francisco. Where 1 million gets you a cute 3/2/1250 sq foot house stacked on top of 2 others.

Jeffy25
10-31-2018, 02:08 PM

But Cousins just joined them by taking a mid level deal, which exasperates this stuff.

Hawkeye15
10-31-2018, 02:10 PM
But Cousins just joined them by taking a mid level deal, which exasperates this stuff.

it does, but Cousins is a weird deal. He was hurt and going to miss a ton of time, and is a headache. I don't think it will be routine for a star in his peak to take those deals anytime soon. All of this was due to the cap spike. Every single part of it.

ewing
10-31-2018, 02:26 PM
these posts are going to look dumb when the Warriors lose this year. Anyway, one thing that they should be something about is all the mid season buy outs where vets on bad teams get to go to a contender.

Scoots
10-31-2018, 03:14 PM
yeah man, it was a barrage. The dude can just shoot, and needs like zero time to release it. Klay is a very impressive shooter. To be honest, he reminds me of exactly how I was. Obviously a MUCH lesser version haha, but I could shoot from anywhere, never really a driver, etc. So selfishly I love him, but I also just shake my head at the luxuries that team has haha

I was much more like Draymond. Every loose ball was mine, and constant sharp elbows and hip checks. And couldn't shoot worth a darn.

Scoots
10-31-2018, 03:21 PM
Yeah I mean these players say all the right things. But once they get what they wanted initially (rings, etc), they look around and want that money....

The Warriors will have to let one go. No way around it. 4 guys, all max worthy. Every one of them will want it. Plus it's not San Antonio, where you can buy a mansion for 500k. It's San ****ing Francisco. Where 1 million gets you a cute 3/2/1250 sq foot house stacked on top of 2 others.

I don't get how people talk about one of them leaving like it's a fact. They all can stay. They may not all stay, but they CAN be paid and they can stay. If they win the title this year I think they get offered the money they want to stay ... if they choose to leave it's the player not the money, and the only player talking about it is KD and he said it's about the money this year and no other team can pay him what the Warriors can.

Hawkeye15
10-31-2018, 03:24 PM
I don't get how people talk about one of them leaving like it's a fact. They all can stay. They may not all stay, but they CAN be paid and they can stay. If they win the title this year I think they get offered the money they want to stay ... if they choose to leave it's the player not the money, and the only player talking about it is KD and he said it's about the money this year and no other team can pay him what the Warriors can.

If they all stay, more than 1 of them will buck the trend of maxing out your money making ability as a pro in their peak. So I guess nothing shocks me, but I would be surprised if Klay doesn't sign for more money elsewhere.

COOLbeans
10-31-2018, 03:52 PM

At some point you need to pick your poison and help off Green/ the Centerís man. Curry is a great shooter and so is Durant but imo you donít let him get that record. They couldíve stopped the record, the Warriors most likely score regardless

COOLbeans
10-31-2018, 04:01 PM

His handles and strength are superior to Price who was a great player for his era as well. But Curry has demonstrated physicality, Iím not sure where youíre getting that from other than some bad playoff games and the zone era in which he plays.

Perhaps LeBron isnít LeBron either if there were hand checking? Maybe heís a Charles Barkley? This canít be argued because of hypotheticals

Hawkeye15
10-31-2018, 04:05 PM
His handles and strength are superior to Price who was a great player for his era as well. But Curry has demonstrated physicality, Iím not sure where youíre getting that from other than some bad playoff games and the zone era in which he plays.

Perhaps LeBron isnít LeBron either if there were hand checking? Maybe heís a Charles Barkley? This canít be argued because of hypotheticals

LeBron would thrive in the physical era. No zone in his way? Get the **** out of the way then...

We don't have baseline physical play on the perimeter like we used to. Curry would not be as impactful unless he packed on strength and at least played tougher than he appears (difficult to tell cause many times guys just act like pansies to get calls).

Why do people take it poorly that some guys are just able to handle physical contact better than others? Jimmy Butler for instance probably thrives on it years ago. It doesn't make him better, or worse, tougher, or weaker. Just the way he is..

Saying Kevin Durant could be contained more easily in an era with grabbing/hand checking isn't a criticism, anymore than saying Charles Oakley wouldn't be employed by the NBA today.

Saddletramp
10-31-2018, 04:39 PM
Is that how you felt about the rockets tryina get the record against the warriors?

Warriors weren't havin it, lol

But itís ok now? That was my whole point in this or the game thread.

COOLbeans
10-31-2018, 04:44 PM
LeBron would thrive in the physical era. No zone in his way? Get the **** out of the way then...

We don't have baseline physical play on the perimeter like we used to. Curry would not be as impactful unless he packed on strength and at least played tougher than he appears (difficult to tell cause many times guys just act like pansies to get calls).

Why do people take it poorly that some guys are just able to handle physical contact better than others? Jimmy Butler for instance probably thrives on it years ago. It doesn't make him better, or worse, tougher, or weaker. Just the way he is..

Saying Kevin Durant could be contained more easily in an era with grabbing/hand checking isn't a criticism, anymore than saying Charles Oakley wouldn't be employed by the NBA today.

I think the point guard in that era would have something to say about the number of possseions heíd get. Dude would probably be a PF and wouldíve come into the league bigger if not lankier depending on his skill set from high school (Garnett).

I wonder if he goes to college if he came up in the 80s? And what would his skill set be? Just some questions I have concerning eras

tredigs
10-31-2018, 04:55 PM
I mean, this guy is crushing every single era. Even without a 3pt line he's an All Star. Dude has a higher 2pt fg% than Joel Embiid and Anthony Davis for ****s sake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa_lw05TppE
^And that's before he peaked + had KD as a running mate.

valade16
10-31-2018, 04:55 PM
I don't think Steph would have the freedom he has today in an earlier era due to the physicality, but I still think he'd be better than Mark Price lol.

tredigs
10-31-2018, 05:02 PM
I don't think Steph would have the freedom he has today in an earlier era due to the physicality, but I still think he'd be better than Mark Price lol.

Easily better. His handles and finishing ability are tiers better. And Mark Price was a legitimate/deserving multi-time All-NBA point guard (1st Team alongside Jordan at guard at his peak).

Saddletramp
10-31-2018, 05:02 PM

MMMMKAAAAAY

At the end of the day, how much money do you really need. Klay grew up wealthy unlike a lot of guys in the NBA who didnít have NBA dads and he seems to not be the kind of guy to throw around money like crazy on houses and cars. He also seems like the kind of guy where heíd take winning and happiness over more money and losing, especially after heís so used to winning. Itís not like heíll be making the vet min and itís not like he doesnít have insane deals like nasty was saying.

Vinylman
10-31-2018, 05:05 PM

yeah but there were other contributing factors... honestly Cuban was pretty stupid to take on Bogut so cheaply... should have got more

Also, the real key was Harrison barnes turning down the extension he was offered the prior fall. If he had taken that the Warriors would have had zero cap or at least would have had to make deals.

The KD deal was key but the exceptions and bird rights BS is what is really going to extend the warriors run. The league has to phase out the exceptions at some point

Saddletramp
10-31-2018, 05:06 PM
it does, but Cousins is a weird deal. He was hurt and going to miss a ton of time, and is a headache. I don't think it will be routine for a star in his peak to take those deals anytime soon. All of this was due to the cap spike. Every single part of it.

And they wonít have his Bird Rights so if he kicks *** this year and shows his injury doesnít affect him like itís affected others, heíll go to whomever can give the most or close to it. He wonít be taking a 75% pay cut over the next 3 years to wait to get his Bird Rights. Then again, Iím sure Lacomb is hooking him up under the table if he stays.

Saddletramp
10-31-2018, 05:10 PM

I love how he says itís about the money now that they can offer more than anyone else. Itís about a lot of money and not having to struggle to win a ring. Every year for this ****ing guy. If Curry, Klay, Cousins and Draymond all get their legs amputated in the next 6 months, heís not staying no matter how good the money is.

Vinylman
10-31-2018, 05:15 PM

The only guy that might take less is klayÖ there is zero chance Draymond takes a significant cut... his game will not age well and he will be a free agent a year later than Klay.

Will the team max everyone? That is nice talk but highly unlikely. Anyway, all this is contingent on Durant staying which I think won't be the case. Especially if they win it this year.

Vinylman
10-31-2018, 05:20 PM
At the end of the day, how much money do you really need. Klay grew up wealthy unlike a lot of guys in the NBA who didnít have NBA dads and he seems to not be the kind of guy to throw around money like crazy on houses and cars. He also seems like the kind of guy where heíd take winning and happiness over more money and losing, especially after heís so used to winning. Itís not like heíll be making the vet min and itís not like he doesnít have insane deals like nasty was saying.

its pride dude... what I responded to was an absurd deal 4/88 that is like leaving $60 million on the table in a 4 year deal... not to mention the 5th year

anyway... it doesn't sound like he is gonna take a discount anyway

https://warriorswire.usatoday.com/2018/10/16/report-klay-thompson-will-not-take-team-discount-in-free-agency/

valade16
10-31-2018, 05:32 PM
its pride dude... what I responded to was an absurd deal 4/88 that is like leaving $60 million on the table in a 4 year deal... not to mention the 5th year

https://warriorswire.usatoday.com/2018/10/16/report-klay-thompson-will-not-take-team-discount-in-free-agency/

It's amazing how sports fans delude themselves into thinking "this one doesn't care about money because he's already mad a ton", but 99% of the time, they take the most money.

Saddletramp
10-31-2018, 05:34 PM

Donít get me wrong, thatíll be great if that team gets broken up, but it wonít. Iíll sig bet you for an entire year.

Of course, if Curry retires because he breaks his hip on a drive or if Green talks **** to the wrong college kid, things could always change.

Jeffy25
10-31-2018, 06:54 PM

I thought there were cap restrictions on how many guys you could max out?

Or does it just put the Warriors over the luxury cap and make the team so expensive that they just lose money every year?

Scoots
10-31-2018, 11:05 PM
It's amazing how sports fans delude themselves into thinking "this one doesn't care about money because he's already mad a ton", but 99% of the time, they take the most money.

KD, Klay, and Green have already left money on the table on deals. It's not exactly impossible they might do it again. But we won't know until we know.

I think they all stay if they win the ring because they will get more money to stay and have a chance to go for 4 in a row.

Scoots
10-31-2018, 11:09 PM
I thought there were cap restrictions on how many guys you could max out?

Or does it just put the Warriors over the luxury cap and make the team so expensive that they just lose money every year?

There are a maximum of 2 Designated players for the super-max contracts, but Curry is the only Warrior eligible for that. There is no limit on the number of max contracts on the roster other than the amount of pain the owners are willing to suffer through.

IKnowHoops
11-01-2018, 01:32 AM

I donít like a guy s being a message because heís not good enough to guard d him.

nastynice
11-01-2018, 01:43 AM

Yup, to me it seem curry likes physicality a little, yes it makes him have to adjust and can't catch his flow as well, but mentality it definitely seems to elevate his game, he stays locked the **** in on defense and on the boards. He's not built for physicality but he most definitely seems to welcome the challenge.

nastynice
11-01-2018, 01:47 AM
yeah but there were other contributing factors... honestly Cuban was pretty stupid to take on Bogut so cheaply... should have got more

Also, the real key was Harrison barnes turning down the extension he was offered the prior fall. If he had taken that the Warriors would have had zero cap or at least would have had to make deals.

The KD deal was key but the exceptions and bird rights BS is what is really going to extend the warriors run. The league has to phase out the exceptions at some point

Can you imagine the league implementing new rules to specifically try and help balance how good the warriors are? Haha, man that'd be something

nastynice
11-01-2018, 01:49 AM

Shhh. Let em chuck :)

nastynice
11-01-2018, 01:49 AM
I donít like a guy s being a message because heís not good enough to guard d him.

I don't mind, so long as there is no injury risk. But a lil extra oomph on a foul, I get that

Vinylman
11-01-2018, 11:37 AM

yeah... what is even funnier is when they buy into the BS that the guy "took a discount" when those are generally very small numbers in the grand scheme of things.

Only 2 guys have really taken a massive cut to play for the dubs

West and Cousins

Vinylman
11-01-2018, 11:38 AM
KD, Klay, and Green have already left money on the table on deals. It's not exactly impossible they might do it again. But we won't know until we know.

I think they all stay if they win the ring because they will get more money to stay and have a chance to go for 4 in a row.

case in point... delusion... the amount of money you are talking about is peanuts compared to what they would need to leave on the table now for it to matter to the teams LT situation

likemystylez
11-01-2018, 04:10 PM
yeah... what is even funnier is when they buy into the BS that the guy "took a discount" when those are generally very small numbers in the grand scheme of things.

West and Cousins

The massive discount for west was actually when he left the pacers to go and play for the spurs. Signing with the warriors for the vet minimum might hav ebeen a small discount but he had nothing imminent on the table when he signed for the dubs in the summer of 2016.

tredigs
11-01-2018, 04:25 PM
The massive discount for west was actually when he left the pacers to go and play for the spurs. Signing with the warriors for the vet minimum might hav ebeen a small discount but he had nothing imminent on the table when he signed for the dubs in the summer of 2016.

This is true. And nobody was maxing out Cousins either. An MLE for a partial year of Cousins as a mystery was likely around his open market value.

Vinylman
11-01-2018, 04:33 PM

really? you might want to go look at what he opted out

like I said Ö delusional

Scoots
11-01-2018, 09:56 PM
case in point... delusion... the amount of money you are talking about is peanuts compared to what they would need to leave on the table now for it to matter to the teams LT situation

Fact, not delusion. I made no claim as to degree. And yes, there is virtually no way the Warriors get out of the repeater tax.

FlashBolt
11-01-2018, 10:22 PM
LeBron would also dominate the 90's. No zone defense = lebron would run over the defenders and before the opponents can set their defense, it's too late. Every time, LeBron would be unstoppable attacking the rim. Sure, there will be more physicality but that works both ways.

Stephen Curry, IMO, it isn't even about physcality with him. I think his shooting would just mind**** everyone trying to guard him. it's tough to imagine how a guy like Curry would impact the game during the 90's or any other era. The guy literally shoots the ball like it's a layup. they're going to have to play real physical and make sure Curry doesn't get any space to get his shot set but since he's so damn quick with his release, good luck.

Rules make the game and quite frankly, a great player will be able to adjust to any era. It's the guys who have a set skill set who will suffer the most. Oakley wouldn't have been allowed to play in the NBA today because his shtick doesn't work presently. Guys who just rebounded and couldn't score but played rough defense, yeah, sorry but you're better off being a security guard or a bouncer for some nightclub.

Chronz
11-01-2018, 10:37 PM

West and Cousins

Zaza too

Saddletramp
11-01-2018, 11:36 PM
really? you might want to go look at what he opted out

like I said Ö delusional

He left a huge amount when he left the Pacers. $12 million, I think. He signed with SA for the vet minimum for one year and then moved over to GS for the vet minimum. So no, he didnít take a ďmassiveĒ pay cut to join the Warriors. He made just as much the year before he joined them as he did in the years he played there. . But I imagine thereís more endorsement opportunities in GS and Iím pretty sure theyíre all getting tech hookups from Lacobís buddies.

And like Tre said, Cousins wasnít getting a long term big contract until he can prove that heís back and worth it. If heís back full strength and ready for next year and takes another one year $4 million deal to stay there, then weíll talk.