PDA

View Full Version : Where does Coach Bud rank as far as off-season acquisitions go?

Giannis94
10-29-2018, 09:59 PM
Let's talk. Lakers are paying Lebron $150 some mill for 4 years; CP3 similar, Lavine $20m , etc all the other top guys are similar. But there is one that has had just as big of an impact, if not bigger- than any other FA signed. Bucks are paying Coach Budenholzer, what? $5-7 mill AAV? He has to be at the top of the off-season FA acquisition list, no?

You have to think that if the Lakers got Bud, they wouldn't be struggling to beat the Wolves right now. Or some of the other games they've lost

Bucks aren't just winning. They're blowing teams out, including 4 playoff teams including the Raptors who are also without their top player as the Bucks are without theirs.

7-0 and that puts us on pace for the record Wins in a season. #nomorebuckingaround

Twolves88
10-29-2018, 10:04 PM
We get you like the bucks.... however, your schedule has been so freaking favorable to your team its been ridiculous.

How about we wait until at least mid season before we declare the bucks the kings of the league?

Giannis94
10-29-2018, 10:08 PM
We get you like the bucks.... however, your schedule has been so freaking favorable to your team its been ridiculous.

How about we wait until at least mid season before we declare the bucks the kings of the league?

I never said I didn't like the bucks. Favorable? We just took out the #2 team in the east on a neutralized setting. them missing their best player and vice versa.And the team in PA gets a lot of hype because they're talented. But we done our business.

:cheers:

TrueFan420
10-29-2018, 10:23 PM
Lol at on pace for the record wins... dude we're 7 games in. Pump the breaks. They look better and a lot of that is finally having a real coach. It was a great addition but pump the breaks.

buckalis
10-30-2018, 08:34 AM

Yes... he is provocative, almost as much as the Lakers fans in here...

However, this season's Bucks do seem to be a team that can beat everybody in the league and the metamorphosis is undeniably due to coach Bud...

A team doesn't jump from 25th in the league on shooting 3s to first in only six months by magic, nor the defense and rebounding improvement can be accidental if they rank among the first places within the league's teams, while being among the worst last season...

All in all, the Bucks do look scary this season and the team's performance is expected to improve further, since the new coach is for too short a time with the team as to fully implement his tactics on the roster...

I expect that the Bucks will make more than 60 wins this season, will take the east and play to the finals... If they can add Butler, I expect them to beat GSW in the finals.

Hawkeye15
10-30-2018, 09:24 AM

I didn't realize how easy their schedule has been, dang. Bud was able to get Atlanta to overachieve, and I have always thought he was a good coach. He doesn't have enough history to claim anything good or bad per say, but he has done well to date.

Hawkeye15
10-30-2018, 09:26 AM
god, to be young. Some of you know nothing of NBA history. Bad, and meh teams have started on fire and faded a million times. You shouldn't even believe something that has changed drastically is sustainable for at least 1-2 years, let alone 7 ****ing games haha

buckalis
10-30-2018, 10:50 AM
I didn't realize how easy their schedule has been, dang. Bud was able to get Atlanta to overachieve, and I have always thought he was a good coach. He doesn't have enough history to claim anything good or bad per say, but he has done well to date.

Easy shedule?

Yeah... (literally) cruching down the Sixers, the Wolves and now the Raptors without Giannis in the roster... looks like the whole season schedule will be easier. At the end of the season, I bet one would be able to say: "the Bucks had this record, because they were on easier schedule than all the rest"... LOOOL

WaDe03
10-30-2018, 10:58 AM
Easy shedule?

Yeah... (literally) cruching down the Sixers, the Wolves and now the Raptors without Giannis in the roster... looks like the whole season schedule will be easier. At the end of the season, I bet one would be able to say: "the Bucks had this record, because they were on easier schedule than all the rest"... LOOOL

You played a sick Jimmy and no Kawhi and the Sixers are struggling a little early on.

Hawkeye15
10-30-2018, 11:17 AM
Easy shedule?

Yes, your schedule has been soft. The Wolves are in dissray, any other decent team you faced was in Milwaukee, you caught Philly on a back to back, and have feasted on bad teams otherwise.

While I am sure you will hang around long enough for me to ignore you entirely, dude, calm down about the Bucks. They are a pedestrian NBA team with a great player who has limitations. Relax, and enjoy the season.

buckalis
10-30-2018, 11:36 AM
Yes, your schedule has been soft. The Wolves are in dissray, any other decent team you faced was in Milwaukee, you caught Philly on a back to back, and have feasted on bad teams otherwise.

While I am sure you will hang around long enough for me to ignore you entirely, dude, calm down about the Bucks. They are a pedestrian NBA team with a great player who has limitations. Relax, and enjoy the season.

Buddy.... not sure why you want to cease down the few fully justifiable posts about the Bucks that are done here while you have no objection on all the crap that is posted here all the time, but the Bucks are currently the NBA leading team and surely there should be more basketball talks on the the ones that currently rank higher than the rest...

Also mind you, that the Bucks will surely have TWO Allstars in their roster by Feb on Middleton joining Giannis and perhaps THREE if Brogdon keeps playing like he does (which is miles ahead of any Kyrie or Dragic).

I wonder when all this unjustifiable meanness will stop destroying this forum..

Surely the credibility of PSD is highly damaged byhaving people attacking justifiable posts instead of discussing a subject... especially if their own house is burning and instead of looking how they can stop the fire, they'd rather imagine that there is fire on other houses next to theirs...

WaDe03
10-30-2018, 11:53 AM
Middleton and Middleton will be all stars this year, will Giannis.

Rivera
10-30-2018, 12:00 PM
easily the best acquisition of the offseason, in the discussion for the greatest offseason acquisition of all time. 7-0 on pace to be 82-0. Bud has a chance to be the first coach to win MVP!

The Bucks FO has a chance, to lock up executives of the year if they make just one move, just one

This is a great trade for all parties involved

Hawks receive: Dellavedova, Henson and 3x2nd picks from Bucks, Wolves & Kings

Kings receive: Dieng, Morris & Frazier and 2019 1st from Wolves

Wolves receive: Middleton, Bazemore & T.Maker and 2021 1st from Bucks

Bucks receive: Butler & Koufos

buckalis
10-30-2018, 03:29 PM
easily the best acquisition of the offseason, in the discussion for the greatest offseason acquisition of all time. 7-0 on pace to be 82-0. Bud has a chance to be the first coach to win MVP!

The Bucks FO has a chance, to lock up executives of the year if they make just one move, just one

This is a great trade for all parties involved

Hawks receive: Dellavedova, Henson and 3x2nd picks from Bucks, Wolves & Kings

Kings receive: Dieng, Morris & Frazier and 2019 1st from Wolves

Wolves receive: Middleton, Bazemore & T.Maker and 2021 1st from Bucks

Bucks receive: Butler & Koufos

Actually, this is even better:

1. WOLVES receive: Snell, Maker, P.J.Warren & S.Brown + a 2020 1st + a 2019 2nd from Bucks,

2. SUNS receive: M. Dellavedova, J.Meeks, J. Morris, D.J. Wilson + a 2019 2nd from Bucks,

3. BUCKS receive: Butler & Chandler...

Ignore list for another brainless troll...

Hawkeye15
10-30-2018, 03:35 PM
Buddy.... not sure why you want to cease down the few fully justifiable posts about the Bucks that are done here while you have no objection on all the crap that is posted here all the time, but the Bucks are currently the NBA leading team and surely there should be more basketball talks on the the ones that currently rank higher than the rest...

Also mind you, that the Bucks will surely have TWO Allstars in their roster by Feb on Middleton joining Giannis and perhaps THREE if Brogdon keeps playing like he does (which is miles ahead of any Kyrie or Dragic).

I wonder when all this unjustifiable meanness will stop destroying this forum..

Surely the credibility of PSD is highly damaged byhaving people attacking justifiable posts instead of discussing a subject... especially if their own house is burning and instead of looking how they can stop the fire, they'd rather imagine that there is fire on other houses next to theirs...

Bud had 4 all stars and 60 wins with Atlanta, and got toasted when the real games started. Talent trumps coaching most of the time.

Look, I am not sure why you are bewildered on why people aren't taking your posts seriously. But it's the Milwaukee Bucks. Who haven't been good in forever. Yes, Giannis is a terrific player. But the rest of the roster has shown nothing. They should be very good this year, and win over 50 games. But can we at least let them do that, before talking about how amazing they are? It reminds me of how every site/person speaks of Brad Stevens as this John Wooden level coach. Let him fkin prove it first, my god.

I guess I have learned the hard way. For example, the 01-02' Wolves, were 30-10 entering the break. Then reverted back to being the Wolves. By all means, if the Bucks are a 60 win team 8 months from now, they will be getting all the credit in the world.

Just getting sick of all the Bucks talk. They ain't the Lakers.

Rivera
10-30-2018, 03:54 PM
Actually, this is even better:

1. WOLVES receive: Snell, Maker, P.J.Warren & S.Brown + a 2020 1st + a 2019 2nd from Bucks,

2. SUNS receive: M. Dellavedova, J.Meeks, J. Morris, D.J. Wilson + a 2019 2nd from Bucks,

3. BUCKS receive: Butler & Chandler...

Ignore list for another brainless troll...

Brainless? Man you must not like the Bucks then. They are the most improved team with the best facilities. Once they rid that cancer no defense playing Jabari they got better. The Bucks made some great moves in the offseason including hiring an underrated coach who won 60 games. The Bucks have the best player in the league and probably the best #2 option with Middleton.

The best player in the east + the best facilities + the best coach = NBA Championship! The Bucks are legit and can really beat GSW. #FearTheDeer

buckalis
10-30-2018, 04:23 PM
Brainless? Man you must not like the Bucks then. They are the most improved team with the best facilities. Once they rid that cancer no defense playing Jabari they got better. The Bucks made some great moves in the offseason including hiring an underrated coach who won 60 games. The Bucks have the best player in the league and probably the best #2 option with Middleton.

The best player in the east + the best facilities + the best coach = NBA Championship! The Bucks are legit and can really beat GSW. #FearTheDeer

Brainless, simply because you keep reproducing a trade proposal of mine, in a manner as to be sarcastic against me, that was perfectly feasible before the rosters would have to come down to 15 players... and furthermore brainless, because you never asked why this was a win-win-win-win proposal, because you never bothered to examine what the Hawks where doing back then (and then you didn't bother to ask on the reasoning behind the proposal), but prefered to try and bully me instead... (although that's impossible coming from anyone here against me)... which is like bullying yourself considering MY level of basket ball knowledge....

I'll give you one more chance, but if you try to bully again when you quote to me, I'll have you humiliated in public before I put you back in my ignore list...

buckalis
10-30-2018, 04:33 PM
Bud had 4 all stars and 60 wins with Atlanta, and got toasted when the real games started. Talent trumps coaching most of the time.

Look, I am not sure why you are bewildered on why people aren't taking your posts seriously. But it's the Milwaukee Bucks. Who haven't been good in forever. Yes, Giannis is a terrific player. But the rest of the roster has shown nothing. They should be very good this year, and win over 50 games. But can we at least let them do that, before talking about how amazing they are? It reminds me of how every site/person speaks of Brad Stevens as this John Wooden level coach. Let him fkin prove it first, my god.

I guess I have learned the hard way. For example, the 01-02' Wolves, were 30-10 entering the break. Then reverted back to being the Wolves. By all means, if the Bucks are a 60 win team 8 months from now, they will be getting all the credit in the world.

Best thing if you get sick on Bucks talks and go back "discussing" the Lakers and Wolves circus within the rest of the clowns that are there...

I guess nobody that gets sick on smth paticipates in what would make him more sick and make all other fans throw because if his sickness... simple logic ain't it? ...Don't humiliate yourself further then...

Rivera
10-30-2018, 04:35 PM
Brainless, simply because you keep reproducing a trade proposal of mine, in a manner as to be sarcastic against me, that was perfectly feasible before the rosters would have to come down to 15 players... and furthermore brainless, because you never asked why this was a win-win-win-win proposal, because you never bothered to examine what the Hawks where doing back then (and then you didn't bother to ask on the reasoning behind the proposal), but prefered to try and bully me instead... (although that's impossible coming from anyone here against me)... which is like bullying yourself considering MY level of basket ball knowledge....

I'll give you one more chance, but if you try to bully again when you quote to me, I'll have you humiliated in public before I put you back in my ignore list...

bully? Im a Bucks supporter! I thought Bucks supporters were supposed to stick together?

The Bucks confidence is through the roof! I cant help but to be bullish about the amazing start the Bucks are having, they are the only team in the NBA undefeated, they have a new coach who is employing good tactics and the bucks have the Greek God. The Bucks also have a better record than the Warriors. The Bucks have the best margin in the league and averaging over 120 points

I dont think its unreasonable for the Bucks to finish 82-0

plus I like the 4 team trade I proposed that would be beneficial to all teams more than the 3 team trade

buckalis
10-30-2018, 04:39 PM

bully? Im a Bucks supporter! I thought Bucks supporters were supposed to stick together?

The Bucks confidence is through the roof! I cant help but to be bullish about the amazing start the Bucks are having, they are the only team in the NBA undefeated, they have a new coach who is employing good tactics and the bucks have the Greek God. The Bucks also have a better record than the Warriors. The Bucks have the best margin in the league and averaging over 120 points

I dont think its unreasonable for the Bucks to finish 82-0

plus I like the 4 team trade I proposed that would be beneficial to all teams more than the 3 team trade

Ignor list, the Bucks don't want you...

Hawkeye15
10-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Best thing if you get sick on Bucks talks and go back "discussing" the Lakers and Wolves circus within the rest of the clowns that are there...

I guess nobody that gets sick on smth paticipates in what would make him more sick and make all other fans throw because if his sickness... simple logic ain't it? ...Don't humiliate yourself further then...

I am reminded daily why the NBA forum pretty much sucks now.

Good luck with the season dude.

Rivera
10-30-2018, 05:00 PM
Ignor list, the Bucks don't want you...

ive been a Bucks supporter since Rafer Alston was a Buck!

Hawkeye15
10-30-2018, 05:09 PM
ive been a Bucks supporter since Rafer Alston was a Buck!

Skip to my Lou?

Rivera
10-30-2018, 05:17 PM
Skip to my Lou?

yessir! he broke into the league as a Buck, didnt get much playing time, but I still love Skip to My Lou.

I will never forgive Stan Van Gundy benching Skip to give a returning Jameer Nelson more minutes in the nba finals when Jameer didnt play for months and Skip had the Magics team heart beat during that playoff run. I thought he was fun and fantastic during that 1 playoff run

WaDe03
10-30-2018, 05:44 PM
Oh my god lmao! There’s 3 Bucks fans on here and they’re all terrible.

cmellofan15
10-30-2018, 05:54 PM
With any luck they'll finally make the jump to the 6th seed in the AMAZING Eastern Conference this year!!!

Rivera
10-30-2018, 06:36 PM
Oh my god lmao! There’s 3 Bucks fans on here and they’re all terrible.

the millerhighlife poster is solid

Giannis94
10-30-2018, 09:15 PM

They ain't the Lakers? The Lakers ain't us! And that's a daggum good thing for us. Bucks are 7-0. Not a doubt in my mind Lebron is already regretting his decision to sign there.

Twolves88
10-31-2018, 12:09 AM
They ain't the Lakers? The Lakers ain't us! And that's a daggum good thing for us. Bucks are 7-0. Not a doubt in my mind Lebron is already regretting his decision to sign there.

Your missing the point or more so ignoring it.

The 7-0 bucks have done NOTHING relevant in the last 10 years. What he is saying is that 7-0 is nothing to be excited about because a season is 82 games not 7.

If the bucks can keep up this pace it would be good for small market teams and be good for the NBA. However, it is unlikely to sustain esp when they have had an extremely favorable home based schedule. Let's see how they handle the trip west.

Hawkeye15
10-31-2018, 09:47 AM

What I mean is, the Lakers have a zillion fans. Even more when they have a reason to be popular. The Bucks, have like 30 fans. So why we have multiple threads regarding the Bucks I don't understand.

Again, it's 7 games. Nothing has been proven yet. Just relax already.

buckalis
10-31-2018, 11:49 AM
What I mean is, the Lakers have a zillion fans. Even more when they have a reason to be popular. The Bucks, have like 30 fans. So why we have multiple threads regarding the Bucks I don't understand.

Again, it's 7 games. Nothing has been proven yet. Just relax already.

Actually, it's 28.5 fans that the Bucks have and they bought all those 11K season tickets and 60 suites in fiserv forum, so that they can invite their friends and have parties...

The Bucks owners were so stupid to built a 530M state of the art arena for only 11.8 fans going, while the rest 17.7 of fans remaining are spread in 200 countries all over the world and are watching the games from TV...

Then, Giannis shirt is 2nd in sales among NBA fans, because the Lakers fans are buying them as to give t he Bucks some charity and Giannis was voted 2nd in All Star voting last season, because the Chinese were voting for Giannis, in their attempt to sabotage Lebron's fans....

And of course the TV rights broadcast money, where the Bucks rank among the top teams, are because the Russians are buying them, so that they can support the US state that has weather worst than Siberia....

Ignore list.

LaVar Ball
10-31-2018, 11:53 AM
Let's talk. Lakers are paying Lebron $150 some mill for 4 years; CP3 similar, Lavine $20m , etc all the other top guys are similar. But there is one that has had just as big of an impact, if not bigger- than any other FA signed. Bucks are paying Coach Budenholzer, what? $5-7 mill AAV? He has to be at the top of the off-season FA acquisition list, no?

You have to think that if the Lakers got Bud, they wouldn't be struggling to beat the Wolves right now. Or some of the other games they've lost

Bucks aren't just winning. They're blowing teams out, including 4 playoff teams including the Raptors who are also without their top player as the Bucks are without theirs.

7-0 and that puts us on pace for the record Wins in a season. #nomorebuckingaround

Good regular season team

They’ll be out in 4 or 5 games of the second round in the east

Not even close to championship caliber.

Get real