PDA

View Full Version : Rank these PGs

WaDe03
10-29-2018, 01:22 PM
Rank these PGs in order based on what weíve seen so far this year and how you think their play will fall off/pick up as the season goes on.

Wall, Kemba, Lillard, Kyrie, Lowry, Simmons.

FlashBolt
10-29-2018, 01:25 PM
Are we talking about in terms of individual stats or leading a team? i think Kemba, Lillard, and Kyrie are probably on the same tier since stylistically, they're practically the same players.

R. Johnson#3
10-29-2018, 01:28 PM
Well if it based on this year then itíd go like this.

Lillard
Lowry
Kemba
Simmons
Wall
Kyrie

valade16
10-29-2018, 01:28 PM
Lillard and Kemba have statistically been the best thus far, but there is a near 0 chance either can keep up their current level of play.

FlashBolt
10-29-2018, 01:30 PM
crazy how far wall has fallen off. I think not so long ago, he was ranked higher than the rest of these guys. dude made his money and doesn't care, probably.

WaDe03
10-29-2018, 01:32 PM
Lillard and Kemba have statistically been the best thus far, but there is a near 0 chance either can keep up their current level of play.

You think the pace falls off soon? Their shooting percentages arenít really anything crazy, theyíre just getting more possessions I think. Seems like the whole league is going with this pace and space game now and are just running like crazy so Iím not sure theyíll fall off too much.

WaDe03
10-29-2018, 01:34 PM
Are we talking about in terms of individual stats or leading a team? i think Kemba, Lillard, and Kyrie are probably on the same tier since stylistically, they're practically the same players.

Full package, basically just whoís the best player and player you would want over any, listed in order.

Going based on what weíve seen this year so far due to the pace being so crazy (think itís helped Kemba a lot) and whether or not you think theyíll keep it up or fall off. In Kyries case, I would have to assume heís going to step up and play a lot better but maybe that knee is doing him in.

WaDe03
10-29-2018, 01:38 PM
Iím going to go:

Lillard
Kemba
Lowry
Simmons
Wall
Kyrie

Kyrie has been god awful so far and I want to say heíll be at worst the 3rd best on this list by seasons end but idk because of the injuries/surgeries. He may be damaged goods.

valade16
10-29-2018, 01:39 PM
You think the pace falls off soon? Their shooting percentages arenít really anything crazy, theyíre just getting more possessions I think. Seems like the whole league is going with this pace and space game now and are just running like crazy so Iím not sure theyíll fall off too much.

Lillard is just playing vastly more efficient than he ever has or than what is likely sustainable. His PER is 33.5, which I think would be the highest ever for a full season. His TS% is at .650 and his career best was .594 last season. He's also getting to the line a lot more than years past (10 FTA to 7.4 last year) and he's not turning the ball over at all (2 TO to 2.8 last year).

He's just playing at an ungodly efficiency level right now, which I don't think is sustainable. But if it is (or at least he plays close to this level all season) he will have taken the next step in development.

ewing
10-29-2018, 01:39 PM
crazy how far wall has fallen off. I think not so long ago, he was ranked higher than the rest of these guys. dude made his money and doesn't care, probably.

Just b/c you ranked him higher doesn't mean he was better

WaDe03
10-29-2018, 01:45 PM
Lillard is just playing vastly more efficient than he ever has or than what is likely sustainable. His PER is 33.5, which I think would be the highest ever for a full season. His TS% is at .650 and his career best was .594 last season. He's also getting to the line a lot more than years past (10 FTA to 7.4 last year) and he's not turning the ball over at all (2 TO to 2.8 last year).

He's just playing at an ungodly efficiency level right now, which I don't think is sustainable. But if it is (or at least he plays close to this level all season) he will have taken the next step in development.

Good points. Iím hoping heís just taken that next step as heís one of my favorite players. Unfortunately for me it doesnít look like heíll be on the trade block this year with the way things have started but idk.

R. Johnson#3
10-29-2018, 01:48 PM

I think Kemba will be able to keep up the scoring based on the fact that nobody else on his team can score the basketball.

Kyle Lowry is quietly playing the best basketball of his career though. I donít expect him to shoot 58% all year but I do think heíll be right around 50% on the season. He is really picking his spots now and isnít running around burning himself out, dribbling through multiple guys in the paint and taking contested threes. His assist to turnover ratio is better than ever and the defense has always been there.

Hawkeye15
10-29-2018, 02:08 PM

well, I haven't watched him yet this year, but the moment, and I mean the nanosecond, his speed drops, he is done. It's literally all he has, the ability to shove the ball down your throat with speed.

WaDe03
10-29-2018, 02:22 PM
Is Kyrie damaged goods or will he get back to his ways?

aman_13
10-29-2018, 03:08 PM
Wall looks like he's added some weight. Doesn't look as quick but I've only seen them twice.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
10-29-2018, 03:47 PM
problem with Kyrie is he's a scorer and it's tough to get going when you're stuck on a team where four other players (including himself) are also capable scorers. In cleveland, he could dictate the offense just as much as LeBron. I like Kyrie but Hayward being back into the lineup has hurt him tremendously. I wonder if Boston would be willing to part ways with Tatum or Brown because IMO, they should look to get rid of Hayward and get Davis in a package.

As for Wall, yeah, he bulked up a lot. not sure if injuries are bugging him so he wanted to be more sustainable but his speed was his best asset and now he's not even using it the way he was capable of

FlashBolt
10-29-2018, 03:49 PM
Kemba will have the greenlight to shoot whenevre he wants so I can see him sustaining it enough to where it's not a noticeable difference. Lillard's just on a hot streak but we've seen stretches where that can all change in an instant for guards. I'm not sure I can trust Lillard as developing until he cleans up last year's playoff performance this season. that completely changed my opinion of him. Lowry is probably going to be the most consistent player for the regular season. Really hope Toronto can pull it off. Kawhi fits perfectly there.

Hawkeye15
10-29-2018, 03:50 PM
problem with Kyrie is he's a scorer and it's tough to get going when you're stuck on a team where four other players (including himself) are also capable scorers. In cleveland, he could dictate the offense just as much as LeBron. I like Kyrie but Hayward being back into the lineup has hurt him tremendously. I wonder if Boston would be willing to part ways with Tatum or Brown because IMO, they should look to get rid of Hayward and get Davis in a package.

As for Wall, yeah, he bulked up a lot. not sure if injuries are bugging him so he wanted to be more sustainable but his speed was his best asset and now he's not even using it the way he was capable of

I was telling my friend the Hayward signing ended up being stupid, because you don't go pay a guy insane money to be a 12-14 ppg guy, which is all he will be there. Obviously they didn't know their draft picks would turn into gold, but still.

But, there are worse problems to have than having too many guys who can score. It would be easy to move anyone on their roster.

FlashBolt
10-29-2018, 04:34 PM
I was telling my friend the Hayward signing ended up being stupid, because you don't go pay a guy insane money to be a 12-14 ppg guy, which is all he will be there. Obviously they didn't know their draft picks would turn into gold, but still.

But, there are worse problems to have than having too many guys who can score. It would be easy to move anyone on their roster.

He wasn't even THAT good in Utah. I'm not sure what Boston saw in him. It's arguably the best sports city and I'm sure they could've gotten some better players.

Hawkeye15
10-29-2018, 04:38 PM
He wasn't even THAT good in Utah. I'm not sure what Boston saw in him. It's arguably the best sports city and I'm sure they could've gotten some better players.

I thought he was very good in Utah, but still not worth the max.

Chronz
10-29-2018, 06:33 PM
So are the days of cp3 producing at an elite level gone?

Jamiecballer
10-29-2018, 06:42 PM
The order seems pretty definitive to me

1 Lillard
1a Lowry
1b Walker

4 Wall
5 Simmons
6 Irving

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

aman_13
10-29-2018, 07:44 PM
With switching and defenses zoning in and the pace potentially slowing down, you can never have enough scoring.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
10-29-2018, 08:06 PM
Iím going to go:

Lillard
Kemba
Lowry
Simmons
Wall
Kyrie

Kyrie has been god awful so far and I want to say heíll be at worst the 3rd best on this list by seasons end but idk because of the injuries/surgeries. He may be damaged goods.

edit- nvm egg on my face. This is correct. I thought we were going by last year lol.

valade16
10-29-2018, 08:08 PM
Lowry above ben is disgusting. Ben was better last year by quite a bit. This is what i mean about understanding defense... ben simmons is one of the best defensive PG in the NBA by far where is lowry is a scorer... Ben was across the board better than lowry last year... Besides Kyrie on this list lowry is the worst defensively.

I thought Lowry was good defensively? Also, I think the worst defender on this list is Lillard, maybe Kyrie now or Kemba (not sure of his defense).

More-Than-Most
10-29-2018, 08:21 PM
I thought Lowry was good defensively? Also, I think the worst defender on this list is Lillard, maybe Kyrie now or Kemba (not sure of his defense).

lowry has been one of the best players this year.. last year he was bad.. i thought this list was going by last year.

you are correct about 1 thing though... lowry was the 12th best defensive pg... i assumed these guys were above him with him being 12th best. I was wrong lol...

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/year/2018/sort/DRPM/position/1

This shows how great ball/simmons were at defense last year. Also It further shows how CP3 is still one of the best defensive PG

More-Than-Most
10-29-2018, 08:26 PM
lowry has been rediculous this year... he just needs to keep shooting like he is at such a high pct.

More-Than-Most
10-29-2018, 08:28 PM

per last year its def kemba and kyrie... kyrie got injured kyrie is probably the worst defender on this board.

Defense would be

Simmons
Lowry
Wall
Lillard
Kemba/kyrie

off of last year. how long has lilard been this bad defensively? I am shocked by rondo and lillards DRPM.

ewing
10-29-2018, 08:53 PM
per last year its def kemba and kyrie... kyrie got injured kyrie is probably the worst defender on this board.

Defense would be

Simmons
Lowry
Wall
Lillard
Kemba/kyrie

off of last year. how long has lilard been this bad defensively? I am shocked by rondo and lillards DRPM.

I think thatís a fake stat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
10-29-2018, 09:13 PM
I think thatís a fake stat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol nobody else has to use it. I am not gonna turn this thread into a bashing DRPM stat.