PDA

View Full Version : Should the Wizards blow it up?

warfelg
10-29-2018, 07:59 AM
A major topic of conversation on twitter right now is the status of the Wizards, and being off to yet another disappointing start, should the blow it up? There's something there that's not letting them play to the top of their individual talents. Is it time for them to pull the plug on this group? If so who should stay and who should go?

buckalis
10-29-2018, 09:05 AM
The WIzards are in the worst situation among all NBA teams IMO... They are blocked with an extremly difficult to move and lengthy contract on Wall and they have Satoransky and Oumbre expiring and no cap space to move...

Yes they should blow it, is the obvious answer, but can they? It will be extremely difficult IMO, unless they find a way to move Wall's contract.

R. Johnson#3
10-29-2018, 09:29 AM
Wall and Beal canít play together. Otto Porter is complaining about shots and their 7 foot headache still hasnít played a game.

In a perfect World theyíd find a trade partner for Wall and move forward with a PG that isnít so ball dominant. Bradley Beal is criminally underrated and has the ability to take over games. Iím not saying Wall is bad. He just costs way more. I donít think they really need to blow it up. They just need to move forward with one of Wall or Beal.

buckalis
10-29-2018, 10:11 AM
Maybe they can try to move Wall's contract to the Suns for Chandler + smth..., but I'm not sure the Suns would take such a lengthy contract...

It would surely cost them a1st as to sweeten the contract up though and then they would need to find a PG... Difficult and loosing a 1st at this point, would be very bad, but it's the only way I can see them to keep going and avoid a rebuild....

Moving Beal's contract, won't make them compete nor give them considerable cap space to move, because the money will vanish in other contract renewals by next season...

Rivera
10-29-2018, 10:21 AM
yes, the Wizards were never as good as they told you they were they were always missing that one extra piece and depth

trade Wall, and start over

ewing
10-29-2018, 10:27 AM
Wall and Beal canít play together. Otto Porter is complaining about shots and their 7 foot headache still hasnít played a game.

In a perfect World theyíd find a trade partner for Wall and move forward with a PG that isnít so ball dominant. Bradley Beal is criminally underrated and has the ability to take over games. Iím not saying Wall is bad. He just costs way more. I donít think they really need to blow it up. They just need to move forward with one of Wall or Beal.

I think the issue with Wall is he has been treated like a true franchise guy since day one. Its done nothing but encourage him to dominate the ball in the half court and he just isn't good enough for that. He is a very good defender, does a real good job pushing the ball, and can put out great effort but his inability to shoot and his tendency to control the ball especially in the 1/2 court is limiting. I thought if you landed KD it would have worked out great b/c Wall would have no choice- you don't dribble around for 10 seconds when that dude is an option.

warfelg
10-29-2018, 10:40 AM
I think the issue with Wall is he has been treated like a true franchise guy since day one. Its done nothing but encourage him to dominate the ball in the half court and he just isn't good enough for that. He is a very good defender, does a real good job pushing the ball, and can put out great effort but his inability to shoot and his tendency to control the ball especially in the 1/2 court is limiting. I thought if you landed KD it would have worked out great b/c Wall would have no choice- you don't dribble around for 10 seconds when that dude is an option.

Does that make Wall the Dollar General Westbrook?

Scoots
10-29-2018, 11:42 AM
They need a team in the Process to take some bad contracts from them. Maybe Wall to the Lakers since they are desperate for another "star" (though I don't think they would do it). Wall isn't perfect but he's better than 70% of the PGs in the NBA at least so there is some market for him, but with so many teams building up cap for next year I doubt any one will take him this year.

ewing
10-29-2018, 11:55 AM
Does that make Wall the Dollar General Westbrook?

they have similarities

R. Johnson#3
10-29-2018, 12:21 PM

Well I think everyone expected Wall to be a franchise guy. I know I did. I mean the guy still has a terrible jumper which allows defenders to play off him yet he can still make guys converge on him when he drives. Next to Lebron Iíd say Wall is the most dangerous player in transition. Him or Simmons. Heís just brutal in the half court.

I get what youíre saying about KD but I donít think thatíll help. Wall just canít be on that team anymore. Yes heíd have to concede to KD but I feel that would take away from Beal who is a bonafide scorer himself. Itís going to be interesting to see how D12 fits in with that offense.

GREATNESS ONE
10-29-2018, 12:51 PM
Blow it up

WaDe03
10-29-2018, 12:51 PM
Iíll give them Dragic for Wall straight up after we get Jimmy. Dragic is expiring so they get out of Walls huge deal and they can decide if they want to keep him or use the cap somewhere else.

Wall/Wade
McGruder/Ellington
Butler/Winslow
Olynyk/JJ
Whiteside/Bam

R. Johnson#3
10-29-2018, 12:55 PM
Iíll give them Dragic for Wall straight up after we get Jimmy. Dragic is expiring so they get out of Walls huge deal and they can decide if they want to keep him or use the cap somewhere else.

Wall/Wade
McGruder/Ellington
Butler/Winslow
Olynyk/JJ
Whiteside/Bam

Will you then offer up JRich for KD? I mean itís kind of one sided but maybe the Heat will settle on that deal.

dhopisthename
10-29-2018, 12:59 PM
they probably need to blow it up, but I am not sure John walls contract is tradeable especially if he isn't willing to get rid of his trade kicker. who wants to pay Porter 25 million a year. I know teams would pay a ton for beal though.

WaDe03
10-29-2018, 01:11 PM
Will you then offer up JRich for KD? I mean itís kind of one sided but maybe the Heat will settle on that deal.

I think youíd be surprised at the offers they receive for Wall due to the extension, locker room problems, age. I could be wrong though, itís just unlikely. Iíd start by offering Dragic which would be an all star PG on an expiring contract to get completely out of Walls extension (42M a year average). They can possibly keep Dragic for cheaper or use the money elsewhere. I would definitely negotiate and send more if necessary if itís our only chance to get a star next to Jimmy.

They better be sending Curry too if weíre giving them JRich for KD.

FlashBolt
10-29-2018, 01:15 PM
They need a team in the Process to take some bad contracts from them. Maybe Wall to the Lakers since they are desperate for another "star" (though I don't think they would do it). Wall isn't perfect but he's better than 70% of the PGs in the NBA at least so there is some market for him, but with so many teams building up cap for next year I doubt any one will take him this year.

lakers aren't trading away their future for Wall, lol. he's not going to tip the scale in any way.

STRIKERC
10-29-2018, 01:27 PM
Another team that fell victim to paying a 2nd or 3rd option-player franchise player money.

John Wall was never and will never be a 1st option guy. I said this the year he was drafted. NBA teams always make this mistake. The guy can't elevate anyone else on his team.

Giannis and the Bucks are on their way to this realization in a few years.

R. Johnson#3
10-29-2018, 01:35 PM
I think youíd be surprised at the offers they receive for Wall due to the extension, locker room problems, age. I could be wrong though, itís just unlikely. Iíd start by offering Dragic which would be an all star PG on an expiring contract to get completely out of Walls extension (42M a year average). They can possibly keep Dragic for cheaper or use the money elsewhere. I would definitely negotiate and send more if necessary if itís our only chance to get a star next to Jimmy.

They better be sending Curry too if weíre giving them JRich for KD.

Oh I wouldnít expect a monster offer for Wall but I also wouldnít expect a team to trade a perennial all star for a one time all star on an expiring deal just to unload a deal. This isnít the Jimmy situation where the whole World knows he wants out. To get Wall the Heat would probably have to offer up Dragic, JRich and a pick or two to get Washington to stay on the phone.

WaDe03
10-29-2018, 01:43 PM
Oh I wouldnít expect a monster offer for Wall but I also wouldnít expect a team to trade a perennial all star for a one time all star on an expiring deal just to unload a deal. This isnít the Jimmy situation where the whole World knows he wants out. To get Wall the Heat would probably have to offer up Dragic, JRich and a pick or two to get Washington to stay on the phone.

Youíre more than likely right, Dragic would definitely be the centerpiece from Miami though. I assume JRich a filler contract and a 1st will have to go for Jimmy.

After that maybe go Dragic and a 1st to start and work from there for Wall. Will definitely help if Wall requests out and asks for Miami like Jimmy. Wall was close to going to Miami until Cousins went to Kentucky and he works out in Miami all summer with his trainer who is also Wades trainer so who knows?

Really just trying to think of a way for Miami to build a contender ASAP.

TrueFan420
10-29-2018, 01:51 PM

Wall/Wade
McGruder/Ellington
Butler/Winslow
Olynyk/JJ
Whiteside/Bam

Wall can net them a lot more than an expiring in Dragic.

WaDe03
10-29-2018, 01:55 PM
Wall can net them a lot more than an expiring in Dragic.

Maybe, maybe not. I would add a pick or 2 and another player if necessary but heís on a fat contract, has locker room issues and isnít getting any younger. He doesnít seem like the player he used to be, maybe a change of scenery will fix that.

R. Johnson#3
10-29-2018, 01:58 PM
Maybe, maybe not. I would add a pick or 2 and another player if necessary but heís on a fat contract, has locker room issues and isnít getting any younger. He doesnít seem like the player he used to be, maybe a change of scenery will fix that.

The Wiz came into the season with a chip on their shoulder. They see themselves as a contender. That means there is 0 chance they unload a centrepiece for an expiring deal. If anything it would be a deal like Thibs wants for Jimmy. One where the team could still compete for multiple years to come.

Wrigheyes4MVP
10-29-2018, 02:06 PM
I wonder if they will move Otto Porter. He seems like the first one to go if they break it up.

Bad contract, but every team could use a long wing who can shoot threes and player good team defense.

WaDe03
10-29-2018, 02:08 PM
The Wiz came into the season with a chip on their shoulder. They see themselves as a contender. That means there is 0 chance they unload a centrepiece for an expiring deal. If anything it would be a deal like Thibs wants for Jimmy. One where the team could still compete for multiple years to come.

They can have a chip in their shoulder all they want but their 1-5 and the locker room is already pointing fingers and calling guys out. Maybe they will try to get in on Jimmy but maybe the Wolves donít want to trade him for another guy who has locker room issues and is a lot older than the main pieces and makes a ton of money.

WaDe03
10-29-2018, 02:09 PM
I wonder if they will move Otto Porter. He seems like the first one to go if they break it up.

Bad contract, but every team could use a long wing who can shoot threes and player good team defense.

Might be hard, that contract isnít too good.

TrueFan420
10-29-2018, 02:42 PM
Don't try and rush the rebuild. Do it right.

beasted86
10-29-2018, 04:22 PM
Everyone points to the Sixers, Thunder from a few years ago, and to an extent GSW...

But nobody brings up teams like the Wizards who blew it up trading their core just for the sake of tanking, went into a full blown tank for multiple years, got multiple top 3 picks for their core which has produced NOTHING at all.

I mean I think they got to the 2nd round once if you can call that anything.

R. Johnson#3
10-29-2018, 04:28 PM
They can have a chip in their shoulder all they want but their 1-5 and the locker room is already pointing fingers and calling guys out. Maybe they will try to get in on Jimmy but maybe the Wolves donít want to trade him for another guy who has locker room issues and is a lot older than the main pieces and makes a ton of money.

Itís only one guy in the locker room whoís causing problems and itís Otto Porter. Beal and Wall are actually on the same page for once (for now). I thought you wouldíve known this with all your sources and what not?

WaDe03
10-29-2018, 04:53 PM
Itís only one guy in the locker room whoís causing problems and itís Otto Porter. Beal and Wall are actually on the same page for once (for now). I thought you wouldíve known this with all your sources and what not?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1787174002

Why does it always have to come to me showing you that you donít have a damn clue what youíre talking about? Otto Porter is mad, Wall and Beal are also mad after calling out their teammates. Move along kid, donít make me do it to you again.

FlashBolt
10-29-2018, 05:10 PM

they overpaid him thinking they were going to keep getting better but the chemistry problems was their biggest concern and nothing was done to address it other than trading Gortat. Otto Porter is a solid 3 and D player but i'm not sure how that quantifies a $28 million contract.

FlashBolt
10-29-2018, 05:11 PM

Beal and Wall just called out their teammates for being selfish, though. Who knows though maybe this is what the team neeeded

Cal827
10-29-2018, 05:40 PM
I'd Gladly take Beal off their hands :D

He's got fantastic range, can play good defense, and loves to shoot the Ball in Toronto :laugh2:

If Kawhi leaves, we aren't completely screwed as we'd have him for 2 additional years and he can either show if he can be a #1 guy, or inflate his stats and get stuff back for him.

Lowry
Beal
Kawhi
Siakam
Ibaka/JV

Or if we go Small:

Lowry
Green
Beal
Kawhi
Ibaka

:drool:

Chronz
10-29-2018, 06:36 PM
Dwight will save them

bucketss
10-29-2018, 06:43 PM
if they want to blow it up they better do it before walls extension kicks in, after that hes unmovable.

Chronz
10-29-2018, 07:23 PM
they overpaid him thinking they were going to keep getting better but the chemistry problems was their biggest concern and nothing was done to address it other than trading Gortat. Otto Porter is a solid 3 and D player but i'm not sure how that quantifies a $28 million contract.

He's more than that, he just plays with wall n beal

ewing
10-29-2018, 09:17 PM

I agree I think Porter has a lot of ability. He still shouldnít be making 28 million a year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrigheyes4MVP
10-29-2018, 10:48 PM

As a Kings fan, I kinda want the Kings to trade for him. Yes his contract is awful, but the Kings have the cap space and lets face it, we're not signing any superstars anyway. Might as well use the cap space on a guy like Porter and hope a change of scenery opens things up for him.

I don't know how the salaries match up, but I figure we can get him without giving up any other assets of value because of his bad contract. They probably would like to just get out of that contract I'd have to think.

TylerSL
10-30-2018, 08:03 AM
I think Washington should trade anyone of value save Bradley Beal. Beal isn't a true superstar or anything at the moment, but he's averaging 23 points a game on a .471/.389/.804 shooting line over the last three seasons. He also turned 25 years old in the offseason so he his best years are definitely ahead of him. Literally everyone else should go and the Wizards should load up on picks and be willing to take on bad contracts to acquire more picks and open up a ton of cap space in a two or three years from now.

A team I think should maybe make a run for Wall is the San Antonio Spurs. It just so happens San Antonio needs a PG now that Murray is out for the year and Pop would get a lot out of Wall. I also don't see the market for Wall being all that great considering the contract he just signed (making $37.8 million in 19-20, $40.8 million in 20-21, $43.8 million in 21-22, and $46.8 million in 22-23). Even though these years will technically be his prime years, those are his age 29-32 seasons, it's still a ton of money. Just getting the Wizards out of his contract would be valuable to them and sending up to two first round picks could just be icing. The trade could go something like this,

Spurs get: John Wall

Wizards get: Pau Gasol, Derrick White, lottery-protected first rounders in 2021 and 2023.

Two first round picks for Wall would be a little costly but he's signed through 2023 (albeit overpaid) and is averaging 19/9 for his career, and 21/10 the last four seasons (including this season). The Spurs would also be on the hook for his entire contract that will kick in next year, meaning they will be sinking a ton of money into him, Derozan, and Aldridge. That said, I think Wall would make the Spurs better and the Spurs would make Wall better. I think a backcourt of Wall/Derozan would be fun to watch and they are both still young, Wall just turned 28 last month and Derozan turned 29 in the offseason.

R. Johnson#3
10-30-2018, 08:12 AM
Beal and Wall just called out their teammates for being selfish, though. Who knows though maybe this is what the team neeeded

They didnít name names but later on Scott Brooks did. It was Otto Porter they were talking about because heís been complaining about shots.

WaDe03
10-30-2018, 09:24 AM
They didnít name names but later on Scott Brooks did. It was Otto Porter they were talking about because heís been complaining about shots.

Donít make us do it to you R.Johnson. Go back to bed.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-31-2018, 09:30 AM
I could see Magic trading for a Wall,Howard package.

Tg11
10-31-2018, 09:35 AM
I say the Wizards should blow it up but I don't think they will...they gon ride the season out man

WaDe03
10-31-2018, 09:36 AM
I could see Magic trading for a Wall,Howard package.

LeBron would be livid.

IndyRealist
10-31-2018, 09:45 AM

Porter is having a bad season shooting, but Wall has ALWAYS been a bad shooter. That doesn't stop him from taking a metric ton of shots each game. Wall has never been as good as he thinks he is. He shouldn't be calling out anybody for being selfish.

Tg11
10-31-2018, 09:51 AM
Wall his contract is coming up soon and if I were John Wall I would want out of Washington but where can you move Wall to?

WaDe03
10-31-2018, 10:14 AM
Wall signed an extension brother. We want moves though!

Tg11
10-31-2018, 10:33 AM
Then I hope Bradley Beal leaves

ewing
10-31-2018, 10:37 AM
Porter is having a bad season shooting, but Wall has ALWAYS been a bad shooter. That doesn't stop him from taking a metric ton of shots each game. Wall has never been as good as he thinks he is. He shouldn't be calling out anybody for being selfish.

agreed

WaDe03
10-31-2018, 11:09 AM
The Heat will gladly take Wall or Beal after trading for Jimmy. They will then trade TJ and 2 1st for Love who is out a month and has little trade value.

Dragic
Beal
Butler
Love
Whiteside

God bless you all!

Wrigheyes4MVP
10-31-2018, 11:17 AM

I have to agree with this. Wall takes too many shots.

Jamiecballer
10-31-2018, 01:06 PM
They should have broken this up by now. But I was told over and over last year the Raptors weren't choking against them, they were a GOOD TEAM. So they should ride it out by that thinking since it's not even 10 games.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

ewing
10-31-2018, 01:53 PM
They should have broken this up by now. But I was told over and over last year the Raptors weren't choking against them, they were a GOOD TEAM. So they should ride it out by that thinking since it's not even 10 games.

They were about as good as the Raptors

Jamiecballer
10-31-2018, 03:18 PM
They were about as good as the Raptors

if you want to troll effectively you have to know where to draw the line. you want the person to get upset when they read your words. you were good for that once. now it's more like comedy. you were great once.

Tg11
10-31-2018, 03:37 PM
I say it is about time to blow it up even if that means trading either Wall or Beal...I would trade Beal to the Raptors to add him as a 3rd option to Kawhi and Lowry...trade Ibaka, JV, Van Vleet and a draft pick to Washington to get Beal...shift Siakam in to the 5 position and OG as your stretch 4 and Beal as your 2...Kawhi at the 3 and Lowry at the 1

ewing
10-31-2018, 04:22 PM
if you want to troll effectively you have to know where to draw the line. you want the person to get upset when they read your words. you were good for that once. now it's more like comedy. you were great once.

no troll. you were wrong about the Wizards and the Raptors last year.

Tg11
10-31-2018, 04:26 PM
Or I would trade Beal to the Lakers...you get 3 point shooting and Beal is a proven All Star he would more or less be a 2nd option to Bron and Beal can defend as well

LeonFSU
10-31-2018, 04:42 PM

This is the problem with the Wizards: Wallís play and his complaining. Trade him even if for an inferior individual talent, and the Wizards could probably improve. Wall canít be the 1st option if the Wizards want to win.

LeonFSU
10-31-2018, 04:46 PM
Even if its just for this year, I donít think Wall likes that Porter is making more $ than him and everyone else.

Jamiecballer
10-31-2018, 05:36 PM
no troll. you were wrong about the Wizards and the Raptors last year.They were dysfunctional last year, they are still dysfunctional. This team is just perpetually less than the sum of its parts.

ewing
10-31-2018, 06:00 PM
They were dysfunctional last year, they are still dysfunctional. This team is just perpetually less than the sum of its parts.

Ok maybe you were only wrong about the Raptors but you were very wrong

FlashBolt
11-01-2018, 02:49 AM
Once they get Dwight, they should be noticeably better. not sure how much but they did lack a true center. Ian is garbage. with dwight, I expect Wall to have someone who can finish at the basket.

Tg11
11-02-2018, 09:24 AM
Wizards have always been known to be slow starters...case in point last year they were like 3-9 to start the season and they eventually went on to win like 49 games and made the playoffs so do I think they should blow it up? Yes I do but I don't think they will but at the same time you can't win with John Wall as your #1 option

beasted86
11-02-2018, 10:32 PM
Wizards have always been known to be slow starters...case in point last year they were like 3-9 to start the season and they eventually went on to win like 49 games and made the playoffs so do I think they should blow it up? Yes I do but I don't think they will but at the same time you can't win with John Wall as your #1 option

Win like 49 games? As 7th seed in the East?

One can dream...

JAZZNC
11-02-2018, 10:42 PM
Why wouldn't they? They are going nowhere. Just a team with no upside at this point.

Tg11
11-03-2018, 10:33 AM
Yeah so Beal if he gets traded then honestly it is the best thing that can happen for him

ewing
11-03-2018, 10:35 AM
I will answer this question after the Knicks game tomorrow

mike_noodles
11-03-2018, 11:58 AM
The problem is that they are stuck in a situation that many teams get stuck on. You have talent, but not enough. Youíre capped out. The players on your team are more valuable to you than they are to other teams and you canít just let them walk for nothing.

Raptors were just in the same spot. And I think the same thing applies. They either need to make a deal to improve on one or two of their medium three, or they need to blow it up. A 1-7 start makes things a little more desperate for them though.

Switch
11-03-2018, 12:12 PM
The problem is that they are stuck in a situation that many teams get stuck on. You have talent, but not enough. Youíre capped out. The players on your team are more valuable to you than they are to other teams and you canít just let them walk for nothing.

Raptors were just in the same spot. And I think the same thing applies. They either need to make a deal to improve on one or two of their medium three, or they need to blow it up. A 1-7 start makes things a little more desperate for them though.

Spot on. I don't see them blowing it up just yet, even though that makes the most sense.

crewfan13
11-03-2018, 02:04 PM

Agree. There's really no truly viable path forward for them besides getting wildly lucky and crushing a draft pick. Which is unlikely where they typically draft from.

I said the same thing about the raptors too. And they finally did something. Took a chance that might pay off or might force them into a rebuild. That's kinda what Washington has to do as well, but it's not easy. Mayne see if you can convince Minnesota to take on wall for butler.

But they need to try to do something. Simply swapping out guys like Marcin gortat isn't going to change anything. At this pointx try to take a big shot and if it fails, it forces you to blow it up, which you probably should do anyways.

smith&wesson
11-03-2018, 02:11 PM
Butler for Beal makes a lot of sense for both teams

Wizards:
Wall
Butler
Porter
Morris
Howard

Twolves
Teague
Beal
Wiggins
Gibson
Towns

LeonFSU
11-03-2018, 04:06 PM
I think a trade of Wall for Butler is interesting because Washington probably wouldnít do it and Minnesota probably would. Meanwhile, I think the reverse might be true for fans of those teams: Wizards fans would want the trade and Wolves fans would not.

smith&wesson
11-03-2018, 04:29 PM
I think a trade of Wall for Butler is interesting because Washington probably wouldnít do it and Minnesota probably would. Meanwhile, I think the reverse might be true for fans of those teams: Wizards fans would want the trade and Wolves fans would not.

Why not Beal for Butler ? I think both teams benefit from that

Switch
11-03-2018, 05:40 PM

Except there is no telling if Butler would re-sign with Washington. Could easily end up being a 1 year rental. And how much of an upgrade is that for Washington?

ThomasTomasz
11-03-2018, 10:42 PM

Yup, and because of his contract they don't have the depth to truly sit him, so he just walks out there and mails it in every day. The Wizards were afraid of him getting away, offered $100 million and they never should've done that.

LaVar Ball
11-04-2018, 01:33 AM
Once they get Dwight, they should be noticeably better. not sure how much but they did lack a true center. Ian is garbage. with dwight, I expect Wall to have someone who can finish at the basket.

lol

what team post Orlando 2012 has been better with Dwight Howard on their team?

FlashBolt
11-04-2018, 02:44 AM
lol

what team post Orlando 2012 has been better with Dwight Howard on their team?

They don't have a legitimate center on the court other than Ian Mahinmi and he sucks. Dwight would be a significant upgrade and that should tell you enough about how bad their center position is.

mike_noodles
11-04-2018, 11:24 AM
They don't have a legitimate center on the court other than Ian Mahinmi and he sucks. Dwight would be a significant upgrade and that should tell you enough about how bad their center position is.

You don't need a "legitmate" center in today's NBA. Many teams get by with just having one on the bench, just in case.

Tg11
11-04-2018, 01:03 PM
Either way if the Wizards were smart they would tank to get Zion or RJ

FlashBolt
11-04-2018, 04:51 PM
You don't need a "legitmate" center in today's NBA. Many teams get by with just having one on the bench, just in case.

Dude, what are you talking about? They're 29th in the league at rebounding the ball because they have no frontcourt depth. If you think Ian Mahinmi is useful and Dwight won't provide a huge improvement, there is no discussion to be had here.

Tg11
11-04-2018, 06:08 PM
Which is why the Wizards should use this season as a way to tank so that way they can end up with Zion or RJ to add to their frontcourt

FlashBolt
11-04-2018, 07:11 PM
Which is why the Wizards should use this season as a way to tank so that way they can end up with Zion or RJ to add to their frontcourt

lol RJ is a guard.

ewing
11-05-2018, 12:01 AM
They should not tank. I think they are an 7 or 8 seed. Could still upset the Raps if Van Vleet goes down .

crewfan13
11-05-2018, 10:48 AM

I think now is the time to make a decision on Beal and wall. You have to move forward with one or the other but probably not both.

Wall has basically been the lead dog for the entirety of his time in Washington and his contract is not super attractive. So to me, it makes sense to move on with giving Beal a chance to be your guy.

And since butler is expiring and is at least a decent risk to leave whoever gets him, you probably trade the lesser asset for him. So at the end of the day, Washington probably needs to figure out who/what their problem is. All these years of underwhelming with Wall as the lead dog makes me believe he's at least part of the problem. So move him and figure out if Beal is also part of the problem or if he's a long term core guy.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-07-2018, 08:41 AM
Wall's contract is a bit hard to move. Some of the salary coming back would be dead weight junk. I could see the Magic maybe interested in Wall. $19.1M this season then jumps up on new contract to $38.1M.

John Wall $19,169,800 $38,150,000 $41,202,000 $44,254,000 $47,306,000

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-07-2018, 10:27 AM
Wall has a 15% trade kicker for this season as well. So he may not get traded till after July 1 2019. Unless he waives that kicker.

Switch
11-07-2018, 11:23 AM
After this year, Wall is owed 169M the next 4 years. That contract will be hard to move. I would be surprised if Washington gets any significant value in return for him. They may very well be stuck with him. I think Beal would get them more in return if they decide to shake things up

beasted86
11-07-2018, 11:40 AM
All contracts are moveable.

It would be just like the Blake Griffin trade. A team needing a star trading multiple smaller contracts.

I could see Miami interested if they strike out elsewhere moving something like Dragic, Waiters, and Winslow for Wall.

Rivera
11-07-2018, 11:41 AM
you know who I think could potentially be a great fit for Walls skill set? Indiana. Not sure how it would work trade wise, but with the style the Pacers play, Wall would be great

ewing
11-07-2018, 12:33 PM
you know who I think could potentially be a great fit for Walls skill set? Indiana. Not sure how it would work trade wise, but with the style the Pacers play, Wall would be great

I don't know. I love the defense but both him an Victor pound the ball a lot and neither plays off the ball very well. I think Victor is a better offensive player in the half and Wall would limit him big time. Reminds me of when he shared a back court with Russ. They were good together but Victor was limited

Rivera
11-07-2018, 12:47 PM
I don't know. I love the defense but both him an Victor pound the ball a lot and neither plays off the ball very well. I think Victor is a better offensive player in the half and Wall would limit him big time. Reminds me of when he shared a back court with Russ. They were good together but Victor was limited

yea I could see that. Wall would have to conciede to Oladipo and allow Oladipo to be the alpha. If Wall would allow that to happen, he would be a better 2 option than anyone they currently have, even letting Wall run with the reserves as the man I like the fit. Gritty, tough, when Wall wants he can defend, athletic, I think he fits well with the Pacers.

But I completley agree, he would have to allow Oladipo to be the man because it could be a worse version of Oladipo/Russ

Switch
11-07-2018, 01:49 PM
All contracts are moveable.

It would be just like the Blake Griffin trade. A team needing a star trading multiple smaller contracts.

I could see Miami interested if they strike out elsewhere moving something like Dragic, Waiters, and Winslow for Wall.Sure they can be moveable. But to what extent? Wall is owed ridiculous money.

Griffin's contract is about 8-9M less a year compared to Walls.

IndyRealist
11-07-2018, 02:00 PM
yea I could see that. Wall would have to conciede to Oladipo and allow Oladipo to be the alpha. If Wall would allow that to happen, he would be a better 2 option than anyone they currently have, even letting Wall run with the reserves as the man I like the fit. Gritty, tough, when Wall wants he can defend, athletic, I think he fits well with the Pacers.

But I completley agree, he would have to allow Oladipo to be the man because it could be a worse version of Oladipo/Russ

Wall is a terrible fit. The Pacers are currently a top 10 offense AND a top 10 defense. Oladipo is a ball dominant slasher. Wall is a ball dominant slasher. When Oladipo has the ball, they wouldn't need to guard Wall. When Wall has the ball, our best offensive player is standing in the corner. Wall has never been better than an average scorer, and most years is substantially below average. Yet he takes shots like he's Damien Lillard. Wall's best attributes, his speed and passing, don't matter in Indiana's slow paced, ball sharing sets. The Pacers are the slowest team in the league, and it works.

So, no thank you.

Tg11
11-07-2018, 03:14 PM
Wall actually would fit in best on the Hornets, Suns, Kings or even the Orlando Magic

FlashBolt
11-07-2018, 03:36 PM

Worth nothing that Oladipo also went through an extensive training offseason in which he came out ripped. Wasn't like that in OKC. The difference may be the limitation of Russ but also, Oladipo just wanting to be better and showing that in the offseason.

Tg11
11-07-2018, 03:50 PM
Then I think Beal will be traded sooner or later

buckalis
11-07-2018, 06:05 PM
Except there is no telling if Butler would re-sign with Washington. Could easily end up being a 1 year rental. And how much of an upgrade is that for Washington?

No team will trade for Butler, unless it is pre agreed that he stays... It means that Wolves can't trade him where they want, but only where he wants to go... Butler wants to go where he can have a shot for the title...

Tg11
11-07-2018, 06:50 PM
And Butler to a contender makes the most sense so him going to teams like the Rockets, 76ers, Raptors, Bucks, Celtics, Thunder, Pelicans, Spurs, etc make the most sense

Oefarmy2005
11-07-2018, 07:11 PM
No team will trade for Butler, unless it is pre agreed that he stays... It means that Wolves can't trade him where they want, but only where he wants to go... Butler wants to go where he can have a shot for the title...
I have a great idea for a 4 team trade that the Wolves would surely say YES to:

Hawks receive: Dellavedova, Henson and 3x2nd picks from Bucks, Wolves & Kings

Kings receive: Dieng, Morris & Frazier and a 1st pick from Wolves

P.S. Sorry, it had to be done as soon as I saw buckalis' comment.

Wolves receive: Middleton, Bazemore & T.Maker

Bucks receive: Butler & Koufos

Tg11
11-07-2018, 07:22 PM
I can't see Milwaukee giving up Middleton but Bazemore and Maker sure which is why it won't work

Tg11
11-07-2018, 07:23 PM
Can we just get back to the topic of the thread which are the Washington Wizards can we do that

Oefarmy2005
11-07-2018, 07:58 PM
Can we just get back to the topic of the thread which are the Washington Wizards can we do that

Do you not see what I did there? Is was specifically for buckalis. #fourteamtrade

SenileStern
11-10-2018, 12:50 PM
Is the man who was responsible for Ian Mahinmi getting 64/4 still working for the Wizards?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-10-2018, 12:57 PM
Then I think Beal will be traded sooner or later

I was hoping my Bucks would go after Beal.

Bledsoe,Beal,Middleton,Giannis,Lopez.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-10-2018, 12:58 PM
Is the man who was responsible for Ian Mahinmi getting 64/4 still working for the Wizards?

Ernie Grunfeld? Yeah.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-10-2018, 01:11 PM
Wall has a trade kicker for this season. So doubt hes traded this season. Unless he's willing to waive that clause to move on.
John Wall $19,169,800 $38,150,000 $41,202,000 $44,254,000 $47,306,000

One gullible GM I could see going after Wall is Hammond and the Magic next summer. They have some big contracts to fill in that $38M of Wall's salary in 2019. Magic can offer up a platter of Fournier, Mozgov and Augustine for Wall.

trueknickfan
11-10-2018, 01:43 PM
Knicks and Wizards trade:

Knicks get: Wall, Ian Mihinmi
Wizards get: Frank or Mudiay, Lee, Thomas, and 2nd rd draft pick.

Wall has the speed to run and gun with our young core.

THE MTL
11-10-2018, 02:10 PM
They spent way too much money on a poor core of people. I honestly would have let all of them walk before paying anyone of Beal, Porter, and Wall those contracts. They have like 85 million per year locked up between those 3. Theres no hope in that. They just gotta make it work somehow

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-10-2018, 02:29 PM
They spent way too much money on a poor core of people. I honestly would have let all of them walk before paying anyone of Beal, Porter, and Wall those contracts. They have like 85 million per year locked up between those 3. Theres no hope in that. They just gotta make it work somehow

Porter is so so. Wall is over paid. Beal is decent when healthy.

beasted86
11-10-2018, 10:16 PM
Wizards have no choice but to tank. Wall is the oldest and highest paid. He has to go first.

I'm sure a team like Phoenix would overpay for his services along with the Pelicans desperate to keep Davis happy. I'd bet Pelicans would offer a Houston-type stupid move. Hill + Moore and 4 1sts for Wall.

Tg11
11-12-2018, 07:00 PM
Wizards have no choice but to tank. Wall is the oldest and highest paid. He has to go first.

I'm sure a team like Phoenix would overpay for his services along with the Pelicans desperate to keep Davis happy. I'd bet Pelicans would offer a Houston-type stupid move. Hill + Moore and 4 1sts for Wall.

I would build around Bradley Beal instead and trade John Wall too myself. I would send John Wall probably to the Knicks like you said or I would probably send him to a team like the Miami Heat. Wall would probably fit better with the Miami Heat than he would the Knicks. Or I would send him to teams such as the Clippers, Lakers, Spurs, Bulls, Suns or to the Timberwolves.

FlashBolt
11-12-2018, 11:58 PM
Wizards will get better.

Tg11
11-13-2018, 10:32 AM
At this point Washington needs to tank

smith&wesson
11-13-2018, 01:11 PM
Would love Beal in Toronto

Tg11
11-13-2018, 01:30 PM
Would love Beal in Toronto

Beal in Toronto he would give the Raptors depth that's for sure

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-14-2018, 09:17 AM
Beal in Toronto would maybe get Kawhi thinking to stay.

Tg11
11-14-2018, 11:54 AM
Beal in Toronto would maybe get Kawhi thinking to stay.

I would book it but who do you trade to Washington from Toronto to make that happen? Probably trade Ibaka, JV, Delon and a future 1st round protected pick to Washington to acquire Beal