warfelg
10-28-2018, 11:16 AM
Per twitter. Larry Drew taking over.

ISIAH_THOMAS
10-28-2018, 11:17 AM
Shams Charania
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

The Cleveland Cavaliers are planning to fire head coach Ty Lue, per league sources.
@TheAthleticNBA

@WatchStadium

Roster lacks talent a new coach isn't going to make them good

lakerfan85
10-28-2018, 11:20 AM
I bet heís glad to get out of that **** hole!!

McAllen Tx
10-28-2018, 11:21 AM
There's now an experienced luggage carrier for LBJ available for when the Lakers fire Luke.

Scoots
10-28-2018, 11:24 AM
That answers that standing question. Can Lue actually coach? No.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-28-2018, 11:24 AM
Lue was always trash.

Vee-Rex
10-28-2018, 11:56 AM
And here I thought it take at least half a season.

##progress
##onestepatatime

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-28-2018, 11:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI

lakerfan85
10-28-2018, 12:43 PM

We could say the same about Kerr too..

More-Than-Most
10-28-2018, 12:50 PM
Shams Charania
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

The Cleveland Cavaliers are planning to fire head coach Ty Lue, per league sources.
@TheAthleticNBA

@WatchStadium

Roster lacks talent a new coach isn't going to make them good

but the roster was suppose to be a playoff team around bron bron and when bron bron left they were still going to be good because brons lack of help was understated and he just makes players worse around... kevin love would be so much better without bron bron

More-Than-Most
10-28-2018, 12:51 PM
He basically owes lebron a christmas gift every year for the rest of his life much like walton will eventually...

This is a great ****ing move from the cavs not letting this dude have even half a season. Now trade love and others and further the rebuild quicker.

Leftcoast_yg
10-28-2018, 12:55 PM
There's now an experienced luggage carrier for LBJ available for when the Lakers fire Luke.

You're not a Lakers fan so how do you know what is going in with the coaching staff??? He was just fined 50 k for standing up for his players for the horrible oficiating these past games. Sit down squirt you know nothing. But if you're a Laker fan than you must catch a couple games because Luke has been getting praise for his coaching son.

Hawkeye15
10-28-2018, 01:05 PM
pretty easy to cover up the inability to coach when LeBron is on your team. Mike Brown made millions from it.

JAZZNC
10-28-2018, 01:20 PM
Lue was terrible. No way that he was better than Blatt, LeBron just wanted a "yes man". Ridiculous that this guy has a title as a head coach and some of the true greats are ringless but I digress.

Scoots
10-28-2018, 01:59 PM

Really? Kerr took over from Jackson and won a title that year, and 3 over the next 4.

In Lue's case we knew LeBron wasn't listening, but this year Lue had a chance to actually lead a team.

LaVar Ball
10-28-2018, 02:00 PM
Damon Jones gone too

Animosity
10-28-2018, 02:01 PM
Lasted 6 games with out LeBron.......

MygirlhatesCod
10-28-2018, 02:28 PM

I guess Walton is in that category then.

lakerfan85
10-28-2018, 02:59 PM
Really? Kerr took over from Jackson and won a title that year, and 3 over the next 4.

In Lue's case we knew LeBron wasn't listening, but this year Lue had a chance to actually lead a team.

And yet Luke Walton was able to step in and go 39-4.. Kerr is overrated. Jackson would have led this team to a title had he been given another year..

lakerfan85
10-28-2018, 03:01 PM
I guess Walton is in that category then.

Walton sucks a coach. Whatís your point?

TrueFan420
10-28-2018, 03:10 PM
And yet Luke Walton was able to step in and go 39-4.. Kerr is overrated. Jackson would have led this team to a title had he been given another year..

Jackson wasn't capable of leading the Warriors to a title. Kerr implemented a real system that maximized his players skillsets and help create a team first culture where the team is more important than the individual. Jackson wasn't capable of that. There's a reason why he is without a job still.

kdspurman
10-28-2018, 05:14 PM
Love has been injured, idk what they expected . Not saying they'd be much better, but they probably knew they didn't want Lue in their future. Just do it in the summer. Dumb to wait IMO

Chronz
10-28-2018, 05:48 PM
Lol. Brons fault

IndyRealist
10-28-2018, 06:57 PM

Luke just had to run Kerr's system. The players knew what to do.

Ultimately coaching in general is overrated. Most coaches essentially maximize their players, it's the coaches job to have a cohesive system and then just not get in the players' way. Just a few coaches like Pop are statistically proven to actually improve players that come into their system. On the other end you have a handful of coaches who are so inept that they actually make their players worse. The vast majority of coaches don't make much of a difference.

buckalis
10-28-2018, 07:14 PM
Per twitter. Larry Drew taking over.
Larry will do a much better job, he is a good coach, that the Bucks foolishly replaced with Kidd...

Larry had a word for the Bucks picking up Giannis and has put the base in Giannis development.

buckalis
10-28-2018, 07:29 PM
Luke just had to run Kerr's system. The players knew what to do.

Ultimately coaching in general is overrated. Most coaches essentially maximize their players, it's the coaches job to have a cohesive system and then just not get in the players' way. Just a few coaches like Pop are statistically proven to actually improve players that come into their system. On the other end you have a handful of coaches who are so inept that they actually make their players worse. The vast majority of coaches don't make much of a difference.
I respectfully disagree... this season's Bucks, would never be possible if coach Bud wouldn't have been hired.... Neither the Pistons would ever make the playoffs (they will easily do this season) if they wouldn't hire coach Casey... Popovic & Messina are also great coaches that can transform what looks to be a poor team... Hire Obradovic (the best coach in the world) on any NBA team and 2nd season, you are sure to win the title!

McAllen Tx
10-28-2018, 07:53 PM
You're not a Lakers fan so how do you know what is going in with the coaching staff??? He was just fined 50 k for standing up for his players for the horrible oficiating these past games. Sit down squirt you know nothing. But if you're a Laker fan than you must catch a couple games because Luke has been getting praise for his coaching son.

Lol why so mad Bro? How long you been holding that vent towards me? You know since you be lurking in the Lakers forum everyday but never post anything. And it's obvious that you have some kind of vendetta with me lol cause I don't remember us ever posting one another but yet you come at me with terms like "squirt" and "son". Too funny...

As for Luke, I'm not calling for his job. I'm just saying he better start bringing his A game when it comes to handling LBJs luggage cause IMO someone more qualified just became available.

Palm Trees & Gangsters LMFAO!!!!

Heediot
10-28-2018, 07:59 PM
Not surprising but sooner vs. I thought.

IndyRealist
10-28-2018, 08:44 PM
I respectfully disagree... this season's Bucks, would never be possible if coach Bud wouldn't have been hired.... Neither the Pistons would ever make the playoffs (they will easily do this season) if they wouldn't hire coach Casey... Popovic & Messina are also great coaches that can transform what looks to be a poor team... Hire Obradovic (the best coach in the world) on any NBA team and 2nd season, you are sure to win the title!
Bucks went from a crap coach who hurt your team to a coach who doesn't. Whether bud improves his players or not I don't know, but it's pretty obvious that last year was sabotaged by the coaching.

Scoots
10-28-2018, 09:47 PM

He WAS given another year and he screwed it up.

beasted86
10-28-2018, 10:42 PM
Semi off-topic, but remember when people said Spo was only worth anything because he had Wade and LeBron?

You either have it or you don't. It's not just a puppet managing personalities like Lue was. If a coach can't actually build an offensive and defensive system to match his personnel and simply sticks with the same system regardless, he's garbage.

Spo came from the study of Riley who ran Showtime as well as the quicksand-pace Ewing Knicks. It's all about adaptability rather than just give the ball to the best player.

Scoots
10-28-2018, 11:13 PM
Semi off-topic, but remember when people said Spo was only worth anything because he had Wade and LeBron?

You either have it or you don't. It's not just a puppet managing personalities like Lue was. If a coach can't actually build an offensive and defensive system to match his personnel and simply sticks with the same system regardless, he's garbage.

Spo came from the study of Riley who ran Showtime as well as the quicksand-pace Ewing Knicks. It's all about adaptability rather than just give the ball to the best player.

A coach has to have players willing to play within a system, but the coach has to build a system to maximize the players. I think coaching shows up more easily on defense than on offense, but scheme revolutions seem to happen more often on offense than defense.

FlashBolt
10-29-2018, 12:00 AM
It's not Lue's fault, honestly. And anyone saying Lue is a bad coach may be right but at the end of the day, he was a coach of a team that won a championship and that in itself should always deserve some credit. It's not Lue's fault the Warriors destroyed the Cavs 2 seasons in a row nor is it his fault the Cavs are paying TT, Love, and J.R. Smith an excessive amount of money when you can argue that outside of Love, no one on that team is a capable starter. This team just sucks, period. I said it on another thread and Prodigy seemed somewhat irritated. No discussion is needed. Love as your best player in 2018 is all you need to know about how bad this team is and will continue to be.

IKnowHoops
10-29-2018, 12:11 AM

Kerr would have them in the same place they are now, donít get it twisted. Also confirms Brons impact is 2nd to none

IKnowHoops
10-29-2018, 12:13 AM
but the roster was suppose to be a playoff team around bron bron and when bron bron left they were still going to be good because brons lack of help was understated and he just makes players worse around... kevin love would be so much better without bron bron

This is where we come together and break bread

FlashBolt
10-29-2018, 12:14 AM
Kerr would have them in the same place they are now, donít get it twisted. Also confirms Brons impact is 2nd to none

Bron also forced the Cavs to sign TT and J.R. to stupid contracts but the rest of players, I agree. I don't know how much of it is LeBron's doing in regards to the entire roster but some of these guys aren't very good. Hood is still playing like garbage and Clarkson is an out-of-control scorer.

IKnowHoops
10-29-2018, 12:15 AM
He basically owes lebron a christmas gift every year for the rest of his life much like walton will eventually...

This is a great ****ing move from the cavs not letting this dude have even half a season. Now trade love and others and further the rebuild quicker.

I want to see at least 50% of the season to gauge Brons impact as accurately as possible. This might be a 10 win team.

FlashBolt
10-29-2018, 12:16 AM
Also, Love was out for 23 games last season and the Cavs still won about 50 games with the loss of Kyrie. LeBron's impact is simply unmatched in carrying a bad team. I suspect Love will be out another 15-25 games this season as well. Losing all that weight and forcing him to battle against much bigger opposition has not been great for his health. He got his money though.

IKnowHoops
10-29-2018, 12:23 AM

Just remember, Lue beat Kerr with a much lesser squad and Lebron. Doesnít speak that well for Kerr. The talent he has can make a coach appear better than they really are far more than one Lebron can...and he still lost to a guy you say canít coach.

IKnowHoops
10-29-2018, 12:33 AM
Bron also forced the Cavs to sign TT and J.R. to stupid contracts but the rest of players, I agree. I don't know how much of it is LeBron's doing in regards to the entire roster but some of these guys aren't very good. Hood is still playing like garbage and Clarkson is an out-of-control scorer.

True but he won a championship with those guys so it worked. Team is terrible, and TT and JR are whack because there is no longer a guy on the team that requires a triple team.

kobe4thewinbang
10-29-2018, 12:52 AM
Now they're stuck with Love. And Love is pissed!

beasted86
10-29-2018, 08:14 AM
Now they're stuck with Love. And Love is pissed!

Kevin Love is super comfortable being overpaid knowing he'll probably be traded soon.

Cavs owner should fire himself along with all of the idiots he hired. Their management made some of the worst possible decisions ever. Tristan, JR, the new Love extension. Trades for over the hill veterans, etc.

Scoots
10-29-2018, 11:44 AM
Just remember, Lue beat Kerr with a much lesser squad and Lebron. Doesnít speak that well for Kerr. The talent he has can make a coach appear better than they really are far more than one Lebron can...and he still lost to a guy you say canít coach.

And if the talent doesn't listen they can make the coach look worse than they are.

IKnowHoops
10-29-2018, 12:01 PM
And if the talent doesn't listen they can make the coach look worse than they are.

Not applicable in this case though

FlashBolt
10-29-2018, 01:17 PM
that K.Love contract was dumb. no clue what they're doing.

Scoots
10-29-2018, 01:54 PM
Not applicable in this case though

I disagree

beasted86
10-29-2018, 04:16 PM
Just keep in mind I think the Cavs were at one point paying 3 or 4 coaches simultaneously. Byron Scott, Mr. Potatohead, Blatt, and Lue. This franchise was honestly didn't deserve so much from LeBron, and as long as Gilbert is owner I don't expect much better. Incompetence starts at the top.

Wes Mantooth
10-29-2018, 04:19 PM
Why is anyone surprised at this? That roster only works when Bron is the focus. That roster is horrible. With Love injured they don't have a single player in the NBA's top 100. Did they expect JR and Hood to now lead the team? Blame the coach all you want, the GM went all in last year and missed.

FlashBolt
10-29-2018, 05:08 PM
Why is anyone surprised at this? That roster only works when Bron is the focus. That roster is horrible. With Love injured they don't have a single player in the NBA's top 100. Did they expect JR and Hood to now lead the team? Blame the coach all you want, the GM went all in last year and missed.

GM was dumb for not trading that pick for a quality player. Sexton just looks like a good backup player, IMO.

SenileStern
10-30-2018, 04:30 AM
David Griffin said the other day that Lue's coaching out of timeouts was magical and as good as anyone in history.

Is this really a fact based on numbers?

https://youtu.be/13uGpcczzG0?t=164