PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best fit for Butler ?

smith&wesson
10-27-2018, 10:19 AM
Theres a lot of teams that can use Butler. Which team would become the most dangerous with Butler (assuming they don’t give up their best players to get him)

Lakers: this is the obvious one. LeBron needs help and the lakers have a lot to offer in trades. This is where I think he could end up realistically.

Bucks: A Butler & Giannis tandem would be nasty!!! Maybe a package built around Brogdon or Middleton would work.

Pistons: if Detroit could build a package around Bulock and Jackson, I think Butler would make a nice big 3 with Griffen and Drummond.

Pacers: Oladipo, Butler, Turner & Evans would be nice! I have no idea what the Pacers would offer: maybe Bogdonavic & Thad Young?

Pelicans: The pelicans have been playing really well. Imo Jimmy Buckets would be a perfect fit with Davis. However I don’t think they have the pieces to land Butler.

Chronz
10-27-2018, 10:24 AM
Clippers match his scrappy attitude if you look at our defensive first players but Miami has had that culture forever. Clips got a better chance to win with him tho

buckalis
10-27-2018, 10:55 AM
A star at Butler's age, will want to win the title given that his salary will be paid wherever he ends up...

warfelg
10-27-2018, 10:57 AM
The Sixers could be a sneaky good fit. Defensively he fits in. Offensively we’re a ball movement team, but we do need a guy who can just take it and get a basket at will. Even though we have young guys that like to have fun, they’ve never been accused of basically being lazy like his last stops.

JAZZNC
10-27-2018, 11:09 AM
The Sixers could be a sneaky good fit. Defensively he fits in. Offensively we’re a ball movement team, but we do need a guy who can just take it and get a basket at will. Even though we have young guys that like to have fun, they’ve never been accused of basically being lazy like his last stops.

I just dont know that Embiid and Butler fit personality wise. And I just personally feel like Butler isn't a good locker room guy. Yall have a phenomenal team that fits well together and I wouldn't jack that up with Butler.

buckalis
10-27-2018, 11:13 AM
A star at Butler's age, will want to win the title given that his salary will be paid wherever he ends up...

The Bucks and the Nuggets (to a leesser extend) would seem to be the perfect destination for him, because other than the teams being in a mode as to have a title run, Butler would have a clear role that wouldn't be shadowed by Giannis or the Jocker's presence as it would happen with the Rockets or the Raptors or the Celtics...

Never the less, if Butler would be traded to a team that can't be in for a title run, expect him to be available out of free agency next summer and join a team that will contend for the title.

ewing
10-27-2018, 11:15 AM
Rockets.

Driven
10-27-2018, 11:17 AM
Yeah I don’t know how the answer isn’t the Rockets, at least for this year.

They have yet to find a replacement for Trevor Ariza. Butler would be that replacement. But obviously he’s far far better of a player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buckalis
10-27-2018, 11:22 AM
Rockets.
Not impossible... only disadvantage that Butler (and Leonard) will be thinking on, is that both are 3+D wings, which isn't the case with Giannis on the same floor...

EDIT: Sorry... I missread Raptors and replyed accordingly, no way Rockets can fit him in the team financialy and keep him...

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-27-2018, 11:35 AM
Theres a lot of teams that can use Butler. Which team would become the most dangerous with Butler (assuming they don’t give up their best players to get him)

Lakers: this is the obvious one. LeBron needs help and the lakers have a lot to offer in trades. This is where I think he could end up realistically.

Bucks: A Butler & Giannis tandem would be nasty!!! Maybe a package built around Brogdon or Middleton would work.

Pistons: if Detroit could build a package around Bulock and Jackson, I think Butler would make a nice big 3 with Griffen and Drummond.

Pacers: Oladipo, Butler, Turner & Evans would be nice! I have no idea what the Pacers would offer: maybe Bogdonavic & Thad Young?

Pelicans: The pelicans have been playing really well. Imo Jimmy Buckets would be a perfect fit with Davis. However I don’t think they have the pieces to land Butler.

I wanted a Bucks/Butler trade when rumors first started out with Kat/Wiggins hating on Butler. But now I wouldn't trade for him. Also Middleton been on fire. His stock is way up now. Bucks 5-0. I wouldn't rock the boat. Also wouldn't eat Dieng as a forced throw in. Even though it was speculations of Wolves said they'd love to have Dieng in a Butler deal. But doubt they pass up a great offer if he's forced in or not.

My old offer still stands of Brogdon,Maker,Wilson,Snell,Delly for Butler. I'd maybe toss in 2022 first as well. But he could be a rental and hard to keep since we have to pay Middleton and Bledsoe next summer yet. I mainly just wanna use Brogdon and Maker to salary dump Delly and Snell.

Or Maker,Brogdon,2022 first,Wilson and Meeks and choice of either of Delly or Snell. But since we just traded for Meek with the Monroe/Bledsoe TPE. Not sure Meeks can be part of a package deal? He'd have to be a separate solo trade only?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-27-2018, 11:45 AM

76ers could of had a big 3 of Embiid,Kawhi and Butler easily. But 76ers didn't want to cough up Simmons for Kawhi. I'm sure Fultz and Roco and Saric could almost get ya Butler.

Hornets would be another good spot. Kemba and Butler backcourt be beastly. Not sure what Hornets would cough up though to get Butler. Hornets got a lot of dead weight contracts and injuryprone players. Butler on Clippers as well. Then if they sign Kawhi next summer. Clippers be decent.

Lakers had a chance if they didn't stretch Deng. Lakers have to wait till near trade deadline to trade their newly signed players as salary fillers. Doubt Wolves want this to go on to much longer.

Heat could of had him already if they would of offered up Dragic and BAM. But I wouldn't part with BAM though.

Knicks if they coughed up KP. Then sign Irving next summer. But doubt Knicks part with KP.

Personally if I was the Wolves i'd trade KAT for Irving. Then find a sucker to eat Wiggins contract ya be gold Jerry!

GREATNESS ONE
10-27-2018, 11:57 AM
Yea that’s a Pass, from the Lakers.

WaDe03
10-27-2018, 12:21 PM
Buckalis mixing **** up again lmao!

WaDe03
10-27-2018, 12:21 PM
Hell be on the Heat, everything else is irrelevant.

Scoots
10-27-2018, 12:49 PM
According to salacious rumors Gabrielle Union may be his best fit.

cmellofan15
10-27-2018, 12:51 PM
Is this where we insert our favorite teams?

Denver bc he's friends with Demaryius Thomas and it would be cool to have friends around.

warfelg
10-27-2018, 12:53 PM
I just dont know that Embiid and Butler fit personality wise. And I just personally feel like Butler isn't a good locker room guy. Yall have a phenomenal team that fits well together and I wouldn't jack that up with Butler.

Reports are in practice Embiid, though he likes to have fun, is VERY intense. Almost on that Butler level. There was a report that in his 1st year back, he dunked on Nerlens, said "You can't ****ing stop me", and then just laughed at Okafor when Jahlil tried to defend him.

warfelg
10-27-2018, 12:54 PM
76ers could of had a big 3 of Embiid,Kawhi and Butler easily. But 76ers didn't want to cough up Simmons for Kawhi. I'm sure Fultz and Roco and Saric could almost get ya Butler.

Giving up the potential of Simmons for the possibility of Kawhi staying is not worth it.

Not giving up 3 starters for a 1 year rental.

You seem very intent on making the Sixers overpay in trades.

ewing
10-27-2018, 01:39 PM
Not impossible... only disadvantage that Butler (and Leonard) will be thinking on, is that both are 3+D wings, which isn't the case with Giannis on the same floor...

EDIT: Sorry... I missread Raptors and replyed accordingly, no way Rockets can fit him in the team financialy and keep him...

I have no idea if they can keep him. He fits in terms of he helps them a lot, would be able to play to his strengths, and I think him and CP3 would have chemistry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buckalis
10-27-2018, 01:46 PM
Giving up the potential of Simmons for the possibility of Kawhi staying is not worth it.

Not giving up 3 starters for a 1 year rental.

You seem very intent on making the Sixers overpay in trades.

He does the same with his (and my) Bucks... He wants Brogdon traded before replaced by a starting SG and back up PG and thus leave the Bucks without any PG other than Bledsoe in their 15 player roster...

Of course it's silly for the Sixers to consider giving up so much of their talent for Butler... Sixers better stay out of this and try to get Butler out of free agency.

WaDe03
10-27-2018, 03:07 PM
According to salacious rumors Gabrielle Union may be his best fit.

Scoots do not start this again please. We’ve talked about your actions as mod and the effect it has on posters when they see a mod held with such high regard trolling.

JAZZNC
10-27-2018, 03:34 PM
Reports are in practice Embiid, though he likes to have fun, is VERY intense. Almost on that Butler level. There was a report that in his 1st year back, he dunked on Nerlens, said "You can't ****ing stop me", and then just laughed at Okafor when Jahlil tried to defend him.

Yeah, definitely not saying Embiid isn't intense I just don't think they would mesh well. Plus, (I may be wrong) I think Embiid is the obvious leader of the team and I think that Butler would want to be that leader of the team which is where i think the problem would be.

warfelg
10-27-2018, 03:39 PM
Yeah, definitely not saying Embiid isn't intense I just don't think they would mesh well. Plus, (I may be wrong) I think Embiid is the obvious leader of the team and I think that Butler would want to be that leader of the team which is where i think the problem would be.

I think it would be interesting. They talk about it a lot right now that Embiid is the vocal leader but Ben is the leader on the court.

buckalis
10-27-2018, 04:28 PM
I think it would be interesting. They talk about it a lot right now that Embiid is the vocal leader but Ben is the leader on the court.
He is the playmaker of the court... not the leader... don't confuse the two... Giannis and Lebron are both...

warfelg
10-27-2018, 05:06 PM
He is the playmaker of the court... not the leader... don't confuse the two... Giannis and Lebron are both...

You clearly only watch Bucks games, so forgive me for not taking your word on that.

buckalis
10-27-2018, 06:17 PM
You clearly only watch Bucks games, so forgive me for not taking your word on that.
Yet you are mistaken... I have watched all Sixers games too this season and half of past season, as well as the playoffs and can surely say that Embiid is the leader and Simmons is the playmaker... very few would argue on this and then none that has some basketball knowledge... it's nothing bad with it either...

Scoots
10-27-2018, 07:10 PM
Scoots do not start this again please. We’ve talked about your actions as mod and the effect it has on posters when they see a mod held with such high regard trolling.

Can't stand the competition?

buckalis
10-27-2018, 07:43 PM
Can't stand the competition?
Trolls never do... ban him for the better of this forum... too many trolls here are damaging your credibility and replying to them, even more so...

GREATNESS ONE
10-27-2018, 08:15 PM
5/6 teams of the top of my head, he would be a good fit on are

Milwaukee
Miami
Denver
Philly
Houston/Portland

SiteWolf
10-27-2018, 08:27 PM
Why is the talk only about where Butler ends up and NOBODY talks about what he's done wrong to create this situation in the first place, needing/wanting his exit from MN?

FlashBolt
10-27-2018, 09:40 PM
Why is the talk only about where Butler ends up and NOBODY talks about what he's done wrong to create this situation in the first place, needing/wanting his exit from MN?

he wants out cause they won't give him a contract worth his value but gave Towns and Wiggins their money.

buckalis
10-27-2018, 10:47 PM

Do you want out of this to blame Jimmy? He wants out because while he is the first in your team, he is treated like If he is the 4th or later... what are you blaming him for? ...is It for him not liking you? ...go pay Wiggins or KAT, you S11t heads...

Pierzynski4Prez
10-27-2018, 11:20 PM
I think it can only be a team where he is the clear cut Beta.

So only a few teams. GSW, LAL, HOU, NOP, MIL, TOR.

WaDe03
10-28-2018, 12:47 PM
Trolls never do... ban him for the better of this forum... too many trolls here are damaging your credibility and replying to them, even more so...

You’ve been here for 2 months and started with trolling like crazy and now you’re screaming for others to be banned. You’re sorry af.