PDA

View Full Version : Suggest or predict a trade for your team to do for 19/20 season and reason it.

buckalis
10-25-2018, 02:10 PM
For my Bucks, I predict that Tony Snell will be traded for a starting 3+D wing that will take the SG or SF position to the Bucks starting roster next to Middleton and Brogdon will be moved to the bench, taking the prime rotation role...
I also predict that Dellavedova will be traded and another PG will be added in the 2nd roster.
Reason is that the Bucks are thin in their PG roster depth and more so as they are starting Brogdon and then internally rotate him at PG.

I predict that Lin and Bazemore out of the Hawks may be targeted, but Teodosic in a deal with the Clippers and Butler in another trade with the Wolves, may be feasible for the Bucks to land, without "rocking up the ship" as far as their roster core is concerned.

Chronz
10-25-2018, 02:14 PM
Clips waiting to trade avery for butler

WaDe03
10-25-2018, 02:24 PM
Butler will be traded to the Heat.

After they get him I would gauge the value of the following, Lillard/Kyrie/Kemba/Love.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yakc4hbh

JRich Waiters and a 1st for Jimmy. Wolves can keep the pick or use it to move Dieng.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yafvxrfp

Bam Winslow and a pick for Kemba.

Dragic Kelly and a pick for Love.

Kemba/Wade
McGruder/TJ
Butler/Ellington
Love/JJ
Whiteside/Love

God bless you all!

Silent
10-25-2018, 02:28 PM
Butler will be traded to the Heat.

After they get him I would gauge the value of the following, Lillard/Kyrie/Kemba/Love.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yakc4hbh

JRich Waiters and a 1st for Jimmy. Wolves can keep the pick or use it to move Dieng.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yafvxrfp

Bam Winslow and a pick for Kemba.

Dragic Kelly and a pick for Love.

Kemba/Wade
McGruder/TJ
Butler/Ellington
Love/JJ
Whiteside/Love

God bless you all!

they're trying to get rid of a bad contract not take another Dieng goes in any deal for butler

WaDe03
10-25-2018, 02:30 PM
they're trying to get rid of a bad contract not take another Dieng goes in any deal for butler

Bring him on down then brother. Not sure they have that kind of leverage if they want to get anything for Butler. Thatís why I threw in the pick, they can flip it to move Dieng to the Kings.

Hawkeye15
10-25-2018, 02:52 PM
Wiggins for anything anyone will give us

Jamiecballer
10-25-2018, 02:56 PM
Wiggins for anything anyone will give usWonder what the framework was of the Derozan/Wiggins discussions were 2 offseasons ago. I may not think much of DeRozan but I imagine at this point you guys would be all over that lol.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Hawkeye15
10-25-2018, 02:58 PM
Wonder what the framework was of the Derozan/Wiggins discussions were 2 offseasons ago. I may not think much of DeRozan but I imagine at this point you guys would be all over that lol.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

I would have been all over it then. By year 2, I was saying Wiggins best case scenario was Demar DeRozan. Literally. Alas, he didn't reach his "ceiling". Wiggins is that bad. We look better with Okogie playing his minutes. Seriously.

Scoots
10-25-2018, 03:00 PM
For my Bucks, I predict that Tony Snell will be traded for a starting 3+D wing that will take the SG or SF position to the Bucks starting roster next to Middleton and Brogdon will be moved to the bench, taking the prime rotation role...
I also predict that Dellavedova will be traded and another PG will be added in the 2nd roster.
Reason is that the Bucks are thin in their PG roster depth and more so as they are starting Brogdon and then internally rotate him at PG.

I predict that Lin and Bazemore out of the Hawks may be targeted, but Teodosic in a deal with the Clippers and Butler in another trade with the Wolves, may be feasible for the Bucks to land, without "rocking up the ship" as far as their roster core is concerned.

So, you want to trade a non-staring 3+D Snell to some team for a starting 3+D player? Who would do that?

Storch
10-25-2018, 03:02 PM
Kcp will be traded for a snicker bar and some tictacs.

buckalis
10-25-2018, 03:04 PM
You are right of course... Dieng does go with any deal for Butler, unless if it is Middleton or another (out of the very few that can be) offered... but yeah... since none would part a "Middleton", moving Dieng's contract, is a "must" for the Wolves and the only way that they will accept a "so and so" deal for Butler...

That said, the Wolves won't part Butler until they loose hope on making the playoffs, which I believe, won't be long before they do...

In any case, no team that won't have hopes to make it to the playoffs will have interest into buying Butler and that includes the Heat...

buckalis
10-25-2018, 03:13 PM
So, you want to trade a non-staring 3+D Snell to some team for a starting 3+D player? Who would do that?
It's not what I said... Parting a player in one position and replacing him, doesn't necessarily means that a straight deal for players playing in the same position would occur...
The Bucks are now using only 9 out of their 15 player roster in their games...
It means there are six more (7 if one adds Snell) that can be used in a trade, without "rocking up the ship" at all...

GREATNESS ONE
10-25-2018, 03:29 PM
Kawhi Leonard to the Lakers for KCP, Ingram, +

Scoots
10-25-2018, 04:33 PM
It's not what I said... Parting a player in one position and replacing him, doesn't necessarily means that a straight deal for players playing in the same position would occur...
The Bucks are now using only 9 out of their 15 player roster in their games...
It means there are six more (7 if one adds Snell) that can be used in a trade, without "rocking up the ship" at all...

So, still, who are you looking to get for that position? There are not many players that fit that description on the market. Those 3+D players are prized.

buckalis
10-25-2018, 05:06 PM
So, still, who are you looking to get for that position? There are not many players that fit that description on the market. Those 3+D players are prized.

I think that Butler would be ideal, because other than the (huge) upgrade over Brogdon, we can then move Middleton back to SG and play Butler Sf in the opposite side of Giannis at PF on both offense and defense, which would then maximise "spacing the floor"...

If we can't get Butler, the easy but temporary solution is Bazemore... Bazemore is easy for us to get, because we have the right value "bad contracts" that suit the Hawks policy perfect and the pick and asset they are collecting... Lin for depth PG we can have for the same reasons as Bazemore...

On both Lin and Bazemore, we have the extra atvantage as we had with Ilyasova... They both would love to work with coach Bud...

Never the less, if we can land Butler and only Lin from the Hawks, we will surely cruise the East and give GSW a good challenge at the finals...

JAZZNC
10-25-2018, 05:45 PM
I would have been all over it then. By year 2, I was saying Wiggins best case scenario was Demar DeRozan. Literally. Alas, he didn't reach his "ceiling". Wiggins is that bad. We look better with Okogie playing his minutes. Seriously.

What do you think of Okogie? I wanted him so badly in the draft and you guys snagged him and we were stuck with Grayson Allen and his zero D.

IndyRealist
10-25-2018, 07:32 PM
In 2019-2020, by the deadline but probably in the summer, the Pacers will trade Domas Sabonis for a starting SF/PF combo player. Sabonis and Turner can't be on the floor together, we just paid Turner and Sabonis is too good to come off the bench. Both our starting SF and our starting PF are on expiring contracts, and the organization has a lot of faith in Aaron Holiday as our PG of the future. Sabonis will be traded to fill in the gaps in the lineup, and it will be a net loss for the Pacers. I suspect one of Tyreke Evans or Bogan Bogdanovic will resign for an absurd amount of money, while Thad Young will leave for a contender.

buckalis
10-25-2018, 09:20 PM
In 2019-2020, by the deadline but probably in the summer, the Pacers will trade Domas Sabonis for a starting SF/PF combo player. Sabonis and Turner can't be on the floor together, we just paid Turner and Sabonis is too good to come off the bench. Both our starting SF and our starting PF are on expiring contracts, and the organization has a lot of faith in Aaron Holiday as our PG of the future. Sabonis will be traded to fill in the gaps in the lineup, and it will be a net loss for the Pacers. I suspect one of Tyreke Evans or Bogan Bogdanovic will resign for an absurd amount of money, while Thad Young will leave for a contender.

Surely a well reasoned thinking, but the best fit for a starting SF/PF in your roster, would IMO be Marcus Morris or Nikola Mirotic (who can play all SF, PF and sbC) which will be available only out of free agency next summer...

So, if the Pacers are to trade Sabonis, wouldn't it be best if they trade him for a young guard or physical Center and go after Morris or Mirotic next summer?

That's what I would propose as best solution.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-26-2018, 07:14 AM
Bucks need a upgrade at SG. I'd trade any of Brogdon,Maker,Wilson a future first in 2022 and that Wizards second round pick we got from the Meeks trade. Also any of Delly or Snell can be traded as salary filler. Snell is a 3 year deal. Doubt many teams would want him other then maybe Pelicans. They need a wing badly.

Not sure if Suns or Bulls or Magic be interested in Delly but who knows. Also coach Bud only uses like 8 or 9 guy rotations for now. So rest of the roster can be trade bait. Even if we dont get a upgrade at SG. Then I prefer using Brogdon and Maker and picks to unload contracts of Snell,Delly and maybe Henson.

Bucks need capspace to keep 2019 UFA's Middleton and Bledsoe. Also I want Brolo back. His boxing out has Giannis #1 rebounder in the league. Brogdon is a RFA. Not sure I wanna see him getting paid $10M to $12M per. Rather using him as a sweetener now to dump a contract for a expiring really. Bud is already playing rookie DDV a lot.

warfelg
10-26-2018, 08:34 AM
I've got a 'list' more so than suggestions but here we go:
Markieff Morris - As a combo guard off the bench for the Sixers, he would offer some roster flexibility.
Tobias Harris - Can offer floor spacing off the bench at the 4.
Harrison Barnes - Same as Markieff Morris.
Trevor Ariza - PHX looks to be a train wreck again, and he could be a nice bench player for us.
Patrick Beverley - He's a better TJ McConnell.

ManningToTyree
10-26-2018, 10:10 AM
Courtney lee for nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buckalis
10-26-2018, 12:49 PM
I've got a 'list' more so than suggestions but here we go:
Markieff Morris - As a combo guard off the bench for the Sixers, he would offer some roster flexibility.
Tobias Harris - Can offer floor spacing off the bench at the 4.
Harrison Barnes - Same as Markieff Morris.
Trevor Ariza - PHX looks to be a train wreck again, and he could be a nice bench player for us.
Patrick Beverley - He's a better TJ McConnell.

First thing the 76ers need, is to fire their coach!!!

Just look at the Bucks.... If the Sixers were coached by Bud or Casey, or Popovic, or Obradovic, they would have the Celtics for breakfast with their current roster!

You first have the tactics designed in a team and then decide on the rightt players to execute it...

On Simmons and Embiid, the Sixers have a core that can shine like gold if the tactics are designed by the right coach... but they play "anarchy basketball" instead, like the Bucks were last season...

warfelg
10-26-2018, 01:07 PM
Browns a fine coach. Second night of a road-road back to back after an OT game, Simmons returning from back tightness, and a short bench. Weíre fine.

buckalis
10-26-2018, 01:11 PM
Bucks need a upgrade at SG. I'd trade any of Brogdon,Maker,Wilson a future first in 2022 and that Wizards second round pick we got from the Meeks trade. Also any of Delly or Snell can be traded as salary filler. Snell is a 3 year deal. Doubt many teams would want him other then maybe Pelicans. They need a wing badly.

Not sure if Suns or Bulls or Magic be interested in Delly but who knows. Also coach Bud only uses like 8 or 9 guy rotations for now. So rest of the roster can be trade bait. Even if we dont get a upgrade at SG. Then I prefer using Brogdon and Maker and picks to unload contracts of Snell,Delly and maybe Henson.

Bucks need capspace to keep 2019 UFA's Middleton and Bledsoe. Also I want Brolo back. His boxing out has Giannis #1 rebounder in the league. Brogdon is a RFA. Not sure I wanna see him getting paid $10M to $12M per. Rather using him as a sweetener now to dump a contract for a expiring really. Bud is already playing rookie DDV a lot.

I'm sure that coach Bud would agree with you on the roster upgrades you propose, but he would completely disagree on the order of moves that you propose...

Bud won't let the FO move Brogdon unless he has a better starting wing and better back up PG first...

On Lopez, the coach would again agree with you, but he would prefer Voucevic anyday if he could have him instead.

buckalis
10-26-2018, 01:24 PM
Browns a fine coach. Second night of a road-road back to back after an OT game, Simmons returning from back tightness, and a short bench. Weíre fine.
Not a coach that can implement tactics that will make your team compete against the best of teams in that respect, nor the one that can defend against teams that play top tactics on the floor...

He is relying on his players abilities, instead of designing the tactics so that the players abilities maximises what has been planned and then, his plan is always a step behind when he plays against a top coach...

warfelg
10-26-2018, 01:46 PM
Your speaking more like someone that's had experience watching one bad night than one that's seen the guys career as a head coach play out.

buckalis
10-26-2018, 02:42 PM
Your speaking more like someone that's had experience watching one bad night than one that's seen the guys career as a head coach play out.
Not at all, I speak as one that knows a lot on basketball and translates the right eay what he sees on the floor...

The Bucks were 25th in the league shooting 3pts last season and 1st this season... They are passing 50 percent more assists and are collecting as many more rebs, without a major change in their roster...

Phily has Simmons and Embiid that can make much as Giannis does, one supplementing the other and do have the shooter on Dragic that can score similar to Middleton... All they miss is the modern tactics that the Bucks are executing on the floor under plan...

Clearly, they have the players, but an old fashion coach that plays "traditional tactics" is incapable to modernize their game and thus, make the most out of the roster he has in hand.

WaDe03
10-26-2018, 02:45 PM
Not at all, I speak as one that knows a lot on basketball and translates the right eay what he sees on the floor...

The Bucks were 25th in the league shooting 3pts last season and 1st this season... They are passing 50 percent more assists and are collecting as many more rebs, without a major change in their roster...

Phily has Simmons and Embiid that can make much as Giannis does, one supplementing the other and do have the shooter on Dragic that can score similar to Middleton... All they miss is the modern tactics that the Bucks are executing on the floor under plan...

Clearly, they have the players, but an old fashion coach that plays "traditional tactics" is incapable to modernize their game and thus, make the most out of the roster he has in hand.

Dragic is definitely the Sixers best shooter. Have to keep feeding him.

buckalis
10-29-2018, 11:11 PM
Tonights game against the Raptors with Giannisless Bucks having a clear and easy victory, revealed the deep roster pieces in the Bucks... Dellavedova, Brown, D.J. Wilson, Connaughton & Wood are the Bucks third team...

Any trade for a wing that would occur, would have to be replacing and upgrading on Snell and then with guys out of the third roster, but a high chance that T.Maker out of the 2nd roster, due to the Bucks having a plethora of bigs..

Wrigheyes4MVP
10-30-2018, 01:59 PM
I'm gonna predict Otto Porter to Sacramento for Zach Randolph, Kosta Koufos, and Ben Mclemore (all expiring contracts)

Reasoning behind it: Washington has chemistry issues and could look to get out of the big contract they gave Porter. They also have Oubre as a solid replacement for Porter in the starting lineup. The Kings need a SF with some length who can shoot. Also, the Kings have a ton of cap space and they tried to sign Porter when he was an RFA. They were the team that originally drove up his price for the Wizards, so I could see there still being some interest and there still is a need. With the Kings not having a 1st round pick in 2019, there is no reason for them to tank at any point this season.

All of this is pure speculation, but the reasoning is sound.

Hawkeye15
10-30-2018, 02:06 PM
What do you think of Okogie? I wanted him so badly in the draft and you guys snagged him and we were stuck with Grayson Allen and his zero D.

He has a looooooooooooong way to go offensively, but he is clearly going to be a very good defender. He should start by getting better at his 3 ball, and work a lot on ball handling, and moving without the ball.

But I hate Wiggins so much, so I am also looking for ANY excuse to sit him.

buckalis
10-30-2018, 02:10 PM
I'm gonna predict Otto Porter to Sacramento for Zach Randolph, Kosta Koufos, and Ben Mclemore (all expiring contracts)

Reasoning behind it: Washington has chemistry issues and could look to get out of the big contract they gave Porter. They also have Oubre as a solid replacement for Porter in the starting lineup. The Kings need a SF with some length who can shoot. Also, the Kings have a ton of cap space and they tried to sign Porter when he was an RFA. They were the team that originally drove up his price for the Wizards, so I could see there still being some interest and there still is a need. With the Kings not having a 1st round pick in 2019, there is no reason for them to tank at any point this season.

All of this is pure speculation, but the reasoning is sound.

Isn't a veteran PG that the Kings have as first priority? They did have a temporary solution on the position, but it was a temporary (and extremely aging) one that they signed for this season only...

I think all Kings, Suns and the Magic are looking for PGs to add, which creates high demand for PGs in the league, because there aren't as many around...

WaDe03
10-30-2018, 02:12 PM
Isn't a veteran PG that the Kings have as first priority? They did have a temporary solution on the position, but it was a temporary (and extremely aging) one that they signed for this season only...

I think all Kings, Suns and the Magic are looking for PGs to add, which creates high demand for PGs in the league, because there aren't as many around...

Kings have Fox heís their PG for the future.

WaDe03
10-30-2018, 02:13 PM
Buckalis I need you to use your vast knowledge and build a plan to turn the Heat in to contenders in the next 3 years.

HeartOfStarks
10-30-2018, 04:07 PM
How do Wolves fans feel about something like THJ/Lee + 2019 first (protected if possible) for Butler? Feel like thatís not the worst deal but guessing youíd want the first to be unprotected if youíre interested at all in that deal.

For Knicks I feel like landing Butler potentially makes us more attractive to KD this summer, although I know thatís a longshot.

buckalis
10-30-2018, 06:46 PM
How do Wolves fans feel about something like THJ/Lee + 2019 first (protected if possible) for Butler? Feel like thatís not the worst deal but guessing youíd want the first to be unprotected if youíre interested at all in that deal.

For Knicks I feel like landing Butler potentially makes us more attractive to KD this summer, although I know thatís a longshot.
Despite what you read here, the Wolves won't move Butler for any deal that doesn't include moving Dieng's contract too...

Only a few teams can move Dieng's contract and Knicks aren't one of them...

HeartOfStarks
10-30-2018, 08:05 PM
Despite what you read here, the Wolves won't move Butler for any deal that doesn't include moving Dieng's contract too...

Only a few teams can move Dieng's contract and Knicks aren't one of them...

Oh wow yeah, thatís a big contract. Guess it would be a no-go then.

Tg11
10-31-2018, 09:45 AM
For my Celtics...trading Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Marcus Morris, Al Horford and draft picks to the Pelicans all to get AD...Anthony Davis and why? AD is a franchise player without question one of the best players in the league and adding him to Boston would make us unstoppable especially if we keep Tatum. Then add Kyrie and Hayward along with AD and that is instant Championship right there.

Tg11
10-31-2018, 09:49 AM
Or for the Raptors I would trade JV, Ibaka, Danny Green and draft picks to the Wolves to get Jimmy Butler...you pair him up with Kawhi and Lowry...Kawhi at SF, Butler at SG and Lowry as your PG with those 3 and your bench then Toronto would look pretty formidable

buckalis
11-22-2018, 05:19 PM
The Bucks clearly have a rotation problem at PG position with Bledsoe and Brogdon being the only players that can handle the position and Dellavedova (the only one out of the 15 player roster the Bucks have) clearly out of the coaching plans... What if an injury occurs, or if one of Brogdon or Bledsoe are loaded with fouls in crucial games?

The Bucks should target to trade for George Hill and unfortunately for the Bucks, the Cavs will reject Dellavedova's inclusion in a possible proposal, because PG is the only position they have "complete" in starting and roster depth for their future (on Sexton, Clarkson and Harrison)...

I believe that the Cavs would want Henson though despite his (perhaps season ending) injury, because the "Cardasian" is expiring this season and Henson is a more effective player in a much better contract and luckily for the Bucks, they also have a 16th player in their roster on Meeks that could be useful to the Cavs as to play SG...

I therefore believe that a Henson + Meeks + a 2nd is an offer the Bucks should do and the Cavs would seriously consider...

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-23-2018, 10:27 AM
The Bucks clearly have a rotation problem at PG position with Bledsoe and Brogdon being the only players that can handle the position and Dellavedova (the only one out of the 15 player roster the Bucks have) clearly out of the coaching plans... What if an injury occurs, or if one of Brogdon or Bledsoe are loaded with fouls in crucial games?

The Bucks should target to trade for George Hill and unfortunately for the Bucks, the Cavs will reject Dellavedova's inclusion in a possible proposal, because PG is the only position they have "complete" in starting and roster depth for their future (on Sexton, Clarkson and Harrison)...

I believe that the Cavs would want Henson though despite his (perhaps season ending) injury, because the "Cardasian" is expiring this season and Henson is a more effective player in a much better contract and luckily for the Bucks, they also have a 16th player in their roster on Meeks that could be useful to the Cavs as to play SG...

I therefore believe that a Henson + Meeks + a 2nd is an offer the Bucks should do and the Cavs would seriously consider...

Thompson has one more year under contract after this season of $18,539,130.

buckalis
11-23-2018, 02:22 PM
Thompson has one more year under contract after this season of $18,539,130.

Still... Henson has a much better contract and is a better player as to keep them going, while Thompson, they can trade for a young asset and a pick...

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-27-2018, 02:49 PM
Bucks fans starting to hate on Brogdon and Middleton on twitter with a few of these stinker losses piling up. I been on the trade Brogdon trade train a while now. Also was ready to trade Middleton last few years when he goes on his cold streaks. Middleton on 5/$190M doesn't sound exciting at all. I'd cash in on him as well for the right haul. Brogdon beyond rookie contract isn't worth it. He's at peak value now on rookie scale deal.

buckalis
11-27-2018, 03:19 PM
Bucks fans starting to hate on Brogdon and Middleton on twitter with a few of these stinker losses piling up. I been on the trade Brogdon trade train a while now. Also was ready to trade Middleton last few years when he goes on his cold streaks. Middleton on 5/$190M doesn't sound exciting at all. I'd cash in on him as well for the right haul. Brogdon beyond rookie contract isn't worth it. He's at peak value now on rookie scale deal.

I know there are some that don't like Brogdon, but It is only those that have limited knowledge on basketball... The worst thing the Bucks can do is trade Brogdon this season, while they have a valuable combo guard that is constantly scoring high, has tremendous ability to read the game and is consistent on his defense...

Middleton then, is the other way around... He is very good shooter, but isn't a good defender and isn't the huge "space maker" the Bucks need from their SF... Biggest problem with him is that he is expiring and if signed back, he may condemn the team's progress...

There are many SF of the "power" kind that can play PF as well in the NBA (both the Morris twins, T. Harris, A.Gordon... to say just a few) that are very good shooters, but are better defenders and will space the floor more for Giannis... not to mention what they would cost...

To put it otherwise... why would a prime team like the Bucks pay 30+M and keep someone like Middleton who is the "guard type" of SF that would suit small line ups well, while with 10M more they can sign KD and win the title by playing "big" like the leading teams are doing...? Noticed Stevens moving (expiring) Marcus Morris to the starting lineup of the Celtics?

ewing
11-27-2018, 03:19 PM

How do you feel about Brogdon outside of Milk? Any chance he flourishes with added ball handling responsibilities? I kind of think of him as a PG but with Glennis and Bledsoe ball handling opportunities are kind of limited

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-28-2018, 09:47 AM
How do you feel about Brogdon outside of Milk? Any chance he flourishes with added ball handling responsibilities? I kind of think of him as a PG but with Glennis and Bledsoe ball handling opportunities are kind of limited

Brogdon slows the pace down for the Bucks. I posted that tweet in the Bucks forum. He screws up the pace. Without him were actually better. Best to cash him in and let another team over pay him as a RFA. I could see the Suns maybe want him.

warfelg
11-28-2018, 09:55 AM
Brogdon should be a bench PG, a guy that you bring in when you need the pace of the game to change to your benefit somehow. Maybe you are up 20 and you want it to slow down to maintain the lead. Maybe you saw a big lead to drop because the pace is out of control and you need a guy that will move slower and steady the pace.

Brogdon was a beneficiary of a weak rookie class that had injuries and a late season bloomer that pushed him to ROY but even then, the circumstances for his breakout were based on the fact that he was that change of pace guy off the bench. Quite a few 'older' rookies tend to play well their rookie years in that role. Usually growth beyond that isn't all that great, and there's a reason they were in school longer. I think that's starting to show with Brogdon.

Tg11
11-28-2018, 10:18 AM
Celtics trade to the Pelicans:

Al Horford
Jaylen Brown
Gordon Hayward
2 1st Round Protected Draft Picks (2021, 2022)

Pelicans trade to the Celtics:

Anthony Davis

We acquire AD by giving up Hayward, Brown, Horford and 2 first round protected picks to the Pelicans. The Pelicans are gonna be rebuilding anyway once AD leaves. Not to mention Anthony Davis to the Celtics has been talked about a lot so why wouldn't this trade make sense? You pair up AD with Kyrie and Tatum and the Pelicans get younger on top of it. Plus if somehow Hayward were to get healthy again and become the Hayward of old on top of Horford getting back to his old self in New Orleans then everyone wins more or less.

warfelg
11-28-2018, 10:36 AM
That doesn't work at all cap wise.

Tg11
11-28-2018, 10:53 AM
Raptors trade to the Wizards:

JV
Delon
OG
CJ Miles
1st round draft pick protected

Wizards trade off to the Raptors:

Bradley Beal

Somehow you manage to resign Kawhi and you have Lowry. Pair Beal with them as a 3rd option.

buckalis
11-28-2018, 12:02 PM
Brogdon should be a bench PG, a guy that you bring in when you need the pace of the game to change to your benefit somehow. Maybe you are up 20 and you want it to slow down to maintain the lead. Maybe you saw a big lead to drop because the pace is out of control and you need a guy that will move slower and steady the pace.

Brogdon was a beneficiary of a weak rookie class that had injuries and a late season bloomer that pushed him to ROY but even then, the circumstances for his breakout were based on the fact that he was that change of pace guy off the bench. Quite a few 'older' rookies tend to play well their rookie years in that role. Usually growth beyond that isn't all that great, and there's a reason they were in school longer. I think that's starting to show with Brogdon.

The Bucks can always bench Brogdon and play Middleton at SG and Snell at SF... The reason all coaches prefer to start Brogdon at SG, is because next to his shooting effectiveness, he can read the game better and adds playmaking to the PG, which benefits Giannis a lot...

LeonFSU
11-28-2018, 05:35 PM
The Magic should trade Fournier. They need wing and PG playmakers, but Fournier is not it. Better to use his minutes on Ross, Simmons, Iwundu, or Isaac.

Someone like Brandon Knight or whoever would work. Maybe Cleveland would take him for JR.

buckalis
11-28-2018, 06:38 PM
The Magic should trade Fournier. They need wing and PG playmakers, but Fournier is not it. Better to use his minutes on Ross, Simmons, Iwundu, or Isaac.

Someone like Brandon Knight or whoever would work. Maybe Cleveland would take him for JR.

The Rockets would take the opportunity and would ask for A. Gordon and would even propose to give you Knight + a 1st pick + a salary filler (maybe Melo)... they won't take Fournier, they are looking for a PF as to replace Ariza.

What could work but at some cost for picks and young assets, would be trading Mozgov for Lin + Dedmon with Atlanta... The Hawks would do that because they are looking to buy bad contracts that are expiring after the 19/20 season (but not later) so that they can put the money on their books and avoid heavy taxation for being below the low salary line... They would then waive Mozgov...

The bad thing is that the Hawks would probably ask for you to add your a 1st pick or at least 2x2nd picks and would additionally ask for two out of Briscoe, Birch or Frazier for you to add...

ewing
11-28-2018, 06:40 PM
Anyone want Courtney Lee?

warfelg
11-28-2018, 07:11 PM

Retirement does.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-30-2018, 10:50 AM

I'd almost consider Lee for Snell. You get a extra year of Snell. Lee,Henson,Delly would all be expiring contracts after next season.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-york-knicks/courtney-lee-6144/

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/milwaukee-bucks/tony-snell-13333/

Just noticed Lee is 33 years old wow. I probably pass.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-30-2018, 10:54 AM

I suggested on the Bucks board to go after expiring contract of Ross or Fournier. Bucks need a SG. Bucks need a back up PG and starting SG and another center since Henson is injured and Maker regressed. Also Magic have Hammond as GM.

buckalis
11-30-2018, 11:39 AM
I suggested on the Bucks board to go after expiring contract of Ross or Fournier. Bucks need a SG. Bucks need a back up PG and starting SG and another center since Henson is injured and Maker regressed. Also Magic have Hammond as GM.

What do the Bucks need another SG for? They can't even rotate enough the ones that they have and are all scoring more than 40% from deep... :D:D:speechless::speechless::D:D

Who the Bucks will start for PG if Bledsoe suffers an injury? Can you answer this?

I'm really amazed with the level of basketball IQ that exists in this forum... it's bloody full with "basketball Einsteins"...

R. Johnson#3
11-30-2018, 11:46 AM
Celtics trade to the Pelicans:

Al Horford
Jaylen Brown
Gordon Hayward
2 1st Round Protected Draft Picks (2021, 2022)

Pelicans trade to the Celtics:

Anthony Davis

We acquire AD by giving up Hayward, Brown, Horford and 2 first round protected picks to the Pelicans. The Pelicans are gonna be rebuilding anyway once AD leaves. Not to mention Anthony Davis to the Celtics has been talked about a lot so why wouldn't this trade make sense? You pair up AD with Kyrie and Tatum and the Pelicans get younger on top of it. Plus if somehow Hayward were to get healthy again and become the Hayward of old on top of Horford getting back to his old self in New Orleans then everyone wins more or less.

I'm curious, why do you think the Pels want to do the C's a favour? Jaylen Brown's value is in the toilet right now and Hayward is getting paid $30+ mil to take jump shots. Right now I feel confident in saying that Hayward's contract is amongst the worst in the NBA. If he doesn't figure his game out then his deal will cripple the C's going forward and he will be unmovable.

R. Johnson#3
11-30-2018, 11:54 AM
As for the Raptors, how about CJ Miles for anybody that can shoot a 3. I'd even go as far as offering the Hawks CJ and a future 2nd for Vince. I really just want to see Vince in a Raps uni again before he retires but he'd actually be an upgrade over CJ.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-30-2018, 12:43 PM
What do the Bucks need another SG for? They can't even rotate enough the ones that they have and are all scoring more than 40% from deep... :D:D:speechless::speechless::D:D

Who the Bucks will start for PG if Bledsoe suffers an injury? Can you answer this?

I'm really amazed with the level of basketball IQ that exists in this forum... it's bloody full with "basketball Einsteins"...

You were right there talking Beal, Butler, Bazemore, Korver. You would rather force Middleton back down to SG when he's strictly SF here on out. Just like you would call Brogdon a PG yet when is isn't. He's a slow plodding SG. No wonder most the Bucks board posters vanished since you arrived. Your a broken record. Best to put you on ignore. Less clutter to read.

buckalis
11-30-2018, 12:54 PM
You were right there talking Beal, Butler, Bazemore, Korver. You would rather force Middleton back down to SG when he's strictly SF here on out. Just like you would call Brogdon a PG yet when is isn't. He's a slow plodding SG. No wonder most the Bucks board posters vanished since you arrived. Your a broken record. Best to put you on ignore. Less clutter to read.

Whatever, be my guest... still the coaching team and FO would laugh with "trading Brogdon" (bold - because the ones that have the clam know nothing about basketball, or have an alternative proposal) and "trade Brogdon for Beal, JR Smith or Korver" nonesense proposals...

and please tell me this... Who do you (or other basketball Einstein) play if Bledsoe gets injured? ...that you failed to answer, right? ... can you please answer this "Mr. basketball Einstein of crap"? ...this guy sees "slow plodders" even with players (like Brogdon) that out leg their opponent guards every single night... LOL...