PDA

View Full Version : 10/19 NBA GameThread

kdspurman
10-19-2018, 03:45 PM
Friday October 19th, 2018

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/5120/thumbs/512019262015.gif@http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/217/thumbs/wd9ic7qafgfb0yxs7tem7n5g4.gif

7:00PM

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/216/thumbs/2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gif@http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/3786/thumbs/hsuff5m3dgiv20kovde422r1f.gif

7:30PM

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/213/thumbs/slhg02hbef3j1ov4lsnwyol5o.gif@http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/227/thumbs/22745782016.gif

8:00PM
http://i66.tinypic.com/2di4k9i.jpg

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/220/thumbs/22091682016.gif@http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/231/thumbs/23143732019.gif

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/222/thumbs/22269212018.gif@http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/232/thumbs/23296692018.gif

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/240/thumbs/24040432017.gif@http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/4962/thumbs/496226812014.gif

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/224/thumbs/22448122018.gif@http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/225/thumbs/22582752016.gif

8:30PM

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/235/thumbs/qhhir6fj8zp30f33s7sfb4yw0.gif@http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/234/thumbs/23467492017.gif

10:30PM
http://i66.tinypic.com/2di4k9i.jpg

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/2687/thumbs/khmovcnezy06c3nm05ccn0oj2.gif@http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/236/thumbs/23654622016.gif

Rivera
10-19-2018, 04:15 PM
went 8-3 on the Wednesday slate, didnt predict yesterday due to 3 games long so lets see how good I do

Magic, Nets, Toronto, Memphis, Minnesota, Pelicans, Bucks, Jazz, Clipps

kdspurman
10-19-2018, 04:39 PM
went 8-3 on the Wednesday slate, didnt predict yesterday due to 3 games long so lets see how good I do

I'm going Hornets, Knicks, Raptors, Grizz, Wolves, Pels, Bucks, Jazz, OKC (If WB plays) Clips if he doesn't

buckalis
10-19-2018, 04:48 PM

Yes... I've quoted you on your misses last time and will do it again today... Hornets, don't be sure on Nets, Knicks may do them, Celtics should win this because they are coming the same roster "chemistry" and coaching as last season, GSW, Thunder... too many mistakes this time!

Rivera
10-19-2018, 04:51 PM
Yes... I've quoted you on your misses last time and will do it again today... Hornets, don't be sure on Nets, Knicks may do them, Celtics should win this because they are coming the same roster "chemistry" and coaching as last season, GSW, Thunder... too many mistakes this time!

thats fine you can quote me, ill take 8-3 all day

Rivera
10-19-2018, 04:53 PM

lets have fun and see who has better predictions, give me all your winners for todays slate of games

i wont be able to quote and check back until monday, I am not active on PSD over the weekends, i might make a post during the weekend but i wont go through and read a thread like i do during the weekdays

WaDe03
10-19-2018, 04:56 PM
Donít back down buckalis we want to see your predictions.

Rivera
10-19-2018, 05:06 PM
Donít back down buckalis we want to see your predictions.

hes trying to roast me for going 8 out of 11 right lol like because im not perfect hes got to "call me out" lol

i understand if i went 3-8 but i think 8-3 is good :shrug:

WhiteShadow42
10-19-2018, 05:09 PM
1. Magic because they are playing at home.
2. Both these teams are tanking. The players don't know it yet but they are already in tank mode.
3. Give the edge to Boston since Kahwi is still rusty.
4. Haws and Memphis. See explanation #2.
5. Minny. Especially is Butler is not traded yet.
6. NO will demolish the Kings. After the game people are going to act like they are going to be the #2 seed this year.
7. The Bucks and Pacer game is going to be a good one. Probably best EC game of the day. I'll pick Bucks just because I don't want Buckalis on my case if I don't.
8. Warriors and Jazz will be the best WC game of the day. I will go with Utah. They are very very good at home.
9. Clippers because Westbrook is probably not going to play. If he does then OKC.

WaDe03
10-19-2018, 05:19 PM
hes trying to roast me for going 8 out of 11 right lol like because im not perfect hes got to "call me out" lol

i understand if i went 3-8 but i think 8-3 is good :shrug:

He wonít post his predictions though because heís soft.

buckalis
10-19-2018, 05:49 PM
7. The Bucks and Pacer game is going to be a good one. Probably best EC game of the day. I'll pick Bucks just because I don't want Buckalis on my case if I don't.

Actually I think this is quite a "dangerous" game for the Bucks, because Indy is the same in tactics and coaching from last season, while the Bucks are with new coach and tactics, which surely isn't perfected yet...

EDIT: I would give it 60/40 for the Bucks to win it, but if they do, it means they'll end up top-3 in the East (as Zach Lowe predicts)...

warfelg
10-19-2018, 05:58 PM
How does a bucks win in game two mean top 3 finish in the east?

Also I like the Pacers in this game. They made some sneaky good moves this offseason.

Rivera
10-19-2018, 05:59 PM
Actually I think this is quite a "dangerous" game for the Bucks, because Indy is the same in tactics and coaching from last season, while the Bucks are with new coach and tactics, which surely isn't perfected yet...

EDIT: I would give it 60/40 for the Bucks to win it, but if they do, it means they'll end up top-3 in the East (as Zach Lowe predicts)...

Umm your predictions?

buckalis
10-19-2018, 06:06 PM
How does a bucks win in game two mean top 3 finish in the east?

It doesn't in general, it does in this case because it means that the Bucks are near ready and have tested it against a solid team that is as ready as it can be and will be TOP-5...

Also I like the Pacers in this game. They made some sneaky good moves this offseason. Yes... it was all solid additions for fine tuning roster depth where needed, without altering team tactics or team core...

buckalis
10-19-2018, 06:09 PM
Umm your predictions?

I've quoted on your predictions with mine, haven't I?

Rivera
10-19-2018, 06:24 PM
I've quoted on your predictions with mine, haven't I?

No you said like 2 games and used words like should. You didnít list all the winners for today. Can you please post your winners for tonight ?

buckalis
10-19-2018, 06:31 PM
No you said like 2 games and used words like should. You didnít list all the winners for today. Can you please post your winners for tonight ?

Hornets, Knicks, Celtics, Bears, Wolves, Bucks, GSW, Thunder...

EDIT: Oooups... forgot the Pelicans! (I'm allowed since game hasn't started, ...right?)

More-Than-Most
10-19-2018, 07:15 PM

keeping track? you know i am down to try and show me->you

Hornets/Knicks/Wolves/celtics/Grizz/Pelicans/Pacers/warriors/Thunder

WhiteShadow42
10-19-2018, 07:51 PM
]How does a bucks win in game two mean top 3 finish in the east?[/B]

Also I like the Pacers in this game. They made some sneaky good moves this offseason.

He is psychic.

I honestly don't know which way that game is going to go. I can't believe I'm saying this but I agree with Buckalis on 60/40 Bucks.

MJNetsIsles
10-19-2018, 08:11 PM
Nice first Quarter. Letís keep it going Brooklyn!

More-Than-Most
10-19-2018, 09:57 PM
KL just took over wow... its gonna be hilarious when this dude stays in toronto... I never understood the hate for playing in toronto.

Also the new big 3... davis/randle/mirotic.

MJNetsIsles
10-19-2018, 10:03 PM
Win #1 on the season for the Nets!
Battle of NYC goes to ...Brooklyn. Great game.

And who else saw Sam Darnold sitting court side?
Thatís my QB.

kdspurman
10-19-2018, 10:18 PM
KL just took over wow... its gonna be hilarious when this dude stays in toronto... I never understood the hate for playing in toronto.

Also the new big 3... davis/randle/mirotic.

Its what he does man. So good

More-Than-Most
10-19-2018, 10:20 PM
Mirotic is going the **** off... randle is covering both ends and AD is looking relaxed.

KL is carrying right now and taking apart the celtics.

Towns..... Looks like he gives no ****s. Sorry Hawkeye.... Its sad but butler has to be traded even though he is playing insane to start the season... You cant have your best player look uninterested and he does right now and it has to be because of butler.

More-Than-Most
10-19-2018, 10:24 PM
tatum forcing everything the past few minutes and its killing the celtics.

More-Than-Most
10-19-2018, 10:24 PM
and that is game... this is what a healthy KL does people. Holy ****

kdspurman
10-19-2018, 10:26 PM
Dam Pels putting up nearly 150 in regulation

More-Than-Most
10-19-2018, 10:26 PM
the regret from laker fans is gonna be real... losing randle is gonna burn them for years to come.

More-Than-Most
10-19-2018, 10:27 PM
Dam Pels putting up nearly 150 in regulation

mirotic/randle/davis have so much chemistry its insane... it shouldnt be this easy the first 2 games. Randle might be a top 3 signing this off season

ZH721
10-19-2018, 10:27 PM
Mirotic is going the **** off... randle is covering both ends and AD is looking relaxed.

KL is carrying right now and taking apart the celtics.

Towns..... Looks like he gives no ****s. Sorry Hawkeye.... Its sad but butler has to be traded even though he is playing insane to start the season... You cant have your best player look uninterested and he does right now and it has to be because of butler.

Leonard was 10-25. Not exactly tearing apart lol.

Good win by the Raptors though.

zn23
10-19-2018, 10:29 PM
The Raps are better than the Celtics and will represent the East this year.

Also Jayson Tatum is so overrated its ridiculous. The way people talk about him is as if he's a top 15 player in this league. He's not.

ZH721
10-19-2018, 10:31 PM

Also Jayson Tatum is so overrated its ridiculous. The way people talk about him is as if he's a top 15 player in this league. He's not.

LMAO this guy. :laugh2:

kdspurman
10-19-2018, 10:31 PM
and that is game... this is what a healthy KL does people. Holy ****

Uncle Dennis man. :(

More-Than-Most
10-19-2018, 10:33 PM
Leonard was 10-25. Not exactly tearing apart lol.

Good win by the Raptors though.

sigh... when will people learn. not his best shooting performance but he did everything else against one of the better defenses with no real chemistry... he literally took over the 2nd half and his man defense and off the ball defense was what has made his so special year after year when healthy.

kdspurman
10-19-2018, 10:33 PM
mirotic/randle/davis have so much chemistry its insane... it shouldnt be this easy the first 2 games. Randle might be a top 3 signing this off season

Yea.. they're definitely looking strong. Hoping AD can stay healthy

More-Than-Most
10-19-2018, 10:35 PM
LMAO this guy. :laugh2:

i still think celts will end up the 1 seed but he isnt wrong about the tatum hype train... it seems like every and anyone can play in their system with all the help and as much love as tatum has got his first year and this year... he came in more ready than anyone so its expected that he would start off better than most.. he has size/shooting and his offensive game was always there but he is insanely over hyped.

Really think about this... look at what tatum did last year and he was probably talked about more than ben simmons who was worlds better.

FlakeyFool
10-19-2018, 10:36 PM
Demar dewho

More-Than-Most
10-19-2018, 10:39 PM
lol i need the raptors.... i need them to take out the celtics for us sixer fans because we match up much better with toronto than we do boston.

zn23
i still think celts will end up the 1 seed but he isnt wrong about the tatum hype train... it seems like every and anyone can play in their system with all the help and as much love as tatum has got his first year and this year... he came in more ready than anyone so its expected that he would start off better than most.. he has size/shooting and his offensive game was always there but he is insanely over hyped.

Really think about this... look at what tatum did last year and he was probably talked about more than ben simmons who was worlds better.

On ESPN they were comparing him to the next Kobe Bryant, I mean that is incredibly insulting to Kobe.

I mean he had a decent year on a very good team, playing for a great coach.

Simmons won ROY last year, which I did have issues with, but he's nowhere near Simmons' class as a player. Simmons has difficulties shooting, but he's way better than Tatum.

ZH721

You said youíd take Fultz over Tatum. Your posts have no credibility.

kdspurman
10-19-2018, 10:42 PM
lol i need the raptors.... i need them to take out the celtics for us sixer fans because we match up much better with toronto than we do boston.

Idk, they'd be a super tough matchup too. Just think, you guys could've had Kawhi

Heediot
10-19-2018, 10:44 PM
Kawhi was kind of selfish on offense to be honest. Not too sure if he was doing it on his own, or if Nick Nurse wants him to be aggressive to set up other teams down the line.

Heediot
10-19-2018, 10:47 PM
I think Tatum was just erratic tonight with the offensive fouls and dumb fouls. I still think he's a stud in the making. Game is smooth like Butter. He unraveled in the 2nd half.

More-Than-Most
10-19-2018, 10:48 PM
You said youíd take Fultz over Tatum. Your posts have no credibility.

tatum is clearly better no doubt... but for whatever reason it seems like the less intelligent basketball people on this site seem to think 1 player is always gonna be better after 1 season for 1 player and 15 games for the other which is interesting to me esp when you factor in just 1 and a half years ago fultz had more upside than anyone by most people and tatum was the more ready nba talent... fultz got into his own head and ****ed things up that for the most part now seems fixed where is tatum came out and played how most who understood his game knew he would come out... Its called talent levels... Tatum is the safer pick but fultz has more talent and him messing up his shot for 1 season doesnt really take away from the talent he has it just set him back a year and well for a 19 year old that isnt a huge deal....

but by all means... a guy like kobe was amazing his first year right? Now tatum could end up being the very best player in this draft but yes id rather stick with fultz.

More-Than-Most
10-19-2018, 10:49 PM
Idk, they'd be a super tough matchup too. Just think, you guys could've had Kawhi

lol honestly we couldnt... spurs only want embiid or simmons and i dont blame them and if KL was signed down long term then it would be worth but we couldnt give up those guys with the risk of KL walking or not being healthy

kdspurman
10-19-2018, 10:49 PM
Kawhi was kind of selfish on offense to be honest. Not too sure if he was doing it on his own, or if Nick Nurse wants him to be aggressive to set up other teams down the line.

Thats basically how he was in his last real season with us. But because he was so efficient, it made it easier to accept. Sometimes he'd force it, but he can score in so many ways.

Becoming a playmaker/ball handler was the 1 thing (Imo) that he needed to add to his game to elevate to new heights

kdspurman
10-19-2018, 10:53 PM
lol honestly we couldnt... spurs only want embiid or simmons and i dont blame them and if KL was signed down long term then it would be worth but we couldnt give up those guys with the risk of KL walking or not being healthy

I get it.. I think he wouldve strongly considered staying there, there was connections. And if DG was included, that would've been something. Kawhi and Embiid are on complete opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of personality lol

More-Than-Most
10-19-2018, 10:55 PM
Thats basically how he was in his last real season with us. But because he was so efficient, it made it easier to accept. Sometimes he'd force it, but he can score in so many ways.

Becoming a playmaker/ball handler was the 1 thing (Imo) that he needed to add to his game to elevate to new heights

let me ask you something just out of sheer curiosity... how was tony parkers shot when he entered the league? I could swear pre spures and year 1 he had a bad form and not a really good shot but went on to welp be amazing.

More-Than-Most
10-19-2018, 10:57 PM
I just cant believe how people only pay attention to shooting in todays NBA... shooting is huge but there is about 900 other things that a player can have... its basketball not a game of horse.

More-Than-Most
10-19-2018, 11:00 PM
its whatever lol... fultz will show people just like embiid did and simmons did... hell embiid was never suppose to play more than 30 games or 18 minutes a night by people on here and simmons was a bust in the making and would get exposed because he cant shoot 3s or fts but only went on to have one of the best rookie seasons and already amazing through the first 2 games..... seems legit.

More-Than-Most
10-19-2018, 11:01 PM
i really really really wish utah would add a KL or a butler asap.

Jamiecballer
10-19-2018, 11:22 PM

Also Jayson Tatum is so overrated its ridiculous. The way people talk about him is as if he's a top 15 player in this league. He's not.I think Tatum will be special but you are right on both counts.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

aman_13
10-19-2018, 11:41 PM
Kawhi was kind of selfish on offense to be honest. Not too sure if he was doing it on his own, or if Nick Nurse wants him to be aggressive to set up other teams down the line.He's an iso scorer or at least he was in his MVP form.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

kdspurman
10-19-2018, 11:47 PM
let me ask you something just out of sheer curiosity... how was tony parkers shot when he entered the league? I could swear pre spures and year 1 he had a bad form and not a really good shot but went on to welp be amazing.

His form was not too bad, but yea. Dude couldn't hit a shot, no one respected him outside the paint. Once he got that mid range shot down, it's what made him one of the toughest guards in the league to stop.

His quickness and ability to finish in traffic was what kept him playing, despite his inability to shoot consistently.

kdspurman
10-19-2018, 11:50 PM
Dam Utah 0_o

likemystylez
10-19-2018, 11:51 PM
warriors look to have thrown in the towel on this one- they arent even trying to guard shooters out there

More-Than-Most
10-19-2018, 11:52 PM
His form was not too bad, but yea. Dude couldn't hit a shot, no one respected him outside the paint. Once he got that mid range shot down, it's what made him one of the toughest guards in the league to stop.

His quickness and ability to finish in traffic was what kept him playing, despite his inability to shoot consistently.

simpler times... now if you cant hit 45 pct from 3 and shoot 50 pct from the field and score 25 a game you suck. Now I do think fultz/simmons need to get better with their shooting of course but its a joke how we put everything on shooting in the NBA and forget about vision/defense/first step movements/explosiveness and about 10 other things that go into an NBA player.

More-Than-Most
10-19-2018, 11:53 PM
Dam Utah 0_o

Gobert is a god... This is why them getting cousins isnt fair... Utah could have caused them problems come playoff time but not now... not with cousins.

likemystylez
10-19-2018, 11:56 PM
Gobert is a god... This is why them getting cousins isnt fair... Utah could have caused them problems come playoff time but not now... not with cousins.

if the warriors refuse to even get within 10 feet of all shooters every play... cousins isnt going to make a difference

kdspurman
10-20-2018, 12:01 AM
simpler times... now if you cant hit 45 pct from 3 and shoot 50 pct from the field and score 25 a game you suck. Now I do think fultz/simmons need to get better with their shooting of course but its a joke how we put everything on shooting in the NBA and forget about vision/defense/first step movements/explosiveness and about 10 other things that go into an NBA player.

Yea man, I mean obviously it can elevate your game/opportunities, but the notion that if you can't shoot you suck (even in today's game) is crazy. there's a lot more you can do on the court to be impactful

More-Than-Most
10-20-2018, 12:07 AM
welp had to see this coming... the way the first half was officiated and how the 2nd half is officiated is so ****ing stupid... already they are letting the warriors be super physical in these first 2 and a half minutes to cut into the utah lead. Curry fouled on that play and took it in for a layup and the refs looked right at it lol

More-Than-Most
10-20-2018, 12:08 AM
green fouls/whines because of the call even though its a clear as day foul

More-Than-Most
10-20-2018, 12:09 AM
lol ok so green just pushed gobert and there isnt a tech

More-Than-Most
10-20-2018, 12:18 AM
nvm... just green being green. Not even gonna bother lol

basch152
10-20-2018, 12:19 AM
green is such a pos... how isnt that a ****ing tech or flagrant... he just ****ing elbowed mitchell.

dude he slowly raised his elbow and Mitchell clearly flopped there.

it's hilarious how biased you are.

check your biases for one goddamn game

basch152
10-20-2018, 12:20 AM
I do that exact goddamn move in basketball all the time, you're putting your arm between the defender and the ball and typically your elbow is on the defender he didn't "elbow him" he did a VERY common basketball move

basch152
10-20-2018, 12:22 AM
it's honestly hilarious how blatant of a flop by Mitchell that was

More-Than-Most
10-20-2018, 12:22 AM
dude he slowly raised his elbow and Mitchell clearly flopped there.

it's hilarious how biased you are.

check your biases for one goddamn game

lol @ mitchell flopping.

basch152
10-20-2018, 12:24 AM
lol @ mitchell flopping.

yep. it's a shame because he's one of my favorite players. but damn I hate when people flop like that.

More-Than-Most
10-20-2018, 12:25 AM
yep. it's a shame because he's one of my favorite players. but damn I hate when people flop like that.

i was laughing at you thinking that was a flop

basch152
10-20-2018, 12:26 AM
and that call against the jazz shouldnt have been called.

basch152
10-20-2018, 12:27 AM
i was laughing at you thinking that was a flop

I know you were. I was being ironic because it was such a blatant flop. Draymonds elbow went up Mitchell's side and was never forcefully pushed into him. like I said, I do that EXACT move all the time to protect the ball.

it was beyond blatant.

More-Than-Most
10-20-2018, 12:31 AM
wow what a shot to end the quarter lol

More-Than-Most
10-20-2018, 12:56 AM
yo... look at utah coming out with the heart wow

THE MTL
10-20-2018, 12:57 AM
Joe Ingles = Larry Bird!!!

More-Than-Most
10-20-2018, 12:59 AM
why does mitchell take such dumb ****ing shots... he is killing them.

More-Than-Most
10-20-2018, 01:00 AM
jesus christ mitch... you had 3 seconds yet you act like you had .3

More-Than-Most
10-20-2018, 01:01 AM
stopped ****ing shooting jesus christ.. give it to someone else.

kdspurman
10-20-2018, 01:03 AM
jesus christ mitch... you had 3 seconds yet you act like you had .3

Idk what he was thinking there

More-Than-Most
10-20-2018, 01:05 AM
mitchell just lost them the game.

More-Than-Most
10-20-2018, 01:06 AM
if you are gonna take that stupid *** shot just wait for it to be at 1 second on the shot clock... he could have wasted about 4 more seconds missing leaving warriors with 2 seconds and not 6.

More-Than-Most
10-20-2018, 01:06 AM
and app that was a deep 2... why... why why why

More-Than-Most
10-20-2018, 01:07 AM
congrats mitchelll... you were the warriors MVP tonight

More-Than-Most
10-20-2018, 01:07 AM
i ****ing hate stupid basketball.

More-Than-Most
10-20-2018, 01:09 AM
please mitch... PLEASE MAKE THIS SHOT... Grab and toss it up... now you have no choice.

More-Than-Most
10-20-2018, 01:10 AM
i just cant understand his shot selections man... like gobert/ingles/rubio hitting shots etc etc... I just dont get it.

More-Than-Most
10-20-2018, 01:13 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKTK6dF0zNs

butler turned boos to mvp chants lol

likemystylez
10-20-2018, 01:20 AM
the warriors defensive game plan was to hope the jazz start missing wide open 3 pointers... they just refused to even try to stay near shooters

likemystylez
10-20-2018, 01:22 AM
why does mitchell take such dumb ****ing shots... he is killing them.

Please- warriors didnt even cover the spread

Dade County
10-20-2018, 01:45 AM
The box scores are going to be forever inflated because of the play style of the League.

It's like every player offensively gains and extra 7 points. lol

More-Than-Most
10-20-2018, 02:35 AM
The box scores are going to be forever inflated because of the play style of the League.

yea when teams are just relying on the 3 this will happen. Honestly its smart 3 points are better than 2 and unless your team has a sick post game you are better shooting 3s statistically because the shot from a 3 and a 2 isnt really all that different while getting 1 extra point... if this keeps going the league really should think about pushing the 3 point line back some. All teams do now is space the floor and chuck 3s.

IKnowHoops
10-20-2018, 03:32 AM

If Iím the sixers Iíd do an Embiid for Kawhi...not Simmons though

Saddletramp
10-20-2018, 03:33 AM
Please- warriors didnt even cover the spread

😂😂😂😂😂

How does a team with Green, Durant and Klay give up 80 points in a half?

More-Than-Most
10-20-2018, 03:37 AM

see and this right here is why i start questioning people... tell me why?

I love simmons but tell me why? Embiid has no weaknesses except turnovers which can be easily fixable compared to a shot... if simmons doesnt have embiid the lack of shot really really really would expose him and that lack of shot... id trade neither but right now you would be willing to trade the guy that covers up for the weakness instead of the guy with the weakness? seems legit. If you add KL for embiid simmons suffers the most... KL cant cover up for the simmons weakness like embiid can because KL doesnt command double teams every single time he touches the ball which opens up the drive ability of big bem.

Id trade neither but embiid doesnt need an embiid to make embiid successful at this point in time... simmons needs an embiid to keep simmons successful

Heediot
10-20-2018, 05:05 AM
He's an iso scorer or at least he was in his MVP form.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I just felt that there were times he could of made the pass and got the better look for the team. On fast breaks he was a black hole, and sometimes when he drove, there were guys open with he seemed stubborn.

ewing
10-20-2018, 07:39 AM

Haha. Itís started

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warfelg
10-20-2018, 08:33 AM

7-2

Hornets, Knicks, Celtics, Bears, Wolves, Bucks, GSW, Thunder...

EDIT: Oooups... forgot the Pelicans! (I'm allowed since game hasn't started, ...right?)

6-3....assuming that Bears means Grizzlies since there is not 'Bears' in the NBA.

ewing
10-20-2018, 08:44 AM
MTM is off to great start this year. I think he will lead the forum in tantrums. I don't think anyone can complete.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-20-2018, 08:55 AM
John Henson hit two three's last night.

More-Than-Most
10-20-2018, 08:56 AM
MTM is off to great start this year. I think he will lead the forum in tantrums. I don't anyone can complete.

yea the benefit of being a fan of a relevant team... one day you will walk in my shoes as well : )

ewing
10-20-2018, 08:58 AM
yea the benefit of being a fan of a relevant team... one day you will walk in my shoes as well : )

Not everyone is a knicks fan. What's your secret?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-20-2018, 08:58 AM

I would of traded Simmons for Kawhi in a heartbeat. Pops wanted either Embiid or Simmons.

buckalis
10-20-2018, 09:02 AM
7-2

6-3....assuming that Bears means Grizzlies since there is not 'Bears' in the NBA.

The... Bees will have a playoff run this season... it will be a close run between the Heat, the Wizards, the Pistons and the Hornets... My bet would go with the Pistons being the ones that won't make it!

likemystylez
10-20-2018, 09:50 AM
😂😂😂😂😂

How does a team with Green, Durant and Klay give up 80 points in a half?

absolutely horrendous defensive effort. of the 19 3s made by the jazz, I honestly think less than 5 of them were even reasonably defended. Then you look at Durants shot at the end there and it wasnt even a 3 but he had 2 guys right on him as he shot it. If warriors defended every 3 even 1/2 as well as they defended durants buzzer beater attempt- warriors win that game by 20 points

likemystylez
10-20-2018, 09:52 AM

Yeah thats the warriors lack of defense haha.....they were literally just hoping the jazz started missing open 3s.

Rivera
10-20-2018, 09:53 AM
keeping track? you know i am down to try and show me->you

Hornets/Knicks/Wolves/celtics/Grizz/Pelicans/Pacers/warriors/Thunder

I beat you! My arch nemesis goes down again! Wrestling /NBA/MLB I own you

Riv 7-2 15-5 for the season
Buckalis 6-3
MTM 5-4

Rivera
10-20-2018, 09:54 AM
I'm going Hornets, Knicks, Raptors, Grizz, Wolves, Pels, Bucks, Jazz, OKC (If WB plays) Clips if he doesn't

7-2 Ties for first between the 4 of us

IKnowHoops
10-20-2018, 11:27 AM

I love simmons but tell me why? Embiid has no weaknesses except turnovers which can be easily fixable compared to a shot... if simmons doesnt have embiid the lack of shot really really really would expose him and that lack of shot... id trade neither but right now you would be willing to trade the guy that covers up for the weakness instead of the guy with the weakness? seems legit. If you add KL for embiid simmons suffers the most... KL cant cover up for the simmons weakness like embiid can because KL doesnt command double teams every single time he touches the ball which opens up the drive ability of big bem.

Id trade neither but embiid doesnt need an embiid to make embiid successful at this point in time... simmons needs an embiid to keep simmons successful

Simmons has the same weekeness Bron had.

Simmons makes everyone better and his upside is amazing

I donít like Embiids legs.

Kawhi is a great shooter

Simmons and Kawhi Tandem I love. They make each other better.

Embiid is kind of a black hole/ball stopper. Heís was reminding me of washed melo against the Celtics. Shot every time he got the ball, didnít care where he was, and mostly missed. And again, I donít like his legs, they just donít seem sturdy.

Does this explain it for you?

If Al Horford is packing your só- and owning you and muscling you every time you play...and your saying his only weekness is turnovers? Watching his legs buckle back and forth as he tries his best to get by Al, and watching Al just say no every time is driving Embiids stock down in my eyes. Itís almost as if his knees or legs are unable to do what is necessary to get by horford.

I donít like Embiids legs, how they move, how they react, how they are always looking ďslothyĒ and exaggerated.

IKnowHoops
10-20-2018, 11:28 AM
Haha. Itís started

I too think Tatum is overrated

ewing
10-20-2018, 11:53 AM
I too think Tatum is overrated

Maybe he is damn good but definitely not top 15 like that guys post said people were saying. I was referring to Raptor fans thinking they are coming out of the EAST

ewing
10-20-2018, 11:55 AM

Kawhi is a great shooter

Embiid is kind of a black hole/ball stopper. Heís was reminding me of washed melo against the Celtics. Shot every time he got the ball, didnít care where he was, and mostly missed. And again, I donít like his legs, they just donít seem sturdy.

If Al Horford is packing your só- and owning you and muscling you every time you play...and your saying his only weekness is turnovers? Watching his legs buckle back and forth as he tries his best to get by Al, and watching Al just say no every time is driving Embiids stock down in my eyes. Itís almost as if his knees or legs are unable to do what is necessary to get by horford.

I donít like Embiids legs, how they move, how they react, how they are always looking ďslothyĒ and exaggerated.

Adding another wing and making Simmons a point center would be some interesting ****

PAOboston
10-20-2018, 11:57 AM
Basketball fans deserve a Cs-Raps playoff series. That was fun to watch, even for a Cs fan last night (excluding result).

It will be interesting to see how Ibaka holds up over the course of the season. I thought he was pretty awesome last night and made a huge difference for them.

Also, Danny Green was a big get for them. That dude hits 3s in his sleep.

ewing
10-20-2018, 12:41 PM
Basketball fans deserve a Cs-Raps playoff series. That was fun to watch, even for a Cs fan last night (excluding result).

It will be interesting to see how Ibaka holds up over the course of the season. I thought he was pretty awesome last night and made a huge difference for them.

Also, Danny Green was a big get for them. That dude hits 3s in his sleep.

Danny Green hits 3s in his sleep except when he doesnít. Still a underrated addition

Chronz
10-20-2018, 01:07 PM

Kawhi is a great shooter

What? Bron could hit jumpers tho. Simmons is literally scared of trying to shoot. Not the same at all.

Chronz
10-20-2018, 01:09 PM

True but to me it makes more sense because kawhi would be maximized with Embiid, as opposed to another ball handler who will make him worse

IKnowHoops
10-20-2018, 01:13 PM
What? Bron could hit jumpers tho. Simmons is literally scared of trying to shoot. Not the same at all.

Brons come a long way with his shot. His shot was indeed at one point, broke

IKnowHoops
10-20-2018, 01:15 PM
True but to me it makes more sense because kawhi would be maximized with Embiid, as opposed to another ball handler who will make him worse

Did Stockton make Malone worse?

Did Magic make Worthy worse?

Did Moses make Dr J better?

warfelg
10-20-2018, 01:29 PM

We tend to forget how far Bron came with his shot. Just like we do with VC, JKidd, JRich.

Jamiecballer
10-20-2018, 01:36 PM
Maybe he is damn good but definitely not top 15 like that guys post said people were saying. I was referring to Raptor fans thinking they are coming out of the EAST

i know you are trying to pretend like the same people voicing that opinion didn't say the exact same thing in the off-season.

PAOboston
10-20-2018, 02:00 PM
We tend to forget how far Bron came with his shot. Just like we do with VC, JKidd, JRich.

Lebron did come a long long way with his shot. But I think the point is it was never at the point Simmons is. Lebron wasnít afraid to shoot jumpers. Simmons does everything to avoid them.

Simmons is legit a taller Rondo right now (without the crappy attitude). Rondo used to do the same thing with doing everything in his power to avoid taking a jumper. Used to drive Cs fans mad.

His size obviously gives him an advantage but his fear of shooting needs to be addressed. He just needs the threat of an actual jumper. I donít think it will be an issue during the regular season cause heís that good but teams with the right personnel will give him fits in the playoffs.

buckalis
10-20-2018, 02:22 PM
Lebron did come a long long way with his shot. But I think the point is it was never at the point Simmons is. Lebron wasnít afraid to shoot jumpers. Simmons does everything to avoid them.

Simmons is legit a taller Rondo right now (without the crappy attitude). Rondo used to do the same thing with doing everything in his power to avoid taking a jumper. Used to drive Cs fans mad.

His size obviously gives him an advantage but his fear of shooting needs to be addressed. He just needs the threat of an actual jumper. I donít think it will be an issue during the regular season cause heís that good but teams with the right personnel will give him fits in the playoffs.

Vazeli...

ewing
10-20-2018, 02:55 PM
i know you are trying to pretend like the same people voicing that opinion didn't say the exact same thing in the off-season.

You guys never stop saying it. Thatís why itís funny

kdspurman
10-20-2018, 04:54 PM
7-2 Ties for first between the 4 of us

Sweet

buckalis
10-20-2018, 05:33 PM

Tatum is a great talent that will surely be an All-Star soon... Teams fans do tend to exaggerate, he is not TOP-15, but he will be... The Dinosaurs, may top the Celtics this season... but they won't top my Bucks... You won't represent the East this season, neither you will the next one!

buckalis
10-20-2018, 05:35 PM
Fear the Deer, you all!

Jamiecballer
10-20-2018, 05:51 PM
You guys never stop saying it. Thatís why itís funny

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYour jokes rely on people having very short memories. Last year and this offseason is a pretty short "forever"

ewing
10-20-2018, 06:26 PM
Your jokes rely on people having very short memories. Last year and this offseason is a pretty short "forever"

It happens every year. At least let the new team play a couple games first.

Jamiecballer
10-20-2018, 07:26 PM
It happens every year. At least let the new team play a couple games first.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYou are generalizing largely. It would be like me saying the Knicks wont suck every year. That's optimism. Entirely different than saying this team can and should make it out of the east. Same with saying the Raptors wont fold in the playoffs. Raptor fans, and it would seem, wrongly, gave DeRozan the benefit of the doubt every year. But before last year nobody, not even our own fans, meant that we would be in the finals. Before last year, we were saying this will be the year we will lose but with dignity. LOL. Last year we should have made the ECF finals, at least. This year, no reason to not expect the same or more.

Chronz
10-20-2018, 07:43 PM
Brons come a long way with his shot. His shot was indeed at one point, broke
Lol, no way. Just getting to young bron would be a long way for simmons

Chronz
10-20-2018, 07:46 PM
Did Stockton make Malone worse?

Did Magic make Worthy worse?

Did Moses make Dr J better?
No. Embiid would make kawhi better than simmons tho. It's more like asking if magic made norm Nixon worse, and the answer is he produced more without him.

Chronz
10-20-2018, 07:47 PM
Nah, you guys just tend to oversimplify things.