PDA

View Full Version : Zach Lowe's crazy predictions

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-17-2018, 08:51 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24988629/zach-lowe-crazy-predictions-2018-19-nba-season

Bucks gets some love. Giannis as MVP and makes all defensive team. Bucks #3 for east in playoffs. Ahead of Philly. Has Durant signing with Knicks next offseason.

mightybosstone
10-17-2018, 01:19 PM
I was just saying how crazy Milwaukee over Philly is, and then Zach Lowe has to go and contradict me. That being said, I think the guy is honestly just looking for some predictions of things that could feasibly happen and that are fairly bold statements. I think most sane people would still have Philly ahead of Milwaukee.

That's not to say the Bucks couldn't possibly finish ahead of the 76ers in the East. They certainly could. Embiid has a history of injury problems, and we don't really know what Fulltz is going to be or how much progress Simmons is going to make. But the talent disparity is too great for me to ignore, and I just think it isn't especially likely.

WaDe03
10-17-2018, 01:23 PM
Crazy.

Chronz
10-17-2018, 01:37 PM
"He's not going back to Oklahoma City. I'd be dumbfounded if he joined LeBron. He must know the Warriors will always be Curry's team. The social media slights will never stop as long as Durant is there. People who know Durant say part of him must crave the challenge of being the undisputed alpha dog and lead ball handler -- of putting up a 32-10-8 stat line. Some of those same people wonder if he is a little scared of that challenge."

I think curry takes the reigns this year, kicking kd out for his troubles. I too thought we were sleeping on Milwaukee. Giannis is taking the leap and will finally be worthy of the praise yall have been lavishing him with. Sucks they gotta pay Middleton superstar money soon.

Hawkeye15
10-17-2018, 02:03 PM
I predict Andrew Wiggins actually passes away due to boredom in the middle of a game this season.

Hawkeye15
10-17-2018, 02:04 PM
"He's not going back to Oklahoma City. I'd be dumbfounded if he joined LeBron. He must know the Warriors will always be Curry's team. The social media slights will never stop as long as Durant is there. People who know Durant say part of him must crave the challenge of being the undisputed alpha dog and lead ball handler -- of putting up a 32-10-8 stat line. Some of those same people wonder if he is a little scared of that challenge."

I think curry takes the reigns this year, kicking kd out for his troubles. I too thought we were sleeping on Milwaukee. Giannis is taking the leap and will finally be worthy of the praise yall have been lavishing him with. Sucks they gotta pay Middleton superstar money soon.

they could just trade Middleton to us and take Butler back, we will overpay Middleton without question.

buckalis
10-18-2018, 03:57 PM
they could just trade Middleton to us and take Butler back, we will overpay Middleton without question.

We don't actually know what the suggestion from the Wolves side was... it surely wasn't a straight up Middleton for Butler trade...

I find it hard to believe that the Bucks would reject a Middleton for Butler (straight + money filler) trade, as with Butler it's not only 3rd place that Lowe is right to predict, it would rather be beating the Celtics in the EAST finals and only loosing from GSW in the finals for the title...

Lowe bases his prediction on the Bucks having one of the deepest roster in the league and that they'll be shooting and making more 3pts than any other team this season... His prediction for Giannis, is because Giannis has added more moves to his game and -most important- he added long shooting jumper to his game...

Don't judge things by the game in Charlotte, where Giannis was playing with a cold... The Bucks have at least another month before they'll fully adapt their game to the new coaching...

Heediot
10-18-2018, 04:28 PM

Middleton might be a better fit chemistry and locker room wise, as he has the skill set better to fit as the 2 or 3 dog. I would take Middleton and a flyer on Maker and call it a day. Don't be greedy Minny.

WestCoastSportz
10-18-2018, 07:42 PM
I think KD will stay in GS and Thompson will leave for a team like the Lakers. I don't see the Warriors paying Klay $38-40M a year. I don't think KD would want to leave either. He's winning championships, making lots of money and will be playing their home games at the Chase Center next season.

Cal827
10-18-2018, 08:41 PM
Imagine if that trade was one of his predictions :laugh2:

buckalis
10-19-2018, 08:46 AM
Middleton might be a better fit chemistry and locker room wise, as he has the skill set better to fit as the 2 or 3 dog. I would take Middleton and a flyer on Maker and call it a day. Don't be greedy Minny.

I think the Bucks would have accepted this... Most probably the Bucks rejected because the Wolves insisted to include Dieng next to Butler...

Never the less, if the Wolves seem to miss the playoffs by the trade deadline, I believe they'll be forced to trade Butler.

IKnowHoops
10-19-2018, 09:34 AM

I actual think that’s one mistake Thibs wouldn’t make...with Middleton anyway

buckalis
10-19-2018, 12:11 PM

I guess what proves you a troll beyond denial, is that you post this in your knowledge that it was Thibs calling the Bucks from Wolves side and proposed a trade that would land Middleton to the Wolves in return for Butler...

WaDe03
10-19-2018, 12:13 PM
I guess what proves a troll beyond denial, is that you post this in your knowledge that it was Thibs calling the Bucks from Wolves side and proposed a trade that would land Middleton to the Wolves in return for Butler...

Is there a trade you think the Bucks could offer that you think no other team could beat? Maybe involving 3 or 4 teams?

Oefarmy2005
10-19-2018, 02:09 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24988629/zach-lowe-crazy-predictions-2018-19-nba-season

Bucks gets some love. Giannis as MVP and makes all defensive team. Bucks #3 for east in playoffs. Ahead of Philly. Has Durant signing with Knicks next offseason.

All I have to say is, now that I live in Milwaukee, Bucks fans are flipping delusional. Giannis is great, Middleton is alright, but the rest of the roster(Brogdon and Maker are decent) is garbage. There is no way Bucks are the 3rd best team in the east. I would put them in the 5-6 range with the Wizards probably ahead and the Pacers roughly on par.

Hawkeye15
10-19-2018, 02:18 PM

I would gladly accept that trade.

buckalis
10-19-2018, 02:53 PM
All I have to say is, now that I live in Milwaukee, Bucks fans are flipping delusional. Giannis is great, Middleton is alright, but the rest of the roster(Brogdon and Maker are decent) is garbage. There is no way Bucks are the 3rd best team in the east. I would put them in the 5-6 range with the Wizards probably ahead and the Pacers roughly on par.

Who is "garbage"? Donte that the bookies play 15th (and rising) for ROTY? , Brook Lopez that has been an All-Star and is the league's leading center in 3pt shooting? Brown & Connaughton in their sophomore seasons? Snell that is 40% 3pt career shooter? or is it maybe Ilyasova and Wood that joined this season? maybe Thon Maker who is still in his rookie contract and had 7 blocks in only one playoff game against the Celtics?

Bucks now have one of the league's best roster depths buddy... Heck, Zach Lowe surely knows what he is talking about... this season's Bucks are far better than the previous season and backed up with leading coaching for floor tactics.

Hawkeye15
10-19-2018, 03:17 PM
Who is "garbage"? Donte that the bookies play 15th (and rising) for ROTY? , Brook Lopez that has been an All-Star and is the league's leading center in 3pt shooting? Brown & Connaughton in their sophomore seasons? Snell that is 40% 3pt career shooter? or is it maybe Ilyasova and Wood that joined this season? maybe Thon Maker who is still in his rookie contract and had 7 blocks in only one playoff game against the Celtics?

Bucks now have one of the league's best roster depths buddy... Heck, Zach Lowe surely knows what he is talking about... this season's Bucks are far better than the previous season and backed up with leading coaching for floor tactics.

stopped right there.

Bucks are a good team but they are for sure below Boston/Toronto/Philly. And it's a fairly steep drop. Giannis is a great player, but cmon, you are overrating the ever living crap out of your team.

Hawkeye15
10-19-2018, 03:18 PM
Brook ****ing Lopez? Get

buckalis
10-19-2018, 04:20 PM
stopped right there.

Bucks are a good team but they are for sure below Boston/Toronto/Philly. And it's a fairly steep drop. Giannis is a great player, but cmon, you are overrating the ever living crap out of your team.

Brook ****ing Lopez? Get

Other than one's opinion on who is a good player and who isn't, there is something very important in teams called "chemistry"...

It simply means that one player can be bad for one team and great in another...

In other words... If we have Giannis collecting 15+ rebs per, we don't need more than 4-5 to be collected from Lopez, if Lopez is the best 3pt shooting center in the league and we want to have all players on the floor shooting 3s and the team to achieve more than 45%... then he is great, if in addition, Giannis gets 1.5 blocks per in defense and we can add another 1.5 coming from Lopez, then he is even better, if in addition we can have him to physically challenge Embiid in posting and thus space the floor for Giannis, then he may even be the greatest fit in the roster!

Same in proportion applies for the rest of players... Then, if can have enough roster depth and can turn Delly & Henson (who where prime subs before) to "role players", so that we can foul Embiid & KAT or Simmons, Butler and Kyrie as to calm their energy down, that's an even better roster!

But... remember this as the season progresses... Wood, that nobody wanted to have before, we got him because he shares the same length, athleticism and length as Giannis does... We then had him to be working with Giannis (it's Giannis pleasure to do this) in 1 to 1 games and all Giannis program where Giannis mentors him and he is responding beyond expectations... Before the playoffs we'll be able to play 2x "like Giannis" on the floor...

buckalis
10-25-2018, 07:13 AM
It looks like Zach Lowe, is rather modest than crazy in his predictions....