PDA

View Full Version : 2018-2019 Predictions

Htownballa1622
10-15-2018, 04:39 PM
Prediction time!

Season starts tomorrow and I haven't seen this thread that's normally out. Who do y'all have for your picks?

MVP
ROY
DPOY
6TH MAN
COY
MIP

Feel free to rank your 1-8 in East/West.

TylerSL
10-15-2018, 06:00 PM
MVP-Lebron James
Rookie of the Year-Trae Young
Defensive Player of the Year-Anthony Davis
6th Man of the Year-Isaiah Thomas
Coach of the Year-Luke Walton
Most Improved Player-Josh Richardson

Maybe that last one is a bit of me hoping but I think he will be a contender for that award. Barring any major trades, in which I think it would be fair to revise, this is my top 8 for each conference (at least in terms of W/L record)

West
1. Houston
2. Golden State
3. Los Angeles Lakers
4. Utah
5. New Orleans
6. Oklahoma City
7. Denver
8. San Antonio

East
1. Toronto
2. Boston
3. Philadelphia
4. Indiana
5. Miami
6. Milwaukee
7. Washington
8. Detroit

Scoots
10-15-2018, 07:09 PM
MVP-AD
ROTY-Luka
DPOY-Dray
SMOY-Rozier
COTY-Bud
MIP-Jamal Murray

Too hard to pick the bottom 4 in each conference.

1. Warriors
2. Jazz
3. Rockets
4. Pelicans

1. Raptors
2. Celtics
3. 76ers
4. Bucks

Silent
10-15-2018, 07:50 PM
MVP-Anthony Davis
Rookie of the Year-Ayton
Defensive Player of the Year-Kevin Durant
6th Man of the Year-Isaiah Thomas
Coach of the Year-Brad Stevens
Most Improved Player-Josh Richardson

Sleeper Teams
Wolves
Suns

mightybosstone
10-15-2018, 08:19 PM
Totally off the top of my head...

MVP: Kawhi Leonard
ROY: Luka Doncic
DPOY: Rudy Gobert
6TH MAN: Eric Gordon
COY: Brad Stevens
MIP: Markelle Fultz

West:
1. Houston
2. Golden State
3. Utah
4. San Antonio
5. New Orleans
6. LA Lakers
7. Oklahoma City
8. Denver

East:
1. Boston
2. Toronto
3. Philadelphia
4. Indiana
5. Washington
6. Milwaukee
7. Miami
8. Detroit

Jamiecballer
10-15-2018, 08:42 PM
Kawhi
1. Toronto
2. Boston
3. Philly

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Cal827
10-15-2018, 08:59 PM
I think there's gonna be some backlash on Kawhi so I don't think he'd get MVP unless the Raptors absolutely dominate the season (Like 65+ wins dominate). I do see him getting DPOY though as the Raptors are absolutely solid defensively and should be in the top 3 defensively as a whole. (Best defensive player on best defensive team... Unless Nurse is Triano reincarnated)

MVP: Davis
ROY: Ben Simmons
DPOY: Kawhi
6th: Isiah Thomas
MIP: Fultz
COY: Stevens

Top of West:

1. Golden State
2. Houston

Top of East

1. Boston
2. Toronto
3. Philly

TheDish87
10-16-2018, 09:43 AM
MVP- Anthony Davis runner up Embiid
ROY- Ayton runner up Trae young
DPOY- Embiid runner up Gobert
6TH MAN- Gordon (is he starting?) runner up Reddick
COY- Billy Donovan runner up Pop
MIP- Fultz runner up Myles Turner

mightybosstone
10-16-2018, 10:55 AM
Most of the predictions I've seen seem fairly reasonable, but someone will have to explain the Isaiah Thomas winning 6th Man of the Year selection. I get that the guy is talented and is two years removed from a great season, but he's not even healthy right now, there's no timetable for his return and he was just completely abysmal last season.

Why should he be a stronger candidate than guys like Gordon and Lou Will, who are actually healthy and played well last year? It just seems like a totally random pick, and it's especially odd that 3-4 posters seem to agree with it.

Scoots
10-16-2018, 10:56 AM
I predict the West playoffs are going to be so brutal the Finals will be closer than expected.

IKnowHoops
10-16-2018, 11:21 AM
I think there's gonna be some backlash on Kawhi so I don't think he'd get MVP unless the Raptors absolutely dominate the season (Like 65+ wins dominate). I do see him getting DPOY though as the Raptors are absolutely solid defensively and should be in the top 3 defensively as a whole. (Best defensive player on best defensive team... Unless Nurse is Triano reincarnated)

MVP: Davis
ROY: Ben Simmons
DPOY: Kawhi
6th: Isiah Thomas
COY: Stevens

Top of West:

1. Golden State
2. Houston

Top of East

1. Boston
2. Toronto
3. Philly

Ben Simmons?

IKnowHoops
10-16-2018, 11:39 AM
Bron > World

I predict Bron has his best season ever this year...infusing him into a running offense, sourrounded by other long runners, should make him absolutely unstoppable. Bron is the most unstoppable player ever in transition or on a fast break.

TheDish87
10-16-2018, 12:09 PM
lololololololol do you have to do this in every single thread?

IKnowHoops
10-16-2018, 12:42 PM
lololololololol do you have to do this in every single thread?

Lolololololol...do you have to do this every time I post?

You follow heel like an errant pup.

IKnowHoops
10-16-2018, 12:47 PM
Scoots...Check Dish account...is this lol, or amosler. This guy literally stalks my posts. Haggles me, and then you send me messages about disrespecting him. Heís literally begging for it Scoots. Canít you tell he wants what I give him since he keeps coming back for more.

Can we make him exempt from the safety of my insults if heís gonna keep piggy backing my every post with crying?

TheDish87
10-16-2018, 02:09 PM
lol yea i stalk you. you post about lebron or the lakers in the majority of the threads in here dude its impossible not to see.

buckalis
10-16-2018, 02:27 PM
It's best to have those predictions, after the trade period expires... Many teams will look very different by then... Especially in the East, things are completely open, there are 4 teams that can take it and 10 that can make it to the playoffs.

IKnowHoops
10-16-2018, 03:17 PM
lol yea i stalk you. you post about lebron or the lakers in the majority of the threads in here dude its impossible not to see.

But is it impossible for you not to scratch ur eye balls out when u see it? Seeing and reacting are two diff things. You are so slow on purpose i hope, itís tough engaging with you.

Just try staying off my piece for a while. I know your thirsty, but just try and keep your distance. Youíll probably be better off and happier for it.

TheDish87
10-16-2018, 04:05 PM
in a season prediction thread you wrote "Lebron > world" come on dude how can anyone take you serious when its all you do? youve repeated yourself about 1278935795963434x this off season already.

Htownballa1622
10-16-2018, 04:13 PM
MVP: LeBron James
ROY: Trae Young
DPOY: Rudy Gobert
6TH MAN: Carmelo Anthony
COY: Brad Stevens
MIP: Markelle Fultz

West:
1. Houston
2. Golden State
3. Utah
4. Denver
5. Oklahoma City
6. LA Lakers
7. New Orleans
8. Memphis

East:
1. Toronto
2. Boston
3. Philadela
4. Indiana
5. Milwaukee
6. Washington
7. Miami
8. Detroit

Tatum and Brandon Ingram are going into the year overrated.

Rivera
10-16-2018, 04:22 PM
MVP Kawhi Leonard
ROY Luka Doncic (i said trae in another thread but changed my mind)
DPOY Kawhi Leonard
6TH MAN Eric Gordon
COY Luke Walton
MIP Brandon Ingram

buckalis
10-16-2018, 04:22 PM
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/10/hoops-rumors-writers-201819-nba-predictions.html

buckalis
10-16-2018, 05:07 PM
For the East... Celtics vs. 76ers in a few hours and Bucks vs.Pacers this Friday, will help one to have a more clear picture on how teams compare... Both extremely interesting games for one to watch...

I predict the Celtics will win today's game but only in the last minutes, but the Bucks will have an easy victory over the Pacers on Saturday.

WaDe03
10-16-2018, 05:15 PM
I predict buckalis will be banned again.

WaDe03
10-16-2018, 05:16 PM
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/10/hoops-rumors-writers-201819-nba-predictions.html

Bets are lead by LeBron.

Tg11
10-16-2018, 06:54 PM
Prediction time!

Season starts tomorrow and I haven't seen this thread that's normally out. Who do y'all have for your picks?

MVP
ROY
DPOY
6TH MAN
COY
MIP

Feel free to rank your 1-8 in East/West.

MVP- LeBron James (Los Angeles Lakers)
ROY- DeAndre Ayton (Phoenix Suns)
DPOY- Anthony Davis (New Orleans Pelicans)
6TH MAN- Danny Green (Toronto Raptors)
COY- Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)
MIP- Brandon Ingram (Los Angeles Lakers)

East

1- Celtics
2- Raptors
3- 76ers
4- Pacers
5- Bucks
6- Wizards
7- Heat
8- Pistons

West

1- Rockets
2- Warriors
3- Pelicans
4- Thunder
5- Lakers
6- Jazz
7- Trail Blazers
8- Spurs

Playoff match-ups

(1) Celtics vs (8) Pistons
(2) Raptors vs (7) Heat
(3) 76ers vs (6) Wizards
(4) Pacers vs (5) Bucks

(1) Rockets vs (8) Spurs
(2) Warriors vs (7) Trail Blazers
(3) Pelicans vs (6) Jazz
(4) Thunder vs (5) Lakers

bucketss
10-16-2018, 10:13 PM
MVP kawhi or lebron, leaning towards kawhi
ROY doncic
DPOY davis or kawhi
6TH MAN lou will
COY nick nurse
MIP pascal siakam ;) homer pick, but my pick would be a laker due to lebron elevating them. kuzma or ingram

buckalis
10-17-2018, 04:50 AM
Conclusions for the East, out of reviewing the Celtics vs. 76ers game...

-The Sixers relied on their star players, the Celtics relied on teamwork, coach tactics and roster depth. Embbiid had 43mins, Simmons had 37 mins, no player of the Celtics had more than 30mins.
-No "role" player on the Sixer's team, the Celtics used "fresh" Baynes on Embidd in the 2nd half as to "exhaust" him out...

Therefore: The Sixers will have problems with "deep roster" and well coached teams like all Celtics, Raptors, Bucks and Indy are this season... I see them not being able to achieve more than winning one only game on average out of the four with each of those teams, but... I also think the Sixers will have easier time with lower ranking seed teams, where they should be able to achieve more 4-0 wins...

So, for the Sixers to achieve 3rd seed overall is not impossible, but most probably they'll end up 4th... If they do end up 4th however, I predict they won't pass Indy in the first round of the playoffs.

So far...

East:

4. 76ers
5. Indiana
6. Wizards
7. Heat

More of my predictions after the Celtics vs. Raptors and Bucks vs. Pacers games later this week.

mightybosstone
10-17-2018, 08:16 AM
It's best to have those predictions, after the trade period expires... Many teams will look very different by then... Especially in the East, things are completely open, there are 4 teams that can take it and 10 that can make it to the playoffs.

Making predictions halfway through the season completely defeats the purpose of predictions. By the trade deadline, we'll already know who the candidates for the major awards are and roughly what the playoff contenders will be.

TheDish87
10-17-2018, 09:10 AM

-The Sixers relied on their star players, the Celtics relied on teamwork, coach tactics and roster depth. Embbiid had 43mins, Simmons had 37 mins, no player of the Celtics had more than 30mins.
-No "role" player on the Sixer's team, the Celtics used "fresh" Baynes on Embidd in the 2nd half as to "exhaust" him out...

Therefore: The Sixers will have problems with "deep roster" and well coached teams like all Celtics, Raptors, Bucks and Indy are this season... I see them not being able to achieve more than winning one only game on average out of the four with each of those teams, but... I also think the Sixers will have easier time with lower ranking seed teams, where they should be able to achieve more 4-0 wins...

So, for the Sixers to achieve 3rd seed overall is not impossible, but most probably they'll end up 4th... If they do end up 4th however, I predict they won't pass Indy in the first round of the playoffs.

So far...

East:

4. 76ers
5. Indiana
6. Wizards
7. Heat

More of my predictions after the Celtics vs. Raptors and Bucks vs. Pacers games later this week.

lol did you make a season long prediction after 1 game?

warfelg
10-17-2018, 10:03 AM
COY: Spols
DPOTY: Giannis
6MOTY: Lou Williams
ROY: Kevin Knox
MVP: Paul George

West:
GS
OKC
Hou
Port
Utah
NO
LAL
Dal

East:
Bos
Phi
Miami
Tor
Mil
Indy
Orl
Det

TheDish87
10-17-2018, 10:09 AM
Miami 3rd? seems like a big reach. Ill assume you are banking on a Butler trade.

buckalis
10-17-2018, 11:07 AM
lol did you make a season long prediction after 1 game?

yeap... just because you (and most) can't, it doesn't mean that some don't have the basketball knowledge on tactics as to do so... I do have the basketball knowledge required.

buckalis
10-17-2018, 11:23 AM

East:
Bos
Phi
Miami
Tor
Mil
Indy
Orl
Det

Can't say about ROTY, but it won't be Knox... not because he lucks the talent - I really agree that he has the highest future potential out of this season's draft - but because of his age... like with Giannis, he was the youngest drafted... he only turned 19 a month ago.

On all the rest you are far out... Giannis will win MVP this season, that I can say... but all the rest have 0 chance...

On East...

Sixers will no way be above the Bucks this season... Heat will make it at a low seed, Pistons are favorites for 8th, but not certain to just make the playoffs... The Magic 7th, that's a joke... right? Wizards you have out, will be above the Heat and below Indy.

mightybosstone
10-17-2018, 12:49 PM

West:
GS
OKC
Hou
Port
Utah
NO
LAL
Dal

East:
Bos
Phi
Miami
Tor
Mil
Indy
Orl
Det

Interesting picks here, but I just don't see any way Paul George wins MVP. Hell, I wouldn't put him in my top 10 most likely players. He's only ever finished in the top 10 in MVP voting once, and he's not capable of the level of production worthy of the award. Unless Westy misses a huge chunk of the season, and if that happens, OKC won't be good enough record-wise for him to win it.

So I'd be curious to know how you came to pick George as your MVP?

ewing
10-17-2018, 12:56 PM

West:
GS
OKC
Hou
Port
Utah
NO
LAL
Dal

East:
Bos
Phi
Miami
Tor
Mil
Indy
Orl
Det

Fultz barely played last year how can he be gauged as improved? He could be an all star and I still not think he'd be an MIP candidate. I hope you are right about Knoxs. I don't think he will be that kind of player this soon though

warfelg
10-17-2018, 12:57 PM
Interesting picks here, but I just don't see any way Paul George wins MVP. Hell, I wouldn't put him in my top 10 most likely players. He's only ever finished in the top 10 in MVP voting once, and he's not capable of the level of production worthy of the award. Unless Westy misses a huge chunk of the season, and if that happens, OKC won't be good enough record-wise for him to win it.

So I'd be curious to know how you came to pick George as your MVP?

I think that Westbrook is going to be intent on proving (or at least help prove) that Pg made the right choice to stay by feeding him the ball all year. And without Melo it makes it easier

warfelg
10-17-2018, 12:58 PM
Fultz barely played last year how can he be gauged as improved? He could be an all star and I still not think he'd be an MIP candidate

Thatís a silly take. But of course you would given previous comments.

mightybosstone
10-17-2018, 12:59 PM
Sixers will no way be above the Bucks this season... Heat will make it at a low seed, Pistons are favorites for 8th, but not certain to just make the playoffs... The Magic 7th, that's a joke... right? Wizards you have out, will be above the Heat and below Indy.

Sixers talent > Bucks talent

Quit looking at Milwaukee through homer glasses.

ewing
10-17-2018, 01:00 PM
Thatís a silly take. But of course you would given previous comments.

Why is it silly? I don't think we've seen him enough to say weather he improved or not. The guy played 14 games

warfelg
10-17-2018, 01:00 PM
Can't say about ROTY, but it won't be Knox... not because he lucks the talent - I really agree that he has the highest future potential out of this season's draft - but because of his age... like with Giannis, he was the youngest drafted... he only turned 19 a month ago.

On all the rest you are far out... Giannis will win MVP this season, that I can say... but all the rest have 0 chance...

On East...

Three silly statements.

Tatum was 19 last year and it took two unbelievable performances to keep him from ROTY. Using Knoxís age against him is absurd.

Giannis commentó-homerism at its best.

Wiz out. Yes. I think they implode this season.

warfelg
10-17-2018, 01:03 PM
Why it silly? I don't think we seen him enough to say weather he improved or not. The guy played 14 games

Weíve seen guys barely play get MIP before.

mightybosstone
10-17-2018, 01:05 PM
I think that Westbrook is going to be intent on proving (or at least help prove) that Pg made the right choice to stay by feeding him the ball all year. And without Melo it makes it easier

Fair. But I do kinda think you're really overrating OKC and those two guys a little bit in your predictions, though. With Roberson missing a huge chunk of time, too, I think that Thunder team is closer to a 5-6 seed than the 2-3 seed you see them as. I could always be wrong, though. Wouldn't be the first time...

buckalis
10-17-2018, 01:26 PM
Sixers talent > Bucks talent

Quit looking at Milwaukee through homer glasses.

But... I never look through homer glasses.... It's just that people underestimate the improvement the Bucks will have this season...

If you look at bets, the Bucks keep improving and so does Giannis for MVP as the information comes in...

The Bucks can now play all possible tactics from "3 guards on the floor", "2 guards + 2 forwards", "3 towers" and even modern "2 big PFs moving like wings with no Center"... They win for tactics in all matches vs. mismatches against all teams in the league and have really deep roster strength to support these tactics for as long as it takes...

Also... if there will be one team (which I doubt there will be) that will compare with the Bucks in the number of 3 attempts and the 3s made, that can only be the Rockets... no other!

The worst case scenario, is that the Bucks will only achieve 52 wins this season...

TheDish87
10-17-2018, 01:31 PM
yeap... just because you (and most) can't, it doesn't mean that some don't have the basketball knowledge on tactics as to do so... I do have the basketball knowledge required.

this is wild. i know hoops uses 2 accounts at once? wow

ewing
10-17-2018, 01:37 PM
Weíve seen guys barely play get MIP before.

He was picked 1 overall, he was expected to be good and then didnít play. I donít think there is a baseline to say he improved from. Maybe if he was a G league guy that barely played and then broke out this year but he wasnít

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warfelg
10-17-2018, 01:40 PM
He was picked 1 overall, he was expected to be good and then didnít play. I donít think there is a baseline to say he improved from. Maybe if he was a G league guy that barely played and then broke out this year but he wasnít

How exactly does that disqualify him? Does that mean he can be comeback player of the year then? Lol.

ewing
10-17-2018, 01:53 PM
How exactly does that disqualify him? Does that mean he can be comeback player of the year then? Lol.

B/C there there was no lower expectation that he improved from nor is there a visible grow in skill. If anyone believed he was hurt all year he could be comeback player of the year.

ewing
10-17-2018, 02:03 PM
Philadelphia the only city that consistently tries to cheat the awards system

Jamiecballer
10-17-2018, 02:34 PM
Fultz barely played last year how can he be gauged as improved? He could be an all star and I still not think he'd be an MIP candidate. I hope you are right about Knoxs. I don't think he will be that kind of player this soon thoughI agree. Guys who are essentially rookies should not be considered MIP. makes no sense. I mean, if hes an all-star, you can say hes an all-star and just last year he was a headcase, thats amazing, but its about what you do on the court. I think.

mightybosstone
10-17-2018, 02:48 PM
But... I never look through homer glasses.... It's just that people underestimate the improvement the Bucks will have this season...

If you look at bets, the Bucks keep improving and so does Giannis for MVP as the information comes in...

The Bucks can now play all possible tactics from "3 guards on the floor", "2 guards + 2 forwards", "3 towers" and even modern "2 big PFs moving like wings with no Center"... They win for tactics in all matches vs. mismatches against all teams in the league and have really deep roster strength to support these tactics for as long as it takes...

Also... if there will be one team (which I doubt there will be) that will compare with the Bucks in the number of 3 attempts and the 3s made, that can only be the Rockets... no other!

The worst case scenario, is that the Bucks will only achieve 52 wins this season...

Pretty much everything you said here screams "homer glasses." They won 44 games last year, and they were 25th in the league in 3-point attempts per game. Assuming other teams take the same number of threes (they'll probably take more), the Bucks would have to nearly nearly 50 percent more 3-pointers or more than 11 per game to catch the team with the second most attempts.

If the Bucks can win 50 games and crack the top 5-10 in 3-point attempts, those would be monumental improvements they should be ecstatic about. Eight more wins as a "worst-case scenario" is just totally absurd.

TheDish87
10-17-2018, 04:19 PM

i get what you are saying and i think players in their first 3 years should be excluded from MIP. But since it always goes to guys kind of similar to Fultz he does have a good chance just based on how voting is done.

buckalis
10-17-2018, 04:55 PM
Pretty much everything you said here screams "homer glasses." They won 44 games last year, and they were 25th in the league in 3-point attempts per game. Assuming other teams take the same number of threes (they'll probably take more), the Bucks would have to nearly nearly 50 percent more 3-pointers or more than 11 per game to catch the team with the second most attempts.

If the Bucks can win 50 games and crack the top 5-10 in 3-point attempts, those would be monumental improvements they should be ecstatic about. Eight more wins as a "worst-case scenario" is just totally absurd.

I'll quote this after the Charlotte game in a couple of hours and then again, after the game against Indy....

ewing
10-17-2018, 06:07 PM
i get what you are saying and i think players in their first 3 years should be excluded from MIP. But since it always goes to guys kind of similar to Fultz he does have a good chance just based on how voting is done.

when has it gone to a guy like Fultz?

mightybosstone
10-17-2018, 07:27 PM
I'll quote this after the Charlotte game in a couple of hours and then again, after the game against Indy....

How would beating Charlotte impress me? Even an Indy win proves nothing. You're talking about a two-game sample size. You want to bring this back up again, do it in January after we've had at least 20 games to really judge what this team is.

buckalis
10-17-2018, 07:44 PM

OK... I have to agree you are right and I was wrong... Bucks only scored 7/11 3pts in the first quarter! ...that low... too low!

buckalis
10-17-2018, 07:46 PM

OK... I have to agree you are right and I was wrong... Bucks only scored 7/11 3pts in the first quarter! ...that low... too low! ...and started the 2nd quarter with 8/12!

TheDish87
10-18-2018, 09:26 AM
when has it gone to a guy like Fultz?

a good young player who made natural improvements in his 2nd or 3rd year? all the time

ewing
10-18-2018, 10:17 AM
a good young player who made natural improvements in his 2nd or 3rd year? all the time

That's not Marcus Fultz. He is a young player that was taken #1 overall in a solid draft. This means he was supposed to be good from the jump. he didn't play much his rookie year b/c he was listed as injured. He wasn't taken in the second round and then went from making the team and scoring 10 a game to 25 in year 3 like Glibert Arenas. If Fultz is a candidate so is Gordon Hayward.

TheDish87
10-18-2018, 11:06 AM
heyward would be and probably wins comeback player im not sure where you get MIP from.

IKnowHoops
10-18-2018, 11:13 AM
in a season prediction thread you wrote "Lebron > world" come on dude how can anyone take you serious when its all you do? youve repeated yourself about 1278935795963434x this off season already.

Dude stop crying.

Lebron is the best player in the world. I know it hurts you that itís a reality u live in. Since it bothers you...

Lebrony Lebrony Medusa Head on me like iím Illuminate. Lebrony Lebrony, Lebrony Lebrony

ewing
10-18-2018, 12:15 PM
heyward would be and probably wins comeback player im not sure where you get MIP from.

He is a guy that was expected to be good last year, he barely played due to injury. Same as Fultz.

TheDish87
10-18-2018, 12:17 PM
no one is crying. no one said lebron isnt the best player. you literally only post about him sine ive been on this forum. this is a predictions thread and lebron can be used for one answer and you couldnt even let that be enough. its sickening that a grown man worships another grown like that constantly.

TheDish87
10-18-2018, 12:18 PM
He is a guy that was expected to be good last year, he barely played due to injury. Same as Fultz.

this is a strong troll move

ewing
10-18-2018, 12:22 PM
this is a strong troll move

I really don't get how you guys think he should be considered for MIP. He's never played. Are you upset the 14 games took him out of contention for ROY? Maybe you guys can sneak Simmons into the Rookie/Soph game.

TheDish87
10-18-2018, 01:34 PM
I really don't get how you guys think he should be considered for MIP. He's never played. Are you upset the 14 games took him out of contention for ROY? Maybe you guys can sneak Simmons into the Rookie/Soph game.

oh i dont think he should at all. im more basing it off i can see voters going for him if he has a big year.

ewing
10-18-2018, 01:39 PM
oh i dont think he should at all. im more basing it off i can see voters going for him if he has a big year.

Improved from when? College. He's never played

WaDe03
10-18-2018, 02:00 PM

Yíall should meet up and fight!

TheDish87
10-18-2018, 02:05 PM

he played just not a lot and not very well most of the time.

ewing
10-18-2018, 02:09 PM
he played just not a lot and not very well most of the time.

Its not a relevant sample. If he played the full year and struggled then came back with a jump shot OK but he played 14 games

JAZZNC
10-18-2018, 02:13 PM

Dude, if you're not throating every Sixers player balls deep these guys are gonna lose it on ya. I've never seen such a sensitive fan base in my life (at least the posters in this forum). It's almost funny. They will even argue with you when you agree with them!?!?!?

TheDish87
10-18-2018, 03:01 PM
lol do you ever not bash the sixers? no one is arguing over this,w e are having a simple BS discussion over it. ive stated like 3x time i dont think he should win and said i understood his logic. pay attention maybe.

Chronz
10-18-2018, 03:47 PM
Its not a relevant sample. If he played the full year and struggled then came back with a jump shot OK but he played 14 games

Its cuz he was trash. Going from trash to starter ain't improvement? He'll be trash again this year tho so don't worry

JAZZNC
10-18-2018, 04:14 PM
lol do you ever not bash the sixers? no one is arguing over this,w e are having a simple BS discussion over it. ive stated like 3x time i dont think he should win and said i understood his logic. pay attention maybe.

When do I bash the Sixers? I just poke fun at you sensitive *** fans, maybe you should pay attention lol! Thanks for proving my point though ;)

Heediot
10-18-2018, 04:17 PM
no one is crying. no one said lebron isnt the best player. you literally only post about him sine ive been on this forum. this is a predictions thread and lebron can be used for one answer and you couldnt even let that be enough. its sickening that a grown man worships another grown like that constantly.

lolol

TheDish87
10-18-2018, 04:30 PM
When do I bash the Sixers? I just poke fun at you sensitive *** fans, maybe you should pay attention lol! Thanks for proving my point though ;)

oh please allll last season you did it

IKnowHoops
10-18-2018, 04:36 PM

Your literally so far off. Whatís sad that another man posting about the best player in b ball on a b Ball forum bothers you. Itís sad you follow me harder than Iíve followed Bron. Itís sad that you wear my jersey and I donít own a jersey

And all you do is post about the sixers. So you must want the sixers to run train on you huh? Thatís ur logic?

IKnowHoops
10-18-2018, 04:37 PM

Stop caring about what other people type. Get out of your feelings. All you do is cry around hear.

IKnowHoops
10-18-2018, 04:48 PM
Dude, if you're not throating every Sixers player balls deep these guys are gonna lose it on ya. I've never seen such a sensitive fan base in my life (at least the posters in this forum). It's almost funny. They will even argue with you when you agree with them!?!?!?

Damn if this ainít true. Getting sick of it actually.

IKnowHoops
10-18-2018, 04:50 PM

Yeah...thatís exactly what he said...you argue, even when you agree...the most annoying type of human being on the planet.

IKnowHoops
10-18-2018, 04:51 PM

Just gold. Even after you told him, he goes and does it. Psycho

warfelg
10-18-2018, 05:00 PM

For some of us (me) itís just the continual bashing of players. Simmons has a really damn good night and a near triple double, but the first thing people say isnít that, itís ďwell he didnít shoot so thatís why they didnít win.Ē

ewing
10-18-2018, 05:02 PM
For some of us (me) itís just the continual bashing of players. Simmons has a really damn good night and a near triple double, but the first thing people say isnít that, itís ďwell he didnít shoot so thatís why they didnít win.Ē

I think Simmons get plenty of love. He is a heck of a player. He does have a hole in his game though. He definitely is a positive player and was one the other night

JAZZNC
10-18-2018, 06:08 PM

No, I didnt at all but whatever. I was saying the whole time that Simmons should win ROY (he's incredible) but you guys took at as a slight because I had the audacity to think that Mitchell deserved to be in the conversation....just another case of you guys being the most sensitive fans on the face of the planet Haha! You take anything not 100% positive towards your team/players and blow it way out of proportion.

Jamiecballer
10-18-2018, 06:09 PM
Its cuz he was trash. Going from trash to starter ain't improvement? He'll be trash again this year tho so don't worryTrash and headcase are different. Trash is qualitative. MIA for broken psyche is not.

TheDish87
10-19-2018, 12:22 PM
No, I didnt at all but whatever. I was saying the whole time that Simmons should win ROY (he's incredible) but you guys took at as a slight because I had the audacity to think that Mitchell deserved to be in the conversation....just another case of you guys being the most sensitive fans on the face of the planet Haha! You take anything not 100% positive towards your team/players and blow it way out of proportion.

thats just not true. every sixer fan at least on here gave DM all the props he deserved in his campaign for runner up. i think most just got annoyed when he started campaigning with false narratives

warfelg
10-19-2018, 12:28 PM
thats just true. every sixer fan at least on here gave DM all the props he deserved in his campaign for runner up. i think most just got annoyed when he started campaigning with false narratives

Oh that is he/isnít he a rookie tall far out shadowed !(even in the media) that we saw two rookies putting up decidingly non rookie numbers.

And the fact that DMitch played into it only made things worse IMO.

But thereís no denying that last years top 3 rookies were insane.

TheDish87
10-19-2018, 01:34 PM
i lost it for Mitchell when he tried to use the definition of what a rookie is only to look like a fool

buckalis
10-20-2018, 10:04 AM

So far...

East:

4. 76ers
5. Indiana
6. Wizards
7. Heat

East:

1. Dinosaurs
2. Deers
3. Celtics (wins the conference, unless if Bucks get Butler)
4. 76ers
5. Pacers
6. Pistons
7. Wizards
8. Bees

West:

1. GSW (wins the conference)
2. Rockets
3. Pelicans
4. Blazers
5. Nuggets
6.Jazz
7.Spurs
8.Clippers

EDIT: Clippers, OKC & Lakers fighting for last 2 seeds... Clippers favorite to take one seed, OKC expected to accelerate after Westbrook returns.

TheDish87
10-22-2018, 08:51 AM
hahahahahaah Pistons 3rd in the West? amazing. also please stop making predictions for the season on a game by game basis.

buckalis
10-25-2018, 09:05 AM
I've said already that it was misstyping instead of Pelicans...

I've also said that I would do my predictions after certain games that would show me some details, which are crucial for people that share the level of basketball knowledge that I do...

WaDe03
10-25-2018, 09:48 AM

I've also said that I would do my predictions after certain games that would show me some details, which are crucial for people that share the level of basketball knowledge that I do...

Are you the 2nd smartest basketball mind on this forum behind me?

Mr.B
10-25-2018, 10:16 AM
ROY: Doncic

MVP: Giannis

And Mavs will make that 8th seed

buckalis
10-25-2018, 10:59 AM
ROY: Doncic

MVP: Giannis

And Mavs will make that 8th seed

Well... you got two out of three right, but it will be the Clippers taking the 8th seed in the west... I guess that makes you behind me in basketball knowledge...

By the way... when you guys are releasing Kostas, so that we can have him?

WaDe03
10-25-2018, 11:18 AM
Well... you got two out of three right, but it will be the Clippers taking the 8th seed in the west... I guess that makes you behind me in basketball knowledge...

By the way... when you guys are releasing Kostas, so that we can have him?

But are you 2nd in basketball knowledge on here? Answer the question troll

TheDish87
10-25-2018, 11:27 AM

lol this isnt how predictions work not to mention using a game by game basis is just really, really dumb in a 82 game season that just started

buckalis
10-25-2018, 12:19 PM
lol this isnt how predictions work not to mention using a game by game basis is just really, really dumb in a 82 game season that just started

It's how it works for me.... We, those that have high basketball knowledge, never talk based on looking to a "crystal ball"... We first have to see how coach Casey has set up the Pistons, how coach Bud has set up the Bucks, how the return of Heyward and Kyrie has affected the Celtics, how Leonard will be integrated with the Rockets, how Bron will affect the Lakers, what imediate impact or potential some rookies may have and to what degree, some other details that seem unimportant to you and then... we talk!

EDIT: It doesn't take long... one or two games between the right opponents, is enough...

WaDe03
10-25-2018, 12:31 PM
It's how it works for me.... We, those that have high basketball knowledge, never talk based on looking to a "crystal ball"... We first have to see how coach Casey has set up the Pistons, how coach Bud has set up the Bucks, how the return of Heyward and Kyrie has affected the Celtics, how Leonard will be integrated with the Rockets, how Bron will affect the Lakers, what imediate impact or potential some rookies may have and to what degree, some other details that seem unimportant to you and then... we talk!

EDIT: It doesn't take long... one or two games between the right opponents, is enough...

Can you use your 2nd place basketball knowledge and tell us how Leonard has been integrated into the Rockets so far this year?

TheDish87
10-25-2018, 01:38 PM

lolololol first the Pistons finish 3rd in the West and now Leonard plays for the Rockets. Wonder why no one takes you seriously?

buckalis
10-25-2018, 02:34 PM
lolololol first the Pistons finish 3rd in the West and now Leonard plays for the Rockets. Wonder why no one takes you seriously?
Mistyped the Ps before and the Rs now... no big deal for a simple mistake that you make so much out off...

I get bored when quoting guys like you that are total ignorants on basketball basics and have my mind elsewhere when typing back... In fact, I highly consider adding some more in my ignore list and that includes you...

If you ever notice in the future, you quoting me and not get a responce back, then don't bother quoting me again, because it means you are in my ignore list in the first place...

WaDe03
10-25-2018, 02:38 PM
Mistyped the Ps before and the Rs now... no big deal for a simple mistake that you make so much out off...

I get bored when quoting guys like you that are total ignorants on basketball basics and have my mind elsewhere when typing back... In fact, I highly consider adding some more in my ignore list and that includes you...

If you ever notice in the future, you quoting me and not get a responce back, then don't bother quoting me again, because it means you are in my ignore list in the first place...

Take me off ignore and act like a Man. You have a lot of woman tendencies but then again, Giannis94 was a woman 🧐

TheDish87
10-25-2018, 04:08 PM

bahahaah yea Pistons/Pelicans and Rockets/Raptors are allllllll similar i struggle with them too.

Jamiecballer
10-25-2018, 08:58 PM
Can you use your 2nd place basketball knowledge and tell us how Leonard has been integrated into the Rockets so far this year?I hope you guys are single because you are perfect for each other

buckalis
10-27-2018, 09:20 AM
East:

1. Dinosaurs
2. Deers
3. Celtics (wins the conference, unless if Bucks get Butler)
4. 76ers
5. Pacers
6. Pistons
7. Wizards
8. Bees

West:

1. GSW (wins the conference)
2. Rockets
3. Pelicans
4. Blazers
5. Nuggets
6.Jazz
7.Spurs
8.Clippers

REVISION:

Bucks vs. Raptors for the East finals.

Bucks 1st, Raptors 2nd at regular season.

Rockets 5th at West...