PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks the Lakers will MISS the playoffs?

IKnowHoops
10-13-2018, 12:55 PM
Herd this kicked around a bit. Who actually sees this happening.

Anyone who says they will miss, Iíd still give props to if they ended up squeaking into an 8th seed.

buckalis
10-13-2018, 12:59 PM
They won't miss the playoffs... you will!

bloomis1307
10-13-2018, 01:40 PM
I don't think the make it / they are a fringe 7th/8th seed.....I just don't think they have enough shooters on the team / spacing to consistently win games.....It seems like most of the roster prefers to drive / dunk . In a tough western conference that means bad shooting nights could lose games no matter how good Lebron is....My guess though is definitely a fringe team

IndyRealist
10-13-2018, 02:15 PM
I don't think the make it / they are a fringe 7th/8th seed.....I just don't think they have enough shooters on the team / spacing to consistently win games.....It seems like most of the roster prefers to drive / dunk . In a tough western conference that means bad shooting nights could lose games no matter how good Lebron is....My guess though is definitely a fringe team

They look like a running team to me, and they had the 2nd highest pace in the NBA last season without Lebron. Good passing guys who run like deer can get to the rim before the defense sets up and mitigate their lack of shooting. Prime JaVale McGee would have looked like an all-star in that scheme.

Heediot
10-13-2018, 03:30 PM

I expect internal improvement. Bron has shown improvement every year lately in this regard. I expect Ball, Ingram, Kuz and Hart all to get better as well. I think they should be adequate in that area, just off of my subjective projection.

FlashBolt
10-13-2018, 03:56 PM
Pointless to debate their seeding. I think they're a 46-50 win team, honestly. Not liking their defense, shooting, and I feel like they're overloaded on playmakers to where LeBron's got to give up the ball for a lesser effective play. Kuzma+Ingram also forcing too many shots right now so I'm not sure if that is really a good idea once the game slows down.

GREATNESS ONE
10-13-2018, 05:07 PM
Pointless to debate their seeding. I think they're a 46-50 win team, honestly. Not liking their defense, shooting, and I feel like they're overloaded on playmakers to where LeBron's got to give up the ball for a lesser effective play. Kuzma+Ingram also forcing too many shots right now so I'm not sure if that is really a good idea once the game slows down.

last year we were hovering around as a top 10 defense, it will click, they just need their better defenders on the court more (Lonzo/Hart) I think this team will be better defensively than last year. Also Lebron hasn't played over 15m in any game but they put up his stats in 46m of preseason

40pts
10assist
9rebounds

I think we will be giving Lebron a lot of easy looks with our playmakers and pace of play, can't wait until Thursday!!!!

Scoots
10-13-2018, 06:52 PM

What does that even mean?

Scoots
10-13-2018, 06:52 PM
I expect them to make the playoffs. I don't think they end up top 4.

Leftcoast_yg
10-13-2018, 06:57 PM

Lmao this guy contradicts himself by saying they will have bad shooting and lack shooters but prefers to drive and dunk. They seem pretty successful at the latter so what if they have bad shooting nights lol everyone does, curry went 0 for 11 didn't stop him. Everybody has bad shooting nights period it's part of the game. Hey guys if the ball doesn't go in from three we lost guys. Smh lmao

IKnowHoops
10-13-2018, 07:01 PM

No comprendo

IKnowHoops
10-13-2018, 07:02 PM
I got them finishing 3rd...but then Playoff Bron, and I donít know after that.

bloomis1307
10-13-2018, 07:20 PM
Lmao this guy contradicts himself by saying they will have bad shooting and lack shooters but prefers to drive and dunk. They seem pretty successful at the latter so what if they have bad shooting nights lol everyone does, curry went 0 for 11 didn't stop him. Everybody has bad shooting nights period it's part of the game. Hey guys if the ball doesn't go in from three we lost guys. Smh lmao.

I don't see where I contradict myself. Clearly the context of shooters is outside shooting to spread the floor, but I guess that was too difficult for you to understand "SMH LMAO". Spacing of the floor is important, what happens when you take Javale out of the paint? Ingram out of the paint? Are you going to man up on Javale at the 3 point line or clog the paint so Lebron can't drive. I agree with what you said Flashbolt they will try to push the ball and win with transition offense (ala how the Heat teams with Lebron succeeded), but those Heat teams had a much better Lebron supporting cast than this Lakers squad. Just my .02

Leftcoast_yg
10-13-2018, 11:23 PM
When your outside shot isn't falling you drive the paint ☺ They're scoring with ease and they haven't gotten the playbook down yet.

Tg11
10-14-2018, 10:18 AM
Realistically I see Lakers anywhere from #5 to #8 in the West especially now that they have LeBron. Anywhere from 5th to 8th seed is realistic and yeah I seen them play y'all in the pre-season. The Lakers gon be a fun team to watch that's for sure but at the same time in a packed Western Conference I don't see them going above teams like Golden State, Houston, Utah or even OKC but maybe they leapfrog Portland but dat's it.

EthanHarris
10-14-2018, 10:36 AM
I don't see them missing the playoff. I think they will surprise everybody and can reach the finals..

Tg11
10-14-2018, 11:00 AM
I don't see them missing the playoff. I think they will surprise everybody and can reach the finals..

No way Lakers make the Finals especially in a stacked Western Conference and there is no way they are beating teams like Golden State or Houston in a 7 game series. Do y'all think dat in a playoff series y'all can beat teams like the Thunder, Jazz or Trailblazers in a series? Lakers could prolly beat San Antonio or any of those other teams out there in the West who will be near like the bottom of the conference or who are in position for dat 8th spot if it came down to it in a playoff series. However, realistically Lakers even with LeBron, Rondo, McGee, Beasley, etc. plus their young guys at best they are a 1st or 2nd round playoff team. No way they make Conference Finals or even the Finals itself. I say it be too early for dat. The Lakers are at least a year away from actually being considered title contenders.

Scoots
10-14-2018, 11:05 AM
The Lakers have huge talent, maybe more in total than the Warriors, but it's a long trip from talent to them working together and maximizing that talent.

They could be great, and it could fall apart.

GREATNESS ONE
10-14-2018, 11:25 AM

:)

Tg11
10-14-2018, 11:44 AM
Don't get me wrong I am a Celtics fan been a Celtics fan for over a decade now but then again when it comes to the Lakers y'all have been our biggest rivals. However, I will give credit where it is due. The Lakers as of late have been fun to watch in the pre-season and LeBron is starting to come into his own now in the Lakers offense. Hell, their offense is practically centered around Bron and it will. The Lakers are relevant again but to say y'all are winning the title this season or even makin the Finals at all period is just blasphemy. I say 2nd round and dat is being generous.

GREATNESS ONE
10-14-2018, 12:00 PM
U tink u wite dat da Lakers aint mak it butt yaíll Wong

Tg11
10-14-2018, 12:05 PM
I never said that the Lakers weren't making the playoffs. Don't even try to put words in my mouth because what I said was the Lakers will make it anywhere from 5th to 8th seed anywhere in there but as far as they go is 1st or 2nd round. Y'all are still a year away from being considered "the favorites" in the West but dat is only if y'all go after big names in the off-season to pair up with LeBron.

GREATNESS ONE
10-14-2018, 12:20 PM
Dat nut tru, we da best. Ainít gots no timez to wate

Tg11
10-14-2018, 12:24 PM
Y'all are still a year away from actually winning it all or even being considered in all seriousness...stop just stop with all the blasphemy LMAO

Hawkeye15
10-14-2018, 12:27 PM
I mean, the days of LeBron carrying a team on his back for 82 are long gone, that being said, they win more close games than not. I predict 45-48 wins, which will get them in no problem. That being said, IF Ingram takes a nice step in his progression, 50 wins isn't out of the question.

The real question is, if the Lakers can avoid GS round 1, can they get a round or two in? I think so. LeBron is that good.

Hawkeye15
10-14-2018, 12:29 PM
yeah to anyone who thinks the Lakers will actually contend, stop smoking that blue/yellow ****. Now. You are at least another stud away, as well as progression from Ingram and crew. Put it this way, in a matchup against GS, you have in order:

LeBron
Durant
Curry

Green
Klay

whatever Laker you want to imagine here

the rest

I mean, talent wise, GS is so far ahead of the rest of the league, it's ridiculous.

Hawkeye15
10-14-2018, 12:30 PM
The Lakers have huge talent, maybe more in total than the Warriors, but it's a long trip from talent to them working together and maximizing that talent.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

had to catch my breath, sorry

cmellofan15
10-14-2018, 12:36 PM

This is the most asinine thing I've ever read on here.

Tg11
10-14-2018, 12:37 PM
I mean, the days of LeBron carrying a team on his back for 82 are long gone, that being said, they win more close games than not. I predict 45-48 wins, which will get them in no problem. That being said, IF Ingram takes a nice step in his progression, 50 wins isn't out of the question.

The real question is, if the Lakers can avoid GS round 1, can they get a round or two in? I think so. LeBron is that good.

Finally dear Lord thank the Lord someone is realistic here

I say the Lakers will win anywhere from 45 to 48 games and that is being realistic while these Laker fans are being unrealistic saying 50 wins or more which is definitely unrealistic. The Lakers are at least 1 year away hell they at least need another star or 2 to pair up with LeBron but then the progression of their young guys as well. If their young guys develop into real stars this season just by playing with LeBron do you trade those young guys to get another superstar there?

Not to mention if the Lakers can avoid teams like Golden State and Houston then yes 2nd round is realistic

If they get Golden State then yeah y'all are going out 1st round. No way you guys can beat Golden State in a playoff series with the team you guys have now.

LeBron is essentially alone while GSW has 5 All Stars in their lineup...Curry, Durant, Draymond, Klay and Cousins when he comes back 100 percent healthy yeah no way Lakers can beat GSW

You guys would have to avoid GSW and not to mention y'all can't beat Houston either especially with their defense but also their 3 point shooters

Lakers have no one who can hit 3s on their team by shooting the lights out like Houston does

IKnowHoops
10-14-2018, 02:18 PM

Hmmmm

Take Bron off Lakers and KD off GS. Are these teams close in total talent? I mean Steph/Klay/Dray are all stars. They won 70 plus without Durant. Lakers without Bron donít have the talent.

Now once supercharged by Brons impact and force of nature....

Scoots
10-14-2018, 03:53 PM
Hmmmm

Take Bron off Lakers and KD off GS. Are these teams close in total talent? I mean Steph/Klay/Dray are all stars. They won 70 plus without Durant. Lakers without Bron donít have the talent.

Now once supercharged by Brons impact and force of nature....

I was thinking more of the players after the Warriors top 5 and the Lakers top 5 ... the Warriors bench is thin.

Lance is very talented, his problem is he's nuts and a nucklehead. McGee is a nucklehead with great physical talent. Rondo is the smartest player in the NBA, but he doesn't work well with some teams.

Tons of talent, but a lot of work to do to make them a team.

IKnowHoops
10-14-2018, 10:04 PM
I was thinking more of the players after the Warriors top 5 and the Lakers top 5 ... the Warriors bench is thin.

Lance is very talented, his problem is he's nuts and a nucklehead. McGee is a nucklehead with great physical talent. Rondo is the smartest player in the NBA, but he doesn't work well with some teams.

Tons of talent, but a lot of work to do to make them a team.

Yeah, but your starters are so much farther ahead that itís not adding up at the end of the day.

Scoots
10-14-2018, 10:34 PM
Yeah, but your starters are so much farther ahead that itís not adding up at the end of the day.

Maybe. But if you listen to some people Ball is soon to be the best PG in the game, and Ingram the best SF and the next KD, and Hart the best two way SG the next Klay but better, and LeBron is just the best ... it's closer than many would think on the surface. The main difference is that the Warriors have proven it and the young Lakers and the crazy Lakers have not yet.

TrueFan420
10-14-2018, 11:34 PM
Cousins when he comes back 100 percent healthy

That is a massive assumption there and quite frankly wrong. Achilles injuries aren't a exactly an easy recovery. I doubt we see Cousins ever at 100% again and if we do it likely won't be next year.

Edit: Take a look for yourself. Good article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nba/2018/1/27/16940178/demarcus-cousins-achilles-injury-golden-state-warriors-this-is-the-worst

FlashBolt
10-14-2018, 11:34 PM
I wonder if Lakers are interested in pulling off a Ball+Ingram trade for AD. I think they'd have a great shot at beating the Warriors just by that move alone.

GREATNESS ONE
10-15-2018, 01:42 AM
I wonder if Lakers are interested in pulling off a Ball+Ingram trade for AD. I think they'd have a great shot at beating the Warriors just by that move alone.

Canít do it until Christmas, when we can trade some of our bigger contracts (KCP)

GREATNESS ONE
10-15-2018, 01:43 AM
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1051648809988583425?s=20

IKnowHoops
10-15-2018, 02:09 AM
Maybe. But if you listen to some people Ball is soon to be the best PG in the game, and Ingram the best SF and the next KD, and Hart the best two way SG the next Klay but better, and LeBron is just the best ... it's closer than many would think on the surface. The main difference is that the Warriors have proven it and the young Lakers and the crazy Lakers have not yet.

I think that this team without Lebron is at best an 8th seed but most likely miss the playoffs.

Take KD or Curry off and GSW is no worse than a second seed.

Now I would say that the Lakers are long and athletic and can match up well with GS, but they will never have the ability to do what GS does night in and night out to the rest of the league. Its just that as you know, styles make fights, and Lakers have a good style to go against GS. If they had to go against the San Antonio Twin Towers of 99, they would get killed because they would be destroyed down low so hard and there young guys wouldn't match up with strength and toughness of that team. Thankfully GS is just a bunch of skill players who aren't strong and Dray.

ewing
10-15-2018, 09:28 AM
I think that this team without Lebron is at best an 8th seed but most likely miss the playoffs.

Take KD or Curry off and GSW is no worse than a second seed.

Now I would say that the Lakers are long and athletic and can match up well with GS, but they will never have the ability to do what GS does night in and night out to the rest of the league. Its just that as you know, styles make fights, and Lakers have a good style to go against GS. If they had to go against the San Antonio Twin Towers of 99, they would get killed because they would be destroyed down low so hard and there young guys wouldn't match up with strength and toughness of that team. Thankfully GS is just a bunch of skill players who aren't strong and Dray.

No GS is a two seed without Curry and Durrant

JAZZNC
10-15-2018, 11:27 AM
I don't know that anybody but a hater could say the Lakers miss the playoffs. Barring injury I don't see how they aren't in. LeBron is just that good even if he's not gonna go all out in the RS. The pieces they have aren't a great fit IMO but they've certainly got the talent.

TheDish87
10-15-2018, 11:58 AM
we're gonna shatter the record for the number of threads made for one team. Just like comparing the team and young players to Boston was completely unnecessary and useless.

IKnowHoops
10-15-2018, 12:38 PM
we're gonna shatter the record for the number of threads made for one team. Just like comparing the team and young players to Boston was completely unnecessary and useless.

400 post later though. Your are but one mind...stay out of the thread if ur not interested...duh

Scoots
10-15-2018, 12:45 PM
I don't know that anybody but a hater could say the Lakers miss the playoffs. Barring injury I don't see how they aren't in. LeBron is just that good even if he's not gonna go all out in the RS. The pieces they have aren't a great fit IMO but they've certainly got the talent.

It's basically that the team so thoroughly fails to gel and actually fights progress.

Scoots
10-15-2018, 12:48 PM

Yeah ... and yet some people don't get that having the Lakers be relevant is good for the NBA.

ewing
10-15-2018, 12:59 PM
Yeah ... and yet some people don't get that having the Lakers be relevant is good for the NBA.

I think people get that. Personally I don't care b/c I'm not rooting for NBA profits and I follow the league anyway (a story line is no more interesting to me b/c its in LA). The Lakers being good does not improve the product for me personally. For me it would be good if the Knicks were good b/c I root for them

TheDish87
10-15-2018, 01:38 PM

from a business sense, sure but no one outside of LA and Lebron homers give a **** if the Lakers are good or not. Same way no no one outside of NY cares if the Knicks are good despite being able to use the same logic.

Hawkeye15
10-15-2018, 02:16 PM

hardcore fans could care less about what is better for the league, their hatred lies in their personal history. Like, I don't care if the NBA makes a gazillion or a billion. I ****ing hate the Lakers, and I want them to suck.

Scoots
10-15-2018, 02:49 PM
from a business sense, sure but no one outside of LA and Lebron homers give a **** if the Lakers are good or not. Same way no no one outside of NY cares if the Knicks are good despite being able to use the same logic.

So, in my last post I said some people don't get it ... If you think the only Lakers fans are in LA you are WILDLY mistaken, and every team making more money is good for all the teams, not just the Lakers.

Scoots
10-15-2018, 02:51 PM
hardcore fans could care less about what is better for the league, their hatred lies in their personal history. Like, I don't care if the NBA makes a gazillion or a billion. I ****ing hate the Lakers, and I want them to suck.

Oh, I want them to suck too. But I acknowledge that the coverage and the online talk about the NBA in general goes up with the Lakers don't suck. I guess that means the most fairweather fans are Lakers fans.

Hawkeye15
10-15-2018, 03:08 PM
Oh, I want them to suck too. But I acknowledge that the coverage and the online talk about the NBA in general goes up with the Lakers don't suck. I guess that means the most fairweather fans are Lakers fans.

right but who cares haha

ewing
10-15-2018, 03:25 PM

well said

IKnowHoops
10-15-2018, 03:37 PM

I could never root for Bron to lose

What if they picked up Rubio and Swayze? Would u cheer for them?

TheDish87
10-15-2018, 04:03 PM
So, in my last post I said some people don't get it ... If you think the only Lakers fans are in LA you are WILDLY mistaken, and every team making more money is good for all the teams, not just the Lakers.

obviously there are fans of every team all over the world. That doesnt mean the league or the product is any better when a team like La is good. The league is making more money then ever before with the 2 biggest markets being irrelevant the last ~5+ years.

valade16
10-15-2018, 04:50 PM
obviously there are fans of every team all over the world. That doesnt mean the league or the product is any better when a team like La is good. The league is making more money then ever before with the 2 biggest markets being irrelevant the last ~5+ years.

But there are more Laker fans around the world than there are fans of other teams (or at least, more in the US). The Lakers being good entices more people to watch than if say the Phoenix Suns are good (or sadly, my Blazers).

Hawkeye15
10-15-2018, 05:18 PM
I could never root for Bron to lose

What if they picked up Swayze? Would u cheer for them?

duh

Hawkeye15
10-15-2018, 05:19 PM
well said

I would rather watch the NBA burn to the ground than see another Laker championship.

valade16
10-15-2018, 05:29 PM
I would rather watch the NBA burn to the ground than see another Laker championship.

I feel the same way. Who would you root for in the WCF, the Dubs or Lakers lol?

GREATNESS ONE
10-15-2018, 05:42 PM

welp, you all know it's going to happen :shrug:

I mean we're not the Wolves or the Trailblazers...

IKnowHoops
10-15-2018, 05:56 PM
duh

😂😂😂😂 cut Rubios name out because Swayze needs no help

FlashBolt
10-15-2018, 07:09 PM

My admiration for LeBron far outweighs the annoying Kobe-fans. These Kobe-fans are the problem, man. The ones starting the LeChoke, LeBum, 3-6, and other nonsense. If they win a championship, these same fans will be the first ones to start trashtalking other players. It's a cycle of a cult mentality and very sad. However, LeBron winning a championship for three franchises would be insane.

GREATNESS ONE
10-15-2018, 08:03 PM
My admiration for LeBron far outweighs the annoying Kobe-fans. These Kobe-fans are the problem, man. The ones starting the LeChoke, LeBum, 3-6, and other nonsense. If they win a championship, these same fans will be the first ones to start trashtalking other players. It's a cycle of a cult mentality and very sad. However, LeBron winning a championship for three franchises would be insane.

:yawn:

JAZZNC
10-15-2018, 08:12 PM
Even as much as I hated KG I was pulling hard for Boston in those Finals showdowns with LA because I dislike LA that much.

TheDish87
10-16-2018, 08:46 AM
But there are more Laker fans around the world than there are fans of other teams (or at least, more in the US). The Lakers being good entices more people to watch than if say the Phoenix Suns are good (or sadly, my Blazers).

like i said from a business standpoint, sure. but again its not like viewership has been suffering with them sucking balls since they signed Howard and traded for Nash. More people watching doesnt make the product any better, its thriving like never before regardless.

Hawkeye15
10-16-2018, 09:31 AM
I feel the same way. Who would you root for in the WCF, the Dubs or Lakers lol?

Warriors. Because I know this regime of players will expire at some point, and the Warriors have no track record of making me think they will be relevant in 15 years. So any team other than the Lakers winning is a win to me.

Hawkeye15
10-16-2018, 09:33 AM

You just need your memory jogged on how insufferable Laker fans are. They have sucked for a little while so the bandwagon went dormant, but don't worry, you will be reminded again.

I feel you on LeBron, I started rooting for him 10 years ago because I didn't understand the A-Rod/Tiger hate he was getting. But he cemented his legacy already, so I have no issue rooting against his team now.

Hawkeye15
10-16-2018, 09:34 AM
Even as much as I hated KG I was pulling hard for Boston in those Finals showdowns with LA because I dislike LA that much.

opposite for me, to some degree. I hated Boston, but wanted KG to win a chip, and the Lakers to lose.

Hawkeye15
10-16-2018, 09:35 AM
😂😂😂😂 cut Rubios name out because Swayze needs no help

I mean, I know I fight for Rubio, but I am not blind to his issues. He isn't a championship level PG unless the equation is perfect, and there are clearly better PG's. I just think he is underrated is all.

GREATNESS ONE
10-16-2018, 11:38 AM
Iím glad Minniesota is a dumpster fire of a franchise. 1 division title in 30years will make anyone go bitter.

Driven
10-16-2018, 11:49 AM
The West is deep, so I guess it's conceivable that the Lakers won't make the playoffs. But I'd be very surprised.

But in addition to the eight that made it last year, there's also Denver hanging around. Those 10 teams total are all playoff caliber. Someone will not make the cut. Which two teams will that be?

I'm inclined to say Minnesota, but what if they keep Butler for the whole year? Not completely confident on the Trail Blazers, Pelicans, and Spurs, but it's hard to argue against them in terms of talent or coaching.

Hawkeye15
10-16-2018, 11:51 AM
Iím glad Minniesota is a dumpster fire of a franchise. 1 division title in 30years will make anyone go bitter.

thank you for proving my point. Instead of understanding that most don't like the king of the hill, which is the natural tendency of fans, and moving on, you take a shot at my crappy team that I am fully aware of sucks and has done nothing.

Do you feel better about yourself now?

Get the **** over it. People hate the Lakers because they won a lot, and have insufferable bandwagon fans. Either embrace it or don't.

GREATNESS ONE
10-16-2018, 12:07 PM
thank you for proving my point. Instead of understanding that most don't like the king of the hill, which is the natural tendency of fans, and moving on, you take a shot at my crappy team that I am fully aware of sucks and has done nothing.

Get the **** over it. People hate the Lakers because they won a lot, and have insufferable bandwagon fans. Either embrace it or don't.

Lmfao I was kidding. I didnít even read past your first sentence, I will in a bit. :)

IKnowHoops
10-16-2018, 12:08 PM

Iíve always been way more of a player person.

I think when you have dreams of playing pro sports, and make a considerable effort to do so, ( I obviously failed)...but you find individuals to learn from, pattent your style after.

I played RB in college. Thurman Thomas, Barry Sander, Bo Jackson were my idols. My blueprints for success. Didnít realize that they were born with something unattainable in the weight room until I started playing against D-1 guys.

Regardless, as a running back, I studied running backs. I didnít study hole teams.

I think that mindset and journey in life is what makes me a player guy and not a team guy and those MN teams donít bother me. There first 5 years of existence is s still the worst basketball Iíve ever seen.

Pooh Richardson
Doug west
Scottie to Hottie
Laetner
Randy Brewer

Admiral would throw up 40 in his sleep every time he played the Wolves. And I loved it.

But I still like the puppies.

JAZZNC
10-16-2018, 12:12 PM

This.

GREATNESS ONE
10-16-2018, 12:14 PM

Ahahaha bro relax. I took a subtle jab, you take plenty shots yourself. Weíre on a Sports Forum, talking sports.

Just so you know where I was at with that post, my buddy in one of my FF leagues was talking ish on My Dodgers yesterday and heís a Minny fan too ;)

Itís all good.

GREATNESS ONE
10-16-2018, 12:15 PM
Iíve always been way more of a player person.

I think when you have dreams of playing pro sports, and make a considerable effort to do so, ( I obviously failed)...but you find individuals to learn from, pattent your style after.

I played RB in college. Thurman Thomas, Barry Sander, Bo Jackson were my idols. My blueprints for success. Didnít realize that they were born with something unattainable in the weight room until I started playing against D-1 guys.

Regardless, as a running back, I studied running backs. I didnít study hole teams.

I think that mindset and journey in life is what makes me a player guy and not a team guy and those MN teams donít bother me. There first 5 years of existence is s still the worst basketball Iíve ever seen.

Pooh Richardson
Doug west
Scottie to Hottie
Laetner
Randy Brewer

Admiral would throw up 40 in his sleep every time he played the Wolves. And I loved it.

But I still like the puppies.

BO Jackson :love:

Hawkeye15
10-16-2018, 02:02 PM
Lmfao I was kidding. I didnít even read past your first sentence, I will in a bit. :)

no worries my man. I overreacted anyways.

Leftcoast_yg
10-16-2018, 02:33 PM

Wait didn't Lebron drop 51 in the finals lmao delusional posts. Spew the hate bro

Storch
10-16-2018, 02:40 PM
I think passed houston and golden state theres about 8 teams that can fight for 6 spots. The west will be entertaining to watch. Im a lakers fan loyalist. From before showtime, to showtime, to eddie jones and van exel, to shaq and kobe, to chris mihm, to gasol, to nash howard, to dangelo russel, and to lebron i love my lakers. I go to at least 5 games a year to get my beer, hotdog and garlic fries and have it stain my favorite lakers jerseys through thick and thin.

So pardon me if i tell some of you lakers haters that it doesnt bother me one bit if we miss the playoffs this year, because i know someday some time the lakers will win another ship again. I just hope to be there when it does. ❤️

GREATNESS ONE
10-16-2018, 04:02 PM
no worries my man. I overreacted anyways.

:hi5:

Lol weíre good!

SteBO
10-16-2018, 04:10 PM
No LBJ led team will ever miss the playoffs. You could give him the Kings roster, and I'd tell you they'd win upwards of 46 games.

WaDe03
10-16-2018, 04:44 PM

Is this a death threat? Mods should really look into this and not gloss over it. Many killers have given off many signs before doing so and no one thought anything of them. Hereís your sign mods, do you job!

IKnowHoops
10-16-2018, 10:00 PM
U tink u wite dat da Lakers aint mak it butt yaíll Wong

😂

Hawkeye15
10-17-2018, 09:40 AM
Wait didn't Lebron drop 51 in the finals lmao delusional posts. Spew the hate bro

god I love that Laker fans are flipping on LeBron.

buckalis
10-21-2018, 07:10 AM
There is 50% chance that the Lakers will miss the playoffs...

With GSW, Rockets, Pelicans, Blazers, Nuggets & Spurs all in (in that order), there are only two seeds left for the Clippers, OKC and Lakers to take... Clippers will be in (because I say so) either on the 7th or on the 8th seed, the Lakers will have to be on at least +5 wins over OKC as to defend OKC's acceleration after Westbrook will be back.

warfelg
10-21-2018, 08:13 AM

With GSW, Rockets, Pistons, Blazers, Nuggets & Spurs all in (in that order), there are only two seeds left for the Clippers, OKC and Lakers to take... Clippers will be in (because I say so) either on the 7th or on the 8th seed, the Lakers will have to be on at least +5 wins over OKC as to defend OKC's acceleration after Westbrook will be back.

When did the Pistons move west?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-21-2018, 08:34 AM

With GSW, Rockets, Pistons, Blazers, Nuggets & Spurs all in (in that order), there are only two seeds left for the Clippers, OKC and Lakers to take... Clippers will be in (because I say so) either on the 7th or on the 8th seed, the Lakers will have to be on at least +5 wins over OKC as to defend OKC's acceleration after Westbrook will be back.

Pistons in the west? Also no love for the Jazz?

likemystylez
10-21-2018, 08:53 AM
if they need it, I could see a game like the April 12 2013 warriors lakers game (probably the most blatantly rigged regular season game in league history). The league has too much riding on this story with the lakers to have them finish with the 10th seed. Im looking at teams in the west though.... and 45- 50 wins seems like a big number in this conference. Denver looks like theyre gonna take a step up too.

Assuming lakers finish with the 6-8 seed- the first round is probably not going to go well for them. People who have them with the warriors in the conference finals have to understand that path will not be easy for the lakers in the western conference

Scoots
10-21-2018, 08:57 AM

Because pointing at a stat from 1 playoff game clearly counters the argument that LeBron can't do it for 82 regular season games at that level anymore. :rolleyes:

Scoots
10-21-2018, 08:59 AM
It's going to come down to how the rotations work out, how the youngsters develop, and what their defensive habits are by the all-star break.

buckalis
10-21-2018, 09:03 AM
When did the Pistons move west?

Sorry... I obviously meant the Pelicans and confused the "P"s :D when typing... You should have noticed that the Pelicans aren't there and make a joke correcting me...

buckalis
10-21-2018, 09:06 AM
Pistons in the west? Also no love for the Jazz?

forgot about Utah... right! Even less chances for the Lakers! Obviously Pistons are there instead of Pelicans... me mistyping...:D

buckalis
10-21-2018, 09:12 AM
It's going to come down to how the rotations work out, how the youngsters develop, and what their defensive habits are by the all-star break.

It's best if one thinks who out of OKC, Lakers & Clippers stays out, if there in no question that GSW, Rockets, Pelicans, Blazers, Nuggets, Jazz & Spurs, all 7 are in... IMO Clippers will end up in and OKC will have a strong comeback after Westbrook returns...

Tg11
10-21-2018, 12:35 PM
Lakers are 0-2 so far but I will say this that the Lakers are gon get better...I mean still a work in progress

SenileStern
10-21-2018, 12:40 PM

Looks bad for Rondo I guess. Spitting and quite a hard punch. However Ingram's punch was much softer and probably didn't connect and his initial tech wasn't a suspension worthy deal. Hope he can come back relatively soon.

ewing
10-21-2018, 12:44 PM

Looks bad for Rondo I guess. Spitting and quite a hard punch. However Ingram's punch was much softer and probably didn't connect and his initial tech wasn't a suspension worthy deal. Hope he can come back relatively soon.

no bueno

Tg11
10-21-2018, 12:51 PM
Either way Rondo and Ingram are gonna be suspended for at least 2 or 3 games at least but I wonder who will pick up that slack

Wrigheyes4MVP
10-24-2018, 11:03 AM
I still can't pick against Lebron to make the playoffs, but this is not a good start at all.

Honestly though, IDK what Magic was thinking signing all those washed up vets who can't shoot. IDK if you could have built a worse supporting case around Lebron if you tried (not talking about the young players already in place).

Magic tried to buck the trend of modern NBA analytics... and I don't think it will work. So yeah, in a deep western conference this team might miss the playoffs even with Lebron. I still believe they'll sneak into the playoffs by seasons end, but it's possible they miss the playoffs with that roster.

Wrigheyes4MVP
10-24-2018, 11:05 AM
No LBJ led team will ever miss the playoffs. You could give him the Kings roster, and I'd tell you they'd win upwards of 46 games.

I'm not sure the Lakers roster is much better than the Kings (minus Lebron of course).

In the West, 46 wins might not get into the playoffs.

SteBO
10-24-2018, 11:36 AM
I'm not sure the Lakers roster is much better than the Kings (minus Lebron of course).

In the West, 46 wins might not get into the playoffs.
A bit of an exaggeration I admit, just to illustrate how much LBJ can do with less. It will depend largely on how badly a few teams stumble, notably the T-wolves, Nuggets (who narrowly missed the playoffs last season), and even Portland to a lesser degree. If we exclude LA, I think 6 teams are shoe-ins...

GSW
HOU
OKC
UTH
SAS
DEN

That leaves two spots open, and I already mentioned POR above and the Wolves. I even forgot about the Pelicans. We'll see....but LeBron is a human being I don't ever doubt considering what he's had to carry over the last couple years and what he overcame in 2016.

GREATNESS ONE
10-24-2018, 11:41 AM
Sure weíre 0-3 and most realistic fans expected a slow start as this team is brand new together. If you watched the games, you saw flashes of brilliance and greatness. This team will be pumping on all cylinders soon and weíll be winning games like our last 3 losses. Itís really close and you can see how much trouble this team will cause teams when theyíre rolling.

SteBO
10-24-2018, 11:46 AM
Sure weíre 0-3 and most realistic fans expected a slow start as this team is brand new together. If you watched the games, you saw flashes of brilliance and greatness. This team will be pumping on all cylinders soon and weíll be winning games like our last 3 losses. Itís really close and you can see how much trouble this team will cause teams when theyíre rolling.
Lakers defense and lack of shooting I think will be an issue long term, but just based off these 3 games I'd be encouraged if I were a Laker fan. I didn't expect them to win @POR, but they had their chances against the Rockets and by all accounts, should have beaten the Spurs at home. It's not like they're in the worst spot, but the conference is tough and the flaws are apparent.

Its next year where my expectations are high.

GREATNESS ONE
10-24-2018, 11:54 AM
Yes, as I tell my fan base who (over reacts) like crazy, this isnít our championship year. Defensively weíre just lacking communication, last year we were hovering around 9-14th defensively and brought most of our better defenders back. I donít think itís that big of a weakness as most think, yes they started off slow and be giving up tons of points but they will dial it in and finish as a better defensive team.

Shooting hurts us, but our 3 best shooters should be playing higher minutes Lonzo (yes laugh it up) Hart, Kuzma.... Lebron isnít extremely cold from 3 too and I donít expect that to carry on. I think weíre a middle of the pack shooting team but like our defense will take a little time. Luke needs to dial in his rotations too.

Chronz
10-24-2018, 11:59 AM
if they need it, I could see a game like the April 12 2013 warriors lakers game (probably the most blatantly rigged regular season game in league history). The league has too much riding on this story with the lakers to have them finish with the 10th seed. Im looking at teams in the west though.... and 45- 50 wins seems like a big number in this conference. Denver looks like theyre gonna take a step up too.

Assuming lakers finish with the 6-8 seed- the first round is probably not going to go well for them. People who have them with the warriors in the conference finals have to understand that path will not be easy for the lakers in the western conference

Lakers got the make up game, they were screwed out of several wins in the weeks prior

Scoots
10-24-2018, 01:06 PM
I still can't pick against Lebron to make the playoffs, but this is not a good start at all.

Honestly though, IDK what Magic was thinking signing all those washed up vets who can't shoot. IDK if you could have built a worse supporting case around Lebron if you tried (not talking about the young players already in place).

Magic tried to buck the trend of modern NBA analytics... and I don't think it will work. So yeah, in a deep western conference this team might miss the playoffs even with Lebron. I still believe they'll sneak into the playoffs by seasons end, but it's possible they miss the playoffs with that roster.

It's not just the lack of shooting, if you are looking for leaders for the young guys it would be hard to find a more mixed up crazy bunch of vets to be the "leaders". Rondo may be a genius, but if you asked me "which player is most likely to take a sneaky spit in someone's face" my first guess would be Rondo. He's legit crazy. Beasley ... well, yeah. McGee's elevator has never seen the top floor. Lance has always been crazy. KCP may not be totally batshit, but he turned down $80M from the Pistons, then, once in LA get a year of probation that limited his travel until his lawyers "worked it out" so he could do some "intensive" thing over a month to take care of it. After them it's all 1st and 2nd year players. That is the "veteran leadership" behind LeBron. And of the 6 vets, only KCP has a consistent history of playing sound defense, and his D is more man defense than team defense.

I'm all for the power of LeBron and the power of Pop, but the Lakers and Spurs are going to have some magic to make the playoffs this year based on how the rosters are at the moment.

valade16
10-24-2018, 01:11 PM
A bit of an exaggeration I admit, just to illustrate how much LBJ can do with less. It will depend largely on how badly a few teams stumble, notably the T-wolves, Nuggets (who narrowly missed the playoffs last season), and even Portland to a lesser degree. If we exclude LA, I think 6 teams are shoe-ins...

GSW
HOU
OKC
UTH
SAS
DEN

That leaves two spots open, and I already mentioned POR above and the Wolves. I even forgot about the Pelicans. We'll see....but LeBron is a human being I don't ever doubt considering what he's had to carry over the last couple years and what he overcame in 2016.

I think between DEN, SAS, NO, and POR that SAS is actually the least likely to make the playoffs.

SteBO
10-24-2018, 01:22 PM
Of those 4, I definitely think NO is the most likely, but I'm unsure about the Spurs being least likely. I'll need to watch more Spurs games, but I know looking at roster construction compared to the others, it's fair to have that opinion.

LAbron
10-24-2018, 03:19 PM
Lakers are over-hyped. LBJ has played in the east his whole career. He is now in the west in his 16th season. He cant take games off and will be exposed.

TheDish87
10-24-2018, 04:01 PM

GSW
HOU
OKC
UTH
SAS
DEN

Pels are more of a shoe in than the Spurs or Nugs. The Lakers were always going to fight for something between 6-10th and it looks accurate so far. everyone outside of lakerland knew these vets arent good and cant shoot, and that the team would struggle to get stops.

valade16
10-24-2018, 04:32 PM
Right now I'd say the likelihood of making the playoffs in order is:

Golden State
Houston
Utah
Oklahoma City
Denver
New Orleans
Portland
San Antonio
Minnesota
Los Angeles Lakers

Minnesota only so low because at some point Butler will be traded.

Hawkeye15
10-24-2018, 04:39 PM

Golden State
Houston
Utah
Oklahoma City
Denver
New Orleans
Portland
San Antonio
Minnesota
Los Angeles Lakers

you underestimate the stuborness of Thib's.

valade16
10-24-2018, 04:40 PM
you underestimate the stuborness of Thib's.

lol, maybe I do. If that's the case they probably leapfrog SA and Portland

GREATNESS ONE
10-24-2018, 05:54 PM

Golden State
Houston
Utah
Oklahoma City
Denver
New Orleans
Portland
San Antonio
Minnesota
Los Angeles Lakers

Na

buckalis
10-24-2018, 06:18 PM
I'm not sure what all these Lakers trolls are thinking... I guess they think that on Lebron they've got the super hero that will get them to the playoffs paying with a batch of kids out of which only Ingram may make it to a star some five years later... They better wake up and trade all others before it's too late... Basketball is a game for players that can play it, not for kids that think of the floor like if it is a street arena.
LOL... these trolls have even posted in multiple times that their kids are better than.... MIDDLETON... no kidding, it's true.