PDA

View Full Version : Dejounte Murray Torn ACL; likely out for entire 2018/2019 season

_KB24_
10-08-2018, 03:15 PM
Spurs starting point guard Dejounte Murray suffered a torn ACL in Sunday's preseason loss to the Rockets, the team announced Monday. The team says there is no timeline yet for Murray's return, but he will likely miss the entire 2018-19 season.

Link: https://www.si.com/nba/2018/10/08/dejounte-murray-injury-news-spurs

Tough break for the kid and Spurs; really was expecting huge things from him this season. Where do the Spurs go from here? Do they look to blow it up?

_KB24_
10-08-2018, 03:24 PM
Edit: I probably should of chosen better wording, blowing it up seems a little extreme, but will Demar and LMA/Gasol be enough to challenge for a playoff spot?

kdspurman
10-08-2018, 03:31 PM
Terrible news, there were such high expectations for him. Easily our best perimeter defender, and his shot is much improved. Possibly a MIP candidate.

I think they can still make the playoffs tho. Defense took a big hit after losing Anderson/Green, and now it's taking a bigger hit. But guys will step up. You guys will learn about Derrick White tho, he isn't Murray, but he can ball.

I do expect DeRozan to do a lot of ball-handling, his play-making has looked solid overall and last season he emphasized improving that too. (which he did)

GREATNESS ONE
10-08-2018, 03:35 PM
Yikes! HUGE BLOW. This kid defesviley is very legit. Who is on the Spurs roster now?

IndyRealist
10-08-2018, 04:06 PM
I think they're still going with Murray/DeRozan long term. Patty Mills can start this season or they can bring in a vet, they're not in a position to throw away this season. Forbes/White can back up. They're deeper at point than anywhere else.

COOLbeans
10-08-2018, 04:52 PM
tough break. Not looking forward to an era without the Spurs solidly in the playoffs. Hope Derozan has an allstar season. Good dude imo

WaDe03
10-08-2018, 04:54 PM
Huge blow for them, I had them as the 3rd best team in the West.

We値l give you Dragic Olynyk and a 1st for Aldridge. Replace Aldridge with a stretch 4 and get you an all star PG to replace Murray.

FlashBolt
10-08-2018, 06:05 PM
Not a good year for the Spurs.

kdspurman
10-08-2018, 10:13 PM
I think they're still going with Murray/DeRozan long term. Patty Mills can start this season or they can bring in a vet, they're not in a position to throw away this season. Forbes/White can back up. They're deeper at point than anywhere else.

Yea, White will get some valuable time now. I think he'll do well, he's just not the defender/athlete Murray is.

Chronz
10-08-2018, 10:49 PM
He'll come back strong right? Nothing major save the missed time

IndyRealist
10-09-2018, 08:11 AM
He'll come back strong right? Nothing major save the missed time

All indications are that he is going to come back as rookie of the year.

tp13baby
10-09-2018, 08:40 AM
Terrible news, there were such high expectations for him. Easily our best perimeter defender, and his shot is much improved. Possibly a MIP candidate.

I think they can still make the playoffs tho. Defense took a big hit after losing Anderson/Green, and now it's taking a bigger hit. But guys will step up. You guys will learn about Derrick White tho, he isn't Murray, but he can ball.

I do expect DeRozan to do a lot of ball-handling, his play-making has looked solid overall and last season he emphasized improving that too. (which he did)

Know all about Derrick White. Played against him in high school and AAU ball. Awesome dude, amazing story, I値l be rooting for him.

kdspurman
10-09-2018, 04:17 PM
Know all about Derrick White. Played against him in high school and AAU ball. Awesome dude, amazing story, I値l be rooting for him.

Nice, that's awesome.. I like White's game, he's really steady and seems like he could be a potential steal. He killed in the summer league & g-league, so we'll see how it translates now. His role has undoubtedly changed a ton with this Murray news, and hopefully he's up for the challenge.

kobe4thewinbang
10-09-2018, 07:07 PM
Terrible news. Damn.

:(

prodigy
10-10-2018, 12:43 PM
tough break for this talented young man. he will be back stronger then ever.

Storch
10-10-2018, 06:06 PM
I was rooting for this kid, thats too bad.

Jamiecballer
10-10-2018, 07:03 PM
All indications are that he is going to come back as rookie of the year.Lmao zing

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

kdspurman
10-12-2018, 11:50 AM

And now White is out 6-8 weeks! Basketball gods really trying to bury us :facepalm:

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-12-2018, 01:26 PM
Fitting tune would be Spurs trade for Tony Parker at trade deadline.

buckalis
10-12-2018, 02:17 PM
Huge blow for them, I had them as the 3rd best team in the West.

We値l give you Dragic Olynyk and a 1st for Aldridge. Replace Aldridge with a stretch 4 and get you an all star PG to replace Murray.

Once a troll, then always a troll!

EDIT: Replying to the thread (and not quoting the troll) here after:

First, it's sad for all NBA's competition to see Greg's team suffering another unwanted loss that may cost them in being competitive...

Second, we, all reasonable and loving the sport fans, wish to the player and his family the best of luck, health and a fast and competitive return as soon as possible...

Third, the NBA rules must change, so that when an injury occurs, another player may be added to the roster until there is a return of the injured... Injuries are the most unfortunate thing that can happen to organizations that have invested many millions counting on their roster... It's unfair for a team to be handicapped against competition because an injury or more has happened!

Chronz
10-12-2018, 07:12 PM
They should sneak in but I had them as low as 8th before the injury