PDA

View Full Version : What would you think of the kd move if it happened earlier..

nastynice
10-07-2018, 05:13 PM
If the warriors situation came up earlier, a chip contender/favorite adding a top player, would you think any different of it if it happened like summer of 2011 or 2012? more on the heels of miami's big 3 rather than after lebron going back to cleveland

Maybe something like spurs adding kd, something like that...

Curious if you guys would view it a little different or the same. I already know what the regular haters gonna say, haha, curious what more neutral fans think tho

Saddletramp
10-07-2018, 05:31 PM
A guy at his level joining a team thatís slready won a title and even set the win record would have been a ***** move regardless of who he was or where he joined. The guy was the second best for years and it took a team effort to propel Curry above him. As is, those two guys could be seen as 2 or 3.

If it was Lebron joining the Warriors instead of Durant, Iíd say the same exact thing.

Jamiecballer
10-07-2018, 05:36 PM
If the warriors situation came up earlier, a chip contender/favorite adding a top player, would you think any different of it if it happened like summer of 2011 or 2012? more on the heels of miami's big 3 rather than after lebron going back to cleveland

Maybe something like spurs adding kd, something like that...

Curious if you guys would view it a little different or the same. I already know what the regular haters gonna say, haha, curious what more neutral fans think tho

would not make a bit of difference to me. the man made his decision based on his own set of criteria, and i do not presume to know precisely what that was. he also was in a position that almost no one in the history of the game had ever been in so i can't compare his decision to anyone else's.

Heediot
10-07-2018, 05:47 PM
Perception may have been different tbh. If he joined that up and coming team in gs 5 years ago, that would of helped his legacy a tonne. The perception of Curry might be different too, as people would claim KD`s presence helped with Curry`s emergence, which was inevitable with or without KD.

If he stuck with OKC though. Westy-Dipo-Roberson-KD-Adams would of definitely challenged GS who would of kept Barnes and Bogut probably. A Westy-Roberson-PG-KD-Adams with Melo off the bench would of been talent galore.

nastynice
10-07-2018, 06:08 PM
A guy at his level joining a team thatís slready won a title and even set the win record would have been a ***** move regardless of who he was or where he joined. The guy was the second best for years and it took a team effort to propel Curry above him. As is, those two guys could be seen as 2 or 3.

If it was Lebron joining the Warriors instead of Durant, Iíd say the same exact thing.

LeBron joined Wade and bosh which is the point of this thread, if a move of this caliber was made right on the heels of that move does anyone see it diff.

nastynice
10-07-2018, 06:08 PM
Perception may have been different tbh. If he joined that up and coming team in gs 5 years ago, that would of helped his legacy a tonne. The perception of Curry might be different too, as people would claim KD`s presence helped with Curry`s emergence, which was inevitable with or without KD.

If he stuck with OKC though. Westy-Dipo-Roberson-KD-Adams would of definitely challenged GS who would of kept Barnes and Bogut probably. A Westy-Roberson-PG-KD-Adams with Melo off the bench would of been talent galore.

I don't mean 2012 kd joins 2012 warriors, I mean a top 3 player joining an already contender/favorite

Heediot
10-07-2018, 06:20 PM
I don't mean 2012 kd joins 2012 warriors, I mean a top 3 player joining an already contender/favorite

IF KD joined the Spurs, it would still be a ***** move. Not to the same degree as the GS move but still a ***** move. What Bron did with Mia was a easy way out crap too.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-07-2018, 06:31 PM
Differently.

The narrative would be completely different. Durant admitted he left because he felt there was no one outside of him and Westbrook on that team (despite having a top 3 supporting cast that year) and wanted to join the Warriors. If he left in say 2012, then Durant would have had a different reason for leaving because his supporting cast in Thunder would be more superior to the Warriors.

ewing
10-07-2018, 07:21 PM
LeBron joined Wade and bosh which is the point of this thread, if a move of this caliber was made right on the heels of that move does anyone see it diff.

Obviously itís different. LeBron is God. Wade, Bosh,Love, and Irving blow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saddletramp
10-08-2018, 12:00 AM

No matter when a guy of Durantís caliber does what he did, itíd be looked at as a puss move. How are you not getting this?

nastynice
10-08-2018, 05:42 AM
No matter when a guy of Durantís caliber does what he did, itíd be looked at as a puss move. How are you not getting this?

I get what your take is, was just clarifying the op for you

Cal827
10-08-2018, 08:53 AM
I think the main thing that irked people, was that the perception was that the Warriors didn't NEED to add Durant to become champions again. They were a couple mistakes away from back to back champions. Durant going to a team that knocked them out would still be shunned upon by the NBA fan base. Lebron left, but he didn't go to a team that had just beaten them (Boston).

Question: When you say come up sooner, do you mean that the Warriors would have been a champion 5 years back?

If they weren't, then Durant faces less flack for moving ( Because Lebron just absorbed all of the flack by joining who many people thought was one of the top PFs and the 2nd best SG in a powerplay move to make a team an instant contender, and what many people perceived as ripping the heart out of a fanbase on TV). Also, there's a good chance that the Masses would likely be more split, as at the point you had given, Lebron left, then choked in the Dallas series, so there would be a lot of people pushing the narrative that Lebron can't get the job done, and would be hoping that the losses would continue, and the Warriors with Durant 5 years ago would be looked at as the team that could stop them. You know how much these people would've loved the Thunder, if they had beaten them the year after :laugh2:

Hawkeye15
10-08-2018, 09:44 AM

If Curry, Klay, and Green all declined, got hurt, or whatever combination that made KD need to morph into a monster and carry the Warriors to chips as their best player by a mile, yes, I would look at it differently. Because that is exactly what happened with LeBron. Only the team he went to hadn't already won a chip, and set records. But I digress.

Hawkeye15
10-08-2018, 09:46 AM
To be clear, if Wade/Bosh had stayed at exactly the production levels they were at prior to LeBron joining (Wade in 2010-11 too), I wouldn't give LeBron the credit I do. But the similarities between the 2 are only that they left in FA. It stops there. LeBron STILL had to go carry teams to titles. Durant did not.

nastynice
10-08-2018, 02:34 PM
If Curry, Klay, and Green all declined, got hurt, or whatever combination that made KD need to morph into a monster and carry the Warriors to chips as their best player by a mile, yes, I would look at it differently. Because that is exactly what happened with LeBron. Only the team he went to hadn't already won a chip, and set records. But I digress.

My point more has to do with the Miami move being followed up by another power move rather than there being so much time between. It's easy to look back and so oh they were OK, won 2 of 4,but at that time it really looked like they were gonna run the league.

So just curious how people would digest a league running move if it were made on the heels of another one, rather than after lebron is back in Cleveland.

nastynice
10-08-2018, 02:35 PM
I think the main thing that irked people, was that the perception was that the Warriors didn't NEED to add Durant to become champions again. They were a couple mistakes away from back to back champions. Durant going to a team that knocked them out would still be shunned upon by the NBA fan base. Lebron left, but he didn't go to a team that had just beaten them (Boston).

Question: When you say come up sooner, do you mean that the Warriors would have been a champion 5 years back?

If they weren't, then Durant faces less flack for moving ( Because Lebron just absorbed all of the flack by joining who many people thought was one of the top PFs and the 2nd best SG in a powerplay move to make a team an instant contender, and what many people perceived as ripping the heart out of a fanbase on TV). Also, there's a good chance that the Masses would likely be more split, as at the point you had given, Lebron left, then choked in the Dallas series, so there would be a lot of people pushing the narrative that Lebron can't get the job done, and would be hoping that the losses would continue, and the Warriors with Durant 5 years ago would be looked at as the team that could stop them. You know how much these people would've loved the Thunder, if they had beaten them the year after :laugh2:

I'm not being Durant warriors specific. I mean just any top player joining a top team.

Hawkeye15
10-08-2018, 02:44 PM
I'm not being Durant warriors specific. I mean just any top player joining a top team.

yeah but that rarely, if ever happens. Top teams rarely have any cap space. That is one of the many reasons it's so unprecedented.

Hawkeye15
10-08-2018, 02:48 PM
My point more has to do with the Miami move being followed up by another power move rather than there being so much time between. It's easy to look back and so oh they were OK, won 2 of 4,but at that time it really looked like they were gonna run the league.

So just curious how people would digest a league running move if it were made on the heels of another one, rather than after lebron is back in Cleveland.

If LeBron's move was a "power" move, there really isn't a word for Durant's move.

If Durant would have made the move well before GS was proven, yes, it might be viewed differently. Still doesn't help that Durant left a team that churned out an MVP, and another future MVP had to be traded because they had too much talent to keep them all haha. He basically left a 9/10 situation for a 12/10 situation.

Vinylman
10-08-2018, 02:54 PM
dubs homers will try to do anything they can to repair "her" reputation.

Give it up Ö She is a loser for joining the dubs...

This thread is beyond sad

nastynice
10-08-2018, 03:02 PM
If LeBron's move was a "power" move, there really isn't a word for Durant's move.

If Durant would have made the move well before GS was proven, yes, it might be viewed differently. Still doesn't help that Durant left a team that churned out an MVP, and another future MVP had to be traded because they had too much talent to keep them all haha. He basically left a 9/10 situation for a 12/10 situation.

lol, ur missing the point of the thread

Just like poor Vinylman over here..

Hawkeye15
10-08-2018, 03:08 PM

no, Durant's move wouldn't be looked any differently, at any point in time. Not if GS was already what it was when he joined.

Vinylman
10-08-2018, 03:30 PM

lmfao

you miss the point... it was impossible for him to join at any other point because of the cap...

nowÖ if you want to sit around and jerk off have at it but that is all you are doing

mngopher35
10-08-2018, 03:31 PM
Yup I think others are pretty much right on. This move has a lot more to do with shifting the balance in the NBA to such a large extent creating a huge gap from 1 to the rest. It doesn't really matter when it happens, anytime a superstar would jump to the top team/proven team like that it will get a lot of hate.

If he just joined an unproven warriors team before anyone realized what they would be I think we would get a lot of people underrating Curry tbh (see what has happened since they joined and in the 2 years that wouldn't have happened prior). The hate wouldn't be nearly as strong for KD if it seemed like he was joining up with a bunch of young guys not expected to take over the league in a few years though. If he were to go to the (insert like any team) instead of Warriors he wouldn't have gotten the same hate either though, he just went to an extreme level (craziest we have ever seen) giving him an extreme reaction.

nastynice
10-08-2018, 03:38 PM
lmfao

you miss the point... it was impossible for him to join at any other point because of the cap...

nowÖ if you want to sit around and jerk off have at it but that is all you are doing

..the hell?

nastynice
10-08-2018, 03:40 PM
Yup I think others are pretty much right on. This move has a lot more to do with shifting the balance in the NBA to such a large extent creating a huge gap from 1 to the rest. It doesn't really matter when it happens, anytime a superstar would jump to the top team/proven team like that it will get a lot of hate.

But if it happened in 2011, it would have coincided with the other balance shifting move, Miami big 3. Does that make it easier to swallow?

Hawkeye15
10-08-2018, 03:54 PM
But if it happened in 2011, it would have coincided with the other balance shifting move, Miami big 3. Does that make it easier to swallow?

a top 2-3 player in his peak leaving a great roster to join a juggernaut that just beat him?

Timing doesn't matter, it would always be a puss move. The only thing that changes it is if he was then tasked to carry that roster due to whatever reasons. Meaning, intent was pansy but reality he overcame a huge challenge.

mngopher35
10-08-2018, 04:03 PM

What do you mean though? I have covered the odds/comparisons from that time plenty and there was no ridiculous gap like there is now. At any point in time if he creates a ridiculous gap going from a top contender onto an all time great team/champion/73 RS wins it will be seen that way. The timing of the move isn't the issue here.

I think if he were to move to a team like that (assuming it was around) at the same time Lebron made his move many people wouldn't have had the crazy freak out at Lebron/Heat and it mostly would have been aimed at KD. It might have been a bit less but people would also stop crying about Lebron/Heat because it wasn't nearly as bad as what KD did for the reasons many have mentioned and pointed out over time. KD would get a little less flack as well but still be the obvious one to call out type of thing.

nastynice
10-08-2018, 08:11 PM
a top 2-3 player in his peak leaving a great roster to join a juggernaut that just beat him?

Timing doesn't matter, it would always be a puss move. The only thing that changes it is if he was then tasked to carry that roster due to whatever reasons. Meaning, intent was pansy but reality he overcame a huge challenge.

Sure, but being on the heels of lebrons pansy intent I'm wondering if that would soften the blow to some people.

Saddletramp
10-08-2018, 10:26 PM
Sure, but being on the heels of lebrons pansy intent I'm wondering if that would soften the blow to some people.

You still try to correlate the two moves beyond the fact that two guys switched teams. Lebron moved on from a team that had no desire to build a championship team; Gilbert had his money maker and spending more to make it better wasnít cost efficient. Durant had an awesome team around him with a GM who fired the coach and traded for some better talent to appease Durant and he still wanted free rings. Yes, the Harden thing was bad, but they were still up 3-1 on the Warriors in his last year; he just choked (or gave up so he could join his buddies......kinda similar to what Iguadala did a few years before.......wouldnít surprise me in the least if that was true).

Again, to reiterate: a player of Durantís caliber joining a team of the Warriorís caliber is the biggest pussyass***** move in the history of the nba. Until you understand this, youíre just going to keep asking stupid idiot questions like in the original post, arenít you?

Chronz
10-08-2018, 10:51 PM
Lol. Kd only joins 73 win teams bro

ewing
10-09-2018, 07:37 AM

Poor LeBron

Hawkeye15
10-09-2018, 09:19 AM
Poor LeBron

my point is, I would look at LeBron's chips as meh if Wade/Bosh/the rest of them balled out, and LeBron didn't have to play like the absolute beast he is in order to beat the ****ing Pacers. But he did have to absolutely own any series his team won, and be by far and away the best player on the floor, for his team to win. Durant just needed to show up and beat his man 1-1 all night and watch his first ballot HOF teammates destroy everyone else. All while they had done it prior to him ever hitching a ride on the chip express.

Hawkeye15
10-09-2018, 09:21 AM
You still try to correlate the two moves beyond the fact that two guys switched teams. Lebron moved on from a team that had no desire to build a championship team; Gilbert had his money maker and spending more to make it better wasnít cost efficient. Durant had an awesome team around him with a GM who fired the coach and traded for some better talent to appease Durant and he still wanted free rings. Yes, the Harden thing was bad, but they were still up 3-1 on the Warriors in his last year; he just choked (or gave up so he could join his buddies......kinda similar to what Iguadala did a few years before.......wouldnít surprise me in the least if that was true).

Again, to reiterate: a player of Durantís caliber joining a team of the Warriorís caliber is the biggest pussyass***** move in the history of the nba. Until you understand this, youíre just going to keep asking stupid idiot questions like in the original post, arenít you?

bingo! Goes for anyone that defends Durant, or tries to compare his move to LeBron's. Until you fully understand what Durant did has zero comparison, you don't belong in a conversation about it.

IKnowHoops
10-09-2018, 01:33 PM

However Pansey Lebrons move was, Durantís appears to be 2 to 10 times more pansey.

Remember the key diff being

Durant went to the greatest regular season team of all time without him...

And he went to the team that just eliminated him...

Those two factors, especially the first one is impossible to duplicate, so it can never even be equaled. Going to a team that just beat you can be duplicated, but itís damn near unheard of.

nastynice
10-09-2018, 03:19 PM
lol, oh wow

nastynice
10-09-2018, 03:22 PM

Hit a chord, did we?

Where does the cp3 +harden move rank in history of ***** moves?

Hawkeye15
10-09-2018, 03:24 PM
Hit a chord, did we?

he is right. Until you understand the level of weak Durant's move was, any question, statement, or opinion you have on the subject just doesn't matter. it all starts and stops with understanding how big of a pansy Durant is.

nastynice
10-09-2018, 03:55 PM
he is right. Until you understand the level of weak Durant's move was, any question, statement, or opinion you have on the subject just doesn't matter. it all starts and stops with understanding how big of a pansy Durant is.

Actually I asked a question regarding if this move were made much closer to the move which paved the way for it. That's it. Doesnt have to be kd or warriors specific, it's just a hypothetical.

The meltdowns by you guys are a lil unnecessary

MygirlhatesCod
10-09-2018, 04:16 PM
my point is, I would look at LeBron's chips as meh if Wade/Bosh/the rest of them balled out, and LeBron didn't have to play like the absolute beast he is in order to beat the ****ing Pacers. But he did have to absolutely own any series his team won, and be by far and away the best player on the floor, for his team to win. Durant just needed to show up and beat his man 1-1 all night and watch his first ballot HOF teammates destroy everyone else. All while they had done it prior to him ever hitching a ride on the chip express.

This is said about all Lebron teams. but I bet you weren't saying that when the three of them announced though.

its funny that Lebron isn't viewed as weak for doing what he did because wade and bosh weren't playing well (which they did BTW).

both moves were suspect but at least KD can win in his preferred situation. its more pathetic to me that Lebron has hand picked his team for like 8 years and KD will have the same amount of chips in three years of work. before you say its because Wade and Bosh fell off at least wonder why that is the story for anyone playing with Lebron.

SteBO
10-09-2018, 04:18 PM
Actually I asked a question regarding if this move were made much closer to the move which paved the way for it. That's it. Doesnt have to be kd or warriors specific, it's just a hypothetical.

You just acknowledged that the thread topic is KD/Warriors specific so your assertion that it doesn't have to be all of a sudden is not only contradictory, but also nonsensical.

Secondly, no matter where you place the Warriors' jackpot in history, in regards to Durant it's the weakest move by a superstar of his caliber. It won't be seen that way by irrational Warriors fans and those that hate LeBron, but everyone else in the middle without an axe to grind will see it that way. Durant's move has no precedent. Others have outlined this clearly, but since you're boxed in, you've cast those responses as meltdowns. Not surprising...its to be expected.

SteBO
10-09-2018, 04:23 PM
This is said about all Lebron teams. but I bet you weren't saying that when the three of them announced though.

its funny that Lebron isn't viewed as weak for doing what he did because wade and bosh weren't playing well (which they did BTW).

both moves were suspect but at least KD can win in his preferred situation. its more pathetic to me that Lebron has hand picked his team for like 8 years and KD will have the same amount of chips in three years of work. before you say its because Wade and Bosh fell off at least wonder why that is the story for anyone playing with Lebron.
We can have a reasonable discussion about whether or not LBJ should be handpicking squads, but you're attempt to label KD as a choir boy in comparison falls apart when you consider that MIA, CLE weren't title contenders prior to LBJ's arrival. GS won a title, and was a game & a Draymond suspension from back-to-back titles. Not remotely the same thing....but you'll continue to try I'm sure.

Hawkeye15
10-09-2018, 04:28 PM

wow

Hawkeye15
10-09-2018, 04:30 PM

remove the names then. Player A is a superstar player in his peak, and leaves a contending team with roster support to join an all time team that broke records and won a chip, and just eliminated his team.

No matter how you cut it, weakest move imagineable.

nastynice
10-09-2018, 04:32 PM
You just acknowledged that the thread topic is KD/Warriors specific so your assertion that it doesn't have to be all of a sudden is not only contradictory, but also nonsensical.

Secondly, no matter where you place the Warriors' jackpot in history, in regards to Durant it's the weakest move by a superstar of his caliber. It won't be seen that way by irrational Warriors fans and those that hate LeBron, but everyone else in the middle without an axe to grind will see it that way. Durant's move has no precedent. Others have outlined this clearly, but since you're boxed in, you've cast those responses as meltdowns. Not surprising...its to be expected.

No, I even gave examples in the op of it being like a star joining San antonio at that time. Again, top player going to a top team is the idea here, not necessarily kd and warriors. Warriors were unknown at that time anyway, so it's not a good example.

Where we place Durant's move in history def makes a difference. For example, had Cleveland lost to the kd warriors and picked up another star people would take it much different than if Cleveland picked up a 4th star the year lebron came back. You know that's true. In the former people would be like well you gotta compete against golden state, in the latter people would be like oh damn lebron going super stacked again.

You guys keep devolving into saying you can't call the moves the same. OK. Awesome. Are we just not allowed to utter those two names in the same sentence now?lol

Hawkeye15
10-09-2018, 04:35 PM
No, I even gave examples in the op of it being like a star joining San antonio at that time. Again, top player going to a top team is the idea here, not necessarily kd and warriors. Warriors were unknown at that time anyway, so it's not a good example.

Where we place Durant's move in history def makes a difference. For example, had Cleveland lost to the kd warriors and picked up another star people would take it much different than if Cleveland picked up a 4th star the year lebron came back. You know that's true. In the former people would be like well you gotta compete against golden state, in the latter people would be like oh damn lebron going super stacked again.

You guys keep devolving into saying you can't call the moves the same. OK. Awesome. Are we just not allowed to utter those two names in the same sentence now?lol

did you miss the post where I stated a great team will never have the capspace to sign a star?

If Durant had gone to the Warriors waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before they started to develop, and they had the cap space, then of course he would be looked at differently.

nastynice
10-09-2018, 04:35 PM
remove the names then. Player A is a superstar player in his peak, and leaves a contending team with roster support to join an all time team that broke records and won a chip, and just eliminated his team.

No matter how you cut it, weakest move imagineable.

I didn't ask if it's the weakest move, I'm asking if you'd view it differently if it happened right in the heels of miami's move, and having that parade, and basically feeling unstoppable because of two elite and one borderline elite player all in their primes. I feel people would have wanted another super team to arise at that time to challenge Miami. Kind of how they want that to happen now so someone can challenge the warriors.

valade16
10-09-2018, 05:16 PM
I didn't ask if it's the weakest move, I'm asking if you'd view it differently if it happened right in the heels of miami's move, and having that parade, and basically feeling unstoppable because of two elite and one borderline elite player all in their primes. I feel people would have wanted another super team to arise at that time to challenge Miami. Kind of how they want that to happen now so someone can challenge the warriors.

Well if that were the case it'd be KD joining another team to try and take down the super team that is the Heat. But what he did when he did it would be more comparable to KD losing in the Finals to the Heat and then joining the Heat.

FlashBolt
10-09-2018, 05:46 PM
The underlying hate he gets is because he joined rather than created. I would have no problem if Durant was winning the very same rings on the Warriors if he had been a part of it from the start or even back to the Monta Ellis days when they were losing. Even though Magic was on a stacked team, we can all agree he was in it from the start.

Saddletramp
10-09-2018, 05:56 PM
Hit a chord, did we?

It doesnít even rank because neither have won anything yet. How ****ing dense are you?

And again, the timing doesnít matter. How is this so hard to understand? And meltdowns? I think everyone is just more frustrated that you canít understand simple concepts yet youíre allowed to post here with the adults that can put together rather simple context.

Work, lol. And itís hard to handpick with the current cap rules. There was only one Durant up for free agency the one year there was that huge cap spike. Well, Lebron was, too, but heís not a puss like Durant.....nowhere close.

You guys still donít get how different these moves were. Jesus H.

Chronz
10-09-2018, 07:20 PM
It's no where near that tho. Even without kd we would all want that team, we wan't it that MUCH more because of her highness

nastynice
10-09-2018, 09:10 PM
Well if that were the case it'd be KD joining another team to try and take down the super team that is the Heat. .
Exactly

Saddletramp
10-10-2018, 03:44 AM

But the Heat were challenged. They werenít that hot out of the gate and they didnít even win their first year. Those guys formed a contender, along side the Mavs, the Lakers, the Celtics, the Bulls... The pep rally and the loud talking was hyperbole. Never seen that kind of stuff in sports?

Now if Lebron woulda joined the Celtics or Lakers.........*

*But he wasnít a woman like your boy.

jwillsports
10-12-2018, 07:53 AM
Can't tell what would have happen.