PDA

View Full Version : Where does KD (Kevin Durant) end up next summer?

Tg11
10-06-2018, 11:22 AM
All this talk about Kevin Durant possibly leaving Golden State in the off-season next summer and if he does it begs the question of where y'all think KD gon go? So the teams that I think have a shot at getting KD in the off-season are:

1- Warriors
2- Celtics
3- Knicks
4- Lakers
5- Spurs
6- Heat
7- Rockets
8- 76ers
9- Raptors
10- Wizards

Those 10 teams I believe have a shot at getting KD however if narrowing it down to 5 teams then it would be:

Warriors, Lakers, Knicks, Wizards and 76ers

buckalis
10-06-2018, 11:26 AM
He lands to the team that is favorite to win the title by having him...

WaDe03
10-06-2018, 11:35 AM
I read the title pretty fast and was very confused when I saw KD. I read over it again and realized I missed the “(Kevin Durant)” part of the title. Thank you for throwing that in there or I would have had a clue who this was about.

I think the Lakers though to answer the question.

Tg11
10-06-2018, 11:41 AM
KD pulling another ***** move yet again by going to the team that beats him...imagine if the Lakers end up beating the Warriors in the playoffs and then KD in the off-season does another BS move and goes to the Lakers to team up with LeBron and the crew...that would be a ***** move altogether

Tg11
10-06-2018, 11:42 AM
Heard a lot of talk about him going to the Knicks apparently as well because of the fact that his dad is a huge Knicks fan but also he has businesses out there in the New York area which is another reason I can see him going to the Knicks

HandsOnTheWheel
10-06-2018, 12:09 PM
Warriors probably cruise to another title then he signs there long term when they get his bird rights. Almost as predictable as last season

Tg11
10-06-2018, 12:13 PM
Then again you can't keep Klay and KD unless you have one of them take a huge paycut and Klay obviously wants max money he wants to get paid and I don't blame him but then again KD also wants max money I'm sure he wants to get paid too so something has gotta give...you can't keep both unless you come to some sort of compromise out there in Golden State and not to mention they're moving into a brand new arena out there in San Francisco which will cost a huge bucket load of money

GREATNESS ONE
10-06-2018, 12:20 PM
Seattle SuperSonics

Tg11
10-06-2018, 12:27 PM
KD to the Knicks I can actually see it more so now than ever before and why? Not only were they talking about KD possibly jumping to go to New York on shows like Undisputed, First Take, etc. but also the fact that KD has businesses out there in New York and not to mention New York is the mecca...it is just as big as LA in terms of not just pop culture but also the fact that his father is a huge Knicks fan on top of it...the allure of New York how can it not lure KD to possibly going to New York to play there?

Not to mention if he were to go to New York to pair up with Kristaps...that is an instant title contender in the East especially if he goes there

Storch
10-06-2018, 12:30 PM
Warriors 4peat

Tg11
10-06-2018, 12:33 PM
If Warriors win it this season and KD re-signs next season then it is a wrap

Saddletramp
10-06-2018, 02:33 PM
KD to the Knicks I can actually see it more so now than ever before and why? Not only were they talking about KD possibly jumping to go to New York on shows like Undisputed, First Take, etc. but also the fact that KD has businesses out there in New York and not to mention New York is the mecca...it is just as big as LA in terms of not just pop culture but also the fact that his father is a huge Knicks fan on top of it...the allure of New York how can it not lure KD to possibly going to New York to play there?

Not to mention if he were to go to New York to pair up with Kristaps...that is an instant title contender in the East especially if he goes there

Durant doesn’t want that pressure. He saw how hard winning can be in OKC with a great team and he saw how easy it is with an already made winner. He’s not going anywhere. Doesn’t have the stones.

Chronz
10-06-2018, 02:47 PM
He's gonna pull a kobe and demand curry goes or he's out off .

Tg11
10-06-2018, 02:47 PM
Yeah well Durant wants to coast his way to titles that we can agree on and with him even being on the Warriors does nothing for his legacy if anything it taints his legacy as far as I am concerned

Scoots
10-06-2018, 03:20 PM
If they win KD and Klay both re-sign with the Warriors.

ewing
10-06-2018, 03:44 PM

What about after they lose to Boston?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoots
10-06-2018, 04:15 PM

Then it's all up in the air.

Heediot
10-06-2018, 04:27 PM
Then it's all up in the air.

That would look bad if KD bolts after they lose. It'd look better if he bolted after they won.

GREATNESS ONE
10-06-2018, 04:44 PM

What about if Boston loses in the finals to LA Lakers

Saddletramp
10-06-2018, 06:40 PM

And if they lose, KD goes to the team that wins. That’s kind of his thing.

still a fan
10-06-2018, 06:59 PM
KD is getting hammered for going to the warriors, he went to a champion the season before and the season he joined they missed by what one shot?

he is not going to the Lakers to team with Lebron how does that help his legacy?

When do you hear his name from any sports announcer, player, explayer, coach, etc, when they are saying greatest of all time, it's Lebron and MJ.

Going to Philly won't help his legacy with young studs there already and staying with the Warriors will be status quo.

I'm a Knick fan but never thought till recently the odds are pretty good he goes to NY.

Imagine he takes this lost franchise to a high level? Imagine he takes the KNicks to the championship game?

It will not be about KP, it will be all about KD. The Knicks have to prove the young roster is worthy of him going and making a difference.

A few things have to happen:

KP is 100% back for injury
Knox proves he is one outstanding rookie
Frank emerges
Trey and Noah V prove they are not lottery busts
Mitch is the steal of the draft and Trier is a player

all the above happens then he could wind up in NY

FlashBolt
10-06-2018, 07:42 PM
Nothing will redeem KD's legacy more than joining the OKC and winning one for us. But if he goes to the Lakers, there would be so much media and fan appreciation that they'll applaud his decision. I think he chooses the Lakers or Knicks but for me, I would like to see him back in OKC ^^

GREATNESS ONE
10-06-2018, 08:00 PM
Nothing will redeem KD's legacy more than joining the OKC and winning one for us. But if he goes to the Lakers, there would be so much media and fan appreciation that they'll applaud his decision. I think he chooses the Lakers or Knicks but for me, I would like to see him back in OKC ^^

He goes to LAL and will have all Lakers fans love him. I would love for him to go to Seattle SuperSonics.

ewing
10-06-2018, 10:36 PM
What about if Boston loses in the finals to LA Lakers

What if the Knicks come out of the East ?

Scoots
10-06-2018, 10:50 PM

What if the finals matchup is Kings/Hawks?

nastynice
10-06-2018, 10:59 PM
Yeah well Durant wants to coast his way to titles that we can agree on and with him even being on the Warriors does nothing for his legacy if anything it taints his legacy as far as I am concerned

Sharing the spotlight for the sake of the team actually makes his legacy greater as far as I'm concerned

GREATNESS ONE
10-07-2018, 01:36 AM

I don’t know about coming out the East but I can see them making the playoffs :nod:

GREATNESS ONE
10-07-2018, 01:37 AM
What if the finals matchup is Kings/Hawks?

What if there was actually die hard GSW fans? ;) lol

nastynice
10-07-2018, 05:16 AM
What if there was actually die hard GSW fans? ;) lol

Na, bandwagon been running 20 years now :nod:

Scoots
10-07-2018, 11:47 AM
Na, bandwagon been running 20 years now :nod:

MUCH longer than that.

nastynice
10-07-2018, 01:19 PM
MUCH longer than that.

Go home front runner..

You saw this coming from the 90's and decided to hop on board early...

Raps18-19 Champ
10-07-2018, 10:54 PM
Warriors. If they miraculously lose, he'll join that team if they have cap space.

IKnowHoops
10-08-2018, 12:01 PM

Boston is so overrated. They would get swept

Rivera
10-08-2018, 12:26 PM
based of chatter id go

1- Warriors
2- Knicks
3- Lakers

i havent really heard much else from the KD sweepstakes

MJNetsIsles
10-15-2018, 11:42 PM

I think KD goes to the Knicks too.

He is very religious and attended Hillsong NYC, a church in Manhattan.

The Pastor of the Church is a diehard Knicks fan and close friends with Durant.

GREATNESS ONE
10-15-2018, 11:59 PM
Go home front runner..

You saw this coming from the 90's and decided to hop on board early...

Please he already admitted he hops wagons, ya’ll can pretend all you want that you were rooting hard for the Warriors but we see through that BS

Saddletramp
10-16-2018, 12:04 AM
I think KD goes to the Knicks too.

He is very religious and attended Hillsong NYC, a church in Manhattan.

The Pastor of the Church is a diehard Knicks fan and close friends with Durant.

He’s not leaving.

lakers squad
10-16-2018, 02:10 AM
based of chatter id go

1- Warriors
2- Knicks
3- Lakers

i havent really heard much else from the KD sweepstakes

I think he ends up on one of those 3 teams, I would bet the farm on it!

ewing
10-16-2018, 08:00 AM
Boston is so overrated. They would get swept

Best team in the NBA

basketfan4life
10-16-2018, 10:08 AM
Wizards or knicks

THE MTL
10-16-2018, 10:30 AM
Lol KD going to: Warriors, Rockets, Celtics, or Sixers.

IKnowHoops
10-16-2018, 10:35 AM
Philly would be an amazing spot for him and his game.

Scoots
10-16-2018, 10:54 AM
Please he already admitted he hops wagons, ya’ll can pretend all you want that you were rooting hard for the Warriors but we see through that BS

I did?

lakers squad
10-16-2018, 11:50 PM
Philly would be an amazing spot for him and his game.

Sixers could use him, they would be able to compete with Boston and Toronto as a team that could actually come out of the east then!

likemystylez
10-17-2018, 12:06 AM
Warriors probably cruise to another title then he signs there long term when they get his bird rights. Almost as predictable as last season

That is definitely the most likely way this plays out.... but the sad part is- the same people who were calling him a snake for leaving OKC would also be mad that he stayed with Golden State and didnt team up with Lebron. Durant really just cant please some people.

likemystylez
10-17-2018, 12:08 AM
And if they lose, KD goes to the team that wins. That’s kind of his thing.

Ummm he went to the warriors when they lost in the NBA finals.... he didnt go to the cavs

Saddletramp
10-17-2018, 01:56 AM
That is definitely the most likely way this plays out.... but the sad part is- the same people who were calling him a snake for leaving OKC would also be mad that he stayed with Golden State and didnt team up with Lebron. Durant really just cant please some people.

I agree that that’s whats going to happen but he would please me if he went to an upstart team that needed him to be a contender. Miami? Portland? The Clippers? Minnesota (assuming Jimmy leaves)?

But he won’t. He’ll stay put unless the Lakers somehow beat them. Then he’ll slither down to LA.

Saddletramp
10-17-2018, 02:00 AM
Ummm he went to the warriors when they lost in the NBA finals.... he didnt go to the cavs

Oh yes, my mistake. Totally excusable then. They totally needed him to reach that next level.

WaDe03
10-17-2018, 11:53 AM

nastynice
10-17-2018, 12:18 PM

Lmaoo, I been thinking that since this thread started. The same people crying about stacked teams are all hoping he goes and stacks up with new players.

I don't even know what to make of that

Hawkeye15
10-17-2018, 12:26 PM
would love to see him go to the Knicks, and try and lead a team to new heights. Maybe he could salvage his legacy a little.

YAALREADYKNO
10-17-2018, 12:42 PM
Lakers

Chronz
10-17-2018, 01:20 PM
would love to see him go to the Knicks, and try and lead a team to new heights. Maybe he could salvage his legacy a little.

From the Lowe article addressing this

"
He's not going back to Oklahoma City. I'd be dumbfounded if he joined LeBron. He must know the Warriors will always be Curry's team. The social media slights will never stop as long as Durant is there. People who know Durant say part of him must crave the challenge of being the undisputed alpha dog and lead ball handler -- of putting up a 32-10-8 stat line. Some of those same people wonder if he is a little scared of that challenge."

I think he's in a lose lose situation. Stay and no one will ever acknowledge him as a champion in the truest mold. Leave and watch curry go back to dominating without you while you languish on some decent team.

I used to think kd joined steph to dethrone bron but I'm beginning to think he realized that was never going to matter historically and he'd eventually become the superior player sometime. I think his true purpose was to overshadow steph to where he may legitimately be underrated. This was beginning to become curry's league, now people question if he's even his team's best player lol. That's why kd joined the team that beat him.

Hawkeye15
10-17-2018, 02:05 PM
From the Lowe article addressing this

"
He's not going back to Oklahoma City. I'd be dumbfounded if he joined LeBron. He must know the Warriors will always be Curry's team. The social media slights will never stop as long as Durant is there. People who know Durant say part of him must crave the challenge of being the undisputed alpha dog and lead ball handler -- of putting up a 32-10-8 stat line. Some of those same people wonder if he is a little scared of that challenge."

I think he's in a lose lose situation. Stay and no one will ever acknowledge him as a champion in the truest mold. Leave and watch curry go back to dominating without you while you languish on some decent team.

I used to think kd joined steph to dethrone bron but I'm beginning to think he realized that was never going to matter historically and he'd eventually become the superior player sometime. I think his true purpose was to overshadow steph to where he may legitimately be underrated. This was beginning to become curry's league, now people question if he's even his team's best player lol. That's why kd joined the team that beat him.

I don't think he understood how people would react to his decision.

You are giving Durant too much credit, I don't think the wheels turn fast enough upstairs for all that. He is a beta fish, he simply attached himself to the biggest shark out there.

Saddletramp
10-17-2018, 02:21 PM
I don't think he understood how people would react to his decision.

You are giving Durant too much credit, I don't think the wheels turn fast enough upstairs for all that. He is a beta fish, he simply attached himself to the biggest shark out there.

Yeah, he wasn’t playing mind games or whatever Chronz is fishing at. He likes those guys and they’re really good and there was an extra $23 million added in the one year he could go there. It was perfect timing for him to join a team that didn’t even need him.

But I think he knew how’d we’d react. That’s why he stayed in bed for days and why he’s playing up the Cupcake stuff and why he created burner accounts to voice his true opinions. He knows he pussed out and his legacy took a hit.......he’s still weighing how much of that can still be salvaged and if it’s importnant enough to lose numerous unearned rings with his buddies going forward.

nastynice
10-17-2018, 02:28 PM
Everyone keeps saying golden state doesn't need Durant, you guys are telling me you'd expect golden state to be back to back Champs right now if KD weren't here?

FlashBolt
10-17-2018, 02:32 PM
KD should win a title with the Warriors and then join another team. They'll have nothing to say if he does do that.

Hawkeye15
10-17-2018, 02:33 PM
Everyone keeps saying golden state doesn't need Durant, you guys are telling me you'd expect golden state to be back to back Champs right now if KD weren't here?

I think other teams actually can contend against the Warriors without KD, but they will still be the favorites. I mean, when a player like Cousins takes the minimum, please understand as long as they have 3 HOF'ers in their peaks, GS will be just fine. That 4th HOF'er makes them a joke honestly.

FlashBolt
10-17-2018, 03:39 PM
I think other teams actually can contend against the Warriors without KD, but they will still be the favorites. I mean, when a player like Cousins takes the minimum, please understand as long as they have 3 HOF'ers in their peaks, GS will be just fine. That 4th HOF'er makes them a joke honestly.

Lol, he doesn't want no suspense. Wants to parade around the streets and forums basically knowing Warriors are going to win. Where is the suspense in knowing the Warriors are going to smash teams?

Hawkeye15
10-17-2018, 03:53 PM
Lol, he doesn't want no suspense. Wants to parade around the streets and forums basically knowing Warriors are going to win. Where is the suspense in knowing the Warriors are going to smash teams?

I mean, that describes Nasty, Tre, and even Scoots. They continually make up drama and competition as not to bore themselves from their fanhood.

GS will whip the league again this year, unless injuries cripple them. April 15th is when taxes are due. Christmas is on December 25.

There are some things that are facts unfortunately.

Chronz
10-18-2018, 12:24 AM
Would dub fans rather keep klay n dray or kd?

Scoots
10-18-2018, 12:32 AM
Would dub fans rather keep klay n dray or kd?

Klay and Dray.

If they win I think they keep them all.

Scoots
10-18-2018, 12:32 AM
I mean, that describes Nasty, Tre, and even Scoots. They continually make up drama and competition as not to bore themselves from their fanhood.

GS will whip the league again this year, unless injuries cripple them. April 15th is when taxes are due. Christmas is on December 25.

There are some things that are facts unfortunately.

I make up drama?

nastynice
10-18-2018, 04:37 AM

Haha, ur talking as tho I'm the one who runs the NBA.. Ur right, I didn't want suspense, so I singlehandedly changed the leagues landscape

Hawkeye15
10-18-2018, 11:45 AM
I make up drama?

drama may have been a bad word. False reasoning is better. Like, I get you want competition, but your team has none. At the end of the day, watching the season is a waste of time. Unless you are able to convince yourself of an alternative outcome than what will actually happen. Like making up the Rockets as an incredible team last year, when anyone with a brain saw GS sleepwalk there way to a title.

Scoots
10-18-2018, 12:11 PM
drama may have been a bad word. False reasoning is better. Like, I get you want competition, but your team has none. At the end of the day, watching the season is a waste of time. Unless you are able to convince yourself of an alternative outcome than what will actually happen. Like making up the Rockets as an incredible team last year, when anyone with a brain saw GS sleepwalk there way to a title.

I know the Warriors are good, really good, but seeing the flaws is not false reasoning. This year they are still the favorites, but that doesn't mean they don't have some teams to be watching.

valade16
10-18-2018, 12:24 PM
I know the Warriors are good, really good, but seeing the flaws is not false reasoning. This year they are still the favorites, but that doesn't mean they don't have some teams to be watching.

This year, barring a major injury to the Warriors, they are going to win. The NBA is like College Basketball during the UCLA dynasty. We all know who is going to win the title, but that doesn't mean there aren't interesting storylines below that level.

ewing
10-18-2018, 12:27 PM
This year, barring a major injury to the Warriors, they are going to win. The NBA is like College Basketball during the UCLA dynasty. We all know who is going to win the title, but that doesn't mean there aren't interesting storylines below that level.

I'm picking Boston. No joke if healthy I think they are the best team in the league

valade16
10-18-2018, 12:33 PM
I'm picking Boston. No joke if healthy I think they are the best team in the league

I think they are the deepest team in the league. GS is still better though.

Hawkeye15
10-18-2018, 02:05 PM

the only way they lose is injuries, or massive choke job. Seriously, the talent gap between the best and second best team hasn't been this high since post ABA/NBA merger (basically Russell's C's).

The Warriors are literally the only team that can beat the Warriors.

So, now we are relegated to finding other things to get us through the inevitable. For you Warrior fans, its imagining competition. For some, its the future (young studs on their team). For some, its just hoping and wishing for what I said can knock the Warriors off.

Hawkeye15
10-18-2018, 02:06 PM

Deepest, yes. Best? Nope. GS has 2 players miles better than anything Boston has on their roster. Hell their 3rd best player is nearly as good as anything Boston has. The Celtics have defense, and depth. Depth means nothing in the playoffs. Unless you are hurt in the starting lineup. The Celtics don't have the horses man.

But, I get why you want to think so. Something has to get you through the rinse and repeat cycle.

ewing
10-18-2018, 02:23 PM
Deepest, yes. Best? Nope. GS has 2 players miles better than anything Boston has on their roster. Hell their 3rd best player is nearly as good as anything Boston has. The Celtics have defense, and depth. Depth means nothing in the playoffs. Unless you are hurt in the starting lineup. The Celtics don't have the horses man.

But, I get why you want to think so. Something has to get you through the rinse and repeat cycle.

Boston starts 4 all star caliber players(Tatum is an all star right now), have a better bench, can better adapt to different styles/situations, and i think they will generally be more cohesive. I know you think Curry's mind can be a game changer but unless he actually starts playing like an MVP in the finals its Boston

Hawkeye15
10-18-2018, 02:25 PM
Boston starts 4 all star caliber players(Tatum is an all star right now), have a better bench, can better adapt to different styles/situations, and i think they will generally be more cohesive. I know you think Curry's mind can be a game changer but unless he actually starts playing like an MVP in the finals its Boston

and last year the Rox set all sorts of records and lost to the Warriors who barely showed up to play.

We can disagree. GS is winning this year, I don't see how they don't, barring injuries. 4 all stars is nice, but 4 future HOF'ers in their peaks is nicer.

valade16
10-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Boston starts 4 all star caliber players (Tatum is an all star right now), have a better bench, can better adapt to different styles/situations, and i think they will generally be more cohesive. I know you think Curry's mind can be a game changer but unless he actually starts playing like an MVP in the finals its Boston

And GS starts 4 All-NBA caliber players (5 if Boogie is healthy by then). We get it, you don't think Curry is that good lol, but Golden State is still better than Boston, no matter how trash Curry is.

Heediot
10-18-2018, 03:00 PM
and last year the Rox set all sorts of records and lost to the Warriors who barely showed up to play.

We can disagree. GS is winning this year, I don't see how they don't, barring injuries. 4 all stars is nice, but 4 future HOF'ers in their peaks is nicer.

5, they got Cousins too.

Heediot
10-18-2018, 03:03 PM

Rox were seriously giving them trouble, and it's not because GS didn't try. Sure GS were favored and it would be an upset, but upsets happen in Sports. The WCF was a real test for them, if the Rox didn't brick all their 3's in the 2nd half of the final game and if Cp wasn't out, who knows if they make it to the finals?

Hawkeye15
10-18-2018, 03:04 PM
5, they got Cousins too.

Cousins isn't a future HOF'er. yet.

But yeah, people forget about him. If he is even remotely healthy for playoffs, I am not even sure its worth watching. He is a top 2-3 center in the game. And nobody even remembers he is a Warrior...

Heediot
10-18-2018, 03:07 PM
Cousins isn't a future HOF'er. yet.

But yeah, people forget about him. If he is even remotely healthy for playoffs, I am not even sure its worth watching. He is a top 2-3 center in the game. And nobody even remembers he is a Warrior...

He arguably has just a strong of a case or as close of a case vs. Klay IMO.

valade16
10-18-2018, 03:12 PM
Rox were seriously giving them trouble, and it's not because GS didn't try. Sure GS were favored and it would be an upset, but upsets happen in Sports. The WCF was a real test for them, if the Rox didn't brick all their 3's in the 2nd half of the final game and if Cp wasn't out, who knows if they make it to the finals?

I posted this before but look at the 1st half/2nd half splits of the last 2 games:

Game 6:
1st half: Houston 61 - Golden State 51
2nd half: Houston 25 - Golden State 64

Game 7:
1st half: Houston 54 - Golden State 43
2nd half: Houston 38 - Golden State 58

Golden State cruised through the first half of the series and cruised through the first half of the games (as they have done multiple times before) and then when they needed to turned it on and obliterated Houston.

Outscored them 122-63 in the 2nd half of games 6 and 7.

Hawkeye15
10-18-2018, 03:17 PM
He arguably has just a strong of a case or as close of a case vs. Klay IMO.

BBR has Klay at a 24% probability, Cousins at 1%. Take that for what it's worth though. Klay has been on a powerhouse team though...

RowBTrice
10-18-2018, 03:19 PM
I think 1 of 2 places......Lakers are my first guess, otherwise staying with the Warriors.

Heediot
10-18-2018, 03:19 PM
I posted this before but look at the 1st half/2nd half splits of the last 2 games:

Game 6:

Game 7:

Golden State cruised through the first half of the series and cruised through the first half of the games (as they have done multiple times before) and then when they needed to turned it on and obliterated Houston.

Just from the last game in General, I think the Rockets could have pulled it off. They were just missing 3's badly. You can't shoot 16 percent on trey's on 44 attempts and win, and they lost by 9. Even a 30 percent clip from 3, makes things interesting. They were shooting 59 from the field, so the math ****ed them up. The team was a proponent of shooting 3's at most costs because long term your better off even if you hit at a certain clip. But when your shooting 59 from the field in genegral they were other strategies that needed to be looked at Maybe GS forced them into that kind of game or maybe they were stubborn, but if Cp was healthy he would of opened up more options outside the 3. Maybe it was bad coaching too or a combination of things.

I can see GS turning it on at home in game 6 argument. I'm not convinced that Houston didn't help them beat themselves in game 7 though, with the Cp injury and the bricks being laid.

Hawkeye15
10-18-2018, 03:20 PM

I mean, look at the close of that series, post halftime. GS sleepwalked into the half and then came out and took the Rockets soul after intermission. Basically, "ok I guess we need to play now".

It's always "If" when it comes to harden/CP3. Let me know "if" either of them can ever not get hurt or choke at the exact wrong time.

Heediot
10-18-2018, 03:24 PM
I mean, look at the close of that series, post halftime. GS sleepwalked into the half and then came out and took the Rockets soul after intermission. Basically, "ok I guess we need to play now".

It's always "If" when it comes to harden/CP3. Let me know "if" either of them can ever not get hurt or choke at the exact wrong time.

I disagree about game 7. I think the Rox beat themselves more-so vs. the Warriors taking their soul away. YOu can't win shooting 16 percent on treys with 44 shots. They were a stubborn 3 pint chucking team all season and it caught up to them, the stubbornness, throw in the cp3 injury I think the Rox did it more to themselves in game 7. I'll give them the game 6 2nd half, just my take.

Chronz
10-18-2018, 03:31 PM
Just from the last game in General, I think the Rockets could have pulled it off. They were just missing 3's badly. You can't shoot 16 percent on trey's on 44 attempts and win, and they lost by 9. Even a 30 percent clip from 3, makes things interesting. They were shooting 59 from the field, so the math ****ed them up. The team was a proponent of shooting 3's at most costs because long term your better off even if you hit at a certain clip. But when your shooting 59 from the field in genegral they were other strategies that needed to be looked at Maybe GS forced them into that kind of game or maybe they were stubborn, but if Cp was healthy he would of opened up more options outside the 3. Maybe it was bad coaching too or a combination of things.

I can see GS turning it on at home in game 6 argument. I'm not convinced that Houston didn't help them beat themselves in game 7 though, with the Cp injury and the bricks being laid.
Meh, the quality of looks were awful to where a feast and famine from 3 team like the rockets could realistically shoot that poorly against a finally motivated defensive unit. The series wasn't that close to me, sorta similar to how other champs were pushed to 7 but never really had trouble in their victories vs other more contested 6 or even 5 game series, they just narrowly lost/ choked away close games. We might view the game differently but its not just wins and losses to me.

At full health, the series is prolly over in 5 or 6 imo, so I don't really care about injuries. That being said, their depth was tested, their starting unit throttles everyone tho. Well see how they look once cousins is back

Heediot
10-18-2018, 03:40 PM
Meh, the quality of looks were awful to where a feast and famine from 3 team like the rockets could realistically shoot that poorly against a finally motivated defensive unit. The series wasn't that close to me, sorta similar to how other champs were pushed to 7 but never really had trouble in their victories vs other more contested 6 or even 5 game series, they just narrowly lost/ choked away close games. We might view the game differently but its not just wins and losses to me.

At full health, the series is prolly over in 5 or 6 imo, so I don't really care about injuries. That being said, their depth was tested, their starting unit throttles everyone tho. Well see how they look once cousins is back

If they played 10 series, yeah I think the average margin of victory would be what you posited. Rox had that one or two series where an upset was probable. I think if Cp was healthy and knowing how badly he wants to win and take the reigns when things need to change, having him on the floor with Harden forces GS to defend differently. I think Paul would of been more aggressive with taking it to the lane and beating guys off the bounce if they were defending Harden a certain way.

Going back to why I entered the discussion, I think the Rox were really testing them and GS had to bring it along with some luck with the cp injury. Sure they could of sleep walked the 1st half of games Paul wasn't playing, but if Paul is healthy they don't take that chance. Now Iggy is a solid player, but people are hyping him up like he was Finals mvp iggy, he has been slowed by age and injuries. Not so sure if they can win LAST season in 5-6 with both Cp and Iggy in all the games. They probably do end up winning the series tho long term probabilities, but **** happens like the year before KD joined.

Chronz
10-18-2018, 03:42 PM

Yup. I wouldn't have been surprised if even with that halftime lead you couldn't have gotten a decent return in a live bet. Tbf, its kind of easy to underestimate your foe when they're missing a key piece.

At the time I figured the rockets would lose in 6 and that we should view 2 wins against them as a chip so I still give them credit but it's not THAT impressive

Chronz
10-18-2018, 03:44 PM
If they played 10 series, yeah I think the average margin of victory would be what you posited. Rox had that one or two series where an upset was probable. I think if Cp was healthy and knowing how badly he wants to win and take the reigns when things need to change, having him on the floor with Harden forces GS to defend differently. I think Paul would of been more aggressive with taking it to the lane and beating guys off the bounce if they were defending Harden a certain way.

Going back to why I entered the discussion, I think the Rox were really testing them and GS had to bring it along with some luck with the cp injury. Sure they could of sleep walked the 1st half of games Paul wasn't playing, but if Paul is healthy they don't take that chance. Now Iggy is a solid player, but people are hyping him up like he was Finals mvp iggy, he has been slowed by age and injuries. Not so sure if they can win LAST season in 5-6 with both Cp and Iggy in all the games. They probably do end up winning the series tho long term probabilities, but **** happens like the year before KD joined.
I suppose I've seen bigger upsets than that series

Heediot
10-18-2018, 03:53 PM
IMO also, I don't think they can choose to turn it off and on vs. The Rox, Celtics, and even Raptors this season. The EC guys have the defense and switching personnel it give them fits like how Houston and Cleveland had success against GS at certain points. I think the Raps and C's have better built defenses. GS always respects Kyrie and they have other guys that can out it in the hoop so I don't think they will sleep walk vs. them. Rox just took them to 7, so they will bring it this year and take no chances of a upset like last year so Kerr will get them to go harder and have respect for Houston. I think the Raptors have the D, and Kawhi will be much respected after he almost beat them in Game 1 by himself before Zaza injured him. Not too sure about the scoring outside of Kawhi, but they won't sleep walk against that kind of defense IMO and Kawhi.

valade16
10-18-2018, 04:01 PM

I agree, the Rockets could have pulled it off had they shot a little better. My contention is they were in that position in part because GS slacked off and let them get there (and a big part was CP3's injury). But yes, the Rox were a good enough team that they could have won that game and the series in that situation.

nastynice
10-18-2018, 04:42 PM

But the rockets WERE an incredible team last year. We're still much better and should be able to handily beat them, but that doesn't mean they are not arguably the best offense the league has ever seen. Very much like the pre kd warriors, that's who they reminded me of all last year. Not style of play, but the quick strike ability.

So what is wrong with someone acknowledging how good the Rox were? We are still favored against them, it has nothing to do with creating drama. I just mention it because it's just the truth, that's it.

nastynice
10-18-2018, 04:45 PM

Game 6:

Game 7:

What a beautiful post. I wish I could somehow capture this in picture form. Like kd swattin the **** outta hardens ****, or something, lol.

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta :cool:

Greatest team ever? If we were to condense your post down to 3 words, that'd pretty much be it, right?

valade16
10-18-2018, 04:53 PM
What a beautiful post. I wish I could somehow capture this in picture form. Like kd swattin the **** outta hardens ****, or something, lol.

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta :cool:

Greatest team ever? If we were to condense your post down to 3 words, that'd pretty much be it, right?

Right now I'd say they're the best team ever (or most talented team ever). Greatest includes accolades and accomplishments. So all they need to do for me currently to go from Best team ever to both Best and Greatest team ever is to just keep doing what they're doing until they have more titles.

Hawkeye15
10-18-2018, 04:55 PM
But the rockets WERE an incredible team last year. We're still much better and should be able to handily beat them, but that doesn't mean they are not arguably the best offense the league has ever seen. Very much like the pre kd warriors, that's who they reminded me of all last year. Not style of play, but the quick strike ability.

So what is wrong with someone acknowledging how good the Rox were? We are still favored against them, it has nothing to do with creating drama. I just mention it because it's just the truth, that's it.

Rockets were a forgettable team in the long list of very good teams. GS is the best team we have seen since the Russell Celtics. Again, the only reason it was a series is because GS messed around and let it be a series.

Vinny642
10-18-2018, 05:07 PM
Why put KD and then type in Kevin Durant in the title...

You could've put one or the other.

WaDe03
10-18-2018, 05:28 PM
Why put KD and then type in Kevin Durant in the title...

You could've put one or the other.

Some would’ve been confused on who it was about. Personally, it helped me a lot!

ewing
10-18-2018, 06:02 PM

I'm sure you said the same thing when Clev upset them. Were you one of the people that insisted I was reverse trolling LeBron by saying they had a legit shot? Unless Cousins shows up and is a force Boston has enough firepower to play with anyone

valade16
10-18-2018, 06:12 PM
I'm sure you said the same thing when Clev upset them. Were you one of the people that insisted I was reverse trolling LeBron by saying they had a legit shot? Unless Cousins shows up and is a force Boston has enough firepower to play with anyone

Not really, because they added KD. However good that GS team was, imagine that but + Top 25 all-time, MVP winning prime player good.

ewing
10-18-2018, 06:16 PM
Not really, because they added KD. However good that GS team was, imagine that but + Top 25 all-time, MVP winning prime player good.

when they won 73 games there were like 3 posters on here that didn't hand them the title before the playoffs started. I was one of them. I'm pretty sure knicksorbust was in that group to. I handed it to GS last year. I didn't think anyone had a chance. I don't think that way this year.

valade16
10-18-2018, 06:22 PM
when they won 73 games there were like 3 posters on here that didn't hand them the title before the playoffs started. I was one of them. I'm pretty sure knicksorbust was in that group to. I handed it to GS last year. I didn't think anyone had a chance. This is I don't think that way this year.

I would love to see Boston knock them off. I just don't think they will.

Heediot
10-18-2018, 06:25 PM
I like Boston's fearlessness, I hope that helps their chances.

nastynice
10-19-2018, 12:34 AM
Right now I'd say they're the best team ever (or most talented team ever). Greatest includes accolades and accomplishments. So all they need to do for me currently to go from Best team ever to both Best and Greatest team ever is to just keep doing what they're doing until they have more titles.

Agreed, although most talented maybe showtime Lakers or those celtics could be right there, never really watched them real time

nastynice
10-19-2018, 12:39 AM
Rockets were a forgettable team in the long list of very good teams. GS is the best team we have seen since the Russell Celtics. Again, the only reason it was a series is because GS messed around and let it be a series.

I agree gs should be favored and is in the driver seat of this league, so the gap has nothing to do with my take on the rockets, I just legit think they are a good team and could've def taken the title a few years over the past decade. I also think the wcf thunder were a great team, had kd stayed and we matched up again I think they'd a took it. Woulda been real close.

nastynice
10-19-2018, 12:41 AM

If we play in the finals I think Boston will push us further than most people think, and it would be real tough, but I still got us taking them out.

I'm not sleeping on Boston tho, I see what you see

Chronz
10-19-2018, 01:33 AM
Agreed, although most talented maybe showtime Lakers or those celtics could be right there, never really watched them real time

Nah, if you take off magic or kaj and they drop off far more than the dubs without a star. Its why kd is such a *****

Hawkeye15
10-19-2018, 09:21 AM

that was with LeBron James, and without Kevind Durant haha. HUGE difference my man. They were already talked about with the Celtics/Bulls great teams before they added............Kevin Durant.

Look, it's not a 100% shot GS wins it, funny things can happen. But I can't think of any period of time, including during Jordan's 90's run, where a team is as heavily expected to win the title as GS the last 3 seasons, including this one.

Hawkeye15
10-19-2018, 09:23 AM
I would love to see Boston knock them off. I just don't think they will.

yeah, anyone but Boston/LAL. I don't like either of those teams. GS's dominance, I can stomach. They sucked for my entire lifetime, hit the jackpot, and will fade away again at some point. I hate either the Celtics or Lakers continuing to add to their total, and NE fans have had enough joy over the past 20 years, eff them.

Hawkeye15
10-19-2018, 09:24 AM
I agree gs should be favored and is in the driver seat of this league, so the gap has nothing to do with my take on the rockets, I just legit think they are a good team and could've def taken the title a few years over the past decade. I also think the wcf thunder were a great team, had kd stayed and we matched up again I think they'd a took it. Woulda been real close.

ok I finally agree to the point you are trying to make. The Rox, were great last year. But they unfortunately play in a league where an all time team is currently running the show. There are other years they would have likely won it all, yes. Not all champions are created equal, or as good as each other.

Hawkeye15
10-19-2018, 09:28 AM
Nah, if you take off magic or kaj and they drop off far more than the dubs without a star. Its why kd is such a *****

correct. My gripe with people who want to throw the names of the early 80's Laker teams at me for talent, is not all those guys were in their primes at the same time. Hell a few of them were closer to done than they were their prime. Even KAJ wasn't the Bucks KAJ at that point. Like crediting McAdoo as a stud during the Laker runs is stupid, he was at the tail end of his career and past his prime by then. GS has 4 ****ing guys in their PEAKS, 2 of which will be top 20 players ever. May have been even higher had they not joined forces.

ewing
10-20-2018, 08:53 AM
that was with LeBron James, and without Kevind Durant haha. HUGE difference my man. They were already talked about with the Celtics/Bulls great teams before they added............Kevin Durant.

Look, it's not a 100% shot GS wins it, funny things can happen. But I can't think of any period of time, including during Jordan's 90's run, where a team is as heavily expected to win the title as GS the last 3 seasons, including this one.

So you weren't beating the same unbeatable drum until they lost?

Scoots
10-20-2018, 04:40 PM
Odds are highest he goes to San Francisco in his move this off-season.

Tg11
10-21-2018, 12:56 PM
If Durant stays with Golden State then chances are Klay and eventually Draymond are gonna leave. They want max dollars, they both want max contracts and are not willing to take paycuts. However, if you keep Durant then chances are those 2 will bolt unless Durant takes a paycut and Klay and Draymond both get max dollars. Furthermore, I can't see Durant being willing to take that paycut so something has gotta give.

Scoots
10-21-2018, 05:43 PM
If Durant stays with Golden State then chances are Klay and eventually Draymond are gonna leave. They want max dollars, they both want max contracts and are not willing to take paycuts. However, if you keep Durant then chances are those 2 will bolt unless Durant takes a paycut and Klay and Draymond both get max dollars. Furthermore, I can't see Durant being willing to take that paycut so something has gotta give.

They can max them all. The new arena is making them stupid money.

warfelg
10-21-2018, 06:04 PM
They can max them all. The new arena is making them stupid money.

The issue isn't keeping all 4. It's replacing guys down the line. And I know the claim will be that losing Livingston and Iggy won't hurt. But it will. It always does. Then the young guys end up with RFA offers that are higher than the Warriors are comfortable with. And suddenly you are scrambling to fill out the roster with quality.

likemystylez
10-21-2018, 06:08 PM
The issue isn't keeping all 4. It's replacing guys down the line. And I know the claim will be that losing Livingston and Iggy won't hurt. But it will. It always does. Then the young guys end up with RFA offers that are higher than the Warriors are comfortable with. And suddenly you are scrambling to fill out the roster with quality.

yeah, but the warriors arent going to refuse to pay durant so they have more to re sign jordan bell and jacob evans. Having the 4 star players is their best chance at attracting free agents who will sign on the cheap.

warriors are so far over the cap either way- letting durant walk is not going to help them.

likemystylez
10-21-2018, 06:11 PM
Odds are highest he goes to San Francisco in his move this off-season.

agreed, its not as fun of a story for the big markets..... but leaving his current situation would be shocking looking at it from any reasonable point of view. there are fans and media sources around the league that want the warriors broken up so badly that they arent really looking at what KD would be walking away from.

Scoots
10-21-2018, 06:30 PM

I agree. It's going to take some luck to find vets who are willing to play multiple years at the taxpayer MLE before they can get a reasonable deal.

Realistically the Warriors window, even if they max all 4 is a couple more years before their age and difficulties filling the roster become too much to overcome.

nastynice
10-21-2018, 07:08 PM
Haha, damn, they should probably implement a hard cap or something.

Tg11
10-22-2018, 01:32 PM
Exactly and if GSW are over the cap then some of their guys gon have to go

Hawkeye15
10-22-2018, 02:12 PM
So you weren't beating the same unbeatable drum until they lost?

I wasn't expecting the cave in and Kyrie having the series of his life, no.

Again, as I mentioned, anything can happen. But GS if healthy would beat any team 9/10 times in a 7 game series. Here is to hoping your C's catch that 1 :)

ewing
10-22-2018, 08:30 PM
I wasn't expecting the cave in and Kyrie having the series of his life, no.

Again, as I mentioned, anything can happen. But GS if healthy would beat any team 9/10 times in a 7 game series. Here is to hoping your C's catch that 1 :)

I thought so!

valade16
10-23-2018, 12:52 PM
I thought so!

Boston with a nice showing against the Magic last night.

ewing
10-23-2018, 01:09 PM
Boston with a nice showing against the Magic last night.

Give it time. They have two all stars coming off big time injuries. Both have been bad. If they are healed they will return to there norm and Boston is legit

valade16
10-23-2018, 01:11 PM
Give it time. They have two all stars coming off big time injuries. Both have been bad. If they are healed they will return to there norm and Boston is legit

Just giving you crap, it's way too early in the season to tell anything. Heck, GS has been infected with ISO ball (thank you KD!), which I sincerely hope they fail to change.

But I need to see a lot more from Boston to think they could defeat a fully engaged Warriors team, and that's without Boogie, who if he comes back essentially seals the deal.

Hawkeye15
10-23-2018, 03:24 PM

watched them the other night, they are struggling to find lineups right now that work. Plus their guys can't hit the broad side of a barn. Goal is to get chemistry and stay healthy. Boston SHOULD win the east. I personally think they get crushed by GS, but stranger things have happened.