8. Carter Jr.
9. Robinson
10. Shai Gilgeous Alexander

GREATNESS ONE
10-06-2018, 11:46 AM
Markelle Fultz

Tg11
10-06-2018, 11:49 AM
DeAndre Ayton out there in Phoenix...he's my guy as far as the Rookie of the Year goes but if not him then I say it will be a left field pick someone who we don't expect it will be Gilgeous Alexander or Robinson or even Knox

buckalis
10-06-2018, 12:14 PM
All Jackson, Knox, Doncic, Bangley III, Ayton & Bamba, have higher chances than the rest, simply because they'll be in the starting roster from day-1...

Tg11
10-06-2018, 12:19 PM
Then again no one thought Donovan Mitchell would break out like he did last season and guess what he did...he should have won it last year but was robbed...that is the kind of example that I could see happening again this season but with this year's class of rookies I can see it being someone who actually can break out and all those guys you mentioned have a legit shot at it but who is the most NBA ready

GREATNESS ONE
10-06-2018, 12:19 PM
In all seriousness, I like Ayton for ROTY too

buckalis
10-06-2018, 12:29 PM
Then again no one thought Donovan Mitchell would break out like he did last season and guess what he did...he should have won it last year but was robbed...that is the kind of example that I could see happening again this season but with this year's class of rookies I can see it being someone who actually can break out and all those guys you mentioned have a legit shot at it but who is the most NBA ready

It's because of Mitchell's example that I included S.G.Alexander and Hutchinson.

Storch
10-06-2018, 12:29 PM
Im really loving knox! I hope he has a good year

Tg11
10-06-2018, 12:30 PM
Ayton is not only the most NBA ready but the man has already come into his big man body and seeing what I have seen of him in pre-season already he definitely has to be one of the favorites to win Rookie of the Year...plus playing with such a young core...he said that he wants himself and Booker to be the new Shaq and Kobe out there in Phoenix but I guess I can see somewhat of a parallel in some ways but Phoenix would have to go above and beyond in the West in order for that to happen

buckalis
10-06-2018, 12:32 PM
Im really loving knox! I hope he has a good year

Agree... I don't have him first, only because he was the youngest drafted... he turned 19 only 3 weeks ago...

Tg11
10-06-2018, 12:35 PM
Agree... I don't have him first, only because he was the youngest drafted... he turned 19 only 3 weeks ago...

Even so age or not he could surprise us all this season and he is playing out there in Knickerboxer land out there in New York playing for the Knicks...playing under Fizdale I can see him having a great rookie season

Rad_Racing
10-06-2018, 01:57 PM
Ben Simmons.

I have a feeling Doncic will get quite a bit of playing time and have solid across-the-board stats.

Tg11
10-06-2018, 02:15 PM
Well Doncic is another player who is basically NBA ready playing against professionals as a teenager out there in Europe probably playing for Europe's best team over there in Spain playing for Real Madrid but also Doncic can shoot that basketball and he can distribute well amongst his teammates...plus that young core in Dallas I will say if he wins Rookie of the Year it is more or less expected of him to win it which is why it wouldn't surprise me if he did

Scoots
10-06-2018, 03:25 PM
Luka has a chance to play major minutes for a team that has a reasonable chance to have a major improvement from last year. Good narrative.

R. Johnson#3
10-06-2018, 03:58 PM
Luka is going to win it.

Heediot
10-06-2018, 04:30 PM
Luka, and possibly Trae Young (he has the green light to chuck it up).

Ayton is a strong choice too.

FlashBolt
10-06-2018, 07:38 PM
Doncic's got the most NBA ready game and will have the ball a lot. Probably going 15/7/6. Going with Doncic here.

buckalis
10-07-2018, 04:57 AM
Jarret Jackson Jr had an amazing game in the Grizzlies victory over the Pacers... Scored 18 and collected 6rebs in 24 mins coming from bench and led his team.

Vinylman
10-07-2018, 01:20 PM
Ayton or Doncic

If I had to put money on it I say Ayton

buckalis
10-07-2018, 02:20 PM
Based on past experience, the one that wins ROTY, usually ends up being a very good NBA player, but rarely is the one that excels later on out of his draft season...

I think that KD is among the very few that both won ROTY and ended up a TOP-5 player and CP3 a TOP-10...

I believe that Knox and Hutchinson are the ones that have the most chances out of the ROTY candidates, to end up entering the TOP-10 list at sometime in the future, despite how high they will rank in this season's ROTY race.

Cal827
10-07-2018, 02:23 PM
Ben Simmons, or Luca Doncic

buckalis
10-07-2018, 04:25 PM
Ben Simmons, or Luca Doncic

Ben Simmons for ROTY? ...I guess then one can suggest Lebron too!:D:speechless::speechless::D

TheDish87
10-08-2018, 04:16 PM
These are the current odds. no idea what that order is the OP posted but that was never the odds or rankings or whatever.

Luka Doncic +333
Deandre Ayton +375
Collin Sexton +500
Kevin Knox +750
Marvin Bagley +1100
Jaren Jackson Jr +1200
Trae Young +1100
Wendell Carter Jr +1100
Mohamed Bamba +2400
Michael Porter Jr +2400
Lonnie Walker +2500
Harry Giles +2500
Mikal Bridges +4500
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander +3300
Miles Bridges +4000
Donte DiVincenzo +5500
Jalen Brunson +10000
Zhaire Smith +7000
Robert Williams +7500
Jairus Lyles +15000
Grayson Allen +9000
Mitchell Robinson +8500
De'Anthony Melton +2500

TheDish87
10-08-2018, 04:18 PM
Based on the odds give me Bamba, young, or Sexton. I think Ayton wins it though with Sexton a close 2nd. Grayson Allen is a sleeper though if he gets the minutes.

TheDish87
10-08-2018, 04:23 PM

Mithcell was not robbed in anyway. he was 2nd all season deservingly and rightfully so,

buckalis
10-08-2018, 07:22 PM
The bookies rarely loose money and when they do is only small amounts... They rank Knox 4th, which should be because he was the youngest out of the draft... otherwise I believe they would rank him first or second...

What surprises me, is that they rank Divicenzo at 15th... I didn't expect him to be in the list at all...

I guess they know better than all of us.

Storch
10-09-2018, 03:52 AM
Is Fultz not qualified?

TheDish87
10-09-2018, 09:18 AM
nah its not like baseball. once you play thats it in terms of eligibility.

Tg11
10-14-2018, 12:22 PM
Sexton has a lot to prove especially post-LeBron considering he is playing in Cleveland and the spotlight is gon be on him but with that comes pressure for this kid

Scoots
10-14-2018, 04:10 PM
Mithcell was not robbed in anyway. he was 2nd all season deservingly and rightfully so,

I think it was about Simmons not being a rookie so he shouldn't have been eligible.

ewing
10-14-2018, 06:22 PM
Based on the odds give me Bamba, young, or Sexton. I think Ayton wins it though with Sexton a close 2nd. Grayson Allen is a sleeper though if he gets the minutes.

If Allen can defend on the NBA level I think he can be a solid contributor. Good shooter, wing size, very good passer, no fear. I donít know if he will be able to defend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raps08-09 Champ
10-14-2018, 07:11 PM
Doncic or Ayton.

Ayton probably puts up the bigger statline but Doncic will be more effective.

buckalis
10-18-2018, 06:49 PM
Shai Gilgeous Alexander and Mo Bamba both had very good starts with their teams.

ewing
10-18-2018, 06:57 PM
Dario Saric

warfelg
10-18-2018, 07:44 PM
Dario Saric

He never came over. :shrug:

ewing
10-18-2018, 08:42 PM
He never came over. :shrug:

Exactly. Heís still eligible

Alayla
10-18-2018, 09:23 PM
Luka

Blitzbolt
10-19-2018, 11:21 PM
Woah I though JJJ was not NBA ready but I was wrong the potential with him is unreal on both ends.

basch152
10-20-2018, 12:52 AM
Ben Simmons for ROTY? ...I guess then one can suggest Lebron too!:D:speechless::speechless::D

it's his way of *****ing that simmons was still considered a rookie even though he was drafted the previous year.

because, ya know, having a major injury and not being able to play for damn near a year is an advantage because you got to learn the plays over that year.

buckalis
10-20-2018, 12:41 PM
Donte Divincenzo is rising fast with some bookies after season started...

http://www.lasvegassportsbetting.com/2018-19-NBA-Rookie-of-the-Year_P29097.html

Mr.B
10-21-2018, 12:01 AM
Luka has been as advertised. He makes some really good decisions with the ball in his hands.

ewing
10-21-2018, 08:25 AM
allonzo trier

buckalis
10-25-2018, 01:36 PM
Luka has been as advertised. He makes some really good decisions with the ball in his hands.

He is the favorite to win the ROTY award alright... But I think that it may be wise for the league to alter the award's rules, so that pro players that are coming from the Euroleague would be excluded from winning the ROTY and maybe have a parallel to the ROTY prize award instead...

LAbron
10-25-2018, 04:40 PM
Ayton or doncic.

Scoots
10-25-2018, 05:43 PM
He is the favorite to win the ROTY award alright... But I think that it may be wise for the league to alter the award's rules, so that pro players that are coming from the Euroleague would be excluded from winning the ROTY and maybe have a parallel to the ROTY prize award instead...

So I assume you were against Simmons getting it last year?

buckalis
10-25-2018, 06:14 PM
So I assume you were against Simmons getting it last year?

What I think has nothing to do with Simmons or Luka if he gets the title this season...

I believe it's not fair for a kid that comes from college with a dream to make it in the NBA, to be compared with a pro that may have 4 or 5 more seasons of experience competing at the highest level against other pros that have NBA experience and is coached by NBA level coaches.

Maybe having two parallel running prizes, would be more fair... One that would include rookies with no pro experience and another that would include pros and perhaps 2nd season Nbaers too? ...how does this sound to you?

TheDish87
10-26-2018, 09:00 AM
different leagues. no reason why intl players should be excluded especially someone like Donic whose only 19.

Byronicle
10-26-2018, 09:37 AM
What I think has nothing to do with Simmons or Luka if he gets the title this season...

I believe it's not fair for a kid that comes from college with a dream to make it in the NBA, to be compared with a pro that may have 4 or 5 more seasons of experience competing at the highest level against other pros that have NBA experience and is coached by NBA level coaches.

Maybe having two parallel running prizes, would be more fair... One that would include rookies with no pro experience and another that would include pros and perhaps 2nd season Nbaers too? ...how does this sound to you?

But I thought Euro players have a hard time translating to the American game? This is a long classic narrative that we all have heard about European players.

buckalis
10-26-2018, 11:16 AM
But I thought Euro players have a hard time translating to the American game? This is a long classic narrative that we all have heard about European players.

That narrative, is one that is coming from the past, before 1996 and the Atlanta world championship that Serbia won... After that the convergence started, where both sides are implementing the better parts of the other's game...

I'll make a thread on this very interesting subject and hope that the admins will "pin it" and stick it at the top...

Please avoid replying to the trolls (like WaDe3, Greatness one, Dish 87, tg11 etc) there, so that we can avoid them ruin it and have a proper discussion for a change, so that we can advance this site.

WaDe03
10-26-2018, 11:26 AM
Canít wait for you to start that thread.

GREATNESS ONE
10-26-2018, 11:30 AM
Lmfao! Why did I get named :laugh2:

That **** is hilarious.

Wrigheyes4MVP
10-26-2018, 04:39 PM

As a Kings fan, I will say Bagley has played well so far, but I still wish we picked Doncic. I think Doncic is showing that he has more upside that some game him credit for. He's not super fast or athletic so some people said his upside was capped, but he's showing that his skill set and IQ is off the charts for his age.

Only thing I don't like is that I think he shoots way too many 3's. His shot selection needs work. That was an issue for him in Europe as well.

FlashBolt
10-26-2018, 05:24 PM
As a Kings fan, I will say Bagley has played well so far, but I still wish we picked Doncic. I think Doncic is showing that he has more upside that some game him credit for. He's not super fast or athletic so some people said his upside was capped, but he's showing that his skill set and IQ is off the charts for his age.

Only thing I don't like is that I think he shoots way too many 3's. His shot selection needs work. That was an issue for him in Europe as well.

Problem with Bagley is he just finishes close to the rim. Not exactly very versatile and game-changing the way Doncic could be. I like Bagley but the guy just has no outside game and lacks defense. Not sure how useful those guys are in today's game.

buckalis
10-28-2018, 11:11 AM
Problem with Bagley is he just finishes close to the rim. Not exactly very versatile and game-changing the way Doncic could be. I like Bagley but the guy just has no outside game and lacks defense. Not sure how useful those guys are in today's game.
It's too early for one to judge how a rookie's game will develop, it usually is the coach that sets the priorities and directs the player on what to do on the floor and then, they gradually expand the requirements and add plays on the rookie's game...

WaDe03
10-28-2018, 02:50 PM

Bagley is really long and gets some nice blocks though, defense will get better as his body matures. Kings are dumb as **** for not starting him right now. Thereís a reason they got the 2nd pick, heís supposed to be a huge part of the future.

FlashBolt
10-29-2018, 12:10 AM
It's too early for one to judge how a rookie's game will develop, it usually is the coach that sets the priorities and directs the player on what to do on the floor and then, they gradually expand the requirements and add plays on the rookie's game...

Well, the entire point is to point out their flaws for now and that's a flaw I see in Bagley's game. I'm sure he'll be a fine player and the first year for these guys are always a learning season but I would like to see him work more on his shooting. Bagley could be a Chris Bosh type player, IMO.

Wrigheyes4MVP
10-29-2018, 01:58 PM
I think his defense has looked alright. He is athletic and long and can block some shots/crash the boards. I don't think he'll ever be a defensive anchor in the paint, but I do think he can be a solid team defender.

As for the shooting, he's gonna have to develop in that area. I have no idea if he'll ever develop a consistent outside shot. That one could go either way.

But yeah, I think Doncic is more developed right now as an overall player. He's just gotta improve his shot selection.

Wrigheyes4MVP
10-29-2018, 01:58 PM
Well, the entire point is to point out their flaws for now and that's a flaw I see in Bagley's game. I'm sure he'll be a fine player and the first year for these guys are always a learning season but I would like to see him work more on his shooting. Bagley could be a Chris Bosh type player, IMO.

And I would gladly take a Chris Bosh type of player.

Wrigheyes4MVP
10-29-2018, 02:01 PM
Bagley is really long and gets some nice blocks though, defense will get better as his body matures. Kings are dumb as **** for not starting him right now. Thereís a reason they got the 2nd pick, heís supposed to be a huge part of the future.

It's early and the other two bigs they have are balling. WCS and Bjelica are both better players at the moment. Bagley is still playing important minutes off the bench and is a regular in their rotation. I don't have a problem with how they are handling him right now. He'll start for them eventually, but is probably not quite ready for that type of role just yet to be honest.

buckalis
10-29-2018, 10:49 PM
I expect Donte Divincenzo to rise in the prediction rankings soon... This kid has a lot of potential and coach Bud seems to count on him... Already a solid piece in the Bucks rotation with more than 16 mins a game and rising...

Wrigheyes4MVP
10-29-2018, 10:53 PM
Ayton and Doncic are killing it

zookman65
10-30-2018, 06:03 PM
Based on past experience, the one that wins ROTY, usually ends up being a very good NBA player, but rarely is the one that excels later on out of his draft season...

I think that KD is among the very few that both won ROTY and ended up a TOP-5 player and CP3 a TOP-10...

I believe that Knox and Hutchinson are the ones that have the most chances out of the ROTY candidates, to end up entering the TOP-10 list at sometime in the future, despite how high they will rank in this season's ROTY race.

And Lebron James a Top 1 player LOL

zn23
10-30-2018, 08:51 PM
Ayton is basically like another Enes Kanter.

High ORTg, high PER, efficient scorer but has almost 0 impact on a game and might just be the worst defensive player in the league.

To me, Trae Young and Doncic are having the better year.

Giannis94
10-30-2018, 09:16 PM

High ORTg, high PER, efficient scorer but has almost 0 impact on a game and might just be the worst defensive player in the league.

Enes is making $18 m a year? So yeah I'll take a rookie contract Enes any day.

TheDish87
10-31-2018, 09:40 AM

dude, its been 8 games. None of these guys are gonna make a real impact on their team throughout an 82 game season.

Tg11
10-31-2018, 09:54 AM
I say now Luka wins Rookie of the Year

Wrigheyes4MVP
10-31-2018, 10:59 AM
dude, its been 8 games. None of these guys are gonna make a real impact on their team throughout an 82 game season.

IDK... this rookie class looks strong and Doncic in particular is off to a really strong start. He looks like their best player right now.

FlashBolt
11-01-2018, 02:44 AM
call me crazy but I would rather have Luka than Ben Simmons just because of his shooting. Ben might be the better passer and have greater physical attributes but Luka's ability to score puts him above Ben in terms of ceiling. How Ben can't score easily with his size and skillset is astonishing to me. The dude should be able to attack the rim any time he wants.

TheDish87
11-01-2018, 08:44 AM
Ben does attack the rim anytime he wants. thats literally all he does.

Wrigheyes4MVP
11-01-2018, 11:41 AM
call me crazy but I would rather have Luka than Ben Simmons just because of his shooting. Ben might be the better passer and have greater physical attributes but Luka's ability to score puts him above Ben in terms of ceiling. How Ben can't score easily with his size and skillset is astonishing to me. The dude should be able to attack the rim any time he wants.

I don't think that's crazy at all. I prefer Luka too.

zookman65
11-01-2018, 11:31 PM
And I am not sure Ben is the better passer. Its just a matter of time until Carlisle has Luka running point forward. Dennis Smith Jr is a turnover machine at guard

ewing
11-02-2018, 09:22 AM
And I am not sure Ben is the better passer. Its just a matter of time until Carlisle has Luka running point forward. Dennis Smith Jr is a turnover machine at guard

Wow thatís quite a statement. Can he create pace like Simmons?

Tg11
11-02-2018, 09:43 AM
Luka Doncic for sure is my pick now

TheDish87
11-02-2018, 02:47 PM
yikes after 8 games Donic is now better than Simmons who is coming off an historic (rookie) season and still building off it. PSD never amazes me and thats not to slight Donic as i havent watched more than a few mins of him yet.

ewing
11-02-2018, 03:40 PM
yikes after 8 games Donic is now better than Simmons who is coming off an historic (rookie) season and still building off it. PSD never amazes me and thats not to slight Donic as i havent watched more than a few mins of him yet.

I haven't seen much of him yet either. I believe he is a very good passer but having eyes isn't enough to make you on Simmons level. That dude can creates havoc pushing ball. Part of being an impactful passer is being able to create situations where you can use that vision. Imagine if J Kidd was a slow guy that couldn't push the ball when he was younger. His impact as a passer would have been like a 10th. Simmons half court game needs work but dude he a very impactful passer especially on the break

Hawkeye15
11-02-2018, 03:44 PM

this. Rookies, with very few exceptions, don't contribute to winning. They just don't, regardless of their per game numbers.

TheDish87
11-02-2018, 03:59 PM
this. Rookies, with very few exceptions, don't contribute to winning. They just don't, regardless of their per game numbers.

yet leading the 2-6 Mavs while having a usage of +25% makes Donic better than Simmons all of the sudden. its crazy how everyone reacts to every little thing better or worse in the moment. no one has patience anymore.

FlashBolt
11-02-2018, 07:00 PM

while true, he definitely has a lot of value in his game. Mavs need him to score more than he would like honestly. I'd like to see him play on a team where he's not the first option and has some guy who he can feed it to. KP and Luka would be exciting to watch.

Heediot
11-02-2018, 07:02 PM

He is capable but won't be the same beast in transition like a Bron or Simmons. ust nowhere close to their area.tier of athleticism. Bron world class, Ben a tier below. Doncic maybe 3 tiers below Simmons lolol.

I`m not worried about Luka on offense, Just needs to change his diet and gain more strength. I seen the guy chugging down a redbull right before the euroleague final, who knows what other bad habits he had. His stroke and form look nicre, with experience and reps he shoul;d be a more efficient shooter as he grows. with the no touch rules, it helps guys like him with handles even if they lack the speed and explosion.

He`ll be lucky to be an average defender though.

zookman65
11-02-2018, 11:59 PM

Probably not but he can hit the broad side of a barn. The guy will be a huge scorer within a year or two.

buckalis
11-04-2018, 06:30 AM
Despite Doncic being the favorite to win the ROTY title, one can't overlook that the Bulls have hit gold by drafting W.Carter jr. and particularly, by drafting Chandler Hitchinson at no. 22 of the draft....

I believe both rookies of the Bulls will be ranked in high seeds in the final ROTY results of the season, but most important is that the Bulls will soon end up with a roster that will be competing at the highest level because of them...

I also believe that the Bulls will be hot in trying to sign a TOP-5 AllStar for next season and can't see a better fit for the team , than K.D... Surely the team to watch for the future...

warfelg
11-04-2018, 09:32 AM
He wonít get ROY love, but Landry Shamet looking like Reddick Jr.

buckalis
11-04-2018, 11:15 AM
He wonít get ROY love, but Landry Shamet looking like Reddick Jr.

Who? ...Chandler Hutchinson? ...he will be an AllStar within the next 3 years and end up a TOP-10 player within the next 5 years if you ask me... The man has the (amazing) body of OG Anunoby, the ball handling and dribbling ability of Kemba Walker, the foot work of Kyrie Irving, the athletism of Jimmy Butler and the basketball skills of Doncic.... I would have picked him No1 if it was the only pick I would have... this man will make history in the NBA for being the alternative of Giannis upside down... While Giannis is a unicorn "from big towards PG", he is a unique unicorn from the opposite direction... "from PG up to big"... a real basketball phenomenon he is...

warfelg
11-04-2018, 11:46 AM
That's an amazing skill you have to spin off what a post says to continually push your agenda.

buckalis
11-04-2018, 12:07 PM
That's an amazing skill you have to spin off what a post says to continually push your agenda.
But... unlike the brainless trolls you mess around by having conversations here (which is a disadvantage of yours you don't do intentionally - you only have to understand which are the trolls here and stop messing with them in "conversations"), I risk my credibility and top level knowledge of basketball fundumentals... don't I? ...but it soon prove to be it was never a risk to take... just knowledge... won't it?

EDIT: I would therefore suggest, instead of you being negative on a post without supporting your negativity, to support your argument behind a certain reasoning instead... and plase stop messing with trolls I have in my ignor list... we have to make PSD better and credible with our posts.

warfelg
11-04-2018, 12:15 PM
What the hell are you talking about? Yea a guy averaging 5/.7/.6 on 20 MPG is really revolutionizing the game.

buckalis
11-04-2018, 12:33 PM
What the hell are you talking about? Yea a guy averaging 5/.7/.6 on 20 MPG is really revolutionizing the game.

Actually its 4rebs per, rather than the .7 you suggest and the guy is only in his 8th game, having established himself at more than 12 pts, 5 rebs and 2 assists per in the in the later ones... You obviously haven't watched even a minute of the man playing and already have formed an "opinion" ...Am I right?

Tg11
11-04-2018, 01:12 PM
Y'all think Wendell Carter Jr. or Chandler winning Rookie of the Year is gonna happen...it ain't gon happen!!! I already told y'all that Doncic is winning Rookie of the Year and he will given the numbers he puts up with Dallas night in night out like almost a foregone conclusion!!!

buckalis
11-04-2018, 01:21 PM
ADMIIIIIINS... get this fooking d1ckhead buck to the ZOO where he belongs....

Redrum187
11-04-2018, 01:34 PM
Two points within the first 9 games of Luka's career in the NBA:

1.) I expected more out of his passing (he is good but is turning it over a tiny bit). I believe he'll definitely improve as the season goes forward though.

2.) His lack of athleticism making him a liability on defense was GREATLY overstated. He isn't Kawhi Leonard, but he is far from a traffic cone. He is always on a bigger wing (for obvious reasons) but I see the effort there. Maybe he gives up defensively in the future to focus more on offense, but within these two handful of games, he's been average at worst.

Having said that, he is on pace for the ROY. He is a fun player to watch.

Tg11
11-04-2018, 01:37 PM
Two points within the first 9 games of Luka's career in the NBA:

1.) I expected more out of his passing (he is good but is turning it over a tiny bit). I believe he'll definitely improve as the season goes forward though.

2.) His lack of athleticism making him a liability on defense was GREATLY overstated. He isn't Kawhi Leonard, but he is far from a traffic cone. He is always on a bigger wing (for obvious reasons) but I see the effort there. Maybe he gives up defensively in the future to focus more on offense, but within these two handful of games, he's been average at worst.

Having said that, he is on pace for the ROY. He is a fun player to watch.

Exactly he is fun to watch but he is a rookie with the most upside compared to Ayton

Raps08-09 Champ
11-04-2018, 02:16 PM
Trae's been pretty good.

I don't think he'll be that star player but he's doing better than expected.

Tg11
11-04-2018, 02:22 PM
Trae Young has been inconsistent but that is my opinion

warfelg
11-04-2018, 02:25 PM
Actually its 4rebs per, rather than the .7 you suggest and the guy is only in his 8th game, having established himself at more than 12 pts, 5 rebs and 2 assists per in the in the later ones... You obviously haven't watched even a minute of the man playing and already have formed an "opinion" ...Am I right?

Iíve watched the Bulls because LaVine is an exciting player. Hutchinson is not that. He fits the 7th-8th rotational player role at best. He shoots roughly 75% of his shots 10í and in, and is barely over 50% in that range. Doesnít get to the rim enough for shots that close, and itís likely good that he doesnít. He looks lost on defense, and is sporting on of the worst defense/offense splits from the rookies.

buckalis
11-04-2018, 02:30 PM
Iíve watched the Bulls because LaVine is an exciting player. Hutchinson is not that. He fits the 7th-8th rotational player role at best. He shoots roughly 75% of his shots 10í and in, and is barely over 50% in that range. Doesnít get to the rim enough for shots that close, and itís likely good that he doesnít. He looks lost on defense, and is sporting on of the worst defense/offense splits from the rookies.
All good observations for a guy that has had some 150 mins of NBA experience as of now...

WestCoastSportz
11-05-2018, 02:10 PM
I wasn't a fan of Doncic during the draft process, but the guy has been balling and playing much better than I thought he would. If he continues to play the way he has been, he should win ROTY hands downs. So far, the best rookies has been:

1. Luka Doncic
2. Deandre Ayton
3. Trae Young
4. Wendall Carter Jr.
5. Marvin Bagley

cmellofan15
11-05-2018, 05:59 PM
All good observations for a guy that has had some 150 mins of NBA experience as of now...

Hahahahahaha you used that exact same sample size to say that he that he will be a top 10 player

Tg11
11-07-2018, 03:18 PM
I wasn't a fan of Doncic during the draft process, but the guy has been balling and playing much better than I thought he would. If he continues to play the way he has been, he should win ROTY hands downs. So far, the best rookies has been:

1. Luka Doncic
2. Deandre Ayton
3. Trae Young
4. Wendall Carter Jr.
5. Marvin Bagley

I can agree with this list

buckalis
11-07-2018, 03:43 PM

1. Luka Doncic
2. Deandre Ayton
3. Trae Young
4. Wendall Carter Jr.
5. Marvin Bagley
Yeah... now that Bamba has been benched from Orlando and JJjr seems to fall back, WCjr and Bagley seem to be the bigs that follow Ayton and both have established themselves in their starting rosters putting double digits on the board...

Redrum187
11-07-2018, 07:10 PM
Luka Doncic seems to already be on a healthy Gordon Hayward level at the age of 19. I love watching this kid play.

What's interesting is that Dallas plays him at PF 80% of the time. If anyone else is watching him, how would you rate his defense? I was expecting him to be trash on that end... but he isn't. (To be fair, Dallas' perimeter defense, especially opponent 3 point shooting is pretty garbage and needs work, but Luka isn't the one guarding the guards.)

Tg11
11-07-2018, 07:25 PM
Luka should even be playing C he should be at the 5 but that is just my opinion anyway

Redrum187
11-07-2018, 07:28 PM
Luka should even be playing C he should be at the 5 but that is just my opinion anyway

Why is that? He does look taller than 6'7, I'm not sure his real height, but I'm not sure he could bang with the centers.

Also, Dallas has a few really decent looking bigs that are performing well. Powell and Kleber are nice players in their limited playing time. I imagine there won't be time left when Dirk comes back at the PF/C spots.

Tg11
11-07-2018, 08:50 PM
Dirk can play the 4 or 5 easily but Luka can he be the new Dirk essentially for Dallas

Wrigheyes4MVP
11-08-2018, 03:50 PM

1. Luka Doncic
2. Deandre Ayton
3. Trae Young
4. Wendall Carter Jr.
5. Marvin Bagley

I have Bagley ahead of Carter. Otherwise I agree with the list so far.

zookman65
11-09-2018, 01:02 AM
Why would you ever play Luka at Center as someone above suggested. Have you seen his PF skills. He routinely takes the ball coast to coast off a rebound and has incredible ball handling and passing skills. The last place you would want to waste his talents is down in the old school blocks.

Wrigheyes4MVP
11-09-2018, 11:28 AM
Luka at the 5 is laughable.

warfelg
11-10-2018, 05:03 PM
Luka should be playing the 2 or small ball 4.

EthanHarris
11-12-2018, 02:32 AM
Why would you ever play Luka at Center as someone above suggested. Have you seen his PF skills. He routinely takes the ball coast to coast off a rebound and has incredible ball handling and passing skills. The last place you would want to waste his talents is down in the old school blocks.

Agree. Luka is an amazing player. As center he won't be able to show his skills.

kobe4thewinbang
11-14-2018, 12:48 AM
It's Doncic right now, and I haven't seen any #2 chasing him. Doncic is already having multiple 20+ scoring performances, and helping Dallas get wins.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-16-2018, 03:00 PM

Jamiecballer
11-18-2018, 04:51 PM

To me, Trae Young and Doncic are having the better year.That's some pretty harsh criticism putting Young above him.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Jamiecballer
11-18-2018, 04:56 PM
Trae Young is on the fast track to playing overseas. Unfortunately he is exactly as advertised.

Heediot
11-18-2018, 05:01 PM
Trae Young is on the fast track to playing overseas. Unfortunately he is exactly as advertised.

give him time to fill his body and refine his game. you could be right but everyone grows and develops differently.

Jamiecballer
11-18-2018, 05:04 PM
give him time to fill his body and refine his game. you could be right but everyone grows and develops differently.Good point. Should revisit in 12 months time.

FlashBolt
11-23-2018, 06:20 AM

I watched like two Hawks games for about 30 minutes total. He's stuck on a bad team where no one is trying to help him get open. Dude is just in a position where he has to create his own shot every time. I don't know if he's just naturally small but he'll need to bulk up a few lbs. and try to create contact attacking the rim. Teams are punishing him in the inside so he's usually chucking something stupid. Guys like Trae need a few years. He won't be Curry IMO but Curry came into the league a year older. Trae just turned 20.

buckalis
11-23-2018, 12:00 PM

Jesus man... I can't believe that there are people so ignorant about basketball that dare to "conclude" on rookies that only had about 400mins of NBA playing in their careers... Young and Shai both have the potential to develop as high as a PG ever has...

I guess the reason behind your ridiculous "opinions" on judging players or teams, is you complete ignorance on basketball basics... there can be other explanation... "Trae Young is on the fast track to playing overseas"... lol !!!

Mr.B
11-23-2018, 06:29 PM
I watched like two Hawks games for about 30 minutes total. He's stuck on a bad team where no one is trying to help him get open. Dude is just in a position where he has to create his own shot every time. I don't know if he's just naturally small but he'll need to bulk up a few lbs. and try to create contact attacking the rim. Teams are punishing him in the inside so he's usually chucking something stupid. Guys like Trae need a few years. He won't be Curry IMO but Curry came into the league a year older. Trae just turned 20.

As a Mavs fan Iím actually pulling for Trae to have a successful career. I donít think he beats out Luka or Ayton for the ROY award but I do think heíll have a great career. Iíd love in 10 years to look back at the 2018 draft and see a ton of great players to have come out of that draft. There could end up being a lot of similarities between Lukaís draft (2018) and Dirkís draft (1998) where several HOF caliber players were drafted.

cmellofan15
11-24-2018, 04:39 PM
Who? ...Chandler Hutchinson? ...he will be an AllStar within the next 3 years and end up a TOP-10 player within the next 5 years if you ask me... The man has the (amazing) body of OG Anunoby, the ball handling and dribbling ability of Kemba Walker, the foot work of Kyrie Irving, the athletism of Jimmy Butler and the basketball skills of Doncic.... I would have picked him No1 if it was the only pick I would have... this man will make history in the NBA for being the alternative of Giannis upside down... While Giannis is a unicorn "from big towards PG", he is a unique unicorn from the opposite direction... "from PG up to big"... a real basketball phenomenon he is...

Jesus man... I can't believe that there are people so ignorant about basketball that dare to "conclude" on rookies that only had about 400mins of NBA playing in their careers... Young and Shai both have the potential to develop as high as a PG ever has...

I guess the reason behind your ridiculous "opinions" on judging players or teams, is you complete ignorance on basketball basics... there can be other explanation... "Trae Young is on the fast track to playing overseas"... lol !!!

Lmao you can't use a small sample size to write players off, but you can use a small sample size to deem Chandler ****in Hutchinson a future top 10 player? How's that work genius?

buckalis
11-24-2018, 06:19 PM
Lmao you can't use a small sample size to write players off, but you can use a small sample size to deem Chandler ****in Hutchinson a future top 10 player? How's that work genius?

By looking at details that only the better of scouters can see... It's like when Magic Johnson & Gregg Popovic predicted that Giannis is an "NBA phenomenon" that will develop to the best player ever in the NBA, just a few months after he was drafted...

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sELDe4JZKAQ

FlashBolt
11-25-2018, 09:17 AM
As a Mavs fan Iím actually pulling for Trae to have a successful career. I donít think he beats out Luka or Ayton for the ROY award but I do think heíll have a great career. Iíd love in 10 years to look back at the 2018 draft and see a ton of great players to have come out of that draft. There could end up being a lot of similarities between Lukaís draft (2018) and Dirkís draft (1998) where several HOF caliber players were drafted.

A guy like Trae would be great for the league. Stephen Curry might've been the best thing to happen because he grabbed so many casuals and regular fans out there. Trae could do the same. Dude looks like some regular college kid. Hawks need to do a better job of helping him out there. A rookie shouldn't be forced to carry that much of a load.

Mr.B
11-25-2018, 12:50 PM
A guy like Trae would be great for the league. Stephen Curry might've been the best thing to happen because he grabbed so many casuals and regular fans out there. Trae could do the same. Dude looks like some regular college kid. Hawks need to do a better job of helping him out there. A rookie shouldn't be forced to carry that much of a load.

I agree! He needs a ton of help. Hopefully they donít ruin him before he gets that help.

Tg11
11-25-2018, 05:53 PM
Luka continues to get better and better

buckalis
11-25-2018, 08:26 PM
Luka has a chance to play major minutes for a team that has a reasonable chance to have a major improvement from last year. Good narrative.

that's good info... I never thought of that... you are so smart!

warfelg
11-28-2018, 12:48 PM

Jamiecballer
11-28-2018, 07:04 PM

I guess the reason behind your ridiculous "opinions" on judging players or teams, is you complete ignorance on basketball basics... there can be other explanation... "Trae Young is on the fast track to playing overseas"... lol !!!Mark the date on your calendar, and make sure you come back to me to revisit it 2 years from now k.

For the record, you should know that a phrase like "looks to be on the fast track to" means right now, if things dont change, he looks like pile of poop. I am not precluding him from getting better einstein, but his itchy trigger despite less than stellar shooting and atrocious D have both been true to form, SO FAR. Issues in college, issues so far as a pro.

I will freely acknowledge this is exactly what I expected for Trae, if I had been in a coma until the day before the season started I would probably not be making these comments because yes, 20 games and all that.

Redrum187
11-30-2018, 10:47 AM
Luka "my mom and I are sexy af" Doncic is killing it for the Mavericks. The Mavericks had a slow start with a record of 2-7, they are now 10-9 with Luka balling out every game. In that run they have beated: Houston, Boston, Brooklyn, Golden State, Oklahoma City, Utah just to name a few.

Luka takes hits and bumps like a strongman as well. He gets knocked down, hit in the face, etc... but gets right back up. I would prefer he take better care of himself, but it's good knowing he is a tough player in spite of looking like a porn star :love:. I also wish he could take care of the ball better (still turns it over a bit).

I don't see how he isn't ahead of everyone else by a fairly comfortable gap.

warfelg
11-30-2018, 10:56 AM
Luka "my mom and I are sexy af" Doncic is killing it for the Mavericks. The Mavericks had a slow start with a record of 2-7, they are now 10-9 with Luka balling out every game. In that run they have beated: Houston, Boston, Brooklyn, Golden State, Oklahoma City, Utah just to name a few.

Luka takes hits and bumps like a strongman as well. He gets knocked down, hit in the face, etc... but gets right back up. I would prefer he take better care of himself, but it's good knowing he is a tough player in spite of looking like a porn star :love:. I also wish he could take care of the ball better (still turns it over a bit).

I don't see how he isn't ahead of everyone else by a fairly comfortable gap.

I think whatís working in Lukas favor is Rick Carlisle. He hasnít been forced to be a 1, 2, 3, 4. Heís just been used to make plays. And thatís really helping.

FlashBolt
11-30-2018, 11:32 PM
Any Mavs fans out here able to tell us if Luka's defense is any good? I'm ignorant about him outside of some highlights. On a scale of 1-10, how is his defense and do you think that's one area he can improve on or is he just one of those guys who really doesn't try to defend?

Mr.B
12-01-2018, 12:18 AM
Any Mavs fans out here able to tell us if Luka's defense is any good? I'm ignorant about him outside of some highlights. On a scale of 1-10, how is his defense and do you think that's one area he can improve on or is he just one of those guys who really doesn't try to defend?

His defense has been pretty good Iíd say heís about a 6 right now. After a year or two in an NBA nutrition program I think he could get to an 8-8.5. Heís never going to be Scottie Pippen out there but heís pretty good on that end of the floor.

Tg11
12-01-2018, 08:22 AM
His defense has been pretty good Iíd say heís about a 6 right now. After a year or two in an NBA nutrition program I think he could get to an 8-8.5. Heís never going to be Scottie Pippen out there but heís pretty good on that end of the floor.

Doncic will be an All Star by next season guaranteed or by Year 3

Zenorazon
12-04-2018, 06:28 AM
Luka continues to get better and better

I concur.

FlashBolt
12-05-2018, 06:38 AM
Luka really impressing me. Carrying the Mavs to the playoff standings right now. Ayton was supposed to be the most NBA-ready player. Luka, by far, is it.

R. Johnson#3
12-06-2018, 05:33 PM
Luka really impressing me. Carrying the Mavs to the playoff standings right now. Ayton was supposed to be the most NBA-ready player. Luka, by far, is it.

By what standards? Luka won MVP in the 2nd best professional league in the World. I'd say that makes him more NBA ready than any college prospect.

R. Johnson#3
12-06-2018, 05:46 PM
Called it before the season and it's pretty much Doncic's award already. It seemed like everyone (myself included) was skeptical because of his lack of athleticism. Just how much game can some 19 year old kid actually have? Well it turns out the kid is downright nasty. Fakes people out of their shoes consistently and can make buckets. Dishes it out like a vet and he's already recorded back to back blocks on Lebron. I think the most surprising thing about him is what he lacks in speed and overall quickness he makes up for in toughness. He doesn't shy away from contact on either end.

Luka is going to be a star in the league for a very long time. His game is already polished at 19 and it's only going to get better.

FlashBolt
12-06-2018, 07:29 PM
By what standards? Luka won MVP in the 2nd best professional league in the World. I'd say that makes him more NBA ready than any college prospect.

Not standards, by many analysts Ayton was consistently ranked as the most NBA ready. You can simply Google it as there are a wide variety of sources.

R. Johnson#3
12-06-2018, 07:43 PM
Not standards, by many analysts Ayton was consistently ranked as the most NBA ready. You can simply Google it as there are a wide variety of sources.

I thought it was your own personal opinion. They have to use some kind of standard to determine if players are NBA ready or not. I'm not saying I don't believe you because I remember reading about it and disagreeing with it big time.

FlashBolt
12-06-2018, 09:30 PM
I thought it was your own personal opinion. They have to use some kind of standard to determine if players are NBA ready or not. I'm not saying I don't believe you because I remember reading about it and disagreeing with it big time.

I mean it wasn't ludicrous to say Ayton could be the most NBA ready. He just had a very polished offensive game for a center. Doncic is just on another level but he is also on a better team that actually tries to emphasize winning. Rick Carlisle isn't one to want to tank.

R. Johnson#3
12-06-2018, 10:11 PM
I mean it wasn't ludicrous to say Ayton could be the most NBA ready. He just had a very polished offensive game for a center. Doncic is just on another level but he is also on a better team that actually tries to emphasize winning. Rick Carlisle isn't one to want to tank.

Yeah Doncic definitely came into a better situation but that's beside the point. I find it hard to claim a one and done college player to be more NBA ready than an MVP who played the last 3 seasons against the 2nd highest level of pros.

zn23
12-08-2018, 09:39 PM
This one's over.

Redrum187
12-09-2018, 12:06 AM
Ask a Rockets fan what they think of Luka Doncic after tonights game... Holy $&*+!! Luka went on an 11-0 run with a couple minutes left in the 4th to dig the Mavs out of a 8 point deficit and win it... 3x 3-pointers and a 2 pointer. This kid has ice in his veins. What a f***ing game!

AMK
12-09-2018, 08:21 PM
Luka is easily better than rookie LeBron.

Melo was robbed of ROY, but that was the beginning of manufacturing LeBron.

FlashBolt
12-11-2018, 08:12 PM
Luka is easily better than rookie LeBron.

Melo was robbed of ROY, but that was the beginning of manufacturing LeBron.

Lmao, Luka wasn't better than rookie LeBron. The game was much different back then so the traditional stats comparing of now vs then is misleading. In no way was Luka better than LeBron other than shooting the ball.

ewing
12-13-2018, 12:18 AM
Lmao, Luka wasn't better than rookie LeBron. The game was much different back then so the traditional stats comparing of now vs then is misleading. In no way was Luka better than LeBron other than shooting the ball.

Easily brah

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-13-2018, 02:01 AM
ROY, Iíd have to say is probably LeBron, as the Spurs stat sheet can attest to.

But Simmons has a shot as well.

Who the hell is this Luka guy?!?!?!?!

R. Johnson#3
12-13-2018, 09:13 AM

Rookie Lebron was an athletic freak with several holes in his game outside of his ability to get to the basket. Rookie Luka looks like heís been in the league for 10 years.

Wrigheyes4MVP
12-13-2018, 07:45 PM

I was gonna mock him too... then I looked at the numbers.

zn23
12-13-2018, 09:22 PM
The only thing I'm not digging about Luka is that new Hitler youth haircut he has now.

zookman65
12-13-2018, 09:26 PM
Hitler posts are highly inappropriate. I am going to report myself

zookman65
12-13-2018, 09:29 PM
The only thing I'm not digging Luka about is that new Hitler youth haircut he has now.

Hitler was a foot shorter, didnt have a half sleeve tat and his step back 3 was iffy at best

zookman65
12-13-2018, 09:30 PM
Hitler posts are highly inappropriate. I am going to report myself

Come on man this isnt funny

Mr.B
12-13-2018, 10:52 PM
Hitler was a foot shorter, didnt have a half sleeve tat and his step back 3 was iffy at best

His court vision was pretty bad too.

Vinylman
12-14-2018, 01:53 PM
I was gonna mock him too... then I looked at the numbers.

And... everything that is wrong with basketball analysis summed up succinctly.

Vinylman
12-14-2018, 01:59 PM
two numbers 90.8 and 99.6

Wrigheyes4MVP
12-14-2018, 04:36 PM
And... everything that is wrong with basketball analysis summed up succinctly.

Nobody is arguing that he's better than Lebron or will be better. Lebron had a huge sophmore season breakout and has been dominant ever since.

Vinylman
12-17-2018, 08:45 PM
Nobody is arguing that he's better than Lebron or will be better. Lebron had a huge sophmore season breakout and has been dominant ever since.

you said you looked at the numbers... I gave you the only two that matter and you probably don't even know what they are.

analyzing numbers in the proper context makes it NOT EVEN CLOSE

GREATNESS ONE
12-17-2018, 08:49 PM
Luka "Donkey Punch" Doncic

netherfire
12-20-2018, 10:42 PM
It's a race between Doncic and Ayton at this point. Ayton has the better individual stats, but Doncic is putting up pretty good numbers too on a better team.

Giannis94
12-21-2018, 12:08 PM
I keep wondering how the suns are not winning with 2 solid rookies plus booker. Can someone pleae explain?

warfelg
12-21-2018, 01:44 PM
No point guard and they donít play defense.

Redrum187
12-21-2018, 02:56 PM
It's a race between Doncic and Ayton at this point. Ayton has the better individual stats, but Doncic is putting up pretty good numbers too on a better team.

I suppose it's a "race" in the sense that someone will get 1st and someone will get 2nd, but Luka is pretty far ahead of Ayton. Luka is the better offensive player and defensive player. Offensively, Ayton is more efficient but scores less and doesn't create in the way Luka does for his team. Luka is also one of the most, if not the most, clutch person this season (I don't know if the stat I saw is still up-to-date).

Luka isn't just a sexy beast, his game rivals the beauty of his mom.

valade16
12-21-2018, 04:58 PM
I suppose it's a "race" in the sense that someone will get 1st and someone will get 2nd, but Luka is pretty far ahead of Ayton. Luka is the better offensive player and defensive player. Offensively, Ayton is more efficient but scores less and doesn't create in the way Luka does for his team. Luka is also one of the most, if not the most, clutch person this season (I don't know if the stat I saw is still up-to-date).

Luka isn't just a sexy beast, his game rivals the beauty of his mom.

Yeah I don't think it's close honestly. Doncic is the best player on a .500 team in the West showing poise beyond his years.

zookman65
12-21-2018, 08:26 PM
Doncic is the reason why the Mavs are a better team. I think people are getting cause and effect mixed up. He makes everyone better around him.

Tg11
12-23-2018, 05:08 AM
Doncic is the reason why the Mavs are a better team. I think people are getting cause and effect mixed up. He makes everyone better around him.

Can't say the same for Ayton

tredigs
12-23-2018, 05:35 AM
I mean Ayton may be the worst defensive player I have ever seen.

VCaintdead17
12-24-2018, 02:16 AM
Luka pretty easily

VCaintdead17
12-24-2018, 02:18 AM

Defense doesn't matter at all when it comes to ROY tbf

zn23
12-24-2018, 02:51 AM
Ayton and Jaren Jackson have been ballin as well.

This was a good rookie class. I can see Doncic, Jackson, Ayton and Young becoming future stars. I can't say the same about Mo Bamba.

zookman65
12-24-2018, 08:42 AM
Ayton and Jaren Jackson have been ballin as well.

This was a good rookie class. I can see Doncic, Jackson, Ayton and Young becoming future stars. I can't say the same about Mo Bamba.

Likely in that order too in terms of upside. Doncic is going to grow into a stronger more fit professional over the few years. Ayton has a high floor low upside IMO. He is what he is. I think Young is going to be an average player long term. Still a pretty decent class it appears with Bagley also having some upside.

ohreally
12-27-2018, 11:26 PM
Give Kurucs more time as a starter and he should come into this conversation, even if he was the 40th pick. He's effective, shoots free throws well, rebounds, makes steals, and even blocks shots. And this after basically not playing last year.

Giannis94
12-28-2018, 12:27 AM
Luka played professional ball . He shouldn't count if people didn't want simmons , who redshirted a year, to not be eligible. Why should a player that has already played professionally win the ROY? Its for rookies.

Mr.B
12-28-2018, 10:36 PM
Luka played professional ball . He shouldn't count if people didn't want simmons , who redshirted a year, to not be eligible. Why should a player that has already played professionally win the ROY? Its for rookies.

Simmons wasnít eliminated from the award so neither should Luka.

zookman65
12-29-2018, 12:56 AM

Because he is a rookie to the NBA. Most good college players are also paid all the way from AAU through college.

warfelg
12-30-2018, 10:53 AM
Yeah I don't think it's close honestly. Doncic is the best player on a .500 team in the West showing poise beyond his years.

Tends to happen when you play pro since you were 14 ;)

warfelg
12-30-2018, 10:57 AM

What gets me is the same exact defense of him is happening as did with Okafor:
ďThe guys around him arenít good defendersĒ
ďHe doesnít get asked to try to be available for offenseĒ
ďIt take so much time to learn how to defendĒ
ďHeís only a rookie!Ē

Sometimes you just got to face the music:
Heís not a good defender.

zookman65
12-31-2018, 02:05 AM
Barring injury to Luka this race wont even be close. He simply is the only rookie that can and has taken over games single handed for his team. You cant drop 11 points in 2 minutes standing 3 feet from the basket. Luka's ability to shake his defender with beyond belief ball handling skills, foot work and deception defies belief for a kid that should have just graduated high school this past year. Un F'n believable.

Here is a 15 second clip of Luka breaking Paul George's ankles - figuratively not literally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5xvJihho1Y

And for your added enjoyment - All of Luka's step back 3s through Dec 20th. A dozen more in past week not shown on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCtsMAfSGc0

Tg11
12-31-2018, 07:16 AM
Luka is a star in this league hands down hell he has already arrived

Redrum187
01-01-2019, 09:16 PM
I masturbate to Luka every night before bed.

buckalis
01-10-2019, 08:47 PM
I masturbate to Luka every night before bed.

I guess it's good alternative than having real sex for you...

zookman65
01-12-2019, 12:00 AM
This thread should be retired. Luka dropped 29, 12 assists, 8 rebounds with the dagger 3 pointer to seal the game tonight on the road against the Timberwolves. 2nd in entire NBA in clutch shooting percentage (53%).

Last 3 games:
29 PTS, 12 AST, 8 REB
30 PTS, 5 REB, 5 AST
27 PTS, 8 REB, 2 AST

More-Than-Most
01-12-2019, 05:10 AM
Simmons wasnít eliminated from the award so neither should Luka.

no doubt but we had to hear that **** all year plus so its nice to see the egg on peoples faces when they are trying to argue duncic now over someone... which by the way was my argument the entire time on how stupid people were when arguing against simmons... now i see these same people saying duncic is ROY and its HILARIOUS.

More-Than-Most
01-12-2019, 05:12 AM
Barring injury to Luka this race wont even be close. He simply is the only rookie that can and has taken over games single handed for his team. You cant drop 11 points in 2 minutes standing 3 feet from the basket. Luka's ability to shake his defender with beyond belief ball handling skills, foot work and deception defies belief for a kid that should have just graduated high school this past year. Un F'n believable.

Here is a 15 second clip of Luka breaking Paul George's ankles - figuratively not literally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5xvJihho1Y

And for your added enjoyment - All of Luka's step back 3s through Dec 20th. A dozen more in past week not shown on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCtsMAfSGc0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2paWnPCiNqA

remember this???? year it didnt matter because people didnt consider simmons a true rookie much like duncic isnt a true rookie lololol... By the way Duncic is the roy clearly. This is just amazing to me.

zookman65
01-12-2019, 09:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2paWnPCiNqA

remember this???? year it didnt matter because people didnt consider simmons a true rookie much like duncic isnt a true rookie lololol... By the way Duncic is the roy clearly. This is just amazing to me.

No but thanks for the reminder. That was a killer performance by Simmons. BTW, If I had 10 dollars for every time someone has made the Ben Simmons is ROY this year joke on twitter I would literally be a multi-millionaire. The league is big enough for Ben and Luka to both be great, correct? How do you think the Sixers would look with Luka paired with Embid. Would they swap Simmons for Luka?

Redrum187
01-12-2019, 12:36 PM
This thread should be retired. Luka dropped 29, 12 assists, 8 rebounds with the dagger 3 pointer to seal the game tonight on the road against the Timberwolves. 2nd in entire NBA in clutch shooting percentage (53%).

Last 3 games:
29 PTS, 12 AST, 8 REB
30 PTS, 5 REB, 5 AST
27 PTS, 8 REB, 2 AST

It was a hell of a game! Luka has been clutch all season long for the Mavericks. He is sexy af!

I lost my Timmy Duncan... I'll be losing my Dirk soon... I'm just glad I have someone else to cheer for.

ewing
01-12-2019, 09:25 PM
It was a hell of a game! Luka has been clutch all season long for the Mavericks. He is sexy af!

I lost my Timmy Duncan... I'll be losing my Dirk soon... I'm just glad I have someone else to cheer for.

Are you a girl? I donít care either way but I think it is funny how often you call Luka sexy

zookman65
01-14-2019, 12:32 AM
Are you a girl? I donít care either way but I think it is funny how often you call Luka sexy

Uh I dont think you are allowed to ask in a gender fluid non-binary world. Shame on you :)

Redrum187
01-14-2019, 02:52 PM

I'll be whatever Luka wants me to be. :p

Redrum187
01-14-2019, 02:54 PM
It took Stephen Curry making 11/19 3 pointers to pull Golden State over the top for a win last night. Luka gets the entire team involved, but unfortunately, Stephen Curry is a 3 point shooting God and willed his team to a victory.

I'm not upset, Curry and the Warriors just outgunned Luka and the Mavs but the fact the Mavs were on the verge of winning in spite of those types of odds makes me more pleased with Luka in the present and in the future.

ewing
01-14-2019, 02:54 PM
I'll be whatever Luka wants me to be. :p

I hope he isn't too big a star to appreciate the versatility

Mr.B
01-14-2019, 11:35 PM
It took Stephen Curry making 11/19 3 pointers to pull Golden State over the top for a win last night. Luka gets the entire team involved, but unfortunately, Stephen Curry is a 3 point shooting God and willed his team to a victory.

I'm not upset, Curry and the Warriors just outgunned Luka and the Mavs but the fact the Mavs were on the verge of winning in spite of those types of odds makes me more pleased with Luka in the present and in the future.

Luka was great but that game was a perfect example of why the Mavs need another elite scorer.

zookman65
01-15-2019, 01:59 AM
Luka was great but that game was a perfect example of why the Mavs need another elite scorer.

Mavs definitely need a lot more. I dont see Harrison Barnes even being a contributor on the Mavs when they are good again with Luka leading the way

Redrum187
01-15-2019, 03:11 AM
Mavs definitely need a lot more. I dont see Harrison Barnes even being a contributor on the Mavs when they are good again with Luka leading the way

Barnes would make a decent 3rd option. I would love for the Mavericks to get their hands on Khris Middleton though... I believe Middleton could be a viable 2nd option and would complement Luka more than Barnes.

Mr.B
01-18-2019, 12:12 PM

Yea I donít see Barnes in Dallas long term either. He has 1 more year on his contract and I think that will be it for him in Dallas.

Mr.B
01-18-2019, 12:15 PM
Barnes would make a decent 3rd option. I would love for the Mavericks to get their hands on Khris Middleton though... I believe Middleton could be a viable 2nd option and would complement Luka more than Barnes.

I also would love to see Middleton replace Barnes in Dallas. The Mavs are going to have a ton of cap space over the next 2 seasons. Theyíve never been able to lure in any of the top free agents so itís going to be interesting to see if having Luka will change that. Will players want to come to Dallas not for a chance to play with Luka?

Heediot
01-21-2019, 08:34 PM
I also would love to see Middleton replace Barnes in Dallas. The Mavs are going to have a ton of cap space over the next 2 seasons. Theyíve never been able to lure in any of the top free agents so itís going to be interesting to see if having Luka will change that. Will players want to come to Dallas not for a chance to play with Luka?

I think they will. His contract is dirt cheap so the Mavs could sell that and take advantage of is mature, yet still untapped game. He is a willing passer and play-maker and easy to play with, he can also play off the ball pretty good too.

Tg11
01-22-2019, 07:26 AM
If Luka makes the All Star team and wins Rookie of the Year Dallas would be fools not to lock him up long term

Mr.B
01-22-2019, 10:35 PM
If Luka makes the All Star team and wins Rookie of the Year Dallas would be fools not to lock him up long term

His rookie contract is 5 years and then heíll be a restricted free agent in year 6 giving the Mavs to right to match any deal heís offered. It makes zero sense to try and extend him in his second year. Iím honestly not even sure thatís allowed.

aman_13
01-22-2019, 11:41 PM
This is a sure thing.

basch152
01-23-2019, 05:42 PM
all the ben simmons jokes are really dumb. people act like getting a serious injury and not playing/practicing for an entire year is a huge advantage because hey, you're learning from NBA coaches.

zookman65
01-26-2019, 10:17 AM
Find it more amusing by the day the head in crowd Georgians that still think the Hawks did the right thing. What else is the draft about other than finding a generational building block to lead your team.

FlashBolt
01-26-2019, 08:00 PM
Find it more amusing by the day the head in crowd Georgians that still think the Hawks did the right thing. What else is the draft about other than finding a generational building block to lead your team.

You're giving up on Trae too early. I would have taken Doncic 1 or 2 but time needs to be given so Trae can bulk up, adjust his game, etc., He's a 19-20 year old being thrown in against the best players in the world. No team should give up on someone that young just because another player in the draft is better so far.

zookman65
01-26-2019, 08:16 PM
You're giving up on Trae too early. I would have taken Doncic 1 or 2 but time needs to be given so Trae can bulk up, adjust his game, etc., He's a 19-20 year old being thrown in against the best players in the world. No team should give up on someone that young just because another player in the draft is better so far.

Agree no reason to give up on him for sure. He will be a fine pro, just not a Luka.

zookman65
01-27-2019, 11:00 PM
Luka 35 points, 12 boards, 10 assists tonight to become ONLY NBA player in history to log 2 triple doubles as a teenager. Not bad for the unanimous ROY.

FlashBolt
01-28-2019, 01:42 AM
Luka 35 points, 12 boards, 10 assists tonight to become ONLY NBA player in history to log 2 triple doubles as a teenager. Not bad for the unanimous ROY.

****ing 19 years old, too. Should be an All-Star and no doubt in my mind he will be a top ten player for many years to come.

IndyRealist
01-31-2019, 06:43 PM
His rookie contract is 5 years and then heíll be a restricted free agent in year 6 giving the Mavs to right to match any deal heís offered. It makes zero sense to try and extend him in his second year. Iím honestly not even sure thatís allowed.

Rookie contracts should be 4 years, 2 years plus 2 team options. Extensions I believe have to be in the last year of the contract.

gogo
02-07-2019, 12:46 AM
I can't believe how garbage Trae Young has been. The ATL claims they want to be the warriors of the east. So they hire their trainer and a fourth rate version of Steph. Not looking good so far.

Scoots
02-07-2019, 08:40 PM
Rookie contracts should be 4 years, 2 years plus 2 team options. Extensions I believe have to be in the last year of the contract.

I think they can extend them before they are in the last year, but I'm not sure.

Scoots
02-07-2019, 08:45 PM
Why is this thread even open? This award is done.

zookman65
02-07-2019, 09:43 PM
Why is this thread even open? This award is done.

What are you trying to say Scoots? 21 ppg, 5 assists, 7+ rebounds a game and 3 triple doubles as a teenager are enough to win it? We will have to wait and see.

Scoots
02-07-2019, 11:12 PM
What are you trying to say Scoots? 21 ppg, 5 assists, 7+ rebounds a game and 3 triple doubles as a teenager are enough to win it? We will have to wait and see.

Yes. He's lapped the field ... twice.

gogo
02-08-2019, 02:17 AM
Not to mention he's got the clutch gene. Dirk, Bird, ice water in his veins.

Heediot
02-08-2019, 02:17 PM
https://www.eurohoops.net/en/nba-news/825790/luka-doncic-its-easier-to-score-in-the-nba-than-in-europe/

I've said the same thing for him earlier in the thread. Allowing the big man or whomever to camp in the make it harder to drive because of clogged lanes and easier help d. You need more skill to set up the defender, and or better team play in europe to beat the defense.

Sanjay
02-09-2019, 12:39 AM

I think they can extend them before they are in the last year, but I'm not sure.

A rookie's contract can be extended in their third season.

ewing
02-09-2019, 01:25 AM
https://www.eurohoops.net/en/nba-news/825790/luka-doncic-its-easier-to-score-in-the-nba-than-in-europe/

I've said the same thing for him earlier in the thread. Allowing the big man or whomever to camp in the make it harder to drive because of clogged lanes and easier help d. You need more skill to set up the defender, and or better team play in europe to beat the defense.

Duh. Defense isnít allowed in the NBA

Scoots
02-09-2019, 04:44 PM
Duh. Defense isnít allowed in the NBA

I remember Toni Kucoc learning the lesson the hard way.